Reviews of Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor 5 stars

Corniche El Nile, East bank, Luxor, Egypt

#5 of 42 hotels in Luxor

9.8

Location, breakfast very good, staff excellent

It’s an old hotels that’s lost a little of its shine, yet still behaves as though it’s a grand european hotel.

Location, breakfast very good, staff excellent

Upscale stay at historic hotel
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

This is not the fault of the hotel but please do be careful once you step outside hotel with Taxi's and other potential touts outside since the hotel is next to the corniche and Luxor temple. I had an issue with a Taxi driver going to airport with the agreed price, which I did not fall for, just be strong and affirmative.

Our room was upgraded and it was excellent with view of Nile. The hotel is very big, historic with a nice garden and excellent pool. Food at the hotel was excellent, Breakfast is very diverse, Lunch is simple but tasty and Dinner was excellent with different dining options. Staff were all excellent and very attentive, they even allowed us to use a spare room since we had a late departure. We used the lounge to view World Cup games.

Simply the best in Luxor.

Nothing really.

Simply the best in Luxor. The service was great, dinner at the garden was very romantic and huge in proportion. Breakfast was quiet and with lots of choices.

Perfect!
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The beer and wine were occasionally served warm. The music was a bit repetitive.

The hotel is very beautiful - ( old winter palace). The staff is excellent - thank you very much to Mohamed Ahmed at the reception desk who always had a smile and a solution to any issues brought to his attention. The staff at the pool and the restaurant for the breakfast and bbq were very good too. The gardeners need a medal for such a beautiful well maintained garden. We have travelled extensively and stayed at many 4-5 star hotels but our stay at the Sofitel winter palace was one of the best and most memorable and I really think credit has to be given to the staff who made us feel so welcome.

Lovely hotel and staff
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

Wifi wasn’t working at out arrival. A couple of hours later was restored but still working slow (as almost the whole country).

Historical building, great staff. Delicious breakfast and french restaurant.

Grande dame
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

A/C in room could not keep up with 45° outdoor temperatures. Staff at times could be too attentive - checking every two minutes to see if I needed anything at breakfast.

Elegant building and grounds (though showing some wear in places); room had a beautiful balcony with Nile views; friendly helpful staff for whom nothing was a problem.

it was the most luxurious and amazing place to stay.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

nothing could have been better !

it was the most luxurious and amazing place to stay. everything from the wonderful breakfast selection, to the helpful service to the perfect pool surrounded by beautiful gardens just made this the perfect holiday

MAGNIFIQUE!!!!
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Leaving the hotel..:( we wanted to stay more..

We had a "MAGNIFIQUE" experience during our stay in the Winter Palance Luxor. We loved almost everything! The breakfast buffet at La Corniche, the endless surprises everytime we enter our room, the splendid garden, the luxurious interior, etc. but what we loved the most is their staff. Keep it up, guys!

The dinner in the garden was wonderful, and the breakfast...

The dinner in the garden was wonderful, and the breakfast was great considering both the food and the restaurant itself. Rooms are comfy and clean, but I expected a better nile view, but I hardly saw it. Food and coffee were great, especially the desserts! Superb!

Winter Palace is a timeless classy lady
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

What I did not like is of little significance, like the slow Wi-Fi.

Winter Palace is a timeless classy lady, like Nefertari. It spoils the guest by its location, staff, restaurants, gardens, views and more. The big bonus is the proximity of the Theban sites. It was a perfect stay, however, a short one. After getting a feel for the place my wife wondered why we had not come for a two-week holiday to Luxor rather than combine it with Hurghada. To my joy, she wants to return, soon.

Very professional and helpful staff.
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

Very professional and helpful staff. A taxi driver overcharged me seriously for a drive to the airport. I complained about this at reception desk. The hotel staff caught the taxi driver a bit later and made him pay back the overcharge. That's what I call being dedicated to guests. Wonderful location. Great swimming people. Stunning garden, but above all wonderful staff. The stay in the hotel is an absolute recommendation.

Perfect place for exploring Luxor and relaxing at the pool
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

This is the perfect place for your time in Luxor. It is easy to walk to luxor temple, the market area and restaurants. After your tours you can relax in an amazing park and pool area.

A hotel with a long history and good facilities.
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

A hotel with a long history and good facilities. The furniture in the room looks atmospheric and luxurious. Especially with its exquisite gardens and excellent location, I do not regret choosing this hotel.

Great Stay at one of the worlds Great Hotels.
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

This place is great, but the paint is chipping and peeling, the plaster is broken and the tiles are cracked, fixtures broken and furniture worn. BUT, it is better than almost every other hotel in Egypt. But with all that said. it's still a great place to stay. Oh, one more thing, Who the heck decided to paint that beautiful WHITE building, the Winter Palace BROWN??? Holy Cow, that was stupid!

I liked almost everything. This is one of the worlds great hotels, but the place is showing its age. Take a clue from the Cataract and bring it on home! You have a great hotel, don't let it go the way of most of the great English Colonial building in Egypt. That would be a crime.

A great hotel...and an even better head concierge!
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The best concierge service I have ever experienced - Eslam Mohammed - provided an experience to myself and my family that was unforgettable - we are sure to return soon!

We really enjoyed our stay, and would love to stay there again - if we are ever in Luxor again.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Loved the breakfast, but would like a small selection of gluten-free breads. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We loved the ambiance of the hotel, and the gardens were truly wonderful and relaxing to wander round. The hotel is well situated for boats, Luxor temple, and "tourist" souk.

A taste of old world luxury
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

Lovely atmospheric old hotel with original antique furnishings, big bedrooms with high ceilings, but excellent modern facilities. Huge garden, lovely pool, beautiful food .

Not Perfect But A Lovely Stay and A Good Value
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The guys hawking horse carriage rides, taxis and feluccas on the sidewalks and riverside walk across from the hotel are annoying and really detract from the nice location.

The garden, pool and poolside dining were lovely. The main building is in need of attention but is still beautiful.

Never to forget in my life
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

After check in ,we went shopping. And leave my room key in reception. When we came back, the staff asked me what pay for other person payment.( I missed what I booked rooms for ones. And the staff asked the other person payment). OK ,that was no problem. But when I required the hotel's staff back my room key and I got my credit card, they rejected. It's inconceivable for international hotel.

靠近尼罗河,进入酒店之后感觉和外面世界完全不同

Great location and the outdoor area is fantastic.
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

The rooms are a little old and dingy. The elevator kept getting stuck between floors. Needs major renovations.

The location and the outdoor area is fantastic!

Definitely not a 4 Star. Maybe a 2 star. But heard there is nothing better than this in Luxor.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Before I entered the hotel, I knew this was not going to be good. The carpet on the steps leading up to the entrance was in a very bad condition; not something I was expecting at a Sofitel. When I entered the hotel I was taken aback with the condition of the lobby. Yes it is a old hotel and supposed to have the old charm. There was some old charm in the architecture but it was dirty and not well kept. The maintenance was horrible. It felt like I stepped into a cheap motel. When we were making it to the rooms, the hallway carpets and the carpets in the room were so dirty that me and my wife were not comfortable to walk barefoot in the room. Even though the bathroom was pretty decent size, the bathtub was weird in that it was rounded in the bottom and not flat. Therefore, it was not easy to stand. I felt like I was about to slip and fall down in the tub. Oh, there was a shower curtain that went around the front and the side which was nice; no water on the floor. In addition to the terrible condition of the hotel itself, the service was also horrible. I called the front desk to extend my stay and the guy said he would call me back after checking the room rates. He never did. Called again after couple of hours. Same thing. Never called back. Same thing with the concierge. I called to make train reservations to Cairo The guy said he would check the train schedule and call back. Never did. Next morning, I called to get my bill ready before I went down as I was running late for the airport. When I went down to front desk 30 mins later, of course my bill was not ready and I had to wait more than 5 mins for the guy to figure everything out and another 5 mins to run my credit card. The guy had to try 3 different card readers as they were not working. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Oh by the way, there is another restaurant called 1881 (or 1661?) at this hotel and it has a dress code - a tie and jacket are required.

The gardens and the pool was wonderful. The food was also great at the pool side restaurant and the one inside where breakfast is served. The restaurant staff were well trained and were pretty good. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The location was right across from the Nile and within 2 minute walk to Luxor Temple.

I redeemed miles for my stay. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The rooms in the older building are a bit outdated; could use more outlets, better bathroom lighting.

The property is well kept, pretty, and relaxing. Lovely garden atmosphere, nice pool and lounging area. The decor of the hotel is classic, nice bar and restaurant. Friendly and helpful staff. Convenient area.

