Reviews of Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo 5 stars

3 Tayaran St., Nasr City, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt

#62 of 173 hotels in Cairo

Based on 2052 hotel reviews

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Pool size and area, value of money for dinner and room, varieties of dinner buffet, room was not luxiouriours, bathroom door needs repair

Location, breakfast buffet only, night entertainment

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a problem wifh the room door, they did n9t bother with my comment about it. Safe in my room is faulty.

Nice and spacious room and bathroom. Good facilities. Great building. I loved the property.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

some of the lobbies were not air-conditioned

Bed and air conditioning were extremely comfortable. Location was at the heart of Cairo making it very easy to travel across the city. Staff were very helpful and nice. The hotel also offered free drop off at the airport

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

There was no privacy or personal information protection at all, some one I don’t know called the reception asking about me, that person whom I don’t know was given my personal phone number and my room number by the reception people, This is totally irresponsible, I don’t know what you know about your clients personal information keeping, I am to all disappointed and frustrated, I will never ever ever refer this hotel to anybody or even stay in it again.

I am so dissatisfied with the reception people

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The taxi services at the entrance of the hotel is a total rib-off. I had very bad experience with them, charging me almost 4 times what I would’ve normally paid. It was Ramadan and I didn’t want to wake up early in the morning, but noise in the corridor (perhaps house keeping- loud voices and slapping doors) in the morning didn’t make that an easy task.

Being a booking.com genius member, the hotel offered me a free ride from the airport. An agent was waiting for me as I walked out of the plane and didn’t have to line up for passport control.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lack of outlets in the rooms and the room service guys walked right into our room.

The food was good, the Oriental mix was too sweet for my taste. Customer service was excellent.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Had a little trouble with the Room Service of this Hotel. Mr Adel who is the duty manager ensured that the mistakes were corrected and we were compensated. I would like to extend my gratitude to him

Overral the hotel is comfortable and mordern. Above average

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1.better pay before U go.also,taxes should be included in the total price shown on booking 2.having another swimming pool on the hotel-or 10th floor would be a brilliant idea for all lovers of sun for whole day.

Sonesta has evryth that U might need.If not...they provide U absolutely all. Insecurity and risk in Egypt is a mit-a wrong legend and at Sonesta I felt not safe but mega-safe; all those lovely polite people being around are happy anytime to help,protect and comfort you.for real.not fake.amazing and special personnel-Khaled to gym and swimming pool

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Tv channels, in room menu horrible and not great restaurants. How can an Egyptian hotel not have any authentic Egyptian food.

Proximity to business districts and airport

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I would like to thank all the staff and have worked for me to upgrade to a higher level without asking me and especially thank the receptionist Samer.

• Superior Triple Room

we booked 3 bed room and they gave us just 2 beds, then they didnt bring the 3 rd bad for about 4 hours wich was very disapointing since we wanted to sleep. And fonnaly the 3. bed was just a portable peace and they never gave us 3 towels, only 2!!

Sauna is opened from the morning. Free drive from and to the airport.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast in the new part of the hotel, on the 2nd floor, the waiters were not attentive, i sat everytime waiting for them to clean my table, bring me cutlery, i had to get up and ask them. The outside area by the pool, the same, the staff are not attentive, you sit for long time before getting noticed. The worsed is that smoking is allowed in all restaurants and pretty much the whole hotel. This is disgusting for a non smoker. Sushi restaurant i could not even breathe as there were a table chain smoking, this is unacceptable. This will be my search criteria for my next stay in Cairo...

I liked that the hotel offers free airport pick up and drop off at the airport. The driver was very friendly! Like that there was bars, and a selection of restuarants to choose from. The Italian restaurant's Fillet steak dish was great! The location for me was important, and the hotel is near the CICC exhibition center. 5 min drive.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon our arrival, I was told by the receptionist that my room was upgraded. Much to my regret, the room I was given should not be offered to anyone as it looked like a prison cell, with broken dangling curtain, smelly, watered splashed everywhere when we used the toilet, we had to put the kettle on the floor to heat water for tea, the stand light wasn’t working and all in all, we felt depressed to realise that this room was an upgrade, and wonder what was our booked room looking like?? I complained to the reception and they had sent someone to check on what I had said, and he agreed, apologised and moved our luggage, by himself, to another room on the 7th floor. If Sonesta is considered a 5* Hotel, it’s breakfast is far away from that level. I give it 5/10.

In general, everything was good.

many things , reciption , room , service

Bad Experience , unhelpful crew , bad room , bad communication , bad services , hair on the bed , many other issues

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Improve the expediency in the reception desk service with more staff and clear explanation about the deposit for extra expense. Print on the room key case the Hotel's telephone no and address in English and Arabic with a simple map as Cairo taxis do not seem to know places unless explained to them. There should be some refreshments in the fridge. The furniture is worn out and stained in places for example in my bed room. For changing the linen and bathroom towels there should be clear instructions as practiced in other countries to leave a note on the bed for changing the linen and leave the towels in the bath or washing basin when need changing. I had asked verbally not to change my bed linen until I leave during my one week stay rather change it every few days which was unnecessary hotel policy. The network is not reliable.

Overall clean and comfortable hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a 5 Star Hotel some years ago. It is a nice hotel, located close to the airport and downtown but needs urgently a renovation. Doors don't close, a number of facilities are shaky or damaged.

Very friendly and helpful staff, starting from the reception till the room service. Everyone gave his best to make our stay comfortable.

• Superior Triple Room

I’d chosen the hotel for one reason which was luxury and clearance. But in fact it wasn’t that what I looking for The sheets wasn’t new There was nasty smell in bathroom When I have a bath I could not have any control for hot and cool water it’s switching by itself. Lack of foods for breakfast

The only think I would say. During my staying at hotel the security and safety. Excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

People at the door I mean security door they asked for money every day And when I was leaving they was fighting together about the money given by customer I’m Australian but I born in Egypt so I understand what they saying Thank you for understanding

Room service was good and quick and also housekeeping was doing good job Food was nice thank you The gym was good and the staff is friendly Thank you

The banioo is small

The service is good but sometimes they forgot to clean good But almost is good or more The price I think is not fair But I like the quiet environment

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We have been asked at the reception for pre-payment , which we have never ever experienced before. Moreover as we were finish with our dinning , we asked hotel staff to bring bill and afterwards write to our room number. Unfortunately this was not possible due to the fact that hotel personal asked us to upload credit to the key card of our room . This was also weird for us and we did not experience such an unusual procedure . In summary , we will never choose this hotel again and same recommendation for other travellers , who have already booked or planning to book this hotel in order not to experience same unpleasant situation there.

Location and cleanless.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is not so clean , asked for non smok room got one all smoking mini bar empty beside maintenance so late to fix a lamp

Location so centric beside room service is co operative

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The satff are not friendly and not receiving you with smiley face , even over the phone they make you feel yoj are calling on wrong timing

The room was OK , Italian restaurant was Excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. The pool. An incredible.... 7 m x 7 m maybe? Not for proper swimming! 2. The Grill restaurant. They got my order wrong three times! I asked for pepper steak. It came with butter (I think) potatoes and vegetables but I asked to have french fries instead of vegetables. I got the steak with only vegetables -no butter potato. I asked them to be removed. I got an extra portion of vegetables -still, no butter potato. I asked again... I got steak and french fries -and no butter potato.

Staff was really friendly and helpful! I had some issues with my credit card but the reception staff helped me and even upgraded me to the new tower. Nice! I would go back only because the staff does help and try to make guests feel welcomed and well taken care of.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff at the spa... dont pay attention much to the guests(checked in at the hotel) but she’s more on the people/customers that are there just there to use facilities perhaps those that are permanently using the Gym/Spa , I mean their local costumers. Which it make us uncomfortable... which is My daughter and I were still using the spa, the jacussi was switch off without even telling us, and it prompted us to leave...

• Tower Room (Pool View)

The front desk could be little better decorated.

