Reviews of Acevi Villarroel 4 stars

Villarroel, 106, Eixample, 08011 Barcelona, Spain

#448 of 526 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The hotel was really nice and we had a great stay there.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was really nice and we had a great stay there. Nice personal and the room was perfect! Also the metro station urgell is only 5 min by foot away. Very nice!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Loved my stay there, Would go there again on a return to Barcelona and would highly recommend it!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room a bit small, bed a bit firm. Shower floor seemed slippery to my girlfriend.

The Concierge Miguel was excellent in his help and advice. I would recommend this hotel based on his help alone!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Good position for so/so hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought I was booking into an upmarket hotel. Whilst the foyer was nice, the furnishings on the first floor were old and in need of updating. The couches supplied in the common area on this floor also need a good steam clean as they were dirty. There was a dirty plate left on a table for the two days I was at the hotel. It was still there the day I left. I couldn't open the curtains to let natural light in because it overlooked a courtyard that people could access. I requested a double bed and was given a room with twin beds. The toilet was low to the ground. Built more for children than adults which was uncomfortable. The water for the shower was only lukewarm not hot. There was no conditioner supplied to clean your hair. The room was too cold even with the air conditioner turned off.

Good position. Only 20 minute walk to La Rambla. The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Nice little spa, comfy beds, big rooms, good location!
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Would have loved more variety in breakfast. Some small kettle and coffee/tea in our room would have been nice. Missed a good place to dry our wet swimwear. Staff members gave a bit contradictory info about the use principles of the SPA - we had it included in our room price but at first they told we should pay extra. So a bit of confusion there. Sauna switches off during the day so you basically have to tell each time you wish to use it (and then wait at least 30 min to get sauna warm), plus you have to validate your SPA card at least once a day. It all makes it more inconvenient to use but once you get the hang of the "system" you can enjoy it pretty well :)

Location is very good, Plaza Catalunya and Plaza Espana both in walking distance. Spa, gym and outdoor pool add variety to the stay. Beds are comfortable, cleaning service pretty decent, staff is approachable. Rooms are spacious.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The stay was very nice and peaceful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would liked to have more day light in our unit on the first floor.

Food was good. The front door staff very helpful with directions etc to see your city. The woman who did my message was amazing.!!!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the room was spacious, the walls are extremely thin!

Location is good. The twin room was of a good size, the beds were comfortable. There was lots of wardrobe space. Air-conditioning was free and effective.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Quite easily accessible from the airport and close to all...
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

The view on the high floor buildings that surrounded the hotel. All you could see from your room were balconies with hanging clothes:(

Quite easily accessible from the airport and close to all the attractions

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It's quite close to the city center Plaza Espana… There...
    • Double or Twin Room

a little bit outdated... furniture old.... swimming pool is 50cm prox. deep …

It's quite close to the city center Plaza Espana… There is a lot of restaurants around, easy to find place to eat.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The location, the staff and the size of the room were great
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom shower door did not shut completely so every time I showered the bathroom floor got completely wet. The mini fridge did not cool down well, and while it was great to have a pool, it needed some cleaning.

The location, the staff and the size of the room were great

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Everyone robs the tourist
    • Double or Twin Room

Overcharged. Still trying to get my money back. Booking.com got all the details, then asked for them again. The link they sent does not work. Amazing when they want my money it always works. Why does everyone always try to rob the tourist? I will be taking it up with trading standards office.

Barcelona city

Swimming pool is a great bonus.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast should be better. Rooms are old and need to be refubrished. So the bathrooms. It is clean but it needs renovation

Swimming pool is a great bonus. Clean and well managed

Disappointing work attitude!
    • Double or Twin Room

The service was very good when staying at the hotel, but the attitude of the staff when leaving the hotel was very disappointing! He actually told us to leave the hotel quickly. And, not gentle.

Nice area close to 2 metro stations and lots of cafes
    • Double or Twin Room

The bath/shower system. Even after being showed by maintenance I couldn’t get it to work all that well. It dripped pretty much continuously while we there because we couldn’t turn it off or on correctly.

