Reviews of Steigenberger Nile Palace - Convention Center 5 stars

Khaled Ben Walid St, East bank, Luxor, Egypt

#17 of 42 hotels in Luxor

4.1

I loved the beautiful views of the Nile, from our room, the...

Entertainment at night within the hotel could be improved.

I loved the beautiful views of the Nile, from our room, the sun terrace area and restaurant... very relaxing. Staff excellent room perfect.

the hotel is lovely , clean , super helpful staff ,...
    • Classic Triple Room City View

I think they should offer complimentary shuttle to the train station , it’s not that far . I was told it would be 50 egypt , yet when I got in the taxi it was 150 egypt . it would be a good service to offer also , we ate dinner at the property restaurant and it was average .

the hotel is lovely , clean , super helpful staff , comfortable rooms and great value . the outdoor pool is super clean and beautiful . coffee in the room a plus and the complimentary breakfast is wonderful !!!

This place exceeded my expectations when taking into account the price.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Some of facilities are a bit outdated. The gym specifically. The restaurants are all very expensive, even considering that they are in a chain hotel. They did not want me to bring in outside food, and asked me to sign a waiver to bring in a sandwich...

Good value for money. Really nice pool. Rooms are good size and were clean.

A fine place to decompress on our free day in Luxor.
    • Luxury Twin Room Front Nile

Our booking was low season, and many of the hotel's restaurants weren't open.

We had a Luxury (truly) Twin room with direct (outstanding) Nile view. Huge room, huge balcony, great service. The hotel got us in three hours before before check-in and allowed four hours of leeway on check-out. Even gave us a goody bag of food and drinks at check-out.

Good Hotel made better by the staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

The free internet doesn’t work, you have to pay for internet that actually works.

Staff were fantastic, every request we made they tried to meet. Even when we had issues they stepped up and rectified the problem.

Absolutely fabulous, home from home.
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room Side Nile View - Egyptians and Residents Only

Everything was wonderful so there is nothing to dislike.

This was my 2nd time in this hotel and I will be back later in the year. It is a superb hotel, great staff who are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble. This is definitely my hotel of choice in Luxor.

Great place to stay if WiFi is not an issue
    • Classic Triple Room City View

WiFi - that's the only complaint anyone could have. I even told the hotel staff and they said they are working to improving the infrastructure for wifI.

Everything was awesome except WiFi.very royal place to stay. Person at travel desk was very awesome and arranged good tours

The pool and Nile View is amazing!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

To catch our flight, we'd to wake up at 03:00 AM. Super early! So, we planned to go to bed at around 08:30 PM. The staff promised we'd receive a wake-up call, so they knew that our time to sleep would be little. Still, they thought it would be a good idea to put us in a room overlooking the patio, where apparently the superloud live-entertainment (music, dancing) was held until 11:15 PM! And, to make it worse; the wake-up call was at 02:00 AM; an hour too early. So, in the end, we actually slept a little more than 2 hours. We were very unhappy with the fact that the staff didnt tell us in advance that loud live entertainment would actually keep us awake - we would have had the opportunity to change our rooms and actually sleep.

The pool and Nile View is amazing!

Absolutely delightful

The staff at Cafe Delices in the patio are lovely and helpful but I found waiting 45 minutes for a Greek salad was far too long. Having said that it was very nice when it did arrive. My only other comment is when you make the bed, please please smooth the bottom sheet and not just the top sheet. I remade my bed every evening because I find crumpled sheets very uncomfortable. These were just petty annoyances in a very enjoyable stay.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a real treat with a huge amount of choice. The Nile view room I had was really comfortable, bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay so much I have booked 2 further visits in the not too distant future. The food in the Italian restaurant was excellent, certainly the best I've tasted since actually being in Italy.

Dont waist your time for this old place go and find something better ....

Price for room in booking for EGYPTIAN RESIDENTS - no info on booking about this when you arrive you need pay extra 20USD + .... Sorry but this is un acceptable!!! Internet ... free on restaurant or corridors but in room again has to be paid ... and again some crazy pricess for IT.

good location, shops closed by good restaurant inside of hotel

A good base for Luxor
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

- Building appears outdated - Bar is overpriced - WiFi in the bedroom required a fee

- Staff were friendly and helpful - Room was clean - Breakfast was good, as was the Italian restaurant - Location was reasonably close to other restaurants and bars

The stay was fantastic.

Balcony was very small.

The stay was fantastic. Staff were excellent and the room was great. Such great value for money and an amazing view of the Nile. Would definitely stay again.

Definitely NOT 5 stars

We visited Luxor for two days and stayed at this hotel. The hotel claims to be a 5 star hotel but I don’t think this is the case. The hotel is very dated, furniture in the rooms is pretty old and shows significant wear and tear. Rugs are old and stained. The bath curtains are stained as well. The swimming pool is not heated so get ready for a cold 22C splash. Bottom line: your are paying 5 star prices for what is an old 3 star hotel. They need to renovate the property, change all furniture, fittings and rugs or simply start charging 3 star prices and selling themselves as a 3 star hotel.

The location was good and has an amazing view of the Nile river. The staff, particularly the waiters, were very nice.

Amazing Panoramic view to Great Nile
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

since the day was during ENT conference in same hotel, the breakfast was very busy and random. overall it is not a big deal and not everyday case.

firstly and upon check-in , they upgrade me to Presidential suite ! with panoramic view on Nile. it was amazing. i wish i could have more nights and not alone :( overall, i liked the location , relaxing and night shisha at Zaman Cafe with little whisper of legacy Egyptian singer Um Kulthom.

Amazing location and super service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

The hotel is a bit old and needs small touch renovation to achieve 5 stars. The show was great but while eating the music is a bit loud it n my opinion.

Breakfast was super nice. Chef making fresh eggs of choice (would have been nice with fresh juice) Our bed was super nice. We really had a good sleep. Room service was great. Service in general was excellent. Pool bar man Ahmed Pharaoh make our relaxing time bye the pool even greater, with big smile and great service. Boat boy Sayed so polite and humble on his Fluka. We had a good time at Nike sailing Fluka.

Very nice hotel which helped us have a lovely holiday
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

There is not much that I don't like about this hotel. My husband is disabled and uses a wheel chair. There are a few slopes but they are steep and I needed help at times. This is a problem everywhere in Egypt certainly not specific to this hotel. They do have 2 rooms with partially adapted bathrooms and are hoping to improve on this.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped with tea and coffee facilities. Nice clean bedding every day with a comfortable bed. Really good breakfast with attentive staff. Really good pool attendants are hand to make you comfortable with umbrellas, towels etc and they are on constant watch to make sure that everyone is safe in the water.

The Lebanese restaurant, the bar and the shisha bar, perfect...

No internet in the room

The Lebanese restaurant, the bar and the shisha bar, perfect service, grate food and attention. The hostess at the front desk very good but Mes. Amina from guest relations had the best attitud ever and was very kind!

The hotel has great location, amazing staff, good breakfast...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Nothing, everything was great!

The hotel has great location, amazing staff, good breakfast and nice swimming pool! Special attention for the polite and very friendly staff, specially Mustafa from the reception very kind and great humor!

good location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

the furniture and the room need a little renovation. but a little below expectation for a five star hotel

breakfast was great and location is good. the tour group i booked with the hotel was perfect. value for money and good service from the lady tour guide. recommend to arrive to the hotel anf book a tour with the hotel tour desk

Excellent!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Nothing was wrong, couldn't have been better.

I have been here many times before and every time the staff is doing everything to make my stay perfect. This time I want to thank everybody for giving us an upgrade to side Nile view while we booked street view. Even though it was only for 1 night, it was nice to have our cup of tea on our balcony watching the pool area and the Nile behind it.

The lady at the guest desk was absolutely fantastic as we...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

The lady at the guest desk was absolutely fantastic as we were trying to locate a guide that was late for a tour we had planned. Talking to Egyptian people over the phone is not easy. They do their best in English (and God knows I don't speak a word of Egyptian) but it is sometimes difficult to understand what they are saying. The lady was fluent in both languages and she was able to clarify the situation and talk to the tour guide. Not sure what I would have done without her.

If I come back to Luxor again, I will look for another property.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

Room smelled strongly of pesticide. AC was not working, got it fixed after several calls. Shisha in Courtyard was very bad. No WiFI in the room which was misleading in the ad.

The food at the room service was average. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were appropriate. Shower was nice and warm also.

Amazing hotel to stay in Luxor

Amazing hotel to stay in Luxor The Nile view from the hotel is amazing and the staff is so friendly. Simply no words can describe this hotel. Rooms were so clean and breakfast is incredible, it's highly recommended place. I would like to thank everyone working in this hotel for everything.

Booking .com .... Shame on you

I discovered that i paid LE 200 more than the walk in guest! !!? And when i asked the Front office manager he told me i could charge you LE950 but because your reservation through booking.com i will charge you LE 1140 how come i suppose to have better deal than the walk in guest or the same at least . The hotel charge me booking.com' s commesion fees . Hotel management. ..Shame on you!? Booking .com Shame on you.

Location, view and the Food

Rich breakfast.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Soft bread and toast at breakfast, i.e. bread for toothless people. Some wholemeal or stronger bread would be welcome. Opening hours of swimming pool, only from 9 am to sunset, i.e. no possibility to swim before breakfast. Bathroom tub and shower need revamping. Shower was too strong and not variable. For elderly people a bathtub is unpractical; a shower with handgrips would be more appropriate.

Rich breakfast. Polite and helpful staff. Spacious room with window to Patio (i.e. not bring heated up by sun). Sufficient space for accessories in bathroom. Balcony to Patio. Possibility to eat Egyptian/nubian style.

A Memroable Stay
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

The hotel staff was super excellent and so friendly , they have provided us with 2 rooms with very early check-in at 9 AM , and also late Check-out at 6 PM providing the rooms as per our request The breakfast food was very good and fresh The Sit-in area after breakfast overlooking the nile was a wonderful experience for everyday after breakfast and sunset times The view was vey nice our rooms were looking at the fountain area I do recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Luxor and I will definitely stay in while in Luxor

goo d service and safe hotel.
    • Classic Triple Room City View

The wireless was very expensive and very slow. They charged per device per night and we had three people in our room. It was 160 Egyptian pounds per day per device.

Enjoyed the location on the Nile and all the dining options that were available. Staff met our needs quickly and efficiently.

Saving to go back before it gets too hot.

Nothing at all.

The breakfasts were stupendous! So many choices and a croissant/bakery/pastries selection that no hotel could better. We were delighted with the service and standard this hotel creates daily. Go sample it for yourself - you will not be disappointed. Large beds, comfy chairs, soft towels, spa, pool, tennis(on the roof with fantastic views) great views of the Nile and so much to see and do. I HAVE TO GO BACK.

Above standards
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

Old hotel, less power outlets in the room. Wifi was not free in the room. You have to pay as an extra which is unfavourable side of the hotel.

The hotel was good in general, yet, there were few tourists in the region even it supposed to be high season. For this reason, hotel was so empty. Receptionists were nice and helpful. Great Nile view.

A Relaxing Stay...would Repeat

- Some employee misbehaviour at the Gym but nothing serious. Hotel Management responded quickly and we thank them for that. - Lack of On Site Clinic if case of emergencies -- I find this point important for a family with kids like us or senior guests. -- A Nearby medical site was available, but it seemed very ill equipped and understaffed. - Kids Club was closed during all our stay, our Son didn't have much to do. - No Privacy in Balcons -- The Balconies are very small, overlooking each other with very short separators, I could hear my neighbour's breath! No sense of privacy.

- Helpful staff, helped us with early checkin at 8am. - Very good Breakfast Buffet - Quite - Great Nile view despite our Side View Room - Very good Shisha and Nile boats prices

disappointing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

Quality of food served by the restaurant and at the breakfast is not what you would expect from a hotel of this rank. Our breakfast was included in the accommodation rate, but we were charged a very significant extra fee because we asked three cappuccinos when the waiter asked what we wanted to drink. Sauna was allegedly open, but in reality it was locked shut.

Very comfortable bed.

Best stay of our trip!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

It is sad that there are plenty insistent people offering horse carriage rides, taxi rides etc. this makes it quite difficult to just walk out the door and experience the area around the hotel without people hassling you. We did however eat at a lovely restaurant down the road and the hotel has a few excellent restaurants on site too.

The hotel is luxurious with beautiful views of the Nile! The room was very comfortable. Staff really went out of their way to please us! The swimming pool, breakfast, everything was excellent! The Italian restaurant on site serves yummy pizzas and we had a lovely Lebanese/middle-eastern dinner overlooking the Nile!

I will remember this stay for a long time
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Room was spacious. Location of the hotel was so good !! One triple room is perfect for a family of 4 members. Breakfast venue and menu both were fabulous. Outstanding value for money.

Good stay,
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

The on-site Lebanese restaurant meal was poor and quite expensive.

A nice hotel with some good facilities. Smallish swimming pool. Lovely views over the Nile. WiFi not free in rooms, but go and sit near the Business Centre and you get it for free. Good variety at breakfast.

Not a 5 star hotel
    • Classic Triple Room City View

Their free WiFi did not work. They charge you 100 EGP per device per day for WiFi in your room. We asked for late checkout side our flight was at 10 pm first they tell is they are booked which we knew they weren't. They they tried to sell us another night. After speaking with the manager we finally got to stay for 3 more hours until our tour guide came to get us.

The property is right on the Nile. You have a great view of Valley of the Kings if they give you the river facing view.

A very comfortable hotel for a reasonable price - recommended!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

slightly confusing experience on checkout - unclear if / how the bill matched the amount on my original booking.

Friendly staff, comfortable room, excellent Lebanese restaurant!

The Steigenberger is our Egyptian home
    • Prestige Suite Nile View

One of the room service boys was a bit too keen on tips. The cleaning staff could do with some English lessons.

We came back to the Steigenberger for the third time and enjoyed excellent service, friedly and helpful staff and a superior breakfast buffet. Chef Ali and all the waiters helped me most kindly as I was on crutches.

I will gladly come back here!
    • Classic Triple Room City View

The personnel is very hospitable and kind, the breakfast is superb, the choice of fresh real fruit juices at the breakfast buffet is outstanding! The salads at the terrace were very tasty and beautifully laid down on the plate. Just the excellence you hope for but not always get. Also excellent is the terrace with a view on the river Nile and nice pool.

Absolutely pleasant stay

The week we were there early November was pleasantly quiet but as a consequence two of the restaurants were not open which limited the choice somewhat if one did not want to go out for dinner.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, all very clean and well maintained, great view over the Nile from our room on the 5th floor, excellent breakfast buffet.

Great hotel great staff very clean,lovely and warm except pool..
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

To be honest the swimming pool was freezing, witch made my stay off putting.and when it’s hot you really do need a heated pool to cool down,the Nile is warmer, serious

Been to this hotel many times, it has a few problems witch need dealing with ASAP, before it’s to late, but overall it was a nice break, and good to see all the staff.

The balcony has the view of the Nile River, which is awesome.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

There is no free WIFI in the room. When we pay for it, the speed is really bad, honestly, almost none.

The balcony has the view of the Nile River, which is awesome. And the breakfast has both Egyptian style and western style.

Luxurious stay on the Nile

Tourism has really suffered in Egypt and so the few tourists that are around are hassled as soon as they step out the front door. Not too many shops or restaurants around the area.

Our room and bed were both very comfortable. We had a great view of the nile. Breakfast was great with a large variety. We only stayed one night so we don't know if it changes day to day. We didn't try the pool but it looked clean and felt warm.

A splendid experience...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

The travel desk - It is on the expensive side. Just step out of the hotel and you can cut a deal for the same tour with the local cabbie for half the price.

Everything. Fantastic place. Excellent food. You should try Layali Zaman, their tiny restaurant by the Nile. Incredible ambience. It is close to Luxor temple and Karnak temple. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Hotel is very good .

Everything beyond bed is for money Mini bar for money Wi Fi is for money Very overstated service charge on orintal breakfast breakfast is fair tasty not amazing

Hotel is very good ... view is amazing and room is very clean and comfortable also ...

Nickel & Diming
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

They nickel and dime you-I was a bit surprised to have to pay for room internet that worked no better than the free internet in the lobby (which didn't work well)

Nice hotel & good location

very lovely veiw of nile all the staffs was very kind :) we...

wifi;

very lovely veiw of nile all the staffs was very kind :) we stay only one night but all our 7 girls was very happy! reception mr Mustafa guide us very gently ! thank you )

Nice hotel and 20 minute walk to Luxor Temple

WiFi was bad. The rooms/food were more expensive then expected.

Really nice hotel and great location on the river. Views from balcony facing Nile are awesome.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The nile river view from the hotel was fantastic.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

Taxies and horse carriage drivers in front of the hotel was a bit scary. they followed us when we walk around the hotel...

The nile river view from the hotel was fantastic. I loved a cruising boat trip available from the hotel, great sunset view from the boat and very relaxing. They gave us a free cake, as it was our honeymoon trip.

Hotel with the best staff and amenities.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They really made our stay so memorable. The food for buffet for breakfast and dinner was amazing. So much available and a great variety. This hotel is a one stop shop, from food to ice creamery and gift shops - No need to leave.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Excellent place. Totally worth it.

- The swimming pool could have used more depth. - there was only one unused wall plug in the room and it was far from reach. - a misunderstanding with travel desk personnel: we clearly asked to see banana island and after we booked and went on the boat they told us that the island is closed.

- Friendly staff especially mustafa at the front desk. - the breakfast was nice. Pancakes are the best! It was very nice to be flexible about sohor time. - the shisha place by the river is AMAZING - the travel desk helps greatly and offers reasonable prices. Tour guides provided were excellent (Ahmed and Michael)

Ok stay on the Nile
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

Wifi should be able to work in rooms for this is 21st century. The have public wifi in lobby but it doesn't work consistently. Breakfast can be a little better with fresh juice and more fruit.

Staff were really nice at this property. Nice Nile view. Great pool.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

When advertised it stated free WiFi. When we got there free WiFi was only accessible in the lobby. We were told if we wanted to access WiFi in our rooms we had to pay extra

no sleeper, water for dinking, no internet, no soap score 1-10 ONLY 4!
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

no toothbrush, nothing for shaving, no soap, no sleeper for inside the room. no internet if u want u have to pay, no complimentary water inside the room. thinking that we are in 5 star hotel.

location ia very accesable to so many stores.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great breakfast.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

There is no WiFi in the rooms, and the WiFi in common areas barely works. Room seemed a bit outdated, but was very clean. One of the reception workers was about to let me call the car we had arranged to pick us up for the airport, but his manager (I assume) stopped him and made me to up to the "Business Center" to make the call, for which they ended up charging me 4 egyptian pounds. It was a local call.

Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Real treasure
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

Front desk person Sara stopped talking English when she discovered that my husband speaks Arabic, so most of the conversation she had in Arabic and I felt really stupid because I was the one who had questions. It was a spoon of dirt in my jar of honey

Breakfast was amazing, fresh and tasty. A Lebanese restaurant serves great food and employs the nicest people, we really enjoyed our dinner

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Best place to be beased in Luxor
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Free WiFi was not working, or it was so slow, that it did not lead anything. Paid WiFi however was working like charm almost everywhere in the hotel.

food was really good, Friendly staff, room was spacious with international TV channels. Balcony offered great view over city. Superior looks from hotel top floor over River Nile and West bank. Airport was only 10min drive away.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Greatest Place I have stayed in Luxor
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

The Internet was really slow and I ended up using my mobile for a hot-spot.

We had a great room overlooking the Nile. We spent eight nights here and it was the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. We enjoyed the restaurants and the location.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Nice hotel quite stay
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

Room service as I expect when am not able to go to the restaurant for the breakfast I can ask to get my breakfast at my room with only a charge but they told me it is not possible only in case you pay for it as am a visitor coming from outside the hotel ! ?

The location, the view and the staff

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Fantastic hotel in Luxor
    • Special Offer - Triple Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

This hotel is wonderful. What a treat. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was tasteful. Location along the Nile was beautiful. Apart from visiting beautiful Luxor, you could easily spend a day just in this hotel. Will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Still worth a visit, but standards have gone down
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

Sorry to say that the standards were quite poor. The attention to detail has gone from this hotel, when you sit down at tables they are often sticky from drinks or spills that have not been wiped up properly. After the first day we didn't even bother getting up for the breakfast anymore because it was not good and we felt like we wouldn't be missing anything. Tiny plates used for breakfast, could hardly fit anything on, literally could fit only 1 slice of toast on it, fruit salad looked so old with flies all over it, did not want to touch it. The pastries also so old and stale, I don't know why they don't just concentrate on a smaller selection that they can make fresh everyday, instead of having 27 types of pastries that are all stale from 2 days old. The best thing about the breakfast was the falafel which was made fresh infront of you and tasted delicious. The food in the Lebanese restaurant was not edible, I ordered falafel and halloumi, I left it on the plate after the first bite. Halloumi full of grease and oil, and falafel was horrible soft and wet in the middle and super super salty. I feel so bad giving such a review especially as I can see that the Hotel is suffering due to a lack of tourism but it is the truth. Sorry.

The location of the hotel on the Nile was lovely. The staff all over the hotel were polite and helpful and very professional. The oriental chill out place Leila .... was the best place in the hotel, nice relaxing atmosphere, good shisha, great staff. The Falafel was made fresh in front of you at the breakfast, which was the best thing about the whole breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

I can highly recommend this hotel!

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Especially Mustafa on reception and Hamdy in the Italian restaurant. I had a room with a side view of the Nile, which was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

steigenbergen nile palace a palace indeed
    • Classic Double or Twin Room Patio View

there is nothing to dislike about this hotel unlike some equal starred hotels nearby the NILE PALACE stands out

although slightiy expensive you get what you pay for I have never heard anyone complain I have stayed here many times and would definitely recommend it

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Staff are so unhelpful
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

Staff are very hostile, they never listen to you when you talk, the confirmation said check in 14:00 they kept me waiting till 15:00 until I got my room it wasn't ready, There was no welcome drink, the cups inside the room were containing the remainings of coffee they were not even washed......

Wideness of the room

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Excellent place with bad reception, unmatched specifications
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

1- Sarah and Mostafa in reception 2- delay in check in 3- no free wifi ( even in open area just signal without ability to receive or send ) 4- no welcome drink 5- delay in check out (paid extra person and waited for bill, left me while finishing other duties and when left, she sent security after me in the street to come back for receipt and tried to stop my car) very awful act

Everything except receptionist

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Good breakfast for vegetarians too
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

There was a strange smell in our room which comes from the bathroom. Somebody from the front desk call us at 10p.m. and offer us some extra program, but we were slept! They woke up us on the night with this phone call, and it was a very bad experience for us. We cannot understand why they called us at night...

- Good breakfast also for vegetarians - good quality towels - great room service ( we ordered pizza and pasta and it was ok)

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great location, needs serious renovation
    • Classic Double or Twin Room City View

Shower did not work well. The rooms smelled bit old. Free wifi was very poor. Had to buy wifi and even then it was one device per purchase.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Prob one of the top 4 to stay in Luxor
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Front Nile View

The free wifi is poor and let's down the experience of the hotel Even the paid for wifi is not good and as it is a conference centre with many visiting international people, they were all a bit disappointed. I guess we are used to fast speeds. Foot is expensive for this country and due to the Egyptian pound being low, the cocktails and doubles can be as expensive as the rooms.

The staff are excellent and very helpful. The view over the nile is second to none. If you get a nile view you can see the sunsets and wonderful views. The other rooms are juts as good but once you have that view you won't be happy with the other rooms. The pool staff are superbly friendly, really nice guys. Omar on reception is super helpful and does exactly what he says he will. They will give you breakfast boxes for the days out and room service is quick and the TV channels are good. The front city views are noisy but that is Luxor.... The food is good.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Strict check in and check out rules But very bad cleanliness rules

The room Matt was sticky and full of fingernails!!!! The hotel booklet was sticky too There was a table which was sticky too The wifi was very bad There was no bathrobe in the bathroom nor slippers , I called the room service to ask for it and they simply said that they are not available !!! This couldn't be a 5 stars Hotel

The location is very good The view was great

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Nice hotel but phone ahead to ensure that your room has been properly cleaned.
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

Cleanliness of room at check in. No view (patio rooms) Needs an upgrade since the building is old Eg they still have large crt tv's Magnetic card key needs to be tried several times before it opens. Room smelt of cigarette smoke.

Location Late checkout was possible at no extra charge Helpful and friendly staff. Good service. Good breakfast buffet. Nice terrace overlooking the Nile and pool.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

so good i like it
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

the room was with a city view but everything was perfect

everything is so good , the restaurants are so good many varieties no need to eat out of the hotel

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

My stay at Stiegenberger hotel in Luxor
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

On my arrival to the hotel, the reception let me waited for more than 2 hours as I arrived early without even some water or greating juice They refused to provide me with a Nile view room excused by unaviability of rooms Even my accommodation had no water cattle or iron and I asked for them, the hotel asked for extra charge and refused to upgrade my accommodation

Location and staffs

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Safe and secure comfortable hotel in good location
    • Special offer - Double Room- Egyptians and Residents Only

ADDITIONAL TAXESAbove Booking.com quote! I extended my stay for one week. Your quote was approx £192 for the extra week. Looked good! Then I discovered I had to pay and extra tourist /local tax AND when I came to pay at the desk I had to pay another 12%? / 14%? As I was not an Egyptian citizen. It was NOT clear on the quote that the £192 offer was for Egyptian citizens only!

Wonderful relaxing stay. Very friendly helpful staff. Excellent breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

I didn't expect that from Steigenberger.
    • Special Offer - Triple Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

-The staff are not helpful and the reception ignore your requests. -The Air conditioning system doesn't work and we complain more than one time without any solutions. -They only provide you with one bottle of water for your whole stay. -The rooms are not that good for a 5 stars hotel. I stayed on Steigenberger in more than one city in Egypt, but i am not satisfied with my stay on Steigenberger Luxor .

-The location was great and near everything. -The cost per night was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The bed had fleas or some sort of insect as my husband was...

The bed had fleas or some sort of insect as my husband was bitten. They tended to put people of colour on one side of hotel. It seemed that Asians Indians etc. on one side and Europeans on the side facing the Nile. Took 2 hours to check in.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Still amazing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room Side Nile View

Wi fi slow

Staff was amazing as always . Breakfast was amazing as usual . Nile side view beautiful and more importantly quiet. Worth the extra dollars to stay on Nike side

Browse Steigenberger Nile Palace - Convention Center traveller photo gallery