The hotel has nice and clean rooms,Very well behaved staff, wide range of restaurants (Lebanese, Japanese, Italian, American). Breakfast and 24 hour service menu as well as the two bars are fantastic. They also have live music at Lebanese restaurant and Discotheque which are open till morning. Swim pool and Sheesha by poolside. All in all, it’s a self contained faculty with range of options for socialising and entertainment. Loves this place. Would like to stay again if I ever visit Cairo.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff for hotel pick up shuttle was not helpful. I called hotel many times on sameday of my flights, and they helped me... But I needed to send shuttle for my colleague who was going to stay in hotel, but staff rejected this because of a rule which is not shown in anywhere! He was also rude!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that the hotel didn't have heating system. Five star hotel without heating infrastructure is not supposed to be rated 5

I didn't see anything I liked

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleaning was not the best at some point,but when i mentioned to housekeeping it was made well.

Friendly staff, good for short time when visiting Egypt.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

You can't open the windows. The a/c is OK but opening a window especially in winter would be nice. I wasn't told that you have to pre-book the airport bus on the way out, but they ran it (just for me) anyway.

I have been coming back every year for the past 5 years or more. The quality is consistently high and the service is good. The food is good (though soft drinks are too expensive). The staff are always friendly and keen to help. Airport shuttle is free on outward trip - always check what time it goes and reserve it!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I booked a non smoking room and got one which was too smelly. I complained to the management without any solution. They did not even try to help!

Breakfast was acceptable

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff, great service as for pick up at the airport. Nice spatious confortable room. Good breakfast, but too expensive; however, you can get good coffee or cappiccino with croissants at the lobby bar. Good libanese restaurant Mid way between airport and city center. Generally speaking: very recommended !

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Little delay to chick-in. And to be honest this delay it was us part of this depend because we came early. But anyhow they cooperate with us as soon as they can

Location and staff they was very friendly respectful and supporting. Because of them I really shifted my next trip from Turkey to Egypt

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I can hear people in rooms nearby. The walls are allowing to hear the voices, so no privacy. The breakfast was poor with no broad varieties. The room supposed to be for non smokers but I was smelling the smoke everywhere. It is not allowed to open the windows. The minibar was not working properly.

Staff were nice & polite The GYM was nice The hotel location was perfect

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The check in check out process was slow, the prices on the room service menu don't match the bill, the staff are not welcoming, the location is just so far from the city center.

Nothing really

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They charged me at the property with higher prices than mentioned in the site of booking and refused to charge my credit card to force me to pay higher price when i arrived to the property

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For a 5 start hotel: - Rooms cleaned every morning but dust stayed on furniture - Some parts on the room and bathroom that should be already fixed - Breakfast with the same stuffs almost everyday - Staff cleaning rooms and using vacuum cleaners at 01 am in the morning - Staff from reception not very receptive to changes. - I make a reserve with breakfast included and payed. First morning they said I didn't I was being forced to pay. I had to say out loud that I was going to perform complain, for them, reception, to standup and check on booking if really the breakfast was included or not.

Hotel staff (rooms and restaurants) very friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was rude and the prices is wasnt including the tax. The property advertising price so acceptable but when we go to property we should to pay more %59 price more what we booked. The staff was so rude for the price they fight and asked us to cancel the reservation from Booking.com for not receive the complain. They should to remove from Booking.com.

I didn't like anything. The staff was so rude.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The heating system didn't work at all and it was very chilly in the room all the time. They offered a breakfast in bed service, but when we called to book it we found out that it wasn't allowed, therefore they shouldn't offer it in the first place. The shower temperature was temperamental to say the least: it flicked between extremely hot and extremely cold at times. Being a European traveller, I am not used to the fact that smoking is allowed inside buildings and therefore everywhere you went it smelt of tobacco (at least the room wasn't the case).

The bed was very comfy. It was well isolated from traffic noise outside. The laundry service was fast and prompt.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was horrible and mean. The room was so dirty and shabby. A wedding celebration in every corner with so much noise. In general it is more of a brothel than a hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff r not friendly, The prices on the room service menu doesn't match the money they ask for, The check in check out was not smooth, over all I don't recommend this place at all!!

The bed is comfortable

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Hotel is quite isolated from amenities. Taxis aren’t allowed to park in front of it so it’s a chore to get around.

Great breakfast spread. Staff super friendly.

• Tower Room (Patio View)

Poor and stupid reception team, the check in process took about 30 minutes full of arguments and caused me paid almost double the price . My reservation was canceled without notification and the reception team confirmed that the hotel is fully booked and no rooms available even through booking however I was able to book 2 other rooms during this argument which was embarrassing for them so they claimed that this is a mistake from booking . I insisted to stay the night regardless the prices and whatever they said and started to raise my voice so they finally accepted the reservation

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Excellent service, so comfortable, delicious foods, kind staff. So quite, many facilities available. WiFi is so fast. Valuable and affordable cost to connect to the city in east and west of the capital. Super location for quick taxi services to Riverside restaurants and various malls near by. It becomes one of my favourite 5* hotel in Cairo belong side 4 seasons. Thanks for excellent hotel management.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

-The professional staff with smiley faces all the time...specially Mr.MOHAMED -They upgrade my room without extra charges...(i didn't even ask for that) -the room was perfect,clean,comfortable and has a nice view. -the breakfast was fresh with lots of varieties. -Dinner in the room was good and i believe the prices was fair. -i like almost everything -i booked one extra night directly from the hotel and it cost less than "BOOKING".

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Staff need customer service training or maybe need motivation. Few of them were helpful and friendly, but mostly not: - The receptionist with glasses on early morning shift of Dec 5, 2017 did not give proper eye contact or enough attention. He was a little bit rude and useless. - Only 'Rana" in restaurant serving breakfast can bring you coffee or offer help while her peers were chatting with Hassan, the cook preparing eggs. 2. Controlling water temperature during shower was a challenge (cold, properly mixed then hot circles of changing water temperature). 3. Location does not provide easy accessibility to shops or malls (for people who like to walk). 4. Old safe-box with no instructions on how to use.

A lady (Marian as I remember) called to check if everything was ok right after my occupation of the room. I told her about the old safe-box with no instructions (closed). She sent the maintenance guys who were helpful. They had to bring new set of batteries and showed me how to use it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I like all except when I was in the airport looking for the airport shuttle I DIDNT SEE MY Name therefore, I was looking for help in the airport to reach the airport port's driver .

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

All the tv in the new building were not working And when i call the receptionist he told me that i should come to the main hall to watch the tv there 🤬🤬🤬

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service us very poor. Hotel staff are mostly liars. The give false promises. But the worst of all the above is they overcharged me fir the room upon checking in, they didn't consider the room rate as as published by Booking.com and accepted by me.... they tried to twist my arms either to accept their rate ir they wouldn't accommodate me.

I like the proxinaty of the hotel to the airport and to my business area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't get the room type I requested, shower temperature inconsistent - big swings between too hot and too cold.

The bed was comfortable, the room well appointed, staff very attentive and helpful.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Weak WiFi, the door of the bathroom is too old not fit with the modern furniture of the room, the varieties in the breakfast buffet is too little, expensive car parking

The hotel in a good location for a business trip, clean, the staff was excellent and they upgraded my room to another super comfortable one and sent us a fruit basket and a set of very delicious appetizers I would certainly recommend the hoteL

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No one carry our laggage and show us the way to our room The AC was working If u gonna have a shower u find alot of water coming out the toilet The elec. Power of the half of the room was off If I want to give them # of 10 it will be 5 or 4

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The most disappointing part was their in house taxi service. The driver begged for tips every single time I took a taxi from the hotel. Unprofessional and completely pathetic, did not expect this from a hotel.

It was near to the airport

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Looking for tip all the time over and over again and asking on the overpaid food when bill is 345 EGP and I pay 400 EGP HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT BACK SIR? Well the answer on that is... DO THE MATH... I am giving tip who I want and how much I want... But looking at guest like an idiot ATM machine whos droping a money it is little... not proffessional? I understand everything and situation but what is 2 much it is 2 much ... so well yes... Breakfest is for skipping... everything else can pass...

• Tower Room (Pool View)

The TV can't connected to our USB or pendrive, hope you'll rechecking more to that function

I love the bathroom, it's so nice and clean, wish the bathtube was more larger

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I tried the breakfast which was below average in terms of taste and variety. The coffee was really bad.

The Hotel is good value for money if you are looking for an economic stay in Nasr City area. The room space is good actually.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Dinner Food in the restaurant was not so cool in addition to very high rate .

Warm welcome specially mr.sherif and miss Rana on the front disc , clean place and very good location

• Tower Room (Pool View)

I found my room with an empty mini bar

The staff is so understandable, the decorations of the hotel & it’s location are perfect also it’s very safe & clean.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The swimming pool was a nice but a bit small , not large.

i like that staff members were very friendly with me and my children , all the time going to the breakfast or doing some activities the staff try to make some fun with the children. reception members were very helpful especially Mr. Mohammed who answer all our inquires very fast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Romservice knocks the doors early (8am)...i dont know why they do it so early. Expensive breakfast. 15 usd for the buffet. You can have a four course meal with drinks for that price at the local restaurants.

Good location. Good rooms, good facilities

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff were not as welcoming as other places. Breakfast was not good at all.

Hotel was close to downtown area and close to Intercontinental coty stars.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The receptionist telling us "you're French" because we thought their taxi was expensive.

Comfortable and clean room, free wifi everywhere thats actually working, location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff , more than half of the staff act rude and not respectfull, so while visiting the hotel make sure that you will be dealing with some of these staff, i always stay in this hotel during my stay in cairo, and everytime i have a problem with the staff, not all of the staff are not good but i can say the majority, true there are some helpful staff who upgraded my room to a better but that doesn't mean that the rest of staff act rude

I like the location of the hotel

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Upon arrival we were automatically upgraded to the presedential suite which is extremely huge, very modern, super comfortable and is very luxurious. The hotel night shift manager (Mr. Wael) went far and beyond to make our stay memorable. As soon as he was informed that we're there to celebrate my birthday, he came in person to greet us, sent us a fruit basket and a set of very delicious appetizers, all complements of the hotel. I would certainly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Hotel manager isn't professional. I spent 2 hours to get fair rooms, bedsheets wasn't clean, I requested an iron but they announced me that it isn't available after 1 hour because they have a limited number of irons. I requested a maintenance to bathroom for 2 days.

Hotel location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Although the hotel informed me that meet, assist and transportation will be arranged, I discovered that it is not for egyptians. The transportation was not available when I arrived. I had to call the hotel and waited for about an hour.

Clean room Receptionist was friendly

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Traveling to cairo means that i have to book at sonesta cairo , the best hotel i visit in cairo , the staff is very helpful and the hotel means a home to me in cairo

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The tv wasn't working/the staff in the parking lot was horrible he took 5$ for parking one night which was ridiculous

The bed was comfortable/nice room with good bathroom

• Deluxe Suite

the reception staff did not pay attention to our request, some say one thing and the other says the opposite. the room was too old , the carpet is not clean.

the location , close to where i need to be .

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The breakfast bouffet hadn't a variety of food compared to other hotels I've been to. Some stuff like turkish coffee are with extra fees. Staff serving the open bouffet had very little experience.

It was clean, easy to reach, GREAT BED and bathroom.. staff was very helpful overall and has a comfortable environment.

• Superior Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The vegetables weren't fresh and dinner wasn't as good as breakfast

The interior design is very elegant and I found the staff's service very good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

-2 days till i got my baby bed that i by check in asked for. - house keeping is average ( one day i got just 2 towels instead of 4 , one bathroom coat and no hygiene kit)

-Every day there is 2 500ml mineral water for free. - luxurious hotel finishing. - pool that my kids enjoy alot .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lighting is an issue, especially in the bathroom! Candle light quality, inadequate for the purpose and more inadequate if you consider the price you pay for this room. Engineering get moving!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Second time in one year they did not welcome to me at airport. I had to wait more than one hour! Driver of shuttle spoke on the phone very loudly and screamed during the way from hotel to airport.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some of the staffs are not very welcoming especially at the Reception and Green house restaurant. Nothing terrible but still they could put in more warmth when talking to clients. Lack of information on all services and facilities at the hotel. It seems there was lot more i could explore. But these are minor things, the overall stay was wonderful and I would definitely choose Sonesta on my next visit.

Nice and spacious room from the new tower. Food from the different restaurants was always very good. Specially enjoyed eating at Balbaak, the Sushi restaurant, Fauchon and by the pool. Price of food very good . Gym amenities was very good and enjoyed the Spa there as well. Entertainment by the pool everynight while having sheesha.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't find anything that i didn't like

The bed & pillows were very comfortable and the staff very accommodating and helpful. I would be happy to staying there again.

Browse Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo traveller photo gallery