Reviews of Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah 5 stars

3 El Thawra Council St Zamalek, 11518 Cairo, Egypt

#42 of 216 hotels in Cairo

Nile view, pool
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Was not informed that there would be security deposit if USD 100 while booking, was charged at check-in and refunded after 4 days from check-out. You only really have Kebabgy restaurants if you are slightly late for lunch, all others remain close or don’t serve apart from lunch hours.

Nile view, pool

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Excellent hotel with professional staff
    • Luxury Club Room with 1 extra bed

This is the place to stay when visiting Cairo. Like a tranquil oasis in an otherwise busy city. Staff is professional and friendly. Hotel is kept very clean. We had a club room on the 21st floor and the view over the Nile and downtown Cairo was stunning, especially at dawn and dusk. The surrounding garden links some of the hotels many restaurants . Our favourite was Kebabgy, serving grilled meat and fish and freshly baked Egyptian bread. Prices are obviously a lot higher than outside the hotel, but equivalent to a good meal out in the UK. The infinity pool was a gem and not very busy. Will definitely choose Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah for my future Cairo stays

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Hotel is tooo expensive, I pay much less in Dubai for the same number of days
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View (3 Adults)

I wanted to upgrade to sweet and pay the difference They could not because I booked with booking And booking say no change or refund Also the deposit amount of 3000 is too much And not all the facility in the hotel accept put it on the room , like the salon they insisted to pay cash

Location Restaurants And the breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I will book there again for sure
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

We faced only one problem. Clogged shower drain. We complained and they moved us to another room directly.

Great Location and Breathtaking View day and night. Great service, Welcoming attitude from all the staff. GREAT breakfast. All the Thanks to chef Majed and all the cooking crew.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Yes , Perfect Hotel
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

What i don’t like that the hotel is over luxary :D i think will not get sastified in any of the future hotels. / really everything perfect and deserves the money

I didn’t got satisified with any previous hotels like this one , If we talk about the view , i was at room at 10th floor full nile view , can’t describe how much it’s beautiful to see the nile from this view in morning or night. Location is perfect near tahrir square , all facilities are available there , 10 stars hotel Hotel simply caring for all detatils indoor / outdoor Buffet breakfast was perfect has also nile view. You can touch the professilism of the stuff , special thanks for Hayam in the buffet breakfast , she can read well what you need and expect well what customers need.

Acceptable and clean
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The noise of downstairs music was disturbing , I had egg shell in my waffle!

The view was great just over the Nile river, the hotel lobby was nice and busy, location is excellent close to boats area, breakfast has wide variety of choices including detox drinks

Excellent stay at Sofitel
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

We arrived early morning and was immediately greeted with friendly faces. We had arranged early check in and it went very smoothly. Our upgraded room had a gorgeous view of the Nile River from the balcony. One thing to point out is that the room was probably set up for 1 guest instead of 2 because there was only 1 bathrobe, slippers and mug. Luckily my husband didn’t care for it. The bed was very comfortable. The amenities... oh the amenities! I wish I could spend a few more nights just to enjoy their infinity pool and the fully equipped gym! We had food from 2 of their restaurants, kebabgy and casa Mia. Delicious! Didn’t try their breakfast although I can imagine it would be quite the spread. The location itself wasn’t close to too many sites we were hoping to see as we prefer walking around cities. The closest sights within walking distance are the opera house, Egyptian museum and Cairo tower. But good luck crossing the street! Overall, wonderful stay at Sofitel.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The location is great and the view from the balcony was...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Check in and out was a little slow because of lengthy processing. Room size was not big but comfortable. Hope hotel and casino policy to prevent staff ask for tips directly.

The location is great and the view from the balcony was great. Reception staff was very friendly. There is a great restaurant on the ground floor just at the river bank.

Best hotel restaurants in Cairo
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

Perfect view of the Nile and very comfortable room. Lounge breakfast is great. Several excellent restaurants with best dinners we ever had in Egypt, the Le Deck and the Grilled Egyptian foods.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Excellent facilities, great view and very comfortable beds!
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Very minor issue: our key cards stopped working and we had to go to reception three times before they sent an engineer to look at the door (the lock mechanism was out of battery). We were waiting outside the door for about 20 minutes before the engineer came. The doors to the hallway are not very well insulated and most movement/sounds in the corridor are heard very well inside the room.