The king-size bed was amazing! So comfortable. Crisp clean high-quality sheets and two decent pillows each!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I wont recommend anyone to this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no basic stuff in the room like tea and coffee. Room is not sprayed with refreshner. Drainage smell is always there from the bathroom.

Location of the hotel and staff.

A hotel ruined by it's staff members
    • Family Duplex Room

Language skills and staff. The hotel staff does not really makes the guest stay comfortable or even make us feel welcome. Manager is never on site. LUIS is one of the reception members who confuses a lot of stuff so be aware of him. A good budget hotel ruined by it's people. Parking is a mess and no one guides you how to park economically. Poor breakfast.

It's a good budget hotel at a nice spot. Spa (15€ extra per person) is good but the pool is undermaintaned. Big rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The staff was nice and helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi didn’t work and the air conditioner was almost broken. The installations were old and not properly maintained.

The staff was nice and helpful

Great hotel and facilities for a long weekend away.
    • Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been good. The walk was a bit further than we thought to the metro, but not miles away!

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with my 16 year old daughter. The twin room was of a good size, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. There was lots of wardrobe space and a good safe. air-conditioning was free and effective. The bathroom had a shower and a bath and again was very good - the fluffy towels were changed daily.. The hairdryer was really good and powerful and the cord was long enough so you could move to see yourself in the mirror! We used the pool area - again it was adequate to cool down and sit outside.

A cheap hotel dressed up as a luxury one.
    • Double or Twin Room

I arrived in Barcelona on 8 August 2018 at approximately 2:00 PM to be told my room was ready, but upon clarification that I needed a room with 2 single beds (which had been booked online well in advance) was told I would need to wait another 2 hours before another room would be ready. The room I was finally provided with did not have Wi Fi. This is a huge issue when you are a foreign traveller who has no other way of accessing the internet or contacting family/friends. After notifying Reception of this issue, they sent up assistance, which involved the next few hours of waiting in the room for it to be fixed, which was NOT successful. This meant I could not relax in the room after a long morning of travelling from Madrid and waiting for the room to be ready, but either had to go entirely without Wi Fi whilst in the room, or go find somewhere in the hotel that had it. This was not the only issue with the room. There was also an issue with the shower head being loose, which again required another call to Reception to send up assistance. Finally, Acevi conceded on the second night of my stay (9 August) that the Wi Fi was not able to be fixed, and that the room would be changed. This did not happen immediately, and took until the afternoon of my second night's stay before the room could be changed. Thus, another entire morning and early afternoon without Wi Fi access was endured. The new room was not without issue either. There was a putrid smell coming from the sink in the room, which again required a call for assistance to Reception and waiting for it to be fixed. The air conditioning was also struggling to cool at the rate of the one in our previous room, which was ironic given the new room was much smaller.

Breakfast was quite nice though understaffed.

Not 4 stars hotel! - 2 stars maximum - choose another hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Indeed it was the cheapest hotel in Barcelona but the hotel is horrible! All the facilities are old and broken - NOT 4 STARS HOTEL. old rooms and broken facilities value for money - ZERO.

bad was big. If you can - choose another hotel and save your trip in Barcelona.

Its the color of your skin
    • Double or Twin Room

my check in time was 3pm, seeing i did reach at 10.00am not even a cup of coffee or tea, your staff did not even try to help speed up the room got my room at 3pm, i did see other persons getting there room before me.

Very poor hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived on our honeymoon and were given two single beds. We were given wifi details but they didn’t work. When reception was asked they said wifi doesn’t work on level 1. The room had a bad smell and poor view. To the hotels credit they moved us to a better room the following night but the damage was already done .. often there was no hot water. Very bad hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

If you want to have a good holiday find another hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don’t normally write any review, in fact, this is my first time. I was on holiday with my mom and the only thing that messed this up was the hotel. I honestly wouldn’t want another person to experience what I did. The hotel gave us a room which had a bathroom that was flooding, literally. A health/safety hazard, my mom almost slipped. We then asked to be moved to another room they moved us to a room which the bathroom light was not working and the air-conditioner wouldn’t switch off the entire night. The second room was next to the main road, very noisy and yet we are there for an entire week. The next thing we discovered was that the bathroom bulb was not working. Basically, all the time we were there it was one problem or the other. It’s really disappointing that you plan a long stay there and they give you such appalling rooms and services. We couldn’t even get a kettle for our room. Once we asked for hot water they charged us for it. Seriously, what is hot water when you can’t even provide your guests with a kettle. We used to dread going back to the hotel and unfortunately, we had paid for the entire week already. My advise is find another hotel. Even the breakfast was the same for all 7 days. They cooked all the things the same way, food would constantly run out and they would take their time to add more. We had to find another breakfast place despite having included it in our stay. I honestly did not enjoy my stay here, not even moderately.

