Reviews of Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa 5 stars

El Remaya Square, Giza, 12561 Cairo, Egypt

#75 of 173 hotels in Cairo

4.4

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Daytrips and tours offered by the hotel quite expensive! No drinks in the mini-bar!

Great view on the pyramids, good restaurants and breakfast, nice pool, jacuzzi and spa-area, staff very friendly and helpful!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The pool closed too early, @ 6pm, maybe because it was Ramadan. The check in/check out process could have been more transparent, as the front desk attendant was not completely clear in explaining that cards used to hold the booking would be charged, despite the fact that I stated cash was going to be paid, so now I have to wait for 15 days for the money to be credited back to my account. The wi-fi internet connection left alot to be desired. It was neither strong nor constant, though free throughout the hotel. I expected better from this hotel.

Though the hotel is located some distance from the airport, it was still great to wake up to an amazing view of the pyramids. Breakfast was okay, as was dinner. Tour companies are quite familiar with the hotel, and vice versa so the pick up and drop off process by tour companies was easy.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Not quite a 5 star hotel but was decent value for money. Staying on ground level meant there was barely a view of the pyramids. The hotel stores were extremely overpriced for low quality products.

The room was very nice. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was quite good and location was great. Overall would recommend to others

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The hotel itself was very good, clean and well maintained. I had an issue on my first night as they put me in a room that did not have a pyramid view (despite that being what I booked and paid for). After bringing up the issue with reception however, they moved me to a pyramid view room which was very nice and had an amazing view of the pyramids. Overall, I enjoyed my stay but I would recommend the staff pay attention to what rooms have been booked to ensure guests receive what they paid for.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

I felt as though the offer from the hotel for Sound & Light Show tickets was overpriced- whereas I've previously been offered good deals by hotels around Cairo for day trips because they use drivers and guides independent of the hotel, $35 for a guide (when the show was already in English), ticket and 10 minute drive seemed steep.

The staff were incredibly attentive when checking us in and assisting us during our stay. The hotel has a vast amount of options for lounging in the common areas downstairs. The restaurant staff downstairs were keen to chat and assist me with my dietary requirements.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

On the other hand I have to say that I paid the premium room and when I arrived to the hotel they told me that it was not available and they tried to sell me a suite. When I refused to pay more, they told me that my room was available, but after seeing the rest of the rooms and the pics and size from my booking, they clearly gave me a worse room that the one I paid. The only thing that saved the room it was that at least it was in a high floor as I like, but still I feel they cheated me. It is a shame because the rest is good and this is why I lower my rate to this hotel.

The best part from this hotel are the views to the pyramids from the rooms. It has a big pool with views to the pyramids and a great diverse breakfast with many cheeses. It offers an small free spa too. And you can enjoy a shisha and a beer in the terrace with views.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Wife was complaining there was no hair dryer. I don't have any hair so I was ok.

Excellent location with a great view of the pyramids. Read some of the comments in here and must say it seems they have upgraded since the room was fine and breakfast ok. Hotel is nothing fancy but overall we had a great stay meeting our expectations.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

It has great pyramid view. I recommend you to stay pyramid view room. And location of the hotel is great, too. Because It is near to the back door of the Giza pyramids, so easy to travel

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Wifi was basically non-functional. Hotel was unable to fix it; totally unacceptable. Air con worked well, but it was either super cold or off. There was no in between.

Located right next to the Pyramids. Good view from our room of the Pyramids and pool. Comfy beds and nice shower.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

WiFi did not work all time. My trip was a business trip and it has not been possible to work because the connection was completely missing

The food was very good, the swimming pool is big and clean

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The WiFi was horrible even with the booster. The food was not good, and ended up going to restaurants outside the hotel. The noise from the main road was extremely loud.

The spa and pool area was fantastic. I had a massage everyday I was there and the prices were great.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Pool times can be extended especially when the whole area is lit up till late..

Location, staff, experience overall was too good. Fantastic place with pyramid views

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The rooms were not cleaned properly, towels were removed but not replaced. Service at the bar and pool was terrible.

The location is spectacular. The room was comfortable. The spa was extraordinary.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Some time the service was not the best at restaurant but I would say this is because the hotel was fully booked.

The location is amazing. It is like 2 mins from the pyramids. You can take great pictures from there with the pyramids as background.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Showing it's age and very badly understaffed. Some staff were very unfriendly and unwilling to assist foreign guests but would jump through hoops for Egyptian guests. Room service trays left outside bedroom doors for 2 days! Good luck getting coffee at breakfast.