Excellent facilities, great view and very comfortable beds! Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Fantastic breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

From the beginning the hotel team was very responsive toward...
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

From the beginning the hotel team was very responsive toward my special request of late check-out availability Car Parking service was available at very convenient price and very professional The check-in process was smooth and didn't take 3 minutes the room was already prepared although we have arrived before the check in time so there was no waiting time The view was fantastic the atmosphere was cozy and warm We used the hair salon service it was quiet good and with convenient price The hotel team was very friendly always smiling offering help every second and they keep asking how to serve us and how could they facilitate our stay and what should they do to make us enjoy every second in our stay The breakfast was amazing wide variety of premium quality specially bakeries and fruits. Finally the check out process was also smooth and didn't take more then 3 minutes.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Fabulas and confortable
    • Opera King Suite

The derert section was not use the gloves when they prepeare to serve the gest

The seves in the 16th floor was excellant and there were so much polite and freindly

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The pool area and location is great , just as food quality...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Slow service and bathroom was outdated and placed in a cupboard with no ventilation.Overpriced taxi and tour service

The pool area and location is great , just as food quality and some staff members attitude

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

This hotel simply has everything you need for a great stay...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Staff are kind but some didn’t really speak English.

This hotel simply has everything you need for a great stay in Cairo. It’s equipped with a panoramic pool to the Nile, 5 restaurants, an excellent gym and many other facilities. Breakfast is tasty and with a lot of varieties.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The location and view of the hotel was excellent.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The hotel was old, looks creepy and rooms were outdated.

The location and view of the hotel was excellent. It is a big hotel with nearly all services available. There are a good verity of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Extra marvelous
    • Luxury Room with Club Millesime Access and Full Nile View

Mohammad Abdul mon’em ,Yaser Dasouqi,Rida Thabet,Amro Abdul Samee’a,Israa Mahrous,Habiba,Mr Ibrahim Habib of Concierge and Hadeer thanks for being like our second family and thanks for all the efforts you did to ensure our satisfaction and thanks for your beautiful smiles,welcoming souls and for each and everyone in Sofitel our second home and for the wonderful staff who we consider our second family we love and every time we come to Egypt we choose you as our stay place

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The Sofitel staff could not be bothered to care at all.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

We arrived at the Sofitel after over 26 hours of travel delays that ended with all of our luggage being lost. As a result of these delays, we missed our reserved night in the hotel but were unable to contact the hotel in advance as we were in nearly constant transit. We explained the situation to the reservation team and the hotel refused our request to credit us that night, so we had to book another night at an increased rate for a lesser tier room. We were then denied access to one of the properties restaurants because we did not meet the "Smart Casual" dress code. We explained that all of our luggage had been lost and we had no ability to change. The staff was unsympathetic and directed us to the "family friendly" restaurant. This was the last thing our frazzled nerves needed after the travel ordeal we had been through. The staff was unhelpful and unempathetic all around and we wound up switching to the Ritz the next day where we were warmly received and treated with kindness and courtesy that was so lacking at the Sofitel.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

excellent location for the suit but need to work on the cleanness
    • Opera King Suite

welcoming was not encouraging to stay in the hotel

I booked Opera suit and when I entered the suit it was disaster. There was a very very bad smell came from the toilet drainage spread over the suit and when the receptionist came and checked the suit, she agreed that there is very bad smell and I asked her to change the suit. I waited around one hrs. in the business lunge and then I went down to the main reception asking about the new suit. The Receptionist replied that there is no availability and the room service re-cleaned the room and spread air refresher to hide the smell!!! it was very tuff time and I asked them to return my money as I will never ever be forced to stay in this little drainage suit and I asked to meet with the General Manager of the hotel who came latter and I explained the situation to him and he promised me to provide me with another suit within 10 minutes and he did. Thanks to the GM but this is not the way it should be to deal with your customers especially if he reserved the best suit in the hotel after the presidential suit and came from the airport after a long trip... Additionally, the receptionist in the business lounge is not helpful as she is not active at all...

