Reviews of Marina d'Or® Hotel Marina D'Or 3* 3 stars

La Antina, 12594 Oropesa del Mar, Spain

#39 of 89 hotels in Oropesa del Mar

5.7

Would not stay here again, food disappointing, not 4 star, definitely not for us.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Was supposedly upgraded from 3star Marina DÓr to Gran Duque 4 star. However, no way was this 4 star. We had asked for twin beds however the room consisted of a large double bed with a sofabed made up next to it. There was a single bed also at the foot of the double bed. My husband and I used the double bed. There was not a bed cover in sight on any of the 3 beds, just a sheet and a blanket. The food was very disappointing. The starter and desserts were fine but all the main course food was cold and overcooked.

Easy parking and quiet at night in the bedroom.

Very Bad Experience
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

The room was very cold and I asked for extra heater but they didnt respond. Even they left balcony door open second day which made my room colder. I saw bug in bathroom floor. Breakfast was very bad. I only had coffee in the buffet even that was very bad. I had particuls in my coffee and I see that after I finished, I assume that was burned coffee bean particulas... Discusting

All good.

Out of season. Buffet was crap. A lot of restaurants and shops closed for winter. Place is probably booming and great fun in Summer.

All good. Relaxing time. Enjoyed the stay.

Value for money hotel

The air conditioning didn't work.

Clean and value for money 55 Euro for two in a double room for one night. This a quick overnight stay. Central location just off the motorway. Breakfast catered for all tastes. Clearly a Spanish holiday destination. We paid extra 10 euro for secure underground parking.

Regular.

We are a Spanish couple from Benidorm who were recommended by some collegues from work (who have kids). On arrival the receptionists could have smiled at least. The room we have no complaints about it was very spacious for a couple with a bathroom. The cleaners I must add, work hard and do their job well and are pleasant people who greet us every morning. However, the buffet. *Breakfast: It was ok, it took them a while to bring bread out everytime it finished and two bread toasters weren't working and only one was to which there was a queu as you can imagine. On one occasion, they have sugary bread called "torrijas" they made the silliest mistake ever and instead of covering them with sugar they covered them in salt. Someone told the chef and he apologized and replaced them. A bit of a strange mistake to make! *Lunch: When I arrived to where the paellas were the "paella de carne", I put some on my plate and rudely got told by a chef to put it back! And he just took the paella away. Again, strange. Next, went to get some cokes and water came out instead of the drink dispenser. Deserts look appealing to the eye but in general are tasteless. Also to add, kids run riot in the buffet lounge which is annoying. In the case of people who want to relax and eat quietly it's hard to do with kids screaming and crying everywhere. It would be an idea for kids to have there own buffet room. Food overall was tasteless and not so good quality. (Everybodies comments say the same, so it'd not just us). The paella was nice. The Spa we went to and the jacuzzi "2". We went there to relax, and, there were kids just everywhere screaming, splashing people and just running around everywhere, I thought spa's were for relaxing time, it was quite stressful. Again, there should be somewhere else for kids to go to. The Balneario was very good (recomendable).

La habitación.

Close to the beach. Don't expect the Ritz.

Finding the location was easy enough using google maps but there was no designated check in area so after passing the front entrance once I decided to park in the taxi area across the street to the right. Checking in was unpleasant as well. They didn't speak any English and straight up ignored me for 5 minutes walking around and whatnot before acknowledging me. I gave them my printed out confirmation but she kept on insisting that I wanted the buffet to which I kept on saying that I did not and I only wanted the room. Then I told them I needed parking which was fine until they asked me for my license plate number in Spanish. I told them I had to go out front and get it off the rental car and they stopped me. For 5 minutes we danced around what they wanted until I googled a picture of a license plate and they said si. What should have taken 10 minutes took 30 but whatever. Then I went to there parking lot which has a card scanner but of course that didn't work. So I had to ring them on the monitor and of course they didn't speak English so I showed them my white registration slip and they buzzed me in. It was the same mess leaving as well. The room was just ok. In that I accepted it because I was there for the festival and beach. I would have been much more upset if this were a destination that I sought out to have a vacation. The room was clean but everything was old, the shower doors had rust on them and it just looks as if this place was lacking in the maintenance. The A/C unit also looked retrofitted and the compressor was located on the balcony sending super hot air into your face if you sat out there when it was running. Overall I would give the hotel a 2 star rating on par with a motel that you find along side the interstate. I would say however, that the employees were all very nice and accommodating throughout our stay but it did seem that they didn't enjoy their jobs very much.

The location to the beach was great. That's about it.

Excellent breakfast and sea view.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

No separate room/lounge to relax. Area for sitting was near reception and open doors and therefore air conditioning was less effective. Poor Wi-Fi in rooms.

Excellent breakfast and sea view.s

It's right by the beach, and there are plenty of...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Our stay was very overpriced, probably because we stayed here for the Benicassim festival. The breakfast buffet was quite poor quality food. The wifi was terrible, seemingly throughout the hotel.

It's right by the beach, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. We stayed here for Benicassim festival and they offer a shuttle service (€55 for 4 days) to and from the festival, so it was relatively easy to get there. This place would probably suit a family with kids more than a couple.

Misleadingly advertised - pool shown not included.