The hotel room was clean I would say the cleaning services team is very good.

Worked for us!
    • Double or Twin Room

We were bothered a bit by outside noise. The breakfast was limited and hot food was cold.

We were upgraded and so found the extra space and comfort very enjoyable. The air con worked, the wifi worked, we had a shower and a large sized bed, we were happy. We ate in the restaurant downstairs, the food met expectations though we struggled a little to find suitable choices. The staff here were helpful and friendly, the dinner restaurant staff attentive and helpful. The location wasn't as ideal for us as we had thought but overall, this hotel worked for us.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Really bad experience, read before booking a stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Really bad experience in this hotel : I had to change rooms 2 times and every time I went to the reception for a question, complaint or anything else, I was spending at least 20 minutes there because of the staff’s lack of experience. First room : - Disabled room -WiFi not working -AC not working -Window broken, doesn’t close Second room : - Toilets and sink clogged -Shower head doesn’t stay in place in the shower and heat control from the bath broken. -WiFi doesn’t work. -Window locked, doesn’t open. - View on a little alley with people sleeping in their cars. Third room : - Their definition of twin beds is two separate beds with 20cm space in between them. -Housekeeping doesn’t even take the trash bags when cleaning the room. Also doesn’t change the sheets even when there is a food stain on it. My friend did a soya stain on of the beds while eating : he slept in the same sheets for 3 nights. -Restaurant doesn’t want to land us 2 spoons for an hour because it is « against the house rules ». If you decide to still stay in this hotel, be careful not to leave any stuff on the beds before housekeeping comes to clean your room : - One morning I left my YELLOW color hat on the bed, wasn’t there when I came back. - Another day, I left a white t-shirt on the bed before going in the shower, wasn’t there anymore when I came back from work. Overall : Incompetent staff that doesn’t care about you and your experience at all, keep saying they are sorry when there is a problem instead of actually working to fix it. I had to change my schedule myself to come in the morning to talk to the front desk manager who never works in the afternoon. Let’s not even talk about the general manager who is in vacation and isn’t doing anything to maintain a good hotel service. The manager was really rude and when I told him about my hat and t-shirt disappearing he told me : ‘’You shouldn’t have let it on the bed.

Reasonable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reasonable. Nice atmosphere. Spacious. Very clean. Good aircon. Had a bathtub and a shower cabinet. There are many bars, restaurants and supermarkets near the hotel. Only a few minutes' walk to the metro L1- Urgell.

Nice
    • Double or Twin Room

There was not locked way through my room (302) to the closest one. That was a little bit scary and strange)

Breakfast was nice, reception check in and out was good

Not a good value. Doesn't feel like a four stars hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool is not at the rooftop and has no view, is inside the block. King size bed were two single mattresses pushed together. Lack of maintenance. Wi-Fi non-existent on the first day (got better after). Air conditioning does not turn off. Leaky shower head. Broken bathtub faucet. Toilet non-eco-friendly (each flush discharges water that could be used for 3 or 4 times). There was a micro Hi-Fi system (radio/CD) but the sound speakers were not connected/had the cables cut. Loud/drunk guests shouting by the corridors at 5 am. Access to jacuzzi/sauna not included (15 euros per person). Expensive parking (22 euros per day). No view from the room (there is a desk by the window that can't even be opened). Unfriendly evening staff.

Location. Clean. Pretty.

3rd time I stay at this hotel.

everything was perfect

3rd time I stay at this hotel. Still recommend it. Great bed and rooms. Great service. really near to all restaurants, bars and 24h supermarkets you need. It's near a Portuguese cafe called Amalia's that is amazing.

Nice place, don't worry the money
    • Double or Twin Room

We asked for one bed and we got two separated beds, the bath was horrible

Great hotel if you can't afford staying in the center of Barcelona,just 5 minutes walking and one train stop from the ramblas

The hotel had a nice look from the lobby & the staff we...
    • Family Room

The hotel had a nice look from the lobby & the staff we dealt with were friendly. However, the rooms were cramped, extremely plain and did not have tea/coffee facilities, water etc. the handle of the shower was broken, as were one of the floorboards. We paid a lot of money for this stay and did not think it was worth the price.

Room very clean and spacious , nice decorated, near the city...
    • Double or Twin Room

I think it was a little expensive and with no breakfast in the price , also the parking was very expensive ( for motorcycles)

Room very clean and spacious , nice decorated, near the city center but you going to need some kind of transportation to go there. Stuff very helpfull and friendly.

Crushing Disappointment.
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet was nonexistent. So called 'double bed' was two singles pushed together. Toilet was Broken. Shower screamed at you. I had to get my own tool kit out to adjust the temperature of the bath for that was broken too. For a so called 4* Hotel I was crushingly disapointed. Having been travelling for 4 months in Hostels this was supposed to be my reward/escape etc... I couldn't help but feel extremely hard done by.

Clean

Great location, clean hotel, but a bit pricey for what you get.
    • Double or Twin Room

The minibar in the room was small and didn't keep the drinks chilled. The spa was non-existent with no staff present and the spa was rather small. The hotel didn't provide any extra amenities like free bottles of water, there was no kettle in the room, no cups etc.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable, large and well kept. The bathrooms were large, very clean and the shower was fantastic.

3rd world hotel not 4 stars at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

Little to no amenities, charged for hot water, had to purchase bottled water at local store. No water kettles. View from room looked like 3rd world country.

Nice hotel, good location with added bonus of outdoor pool. Wifi is poor
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi is useless, don't come here if you need it.

Good location, lots of bars, cafes and shops and a metro 5 minute walk away. Pool is an added bonus, however is very overlooked and very shallow. Bed was huge and super comfy

Good place.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room I've got was pretty big, everything clean and nice. Music device was missing an audiojack, so if you haven't got some CD's on you or you don't like local radio - you'll have a bad time..

think twice before to pay for 4* hotel - is not
    • Double or Twin Room

bad wi-fi, breakfast unexpected bad for Spain - a shame for a 4* hotel - omlete from powder (!!), sour patata, no taste sosage

good location, nice people, confortable room, small good restaurants close

Is this a 4 star hotel?
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom doors were not lockable and with gaps on sides; rooftop pool was a joke of a puddle; beds were .. weird.

Quite place, friendly staff, breakfast was nice

The WiFi was broken.
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was broken. I had missed my flight so I needed to organise further plans and I had work to do. But I couldn’t do either. What is the point of booking a hotel if they don’t even have WiFi. Really unhappy.

High-quality hotel in city centre
    • Double or Twin Room

Top location near some cool bars and also metro station 5 mins walk away. Pool was clean and also not crowded even though quite small. Rooms were comfortable and air con was set to perfect temp. Pricey but happy with service and facilities for what we paid :)

Fantastic location, short walk to Las Ramblas!
    • Double or Twin Room

Disappointed that the swimming pool was closed during our stay (May 2018) as May is not classed as a summer month. Even though it was 25+ degrees everyday!

Fantastic location, short walk to Las Ramblas!

Nobody told me that they would give me a room to disabled...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nobody told me that they would give me a room to disabled person. It doesn't matter but, I would like to have known in advance. I think in the reception they should have told me something.

I didn't like that we spent over €1700 for one week, the...
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

I didn't like that we spent over €1700 for one week, the spa facilities none of them were working only the Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were off. Asked for a late check out, not possible and then to be woken up at 9.30 am from workers drilling the walls. We were told online the was a bar and restaurant to which when we got there was not opened at all only for breakfast. Really disappointed. I was expecting so much more for the money I paid.