Nice hotel, good location.
    • Junior Suite with Partial Nile View

some parts of the furniture are old, need to be changed like one of the door knobs were shaky not fixed to the door.

location of this hotel is the best, i liked all the restaurants in the hotel specially the Italian restaurant, pool area was good, and staff there very nice and helpful, the view from the room is breath taking, beds are comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The king bed requested was two uncomfortable queen beds...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The king bed requested was two uncomfortable queen beds joined together. I did not informed that the bathroom was equipped for handicapped. The reception provided different messages for the same request.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good but unremarkable stay for a 5* hotel.
    • Superior Room with 1 extra bed

The room curtains could have been better designed as they let in a lot of light. As a light sleeper this interrupted my sleep vastly and no face masks were available when one was requested. The service for breakfast was generally poor until my last morning. The two ladies who are there to welcome you in to the restaurant are more interested in using their phones than helping guests. I was not shown to a table on my first morning, so had to work out the system myself and ask a waiter to put two tables together for a group of 3. I was disgusted to see that a guest had not realised he dropped the tongs at the bread station. A member of staff came by, picked up the tongs and PUT THEM BACK, without cleaning them. Unacceptable is the word. I was due to pick up a letter that was sent to the hotel prior my arrival. Upon arriving the Concierge and Bell Captain could not decide whom receives such letters, so for the 5 days that I stayed I never received my letter. I asked the concierge if he could arrange for a few things to be posted which he duly agreed to. Later on that evening, he had left and the next concierge had not arrived but a member of hotel staff apparently called him, and then after a lot of faffing explained that he probably cannot send it. Although not a major issue, however if I have asked and agreed for something to be done, I then expect it to be done. The Moroccan restaurant, although lovely food - the service is abysmal. Had to ask the waiters three times to take our order and each time they would say one minute just coming. Another guest even asked for someone to come over to my table, as we had been waiting so long.

The staff on most occasions were very polite and attentive. Menna (I think that was her name) the receptionist was extremely good on check in and ensured everything was set up etc. in a swift manner. The gentleman (I unfortunately misplaced my diary where I noted names) who greets you when entering and leaving the hotel was very polite and is a credit to the hotel. Room service and house keeping staff were amazing and the customer service skills they show, should be shown by the restaurant staff.

Dated rooms, great central location
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The rooms are very dated with ugly old furniture and need rennovation - more 3* than 5* standard. Also, avoid the rooms towards Giza (West) as there is a sports playground with children making loud noise at night. The safe in my room was broken. I asked reception 3 times to repair it, but it was never fixed in the 9 days i was there. Very annoying. The girls at the casino entrance didn‘t accept an official German ID for entrance, because they did not know the document - very unprofessional that they don‘t know this in a hotel(?). I asked the concierge to make a reservation at a restaurant (sequoia) and he told me it was fully booked. Then i called the restaurant myself and got a table for 4 people no problem. Unprofessional or lazy concierge.

Fantastic location on the shore of a (relatively) tranquil nile river island in the middle of chaotic and noisy cairo. The palm garden with pool/spa and various restaurants overlooking the nile are very nice.

Bad experience
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I did not like the Sofitel hotel at all- the food was really bad to point me and my friend got seriously ill. The staffs at the reception are very difficult and rude. Overall I had very bad experience at Sofitel hotel and I do not wish to be back or recommend this hotel to anyone.

No much about the hotel to be honest/ but I love Cairo

Sofitel Cairo Nile El gzerah

Nothing at all

So luxurious hotel, overlooking the nile river from all rooms because it was built on an island in the middle of the nile Also the have a pool overlooking the nile ♥️

Best place to stay in Cairo, got everything you need !
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

There is nothing that i don't like about ! Maybe swimming pool can extend their closing hours? Put in to 8pm or 9pm instead of 7pm? Causing coming back from tourist attraction and spending the day out there and wanted to come back enjoy and soak in the pool could be rushed. I came back at 630pm for two days and only got to enjoy 15mins of the pool !

Frankly speaking, i like everything about this property. No doubt about it. Nice swimming pool, gym 24h and spa/massage. Got a saloon if you want to get a haircut and there's a casino located at the 3rd floor and you can spend the night there, instead of going out at night in Cairo could be dangerous. Hotel got everything that you need. Several restaurant serving different kind of cuisine and bars open till 5am. Couldn't be better ! Great job !

