Reviews of Iberotel Makadi Beach 5 stars

Makadi Bay - 34 Km Hurghada - Safaga Road, Makadi Bay, Hurghada, Egypt

#7 of 165 hotels in Hurghada

6.1

Great vacation, with amazing snorkeling
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Even though we got bumped up to a suite, which was amazing, the room's WiFi was not working and we had to get someone from maintenance to come fix a issue we had with some of the lights not working. I can say this is not the usual, as this is not our first stay there, but it was something that should be easily fixed.

The beach was absolutely amazing. Marine life there is stunning, snorkeling there was a treat, definitely what made for a trip memorable. The staff at restaurant were extremely friendly and very accommodating.

Highly recommended for relaxed amazing vacation .

I have visited this property two times in two different weeks , in the first week i had lost my iphone earphones and I couldn’t get it back again. In the second week i had lost my sunglasses(tommi) on the pool bar and also I couldn’t get it back. Am not saying it’s bad property or bad staff definitely not and everything was amazing but finally these bad things belong to the hotel’s reputation.

Highly recommended for relaxed amazing vacation .

Clean and has a private beach.
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

We had to pay for the 8 years child which is not the case in other hotels. Expensive than others in the same area

Clean and has a private beach. Good staff

View, location
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Room full of Insects and ants, children policy, food varites, staff..except mr. Hatem reservation manager and mahmoud from house keeping, only the main resturant is available while all other resturants required pre-reservation.

View, location

the best hotel ever

I liked everything from the classy check in till we checked out the staff were friendly and professional . the rooms were cozy and elegant with lovely view. excellent room service amazing beach and lovely swimming pools amazing animation team. the food is very delicious and variety. I visited many resorts at hurghada but nothing like this hotel this is my second visit and will come back soon thank you 😊

Great hotel
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

More morning activities on the pool and the beach will be great. No fresh juice is available only canned which makes drinks variety limited especially for those who don't drink alcohol.

The place is clean and comfortable. food is excellent and of good variety. staff are professional and helpful. Animation and night shows are entertaining and of good quality. my overall experience was very good.

Unforgettable experience

Absolutely Nothing

Everything is fabulous, From the personalized efficient check in till the express check out & everything in between. The Hotel is 20 years old though it seems new. 4 restaurants and 3 bars working around the clock doesn’t make you need anything. From G.M Mr. Manuel & Mr. Mamdouh to the Gardeners everyone is working in a harmony to give you not just the best experience in Egypt but in your life. Special thanks to Mr. Khalaf, Mr. Shafiey & Mr. Hasanien from the main Restaurant, Mr. Hany from the beach restaurant, Mr. Alaa & Mr. Ahmed & Mr. Mohamed from the pool restaurant & bar. And of course all the chiefs behind the curtains who pleases us with delicious courses every day. Special thanks to everyone made our trip memorable, And they are A LOT. They simply forced us to book our next vacation with them. Last but not least our lovely housekeeper Kamal, who didn’t let us even ask for anything, he is always there and always ready.

Beautiful vacation
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Location is outstanding, the staff are very nice. The beach is very nice, you can snorkel in the main beach and night life is very nice . We loved our stay very much .

Everything was Amazing
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

-Slow internet connection -Would be great addition if there was ping pong table :)

This was our first time at the hotel and definitely not the last! We had so much fun everything was great. -Very nice , friendly and alert staff. -Kids club was amazing. -Food was good. -Beach is very nice and There were reefs just in front of the hotel where you can go snorkeling. -Pool bar -Animation team -Makadi aqua park

Loved Everything

Food is average

Staff are excellent, Entertainment is very nice, animation team are very friendly. The sea is very nice and sandy. Loved the variety of restaurants in the hotel

fantastic trip
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

limited area for swimming in the sea, swimming pool 150cm only and small part 140cm

the staff were very helpful and friendly, the food was so tasty with large variety

Could be better
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is 15 years old so the rooms were a bit dated but they were comfortable

Lovely pool area and right on the beach. Staff were outstanding don’t think my glass was ever empty! The beach restaurant was just perfect food was first class and the manager Hany Maher was a gentleman and made us very welcome

Excellent hotel, will come again.

Wifi Internet access, even with the plan at extra charge, basically unusable for anything beyond basic email.

Friendly staff, good quality food, heated pool, clean room, nice entertainment program

Place to visit more and more
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Once you enter this place it will reminds you of the letter we used to write in school which was write a letter to your friend to invite him to come to Egypt . Everything you once wrote you will find . Hospitality, safety , Sun,fun . I would like to thank Mr manual the gm and every single person working in such place . Chief Ali , mido , saber, Ahmed ,Mohamed ,etc. Thanks for making our vacation Ibertol makadi is your gate to happiness

To be more familiar how to welcome with the Egyptian guest.
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

To be more familiar how to welcome with the Egyptian guest. They use to have a foreigners guest. impressions of unwelcoming very clear and uncomfortable.

Nice and relaxing.
    • Superior Twin Room

No separate area for non smokers and as majority of guests were smoking we felt uncomfortable during the meals.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is great, you can snorkel just in front of the hotel where nice corrals and colorful fishes are. Good food and nice facilities.

Great vacation
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

Hotel is great front desk very helpful Mr. Mohamed and Mr. Khaled, excellent food quality specially dinner, staff at the restaurant doing all services to make you happy. In general the staff serve you with real smile and high quality, beach very clean. It's great stay all over and we should come back again

The Best Hotel in makadi and hurghada❤
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

It was one of my best vaccations.The place is so cosy and super comfortable.The staff is the best thing there,they are friendly and helpful with always smiling face and for sure you are going to miss them after your stay.The food quality is great with a good variety and tasty as well.The best thing about the location is you don't have to walk a long distance to reach the pool or the beach.The animation team is amazing and there is a great entertainment program for every night.I highly recommend it👍👍👍

good for relaxation and couples not for activities.
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

-Slow service although the staff were friendly. -The laundry: I asked for an iron but they gave me a defected one then they advised that there is no other available one in the hotel and you can send it to the laundry for free and that's what i did. I called them many times to receive the laundry on time as it was supposed to be received at 6 pm and every time the reception says that the guy is on the way to you right now but after many calls I received it 7:45! When i received it i found that they didn't do all the laundry and they washed one of my wife's jumpsuits wrongly so it shrunk! :(

The beach ,the facilities and the view.

• Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The only issue is that the hotel is inside a huge city which is called makadi city so if u want to go out of this city u cant order a taxi u have to use their transportation!! Which is cost a lot! So this is the only disadvantage of this hotel!

The hotel is so great and very comfortable, rooms are very clean and tight, also the staff were so friendly and helpful. Honestly great hospitality!! I recommend this hotel for a relax and enjoy activities with pool and beach view :)

Mixed review

The main gate security was over zealous resulting in long delays of up to 30 minutes everytime I wanted to enter. Including when my driver came for me as they want you to use the extortionately priced limousine service instead. For a tourist who wouldn't have a phone to call the reception 6 times repeatedly asking to be allowed in it would be very difficult. And they'd say ok you can enter then the security would say no and I'd need to call Again. It was truly ridiculous and the height of inconvenience each time. The outside areas - seating, restaurant and pool areas seemed cramped - the landscape was not very spacious and they crammed in garbled and chairs everywhere giving a feeling of crowdedness. There is no room service at all in the hotel which I would have enjoyed. And lastly, I arrived 6am on a whim really as my villa I was supposed to stay at nearby was out of electricity and couldn't be rectified as it's the eid holiday, so I checked in here. They said if I wanted the room before 9am I had to pay for an extra night. As they didn't have a charge for early check in. So effectively I paid 2000le / £120 for 3 hours extra stay. This was their policy but I felt it was not very accommodating on their part to charge all inclusive rate when they're was no facilities open before 9am anyway. Although it was great food and service I struggle to see how it is worth the price compared to other reasonably priced hotels in the neighbourhood.

The service was amazing. Great facilities. Beautiful rooms. Excellent food at all the many restaurants and BBQ areas. Extra attention to details like beach bag and slippers in the rooms. High water pressure in the shower. Spotlessly clean everywhere!

I'm desperate to come back to Iberotel-thank you so much to everyone for making our holiday so great
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

The diving facilities from the hotel weren't great.

This hotel was incredible - the staff were all so helpful and friendly which really made our stay. They were so personal which was lovely and made us feel special. The food was outstanding and the hotel rooms were brilliant. Everyday they were cleaned to perfection and the creative layout of the towels always amazed us. We can't thank the staff enough!! You really made our holiday special.

Wonderful place

The aqua park facility is expensive to the family and it's not included to the All inclusive category.

The crew is really helpful and cheerful. The food is amazing and the services are more than any hotel I've ever visited. Room facilities are good.

Pleasant stay, good snorkeling
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Drinking Water at room is charged for half boarders, and there is a limit for drinking water bottles in dinner.

Cleanliness, service, snorkeling, landscapes, food, swimming pool

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Perfect!

nothing!

Super friendly and welcoming staff, the resort is very modern, clean and comfortable. The beach is amazing and the pool area is very nice. The food is superb with lots of variety to choose from. The rooms are pretty clean and comfortable. One of the best hotels I've stayed at in a while.

