Reviews of Safir Hotel Cairo 5 stars

Midan El Missaha Square, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt

#34 of 212 hotels in Cairo

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

This hotel is very good , in center area , the staff are...
    • Standard Room

Just old hotel but all works very well inside

This hotel is very good , in center area , the staff are very friendly and lovely, exelente breakfast ,and so clean , i do recomend to you this hotel!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Second stay.
    • Standard Room

Being called at 10 pm, waking us up to ask when we were leaving!!!??? Location is not the best for restaurants (unless you are a fast food junkie) and there is no alcohol served in the hotel, if you so desire. Streets around the area are very dirty and can be dangerous with sidewalks cracked and broken and with cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles crowding everyone to get by (because no one walks on the dangerous sidewalks).

Great breakfast. Reception staff were very professional and efficient. Close to Dukki Metro.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Staaff and Staff and Staff from beginning the reception and...
    • Standard Room

Staaff and Staff and Staff from beginning the reception and check in staff were excellent. I was on medical trip and made operation and spent 4 days to recover the housekeeping lady name Amal Abdulraheem I charge of my floor was so kind checking on me and providing me with any requests I needed

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Dukki stay
    • Standard Room

Take care when booking with hotel’s travel desk. Better service in the Blue Pool café.

Easy walk to Metro Dukki. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Good, generous breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The wake-up service: so I didn't miss the breakfast) It...
    • Standard Room

The bed is not that large. A single XL one I guess?

The wake-up service: so I didn't miss the breakfast) It is clean and has swimming pool. It does match the 5-star standard.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

It was a Nice Experience

The Lobby Lounge was hot, It needs to be a little bit cooler

The Room was good beds were comfortable and the bathrooms well cleaned The Breakfast was excellent everything fresh and tasty The staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I'll come back only for the bread!!!
    • Standard Room

Balcony door broken, Room not very clean, undies hanging on my room balcony on my last night.

Variety of options for breakfast. Bread and Coffee for Breakfast are nice.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Good room , sickening and horrible food/buffet
    • Standard Room

After having the breakfast at the hotel , I felt extremely sick and I was vomiting for hours , I even had to get an injection to calm my stomach down , abosulotley horrendous , DO NOT eat at the hotel , and FYI I had nothing to eat the day before or even after , which is why i am even more sure it was the breakfast I had , from eggs to sausages and more

The room is nice and comfortable and I enjoyed the balcony .

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Love the place - will come back - have been here many times!!!
    • Executive Double Room

Housekeeping does not interest when you want your room to be made - they do it at their own timing. Some staff ignore one. Internet was terrible - even though I paid extra for higher rate - didn't change anything. Additional payment is NOT worth it. Hotel must improve their internet!!!

Love this place - especially the breakfast. Some of the staff need training from customer relations :-) Seem to ignore one. But majority is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I'll come again
    • Standard Room

My check in took long time

Overall everything was nice the reception was so nice specially Kareem such nice guy and well trained .Breakfast was amaizing

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Good
    • Deluxe Room

We specifically booked a non-smoking room and when we checked in we were asked to take a smoking room because the non-smoking rooms weren't ready. Of course we refused. We wer put into a non-smoking room with a different bedding configuration than we requested, not a big deal, but the room had no towels. Again, not a big deal but it took until 8.00pm that night and 3 calls to reception to get them. Housekeeping did not come to our room for two days and again it took 2 trips to reception to have them make up our room. Again, no towels and another 3 calls to reception to get them. It's not the end of the world but at a 5 star hotel this should not be an issue.

The rooms are quiet and clean. The pool facility was good and there are plenty of bathrooms around the hotel. We were allowed to check out late and use the pool while we waited for a late flight out of Cairo.

Breakfast buffet was very rich.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast area was a bit too cool.

Breakfast buffet was very rich. The pool on top of first floor was clean and about medium size. The receptionist promisd to bring our post cards to the post office. Guest relation manager was contacting us about the stay. We got an upgrade to a bigger room.

It is my fourth stay in the Hotel and it was great as usual ...
    • Standard Room

No water drainage in the toilet.

It is my fourth stay in the Hotel and it was great as usual , hence I woul like to take this opportunity to express my special thanks to Mr. Ashraf , Mrs. Eman and Mr. Yahya in Front Office for their hospitality & professionalism as well as special thanks to Mr. Ahmed Omar in Food and Beverage Management and his team in addition to the Executive Chef for the great food as well as the excellent service in the Restaurant during the Breakfast ( the variety, quality & the taste of the food have been compined to make it the best breakfast in comparison to many five stars hotels) And to not forget the whole staff in the Hotel for their kindness.

