Reviews of Hotel Novotel Cairo El Borg 4 stars

3 Saray El Gezirah, Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt

#40 of 173 hotels in Cairo

short break
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

Its very noisy so Ok if you are a night owl as the outside music from the local open air night club and river boats goes until sunrise.

Staff were very good.

I must admit the overall stay was nice
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The breakfast is almost the same stuff every day. The refreshments in the guest room are overpriced making the guest reluctant to use any item. The lobby is too small for the guests waiting to be serviced.

The location is excellent making every thing handy In Cairo. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Amazing staff with great view and location
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

- staff was very nice and helpful, they decorate the room with baloney, cake, cookies and hearts for our anniversary.. love what they did so much special thanks to marwa sadek for her extraordinary effort - the view was amazing and location is near to city centre. - the room was clean

Staff were extremely nice and helpful.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Only one small thing, during Ramadan there were a few restrictions we weren’t aware of before coming.

Staff were extremely nice and helpful. They prepared balloons, a sign and a cake for my birthday. We were not expecting this and it was a really nice personal touch for me.

excellent staff and excellent hostel
    • Superior Double Room City Side

the receiption manager is very nice and helpful for us. he help us during the checkin and we have very good communcation , i feel the friendship from him, and l see the best performance of Egypt from him. ohh, his name is Maotaz Salah. hope to go to Egypt again and hope to stay in the hotel again.

The property has a great location and very nice views of the...
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

I booked a double room for my mom and I. Once I checked in, the person at the front desk told me that the reservation was for 1 person and not 2. I don’t know how that happened but it really shouldn’t have mattered because I booked and paid for a double room. They were trying to charge me an additional $30 a night for the small technical error. I was really upset about this charge and asked to speak to the manager. He agreed to reduce it to $30 additional for the 3 night. However I still think there was no reason to charge extra. I had paid in advance so couldn’t get a refund, otherwise I would have changed hotels immediately. I would not ever stay at this hotel again.

The property has a great location and very nice views of the Nile River.

Very comfortable stay, friendly welcoming staff.
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Room service lost our order but it was rectified and the quality when it arrived was very good.

The bed was fantastically comfortable - i had the best nights sleep of our trip. Reception told me new beds had been put in the rooms - great move!!!

Horrible Service
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The worst service we have experienced in any hotel: when we asked for anything (extra towels, bathrobe, problem with the tv remote, or problems with the keycard, laundry, etc.) we had to call several times and they just tell you "ok, it is coming", but it did not. Every single time we ended up going down to the reception to get things done ourselves. They also tried to charge us a laundry that we did not order, and only after I asked for an explanation of the detailed bill (because of the strangely high price), the receptionist "realized" this. The hotel also has a taxi service in the lobby that tried to charge us 10 times the cost of a normal taxi, for a normal taxi! And the person tried to trick us with the exchange rate, as we paid in euros. The pool clerk did not allow us to take the towels upstairs! So we had to go wet into the elevator. Terrible service. Unacceptable for the price we paid. We complained about this when we checked out and they offered us a BOTTLE OF WATER as compensation for all the troubles!!!! And then asked us to give them a 5 star review... here I give 0 stars! You do not diserve more. Not to mention that the hotel allows people to smoke everywhere including the non-smoking floors, it smells like cigarette everywhere inside.

Only the location

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Poor Customer service from Front Office Team, Poor Check-in experience by Mr. Karim, smelly room with mosquitoes impacting my sleep (which was only for 5 hrs due to my flight delay & my morning appointment), uncomfortable toilet chair (may be a handicapped room), I asked for 2 wake-up calls & I got only 1, No one answers the phone in both operators & front desk in the morning of Check-out day (No idea what a guest should do in case of a serious problem) since I had to call 3 times with phone ringing nearly for 2 min each & yet no answer, no care of guest nutrition needs (I requested my Spanish omelets in the breakfast buffet to be without onions & I got it with full off onions although I spoke to the chef in Arabic and I was forced to eat it so I can finish my breakfast & be able to catch-up with my appointment) and last but not least the big lack of professionalism to handle my dissatisfaction upon Check-out by both Front Office Team & the Duty Manager especially their trials to minimize my complaints above to only the onions in my omelets.

