Reviews of Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah 5 stars

3 El Thawra Council St Zamalek, 11518 Cairo, Egypt

#28 of 173 hotels in Cairo

Sofitel Cairo Nile El gzerah

Nothing at all

So luxurious hotel, overlooking the nile river from all rooms because it was built on an island in the middle of the nile Also the have a pool overlooking the nile ♥️

Best place to stay in Cairo, got everything you need !
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

There is nothing that i don't like about ! Maybe swimming pool can extend their closing hours? Put in to 8pm or 9pm instead of 7pm? Causing coming back from tourist attraction and spending the day out there and wanted to come back enjoy and soak in the pool could be rushed. I came back at 630pm for two days and only got to enjoy 15mins of the pool !

Frankly speaking, i like everything about this property. No doubt about it. Nice swimming pool, gym 24h and spa/massage. Got a saloon if you want to get a haircut and there's a casino located at the 3rd floor and you can spend the night there, instead of going out at night in Cairo could be dangerous. Hotel got everything that you need. Several restaurant serving different kind of cuisine and bars open till 5am. Couldn't be better ! Great job !

Excellent breakfast buffet, great location, wonderful views,...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Service is at times unprofessional. Several times we called room service asking for something and they just didn't show up. We even had to call them to bring toilet paper because there was no extra roll. On the other hand, the cleaners took away a bottle of wine that was still half full. When coming back to pick up luggage after checkout, the security guard chased away the taxi although it was waiting outside for us to come back for less than a minute. At breakfast we had to call the waiters several times to clean the table, then they brought coffee but no cups, etc. etc.

Excellent breakfast buffet, great location, wonderful views, good food (which is rare in Cairo)

A relaxing week in Cairo

The Jacuzzi was too hot

The pleasant staff always there to help. The location was excellent. Close to the museum and down town. The variety of restaurant and food.

• Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

Location Restaurants and other in-home facilities, Moroccan restaurant and Kababgy were two of the most pleasing experiences. Clean room Nice and friendly Staff except a little misunderstanding event during check out. I got a very hot look from one of the receptionists where I had the right to complain about him being reviewing a long list of receipts with a customer without tellers giving me to go to the other line. But the next receptions was a professional and treat me well. Everything was amazing at the end and I am planing to do it once more or maybe once every month.

The location is perfect, the room and the bed really...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The breakfast is good but a little pricey for what it is. Smokers in the lobby area so very uncorfortable for non smokers.

The location is perfect, the room and the bed really confortable. The restaurants are good. The pool is amazing! The staff was overall ok, maybe not the kindest I’ve met. The view from the rooms are also amazing! The room was ready early, which was very convenient for us! Excellent stay!

Friendly staff, stunning views, and probably the best hotel to stay at when in Cairo.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

What an extensive spread for breakfast! I wish I could eat more, but just could not. The breakfast was out of this world, the service even better. The health juices was just an added bonus! Do not miss the breakfast!

The common areas, lobby, restaurants etc

- the room needs update and match the rest of the hotel’s style and quality.

The common areas, lobby, restaurants etc - the food by the Nile . We had dinner in both restaurants and it was very good. Breakfast over rated for 20 euro pp

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Enjoyable breakfast along the nile river
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Besides the restaurants inside the hotel, there wasnt much around.

The view of the nile river is beautiful The breakfast restaurant was along the nile river and was a great place to relax and enjoy the breeze. Breakfast spread was good

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Luxury Room with Club Millesime Access and Full Nile View (3 Adults)

So Spa is expensive: Jacuzzi is 300EGP/person and massage starts at $80. Swimming pool can get very crowded(especially in weekends) because it's slightly small.

The staff was very nice and helpful. Mohamed Abd El Moneam the personal butler service manager is really helpful and joyable. The location of the hotel is unbelievably AMAZING especially if you book a full Nile view room. The Nile view from inside the swimming pool is great. Nice gym(free of charge).