The location.
    • Standard Room

The location.. The services in the hotel is perfect.. The staff are very helpful and friendly.. Specially Mrs. Christen in the front desk.. The Break fast wonderful.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Courteous efficient staff;

All exc@

Courteous efficient staff; wonderful bfasts; lovely clean swimming pool; perfect location.I just wish I cvld have stayed longer. Highly recommended esp after a long flight.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good
    • Standard Room

In spite off I showed up my local Egyptian ID and I,m Egyptian, they didn't allow me to pay the rate fees determined for Egyptian. The paid rate was very expensive comparing to rate in which I can obtained if I booked myself directly via telephone or direct contact. This issue should be treated as all local persons will escape from using Booking.com for booking in their countries.

Staying generally good, staff was helpful and provide assistance

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Calm hotel with good stuff
    • Standard Room

Have a nice rooms comfortable and good location and nice cafe at night.

Really the managers are very nice and there meeting with us was so great and they help us so much.

it was a great experience for me staying in this marvelous...
    • Standard Room

it was a great experience for me staying in this marvelous hotel. starting from the hotel staff (Mohammed Hosni at the business center , at the reception Eman and Ahmed and Yousra the room service lady. The room was clean, the bed was totally comfortable. And the breakfast buffet was excellent. i really do recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.

Staff, breakfast, location.
    • Standard Room

Hidden taxes never been mentioned in my booking.com Swimming pool were busy and lots of ppl smoking shisha which I found it very ugly

Staff, breakfast, location..

Most staff were attentive, wanted to make sure we were happy...
    • Standard Room

If you need to use a computer during your stay, the business center would charge 40 egeyptian lounds for every 15 minutes ! Even though WiFi is freely available !

Most staff were attentive, wanted to make sure we were happy with the stay. The massage therapist was very good. They served good coffee during breakfast. When I made a couple of complaints regarding the availability of certain items they rectified the situation swiftly and were very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The hotel good every thing is good, breakfast, cleanliness,...
    • Standard Room

The water temperature not steady in the path room. The hotel price and taxes are very expensive compared to other countries.

The hotel good every thing is good, breakfast, cleanliness, staff

Clean and great room services.

The gym depressed me, It's very very very small and there aren't enough equipments to workout all of your muscles. In the room, some lightings do not work.

Clean and great room services.

Will not book here until renovated
    • Deluxe Room

Very old hotel. Needs an upgrade urgently. Very expensive.there are much cheaper hotels and newly renovated hotels that are cheaper with more to offer for half the price.

Staff was friendly and helpful and that was all that was good about this hotel.

Prices need to be reconsidered.
    • Standard Room

- Located in an old neighbour with many locals of different backgrounds. - The food is really bad and expensive. 280 EGP for an open buffet! While the food quality is below average. - 27% taxes. I know this applies everywhere in Egyptian Hotels, but when the room price is already high, consequently the tax amount will be high too.

- Hot water in the bathroom. - Cleanesss of bathroom. - loby is a nice place to sit. - Availability of taxi drivers, Uber, and Careem operating in the area.

Unexpected stay.
    • Deluxe Room

Wifi is very poor and the bathroom water drain from the floor need to get drained and to establish a drain hole in the floor. Otherwise nothing.

Friendly staff and very good attitude to help guests and to present any thing for let them comfort especially Mr.Kareem & Mr.Yehya both from reception office as will as evening shift manager on duty Ms.Mona. Thank for all of 3 persons I mentioned and I appreciate your effort , thank you very much.

The place is very friendly and comfortable and feels...

The place is very friendly and comfortable and feels relaxing. I have tried four other hotels before I go there this one is the most one I have enjoyed staying in

We keep coming back to Safir every year.
    • Standard Room

Music is sometimes too cheesy. But that is ok with some people.

We keep coming back to Safir every year. Friendly and professional staff. Mohamed and Eman are great 👌🏽

The hotel staff were all very friendly, and went above and...

Nope.

The hotel staff were all very friendly, and went above and beyond to make sure we had a comfortable time. Always helpful, always asking if we needed anything else. Answered our questions and fulfilled all of our needs. Yehia was a great help with check out.

Very clean room and polite staff.
    • Standard Room

The bath was not able to close properly. So couldn't fill the water in the bath. And the switch for the light seemed broken so couldn't turn off the light

Very clean room and polite staff. Comfortable place to stay

Stay at Safir Hotel Cairo

No complaints whatsoever

From the moment I got there staff were attentive, cordial and professional. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent. I am a solo traveler and female and I felt completely safe. I had looked at other properties - and am very glad I chose Safir

Overall good , but the people at the reception need to be...
    • Standard Room

Overall good , but the people at the reception need to be more responsive and cooperative they are moody and that much responsive, but the hotel services is good and the other staff are so nice.

We found it good value for money.
    • Standard Room

We found it good value for money. It had a good breakfast selection. We also liked that it had a coffee shop on site, a pool and an ATM just outside.

A Pleasent & Relacing Time at Safir.
    • Standard Room

Liked the hotel proxemity walking distance to the Cairo Opera. Enjoyed the Swimming Pool. Loved The Dinner by the Pool Side. Admired the Smiling Staff. Also appreciated the follow up by Mrs Abir, The Human Resources Manager.

Very comfortable atmospher.
    • Standard Room

Feeling safe in the place is very important. Unfortunately I lost one valuable bag in out side hotel taxi last visit in march, so the safir hotel general manager asked the department of security to investigate to help me to return it back although it was hard mission, but they succeeded and contacted me to tell me that they caught the taxi and my bag will be in safe with them until I come back. I went to the same safir hotel this visit last week and I got my bag. I really appreciate them for their helping me.

Great hotel!
    • Standard Room

Big hotel, with a very complete breakfast. Employees nice and helpful. The room was big, with a very confortable bed and a great bathroom. The temperature of the building and room was always nice and adjustable to our needs, great facilities including spa, jacuzzi and pool. The restaurant works really well with very good food. Security at the entry of the building, very fast to pass through. Everything was nice and we fully recommend.

Amazing staying
    • Standard Room

The shower had many changes on the temperature, changing between warm and cold water randomly. Everything else was great

Very good hotel in a mediocre location
    • Standard Room

Breakfast could use some diversification. The hotel is located in a very crowded area, neighboring streets are not clean.

Very good service, well trained staff. Clean and renovated bathroom.

Quiet n clean hotel
    • Standard Room

Cleaning staff coz some of them are noisy and disturub visitors. Oneof ladies opened the room with her card while we were inside the toom.

Quietness and cleanliness and breakfast

Hotel were you feel home
    • Standard Room

Worm welcome, excellent check in and check out from the hotel reception. All the Staff are excellent special thanks to Eiman, Mohammad, kareem (Reception), Ahmad Anwar (Reservation) and Najla (Housekeeping).

Comfort staying, helpful staff
    • Standard Room

The neighborhood was a bit dangerous at nights.

It was clean and comfort. Near to metro station . Also the pool was great to drink some coffe at evenings !

felling home. excellent service and excellent care.
    • Standard Room

The warm welcome and excellent check in and check out from the hotel reception and excellent treatment from all the staff. Good clean and will organised services .

Kinda good but need more fixes
    • Standard Room

The staff was not all professional and nice.

the hotel was great but the location was disturbing the place was good service was good but the treatment from some of the employees their was unbearable really.

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Room

In room aircon controls needs to be fixed and updated.

The staff is amazing. Clean and has all the facilities for a comfortable stay. Food offered across its 4+ resturants and caffees are suitable for different tastes and options to choose from.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean...
    • Standard Room

The jacuzzi was not working , the spa room was old.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable the breakfast was super , the massage was great . And the price for food inside the hotel was good not expensive

Best hotel ever
    • Standard Room

Everything was good i mean it, staff was great food was perfect or more than that, i booked breakfast only but i had dinner and lunch in the hotel i loved the food there, people are extremely helpful with a big smile always on there faces.

excellent
    • Deluxe Room

a woman swimming with her clothes, although not allowed by the posted hotel policy but no one told her anything. i just did not go much to the pool with the family due to this

Room was excellent and big - we were a family of 4 with an extra bed. Breakfast was super. hotel is very clean. if you need any more cleaning just ask for it. employees were very friendly and very helpful - we stayed for 7 nights.

Fun short trip to Cairo
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was excellent but lacks change for 6 days it was exactly the same. Rooms need update, the furniture is a bit old, toilet and bath tup needs update they are very dated. The security people in the entrance as some how rude and selective with checking. Some people they will not adk them to put there bags on the security machine for others they will allow them to pass!? I think it all or no one.

Hotel lobby is still good looking, receiption desk staff, room service and breakfast area staff are wonderful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent.

Fair
    • Standard Room

No body helped us with our luggages once we arrived. There was a pluming issue in the bathroom that wetted the carpet. The mini-fridge in the room stinks. The location is a bit far from attractions.

