Reviews of Pyramisa Isis Island Aswan Resort & Spa 5 stars

Corniche El Nil, 99999 Aswan, Egypt

#13 of 25 hotels in Aswan

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

the view of the combination (Blue River, Green Grass, Yellow Dessert) is too amazing, the island is very beautiful, it is highly recommended to watch the sun rise from the back of the hotel looking to the far sight.

• Single Room - Nile view

This hotel is VERY dated and the restrooms in the main lobby have ledges coated with dust. I had the feeling my sheets had not been changed, so I marked them with ink to see if my suspicions were correct. In doing so, I noticed there were other ink marks besides mine, so other guests must have had the same idea! Unfortunately, I did discover that one of my pillow cases was NOT changed. My sliding glass door was smeared and dirty. I asked for it to be cleaned, but it never was. Although the website says this hotel has a business center (and the door to a room proudly proclaims "Business Center" in shiny gold letters), the computers were stacked up on tables and the center had obviously been closed for a LONG time.

I enjoyed taking the boat back and forth from the hotel to downtown. The boat traveled frequently and I never had to wait. Unless you want to stay at the Cataract Hotel and pay a MUCH higher price, this is your best option in Aswan.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The beds had not been changed from previous guests stay. Pillows had large stains on not acceptable.

The views of the Nile were spectacular.The hotel is old being refurbished in certain areas when we were there. Booking.com did not tell us when we booked the hotel would be a building site!! It was an adventure hmmm

• Single Room - Nile view

I felt like the hotel could be used as a set for a Wes Anderson movie. It is obvious that once this was a great hotel, but its glory days are over. The Business Center announced by gold letters on its window has LONG been closed. As have many other amenities in the hotel. I chuckled when my suitcase was placed in a huge luggage storage room--again proclaimed with gold lettering on the door--a lone occupant in what once must have been fully packed glory. The hotel's bar and main restaurant are deserted, and meals are served in the "lobby" restaurant--not much of an ambiance. I had read on line that the hotel has live music in the evenings and had looked forward to listening to it--but was told when I got there they only have it in "winter." Perhaps that is another false promise and they never really have it. As with most hotels in Egypt, they do not seem to have adjusted or adapted to the new kind of tourism they will need to survive, and they are simply awaiting the return of tourists in vast hoards. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in where I witnessed flying insects exiting my pillows when I moved them. Hand prints smeared the sliding glass doors of my room and quarter-inch thick dust covers the ledges of the lobby restroom. Egypt's economic crisis cannot justify this lack of cleanliness.

I enjoyed taking the hotel boat back and forth to the property--it made me feel like I was in Venice--and the boat ran frequently and was very reliable. Really, the other hotel choices in Aswan make this your best option, and I returned here after an overnight trip to Abu Simbel.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Rooms were not clean, lots of dust on the floor and we found hair in the bathtub, so we called staff to clean again. Actually, we got the room with nice Nile view but the terraces were filled with dust, could not go and sit outside for enjoying the view. Some parts of the hotel are under renovation and wifi can be used only in the lobby.

The hotel is on the island with the nice Nile view. The restaurant's manager and staff were friendly, nice and provided us the great service.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

The breakfast was not great. They charge extra for espresso and it's not worth it. Just wait and drink coffee later. They have limited wine options, but they are not bad.

The location is amazing. You take a boat ferry back and forth and it's just fun! The property is huge, I recommend taking a walk in the evening to enjoy the soundscape of frogs under a starry night.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

There was no mention that the price didn’t include taxes and we paid a lot on taxes. It is not possible to walk there, can only be accessed by taxi boat. There’s nothing else to do in that island.

The staff was wonderful, the room was huge and we got a great upgrade.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Although the hotel was huge, it felt deserted. The air conditioning did not work. We made a complaint and noticed that it only started to work between 8pm - 2am each night. We think the hotel was trying to save electricity costs. No wifi in the bedrooms, only lobby. Our bathroom was not clean - there were blood stains in the bathtub and holes in the ceiling. The only access to the hotel is via a boat.

Huge selection for breakfast and the hotel offers a breakfast box which we requested when we had to leave early for a tour.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The bed was squeaky and the bathroom wasn't comfy plus hot water was not that hot general cleanliness was low

the reception clerk was friendly and decent

• Double or Twin Room Superior - Nile view

I would appreciate a way to have wifi in the room, but it was easy to access it in the lobby.

I would stay here again and again. To start, the location was beyond beautiful with views of the Nile from every corner. The ferry back and forth to town was easy and accessible. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great. The pools (yes TWO) were pristine and a lovely way to spend the afternoon. The whole hotel is surrounded by gardens and fruit trees. We took a felucca ride right from the pier at the hotel and it was lovely and a good price. You can tell in some ways that the hotel used to have more business, but in my opinion that just makes the atmosphere more interesting. It was one of the most relaxing places that I've stayed

There are mosquitos in the lobby. WIFI signal is not good. Can't use WIFI in our rooms.

Very beautiful view. Nice surrounding. Complimentary shuttle boat to access the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

The place is run down. Needs desperately renovation. Dirty bathrooms. Noisy aircondition. Torn blankets and sheets

Spectacular scenery every where you ho

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Some reviewers have said that the facilities are looking a little worn out and in need of some maintenance, which is true, but considering the reduction in tourist numbers over recent years this hotel is doing well to stay open at all. I get the impression maintenance budgets may have been reduced but prioritised to the most essential ones - so things work fine even if they might not look polished and new. The good points about this place definitely make up for the slight lack of glamour.

Excellent place to relax because of the huge hotel gardens occupying the entire island - you can always find quiet places to sit and enjoy the views outwards. Plenty of colourful bird life in and around the gardens. It's not always quiet because Aswan life continues outside - so there are sounds from the mosques and from people passing on boats or occasionally a party on the opposite shore. Very nice large-sized pools, which were just about swimable on a hot day in February! Good choice of foods at the buffet. Friendly, helpful staff, who responded kindly when I needed to send out for some medicine.

• Single Room - Nile view

Unfortunately, the facilities are in a bad state. You could tell that at some point it was a really nice hotel to stay in, but no maintenance led to a run-down look and feeling about it. Apart from that, my room wasn’t clean (the walls of my room were full of dead mosquitoes from who knows when), there were half of the lights that didn’t work, and the bathroom would flood because the glass on the side hasn’t been correctly put to avoid water leaking from below. For a hotel with as many stars at it has I was expecting a better experience.

Really friendly and attentive staff. Always willing and ready to satisfy the guests’ wishes/needs with a smile.

• Double or Twin Room Superior - Nile view

The experience would have even better if the wifi connection in the lobby was a bit more reliable, just in order to quickly check through the mails and have more time left to enjoy the beautiful surroundings

A super-relaxing paradise in the middle of the Nile, staff bending over backwards to help you in any situation, quiet location away from the Aswan hustle and bustle and yet well connected by the free transfer boat available at any time and running every 10 minutes or so; ever present and very friendly English and German speaking hotel manager for any remaining issues - we absolutely love this place

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Nothing, an absolute nightmare in everything, the lousiest customer experience I ever had in hotels all over the world and I've been travelling since 199; starting from the hotel being overbooked, where my friend and I and another 2 American girls had to wait for more than 2 hours (from 1:30 am till 4:00 am) since hotel was overbooked and we had to wait for people to check out! Noting that this was a working day, had a flight right after work and arrived hotel 1:30 in the morning. Night shift manager handling was terrible, telling us I'm trying to do my best! After the horrible waiting, they checked us in a room that was not set for human stay (dirty, very small beds prison-alike, filthy bathroom, amenities of a one-star hotel and maybe less, dirty sheet, no extra blankets not pillows & temperature was 10 Celsius,.... EVERYTHING)! We couldn't still wait for more complaining and waiting, hence, had to go with the room to be able to finally sleep. In the morning, going to reception to complain and ask for a room change matching the room class we booked and swearing to go to police station and tourism authorities to file a complaint, we met the same night shift manager and 1st thing he said when I told him we've tons of complaints regarding the room; we'll upgrade you!!!! The lousiest and most stupid scam I've ever seen!! Cutting things short, we went to check the new offered room and when we found it matched what we booked, we had to accept it silently to avoid any further abuse/revenge if we insisted to take this further and to avoid ruining the plans that we had for the day. At checkout, they refused to give us a bill and when we insisted they told us that the system is down and we have to wait for a while till it's up and running, where we had to leave to catch the plane back to Cairo and when we asked for the hotel manager, they gave us a lousy fishy print-out of the total bill without any details!!!!

NOTHING!!!!!

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Service was hit or miss. Phones were not answered and the laundry we asked to have picked up was never picked up. I would not recommend. Certainly not a 5 star experience. Beds we're uncomfortable and the pillows had stuffing coming out of them. Kids room was dirty. The water came out of the tap at first, it was rusty. All the fixtures we're rusty.

The location was lovely.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The hotel is a bit old, you can find that in the main toilets, the room toilet. But other than that it was an amazing stay.

The location, the room were amazing. The staff at the restaurant serving the breakfast were so helpful in an impressive way. My bad that I didn't catch the names of the waiters and the chef responsible for the omelette/pancakes. I would like to thank all the staff for their hospitality and sense of service. I will definitely come back.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Bathroom needs slight update balcony furniture cheap plastic and very uncomfotsble

The staff were wonderful the food really good The location excellent

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Let's see, where do I start? The original room they gave us was leaking from the ceiling, and I think more than one room in that wing had bad leaks, so they moved us to another one. The first night there was no hot water. The second night, the fixture holding the shower head in place fell off, so that also made for awkward showering. And then one day, they completely forgot to clean our room, and we had to repeatedly ask them to send someone to clean. To add icing to the cake, the gym wasn't open. Not a huge deal but on top of everything else it was frustrating. Its clear the building is very old and falling apart. There's potential there, but facilities are in bad need of renovation and updating.

good location, good breakfast; decent view if you were on the right side

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

When I agree on a price at check-in (refer Mr Nabil Boutros) and on check-out another staff member raises the price by more than 50% and couldn't be bothered to call the staff who were present at the check-in, as the computer was down after a blackout at time of check-out. No decent hotel in the world changes prices for service after telling the customer (even if they made a mistake) because that would be considered misrepresentation. Room facilities need maintenance - big time! Shower design is poor as water goes all over the place.

The nice gesture by staff of a glass of juice when check-in was delayed. The location is heavenly.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The whole stay was ok but the hotel is really run down and needs some maintenance. For instance the room door had to be slammed to make sure it is closed. The bathroom light switch was a bit loose and had to press a bit hard to make sure it switches on. I believe it's a great location for a hotel and has all the right potentials to be a great one but just needs a bit of investment to make it a really spectacular place.

The view is breathtaking with a great location on the Nile and the staff were friendly trying their best to help within their capabilities.

• Triple Room - Nile view

everything except, location, transportation to & from island.

I would never recommend it for anyone , GYM & Health club were out of order with no notification on your page on net, No WiFi in rooms!!, test of food is just fair.. the only good thing in the hotel is the location.....very disappointed.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

-Room was not prepared when I arrived (which was late at night and I was very tired)- Electricity did not work in room so I had to switch to another room - I called in advance to switch my room from 2 single beds to one double bed.. When I arrived I reminded them but was still given a room with two singles.. This was after I had already had to switch rooms because of electricity problem. It was so late and I had to wake up early the next day for a running event so I accepted the two single beds so I could go to sleep. I believe there was miscommunication due to language. - room was dusty and toilet was not clean - tv was old and did not work - wanted to make coffee in the room with the kettle provided but the kettle plug did not fit in the electric sockets. I called reception to have a cup of coffee sent up but it was never sent. I called reception 2 times and room service 1 time but nothing ever showed up. - the shower would switch from hot to freezing - the timing of the ferry was inconsistent and unfortunately caused me to miss the breakfast so I can't comment on the food

Location was beautiful... Staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful (even helped me get credit for my phone which is not a service they usually offer) The airport taxi was very reliable and the organizer was very friendly and helpful The view from the room was incredible

• Double or Twin Room Superior - Nile view

Rooms need to be a bit renovated, as the furniture is geetting old. Very weak wifi in the rooms.

The location is excellent. On-the-clock ferry ride to the other side, where once can see everything in Aswan, or take a boat right from the hotel bay to Nubian village and other destinations. The view, be it from the room or the restaurant, is enchanting!

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Hotel must have been very beautiful in the past. unfortunately it is now not very well maintened. prefer rooms in the main building. the secondary hall is only used during peak seasons therefore a lil dismissed.

Mr Sameh (from the excursion desk) made our 3 days trip the best: provided reliable drivers, clean cars and beautiful boats for our tours. we didnt get a guide (that was my 3rd time in Aswan) but of course he can provide. efficient, always on time, accomodated all our needs and flexible to satisfy our requests. i definitely suggest you ask for him once you are there, and trust me it is rare.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

This is the worst hotel ever compared to hotels with the same price !! I don't know how it is a 5Star hotel, it should only be 2 stars It could have been 5 stars but that was 15 years ago.. the hotel is very old and no maintenance has been done since years !! We waited too long for the boat to transfers us to and from the city. The boats were very old and noisy and produced a horrible Fuel / smoke smell Nothing was working in the room (All basic things that should be in any room were damaged or broken) We received a twin room instead of a king room because according to the receptionist" the hotel was fully booked" !! The room key was not working , the toilet was broken, a very old TV was in the room and showed not clear picture. The lighting was awful, random lamps with different lighting (mix of white and warm lamps ) The room design was awful, never saw a hotel room like that ! The twin beds were too small The duvet was very thin The toilet door did not close properly The soap, shampoo were terrible and had a disgusting smell, I was disgusted to use the soap to wash my face! The air conditioner was very very old and did not work, it only produced air. It was very noisy as well. we had to turn it off. The room was full of mosquitoes The room service did not answer the phone !!!!!! We had to carry our bags by ourselves because no one showed when we asked for someone to get the bags (This happened in checkin and checkout) For the amount of money I paid, I could have gone to another hotel with half this price and it would be a "Hotel" not a "MESS" like this one.

The location only Breakfast was ok, but the buffet was always very crowded.

• Single Room - Nile view

No wifi in rooms , use mosquitos pesticides from near pharmacy before the night comes down. The published price isn't the final.

Marvellous view and wide gardens , pool , various cafeterias

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No activities on the hotel, very few waiters on restaurants, only one elevator working and it was broken on one day so we carried our stroller down and up the stairs

The location and the view.. The terrace is the best

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

The night time manager was very rude. We were booked in for the 23rd of January, but they said they were over booked and we didn’t get our room until 4:00am the following day. We were told by the night manager to come back the next day.

The location. The day manager was very efficient.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

I didn't like the nonavailability of hot water and air conditioning (heat)

It is very nice. I like the location, natural scenes and river transportation

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Rooms and furniture were all dirty Firstly i book nile room , they changed and promised to give me in morning nile facing room but again i got the corner room

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Nothing was bad or average.we decided to come back on annual basis.

The hotel on island and river view was exceptional.beakfast with many varieties.staff was kind and helpful.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Felt slightly jaded and some parts look abandoned (tennis courts, mini golf etc) Suffers from lack of visitors

Friendly staff Comfy bed Fruit plate was a nice touch in the room Excellent sun bathing although the pool was cold (to be expected in January) Beautiful gardens and views no matter where you are in property Free shuttle boat to and from to the hotel (hard to find so look for the courthouse and Egypt air offices by the roundabout and the boat dock is on the other side)

• Triple Room - Nile view

Mosquitoes during the winter, The Nile is low and the back of the hotel turn to be a wetland

Boat shuttle to and from the hotel to the main land, location and view are great. Hibiscus drink is the best, they have their own field on the back of the hotel. Breakfast has a lot of variety. take away breakfast is good but can be better too.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Poor maintenance. Toilets were not cleaned during several days and were leaking. Staff at reception desk was not very helpful

Checking in was great. So was the breakfast service with delicious pancakes. We also loved the location.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Excellent place to stay relaxed away from the city crowdedness and traffic noise the boat shuttle service to the island is around the clock however the property needs a complete renovations one out of three lifts was working the baths need plumbing repair I believe the owner is not aware of the value of the place it was clear to me and agreed upon with our trip guiders that he is not investing in the place The food quality was below standard as they are using cheap materials

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

During one of the Open buffets for dinner, my wife noticed that a certain dish (Vegetable sauté) didn’t smell fresh/good. We reported the incident. The Staff were highly responsive and apologetic. In less than 5 minutes the dish was replaced with a new one.

The room was big, nicely lit and decorated. The bathroom was clean and had what I needed for bathing and washing up such as clean towels and sheets for the bed. The view on the Nile River and the Aswan sky line was spectacular. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and of high quality of cleanliness. The Staff are dedicated and friendly. The manager is extremely polite and made sure to shake hands with almost every guest in the Hotel. He is all over the place from sunrise to midnight, very energetic fellow and he knows how to run a good business. The Island offered a serene and private ambiance to my vacation. Lots of green spaces with ancient trees and many birds. The Isis Island offers a rare view of the Nile River specked by many granite islands that are just incredible to watch either form your room, the Italian Restaurant & spa or the small and cozy café. I also liked the hotel offers a free ferry boat (that woks a round the clock) to carry the guests to and fro the hotel to the Town of Aswan/the sites.