Excellent breakfast buffet, great location, wonderful views,...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Service is at times unprofessional. Several times we called room service asking for something and they just didn't show up. We even had to call them to bring toilet paper because there was no extra roll. On the other hand, the cleaners took away a bottle of wine that was still half full. When coming back to pick up luggage after checkout, the security guard chased away the taxi although it was waiting outside for us to come back for less than a minute. At breakfast we had to call the waiters several times to clean the table, then they brought coffee but no cups, etc. etc.

Excellent breakfast buffet, great location, wonderful views, good food (which is rare in Cairo)

A relaxing week in Cairo

The Jacuzzi was too hot

The pleasant staff always there to help. The location was excellent. Close to the museum and down town. The variety of restaurant and food.

• Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

Location Restaurants and other in-home facilities, Moroccan restaurant and Kababgy were two of the most pleasing experiences. Clean room Nice and friendly Staff except a little misunderstanding event during check out. I got a very hot look from one of the receptionists where I had the right to complain about him being reviewing a long list of receipts with a customer without tellers giving me to go to the other line. But the next receptions was a professional and treat me well. Everything was amazing at the end and I am planing to do it once more or maybe once every month.

The location is perfect, the room and the bed really...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The breakfast is good but a little pricey for what it is. Smokers in the lobby area so very uncorfortable for non smokers.

The location is perfect, the room and the bed really confortable. The restaurants are good. The pool is amazing! The staff was overall ok, maybe not the kindest I’ve met. The view from the rooms are also amazing! The room was ready early, which was very convenient for us! Excellent stay!

Friendly staff, stunning views, and probably the best hotel to stay at when in Cairo.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

What an extensive spread for breakfast! I wish I could eat more, but just could not. The breakfast was out of this world, the service even better. The health juices was just an added bonus! Do not miss the breakfast!

The common areas, lobby, restaurants etc

- the room needs update and match the rest of the hotel’s style and quality.

The common areas, lobby, restaurants etc - the food by the Nile . We had dinner in both restaurants and it was very good. Breakfast over rated for 20 euro pp

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Enjoyable breakfast along the nile river
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Besides the restaurants inside the hotel, there wasnt much around.

The view of the nile river is beautiful The breakfast restaurant was along the nile river and was a great place to relax and enjoy the breeze. Breakfast spread was good

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Luxury Room with Club Millesime Access and Full Nile View (3 Adults)

So Spa is expensive: Jacuzzi is 300EGP/person and massage starts at $80. Swimming pool can get very crowded(especially in weekends) because it's slightly small.

The staff was very nice and helpful. Mohamed Abd El Moneam the personal butler service manager is really helpful and joyable. The location of the hotel is unbelievably AMAZING especially if you book a full Nile view room. The Nile view from inside the swimming pool is great. Nice gym(free of charge).

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice 5 Star Hotel in Cairo
    • Superior Room with 1 extra bed

The building is old.

Facility in the hotel is luxury. Room was very comfortable and I could see nile river view in the room. There is 4 restaurants in the hotel and each restaurants has very nice foods and nile view. Location is not bad. You can go Museum of Archeology by 15 min walkings.

Pool and gym are very good, breakfast is super and the staff...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The quite long time taken to solve some issues (like the malfunctioning kettler or additional towels)

Pool and gym are very good, breakfast is super and the staff is very helpful and kind

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

never stay in this hotel for leisure.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The money value is really not good VS other 5 stars hotels in same area and view. Very bad pillows uncomfortable The stuff was extremely bad The room service nooking on door while i was sleeping The room sinks was blocked Operation number zero not answering all the time The french restaurant is extremely bad

The spa stuff & atmosphere was good the pool & Jacuzzi was great hotel view was great the cafe in front of the Nile was good the breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Overall good for a short stay and very good location.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

needs a complete renovation. It isn't clean as expected. The room service people are always looking for a tip as if they don't get paid by the hotel ...

The location is super awesome. The staff were very kind and respectful. The security is on point.

Must Stay @ Cairo, Top Hotel

The hotel is in the heart of Cairo, and golden shape of the Nile river. Hotel is very secure, comfort and convenient to travel anywhere of Cairo. The super amazing is the view of Nile and Cairo... if at the night, it's great to have dinner with beloved at the restaurant attached to the Hotel, build on top of the Nile, it had entertainment as well. super romantic :)

There's Pyramid, there's Nile, and then there's Sofitel in Cairo. Our couple photo says it all.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The receptionists are taking long time for making checkin procedures.

