Reviews of El Wekala Aqua Park Resort 4 stars

Taba Heights, 45214 Taba, Egypt

#4 of 7 hotels in Taba

Great family vacation
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Need to care more about cleaning rooms.

Loved the staff who were very helpful especially Alexander from Guest relations, Shadi and Osama from reception desk , Mohammad from cleaning staff and Chef Abdo from dinning room. Everyday music at night and some nights had singers and dancers. it is connected with what they call “downtown Taba Heights “.

- Very good location with beautiful views,
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception team are polite but they aren’t professional and can’t handle many things, may it was because of the load and stress, so I will give them another chance before deciding.

- Very good location with beautiful views, The surrounding mountains and nature was charming. - Staff were polite and helpful and smiling all the time. - Rooms are clean and comfortable. - We loved the animation team, they’re doing a great effort and making a real good spirit to the place. - The place is huge and you can find shops, restaurants and cafes everywhere. - The place is very live and full of activities, everywhere you walk to will find parties and shows. - Food was good most times. - Hotel and beach pool are clean and nice, aqua park was good too with a very caring team. - El Wekala is a part and the center of group of 4 other hotels: Strand, Sofitel, Bayview and one other I don’t remember the name, You can freely inter that hotel for restaurants or shopping or for walk. - Beach is very clean and charming, under the marine I discovered wonderful reefs with an amazing see life, badly because no one told me I discovered it at my last day. I loved my stay and I already reserved my next visit. Special thanks to Mr. Abdel Fattah at the main restaurant and chief Al Said.

Taba Heights, a Red Sea Rivierra
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi is available only in the lobby. Had I known about the Vodaphone store I wouldmhave brought a second cell phone and purchased a data package. The coffee/tea stations are not available prior to the rigid meal hours. A/C was not turned onmin the lobby, so my WiFi sessions were short. In the dining hall, it appeared that air was circulating but it was not cool.

The staff were very solicitous without being pushy. They arranged for a car to pick me up at the Taba border crossing and also helped arrange a trip to St.Katarine/Mount Sinai. I am a vegetarian and found the food offered very satisfying. There is a big selection of shops (including a Vodaphone outlet) and two ATM machines attached to the hotel compound. There was plenty of hot water whenever I showered. The A/C in the room was fine.

Great value - All Included
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet access only from the Lobby.

Great Value all included . Big surprise ! I stayed in private room for 5 nights. Very very nice place , great food , welcome stuff. The All Included program is very very good ...3 full meals , drinks and all between in a very competitive price. Free shuttle of 3 minutes drive to the beach and back every 30 minutes on time w No problems.

Quite good price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not so clean in rooms and in other facilities. Everyday the same food. Not big choice. Far from sea, you have to use bus.

Quite good price. Pleasant personel.

Terrible place if you like to have at least something good in the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Stuff almost doesn't speak English and not helpful at all 2. Every time you're paying for something, they are overcalculating and you always need to be cautious. 3. We almost missed the diving day because they didn't arrange it properly and they have said they did and everything will be fine. We were just lucky that there were no other tours booked so the diving center managed to arrange. 4. Food is terrible. One of the worst I've ever had in the hotel... 5. Wi-Fi is available only at the reception and it's really slow 6. When I was checking out, they didn't let me have lunch because it's already a checkout. Normally they would give a lunch box but this time they said my friend has asked for two and has taken two with him(he was leaving early morning because had an earlier flight). Even though he didn't ask. He was just given two w/o being asked... Overall terrible impression...

Nothing really... At all...

Wonderfull staying in this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was so wonderfull to get there.. So peacefull, amazing and beautifull place.. Kids like it very much. Food was delicious and staff very friendly. We definetaly go again!

A Music at the beach and pool was too loud.
    • Double or Twin Room

A Music at the beach and pool was too loud. I understand that someone like a music, but there must be respect for the guests who came to listen ocean waves or relax or read a books and not listen local techno ethnic music. Everyday I need to ask staff if they can loose loud music, it, I think it is fine to say twice, but everyday?? i am 30 y.o. I can not imagine to have 50y.o. and hear that style on my vacation. Please change DJ or switch off the music at all, it will make more peacefull atmosphere around the beautiful places such as pool or coral sea. thank you.