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice 5 Star Hotel in Cairo
    • Superior Room with 1 extra bed

The building is old.

Facility in the hotel is luxury. Room was very comfortable and I could see nile river view in the room. There is 4 restaurants in the hotel and each restaurants has very nice foods and nile view. Location is not bad. You can go Museum of Archeology by 15 min walkings.

Pool and gym are very good, breakfast is super and the staff...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The quite long time taken to solve some issues (like the malfunctioning kettler or additional towels)

Pool and gym are very good, breakfast is super and the staff is very helpful and kind

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

never stay in this hotel for leisure.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The money value is really not good VS other 5 stars hotels in same area and view. Very bad pillows uncomfortable The stuff was extremely bad The room service nooking on door while i was sleeping The room sinks was blocked Operation number zero not answering all the time The french restaurant is extremely bad

The spa stuff & atmosphere was good the pool & Jacuzzi was great hotel view was great the cafe in front of the Nile was good the breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Overall good for a short stay and very good location.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

needs a complete renovation. It isn't clean as expected. The room service people are always looking for a tip as if they don't get paid by the hotel ...

The location is super awesome. The staff were very kind and respectful. The security is on point.

Must Stay @ Cairo, Top Hotel

The hotel is in the heart of Cairo, and golden shape of the Nile river. Hotel is very secure, comfort and convenient to travel anywhere of Cairo. The super amazing is the view of Nile and Cairo... if at the night, it's great to have dinner with beloved at the restaurant attached to the Hotel, build on top of the Nile, it had entertainment as well. super romantic :)

There's Pyramid, there's Nile, and then there's Sofitel in Cairo. Our couple photo says it all.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The receptionists are taking long time for making checkin procedures.

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah is not just a place for you to stay. It's an experience. Really enjoyed from 12th floor with stunning view of the nile river. And ofcourse the the pool is out of this world.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice place but be careful of the reception’s employeesthey will try thier best to steal you
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I have stayed at this hotel couples night one day i came to the reception and asked for upgrading to emprial suite and the guy his name is Amer check the difference and told me it is 270 US dollar i agreed and asked him to come to my room to give him the differnece i gave him 300 US dollar . The next day i downgrade to king nile view . The guy at the reception told me to come down because my booking throw booking.com was until thursday . They have to close my account and do new reservation for the new room . I came down and paid the balance. The open new reservation for the new room . At the same day i came to them at night and i was in hurry because i have a flight and i was late . I was suprised the guy Amer asked me to come to the reception because there are balance under my account when i came to him he asked me i have to be 300 US DOLLAR remaining balance of the emprial suite i told him how , i came this afternoon and paid all my balance he said this what you have i asked him where is ur manager he told me wait i don’t know when will he come i told him i am late my flight will take off he said i can’t do anything . Then i told him i will pay because i am afraid i can’ reach the airport on time but i will contact accor customer support and i am sure they will not be happy for such behavior to represent thier brand . This is why i am contacting you . I need one thing i need to know the total rate of my stay and the total money i have paid for them . In addtion i paid in cash 500 US dollar and the other payment i used my credit card . Thank you and waiting to understand this approch of this guy Amer . Realy real i am very angery and sad of such expereince in your prestigues brand .

Amazing views of Cairo
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

There is a slight cigarette smell in the hallway of our level and the room next door to us was undergoing renovations/repairs so we could smell paint also.

The view from our room was amazing! The pool was great too! The bed is comfy and room is nice and dark at night. Loved it!