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah is not just a place for you to stay. It's an experience. Really enjoyed from 12th floor with stunning view of the nile river. And ofcourse the the pool is out of this world.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice place but be careful of the reception’s employeesthey will try thier best to steal you
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I have stayed at this hotel couples night one day i came to the reception and asked for upgrading to emprial suite and the guy his name is Amer check the difference and told me it is 270 US dollar i agreed and asked him to come to my room to give him the differnece i gave him 300 US dollar . The next day i downgrade to king nile view . The guy at the reception told me to come down because my booking throw booking.com was until thursday . They have to close my account and do new reservation for the new room . I came down and paid the balance. The open new reservation for the new room . At the same day i came to them at night and i was in hurry because i have a flight and i was late . I was suprised the guy Amer asked me to come to the reception because there are balance under my account when i came to him he asked me i have to be 300 US DOLLAR remaining balance of the emprial suite i told him how , i came this afternoon and paid all my balance he said this what you have i asked him where is ur manager he told me wait i don’t know when will he come i told him i am late my flight will take off he said i can’t do anything . Then i told him i will pay because i am afraid i can’ reach the airport on time but i will contact accor customer support and i am sure they will not be happy for such behavior to represent thier brand . This is why i am contacting you . I need one thing i need to know the total rate of my stay and the total money i have paid for them . In addtion i paid in cash 500 US dollar and the other payment i used my credit card . Thank you and waiting to understand this approch of this guy Amer . Realy real i am very angery and sad of such expereince in your prestigues brand .

Amazing views of Cairo
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

There is a slight cigarette smell in the hallway of our level and the room next door to us was undergoing renovations/repairs so we could smell paint also.

The view from our room was amazing! The pool was great too! The bed is comfy and room is nice and dark at night. Loved it!

I enjoyed all the details in the hotel, clean rooms withe...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I enjoyed all the details in the hotel, clean rooms withe nice views, professional staff caring about the customers, nice facilities available 24 hours

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, very good restaurants
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The staff slow, no muslims facilities..like shtaf No teeth brus, no slippers, they don’t put shampoo until you ask them

Great location, very good restaurants

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I would never go to this hotel again.
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

I would never go to this hotel again.. in the check in they told me to wait for few minutes, and they will come to me at the lobby. The employee came to me 2 times just to trying to sell me the suite, and when I said no, the employee told me ok wait more and I will come to you. I request a time .. but for sure that is thing so hard for them I believe. After 2 hours I went again to reception and ask them when? They said maximum 25 minutes.. without saying, it’s so hard for them to fulfill what they said.. after one hour( total 3 hours) I went to reception to ask for the room, the keys was ready!!! And the same employee who came to me twice to sell me the suite, told me I was looking for you but I didn’t find you!! I was setting in the same place!! Lies and disrespect this my experience from this hotel.

Close to Nile only
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Room is too small, TV not working properly, bad smell inside the room for all my 6 nights, room dining is extremely bad, balcony were dirty. I would say that the large amount i spent there could get me a way better place to stay even little bet away from Nile will be ok. In conclusion, i won’t repeat it

Close to Nile only

Old hotel, great location, unfriendly staff!
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Check in staff were not friendly, didn’t care enough to inform me about hotel facilities, restaurants, how to use WiFi and so. I actually had to ask them about those details. Although I paid for the luxury rooms they tried to use my request for a connecting door to downgrade the rooms. House keeping staff were expecting to get tips every time you see them! Reception is very old and needs innovation. Car parking fees are very expensive, more than 5 times other hotels in Cairo!

Great location with breathtaking view!