Good Location with easy access to road and different means of transport

Disappointing. The staff smiled to my face buy wanted money to do their job.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The staff. After telling me to wait 6 hours to get my room. Then he tells me to pay 60 dollars extra. As I said why he puts it down to 40. Then says special price 30 ... it was different to talk from one or the other. One is helpful the other wants money. I could have slept anywhere else for 60 dollars. Why make me wait to then ask me for 60 dollars off the record to then make it a "special price" 30 dollars.

Good facitilties

Great value in the middle of Cairo
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

The rooftop "lounge" is a bit of a misnomer and a huge disappointment - but the staff were so friendly, it was impossible to get upset

Great location, extraordinary value for a hotel with a Nile view and only minutes away from many key Cairo attractions. Staff were both helpful and friendly - a very big deal, in my opinion. The room was much larger than expected.

Location was good.
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

No walk in restaurants nearby. Variation in the Breakfast was low.

Location was good. Rooms neat and good. Closer to River Nile and Bridge where you can talk a good walk. Food was good.

Noisy, messy, dry hotel
    • Superior Double Room River Side

The hotel is old, sound isolation almost not existing, noise from the Nile boats terrible till some 23:00 in the evening. Complete mess on my invoice according to the credit card charges. No way to get in contact with the hotel afterwords. Completely unprofessional. The hotel is below the Novotel standard, which is fairly middle in general.

The view if you get the room on the right side.

Will never stay there again
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

Evrything .. Staff were very rude .. rooms were dirty. Mosquitos in the room .. breakfast was below average and no taste at all .. simply everything was bad

its in walking distance to downtown Cairo.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

I booked a non smoking room, but the hole floor was smelling of sigaretts. In my room there was ashtray, and matches. There was smoking in the lobby. and by the pool. I tryed to ask the reception on advice a few times, but got no good answers. I am thinking abaut writing to the chains head office in France, to tell them abaut my experiance.

its in walking distance to downtown Cairo.

The breakfast was good - range of food on offer.

One of the rooms was a triple. However, on no day (we stayed three nights) were they able to leave towels for three people. And it took an age for housekeeping to bring the extra towels.

The breakfast was good - range of food on offer.

Worth it...
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

A pair of slippers seem to have been secreted away by the cleaning staff. How odd...

My mother was visiting me in Cairo and I took to stay there. She was ecstatic with the view of the river and hardly wanted to go out of the room!

The taxis we could book through the hotel were extremely...
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The taxis we could book through the hotel were extremely expensive (five times the price of Uber) and despite the staff knowing that we were going to the airport and wanted to leave promptly at the booked time of 5am the driver entirely failed to arrive on time. We had to wake up various members of staff including the taxi driver before finally setting off some 20 minutes late. This was a very poor end to the stay.

I was happy about my stay , and hotel location is perfect , just need to improve breakfast food !
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

quality of the food need to be a lot improved, no variety if you stay 1 week you have exactly same buffet everyday

the location of the hotel is amazing near everything , amazing nile view !

Great Nile view.
    • Superior Double Room River Side

The room felt a bit dated, with things chipped or scratched up. There was a lack of attention to detail in cleaning - for example smudges on the windows.

Great Nile view.

It was just fine but never again
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The room is not clean enough and the mattress are very old and dirty when I opened the covers and the bed is very low almost on the floor

The food is good

Stingy hotel management
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Location is very nice. Staff are very nice.

Room service is very bad, I asked for slippers they gave promises but no one come back until the checkout. Room lack of and/or old facilities. Bathrooms below standard. Breakfast are is small.

I stay onE week In Egypt divring my stay one fo West hotel...
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

I stay onE week In Egypt divring my stay one fo West hotel is novotel belg Service is very very bad all of them from reciption to room service there is dented kit! Know shaving kit if u ask u should call 3 to 4 times and expected delivery time is more then 44 min for a call !