The breakfast was very good. The desk staff is friendly. The resturant by the pool is really good.

Hey - just do not think about different place, this one is GREAT! :-)
    • Deluxe Room

Truly GREAT place for staying, relaxing, sleeping, eating, enjoying beautiful Cairo. I cannot complain about anything, so my rate is 10/10 or even more... :-) Come here, it is really perfect Place. You can feel here, like at home, even, when You are missing People You love, being here alone... But You can work here, because Wi-Fi is also very good. Have a good one! :)

So-so
    • Standard Room

Shower didn’t work well, bed uncomfortable and sheets old, towels old, housecleaning didn’t replace certain towels and soaps so had to call them. The hotel taxi guy was trying to squeeze you for money and upsell you like a street seller, not like a hotel employee and representative.

Pretty good breakfast and nice cafe and servers

Great hotel and facilities, maybe not so good for foreigners
    • Standard Room

The swimming pool was overlooked by many surrounding buildings, so as a foreigner in Cairo I felt uncomfortable there, and very stared at in general in the hotel.

Spa has lots of facilities, all included. Great buffet breakfast

Personell at poolbar and cleaning were nice and professional
    • Standard Room

But staff under equipped and under paid and under staffed No vacuum cleaning And also poor ability to keep away mukkabarath / state security officials who were sneaking around to spy about our business activities. Breakfast not first class- no freshly squeezed orange juice or walnuts (for example) to offer.

Personell at poolbar and cleaning were nice and professional

Great service, business-like hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

Seemed to be focused more towards Arab clients taste than westerners which is perhaps understandable. Geographically central but felt a long way from anywhere, but that is Cairo.

Nice clean room, good breakfast buffet & WiFi- free late check out.

Very helpful staff and great location near to the center
    • Standard Room

The cleaning need to improve a bit but everything else are really good

The rooms were really good and fair enough for the price , the staff are nice and helpful

Great hotel
    • Standard Room

Everything was great it’s really my best hotel in Egypt. The business center at the hotel provided me the best service spatially Mr. Mohammed Hosny manager of business center helped me a lot thank you so much Mr. Mohammed

Just FAIR.
    • Standard Room

I booked my self and my 13 years old kid but the hotel is considering kids with 13 year old + 1 day as Adults and they charged extra money (US$15 per night) for that. My comments to the hotel was "You can ask for more money but a 13 years by is a Kid and not an Adult". They insisted that above 13 years old human are Adults !

as the hotel is getting older the staff are doing their best. Staff are nice.

Not much more than staff and cleanses of rooms.
    • Standard Room

The hotel has very limited facilities. The neighborhood is horrible and very depressing. 5 Stars rating is deceiving, as well as photos and customer reviews.

Not much more than staff and cleanses of rooms.

Wonderful stay.
    • Standard Room

I stayed with my wife and a 6 year old son and we were very comfortable in every means. Hotel staff was very polite and the bell boys were all very well behaved. Breakfast was great and with a lot of varieties.

Really recommend to stay if you would like to spend your holiday in Cairo.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast, pool, location and room size

This is really a five-star hotel with a very good price. It is old but perfect. Wi fi is much better than many European hotels. Good security and safe area. Rooms size are American style, maximum 30 minutes driving to Egyptian museum or 45 min walking, about one hour to Giza, 30 min to main mosques and 35 to Ibn Toloon mosque, maximum one hour to airport. If you would like to have a good price and safe food outside hotel look for "Chicken Tikka" which is 10 min walking to Hotel. A MacDoland's is just by the hotel if you are American and MacDoland's fan.

Crystal Staff were amazing and helpful as we had a business...
    • Deluxe Room

Price is a bit high . parking problem

Crystal Staff were amazing and helpful as we had a business meeting there and staff were great . Special Thanks to Mr. Wael , Ahmad & Israa

Great value for money.
    • Standard Room

The air conditioner kept acting up and it was so loud.

The service was amazing.. The staff was very helpful and the hospitality was great. Breakfast was amazing with huge variety. the room was well lit and clean.

nice hotel at a peaceful location.
    • Standard Room

hotel sourroundings are not good, full of dirt, not having five star facilities. they are not providing full toiletteries only a shampoo, conditioner and a soap was there. shower pressure is not good. no fruit tray as shown in the picture, not much english channels in the tv.

like the breakfast very well. reception staff are good. location is very peaceful. security system is fantastic. plenty of taxi available in front of the hotel, but uber is cheap. wifi worked very well.