Old style charm and elegance,shame about a few guests who loved to upset guests wit( their loud
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Not a lot, only comment was not enough hangers in wardrobe or places to put clothes, we stayed eight nights so found it lacking space.

Food excellent ! But it is five star hotel so hence five star prices be warned.

Start your Nile cruise to Aswan with an exclamation point!

It was a perfect stay.

The atmosphere is hard to beat — the elegance of the architecture, perfectly decorated and maintained. To climb the stairway and walk the halls is to feel as if one has gone back in time. We received a free upgrade with a balcony overlooking the back garden. Service was first-rate. We would stay again.

Apart from the above, we had an a lovely holiday.
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

1)Attempting to give me a room with a widow rather than a balcony as I booked. 2)As good as the hotel is, the harassment infront of it from taxi drivers, horse drawn carriage drivers and fluka owners was extremely off putting. Made us fearful of leaving the hotel to run that gauntlet 😔😡

Very polite, extremely helpful staff.

Very unique experience, the Victorian style of the building...

Wifi was a little slow.

Very unique experience, the Victorian style of the building has great atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful and upgrades our room to a suite. We loved our experience.

Great experience, close to airport, historic hotel,...
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Great experience, close to airport, historic hotel, breakfast included and excellent buffet. personnel was very polite and acomodated all our requests.

Fabulous trip
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The hospitality was beyond compare. From the moment I checked in I felt as if I had come home.The owners are gracious, generous hosts. The entire hotel is decorated with a beautiful collection of art.Rooms are very spacious with a very clean bathroom and a balcony with an amazing view.Very helpful and professional staff and i would like to say thanks a lot to Mr Mohamed Salah for everything he did for us and the great attitude, always smiling and helpful really you are lucky to have such an amazing guy like him Thanks again and we will be back soon.

Strongly recommended both because of the facilities and the staff.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Everything was excellent but what made a difference was the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, especially of the reception, who helped us enjoy every single minute at the property.

Old world charm still exists, with enough of the modern...
    • Luxury King or Twin Room with Nile View

They wanted to charge an extra $50 for a roll-away bed for a child, but the rate booked was for two adults and two children so I took that to mean that suitable beds for that combination was included in the rate. Manager relented. We also got a bit bored of the food offerings after two full days, but at least what was on offer was very good.

Old world charm still exists, with enough of the modern creature comforts to keep a young family content and comfortable. Various friends had all said the Winter Palace was the boy place to stay in Luxor and although I can't compare to other hotels, we were very happy and will stay there again on our next trip. Our seven year old thought it was the best hotel ever. Excellent location walking distance to Luxor Temple and the Mummification museum. Staff were excellent. I hope they see more tourism in the coming months and years.

Great value for money, combines relaxation with proximity to the most important sights of Luxor
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

We have no complaints whatsoever.

The location of the hotel is very convenient, close to Luxor temple and the center. The great park which belongs to the hotel and the big pool are wonderful to relax after sightseeing. The rooms are spacious, equipped with very comfy beds and free wifi. A large breakfast buffet with an enormous variety and choice of Western and Egyptian food will make your day. If you look for a hotel with atmosphere this is the place to go.

The staff were so helpful and extremely professional.
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The staff were so helpful and extremely professional. Superb view. Very Close to the important archaeological sites. Historical significance was so obvious in every inch. The landscapes are extremely romantic...

Wonderfully relllll
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Rooms need an upgrade in a hotel of this value. Although comfortable they are rather shabby and dated.

Situation wonderful. Beautiful gardens and impressive public rooms. Excellent service

We had a wonderful stay at the Old Winter palace.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The hotel is very charming and has fully kept its historical atmosphere. The location of the hotel was perfect (next to the Luxor temple), the rooms are well equipped and comfortable, the room service was excellent and the staff professional. The restauration offering could be improved at lunchtime.

The best hotel experience of our lives. We would love to go back one day.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The front of the building could have benefitted from some re-decoration / re-paint, but this was not in the hands of the owners.

This hotel was simply the best my wife and I have stayed in, ever. I would commend the staff above all. Clearly the place is managed superbly. Every single member of staff was highly motivated to make our stay (celebrating my wife's 50th) truly memorable. It was obvious they had all been told to make decisions as individuals and they were all so proud of the place. It was beautiful (building / grounds / swimming pool), classy, without being stuffy or over- formal. Top marks!

It is a real treat to stay in such a famous old hotel that has retained all its character.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Everything is perfect here.