Adequate - nothing special
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Restaurant: Went to have dinner and was informed that due to a party being there, we could not sit on the edge and would have to be in the middle of the restaurant with no view. Note that the party had yet to begin and likely not all of these people were guests of the hotel. Worked out well, took an Uber to the north side of the island and had an amazing dinner right on the river for half the price. Taxi: $50 to the airport? What a ripoff. Cost us $5 with Uber. Staff: Can't decide between unhappy and ok for the smile choices. Only interacted with the staff on two occasions, the restaurant (see above) and checking in. Checking In: Our tour got done early, so went to see if we could check in at 1:00 pm and had to wait. Fair enough... but, always a but, right? If I give reception our passports and they tell me to wait, I expect them to return the passports in a reasonable time. About 20 minutes later, they told me to wait for 10, I returned to the desk and asked about the passports. They made photocopies at that time and returned them to me. That is unacceptable. Believe we waited about 30 minutes, which is totally fine for an early check in.

Location: Centrally located for many sightseeing spots, either within walking or use an Uber. View: The Nile is no different than any other wide river, but still beats looking at a parking lot or another building! Comfort and Cleanliness: About what you would expect from a Novotel, above average.

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Everything was perfect with one exception. Upon checkout I had to pay a bill and was told to pay in cash as the card machine wasn't working. I paid and was told to wait 5 minutes for my change. After 5 minutes, I walked back to reception and asked for my change. The man shrugged. This did annoy me as there was not even an apology. I left because I had a flight. The day after, I received an email from the hotel demanding payment for the bill I had already paid in cash. I replied and told them this. Currently no apologies received. What a shame

Very clean and comfortable. Modern design. Breakfast was good

It was near the metro
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The reception just didnt offer the extra help, even if u have a problem they just dont care. Their tours is very expensive it almost double what you get just outside the door

It was near the metro

I had booked through online but when i checked inn they have...
    • Superior Double Room City Side

I had booked through online but when i checked inn they have shifted me to differect hotel by saying that they have upgrated me for a day but actually they dont have any room for me. and on same day tey have take case in usd from me even i had paid through my credit card.when i complain and asked for return the excess money they have taken three day to return the same amount by giving some excuse. Even they have given me old and Tattered usd currency and when i ask to replace they have told me that this is not his and after seeing in cctv then only they have changed,

The location was good.
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

The internet in the rooms is horrible! When it worked it was slow. This hotel does not have an alcohol licences...so if you want to have a drink walk over to one of the near by hotels. Also the restaurant is expensive with a dismal selection for lunch and dinner...breakfast was good and reasonable.

The location was good. Walking distance to the Egyptian museum and Cairo tower. Also, to other hotels such as Sofitel, Fourseasons, Hilton. The breakfast was good and had a different selection each morning.

• Superior Double Room River Side

If you are considering bike view.. think twice! Coz the boats beside the hotel has loud music alll night. The hotel facility is tooooo crowded no space in the entrance the restaurant or roof.

• Superior Twin Room City Side

The service wasn’t good, couldn’t pay by card I had to go out of the hotel to withdraw money! No Alcohol available. the smell of the room was bad when first entered, I ordered a makroni with white sauce and mushroom and it was a makroni with cream of mushroom soup packet added wasn’t good!

Only the location

Every things was excellent, great location, very helpful...
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Every things was excellent, great location, very helpful staff and delicious breakfast. Special thanksgiving to Ms Hiba she was very helpful and respect.

Location .
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Breakfast wasn't good and the restaurant area too small and crowded. Reception staff cold attitude and not professional.. they tend to say NO instead of thinking how to help you.

Location .. amazing view of the Nile.. room cleaning girls are the best and doing great job.

It was OK. Not a dump but not luxurious. I’d try another place next time.
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

It was average. It is starting to look old and worn out. Bed was clean but around base boards and other parts of room we dirty and old. Not anyone’s fault. Just the rooms and facility are old.

Nice and pleasant stay with family
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Slow check in. Due to the inconvenience they upgraded our room to Nile view.

Very nice and well kept hotel. Non smoking rooms are perfect for families. Good and several options for breakfast. Clean rooms. Hotel is located on a very nice area, very close to the Opera, Cairo tower and a very nice and well kept small park. Walking distance to National museum. Staff was nice and helpful.

We enjoy the hotel's ubication, the rooms cleaning;
    • Superior Double Room City Side

I feel cheated because the night that i arrived the hotel the employer didn't help me in the solution of the lost of my bank credit card; even when i payed all the count two months before the trip.

We enjoy the hotel's ubication, the rooms cleaning; the attention of some of the employers and the quality of the buffet's breakfast.

Would not hesitate to recommend.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

It would have been ideal to order wine & beer.

The bed was very comfortable and the Nile view was lovely. The front desk and cleaning staff were very helpful. The breakfast was really good. The rooftop restaurant was very good and the wait staff were extremely accommodating.

Amazing hotel and great location
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

It's true that they have Non-smoking rooms, but because of the air condition, you might get smokes from other rooms if there are any smoking rooms on the same floor. But luckily for that, the staff is always there to give other suitable solutions for their guests.

I had great reviews from my colleague whom I reserved a room for. She liked it so much that I reserved the same hotel in her another trip to Cairo. Twice in 1 month.

The location, breakfast
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

The parking being very far and the security not mentionning that, and the queues for breakfast, cleanliness of rooms, corridors smelt of toilet sewage, linens were torn, check out was very bad.

The location, breakfast

Wifi didn’t work in my room the first day.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Wifi didn’t work in my room the first day. Personnel solved the issue with the WiFi network only after I insisted during 2 days to solve it. The sports center is poorly equipped and for my surprise It was closed the second day of my stay.

It was not pleasure to stay I will not repeat it again and reserve in the same hotel
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

Breakfast always the same almost everyday The bath room has bad smell They charge me extra money at the check out without using the mini bar.

The Roof restaurant The view of the Reem

The location was good though there is no shop or resturants very closeby.
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Difficulty in communication. The room service on-call staff, and the staff in general (except reception) can barely communicate in English. Called for few room services but will have to remind them, still for 1-2 times there was nothing done or they were helpless. The electric plugs could be generic in nature (atleast in such international chain hotel) had to buy an adaptor for my UK plug. Cleanliness can be improved. The service can be improved.

The location and view from top.

Best place in cairo
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The restaurant could have some more things For dinner

Wonderful place. The breakfast was as good as it gets. City center. Staff was very smiley and made Our stay better

• Superior Double Room River Side

All iron was broken. I couldn't sleep well because of loud music from outside. the door of the shower wasn't there and the water go out. long check in time.

Good location, don't choose nile side room if you like quite room
    • Superior Double Room River Side

I had a room on Nile side, which had beautiful view of the Nile, however at night there are party boats on the Nile and they make LOTS of noise (loud music) this continued till late night. For this reason I would not choose this hotel again. For the rest hotel is ok.

Location was good, on the Nile island, so next to Nile. Breakfast buffet ok. Price hotel ok.

• Superior Twin Room River Side

the breakfast should have more Iteams. cause all customer's are not arabs or related to arab food..as people has praised a lot about the Breakfast but it was not what i have read Honestly.it is just a normal breakfast ..they dnt even have water dispenser

we booked the Normal king room with Nile view. but the reception Guy gave me the biggest room in the Hotel which was supreme superior Suit room with Nile View for Free . my family was very happy with the stay and the breakfast was awsome . and the staff are very helpful and the moest important i like the Travel Office inside the Hotel as it helped me a lot to see the good places in Cairo. and they also helped me to make calls to book the Food online. and the Top roof Restaurant is awesome i loved it the view of river Nile. i would thank them and recommend other to visit this hotel with very good rate

• Superior Twin Room River Side

Large square pillows - please provide 'normal' pillows.

The hotel has a good location in Zamalek (one can walk to the Egyptian Museum), great service from the staff, very good breakfast with lots of diversity, amazing views of the Nile (from a river side room). The wifi has been improved too and is fast and reliable. I have stayed here several times and will come back in future.

Location good, but overall average
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Rooms were clean. Glad the money exchange machine worked properly! That was great as a lot of machines gave us problems around Cairo. Easy to get a taxi.

Ambiance was good , breakfast was good and Roof top...
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Room Service was too poor very limited staff also staff was not courteous. Check In response was too cold they charges USD 50 for early check IN that is really not good very limited vegetarian option in Menu for dinner and in Breakfast.

Ambiance was good , breakfast was good and Roof top restaurant and view from it was excellent.

Courteous crew, nice restaurant, location, view towards the...
    • Superior Double Room River Side

I booked Superior room which was shown as a room with one double bed & a sofa bed, whereas the room given to me with 2 double beds, a conjusted compact room. Also as shown in photo, bathroom has a bath-tub but not. Limited option in Breakfast menu..... No Parking space.

Courteous crew, nice restaurant, location, view towards the Nile ...

Totally Recommended
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

the internet connection was poor and we spent one night with no internet at all.

location is perfect. rooms are big & clean with big windows viewing the Nile. breakfast buffet was delicious. hotel has a spectacular rooftop terrace with big screens & shisha. great value of money.

We met one very helpful and polite receptionist.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Didn't put the extra bed since we asked more than 5 times, even we put it on our booking request when we booked it. There is a young girl from receptionist team, she was really rude to me and my Mum.

We met one very helpful and polite receptionist. Thanks for that!

• Superior Twin Room City Side

Old facilities The people here doesn’t help at all The first day (i stayed 3 nights)when I checked in I realized that I booked a city room view So I asked to upgrade it to the River view room with extra charge The reception says yes time would give a river side one But they didn’t I went to the reception like 6 times and finally I only got one night staying in a river side view Very low efficiency Bit angry with that

great location great breakfast

Great location, less than regular hotel
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

Staff not helpful, at the reception they couldn't give us any advice and only referred us to the tourist agency of the hotel which costs a lot and tell you big lies!!! Facilities are mediocre, coffee only available the first day, they replaced only 1 towel and the 2nd one required 5 calls to the reception and 2 hours delay to get it. Wi-Fi was broken and took more than 24hours to get fixed.

Perfect location with amazing view on the Nile. Very good breakfast.

The hotel, very well situated for all kind of visits , was...
    • Superior Double Room City Side

The hotel, very well situated for all kind of visits , was very quiet at night, it surprised me in a very nice way. Breakfast was very complete and tastefully.good coffee. Staff very friendly and helpful I would recommend this hotel

Value for money
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Breakfast needs more variation of international foods and entrance of the hotel is too narrow that every time I stand in front of the hotel, I need to see whether cars are comming. House keeping needs more elaborations - sometimes they didn't put coffees and forgot to place complementary water in the room.

Smoking in the hotel

Nice location in Cairo
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

The restaurant at breakfast was very crowded The hotel is very overpriced for Egypt

Excellent location on the banks of the Nile. Lovely breakfast, free WIFI Very comfortable bed and room temperature

• Superior Double Room River Side

The staff were rude The receptionists barely answer the phone and when we went down to the front desk they are almost never there (it is weird not to find employees on the front desk) We reserved and paid for a double room with Nile view and we were given a room with two single beds and a small chair and it smelled so bad (the rug was unclean and the bathroom had the worst smell, room number 3002). We asked to change the rooms but the rude receptionist said "this is what you get we are fully booked" so we asked to speak to the manager who moved us to a more decent room on floor number 5. The bathrooms are very dirty, you can find hair on the floor. The bed sheets are not changed and the room was even below average. We will definitely not be staying here again.

Nice hotel, not luxury, but quite good for the price and comfortable. Clean and nice location.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

I wouldn´t call gym to the tiny room with a few bicycles and running machines that they have. No weights or another machines. That could be improved. The top restaurant is fine, but I´d rather to have healthier food and more typical Egyptian food instead of pizzas or Indian food as offer.

I liked the location and cleanness of the place. Also the staff was very helpful and nice. Breakfast met my expectations and more. They did not have my room ready when I arrived, because of maintenance works, and they sent me one night to a more expensive hotel for that night. I understand that sometimes there are unexpected situations, so I did not comply about what happened with my room, as long as they have an acceptable solution, and that was the case. Also the allow me to do the check out late.

Shown İnternet price at the pırchase increased too much at...
    • Superior Double Room River Side

Shown İnternet price at the pırchase increased too much at the end. I bought a room for 252 usd + approx. 25% tax. ( which is around 320 usd) but I recognized that 400 usd is charged from my credit card. I am sure that there is a legal provision fır that but it is not good to see the whole price at the beginning. I am not happy about this feature at booking.com

Everthing was good expect the hotel staff
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Room service during checkout claimed that I used items from the mini bar, which I never used. Feels like room service people are dishonest.