Good view. Nice pools and good food

very little.

The facilities were very good, bed comfortable, and the staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast more than I could eat and laundry service superb. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

view from room,no hairdryer and not enough water and coffee in the room

need more english channels on tv ,and more water in the rooms,hairdryer needed aswell in rooms.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Older Hotel could do with a refurb. Not cleaned properly - found a cigarette butt under the bed (non smoking room). Headboard on the bed had 2 stains where previous occupants had put their head.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Junior Suite (4th Floor) needs to be updated. Towels were very old and the cotton sheets in the bed where not soft, very industrial feeling. It feels like the Le Meridian brands has been tarnished with this experience.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The breakfast buffet wasnt as good as it could be the foods all were similar in taste so couldnt really eat as much

Amazing staff always polite and ready to help and the facilities were great.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Just the internet in the 5th floor and at the pool area is very very slow. But the reception offered an internet transmitter to make our wifi more stronger but it was too late as it was offered to us when we checked.out. But overall, we enjoyed our stay and i will recommend this hotel. A very safe place to stay in Egypt and its also very close to the Pyramids.

I love everything about this hotel. The location, the food, the staff, the view over the Pyramids and spa services. Its also safe and the internet in the lobby is really fast.

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

They do not have a taxies ready all time , we have to wait till they call taxi and it take time.

View , location, activities, pools, lighting in night , quiet place. I read the reviews before I book , now I found everyone said true; bad wifi , but you can upgraded with extra charge. Staff saying jokes in unsuitable time , but you can stop them from this behavior. Animation team not professional, but you do not have to follow them . It’s perfect please.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

I ask for the details of my chick out but no answer. I pay money for the breakfast of my daughter 16 yr although the reception at chick in till me that her fees include the extra bed and breakfast for her and at chick out they ask me to pay her breakfast also I ask hem to mail me the payment details for my room 2116 douple+child 16 yr two nights but nothing habind

I like the spa and its restaurant

Everything was great!

The staff, hotel, room, restaurant/bar, view, shows, location, etc were all fantastic! They make sure you are safe here as well.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The pool it's main selling point was to cold to use....it is meant to be heated but absolutely freezing!!

Easy location, clean, great spa....pool let it down massively.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Our hotel room was so full of dust, it was not clean or used in a long long time ! Internet (if you manage to log in) was so slow, it was basically non existent.

Hotel is very close to the Giza Pyramids. Very friendly staff. Nice swimming pool and spa.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The carpets and bed heads could do with either replacing or a thorough clean. We had our bed head covered with a sheet. It was all stained. There wasn't much to be done about the carpet. I would not recommend the Water Treatment at the spa. I felt rushed around and pulled in all directions. Not very relaxing. The massages were good though. The shops there are ridiculously expensive. Beware. The guy in the papyrus shop was going to charge us 108 US dollars for 6 small papyruses. At the airport they cost 4$ each!!! In the local shops or from the street vendors they are quite a lot cheaper. It

The staff were helpful and quick and friendly, the room was comfy, facilities (gym, spa, pool) were great, good variety of food and very well priced, good breakfast. Unlike a European 5 star you won't find a dressing gown, slippers, a hair drier and an ironing board in the room. However, if you ask for them at the reception they will send them to your room no pb at all. We had a room with Pyramid view. Worth every cent. It's quite smth to wake up every morning with the sight of the Pyramid of Keops! I should like to add though that it takes a looong time to get to Cairo city from there because of the traffic. Plan your city trips carefully. You can't just nip over. They had organised a live show with local singers and a belly dancer just the day before we went. It was a fantastic farewell for us :)

See above!

Moderate at best. Very noisy with the music from the lobby bar in my room, not to mention the wedding parties! Elevators were slow or not working properly. Beds were hard, sheets smelled of other guests, room service breakfast marginal.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

It’s a noisy hotel....guests from certain countries are very loud on corridors. Food is not great. Rooms are a bit small.

Shower, bed and view! Egyptian staff 😁

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The staff certainly needs more training on their standard of service. Before check-in, I went to use the restroom in the lobby. Once seeing me, the cleaner rushed to grab the tissue, open the tap and ask for tip. Cannot believe it all the actions are finished in a few seconds even before I start to use the toilet, which is a bit hilarious. I have heard about all those tipping thing but did not expect it to happen in a "Five Star" hotel. The concierge does not speak English well and the taxi fare they charged is about three times higher than the official taxi.

It is nothing more amazing than waking up with the view of Pyramids.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

The staff was friendly and accommodating but in some cases overstretched with long 12+ working hours plus long commutes from home to work and back. Not enough personnel is assigned to the reception desk. The hotel itself is a bit tired. It is not well maintained and needs urgently to be renovated. Th kids loved the pool though and the meals at the buffet at breakfast and dinner were good.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Not always easy to get coffee at breakfast. The service quality is not constant.

Just in front of the pyramids the view can be very nice. The breakfast had a lot of choice.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Really bad water temperature in the showers in both rooms , we couldn’t get a normal temperature to shower. Either very boiling hot or cold there was no middle like a normal shower would

Views from the balcony to the pyramids

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

The quality of the food in the restaurants on-site was mediocre. The overall room price seemed very expensive in comparison to other hotels in the area. There is very little choice within walking distance (only Ferfela was up to standards) so without a taxi ride you are limited to the hotel restaurants.

The view of the pyramids was very good. The pool was lovely. The rooms were comfortable, and service was by and large good.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Pool is okay but little ropes everywhere to stop people getting from one section to the next. It is busy, especially for the package tour crowd.

Breakfast was a bun fight, so busy but it is so close to the pyramids so it was very busy. The streets are manic but do venture out, we did for some shopping and meals in local restaurants and it was safe.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

If it’s important to you to be constantly connected the wifi from our experience throughout our stay in our rooms and around the hotel lobby, pool side is very weak and kept dropping out. But nice that it’s free of charge.

Loved the location and a room with balcony facing directly at the pyramids of Giza. If booking the room with Balcony try to ask for a room from 5th floor and above as we were on the 4th floor and our view was a little obstructed from the roof top directly across (I think it was the gym?). Our friends in the room on the 5th floor directly above us had a significantly better view. Friendly helpful staff, safe and secure hotel. Perfect for Solo female travellers and families with children. Nice little souvenir/jewllery shops inside that we were able to purchase postcards and stamps to send home to loved ones. Waking up to the pyramids every morning was the highlight of our trip!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

I booked a double bed and they assigned two bed room. Internet was very unstable.

Location close to the pyramids. The pool. Nights at the bar with live music. The staff from the bar.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Too many groups coming and going in and out the hotel.The dining room was always full.The Staff at the reception kept changing every five minutes so when you speak to a person about a problem, you can be sure you will have to repeat it to a few more before it got sorted out.

Breakfast was good.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The towels were a little bit old. It needed new ones

I loved the location and the dinner buffet at the restaurant, it was a great selection and the food was really tasty... it felt like having dinner at someone else house rather than a restaurant.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

I heard about Egyptian but never expected that staff is chest to customer. A concierge service chest to customer they changed plenty of times what their promised amount once. At the ground floor there was a bar where I bought waters, a female staff lied change and she pretended that she didn't know. when I claim it, she was saying that I don't have any small changes but when I claim again she was suddenly in a anger and throw money to me (change was bigger money that she has gave me) all staff specially, cashier are despicable.

overall clean room than other lower level's hotel.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The staff is poorly trained, some are even rude. At the restaurant where breakfast is served it is clear that noboy knows what they are supposed to do. At the pool, one night, a fat rude guy appeared and expel our children from the area by shouting at everybody. When asked what was happening, he just replyed: "the pool is closed now". It was sad to see his behaviour, since there are polite ways to say that.

The location is great. The food at the restaurant by the pool is very good. The rooms are clean and large and the bathroom is also very clean and spacious.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

I would have liked to go to the spa with my daughter who is 14 yo but only available for over 16 s. Maybe there can be a timetable where well behaved teenagers can use it at certain times? Breakfast half an hour longer would also be a bonus.

Location and staff were excellent . Speedy check in and out. All great .

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Music at poolside sporadic. Hotel is located on a main road so traffic is very noisy all day and into the night.

Very friendly. Great location to see pyramids. Heated pool . Make sure you upgrade to pyramid view.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Unfriendly and rude staff, terrible check in process, rooms are falling apart and need refurbishment (and thats the new building), concierge seem to be working on commission for the hotel taxi company, wifi is poor, breakfast selection is not great.