I love the historical ambience offered here and took the chance to view the rooms once occupied by Howard Carter, Lord Carnarven and the royal suite of King Farouk. I hope one day to stay in one of these very special rooms.

Short stay but very nice
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The pool closes sharp at sunset. After all day of sightseeing in Luxor in 47 degree heat up to 5 pm, would have been nice to be able to enjoy the pool and relax in the area a little longer. For a 5 star hotel, they need to introduce more wine selection ( from local egyptian wineries) to the dinner menu.

Great Hotel, very professional staff at reception. This property was a winter palace turned into hotel. They upgraded us to King Faroukh room with original furniture. Even though it is a little old/dated, very clean and was so exciting to sleep in the beautiful room that King used to sleep in. Lovely pool & garden. Great location.

Friendly staff, unbelievably efficient!
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Nothing. Everything was amazing. I can't wait to come back.

Friendly staff, unbelievably efficient! I felt like Cleopatra in this hotel! One of the best levels of service I have seen in my life. The facilities were very comfortable, clean, pretty, very well taken care of. Food was good, lots of options for breakfast. The garden and the pool were amazing too!

Old world luxury.
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Hotel is surrounded by very harrassing taxi and horse-cart drivers.

Luxurious old world style. Staff very professional and friendly. Premium products in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Luxury in Luxor
    • Superior King Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

The Winter Palace is an historical building beautifully outfitted. Comfortable, grand and interesting. The gardens are a pleasure in a country that has few green spaces. The staff were helpful, happy and good at their work. A relaxing place after the heat and the Temple and Tomb highlights of Egypt. Thank you to all the staff at the Winter Palace Hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

If you have stayed at the Winter Palace, then do it!!
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The shower could have been better.

I have a property in El-Boghdady and have visited the pool restaurant and Piano Bar on numerous occasions, however this is the first time I have stayed at the Winter Palace. After a very busy three weeks of moving properties, I fancied some chill out time relaxing after my husband returned to England as I am staying on for another two weeks. The relaxation I certainly achieved and thoroughly enjoyed. The things I particularly enjoyed were the fantast breakfast, my lovely room and the attentiveness and politeness of the staff who were also friendly. I have a friend visiting from England next week and so I shall be paying you another visit! I have also instructed my husband that we will be spending Christmas at the Winter Palace! I will be back in early November and saying until mid January, so that will be a nice break in between. Only one small downside: the shower was not as good as mine at home. But back on the upside again, I was able to check out five hours after I should have done for which I am extremely grateful. Thanks you all for a fantastic stay!!!

Great hotel
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The only thing that could have used improvement was the shower situation. The shower head wasn't great and I never could seem to get the temperature I wanted. I don't mean for this to be a complaint because everything really was great.

Elegant property with world class service. I loved walking around the gardens at night. Special recognition goes to head concierge Mohamed Ali for exceeding expectations to get some items back to me that I left in the room.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Magic old world charm
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

What we did not like was that there was not a non smoking area around the pool, in the bar, in the lounge. The culture of endless hassling in the streets. We understand it is not the Hotels fault.

Staff, food, ambience, history, gardens, pool, location.

incredible
    • Luxury King or Twin Room with Nile View

I have now stayed at the Sofitel winter palace for over 8 nights in the last months. It is by far one of the greatest hotels I have ever stayed at. The thing that makes this hotel so special are the staff - Everyone is incredibly friendly & professional. From the porters, front desk, security, cleaning and to lounge staff - they all work together to make this one of the greatest accommodation experiences you can hav Anytime I have had a problem or question - it has been fixed immediately. It is always with great excitement that I come back to visit this hotel as I now feel like it is a second home, an the staff as my second family.The corporation should take great pride in this property and its staff- and other hotels can learn a lot of lessons from this great hotel. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this great hotel! It is also very well situated in a fantastic location. The food is always incredible, and the rooms are clean and in perfect order. In days I can not think of a single fault - truly incredible.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

One of The Best in Luxor
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The room was huge with a good balcony facing the garden. The feel of the hotel is like an old world charm. Even the bellboys and the housekeeping were always there for you to ask for anything that you might need.

Memorable stay!
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Just beware of the horse carriage people.

Memorable stay! Felt like royals!Thanks to Ms Randa for the free upgrade.Restaurant 1886 was really classy ,excellent & value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice garden, let down by some poor staff.
    • Superior Twin Room with Nile View

Some staff were rude and unhelpful. Our booking was lost and it took several hours to get into our room. Toilet blocked several times during our stay.

Beautiful gardens, some staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Warning needed from staff if you want to sleep!
    • Superior King Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

My family and I were two rooms (363) away from the antique elevator and didn't notice until we had arrived back from a long day of sight seeing, that the constant noise and loud knocking, banging and humming of the lift would keep us up all night. I can't imagine how the person/persons in the room immediately adjacent to the lift could stay. This unfortunately brought down the whole experiance as we had a full day and needed to wake at 3:30am for a hot air ballon ride... as you can imagine the following day was very tough without a good nights sleep!

The history of this property was the major draw and of course that does not disappoint, however the facility could use some touching up and overall attention to detail when it comes cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The history and luxury combined make this a fantastic hotel in Luxor
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The staff were amazing- we were upgraded to an incredible garden room with a balcony and made to feel like royalty our whole visit. We were on 5 day tour and this was the highlight of our trip- so relaxing and great to feel pampered. The most incredible aspect of this hotel is the history.

How is thus a 5 star hotel
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

Everyting is poor. This should not be rated a 5 star hotel. The rooms where dirty, the tub was dirty. We tested if they clean the hotel room properly by putting a used matchstick on the sink, it stayed there for 2 days. Under the bed seems to have never been vaccumed. The mugs we used to drink tea where left there unwashed for 2 days. The food was terrible in the hotel and most of the facilties are empty. The staff was nice but untrained and not professional.

The hotel as historic building and its location is great.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

A lifetime dream came true
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Excellent and friendly service by the staff upon arrival as well as departure. We also got upgraded to a royal suite which made our stay unforgettable!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Highly recommended in Luxor - the best
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Everything was flawless, no bad review

I stayed for one night, got sick on the day of check in and the hotel was very helpful to assist me get the necessary medication. Next day breakfast was outstanding, the best I had in a long time in Egypt hotels, service is so special and warm

the heritage of this lovely hotel makes it a must and all the staff know their job ..
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

the pool!!! When in Luxor you just have to see all the amazing sights but to come back to this beautiful pool in a lovely garden is like stepping into paradise

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

From arrival to departure it was a pleasurable experience at the Winter Palace.
    • Superior Twin Room with Nile View

Nothing to change in this great hotel

It was a wonderful experience, friendly and very helpful staff. Charming hotel with patina yet modern and well kept. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

A great place to remember an earlier time in Luxor.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Breakfast got a little old after a week, not much variation. The hotel is due for some serious renovations ... now approaching shabby chic.

Can not have better location in Luxor, hotel is full of atmosphere and history, good value at this time.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Pleasure to be there

Bathroom

It.was a plesure to be there..amazing Hotel...with a famous History....the furniture was beautiful and the garden unbelivable...bed was comfortable but the bathroom Not Really Clean.. Breakfast dont.know.where to Start.and.where.to.end...fantasric

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Excellent and friendly service.
    • Superior Twin Room with Nile View

Excellent and friendly service. Best fresh lobster with fantastic risotto I have ever eaten. Very good restaurant. The location especially the green garden is fantastic. Everyone tried his best for a happy stay

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

A Palace overlooking the River Nile
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Built in 1886 and once the Egyptian royal family winter palace this hotel has the faded charm and glamour you would expect. Overlooking the Nile at the front and with beautiful gardens at the rear it is, for me, a wonderful place to stay in Luxor. My room, 225, was spacious and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the gardens. This meant that the room was nice and quiet - although if you have the windows open the cruise ships can be heard hooting as they arrive and depart in the wee small hours.... I used Luxor as a base for exploring the area and stayed at the Sofitel Winter Palace for 5 nights as there is so much to see around here. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide choice and freshly prepared eggs to your liking. Eating in the evening meant trying to figure out which restaurant would be open - but at least I didn't have to worry about any anachronistic dress-codes. The staff are nice and friendly and the gardens are lovely but I got the feeling the hotel has seen better days. The hotel was nowhere near full during my stay, which added to the slightly low-key atmosphere. The hotel does need a major refurbishment to bring it up to modern standards - unlikely to happen while tourist numbers remain low - but it was nice to wander around and take in the history, the fading glamour and enjoy its undeniable charm.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The building itself is wonderful, and the location great...
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

The staff were rarely accommodating (other than the receptionists, who were great) and most facilities could not really be used. Some examples provided here: There is a huge garden with a couple of bars/restaurants, which were always empty. The reason being that during the day, tables were mainly provided in the shade (not possible to move them to the sun). During the evening it was cold, there was no lighting, no blankets or warmers (no possible to obtain any). The breakfast was great, but it was forbidden to take coffee or milk back to the room. The restaurant (French/European) was really bad. A poor immitation of European food.