• Triple Room - Nile view

It's a relatively old hotel, with less than desired maintenance. Yet, all stuff work fine. Cleanliness of the rooms and place in general is good, but could be better. Comfy decorations and furniture but not luxurious. As I understand, tourism works only for two months in the winter, that's why there is no excess money to spend on luxury. Still, I think by visiting aswan, in addition to joyful and soul enriching experience, you also help the hardworking/poor locals to make a living

The location is fantastic, an island in the middle of the Nile, around the (corner), few minutes by boat, there is an island with an ancient temple, another with a classic hotel where Churchill and other legends stayed, an island where where you can find exotic plants from all over the globe, a museum, old tombs that you can go to by a camel!. Etc the staff is super nice, the locals in general are phenomenally kind and pure hearted, they will meet you with a nubian, from the heart, smile every single time. There is a live relaxing oriental local music band daily, which my mother couldn't skip any day. You can enjoy the relaxation and beauty of the Nile on the river banks or from your balcony view. Rooms are comfy, my room view was breath taking. Breakfast was fresh, variable, good quality and tasty, with a lot of healthy and vegan varieties beside sausages and local Egyptian recipes. The boat from the island to the main street is free and 24hrs available. They take care of your luggage whatever number and weight, they also help people with health conditions like my parents Even for me as an Egyptian, aswan was a WONDERFUL experience, and the hotel was very satisfactory

Nothing to dislike 🙂

The Manager Mohammed was amazing, he is always available and always visible. He always takes a few minutes out to talk to you. So helpful and kind, he gave us lot’s of tips, pointed us in the right direction and always treated us with great respect and care. The hotel has a real family atmosphere, live instruments playing every night in the lounge area. The men were also great and played with great passion. By the end of the week, we felt so at home, we were sad to leave. Thanks to Mohammed. This doesn’t happen often, just shows how well we were cared for. Any issues we’re dealt with promptly. The restaurant staff were also brilliant, helped the children with their little needs too. On our last day, the table was beautiful, scattered with fresh flowers , at the table we usually sit at. The boats are so frequent, always clean and prompt. Thank You Pyramisa for the lovely care, lovely holiday and we will definitely meet again.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The air condition is not working inside the rooms and the hotel management seems to know this in advance without trying to warn the guest or exert effort to fix it. seems that most guests were complaining about the same problem. The hotel systems are very old and not maintained including elevator, elevator doors. some buttons inside and outside the elevator are not working properly.

The hotel design is great, the location is great, site viewing is great. the service staff are very friendly as well.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

It is a Hotel not a resort and a spa.

The General Manager was always around since the check in to check out. Staff were very friendly, rooms were great and the location is awesome. Breakfast was really good.

• Single Room - Nile view

Really select.Great island location,making it very secure,with frequent enough ferry shuttle.I had room on 5th floor with great view of a small slow-flowing Nile tributary,where a lot of birds collected and waded.Staff very helpful and attentive

Furniture bit old WIFI is only available in the Lobby

It was my first time in Aswan and I really found the Hotel so quiet Lovely located in a Private island over the Nile river where you can find a ferry transfer 24h . Great Space and lovely Garden . Staff are so friendly and helpful . Spacious room and Amazing view of the Nile from my room .

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Nothing to add great time had by us both..can't add any other coments.overall very very good see you again in the near future we hope good luck to you all and thankyou.

Very cofortable beds rooms great and staff very kind and helpful. Will visit again very soon.n

• Single Room - Nile view

No WIFI. Bed sheets were horrible. TV wasn’t working. The hotel would have been very good back in the nineties - so outdated.

The staff were helpful and cooperative. Comfy beds. Flexible check out.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

The hotel is a small resort but unfortunately not well maintained.

Hospitality of the staff is excellent, they tried there best to make our stay as relaxing as possible, especially the management.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

location was perfect, views all surrounded by river breathtaking views, relaxing gardens, quite atmosphere and plenty of birds. very warm welcoming and friendly staff always with smile and happy face

• Single Room - Nile view

Not all the sockets work and the wiring is scary. The pool area was not clean. And there is no spa!

The staff was very helpful and eager to please. I like Egyptian bread (pita bread) which is not normally served. But they had it for me every morning without me reminding them. Room service is quick, the towel art on the bed is delightful. I was upgraded to a corner suite with a fantastic view. Very beautiful.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Our room was not the same like what we booked via booking.com. The room was so poor. We arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night , so they can not do anything for us. But next day in the morning we got a room upgrade and our new room was excellent. Big bathroom, comfortable bed, and beautiful Nile wiew.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Single Room - Nile view

Despite its 5 star rating, don't expect Ritz decor, but do count on very good value for money

Wonderful location, lots of space, extensive gardens, good food and service, personal attention from general manager. Quiet and secure. Evidence of effective management and unfolding improvements.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

the staffs are not helpful. Also, they replied the e mail that could pick up us at Aswan airport but no one there at that time.

the Nile's view from the room was really nice

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Facilities were a bit run down, the plumbing in the room we got was terrible. Otherwise the view was magnificent and the staff very nice.

Veggies were very fresh. The view was magnificent and the staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Chalet

Very few of the staff gave more than a couple of words of English. It took us a long time to arrange a trip to the Philae light show (a main Aswan attraction) and even then it didn't materialise and we had to make our own arrangements. Phone calls were unanswered though the manager said it is because Booking.com have not updated the phone number. It is a lovely hotel but a bit faded and the edges where more maintenance is needed and the lack of English makes it a little more ideal for Arabic speaking guests. There are several shops in the hotel but it took a long big time for them to find a key to open when I wanted to buy something.

The General Manager spoke good English and gave us an upgrade. The breakfasts were great with a very big buffet selection and a chef on duty cooking omelettes and pancakes to order. The island is quiet and very clean, a beautiful rest from the bustle of the Corniche on the East bank. The free ferry is helpful.

• Triple Room - Nile view

The bed sheets were used, they were not clean and we had to call them to change! The bathroom was flood with water when we checked in!! We had to call someone to fix it. The food quality was poor. There is no wifi. It's a shame they have such a nice location and the operation is very poor.

Location and Nile view

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

All resaurants and bars were closed when we got there. Hotel must have been nice in the past but is severely run down and outdated nowadays. Front desk staff speak minimal English...feels And looks like a 3 star hotel in the 80s. Tour guide said he could have got the hotel for less than half the price as tourist prices are highly over inflated.

Nice views..regular ferries to and fro to the hotel. Outdoor landscaping is relatively decent too

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Cleanliness should be better as its a 5 star hotel, hot water issue took long time to be resolved, bed is slipping over the floor ground!!

Spectacular location .. value for money .. free ferry trip from and to hotel is amazing.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The menu prices are very high as well the tourist counter in the hotel is extremely expensive and doesn't give extra service just giving high rates you will get very less rates from outside as well boats rates at the hotel is very high

The location is good and the calm

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Chalet

I requested a queen bed Nile view and I was given twin room then I changed it the day after due to unavailability to my request The service could be better... The bed sheets were not clean the rooms need maintenance TV was very old... The reception managers replied to my request for changing the room rate from Nile view to garden view that I sacrificed my Nile view booking with a more tidy clean room as I have to get one not both which was very unprofessional... Finally breakfast was poor and not fresh This 5 stars hotel could be fascinating if they care more for the maintenance and customer service

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

We come back every two years. Location is magic and crossing the nil with the hotel boat is magic specially at sun set. restaurant has made huge improvement and staff is very friendly (12-2016 )

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Single Room - Nile view

There was some confusion about pick up for trips - whether from the hotel lobby or the ferry jetty. I'm sure a policy could be clarified.

The staff were wonderful Made be feel very comfortable in every way - particularly as I was travelling alone.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The place was beautiful, with excellent service and great accommodation. The pools are great too and sunsets are breathtaking. Also, easy access to city through the boat service. Will stay here next time I'm in Aswan.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Triple Room - Nile view

I booked a triple room-nile view for my family (it clearly state NILE VIEW there) but what we got was a room with its balcony facing the garden landscape. The room was dusty and the shower pipe was dysfunction.

The view was amazingly beautiful and breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Far from downtown, needs to ride the ferry boat provided by the hotel. The hot weather adds to the unpleasantness. Aircon is not working well. Food service is slow.

Comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room - Nile view

Room was very basic. No internet in rooms.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No wireless internet is working

Clean and friendly staff

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Karkade at check in was so delicious and chilling

• Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Absolutely everything, it’s a boring hotel with absolutely no soul or beauty. Old Cataract is way way way better

The view

Prices, activities, bathroom

Old facilities.

The hotel is big with nice view on the island. The staffs are nice to help.

• Double or Twin Room Superior - Nile view

Variety of food for breakfast and cleanliness of room

All drinks to pay

View from room and well kept garden

Cleanliness