Unusual but we liked a lot
    • Double or Twin Room

A pool was opened just on the last day before our leaving. I swam there but it was really cold. The sea was much warmer :). However, kids' pool was warm and our 4 years old daughter enjoyed it. In addition, we found our room keeper rude and strange. He used to come around 9 am. When we told we will leave room in 5 min, he stood and was waiting us to go. Tips are welcomed here. However, staff used to get them in USD and EUR. When we gave the same man 1 Egyptian pound he told us this was not money and after getting 5 pounds did not thank at all. I had not been in Egypt for 6 years. Maybe things change during that time :)

If you come from Eilat, you should know several things. Crossing a boarder you need to pay a fee of aprx. 30 EUR leaving Israel (they accept shekels, USD, EUR). You do not need Egyptian visa coming to Sion region, going to El Wekala Resort. However, you should know that traveling to El Wekala you leave Taba and will need to pay a fee of 120 Egyptian pounds (6 Eur) per person (kids included). The fee must be payed on the way (you will be stopped after 1-2 km from the border) in CASH in EGYPTIAN POUNDS. You will be able to change money in small supermarket or in hotels near the board. El Wakala is one of several hotels built in desert, in separate zone. Therefore, no „real“ Egyptian life, no supermarkets, no local cafes. Based on our previous experience in Egypt, it was a bit strange place but we enjoyed it a lot and we would like to return back. Staff was very polite and pleasant, and hotel has guest relation specialist, who speaks in Russian, English and Arab and is ready to help everyone. A zone is built for tourists. Some souvenirs, food and alcohol shops and cafes are in El Wekala’s zone. However, you could book different food options in Hotel (breakfast, breakfast and dinner (5 USD extra per dinner); breakfast, lunch and dinner; and all included (15 USD per person)). Dinner is very rich and delicious, including fish, beef, chicken, salads, fruits and desserts. Breakfast is also rich, but dishes are the same (if you eat just sausages, you could get bored) but if you like various dishes you could find and select different things. Moreover, we arrived to before NY and participation in New Year party was compulsory per 30 USD, even I did not find this information when I made booking. A place is a very good place if you want to have a rest and to relax. It was really very calm in winter. A place is surrounded by mountains. You could see Saudi Arabia and Jordan and mountains in other side of the sea. You could reach a beach in 25 min. walking.

Hotel El Wekala is an amazing place to spend a relaxing...
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Hotel El Wekala is an amazing place to spend a relaxing vacation The rooms are great and clean, the food is good , the pool is nice , the beach is fantastic and also clean. In restaurant food was very good and testy… and the most important thing ... very friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Wonderful holiday, great staff, excellent food and drink
    • Double or Twin Room

We really liked our holiday at Taba. We stayed at the hotel ,,El Wekala" which was a great choice. Just beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Either the mountains and sea views that was even amazing. The reservation was all inclusive, so there was more than one bar and the service was totally perfect. The food was great; good choice and quality. Lovely large rooms with pretty balconies / terraces. Our Family room was spacious, large bathroom, everything was clean. Room was also convenient with comfy bed. Very beautiful surroundings, specious and not too crowded place. The hotel was 't very modern, but had Egyptian charm. The staff is incredibly amazing, very kind, polite, friendly and helpful. Especially would like to say big THANK YOU for the staff member Ahmed Saad, who was so helpful, warm and kind. We had a lot of fun. It is really nice place that you would love to go back. Thanks a lot!

Nice and quite.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice and quite. I was there in January, obvioysly in low season😁, but if you prefer relaxing vacation, then it is a place to go. Awesome architecture, it is like to live in a palace. The hotel stuff is friendly and ready to help you any time.

Perfect hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Hotel staff 10 points out of 10. Professional, proactive, kind, supportive and perfectly communicating. Always prepared to help and advise. Followed up until doubts/requests were resolved. Restaurant staff-quick, kind supportive and kind. Housekeeping-perfect. Special thanks to Chief front desk manager Mr. Ahmed Saad. He treats each guest with special respect and always trying to do his best in order to satisfy the clients. Also we would like to say huge thank you to Mostafa. He is experienced, quick, kind and super supportive. 2. Location-perfect. Best in Taba Heights, because of shops and restaurants street around the hotel. Pharmacy, bank, supermarket, beauty salon and ATM is also there. Beach is 5 min away if you use shuttle bus. Shuttle bus arrived at time. Beach is clean, great place for snorkeling. 3. Pools-not yet opened, but we were allowed to stay all day in Strand 5 stars hotel. They have three big pools. Strand Hotel is located on the beach. Which was very convenient. We were allowed to use all inclusive deal for lunch, take free drinks and beverages until the late evening. Both in the beach bar (until 5PM and in the hotel bar (10 PM). 4. Food-tasty, various served by professional, kind waiters. 5. Weather was perfect (around 25C) except 3 days, when it dropped to 17-19 C. But that was not a problem at all, as we used these days for hiking and traveling.

It was worh it.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The wifi was only in the reception. It would be better if thw wifi was also in the room.

The food was really good. Especially the rice :) The stuff was good. The hotel was nice a and the room clean and big enough with nice view.

A pleasant and relaxed stay
    • Double or Twin Room

All in all it was a very pleasant experience. I've seen a lot of hotels around the world (for I'm with diplomatic service) and this was among the best . Maybe it was not the newest one, but it is clean, tidy and cozy. What also should be noted - outstanding ratio of price and quality, trust me - the deal is worth taking if you're not up to posh and glamorous environment. And most important - friendly and helpful staff. My special gratitude goes to the Chief Front Desk Manager Mr. Ahmed Saad - his high professionalism and readiness to assist in practice meant that there were no issues not to be addressed - I had my answers and necessary services in very pleasant and timely manner. So if you're going to stay at this establishment - look for this guy and you will not regret it. Highly likely that I'd choose the same hotel - already recommending it to my colleagues, friends and relatives.

The hotel is lovely, with super friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Getting to and from the hotel is quite tricky.

The hotel is lovely, with super friendly staff. The breakfast was delicious and there is a shuttle bus taking you to the beach.

Many common comforts elsewhere should not be taken for granted. Expect little, then be pleased.
    • Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was not available during our stay, without any advanced warning--bummer!! Unlike in beautiful pictures. Also, no jacuzzi/spa. All outdoor pools in area had only cold water; none heated. WiFi Internet should be in every room. Instead, only sporadically available in uncomfortable, non-private lobby, and slow when finally works, between long breaks. Expect to be cut off during stay. Expect mosquitoes. Lost nights of sleep defending from them, still was bitten and ichy. Opened balcony for nice views (no screen doors). No tea/coffee generally available outside paid meals. Not even water in rooms! No kettle to make own tea, either. Only a tiny fridge. No microwave, which would also have been hugely useful. Charging electronics/phones/shavers/laptops is futile when leaving room, as power is cut off without key card present.

Attempt at friendly service. Not begging for tips at every corner.

it's not woth it the money !
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

first of all we book a triple room and we found out that hotel has only double/twins room with EXTRABED wich is small and low like a chil bed and made me angry paying for a triple and to get a double with extra bed !The food is limited and poor quality and the drinks the same ! For all inclusive the drinks stop at 10 pm and when we asked a beer at 9:56 they gave us beer with sprite 😐! The pool was closed ( they offer shutle bus to other hotel pool) ! When we getto the beach at 5 pm the bar for all inclusive questswas closed hardly we receive some half glasses of beer ( poor english )! Most important transfer from hotel to border veryyyy expensive 25$ for 17 km that normal cost by taxi 4$ in other places ! This hotel "is ok" (if u are ficed by this ) only if u have no option to sleep somewhere near the border

i can not say tor sure was something i really like it

perfectly relaxing place.
    • Double or Twin Room

My reservation said that the room comes with a balcony but despite the hotel being half empty they tried to place me in a room without it. After my protests they found me one with a balcony though. The pool was not opened because of installation of slides. We were directed to a somewhat distant hotel instead. There is always the same menu for breakfast. No matjes herring, no olive oil.

Striking kinda South Spain/North Africa architecture. Friendly and helpful staff. Aesthetic interior design.

Nice breakfast! Nice room and nice services.

N.a.

After 25 train and bus from Luxor to taba , I’m just simply book the cheapest room on the booking.com. When I entered to the room it’s over my monies value . What I can said it’s you want to spent few days to rest , here is the best choice . And the manager is awesome he can answered all my question . And I was stay 2 nights here .plus the shower is so good .

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Nice resort but Wi-Fi and some staff drive the experience downwards considerably
    • Double or Twin Room

There are many hidden taxes which increase the total booking price by 30% on your arrival. The owner refused to provide a small bottle of water even it is in the manual cause it was reserved for 'all inclusive' guests. No Wi-Fi in the rooms whilst at the reception extremely slow sometimes unusuable. They don't allow late check-out even by one hour and even when the hotel is empty, i had to haggle to get a short extension.

The resort is nice and plesant in a scenic area, rooms sport an Arab rustic enterieur. Breakfast and dinner are very good with very fresh ingredients.

Taba Heights is in nowhere.
    • Double or Twin Room

connection to the beach and public transport to the village. Taba Heights is in nowhere.

Staff in reception was useless Staff in restaurant was nice and helpful.

Lovely hotel complex few minutes away from the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi only worked at reception and not always well.

Lovely hotel complex few minutes away from the beach. The staff was all extremely nice, gave us free bottled water and were respectful. The beach minibus was almost always on time. Breakfasts and dinners were pretty good and there was always something to choose from. Very quiet in this time year which I didn't mind at all. And you can't beat the price.

For the price acceptable custody
    • Double or Twin Room

expensive to go there, nearly only taxi is possible unclear information at the reception e.g. events, buses, diving shuttle buses did come and go when they wanted, but nice and helpful drivers, so finally acceptable pool did not work low season with nearly empty hotel , makes a strange feeling

the architecture food acceptable, helpful staff in restaurant

Great value
    • Double or Twin Room

Special hotel design,special team,special location,your dreams become true,and we could use also sister hotel sofitel,beach,bar...the best breakfast kafe in taba.they even made a birthdays party for my friend

We will come back
    • Double or Twin Room

Access to the internet - weak and only WiFi at the reception, some problems with the smell in the toilet

Very friendly staff, beautiful view from the hotel, oriental style with the nice patio, good meals, nice sandy beach and good diving club

I would always choose El Wekala over the other nearby beach resorts
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the breakfast was of reasonable quality and we never had any problem making a choice to our taste, but still it could use some improvement. The prices at the resort shops and restaurants are just outrageous! Half a mile westward from the hotel is a small neighborhood, where hotel workers live - there you find a supermarket with regular Egyptian prices (3-4 times lower than in the resort).

The value/money ratio is outstanding! BIG, spacious rooms, very comfortable beds, nice big bathrooms, amazing staff! We did not expect too much (just a reasonable quality), but we got a lot more than expected. The slight distance to the beach is not a problem at all! We've seen lots of amazing snorkeling site around the world and did not expect Taba to be of any particular interest. Still, we found it quite interesting and saw awesome stuff there!

Bad experience
    • Double or Twin Room

Food was terrible, room old furniture, staff were unfriendly, very few staff to help, hotel was not clean overall , food not clean, no variety of food, no cold drinks available, even no proper cups to have drinks in the restrraunt,, no services are available on the sea bar, and very few services are available on the pool bar, and over all it was not a good experience and I do not recommend it for any one.

Pool and view

Huge apartment with two rooms and a terrace, huge and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Got scammed for 60$ trying to order a taxi in the hotel. The hotel is quite far from the beach, the border, Taba, so there's nowhere to go and hard to leave. Poor breakfast included.

Huge apartment with two rooms and a terrace, huge and well-kept territory, large pool. Nice and quiet beach (you have to take a free shuttle there and back).

breakfast was great and hotel location, clean were good too

when arrived to the hotel they couldn't find my booking and had to wait till the reservation manager come to hotel at his shift, after time passed he didn't come and they didn't have internet access to check my booking so i had to book again through the hotel directly, no wifi all week stayed there and finally receptionist told me its because my phone is secured my wifi wont work which is none sense, part of the

breakfast was great and hotel location, clean were good too

Pleasant, relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some little things need better maintenance such as the ventilator in the bathroom that was not operational and the TV was from the Middle Ages (but working OK).

The resort is architecturally/aesthetically very pleasing and harmonizes with the environment. Beautiful room, nice swimming pool. Very friendly staff. And the price is very attractive.

Good place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff needs to be more trained, althought breakfast was scheduled at 7 am, I went at 7:15 and found the resturant still closed and no one knows why. The receptionist left his place to look for someone to open the resturant up for me.

Location,Pool and Beach were very good. Food was marvellous

Great environment of hotel, water recreation and shops
    • Double or Twin Room

There were hardly any visitors due to travel alerts. The fantastic golf course did no longer exist due to flash floods a few years ago and no renovation had been undertaken due to the low number of guests.

Great environment of hotel, water recreation and shops

Great location with bad staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Food is too basic and taste was very bad. front desk workers are far away from being professional.

The Buildings of the hotel and the location are great

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

An amazing place to stay at an affordable price
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

1- The food quality was about average 2- The beach is not sandy and has lots of stones 3- You have to wait for shuttle bus in order to go to the beach

1- The room is spacious 2- The amazing view of sea and Mountains 3- Surrounded by Cafés and restaurants

a vacation in paradise

Almost none

El Wekala is just the perfect place to enjoy your vacation and to relax your mind. I can not think of any other better place or vacation i've ever had.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Go to Egypt. It's truly amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful place. Very kind and helpful staff. I hope to come back soon. The transfer from Israeli border was smooth and cheap. Everything was perfect. We used Waterworld for scuba diving and they also were very professional and perfect. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Lovely Location & Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The appalling music blasted out around the pool by the animation team that don't know how to behave when someone asks them, the only person at the pool at that moment, to switch it off. It became mega stressful.

Beautiful setting. Great facilities.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Luxury in the Desert & Solitude
    • Double or Twin Room

The awful music played by animation at the pool. The awful over the top pop music and jazz played in the lobby and restaurant but they turned it off when I asked.

Amazing location. Beautifully renovated. Great view. Easy access to their beach and it is really quiet at the moment. There is an entire village there to explore. Imagine having a desert resort to yourself.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Peaceful place in the middle of mountains and sea
    • Double or Twin Room

- wifi works only in the lobby (not all areas as stated), but is free of charge - there is not much to do around

+ the outside pool is heated + there is free shuttle bus all day long, which takes you to the two 5* beach hotels (Sofitel, Strand), where you can go on the beach and do some snorkelling + wifi was free (no charge) + clean beaches + you can play billiard, ping pong in the resort

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

the 1st time go to taba and the last time
    • Double or Twin Room

-the pool not heated well -the room is dirty -the restaurant is very poor -there's no room service or house keeping (no body cleaned our room before chick in ) and no one came to us when w call the reception to ask about something

the cover of the bed is so bad

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Needs to renovate and redecorate the place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs to renovate and redecorate the place. Old rooms , old towels and bad toilets

Staff not carefull with handling the food.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff not carefull with handling the food. Very dirty. They don't understand english. Poor organization.

Had a great time and the kids didn’t want to leave
    • Duplex Triple Family Room

Wonderful place for families with children. Everyone at the hotel was amazingly friendly and extremely helpful.

Food was good, resort is big, clean and nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi just in the lobby and weak. Receptionist not really helpful concerning getting out (taxi etc)

Food was good, resort is big, clean and nice.

Aqua and staff cooperation
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

food food food food food

Aqua and staff cooperation

Food

Food

Fair
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The hotel atmosphere not as we expected

The best hotel in Taba

Top service from the hotel

They charged us more. The location is too far from the sea and not on the red sea as advertised

Staff

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, great food, nice beach,...

Very friendly and helpful staff, great food, nice beach, nice place

Good price, normal food you can find what to eat any choice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was cold. Many staff doesn’t speak English.

Quiet hotel for family stay. Good managers, try to make better your stay.

Staff are very friendly.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Staff are very friendly. Place is comfortable.

Very pleasant stay in El Wekala
    • Double or Twin Room

Weak wifi. Too loud in some moments.

Greetings to Alex and Ahmed from reception. Very positive, friendly and helpful people.

Just wonderful

Just wonderful

Food, views, staff

Food, views, staff

Good hotel. friendly staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff. good value for what you pay. i sayed one night. Tasty food cleen hotel.

Loved it 👍
    • Double or Twin Room

If everybody could speak english, thatd be great

Good breakfast, extremely nice staff, with one notable exeption.

excellent staff, nice rooms .... bad food

The food was terrible

Staff members and the view

• Double or Twin Room

Quality of food was so poor

Cheap nothing else
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff are lazy not cooperative regualr deyals in serving food

Pool

very good
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice place, good service.

Crowd

Nice trip and staff

Food is very bad

Staff helpful and friendly

Helpful stuff, great location, Long Beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

Helpful stuff, great location, Long Beach.

Good vole for money

Food the bad

Good vole for money

Good value for money

Good value for money

very nice place
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing, every thing was perfect for me

every thing was great

wonderful stay, very nice and helpful staff
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

transportation to and from the beach was problematic. The shuttle did not work as promised

Pleasant and peaceful
    • Double or Twin Room

There wass a lack of info as far as getting to the beach, towels, and facilities.

Staff was freindly and personable. A beautiful view and comfy bed.

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

No near airport

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

very nice place with good price

food not tasty

big rooms and nice swimming pool

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The food is below average and the beach is very rocky.
    • Double or Twin Room

The food is below average and the beach is very rocky.

Browse El Wekala Aqua Park Resort traveller photo gallery