Reviews of Monte Carlo Sharm Resort & Spa 5 stars

Om El Seed Cliff, 99999 Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

#43 of 127 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh

• Deluxe Room Pool View

Saving of chairs around the pool, guest would go out prior to breakfast and reserve multiple seats and then not use them for 3 - 4 hours. No bathroom close to the private beach.

This was a pleasant step up from a previous location. The staff is freindly and eager to help with anything. The food in the lounge was superb! Many thanks to Mohammad at reception for getting us settled and allowing us to just relax and enjoy our time.

The pick up on arrival did not happen - they said they were there but we didn't find them! Internet – not great in terms of availability, speed ok for social media but not for work. Hair dryer, iron & ironing board were useless unless you wanted to hit someone with them!

We had a really great week here. This hotel was formerly the Ritz Carlton but changed ownership some years back. People – can’t praise them enough, despite extremely long days they’re cheerful, friendly, service minded, fun and always helpful. Reception, common areas indoors and the rooms were modern all kept really clean, but the outside area showing some signs of age. Really comfortable beds, good bathroom and well-functioning aircon system. Food – generally very good and varied, something to suit all ages and diets 😊 All round a great stay – thanks very much to you all at the Monte Carlo.

• Deluxe Room Pool View

They have very poor WiFi. I did not find any indication of five star. It is much expensive than the services it offers I changed my room because they gave me other room than what I requested in booking. Even the hotel has a lot of free rooms

They gave us a very far room, the AC was very poor, we edited our stay to one night only because our reservation was non refundable. they told us that they will move us to nearer rooms the follwong nights, we reserved through the front desk and moved to a better room. Most of the staff is unfriendly with egyptians, Mr Yakoot and Mr Osama ,the managers, handled this problem when we told them about it. Another thing is they dont tell all the details frankly,they wait after you reserve and then tell you, we went to check the spa and jacuzzi and none told us that it must be reserved earlier, we only knew it when we wanted to use it. Overall its a moderate hotel but doesnt deserve the amount of money we paid.

Mr Yakoot and Mr Osama are the only positives during our stay

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The hotel was supposed to be a beach front, but the beach is all rocks so can't get in to the water (slippery rocks) Up normal rules for dining in the hotel restaurants After 5:30 PM can't move around the hotel because of mosquitos

Room view Some staff were really helpful and apparently they have regulations to provide customer oriented service

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Food on the whole was average and we could have done with more fresh fruit and a bit more variety.

The staff were excellent specially Mohammed at reception went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. Our rooms were kept immaculately clean by Mohammed Saleem! The pool is amazing and the location is great.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Can improve on running more services from pool rooms to beach

Friendly Staff , Great Service and most important that all staff willing to help. Excellent Management and F And B Director who goes out of his way to help.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Room Pool View

If it wasn't for the animation team the place would have been completely quite. The place needs more activities at night.

Nice View, great staff, beautiful place. Best people to deal with during your stay: Mondi animation team leader and his team Marcelo, Dina, Filx, Esraa, and Fox - Hosien at the bar - Alsafti at the reception desk they were great help and very fun guys. Thank you friends me and my cousin had a great time.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

bed linen are awful - old & with rolls; in restaurant during meal - always crowd, not enough tables for all guests

nice territory

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The food is not perfect and the Chinese food is very bad

The staff was helpful the view was amazing and the room was amazing

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

comfortable stay in very clean and calm place

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Its my 2n visit to the resort ;i like the welcoming through very professional staff ; and relay clean and comfortable room with a great facilities

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

The food is tooo bad ...no have facilitated on room

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Very poor breakfast

Specailty dinning

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Excellent service with very nice attitude from all staff ; room luxury and comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

the ask for 30$ when I ask for 2 hour late check out . they don't say the location of the dinner and you have to walk all way around to find it.

will, I stay there for 8 nights. and I was out for more 80% of the day . so I can not say any thing about it.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

A couple of the restaurants weren't great one night we got left alone in the Indian restaurant as all the staff walk out.

The staff were amazing and very welcoming

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Not 5 star, feel conned and ripped off Paid extra for sea view hoping we were going to be treated like royalty - nope rude staff, very unhygenic catering - dirty plates, cutlery and glasses consistantly every day understaffed, poorly managed would not even rate it 3 star never mind 5. do not book this hotel if you are expecting 5 star service! I dont want you to go through the pain i went through!