Located close to pyramids, bank for currency exchange on site

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Unfortunately, our stay at this hotel was not good. From our check in it was bad, first they took us in another room because they wanted to see if we were married or not, that is just not okay. After they said to us that the room was not ready but they will give us another room, we said yes but when we saw the room it was 2 single bed which was not what i booked. I don´t want to write more, but one thing that was positively it was the pyramids view, all other things was terrible.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The pollution in Cairo is so bad that you can barely see the pyramids at night, if not at all. Locals call it “fog” but it is so laughable.

It was clean and very “western” so if you are custom to nice luxury plush hotels then this is your pick.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Piramids wiew is Amazing. Restaurants are all hi level. Perfect for business and tourism.Every one speak english or others Language. Vey safe place with several control. Swimming pool under the wiew of Piramids!!! I'll be back for sure. GREAT JOB.

I have never seen such rude staff. The girl named Marina from the reception is the most rude receptionist I’ve ever met. The security is nice, location nice, cleaning not that good but the service is HORRIBLE! And to expensive for what you get. For the same price you can stay at nice, clean, new hotel. The hotel looks also very old.

de locatie

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

No shop to buy water/snacks in the lobby. Internet was poor. Windows could do with a wash

Good selection at breakfast. Atm in lobby. Gym and jacuzzi were good. One of the outdoor pools was heated which was great as if was only 15degrees when we were there.check in and check out was easy

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The WiFi was unreliable, I couldn’t even check in to my flight to Luxor. Our room was quite cold on the first night, it seemed to take 24 hours to heat up to a comfortable temperature The room is a little overpriced for Egypt

Amazing view of the pyramids from our room. Beds were very comfortable and staff very welcoming and helpful

• Premium Classic Room with City View

poor maintenance of facilities or communication of bad elevators

The property has obvious need of improvement. since arrival 3 nights in a row, the passenger elevators did not go down from upper floors, was forced to take freight elevator. missing buttons on elevators, shower fixtures outdated and in need of replacement(hard water damage.)indoor shops totally outdated and depressing. access cards did not work after 5pm daily, had to go to front desk to get access to elevator and room.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Room service, the price was too expensive, the WiFi was horrible, there was not a lot of foreigners and people. There was a metal detector at the entrance

The pyramid view upon waking up every morning

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Attention in reception desk was rude, and inefficient Internet is patchy and very slow (when working) Lifts broke twice Door cards demagnetize frequently, Site is good for seeing the pyramids but bad for everything else

The hotel has a nice view on the pyramids

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Supposed to be a 5 star hotel - it might be, if you stay in the renovated part of the hotel. On our first night we were put into a smoking room and it was disgusting. We woke up with skin and hair smelling of smoke.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Lots of staff around but only some seem to work - therefore service is very slow. Too many chiefs Security is very poor. There are scanners at front entrance but the staff don't care and are too busy chatting Room not very clean Room stank of smoke even though it was supposed to be non smoking Music audible from the pool area until the early hours Dreadful live entertainment in one of the bars ruins the atmosphere in the lobby and most of the public areas Took 4 calls to get an iron delivered and when it arrived it looked deadly

View of the Pyramids from the pool area Pool area / barbecue Good range of gift shops

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Passenger elevators out of order, some elevators missing buttons, room card readers not working properly, constantly having to go to front desk to request new access card or reprogram cards. Facilities outdated, smoking allowed in main lobby,

Location: nice view of pyramids, neighborhood needs spruce up, lots of trash on sidewalks. Depressing area

Nothing here not to like. We even had a good wine!

What can you say - a great hotel with a view of the pyramids! The spa is also nice - excellent massage -- thank you ! The breakfast is fine. Two outdoor pools as well with a pool bar. We were there in winter so one of the pools was a bit too cold to swim in. The smaller pool was fine.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

We had booked with half board, but no drink included with the evening meal, not even water !!!!!!! and if you order a drink, of course you'll pay high price !! bottle of water 2€ ! Big hotel, so sometimes difficult to obtain satitsfaction for your requests when the people at the lobby are overloaded with all the other customers demands.

Just located 300m from the main entrance to the pyramids !!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The wifi was horrible. You had to keep manually connecting to it and it was incredibly slow. The water from our shower kept leaking and going all over the bathroom floor and even under the door out into the main room.

The buffet breakfast & menu lunch were great, it’s the only place we ate for breakfast and lunch. The staff always had a smile and were friendly. We had a pyramids view room and it was great!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The room maintenance and no : hairdryer, bath cap, iron, iron table, a cloth for shoe cleaning, sewing kit, and slipper. The quality of the Shampoo and conditioner is far away from acceptable/

The staff except the front desk receptionists

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

The wifi was hopeless, kept dropping out all the time and needed reconnecting but very weak.