I enjoyed all the details in the hotel, clean rooms withe...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I enjoyed all the details in the hotel, clean rooms withe nice views, professional staff caring about the customers, nice facilities available 24 hours

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, very good restaurants
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

The staff slow, no muslims facilities..like shtaf No teeth brus, no slippers, they don’t put shampoo until you ask them

Great location, very good restaurants

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I would never go to this hotel again.
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

I would never go to this hotel again.. in the check in they told me to wait for few minutes, and they will come to me at the lobby. The employee came to me 2 times just to trying to sell me the suite, and when I said no, the employee told me ok wait more and I will come to you. I request a time .. but for sure that is thing so hard for them I believe. After 2 hours I went again to reception and ask them when? They said maximum 25 minutes.. without saying, it’s so hard for them to fulfill what they said.. after one hour( total 3 hours) I went to reception to ask for the room, the keys was ready!!! And the same employee who came to me twice to sell me the suite, told me I was looking for you but I didn’t find you!! I was setting in the same place!! Lies and disrespect this my experience from this hotel.

Close to Nile only
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Room is too small, TV not working properly, bad smell inside the room for all my 6 nights, room dining is extremely bad, balcony were dirty. I would say that the large amount i spent there could get me a way better place to stay even little bet away from Nile will be ok. In conclusion, i won’t repeat it

Close to Nile only

Old hotel, great location, unfriendly staff!
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Check in staff were not friendly, didn’t care enough to inform me about hotel facilities, restaurants, how to use WiFi and so. I actually had to ask them about those details. Although I paid for the luxury rooms they tried to use my request for a connecting door to downgrade the rooms. House keeping staff were expecting to get tips every time you see them! Reception is very old and needs innovation. Car parking fees are very expensive, more than 5 times other hotels in Cairo!

Great location with breathtaking view!

N love with location, views, facilities & pool area
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

everything is overpriced, you end up paying as much as you will spend in a luxury 5 star hotel Dubai

location SPA & Pool Area can be considered the best zamalek service is very fast hotel taxi is available at a good price, ask for Samaka he is very polite

View , clean and new furnitures
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

To be frank ( not a 5 stars facility services ) And so does not deserve the value The check in was very bad and the staff not that cooperative, we came 7am from the airport and they asked to come at 11am Then at 11am for the check in they said why u did not start the process from 7am Then they give us the room almost 1.5 -2 h after which was not as expected ( bad view need constructions ) we asked to change but also asked to wait long time I explained all these points to the front disc manager but was not that helpful and at the level of the staff In the Indian restaurant They refused to allow my mother to get in despite that we are her family inside ( said your name not listed !!) The staff was also bad including the main organizer there I expected more from this hotel but unfortunately it was disappointing To be fair there is a bar in the lobby with excellent guys and i did. Not try the other restaurants to evaluate Thank u Sofitel But I’ll not recommend anymore

View , clean and new furnitures The club front disc service person

View , cleanliness
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

In general the service was disappointing Starting from the check in up to the careless of the front disc manager reaching to the Indian restaurant staff If they care more about their staff and management it would be one of my favorite distinction There is huge difference between the club vs regular staff members which should be the baseline of the hotel Really the Indian restaurant is way way behind the expectation specially the staff extremely unprofessional

View , cleanliness

nice hotel to stay and perfect location.
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

some staff need to know how to deal with the guests, as I booked a Nile full view room and even I called the hotel 3 hours prior my arrival but informationally when I reached the hotel they gave me the Nile partial view room without informing me till I reached the room, then I went down to the reception to change the room.

the location ,the room, and the view

i like the view of the room and the pool
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

services , i booked the room with breakfast and they let us pay and say it is booking problem in way of sales, the man who pick the bags after he came he pick other room bags let us wait even that we was waiting 35 min so we take our bags , the breakfast was not so good as i expect it was normal .

i like the view of the room and the pool

• Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (3 Adults)

Not the same room I booked. I booked standards with two beds The room was not as clean as expected Their is a renewvation going on and the disturbance in the morning was annoying The reciption staff was rude

Too much for nothing
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Low value for money, first time to be told i have to pay a minimum charge in one of the hotel restaurants !! Price compared to better hotels around are way too high with much more facilities

Nothing special in fact

Excellent overall.

Service at the Moroccan Restaurant is very bad. While location is great with tables very near the Nile river bank, your enjoyment is spoiled by poor service. No greetings, no waiters will approach you, find your own table if you can.

Very good: breakfast, swimming pool, gym. room/housekeeping, view from the room, pleasant/professional staff at La Casa Mia.

The hotel is well located in the city as it is in a region...
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The hotel is well located in the city as it is in a region of good hotels, restaurants and bars. The pool looks great in the photos, but in reality is quite small for the size of the hotel. Service good, but nothing exceptional. Wonderful breakfast, but you have to pay part of the daily rate. Very good rooms with various facilities.

Overly priced for what you get ...stunning view but it’s not enough to justify the price
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

Management was very slow in making decisions and accommodating my request..took them 1 hour going back and fort to make a simple decision We had to pay for parking which was disappointing

View and cleanliness of the hotel Breakfast buffet was incredible

The breakfast and location
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

The hotel design is so old, also the room curtain didn't fully close so the sun light was all over the room while sleeping

The breakfast and location

The breakfast was superb and I really appreciated the gluten...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The room (on the 3rd floor) was a bit noisy. I am not sure if the music came from the restaurant downstairs or from the party boats.

The breakfast was superb and I really appreciated the gluten free selection. The staff was super friendly and made me feel welcome.

The good and bad.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Rooms slightly dated. English news channels not working. Weird vibrating noises in the evening.

Pool is fantastic and great for toddlers as there is a shallow area.

I liked pretty much everything about this Nike island hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

There’s nothing I didn’t like about the place

I liked pretty much everything about this Nike island hotel. Especially the location and the staff . Very nice friendly genuine and helpful. Especially Hayam, Nouran, Gharm, Esraa, Am Gamal, Houda, Hazim, everyone .

it was a clean and comfortable room.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

1, the reception wasn't really helpful. they told me the rates were only in dollars when i wanted to pay in Egypt pounds, but I saw other guests paid in Egypt pounds. 2, they don't help for taking luggage into the taxi when I was leaving. 3, the room has a door inside, and can clearly hear the noise from next room.

It is a clean hotel, and the view from the room was good. There is a French restaurant and serves a lot of food with nice money. it was nice view and good food. the waiters in that French restaurant were nice, and very good service.

i was there during Ramadan and I had great time.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

i was there during Ramadan and I had great time. The place is extremely clean, staff was very polite and supportive. this is my choice on my next visit to Cairo.

Front of desk were very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View (3 Adults)

Where do I even begin.... Carpet of the floor upstairs smells old and undusted for ages. - I booked a room for 3 pax but were given ammeties for only 2. Called for extra towels and slippers which took another 5 more calls and 4 hours before house keeping brought it to us. They forgotten to bring the slippers which they mentioned they will bring it again later. They never brought it. - I called room service by accident to request for the slippers on Day 2 and was very rudely yelled at over the phone saying this is not house keeping but room service. I called room service again wanting to order food at 5pm which was responded by the same man saying they are busy despite room service being opened 24/7. He said he will call me back which did not happen. Spoke to reception about this and was told they will connect me back to room service so I am able to order food. Was told to lay back and wait for a call. Nobody called frustratingly enough (not surprised)z Location wasn’t that great either walking out takes about 10-15mins. Might as well book Ritz-Carlton. Absolute poor service hotel.

Front of desk were very friendly and helpful. Gym is very well equipped.

Service absolutely dismal (with the exception of one...
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Service absolutely dismal (with the exception of one receptionist and the staff at La Palmeraie). Inattentive, rude, unskilled. Shameful for a Sofitel.

Outstanding experience!
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I can't think of anything really.

Our stay at Sofitel was delightful. From the moment we arrived we felt treated like special guests. Our room was bumped up and we were granted access to extra facilities. Moreover, all personnel went out of their way to make sure we were happy and pleased. The facilities are truly 5 stars and we felt pampered throughout our stay. Very happy customers and looking forward to stay again should we return in Cairo.