Our stay was really fabulous and we'd definitely go there again.
    • Superior Twin Room

I liked almost everything about this hotel. From the moment we arrived everything went smoothly and easily. We arrived early but the receptionists were really helpful specially (Mr.Mina) and they managed to find us a room of the two we already booked to stay at until it is check in time. They gave us two rooms with great location which were near the beach, the pool, the lobby and the restaurants. This hotel is one of the cleanest hotel I've been to. The staff is really really friendly and all they care about is your comfort and happiness. They made a free little surpise party with a cake for my little brother, they also decorated his room with lots of lights and decorations. That was a really really nice gesture. The food was good especially the pool ala carte restaurant but the open buffet could have more options. The location of the hotel ( Madinet Makadi ) is really good too. At the end of our vacation, they offered us a free shuttle bus service to our bus station and that was a really nice gesture. We would definitely go there again and again.

Very good place
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Air conditioning system in restaurant is horrible sometimes I couldn't finish my meal because of this weather. Please solve this problem as I found many people complains about the same issue

The location, facilities, beach and cleaned place

Wonderfull Stay. Enjoyed every bit of it. Will definetly return back
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

The check-in process took longer than expected, but we eventually resolved the issue via the very friendly and helpful reception staff and front desk manager

-Very helpful and Friendly Staff. Very polite with lots of smiles -Swimming pools and pool bar area were nice -Rooms are basic but spacious and clean -Good Service and Good Food -High value for Money

Good Red Sea resort with fantastic snorkelling steps away
    • Superior Twin Room

I caught a stomach bug on my last day there. Similar to Luxor and Aswan, small denomination Egyptian pounds (5, 10, and 20's) were hard to get (even from reception), which made tipping difficult.

Bartenders and cleaning staff were very friendly. Nice pools with swim up bar. The windsurfing and scuba shops were in easy walking distance. The snorkelling was fantastic right off he shore. There were many more lounge chairs than guests while I was there (July). Bartenders made delicious cocktails, far better than in most Caribbean resorts.

Overall very good experience.
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

Dinner buffet not always very good. For All inclusive you have once dine around in Makadi restaurants, which was always fully booked and need to be booked well in advance.

Overall very good experience. Beach is very nice, snorkeling equipment available every day. Water sports also very good.

Fantastic!

We were assigned two beach towels only per day for a family of three. You couldn't exchange the dirty ones for clean ones during the day.

The property is very clean and the nightly entertainment was great. The staff are very friendly too. Food was great

The true meaning of vacation👏
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The hotel is perfect. The rooms are beautiful. All with pool view or sea view. The staff was super. The cleanliness and organisation of things are exceptional. The food is good. We are very very happy with our stay

Very good property with excellent staff
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Some of the staff didn't know more about the hotel - air condition needs upgrading Prices of all water activities very expensive Shutte bus to hurghada is very expensive Half boad doesn't include soft drinks in dinner

Staff very friendly and professional

Awesome vacation
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Food was not that good with not much of varieties but acceptable and some items were tastless but again was not something to ruin our vacation :)

Everything..room was very good and spacious with awesome view. staff was excellent and extremely friendly, facilities are very good, prices for water activities is not high in comparison to other hotels in hurghada. Daily show at night kept us entertained. We loved our stay and will be back for sure.

decent hotel

child policy is strange ( first child under 12 is half the rate of an adult) , they communicated me with an e-mail 1 day before my trip but that was not clear on the site at booking.com, that was an extra charge for me, internet is tooooooo slow and the paid one is too expensive, pool and beach towel policy was strange as you receive them at room and then it can be changed at room also, that means that you have to leave them there when they are cleaning , while most of the cleaning is when you are at the pool and have them ??!!!

the swimming pool the food the beverage the location the welcoming gift and the service all was great

best hotel

Simply nothing!! All was to perfection

Generosity and hospitality were the best !! Seriously the whole stuff were so friendly and generous. Fulfilled all our requirements, late check out, great beach and water activities, food was so great. They made the laundry for free, they packed lunch for kids in take away boxes when we were traveling.

Excellent resort

The AC of the main restaurant needs to be rectified

The generosity and amazing hospitality, and particular the very nice staff, all personnel working there are having excellent spirit and smile.

Great beach.. Great food
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The lunch in the open buffet was not as good as the breakfast and dinner. It took around 45 minutes to do the check in.

The beach was amazing, a large one with clear water and great spots for snorkeling, a near by scuba world for water activities, great food specially for the oriental arabisque restaurant and the beach restaurant. Great bars. Great breakfast.