The building itself is wonderful, and the location great (next to Luxor temple and by the river). Badly needs refurbishing, but that is not necessarily negative if you enjoy shabby chic.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Feel a little like Royalty!
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

No tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms

Great location - over the road from the River Nile and around the corner from the magnificent Luxor Temple. Delicious breakfast buffet and wonderful service from all staff. The pool area and gardens are beautiful. Loved the old fashioned style and glamour of this 130 year old palace.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

A dream vacation at the Sofitel Winter Palace Hotel
    • Luxury King or Twin Room with Nile View

The bathroom could have been modernized slightly, other than that, everything was great.

The staff was excellent -- very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was fantastic. The breakfast buffet was also very good.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Relaxing, historical, sunny. You will never forget that Luxor is the oldest all over the world.
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Not updating the price rate on booking it will make some problem because if I went direct to the hotel it had be less than I booked through booking. Booking Team Please put system to be sure that your rate will be better than direct contract with the hotel. All the prices in Egypt need update and care that you have rate for local people and other origin. Booking.com must serve Egyptians, they are more than 60% of the Egyptian market. Hopefully to have a good feedback.

For the people who likes the Culture and ancient civilization. It will be the best experience in your life

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

What a awesome welcome by Mohammed from the Reception!
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Can not think of anything ;-)

What a awesome welcome by Mohammed from the Reception!!! He made our night by setting up a table on the terras instead of the restaurant what i requested so greatly. My husband had his birthday and a cake and a birthday song was brought to us after dinner. So great! I for sure come back soon!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Splendid view over the Nile an outdated charm between queen Victoria and Agatha Christie
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

the carpet in the room had old stain marks. One can feel it used to be a palace. Now is a nice old fashion hotel.

Excellent bed. Professional, helpful and kind staff. Beautiful gardens, swimming pool and balcony in the room with Nile view. Everyone is doing his best: concierge, reception, pool, bars, desk staff ...

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

An amazing visit to Luxor

The depressed tourism economy is a hard burden for the hardworking Egyptians.

Breakfast was abundant, diverse, and delicious! Beds were wonderfully comfortable! Staff was always very helpful! The antiquities in the area are beyond compare!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Glad it was only 3 nights
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

Hidden costs and hotel has a shower inside bathtub. That hotel must be rated 3 star because the bedrooms are the size of regular 3 star bedrooms in South Africa! Overrated!

For R3000 a night which was initially R2000 a night and there were hidden costs we didn't know about, at R3000 a nice night there was no breakfast included. The dinner meal were supper expensive and not filling! We paid on average R500 pp for a not filling dinner. Depressing and disappointing!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Good location very near to Nile river, big room with clean...
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The crew asked us to pay in dollars while it's finally paid by Egyptian pounds

Good location very near to Nile river, big room with clean facilities. An old hotel with a long history. Maybe it's the best in Luxor

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I loved the location on the bank of the Nile and close to...
    • Superior Twin Room with Nile View

The hotel is very grand but in need of an update and a cleaning. The glass chandeliers were dusty as was the whole hotel. It felt a bit rundown. I did however love the grandness of the hotel.

I loved the location on the bank of the Nile and close to everything.

Excellent staff very friendly

Excellent staff very friendly

More variety in food.

More variety in food. Especially in Vegetarian food

Classic/Vintage luxurious experience
    • Classic King Room with Garden View

Taxi drivers and scammers attack you as soon as you leave the hotel :D

Classic/Vintage luxurious experience

It was a paradise in Luxor.
    • Classic King Room with Nile View

The air conditioning wasn’t the best

It was a paradise in Luxor. Beautiful old world charm, fabulous food, great service and lovely gardens

• Classic Twin Room with Nile View

Historical charm in the heart of Luxor
    • Classic Twin Room with Nile View

A historical hotel that has kept it's charm in a great location next to Nile and Luxor temple.

Hotels don't come better than this when it comes to upholding fine tradition.

No issues.

First class service. Fabulous facilities. Great food. Top class in all areas. Perfect relaxing stay.

Browse Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor traveller photo gallery