Hotel charged 200$ on my card on arrival.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

Hotel charged 200$ on my card on arrival. Haven´t received that money back yet, but expect Booking.com to support with that. It is, however, a really nice hotel, and I have stayed there quite a few times.

The Staff were so helpful, Breakfast amazing and delicious,...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Too much mosquito at the pool and, in Room, some remarkable dust on the back head of the bed.

The Staff were so helpful, Breakfast amazing and delicious, Location is very good.

fine
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

the reception staff were not so friendly, never smile at all and so serious and attention like they force to do it their job, payment process was strange pay full in advanced + 100USD as insurance. bad experience with reception staff, payment process.

Breakfast, room view.

A wonderful holiday on the Nile.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

I was disappointed at checkout that the hotel was so much more expensive than I had budgeted for. I had not spotted that we would be paying three different taxes on the accommodation price. These added approx. 30% to the cost.

What a haven for the soul. The outdoor eating area was an oasis of verdant palms, banana plants and many exotic species of plant. The pool was a landscaping masterpiece.Food at breakfast was delicious with such an amount of delicious drinks, breads, cold plates and hot food. The staff were helpful at all times.

The view of the nile is amazing, the staff at the reception...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The view of the nile is amazing, the staff at the reception were very friendly, cooperative and so helpful especially merna, she is really nice. Thanks for the amazing stay 😊

The location was great with awesome views.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

This is probably true if most properties in Egypt but it’s hard to get away from smoking areas.

The location was great with awesome views. Beds were really comfortable.

Great Location, food and comfortable stay.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

The flies are so annoying in the outside area of the restaurant. No body seems to be doing something about it. I am not sure if this is all year around.

The cafes and restaurants by the river. The food is amazing and the music is great. The staff are great too and very helpful. The women bakers make the best bread ever.

Beautiful hotel in a great part of the city. Pay for it though.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Nile View

You pay for how high the quality of everything is. In Cairo where most hotels are half the price or more of the Sofitel it can feel as if the relative value isn't necessarily met.

Beautiful hotel. Wonderful views. Incredible restaurants in the lobby. Located in the heart of Zamalek, tons to do within walking distance.

Good enough
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Staff: some have no business being in the service industry. (1 guy in specific) The rooms are too close together, not very modern They need a better deal for valet parking, 200 EGP per day is insane.

The location and view are great... the staff, some are amazing. Breakfast offer is great

Great Location and a beatiful hotel
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

There is not any USB in the room

The great location The facilities The staff at the reception were very friendly and cooperative especially Michael and Mirna.

I liked the view of the nile very much.
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

After staying two nights, I have been asked to pay 200 pounds for parking the car, WITHOUT invoice. This makes the experience poor.

I liked the view of the nile very much.

Helpful and welcoming staff
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

External security entrance Lack of the Sound proofing between the room Breakfast Food limitations in the Club Resturant at the 16th Floor

Helpful and welcoming staff Size of the rooms

Great location on the nile, friendly staff, comfortable bed
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

Check in process took too long, had to change room because of Loud music. Requested higher floor and non smoking room, unfortunately the manager was not helpful. The staff of the Morrocan restaurant is not friendly. Couldn’t open the balcony at night because of insects such as locust and small flies.

Great location on the nile, friendly staff, comfortable bed

Not worth the money total rip off
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Hospitality ,value for money,staff very rude and unfriendly ,have stayed in lots of 5 star hotels in the world ,have never experienced this sort of behaviours.

Beds are very comfy,view is very gd,

Perfect stay with a perfect nile view room
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (3 Adults)

Unfortunately we had no time to try the pool out (but it's our mistake :D ). We just visited it, but the water is good temperature, the area of the pool is luxury.

Perfect stay. It was better than we waited for. There were some bad opinion about the check-in and out but we were totally satisfied, they made it fast and professional. During our stay was my mother 60th birthday and we asked from the hotel for some suprise. They put a small amount rosary to the room and the bathroom for free of charge. We asked for nile view room, we got that. The hotel is clean, up to par, big, the private promenade is beautiful. The restaurants are a bit overpriced, but it's ok. There are a wide range of foods. The pool is perfect. WIFI is strong. We were totally satisfied with the hotel. We would choose it again.

The cleanliness of the hotel was very good.
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

Bedroom: Only the carpet in the bedroom seemed to be not very clean and old, rather fusty. The bathroom especially shower area is rather old and not very clean. At the reception, the receptionists are not very helpful and rather complicated people. When I had an issue with my reservation at the hotel they didn't really make any effort to help me, I had to help myself. Especially when you are travelling alone, this can be very frustrating.

The cleanliness of the hotel was very good. The restaurants are very nice. The staff at the restaurants are very kind and helpful, beautiful people.

Hôtel becomes old needs totale changment and stag to be more gentil with the gusts .
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

All the above Also for booking i think the way must be more simple and clear sepically when you try to réserve more than one room you find your self with several rooms and diffèrent dats ! Plus the reception they are agressive !hoply some one can companseate

The hotel becomes old and not clean everywhere !needs changment of the furniture and decor,and more cleaning of the rooms and even the facade and certain !and balcony furniture !

A lovely stay :)
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

We thought that the food and drink in the hotel was a little too expensive and also the taxi service the hotel provide.

Lovely view of the nile. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and the facilities were good.

I expected more due to price bracket. Kebabgy and Manipuri disappointing. Views of the nile wonderfu
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

many tables reserved at kebebgy, we were forced to sit inside le deck closed due to weather indian restaurant manipuri - food very disappointing and not authentic room tired decor dated corners of carpet very dusty poor choice of tv channels bathroom no bath tub and grouting of shower dirty

excellent moroccan restaurant nice toiletries pool casino

so far so good
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

Well it’s nice hotel in front of the Nile but at night can’t sleep because of the boat in the Nile they but a music and the sound was very loud

You can’t sleep because of the music loud

Great views of the nile, good restaurant kebabgy,
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Staff too busy with many guests, some requests made over the phone totally ignored, hotel carpet dirty

Great views of the nile, good restaurant kebabgy,

great location, average service
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

they should include other charges in the rate quoted in booking. housekeeping staff aren't friendly as they kept knocking room door many times asking if we need the room to be made,starting at 8:00 AM .

location is good and views.

Nice position and good quality restaurants in the hotel
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Breakfast a bit expensive (22$ per person, not included in my room rate), despite very nice one

Nice position and good quality restaurants in the hotel

Location is good
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Worst check out ever ! I travel around 2 weeks a month in average, and this was the worst check out ever. The receptionist was NOT trained well which caused me cancel my additional 4 night reservation. To add insult to injury, the bellman arrived without a trolley despite the fact I specifically asked for one. Consequently he was late in bringing down my luggage by more than 25 minutes which resulted in police asking the driver waiting for me to drive the car away. Another 15 mins of delay. A manager tried to resolve the issue during the aftermath but it was too late. I explained to one of the hotel managers that I remember all the names of the people I dealt with in the hotel starting at check in, bellman, restaurant, cafe, swimming pool, etc. I care about people and I expect the same, at least. I also spend a lot of time and therefore money in the hotel, which didn't earn me a fair treatment ! This ruined the entire experience.

Location is good Hotel facilities although old but in a relatively good shape Several F&B and entertainment outlets

More than perfect
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

I choosed sofetil for my anniverseray and it was the right choice, staff are so respectable and nice i stayed for only one night but actually i did alot of things on it while all of them were amazing and i am totally satisfied meanwhile everything is more than perfect, thanks alot

excellent
    • Luxury King Room with Nile View

when I book, it confirm that the breakfast cost $15. At the property they charged us $22 claiming that the difference is TAX, while the tax is only 14%. this is a violation of the information at booking.com

Ambience and view is great

Incredible views.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Hard bed. Beat up room - could use some paint and deep cleaning. Tiny bathroom with no bathtub (this was a surprise compared with Sofitel rooms in other cities). Room service was good but inconsistent (ordered the same meal twice and it was very different/totally different size).