The buffet breakfast is one of the best ever and the evening buffet was excellent. The gym was really good

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Excellent view and clean rooms. Staffs are nice and professional. Pyramid tour is a little expensive than outside or internet price but very safe and professional. Be aware outside or internet you may get less price but there will be many hidden costs. So, better take from hotel and be safe and enjoy safe 🙂

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

No WiFi called reception IT service daily but nothing was done

Everything was great especially room cleaning lady Maha, great views- but no WiFi for guests is a big put off for your your hotel

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Wifi was really weak at times Room was not really clean when you compare it to european standards

Perfect location for the pyramids Staff was always super friendly Great view of thr pool+pyramids

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

There is no hair dryer, no sewing kit. Its a little far from cairo- it takes an hour to get to the town and another one for the return.

View of pyramids from the room, breakfast was delicious and there are a variety of foods

• Premium Classic Room with City View

The hotel is about 45 km from the airport but very closed to the pyramids. We rent a car to go there, it is quite cheaper than the shuttle service that they offer. They charge 60 pounds for the parking. High security level.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

A hotel of this rating and price should really come with a hairdryer and iron as standard, should not have to ask for them. When the iron came the water compartment lid was snapped off and it leaked all over the place. There should also be a mirror on the table for getting ready.

Most staff very nice, great view. Comfy beds, decent room service. It has good access to the pyramids and a taxi to the rest of Cairo isn’t too far. Cairo can be a tiring city as it is so loud, this is a nice place to relax, though there isn’t much near to the hotel.

• Premium Classic Room with City View

Seriously language issues with the staff in what is advertised as an international hotel. Very substandard food that tasted like reheated leftovers, with multiple food orders done wrong during our short stay.

Proximity to the the pyramids.

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

It is insanely busy which is expected at this time of the year. There are weddings as well in the hotel. So the noise levels are high. Our rooms were booked as 2 double beds. The beds are NOT double beds for sure. We were 4 adults and 2 kids 10 & 2. We booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each. Or so we thought... had to request an extra bed for the 10 year old as the bed could only accommodate one comfortably. This ‘bed’ was as good on sleeping on springs. The first of the two rooms that we were in was absolutely DISGUSTING. We decided to move the two beds together so we could sleep without falling off. The amount of dirt and HAIR that was under the bed was truly shocking. The rooms are dusty. Windows haven’t been cleaned in a while. If u open the curtain you are confronted with an even filthier terrace. The corners in the room are covered in dust. We requested a change which we were given as well as a thousand apologies for the filth. Other room similar story. This time the housekeeper was there when the beds were moved and again filth in the exposed spaces. We left the room soon after for the dinner which was included in the price. AVOID!!! Shouldn’t have bothered paying for half board. The next day my hubby realized his watch and sunglasses were missing. Assuming it was left behind in the room we were originally given, we asked management. They could not be of much help as there was someone else there already. All in all a really bad experience booking in here. If you have booked with free cancellation CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Front desk push you to get expensive taxi fares from their system Concierge pushy to sell you over priced day package Security at the door as if I am walking to airport

Close to pyramids Pool

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

After exploring Egypt more with my wife we decided to return to Giza to stay at the Le Meridian a few more nights before we left. We enjoyed our stay so much the first time. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Giza! Best staff, best views, and great food! We hope to stay again someday!!

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

rooms showing signs of ageing but overall nothing major. Probably not specific to this hotel but loud music could be heard most nights of the week until 1am.

Great location and views of the pyramids. Good facilities and very friendly and helpful staff. Overall good value for money.

I didn't have it.

Clean room, kind and friendly staff, nice pool area I had a breakfast in there which was wonderful. I stayed pyramid view every morning makes me happy.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

A few little details in the furniture show that the hotel will need some restoration in the short term, but nothing important really

Location is unbeatable, right in front of the pyramids. The hotel is quite confortable, rooms are big, well equipped (safety box, tv, air conditioner, minibar, coffee/tea facilities, etc.) The restaurante is ok, food is nice but options are quite a few. Prices are very good. Breakfast is excellent Friendly and supportive staff

• Premium Deluxe Room with Pyramids View

Tourist Trap Hotel. No convenience store in the hotel or in a secure area. Very, Very bad internet. Couldn't connect on any device most of the time!!

Great View of the pyramids.

Browse Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery