Reviews of Hilton Cairo Heliopolis Hotel 5 stars

Uruba Street, Heliopolis, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt

#36 of 173 hotels in Cairo

The bed was very comfortable
    • Twin Cabana with Pool View

The cabana room was very dirty with insects and ants on the bed, when I complained they politely apologized and upgraded me to a suite, but the air conditioning was not working in the living area, the tv and telephone were not working, the bathroom lacked the glass cups so I didn’t know where to put the toothbrushes. It was very unpleasant and unprofessional

The bed was very comfortable

The managment is very poor...Laundery demaged my wife's wedding dress..be careful on hotel policy..they will not cover any demage ..lost or anything done by their staff !!! Typical Egyptian Hilton..

Nothing...smelly carpets in the rooms

Pleasant stay at a great location if you're there for business.
    • King Cabana with Pool View

The breakfast was OK, quite a lot of choice if you love warm breakfast. for the cold breakfast lovers it was doable.

Great location close to the airport. The staff was great, and they were very helpful with arranging anything you need. Arriving at Cairo airport, they arranged a service (free of charge) to smoothen the immigration part. This can take a long time normally, but with this service you're through in no time! I think it comes with the booking of the shuttle bus to the hotel (10 USD)

Too many security at hotel, armed(they shouldn’t have visible weapons)as it cause discomfort to others.somehow overpriced

Amazing service ,cleanelness,comfort,plenty of restaurants

Perfect stay
    • King Room with Patio and Pool View

I love everything about them very nice place and the service is just perfect. The workers are very loving and caring. They have time for human. My God bless every one there at Hilton Cairo.

Great hotel, great location, clean and comfortable.

I travel a lot and I have "buffet type" food. Went out and bought myself a burger and chips for dinner and hotel security would not allow me to take the food into the hotel for me to consume in my room! Poor service there.

Great hotel, great location, clean and comfortable. Staff had a great can do attitude

Nothing , nothing , nothing.

The most important thing that you need when you book a room is the card access key, this poor hotel didn’t provide that to me, so every time when i need to go to my room, i have to go down to the front desk and for someone who has a master key to get me in my room. Also, this poor hotel has a 5 stars rate, if you ask me to rate this hotel i would give it 0 compared to other 5 stars hotels

Nothing , nothing , nothing.

Great hotel with proper restaurants, far from the traffic craze.

Braised tuna salad was removed from the menu of the Italian restaurant. I was heartbroken. In all honesty now - all was good, and I'll keep coming back.

Stayed here before as a Fairmont hotel. It was very positive to see that everything that was good was kept as Hilton took over. Breakfast was plentiful. Sympathetic personnel. Will stay again.

The tower reception and hall area was nice.
    • Twin Guest Room

Very expensive for what you get the room was very old and tired. then we paid more and moved to the tower which was much better but still a bit tired too. I wish the tip business could stop ,,,, most of staff at entrance are pushing hard to get some money from you, I understand that they are paid too less and that helping out is good thing but its annoying to go through it during you entire stay. I only recommend the tower.

The tower reception and hall area was nice. Staff at receptions are nice. the overall atmosphere of the tower lobby is great specially the music.

Good hotel for buissnes staying.
    • Standard Garden View

They wanted to charge my colegue for my breakfast when it was already paid. The same situation was during check out. It was really unprofessional.

I like restaurants, few for choosing and bar.

The hotel is not up to its claimed standards
    • Standard Garden View

They didn't reply to my email when I needed to change the room. I was not given the room described in my reservation. They didn't provide regular provisions of soap and champoo. The rooms need some rehabilitation.

Breakfast and health center.

A short business trip which was very efficient and very comfortable. Next time I will stay longer!
    • Standard Garden View

I left my mobile phone at home and therefore had some difficulties in making contact on arrival with work colleagues. The Concierges were extremely helpful and worked hard to help me. Thanks a million!

For the area it's the best for me and my needs
    • Standard Garden View

The "Vultures" waiting to take. 500$ for a 5 day stay as a deposit for consumption!!! Even though I pay cash for any drinks / meals taken in the hotel. The last time it took 6 weeks for the deposit to be refunded! The Resturant Marilyn's - Rubbish ! Food not good ~ cold! Eating with plastic knives & forks!!

I have stayed at this hotel for >25 years! Since it was a Sheraton Hotel! Hence in know it's good points and reason for coming back.

I expect a 5 star hotel to have a more professional staff.
    • Standard Garden View

I expect a 5 star hotel to have a more professional staff. The concierge wasn't professional enough via phone and the shuttle driver to the airport asked for a tip.

Very nice hotel which I normally stay few years ago, now...
    • King Pool View Room- Non Smoking

Very nice hotel which I normally stay few years ago, now it's been remodel, professional staff, quite hotel, very nice huge lobby (actually connected with Fairmont towers lobby). So many restaurants located in the lobby, Italian, Mexican, Lebanese, Sushi, Japanese, Indian and others. Nice and fair size rooms, clean, nice location. Price is high comparing to many but worth it. Highly Recommended.

Super comfy bed
    • King Pool View Room- Non Smoking

surroundings need refurbishing compared to the new wing which is fantastic

Super comfy bed good breakfast good pool and gym and spa facilities Great restaurants inside

Soccer worldcup party were very unconfortable
    • King Pool View Room- Non Smoking

My Stay was hampered by the world cup party with the egyptian soccer team. They even came to the Spa on Thursday evening pushing people out

room eas quite this time

• King Room - Non Smoking

I like the whole experinece , the staff are friendly , the food also was delicious and their is a enough variety of restaurants, and like also the nespresso machine inside the room

very good breakfast choice.
    • King Pool View Room- Non Smoking

Cleanliness of the room was average. Dust on the table, around the electric outlets, on the carpet. Loud music near the pool in the evening, until after midnight.

very good breakfast choice. Large selection of restaurants and bars inside the hotel. All staff members were very friendly and helpful.

disappoinment
    • King Room - Non Smoking

rates are very high for this hotel. Breakfast is poor and variety is limited. And everything is for local guests. The hotel sells the room just because of Fairmont name. Other than hotel name everything is local not international.. Bad experience starts at the gate with security. They are too rude. Entering to hotel likes entering to governmental office. And checkin / checkout takes too long and staffs should be trained well.

There too much option for dining in the hotel because of set 12 different restaurants and cafeterias.

Wide selection of restaurants and services in the hotel.
    • Twin Room - Non Smoking

At check-in I asked for debiting the cost in local currency and I was told this is not possible for foreigners. In the next days I paid all restaurants in the hotel by the same credit card and local currency was debited.........????? At check-out I was asked to pay 8 Egyptian pounds for a phone call from my room I didn't do. Even if I explained that, they insisted they registered the phone call and the number.....Manager on Duty cancelled that but it is a matter of principle.....a customer will never lay for 8 Egyptian pounds equivalent to less than 50 Euro cent.

Wide selection of restaurants and services in the hotel.

Will definitely think about other hotel next time
    • Twin Pool View Room- Smoking

Very busy hotel accordingly leads to discomfort .. specially that they have wedding parties every day which I personally experienced & couldn't sleep because of pre-party at the pool .. children everywhere specially in the weekends, so if you are going to relax; Fairmont Heliopolis is the wrong answer.

Location is good

Business Trip Cairo - July 2017
    • King Room - Non Smoking

They do not provide Espresso coffee maker to all rooms, and despite the fact that there was available room, I was only given the option after I complaint.

Ridiculous rules
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Had a buffet meal and there was a bottle of water on our table in addition to two juices. We assumed that they we're included and we're shocked to find that the water not the drinks were extra! The charge was 100 Egyptian pounds which was extortionate. There is also no free parking at this hotel and your guests are charged 300 Egyptian pounds to sit by the pool or in the garden with you in addition to having to order food and or drinks. Not ideal if you are meeting for business or just catching up with a friend or two.

The staff were very friendly and attentive when you walked in.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

We stayed 3 days in this beautiful hotel, the best thing was...
    • Twin Room - Non Smoking

We stayed 3 days in this beautiful hotel, the best thing was the breakfast, very good buffet and excellent staff, Emad first of all,he is very polite and pleasant, thanks a lot!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Awesome hotel and quite comfortable and clean!
    • King Pool View Room- Non Smoking

It's about time to ban smoking in the lobby as it's a big turn off for me! All hotels in the world have a smoking free lobbies and they add a signature scent which is very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

We liked the hotel very much, we liked the cooperation and...
    • Twin Room - Smoking

We didn't like the possible food poisoning we had gotten 😔 And it's location which is little far from the city centre.

We liked the hotel very much, we liked the cooperation and services offered by the staff and room service.

Not well renovated Hotel.
    • Twin Room - Non Smoking

The bed is not comfy at all... But i always go to bed very exhausted .... The breakfast could be better, with more varieties. The Italian restaurant is that professional. The old part of the hotel not well renovated.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The front office team was aggressive , I made check in at...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The front office team was aggressive , I made check in at 11:00 PM and I asked for late check out even up to 2:00 PM but they refuse and insist for 12 :00 and they will not allow for any delay

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The perfect hotel to stop over in Cairo between flights
    • Twin Garden View- Non Smoking

Spa and gym. Very small, dark and old. Not in pace with the rest.

Big rooms, clean, safety, close to the airport, best hotel for stop overs, great food and service.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Very helpful and comfortable stay - with the best pillows I've ever slept on!
    • Standard Room

Wifi dropped out a lot, which was unfortunate. One of the pools was out of use, and the other closed at 6pm, which didn't leave much time at the end of a business day.

Service good.... they even fashioned me a lock for my suitcase, when mine broke 10 mins before departure! Great selection of eateries. Good to have a Nespresso machine for good coffee. :)

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Comfortable rooms though I was staying at a tiny one with a...
    • Standard Room

outdated lobby and exterior , not walking distance to any place whatsoever, except the Fairmont Tower Hotel that is an extension to this hotel .

Comfortable rooms though I was staying at a tiny one with a backyard view , excellent hair salon , dining choices, near the airport. Receptionist Teresa very friendly , God bless .

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

pleasant stay.
    • Standard Room

The location is Great, away from downtown Cairo with all the traffic. lovely lobby and wide variety of restaurants. my flight got delayed and hotel allowed me to stay late. great place to schedule meetings.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

3rd time at Fairmont
    • Standard Room

Noizy room, could hear the compressors outside all day long, especially annoying during the night and in the morning

Friendly staff, free internet, nice bed

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Old analogue air conditioning control inside the room.
    • Standard Room

Old analogue air conditioning control inside the room. therefore, unable to control room temperature. Air conditioning was giving cold air even when set to give hot air.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Need renew
    • Patio Room

The hotel needs to renew all the facilities in addition to the alert on all staff not to ask for bribes and gratuiti

Multiple international restaurants

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Its near to the airport and the bus will take you free to...
    • Standard Room

I received 2 calls from how i dent know, when i was trying to sleep it was anoying and i had to call the Manager to deconnect the phone so i can sleep, but I couldn't go back to sleep till after midnight

Its near to the airport and the bus will take you free to the airport

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Please help to improve as what i had mentioned you above!
    • Standard Room

1) Room table light was a tiny small LED lamp bulb with extremely poor light source! I'm not the one who complaint this issue!!! 2) Kind of disturbing from hotel room cleaner while i'm having shower! 3) No slipper and no bathrobe after checked in my room! 4) Very noisy inside my room during my stay because closed to the pool while other guests having their party there! 5) Unreasonable exchange rate charged by hotel during my checked out!

1) I liked the KING SIZE BED and PILLOWS! 2) I liked the quality of TOWELS!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I liked the staff and how they are active most of the time .
    • Standard Room

The housekeeping not came to clean my room tell I call them ,, and it happened with me not once but twice ... I was so disappointed about that ,,,

I liked the staff and how they are active most of the time ..

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

The service from all staff I encountered including...
    • Standard Room

The service from all staff I encountered including restaurants, pool, reception etc. was exceptional and probably the best I have experienced anywhere in the world.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

d
    • Standard Room

We faced a major attitude problem with the night managers and they were extremely rude. The shower water wouldn't run on the second day of our stay. The restrooms near the ballroom were all closed, except for the disabled stall and yet it was not clean at all.

The rooms were clean, the shower was well-supplied and house keeping were very prompt in answering all our requests.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Perfect place to stay in ...
    • Standard Room

One day I went to reception to ask for if there is a dactor in the hotel ... and he said to me ... go to another desk to ask about this !!! And all what he can do is to call his colleagues to ask but he did not ... this was the only thing I was so angry about it ....

Everything went smoothly and I do really like it ... for sure I will book it again and again ...

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Room

Again Darts stuff (except barman Essam Khaled) with very rude manager. Nothing belongs to the hotel itself.

Good location Clean room Excellent front desk ( specially Samia ), room service, house keeping, bell-desk and health club stuff. Always the best choice in cairo

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Exceptional and i will repeat it again.
    • Standard Room

Wifi was little bit slow Darts (English pub) stuff was not friendly and unorganized to some extent.

Very very friendly reception stuff specially a girl called Samia (i'm not sure if it's right name or not) she was very friendly, decent and polite. Clean room Excellent room service and house keeping with very friendly and polite stuff in both specially the lady who was answering the phone for in room dining. Nice location. I was willing to write a thanks letter on check out but unfortunately i forgot.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Were given a room very far from elevator.
    • Standard Room

Were given a room very far from elevator. Room is quite small compared to other hotel rooms in cairo. Breakfast ok, but a luxury hotel should have a nicer breakfast.

Very disappointed as i found the rate at the hotel cheaper...
    • Twin Cabana with Pool View

Very disappointed as i found the rate at the hotel cheaper than the price I get here

Some of the staff need to be more professional

Some of the staff is really kind

Very well staff.
    • King Guest Room - Mobility Accessible

Very well staff. I especially want to thank to Alaa from the reception. She has answered to all of the requests with favour.

Good experience
    • King Guest Room - Mobility Accessible

Old furniture carpet is old and smelly.

Other than in the top

Nice to beable to find a hotel on short notice close the the airport with a shuttle.
    • King Guest Room - Mobility Accessible

Help me get to and from the museum with a tour guide.

Excellent stop over for airport.

Quality of room and choice of restaurants. Service at check-in excellent and good airport shuttle.

Big alot of restrants

small room

small room

Great value

Location near airport Over a dozen restaurants Good wifi Great staff

It was ok however the water in the room bathroom was off on a daily basis for quite sometime

I liked the lobby atmosphere

I enjoyed my stay.. good value for money

Clean, chic , smells awesome . Many restaurants & cafes varieties .. I loved the service ..rooms are comfy .

Old and tired hotel except for renovated tower area
    • King Guest Room with View

everything

very good hotel

Not bad at all
    • Standard Garden View

The furniture is too old

Location but the acess is lettel pet deficulte

the carpet was very dirty

the carpet was very dirty

breakfast set up

breakfast set up

A must stay
    • Standard Garden View

Clean. Friendly. Food good. Room great.

Locality

very good
    • Standard Garden View

the breakfast is not the same as before

staff and fast response

bed confert

Wonderful

Short stay in Cairo
    • King Room - Non Smoking

A bit pricy for being a non branded hotel

Cleanliness and positive staff attitude

try the tepanyaki!!! lovely!

really great hotel

Short and quick stay

Receiption was very bad. It took us 1.5 hour to Check-in even though we arrived on time.

Room sizes, large lobby

• Heliopolis King Suite - Smoking

My requests were not met. Although I requested a smoking room, but the smoking smell was too much.

Recption customer care and breakfast and the big lobby area

Non/slow response Room service & outdated furniture

Recption customer care and breakfast and the big lobby area

I love Fairmont it feels like home for me :)

Food

I love Fairmont it feels like home for me :)

Browse Hilton Cairo Heliopolis Hotel traveller photo gallery