N love with location, views, facilities & pool area
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

everything is overpriced, you end up paying as much as you will spend in a luxury 5 star hotel Dubai

location SPA & Pool Area can be considered the best zamalek service is very fast hotel taxi is available at a good price, ask for Samaka he is very polite

View , clean and new furnitures
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

To be frank ( not a 5 stars facility services ) And so does not deserve the value The check in was very bad and the staff not that cooperative, we came 7am from the airport and they asked to come at 11am Then at 11am for the check in they said why u did not start the process from 7am Then they give us the room almost 1.5 -2 h after which was not as expected ( bad view need constructions ) we asked to change but also asked to wait long time I explained all these points to the front disc manager but was not that helpful and at the level of the staff In the Indian restaurant They refused to allow my mother to get in despite that we are her family inside ( said your name not listed !!) The staff was also bad including the main organizer there I expected more from this hotel but unfortunately it was disappointing To be fair there is a bar in the lobby with excellent guys and i did. Not try the other restaurants to evaluate Thank u Sofitel But I’ll not recommend anymore

View , clean and new furnitures The club front disc service person

View , cleanliness
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

In general the service was disappointing Starting from the check in up to the careless of the front disc manager reaching to the Indian restaurant staff If they care more about their staff and management it would be one of my favorite distinction There is huge difference between the club vs regular staff members which should be the baseline of the hotel Really the Indian restaurant is way way behind the expectation specially the staff extremely unprofessional

View , cleanliness

nice hotel to stay and perfect location.
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

some staff need to know how to deal with the guests, as I booked a Nile full view room and even I called the hotel 3 hours prior my arrival but informationally when I reached the hotel they gave me the Nile partial view room without informing me till I reached the room, then I went down to the reception to change the room.

the location ,the room, and the view

i like the view of the room and the pool
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

services , i booked the room with breakfast and they let us pay and say it is booking problem in way of sales, the man who pick the bags after he came he pick other room bags let us wait even that we was waiting 35 min so we take our bags , the breakfast was not so good as i expect it was normal .

i like the view of the room and the pool

• Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (3 Adults)

Not the same room I booked. I booked standards with two beds The room was not as clean as expected Their is a renewvation going on and the disturbance in the morning was annoying The reciption staff was rude

Too much for nothing
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Low value for money, first time to be told i have to pay a minimum charge in one of the hotel restaurants !! Price compared to better hotels around are way too high with much more facilities

Nothing special in fact

Excellent overall.

Service at the Moroccan Restaurant is very bad. While location is great with tables very near the Nile river bank, your enjoyment is spoiled by poor service. No greetings, no waiters will approach you, find your own table if you can.

Very good: breakfast, swimming pool, gym. room/housekeeping, view from the room, pleasant/professional staff at La Casa Mia.

The hotel is well located in the city as it is in a region...
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The hotel is well located in the city as it is in a region of good hotels, restaurants and bars. The pool looks great in the photos, but in reality is quite small for the size of the hotel. Service good, but nothing exceptional. Wonderful breakfast, but you have to pay part of the daily rate. Very good rooms with various facilities.

Overly priced for what you get ...stunning view but it’s not enough to justify the price
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

Management was very slow in making decisions and accommodating my request..took them 1 hour going back and fort to make a simple decision We had to pay for parking which was disappointing

View and cleanliness of the hotel Breakfast buffet was incredible

The breakfast and location
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

The hotel design is so old, also the room curtain didn't fully close so the sun light was all over the room while sleeping

The breakfast and location

The breakfast was superb and I really appreciated the gluten...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The room (on the 3rd floor) was a bit noisy. I am not sure if the music came from the restaurant downstairs or from the party boats.

The breakfast was superb and I really appreciated the gluten free selection. The staff was super friendly and made me feel welcome.

The good and bad.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Rooms slightly dated. English news channels not working. Weird vibrating noises in the evening.

Pool is fantastic and great for toddlers as there is a shallow area.

I liked pretty much everything about this Nike island hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

There’s nothing I didn’t like about the place

I liked pretty much everything about this Nike island hotel. Especially the location and the staff . Very nice friendly genuine and helpful. Especially Hayam, Nouran, Gharm, Esraa, Am Gamal, Houda, Hazim, everyone .

it was a clean and comfortable room.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

1, the reception wasn't really helpful. they told me the rates were only in dollars when i wanted to pay in Egypt pounds, but I saw other guests paid in Egypt pounds. 2, they don't help for taking luggage into the taxi when I was leaving. 3, the room has a door inside, and can clearly hear the noise from next room.

It is a clean hotel, and the view from the room was good. There is a French restaurant and serves a lot of food with nice money. it was nice view and good food. the waiters in that French restaurant were nice, and very good service.

i was there during Ramadan and I had great time.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

i was there during Ramadan and I had great time. The place is extremely clean, staff was very polite and supportive. this is my choice on my next visit to Cairo.