You're supposed to tip for everything, and mostly, for nothing
    • Standard Room

The hotel's street and its neighbors are dirty and virtually no sidewalks. People walk in the middle of the streets getting confused with the cars, which park anywhere. But I did not feel insecure, even early in the evening, back to the hotel. As for the receptionists, the hotel is very large and the contact ends impersonally. So there is no help with trasnsfers, tourism, purchase of train tickets, etc. For this you have to go to the tourist desk in the hotel lobby. The city tour and the tour to the piramedes are reasonably priced, however transfers to / from the airport are exaggerated expensive. As for cleaning the outbuildings, it gets a bit to be desired. The biggest problem is not due to the hotel but the culture of the country. The tip culture. You're supposed to tip for everything, and mostly for nothing. Even a service hired and paid at the mentioned hotel desk, such as a city tour, you are expected to pay tips for everyone involved in your tour, driver, guides, etc.

Good hotel, good value for money. Very good breakfast. There is an ATM and a changing desk inside the hotel as well as some souvenir shops. The hotel is within walking distance of a small square where you find a MacDonald's (remember they do not serve anything with pork) and, in a side street about 150 meters away, a grocery store (clean and presentable). You can walk from the hotel to the Egyptian Museum and Tahrir Square (something like 2.5 km).

comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room

1. Furniture is old especially the sofa. 2. Quality of bed sheets is average.

Good and friendly staff. Wifi is efficient. Room cleaning was good. Good breakfast.

Great location and helpful staff.
    • Standard Room

Nice and clean rooms with balcony. The breakfast buffet is great choice to start your day. The location is within a very crowded and busy district, hence, plan your trips and account for traffic jams.

Stayed 8 times, generally good place, good quality, but service needs some improvement.
    • Executive Double Room

I had asked for an early arrival (12:00 noon), did not get a negative reply, so I assume it is o.k. When I arrived, my room was not ready - had to wait over 1 hour. When room was ready, it was NOT what I had booked (first they wanted to give me a smoker-room. Had asked for NON-Smoking! It was a standard single room. Had to wait again, no welcome juice :-(. At the end I had the same room that I had booked, but not poolside as asked for... all in all, not well done.

Location, size of room, breakfast buffet; price - quality comparison;

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Room

No bar serving beer and wine. No good restaurants found nearby although hotel restaurants were good.

Very comfortable room and nice breakfast buffet. Helpful staff.

there were chocolates to welcome us
    • Standard Room

the check in time was 1400hrs. i checked in at 1700 hrs and were told to wait for another 30 minutes as the room was not ready. this was very bad

there were chocolates to welcome us

the staff was very friendly & helpful, also food was...
    • Standard Room

just was hoping there was a Bar for a drink & some music.

the staff was very friendly & helpful, also food was great, the hotel is quite & super clean, location was great with sheesha places around, definitely it will be my place every time i'm in Cairo.

The Asian restaurant was amazing.
    • Standard Room

We booked two rooms to sleep 5 and the beds in the double room are bigger than a twin bed and smaller than a double bed. Our kids had great difficulty sharing the beds and our youngest ended up sleeping with us. If you are used to two people sharing a small "double" bed then it would be fine. Our kids were not and it caused some difficulty.

The Asian restaurant was amazing. My family loved it. The chef took such pride in his work. The staff all around were very helpful. The breakfast was quite good. It kept all 5 of us very satisfied. The hotel was able to provide us connecting rooms.

• Standard Room

Had a massage which was absolutely awful. Absolute waste of my money and time. Someone should really train the lady who does the massages. I had to stop her several times to show her what to do. She did not have a clue on how to massage.

Comfy bed, hotel was great overall.

It was clean.
    • Standard Room

I wouldn't rate this hotel as a 5 stars but as a good 4 stars.

It was clean. The breakfast was good. The staff was frienfly. The service was good.

A Comfortable and Joyful experience of Relaxing.
    • Standard Room

The only thing which bothered me was their old phone sets in room which were not working sometimes as they should.

Their welcoming and kind staffs were the most benefit of our staying. They met all our needs and its free of charge spa facility for guests was fully relaxing. Buffet breakfast was superb with two different cold and hot buffets. Rooms and their facilities were very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping team was quick to respond to our requests.

if you are looking for the relax and good location , don't hesitate to book in this great hotel.
    • Standard Room

if you are looking for the relax and good location , don't hesitate to book in this great hotel , warm welcomes and supper cooperation from the front desk specially Mr. Ashraf , Ms. Merfet and Mrs. Christian , many options in the breakfast .

Browse Safir Hotel Cairo traveller photo gallery