The pool - the booking.com page on the hotel advertises the amazing looking pool so we believed this would be included. However this was not and was a ridiculous price and the included pool wasn't shown in photos and was not very nice. It was also a little walk away and hard to find. Room was basic for the price we paid and there was a huge thing of hair left in my shower from the people before. Gross. Staff were not very helpful and pretty useless.

Air con

Overall a good base for Benicassim festival
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

Difficult to get taxis and the hotel could not help. Wi-Fi poor Some staff were not friendly at all and lost touch with the fact they are serving customers Viewing the pool are from the 3* location and told that is the 5* pool so can't enter! English in the area is not common so without speaking Spanish conversing can be a little difficult

Room good for a 3* €50 gift card can be used in local shops and is an incredible offer. Proximity to local amenities. 2-3 quality restaurants Felt safe for my 15 year old daughter and friend

4.0
    Not Pleasant

There was very little to like about this Hotel. It was opposite a very noisy building site, it took over 20 minutes to check in even though there was no queue. The facilities were limited. The buffet meals were invariably cold. We were happy to leave

When we arrived at the Hotel Marina d'Or we were told we had been moved to the Gran Duque.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

A mini Vegas meets Disneyland - but they have your numbers
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

Despite having my credit card details to secure the booking, and my paying for the room on arrival, the desk clerk took a photocopy of my card,.I am seriously offended by this, it makes a nonsense of data privacy. When I questioned it at the desk, I was told all clients had their credit cards photocopied. The staff could not tell me for how long, or where, this confidential information is kept. All their guests are thus vulnerable to fraudulent use of their cc numbers. I will be taking legal advice on this matter.

Appreciated being upgraded. The hotel was corporate perfection.

Not recommended :(

Dirty room, old bathroom with stains. Breakfast resembled a canteen (a dirty one) wouldn't accommodate us having breakfast at 7am instead of 8am on the day we were leaving. Leak in foyer with buckets under it. This review is for the Marina d'or 4 * as they had actually upgraded us!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I am not happy at all
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

From reception to the restaurant staff and accommodation staff is not frindly I am very annoyed and dis appointed to hotel and my stay there Is too expensive

I am not happy at all Thanks

If any one decide to go to this resort strongly recommend book full board. Other ways every expensiv
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Every thing it was very expensive

Location it was perfect

Was a good choice.

Everything was Ok.

Divertida
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Es casi imposible conectarse a la red wifi, por no decir imposible!! En la gran duque 4 estrellas

Marina dor
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

Bathroom was clean, but room was full of dust. Breakfast was ok, but coffee machine worked very bad.

Good location, nice view from window

not over quick enough !

staff rude and unhelpful ...rooms disgusting !

it was only 1 night !

Relation between price cost and quality.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult + 1 Child)

Shops around were closed, there wasn't much movement around the hotel.

Relation between price cost and quality.

A little disappointing but OK value for money. Modern building sadly already showing signs of age.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Noisy. Hotel is showing signs of wear and tear.

size of room. location.

THE SHOWER WAS TERRIBLE

THE SHOWER WAS TERRIBLE

Horrible

Todo

Bad choice. Do not take it

It is too expensive according to what it gives. Its wifi does not work.

Its location

Great stay :)

Bed was quite small!

Staff very friendly and more than happy to help!

Great family location.

Long ques at check in and out

Great facilities and good family destination

Nice hotel in a good location for families
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Comfortable beds and great sea view

taxis and transport to other parts of the area would be very...

taxis and transport to other parts of the area would be very challenging without a car

I liked the pool and spa

Food

I liked the pool and spa

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Perfect location, perfect breakfest and SPA!

Perfect location, perfect breakfest and SPA! Thank you!

+ breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

+ breakfast + close to the beach

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Spanish Disney and butlins, great family fun

Very loud music seemed to play until 2 am, but there seemed to be no one about listening to it.

Great location for family and fun with friends.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Got moved to the Gran Duque as she of season and Marina...

Got moved to the Gran Duque as she of season and Marina D'or 3 was closed. The Gran Duque is great. Good food. Great staff. Lovely rooms. Indoor pool amazing. We had a great time and will be staying again!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

I liked the free upgrade to the 4 star hotel , also found...

The wifi was not up to modern standards . I found the spa access confused as there were three entrances and a an expensive charge , more confusing than a bad experience .

I liked the free upgrade to the 4 star hotel , also found the hotel rooms of a very high standard .

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

Que nos cambiaron al hotel de 4 estrellas por el mismo...

El desayuno , la leche y cafe en maquina, y que no regalen aunque sea una hora al balneario , total forma parte de Marina dor.

Que nos cambiaron al hotel de 4 estrellas por el mismo precio.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2015

The dining room is more like a works canteen a poor...

The dining room is more like a works canteen a poor reflection of a 4 star hotel (We had the upgrade to Hotel Grand Duque)

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Really good location in a nice, well designed resort

It was very difficult/impossible to get a taxi to the Benicassim music festival!

Really good location in a nice, well designed resort

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

large room, great view, quiet night, location, breakfast,...

nothing.

large room, great view, quiet night, location, breakfast, good staff

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

the staff don't speak enough English!

the staff don't speak enough English!!! in the room was very noise from 8am!!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

breakfirst

internet very slow and erratic

breakfirst

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

very spainish

very spainish

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

The food.

We were not informed that we could up grade to all inclusive quite cheaply.

The food. The staff were helpful

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.