Staff smile
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Food not good as expected, but it's ok

Friendly staff, good service I would like to submit a thanks comment to Mr. Mohamed Ramadan Mourad (main rest. Waiter) for his great hospitality and amazing smile toward guest faces and serve with love.

Pleasent stay with good food, good service, relaxed atmosphere, nice architecture

There were barely woman working. I find there should be a balance between women and men working in a resort. The Beach was not my favorite one. I find it more a hotel for mature people (above 50 years). If we wanted slides for the kid, we needed to go to Aquapark which is a 10min drive away from the hotel. I defenitely missed vegetarian food options. There should be more.

Mina from the reception was so helpful and made everything possible. Will always remember him. Overall, the staff is really nice and helpful. They do the best to feel well taken care. I also liked the quality of the food, which is in general for Egypt of the upper level with this pricetag.

Really ENjoyed
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Need a better animation & free transportation to the hurghada city.

The restaurants was great , special thanks for all the staff specially Mina from the reception who really helped us alot.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Amazing Stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Beach staff and their attitude with Egyptians Not so much Entertainment No Free Shuttle Bus from the Airport to the Hotel

Sea View Room Reception Staff Room Service Beach Restaurant and its Staff Beach Bar Staff

Nice stay
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

free wifi is horrible (very slow and disconnects very frequently), didn't try the paid service though

good location, good food. we faced some problems on the day of arrival but we were compensated by free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Easily one of the best
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

People booking sun beds on beach and pool with their towles and leave it whole day booked without even using it.

-Very friendly staff -Lots of fun activities -House keeping is very good, they sense when u leave the room and do it, never knocked while we're in there.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Perfect Vacation

A strange smell in the room probably from the sewage that the staff couldn't fix till we left.

Good service, friendly staff, great location, beautiful hotel, all facilities available.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful all the time
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

We liked everything it's really perfect

Staff was very friendly and helpful all the time

The food and the staff was fantastic.
    • Superior Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The food and the staff was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Worst food quality ever.
    • Superior Twin Room

Worst food quality ever.. we were group of 12 adults and 4 child and all of us got diarrhea, vomiting and stomach ache

Excellent hotel, great staff..
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Wi-Fi internet is so weak..

All the facilities is perfect..

Nice family vacation
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Rooms some how smaller than usual & need some recent appliance as LED , BT radio ...

Staff, food , location, animation team all was great.

Everything was great, clean and nice room, friendly and...

Bad wifi connection.

Everything was great, clean and nice room, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful sea.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Beaches are amazing with wonderful coral reef
    • Superior Twin Room

The food were bad with little choice

Beaches are amazing with wonderful coral reef

The food was amazing.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

They like the word “extra charge” very much.. they rip you off

The food was amazing.. the staff where also nice..

Service, beach

Service, beach

Perfect holiday
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No too much choice of fish in the restaurant

Friendly staff

Greatest staffs ever

Room supplies was poor and not complete as 5 stars hotel

Greatest staffs ever

The staff is so good

The staff is so good

Good location and great food

Though we were in Jr Suite it was small and not spacious

Good location and great food

Smile is the keyword
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The extra bed wasn't very comfortable

The staff was super friendly, everyone was trying to keep us as comfortable as possible

Every rhing was good, food, beach, staff, employees, animation, nights show and location
    • Superior Twin Room

The extra bed was not good and safe

The staff was absolutely fantastic.

The internet connection is very poor, even if you pay extra for a better connection it is very slow and unstable.

The staff was absolutely fantastic.

We just had our best holiday in years
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

It's was as seen on the internet

We had a fantastic holiday.the staff could not anymore for you

wonderful

hospitality

Overall was very good

Treating Egyptians different from foreigners

Location and staff

Nothing appropriate
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

One hour just to make check in

Nothing appropriate

The stuff was very friendly, 4 different restaurants each...
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The stuff was very friendly, 4 different restaurants each have its own style allow different options

The service was very friendly

The service was very friendly

Staff

Staff

• Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

It was a wonderful holiday and the stuff was too friendly specially moustafa, Taha, Hany, Mina, Ahmed and all of them and for sure g.m

A very good hotel with outstanding service

I wish there was snacks offered at the beach

Enjoyed my stay a lot
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

In general it was really nice

Rooms, pool and restaurants are really nice Mr. Wael (front desk) in the reception he was really helpful and supportive

Beautiful beach and friendly staff

Coffee quality

V good value

V good value

The sea was great.

The food.

The sea was great.

good
    • Special Offer - Superior Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

beach good but not sandy

staff excellent recreation good