Nice property, great beach, great sea - however the property is mis managed and neglected. I dont know how on earth this property is rated five stars. I paid extra for sea view however view was obstructed by trees. Food is horrible - vomiting Cleanliness is poor in catering and resaurants rooms (some) are very nice but pot luck

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Food very very bad and between to eat in McDonald's than in the hotel

The animiation team are good and do their best to satisfy the guests even thought the lack of the ideas Waleed , Ahmed and Mohmed are great bartenders

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

We ordered a taxi one evening and it was 35 minutes late - it is only something minor but if you are ordering a taxi let yourself plenty of time!

The hotel was lovely, most of the staff were so friendly and helpful. Ahmed at reception stood out and was fantastic. The new gift shop next to the restaurant was very nice and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

It needs more experianced persons, specially security and reception. What was so strange is to close airconditions in the lobby daily from 10pm

All is good

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

1) Room Service ( I asked 2 times for ice and it took 90 minutes ) 2) Not helpful reception staff ( when I called the room service and they didn't answer; I called the reception for 3 times and he just told me I already call them) 3) very quite hotel at night ( usless night entertainment) 4) No water sports on the beach

1) big rooms 2) very little arabic customers (95% Russians) 3) food varieties

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

We've booked seafront room. After our arrival I was asked to pay the pay immediately. I've asked to see the room first and the receptionist replied the it's not possible before I pay. I paid ~1 700 USD after which we were dragged to a smelly garden view room. I objected, thinking this is just a mistake. After this discussion took about two hours. At the end, I was explained that they will not give me the seafront room which I booked and paid for, because we have 8 years old kid - nonsense. The receptionist said, smiling arrogantly, "take what we give you, it's already 12.30 in the evening and they look tired" pointing at the kid and my wife. Luckily, I was able to manage to get a taxi and to escape in the middle of the night with wife and kid to another hotel. I have received refund to my card on the next day. So, if you are looking to be humiliated, make to look stupid, etc - this is your place!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

When we arrived around 10 pm were told to pay the full amount straightaway, which was a bit strange as bills are usually paid at the end of the stay. The hotel also does NOT accept Amex cards, despite they are advertised as method of payment on booking.com, we lost money on the exchange rate as well as on BA Miles. Also for some reason amount was calculated in USD and charge applied in USD instead of local currency so we incurred additional non UK transaction fees and exchange from Egyptian currency into USD and then into GBP, which is crazy!!!!! I was £69 down just because of that!!!! When this was mentioned to the management they apologised but did not even offer any compensation whatsoever. Booking.com is not accepting responsibility for the Amex card either and states that they only act as booking agent, which is a trading standard issue, imagine if I did not have any other cards with me!!! On the day of departure I had to change for the 6 pm flight in the lobby toilet as we were kicked out at 12pm and there is no shower or changing facilities. Staff on the beach use strange rude expressions which they picked up from tourists without knowing actual meaning and should not be applied to customers. They also sometimes refuse to give you drinks saying no juice or its finished or bar closed unless you tip them and tip well. Local drinks are killers of low quality local alcohol so be careful what and how much you drink. Premium drinks are not included and they are crazy expensive. All inclusive on booking.com means only buffet/breakfast/lunch/dinner same restaurant and you are only limited to that free choice, rest of 6 restaurants and bars are chargeable and prices are London Knightsbridge! Beach towels are only given by cards and if you loose card its $35. Generally good hotel but all depends how much you pay. If Hilton or Marriott are same price better avoid Monte Carlo.

Amazing mature gardens, which can benefit from more experienced landscapers/gardeners, instead of trimming hedges they simply rip them to the bottom leaving empty branches that take ages to recover from "gardening" techniques

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Food was pretty average. The hotel was also pretty full of Russians who were rude to other guests and to the staff.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Pretty hotel and lovely rooms. Club Lounge worth the extra.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2015

The only thing I would complain about is the room service knocking too often while I was sleeping to clean the room however I didn't put up the do not disturb sign.

The staff are great speaking in all different languages with an amazing sense of humor. It's rather cheap compared to other star hotels and is so much more beautiful then the Hilton and the other well known hotels. The location is 160% gorgeous located directly on the beach and rather mountainous and green within the premises. Rooms are incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious and very convenient.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Tous

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Everything.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Food wasn't good at all

The stuff is perfect and kind

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

The limousine service inside the hotel is too much expensive comparing by taxis outside

Every thing specially the friendly staff

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

the view and peaple

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

food taste not good

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

their understanding of the word customer

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Monte Carlo Sharm Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery