Reviews of Holidays Express Hotel 4 stars

5.3

4.7

5.5

4.9

The location was ok however the surrounding area is full of...

The checkin was too slow took them 56 mins and even though I requested a queen size bed they tried to push two single beds on me. They decided to give me queen size bed however the room was kinda dinky.

The location was ok however the surrounding area is full of street kids and thugs in the night.

Location nearby
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

The room I stayed in was dirty and no one from room service care for clean All the staff looking for the tips no matter how you satisfied they were looking for money only

Location nearby

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The only good thing in this hotel is the location.

My experience with this hotel is very bad from day 1 I waited 2 hours to check in to my room ... Because they dont have internet connection and they were not able to check the reservations !!!! The reception staff look disgusted and prefer not to talk with you .. each one of them will ask you to talk to the other person .. This hotel failed to afford me a towel during my 10 days stay ... Laundry service is very bad and always late. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone ...

The only good thing in this hotel is the location...

It was absolutely not a 4 stars hotel, it was there very...
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

It was absolutely not a 4 stars hotel, it was there very dirty. On the site the price was 25 $ and they let me pay 44 $. I will never go to this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

-The location
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

When I arrived they said that although there is a reservation, they don't have available rooms, so we waited for so long time to find rooms. However, the air condition wasn't work in one of our rooms, they took hours to find another one. It was really bad experience😐

-The location -the breakfast was good - the rooms were clean

The location was okay and the staff was helpful to an extent

The furniture was disgusting, had stains on the bed, had insects and dust on the floor, no fridge, no wifi, overbooked rooms.

The location was okay and the staff was helpful to an extent

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

First of all I get the room untidy and when I called the reception for room service no-one came and I called for 5 or 6 times till I had to get the room service by myself The floor wasn't clean The bed unorganized

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

When we arrived we found the room dirty and unorganized and we call the reception and room service for 10 times with no response . Every time we call we get one answer " we will direct someone of customers service your room and nothing happened Nothing is good here. Disappointed hotel and dirty room Bad foods I won't repeat staying here again

Never try it

Staff are not professional Paid internet in 2018 is simply stupid idea .l it is free every where l. Internet was very very very slow They lie .. say we do not have room at the time when I search on booking I found 5 rooms available at the same day .. liers

Oh !! Where do I start ! Nothing was like what I expected . It was a big disappointment, I arrived and my my mistake was I paid in advance , and when I saw what I saw I had no other choices and my stay was already short. The hotel is NOTHING like the pictures, it’s not clean and if you managed to see the room service cleaning your room you’ll even be more disgusted. Room service was about making beds and swiping the bathroom floor and stacking new (not so fresh) towels. I booked a room and I received something different. During my 5 days stay I changed rooms three times!! WiFi is poor, tv screen is very small, smell in hallway isn’t pleasant. One of the staff called sherif was trying to be helpful by changing rooms and being very friendly , but the cleanliness was the same! One day I lifted one of the room’s coffee mugs and I found it previously used! Last but not least the value of money. And the aforementioned paragraphs would definitely explains why there’s no value of money in this place , AT ALL ! I do not recommend and I wish if Booking.com would be able re-evaluate the star rating of the website list of hotels.

Location is good.
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

If you booked from booking make sure that you will stay in 6th floor or above. From First floor to level 5 the rooms looks different and you will use the services elevator during your stay which is very tight and always busy. Internet is not available and if you are lucky and and connect to wifi speed is useless and you can’t even browse any page. If you complain you will not receive any solution.

Location is good. Staff is friendly but they are not taking action excepting Mr.Sharif

Bad experience
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

It is not clean and it is old building as ther is no renewing for it There is no parking in the hotel and there is a private parking under the hotel and they pretend as they are the parking of the hotel and ther are not and i put my hand on my heart scaring from steeling any thing from my car

Basic hotel with good location
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

I had quite a few problems while there, when I brushed my teeth over the sink the sink filled with water, the card key lock broke and I could not enter the room, I waited for a long time and in the end they had to kick the door in and give me another room. The toilet did not flush properly so I had to use the hose as well. They have an old small lift and on the last day I waited 13 mins because the staff were using it to move bedding and stuff, I was on 12th with a suitcase so I couldn’t use the stairs. I booked in for 3 nights but only stayed for 2 and moved onto the Grand Nile hotel instead. Maybe I was just unlucky but obviously would not go back again.

Central location

The personnel was nice and friendly.

First room was very, very dusty and dirty. After we request another room, we received it, but wasn't big difference.

The personnel was nice and friendly.

In general, it is very suitable for very short stay.
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

I prefer the hotel which has more facilities in the room like free tea, coffee, and water for example.

The location of the hotel is excellent while the services in the room is good. The people working there are very nice and cooperative.

Very very very bad and I'm so disappointed

Very dirty , room service is very poor. No tissue at bathroom or even the room. They need to change the name from hotel to bed and breakfast motel. Staff are not cooperative .the blanket very old and smell horrible.

Honestly I didn't like any thing at the hotel

4 star hotel

When I arrived from the airport after the long travel I went straight to the hotel to check-in and it was 04:00 A.M they said their are no rooms available till 12:00pm and my room I reserved the customer has extended his stay and they told me to sit and wait. An hour later they said a room is ready for you and they took me upstairs to the room. When got in that’s where I got shocked, firstly it was two separate beds and I’m on my honeymoon, secondly the room looks awful it’s worse than a 2 star hotel. I made a complaint and said that’s not what I reserved they said we will change it for you between 10:00 -12:00 and because I was so tiered i just want to sleep so i agreed and refused to pay full amount and I paid for one night. In the morning around 10:30 I went to the reception and because the staff have swapped shifts I explained what happened and that I was promised to move to my reserved room.The said wait half hour while the room gets cleaned. Half hour later they said your room is ready and pay the full amount remaining I said I need to view it first, when I got to the room I expected it to be similar to the pictures I seen online but I was shocked again it’s not a 4 star hotel, it’s worse than 2 star. I refused it and took my baggage’s and decided with my wife to leave and look for another hotel. I went to the reception and told them I’m checking out and leaving and that I’m not happy that asked my I told them I came all the way from uk for a honeymoon and I made a reservation in a 4star hotel and it’s not what I found compared to your pictures online. The said we apologise but the Deluxe rooms are a fully book and your room got extended by the customer. I said I’m leaving and I’m sure I’ll find a good hotel near by and probably cheaper with a good quality rooms. As I was leaving the lady at the reception asked me to wait while she was on the phone when she finishe d her conversation she said I’ve a got a room for you and I’m sure you will like it.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

The car parking announced free, but it’s 50 le a day. No official invoices No hotel info on arrival Payment currency exchange rate

The location. Only the - Paid - parking staff are freindly.

The location.

The announced parking is free. But in fact it’s 50,- LE per day. The hotel recharg a different exchange rate then what is shown at booking during reservation. The hotel apply taxes but no official invoices even when requested.

The location.

The bustle of Cairo on your street with wide selection of chain/local eateries + banks in good area.

Reliable internet. All travellers expect and appreciate it nowadays

Plenty of choice at breakfast and all you want to start the day. Staff friendly, Egyptians are welcoming and genuine. Location is very busy major intersection so traffic noise inevitable. I moved to quieter double. Demand non-smoking if you need to, Egyptians like to smoke! Had value for money twin to myself, water hot, bed fine and always cleaned. TV did not work, no internet in rooms (and only in lobby if you make a bit of fuss), limited fridge choice, but hey, they have complimentary chilled fruit drink fountain in reception so quit moaning! Hotel has elevators for upper floors (11). Hotel & location very safe. Local banks to change money. Good transport links to Cairo centre. One hour minimum transfer time from airport. Expect to be hustled for car with driver daily packages but best way to get around and you can bargain rates down if you have the nerve. This is Cairo after all! Boasts a gym, sauna/massage and steam bath - price by negotiation. On high side, I did not use but did inspect. Looked okay to me.

It was a good hotel staff were friendly.

Location of the hotel.

Hotel was ok. We only stayed there for the night because we had a early flight to london. It was ok really good deal for money. But i could advise people to shop around before they book this hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Is not !

Very badly entertained by all staff, Unfriendly staff All rooms very strongly Stinks to cigarette Very bad breakfast Hotel for sex against money only!!!!

Is not !!!!

Sham on you booking! its not " Holiday" hotel and not 4 stars

its a fraud!! i have booked this hotel on the base its "Holiday Express" but found a local motel inside a building!! and what you mean by 4 stars!! sham on you booking..!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Amazing hotel to stay.

The security officers at the gate are creepy and rude. Except only one of them that apparently knows how to smile.

The location, staff especially the night shift front desk gentleman and the bellman. The room view is amazing and the bed is very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Not too bad
    • Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

The hotel room was OK but the hotel need renovation

The reception people

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

Rooms don't match photos at all Very old furnutires

Location Wifi

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Location only & view

Rooms aren’t clean & there isn’t any shaded parking &

Location only & view

zeft

everything

zeft

The room is dirty and you accommodate the room with no room service I called the reception for room service no-one care to clean it

It is prostitution center

It is prostitution center

one star hotel

renovation and clean

Dirty dated rooms

Not clean

Not clean

Best of the best

The hidden fees specially the taxs

GREAT place to stay

Very Dirty .

Very Dirty .bad hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Poor service, diary room.

Fair

Bad bathroom, no towels, seat shower was broken, no iron No effort from staff to meet your expectations

Location is good

Unfriendly stuff

Unfriendly stuff

Not recommended

Everything is bad

The staff is terrible, not professional at all

The staff is terrible, not professional at all

Poor

It was totally different from pictures on Booking and it doesn't worth 4 stars, also the room not clean.

Make management good and cleaness better room capacity make bigger

When we reached room not ready waiting 2 hours

In good location

Dirty everithing

Dirty everithing

Everything’s and they called me that’s time over at 11:30 am while they know I’m a genius Booking.com customer.

Everything’s

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

Maintenance of the toilet is not acceptable

Location Breakfast

Near to city centre

Every thing not clean , small room, bad food

Every thing not clean , small room, bad food

• Special Offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Foreign residents only

charged us for2 rooms and gave us only one room.

Good staff

Need more clean the bed not good

Good staff

Price per night

Price per night

The lift service is somehow bad.

The lift service is somehow bad..the charge is too excessive for such budget hotel..the check in time take longer than it should be.

Very poor hotel only 2 stars not 4 stas

Nothing good what you see on the phone nothings on the hotel

Nothing good what you see on the phone nothings on the hotel

Very very very bad stay

Everythings

Very terrible

Not clean and bad furnitured

Honeymoon

Mohamed is Frindly at the front office

Only staff are friendly hotel is not clean all the pictures...

I am not happy at all

Only staff are friendly hotel is not clean all the pictures is not the same when we booked from your site

Room Furniture is dirty

The hotel is not meet four stars

Only the hotel location

Never again

Very bad experience , filthy hotel, not as advertised , two star hotel

A Very good hotel .

the place was a bit noisy !

I liked the bed the most it was comfy , food was delicious !

good location,value for money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

strong uncomfortable smell in rooms.

friendly staff and location.

Good location. Near to the most popular restaurants and cafes in Cairo.

V. Good location.

NOT AN INTERESTING STAY.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

THE OVERALL STANDARD WAS POOR. IT CANNOT BE FOR A BUSINESS TRAVELLER.

Everything is brilliant
    • Standard Triple Room

Everything is brilliant

More improvenment you should do maintainsnce because hotel...

More improvenment you should do maintainsnce because hotel is bad

Nice place

The location, the staff,

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Never go to Cairo HolidayExpress

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Service needs some improvement .

Service was poor

Location only

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Very bad

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Bad personal dirty rooms

Nothing was good there very bad personal I arrived there 5:55 am they was asking who booked for you nothing was good there bad personal