Incredible views. Wonderful concierge services (helped book a tour w an amazing private guide). Very nice cleaning lady.

I loved the staff hospitality and the location of the hotel
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

Well it’s an old property everything is old, the building the room even the furniture It’s so much overpriced for what can be provided, as you can go to hotels around the same hotel with the same value of money and it will be a way better place The restaurants weather the breakfast, lunch or dinner or the variety of food taste ok for 3 stars hotel BUT it’s not good for 5 stars hotel

I loved the staff hospitality and the location of the hotel

• Luxury Club Room with Nile View

I booked three nights and paid in advance. But after two nights I’ve got to check out for an urgent business obligation in other city. I will come back to CairoI one week later. I negotiated with the front employee to change the three consecutive nights booking to two consecutive nights plus one night of one week later because I already paid three nights charges. The front guy told me that if booking com agreed, they would accept this change by notification from booking. Com. So I pleased booking. Com manager to call the front guy of this hotel. They refused and never acknowledged they made commitment to me. This is first time for my staying this hotel and gave me very bad impression of their front employees. One night charge is nothing but why they lied to me? I am sure that I will never book this hotel and never recommend this hotel to any one.

Fair
    • Luxury Twin Room Full Nile View (2 Adults)

The house keeping cleanning was nt much The furniture is old Towels are so old and recycled alot The beds are not comfort The room is tooo small comparing with other hotels

Nice
    • Superior King Room with Partial Nile View

The staff were very helpful and welcoming when we arrived. They were very polite in and around the hotel as well. However there were not enough chefs working at breakfast so it meant many plates of the food were always low or empty. I also waited for over 20 minutes for waffles at breakfast - I am not sure what chef was doing with them as they were ready but he was not willing to serve them to me or anyone else in the que. Breakfast was not worth £20 per person! The pool was lovely and relaxing however there were many local children who used it as a play pool and were incredibly noisy which spoilt the atmosphere. The Italian restaurant was amazing, food was well presented and tasted excellent.

taxes and extra fees not clear enought
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

very very expencive regarding to the accommodation and services specially rooms is tooo small how come in club floors

taxes and extra fees not clear enought

Great location and outdoor facilities and resturants but you will not be able to sleep at night
    • Luxury Club Room with Nile View

The rooms are not sound proof . you would literally listen to every conversation next door. its even worse when any one would knock your neighbor's door you would think its your door. This was a huge disappointment especially at night. I was not able to sleep without noise this really effected my mood. You will hear the noises from parties down stairs until 6 am. The executive club lounge looks old and needs huge improvement however, staff working there are very nice. Although, I paid for an executive club room the size of the room was very small comparing with other hotels. the bathroom was very small and old. The room cleaning staff would knock the door telling you that they have done this and that just to ask for tips. They would always find an excuse to knock your door and ask for tips. My booking was under my name and paid fully before arrival I had to take a later flight than my friend who went for check in. they caused her a lot of problems where they asked for my passport my credit card picture and a paper where I'm authorizing her to use the room. this thing happened when I was busy at the airport and unable to help despite me talking to them and confirming the info. this caused her to wait for few hours until I was able to provide what they asked for. The spa services are overpriced.

The location of the hotel is the best. they have the best view of the river through the pyramids on higher floors. This the only hotel with restaurants and coffee shops right on the river side. The reception is nice. People serving the breakfast are helpful. reception people are very friendly and nice. Kababgi restaurant on site is very good. Got late checkout for free until 4pm. My view from the balcony was the best.

Browse Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah traveller photo gallery