Food is good

Amazing hotel
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

The hotel is located on the nile river, the view from the room is speechless, the staffs and services are very good, they have various choice of meals in the two restaurants, the view from the top roof cafe is spectacular you can see the nile and enjoy the view while you are in, will definitely stay there for my next vacation.

Fun stay with a view and accessible location to most Cairo's landmarks
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

It was a comfortable stay, reception staff response to needs was very fast without delaying. Nice view of the Nile and the different activities around this central part of Cairo. Good restaurant and food.

V good
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Hotel staff have the warmest attitude I have ever encountered. breakfast service and services in general is perfect . amazing and welcoming smiles on their faces at front office team. convenient location.Reasonable WiFi in the rooms.

very good
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Very realiable cleanness! Hotel is well maintained. very accommodating and welcoming reception staff, they will help you what ever you want. Very convenient beds, spacious and very quite rooms! Friendly and flexible staff mid-sized public areas and restaurant what I prefer very much.

Good view
    • Superior Twin Room River Side

Internet wifi was slow and lobby is a bit small. Sometimes there is a que for the lift.

Very clean, excellent Nile view, good breakfast and quiet rooms

Cairo egypt
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

had an amazing time staying here the service was incredible I would like to thank the following staff who had assisted in everything I needed to have a wonderful time in Cairo. Thank you all very much . I wish them great success always.

Great location and nile views
    • Superior Double Room City Side

With Beautiful views of the Nile from roof, this hotel is a great spot of a tourist visiting Cairo. the view from my room was nice. The service from the staff was pretty good and most spoke English which for me was very important since I spoke no Arabic. The Hotel was generally clean and adequate dining facilities and a buffet breakfast. We were in walking distance from the famous square where the riots occurred and taxes were readily available.

Great place to stay
    • Superior Double Room City Side

My stay at the Novotel El Borg has been fantastic. The food has been really nice and reasonable and the staff is incredibly attentive.the service in my room is incredible. They are always making sure I have enough towels, drinks and that my room is tidy. they make sure that my room is perfect every day.

Elegant and friendly stay
    • Superior Double Room City Side

This hotel was very nice. The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our large group. The food was very good, especially the breakfast, it was very rich . Very good service, elegant room. They had a lovely rooftop café, nice pool with the outside heating

Great if your in Cairo for Business, otherwise better off somewhere else.
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Although the location is central, it's a taxi ride from everything. There is a rooftop terrace/restaurant which has a minimum purchase value for just sitting there. I felt that this hotel is more for business people who are in Cairo for business. The hotel lacks character in a city that is full of character.

It's a good international brand and standard. Unfortunately not for me, i like a bit of character so only spent one night here.

Tourism
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Excellent Hotel and its staff. Everyone starting from reception to the waiters in the hotel restaurants are friendly, kind and extremely helpful. I came from Germany and I will recommend all my friends to stay here in Novotel. The service from minibar is excellent. I recommend to everybody NOVOTEL CAIRO EL BORG HOTEL.

Fantastic
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Located in the Empress Eugénie old palace, the room is stunning, impeccable service, great food and affordable prices. roof top is clean beautiful quiet place to have a festive lunch in Cairo .

Very nice staying.
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

Did not like the gym. It is not nice from people having dinner to see people inside the gym working out. Not so confortable for both.

Very nice position and room in front of the Nile. Easy to reach to the center and all facilities. Many thank to tyhe staff especially to Mr Amr and to Miss Heba. see you soon.

Bad
    • Superior Double Room City Side

Facilities, old furniture, old bed and bed sheets, no Ironing in the room, no tooth brush, some rooms has bad smells, smell of cigarettes on the rooms and all over the hotel, when your rooms is facing the Nile View you won’t sleep from noises

Helpful staff and a good view
    • Superior Twin Room City Side

There’s a big police stand at the front of the building due to the teacher’s union renting three floors of the hotel, which made it a nightmare for Ubers to wait for you there.

The roof place is a good addition, the view of the whole city is amazing.

Browse Hotel Novotel Cairo El Borg traveller photo gallery