Front of desk were very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View (3 Adults)

Where do I even begin.... Carpet of the floor upstairs smells old and undusted for ages. - I booked a room for 3 pax but were given ammeties for only 2. Called for extra towels and slippers which took another 5 more calls and 4 hours before house keeping brought it to us. They forgotten to bring the slippers which they mentioned they will bring it again later. They never brought it. - I called room service by accident to request for the slippers on Day 2 and was very rudely yelled at over the phone saying this is not house keeping but room service. I called room service again wanting to order food at 5pm which was responded by the same man saying they are busy despite room service being opened 24/7. He said he will call me back which did not happen. Spoke to reception about this and was told they will connect me back to room service so I am able to order food. Was told to lay back and wait for a call. Nobody called frustratingly enough (not surprised)z Location wasn’t that great either walking out takes about 10-15mins. Might as well book Ritz-Carlton. Absolute poor service hotel.

Front of desk were very friendly and helpful. Gym is very well equipped.

Service absolutely dismal (with the exception of one...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Service absolutely dismal (with the exception of one receptionist and the staff at La Palmeraie). Inattentive, rude, unskilled. Shameful for a Sofitel.

Outstanding experience!
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I can't think of anything really.

Our stay at Sofitel was delightful. From the moment we arrived we felt treated like special guests. Our room was bumped up and we were granted access to extra facilities. Moreover, all personnel went out of their way to make sure we were happy and pleased. The facilities are truly 5 stars and we felt pampered throughout our stay. Very happy customers and looking forward to stay again should we return in Cairo.

Hotel charged 200$ on my card on arrival.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Hotel charged 200$ on my card on arrival. Haven´t received that money back yet, but expect Booking.com to support with that. It is, however, a really nice hotel, and I have stayed there quite a few times.

The Staff were so helpful, Breakfast amazing and delicious,...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Too much mosquito at the pool and, in Room, some remarkable dust on the back head of the bed.

The Staff were so helpful, Breakfast amazing and delicious, Location is very good.

fine
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

the reception staff were not so friendly, never smile at all and so serious and attention like they force to do it their job, payment process was strange pay full in advanced + 100USD as insurance. bad experience with reception staff, payment process.

Breakfast, room view.

A wonderful holiday on the Nile.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

I was disappointed at checkout that the hotel was so much more expensive than I had budgeted for. I had not spotted that we would be paying three different taxes on the accommodation price. These added approx. 30% to the cost.

What a haven for the soul. The outdoor eating area was an oasis of verdant palms, banana plants and many exotic species of plant. The pool was a landscaping masterpiece.Food at breakfast was delicious with such an amount of delicious drinks, breads, cold plates and hot food. The staff were helpful at all times.

The view of the nile is amazing, the staff at the reception...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The view of the nile is amazing, the staff at the reception were very friendly, cooperative and so helpful especially merna, she is really nice. Thanks for the amazing stay 😊

The location was great with awesome views.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

This is probably true if most properties in Egypt but it’s hard to get away from smoking areas.

The location was great with awesome views. Beds were really comfortable.

Great Location, food and comfortable stay.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The flies are so annoying in the outside area of the restaurant. No body seems to be doing something about it. I am not sure if this is all year around.

The cafes and restaurants by the river. The food is amazing and the music is great. The staff are great too and very helpful. The women bakers make the best bread ever.

Beautiful hotel in a great part of the city. Pay for it though.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

You pay for how high the quality of everything is. In Cairo where most hotels are half the price or more of the Sofitel it can feel as if the relative value isn't necessarily met.

Beautiful hotel. Wonderful views. Incredible restaurants in the lobby. Located in the heart of Zamalek, tons to do within walking distance.

Good enough
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Staff: some have no business being in the service industry. (1 guy in specific) The rooms are too close together, not very modern They need a better deal for valet parking, 200 EGP per day is insane.

The location and view are great... the staff, some are amazing. Breakfast offer is great

Great Location and a beatiful hotel
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

There is not any USB in the room

The great location The facilities The staff at the reception were very friendly and cooperative especially Michael and Mirna.

Browse Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah traveller photo gallery