Not worth the +100€ a night
    • Double or Twin Room

Had to pay 22€ for the parking a night. On the computer it’s only written at the end of the page on booking, therefore you book the room without noticing. Plus the accessibility of the parking is terrible. If you have a big car don’t bother. You’ll scratch it. Room cleaning was at 2 and 4pm. We had to wait outside when we came back to the hotel. In addition, breakfast is on -1, big tables, does not feel welcoming at all. At 9:30am on week days don’t expect much food left when you get there. I also did a little experiment to see if the cleaning was well done. The cleaning lady did not bother cleaning the bath, I wonder how is the rest of the hotel.

Room were big. Don’t expect view or anything though.

Nice enough hotel with horrendous acoustics
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is great if you enjoy listening to your neighbors tv or conversations through the walls. This hotel has worse acoustics than a paper bag. Neighbors having a conversation at 2am? No worries, you’ll catch every word.

Well located, close to public transit and the center of Barcelona. Nicely furnished, comfortable rooms

No pool area, no room service, waste of money
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked this hotel for my friends 21st birthday based on the fact they had a nice pool area so we could hangout and sunbathe in the day. Upon arrival the reception staff were rude and miserable, the hotel is very out-dated and not like the pictures. The room has old chipped furniture and our bath had chunks missing out of it. The only good thing I can say about the room is that it was fairly clean and quite spacious. We asked where the pool area was and was told there wasn’t one as it’s “under construction”. Now booking.com doesn’t inform that upon booking that the hotels pool isn’t available to use and we wasn’t informed at check in before we paid the deposit and checked into the room. We were so disappointed and felt like we had spent 1000 pounds basically to stay in what looked and felt like a hostel not a hotel. We then tried to call room service - another amenity listed for this hotel and was told there is no room service. When I complained to the hotel staff I was shouted at and argued with back and was extremely embarrassed by them infront of other people. This hotel is just fake advertising through and through. I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t pay such a big amount of money, this hotel is not worth how much it costs and you can stay In much nicer hotels for cheaper or the same price

Modern rooms with comfortable beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast a bit lacklustre and served in a soulless conference room with no windows. Pool closed with no worthwhile excuse or apology from front desk. Asked to borrow champagne glasses which took a reminder call down to reception and then someone turned up with plastic disposable ones. "Really?" Was returned with shrugged shoulders. Bathroom and shower were clean but both controls on bath and shower were broken. I wouldn't not recommend this place because the location is really quite good and it is modern and clean. Rooms could do with something on the walls to brighten them up. Next time we would stay in one of the older hotels with character and better views from rooms and restaurant.

Modern rooms with comfortable beds. Very clean. Great location. 24hour supermarket right across the street handy for late night essentials. Wasn't first choice but reasonable price for the area and standard of hotel swung it this time

Just the location was ok, don't be fooled by their pics,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms distribution is all weired, you can hear anything that happens next to you, rooms are connected with other rooms with open doors inside, so yeah, your neighbor can get in to say hi or just to clean up your belongings. You'll be charged in advance for everything, even for things you haven't eaten or taken yet. They will invoice you they way they like or want, don't care much about clients request. Wouldn't recommend at all. Been in many hotels and apartments in Barcelona and for the same money you'll get something so much better for sure.

Just the location was ok, don't be fooled by their pics, solarium closed, pool if there's even one was closed too.

The stereo in the room was good as there were no English...
    • Double or Twin Room

After checking in I asked which floor the pool was on and was told the pool area was closed until next week. I was not given a reason for this and it was not advertised on the website. This was a disappointment as it was one of the reasons I booked the hotel. The hotel was very expensive for the standard./location. I feel the dining and pool area, which I saw from my room, require updating. The selection at breakfast was also quite disappointing and the coffee machines were hit and miss & often didn't work. There was also no tea and coffee facilities in the room which I would have expected for the high price I paid.

The stereo in the room was good as there were no English channels to watch on the tv apart from a news and finance channel.

Very good hotel, would go there again next time in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

The parking below the hotel can be a bit of a challenge, certainly for somewhat larger cars. Unfortunately, the advertised swimming pool wasn't operational.

Beautiful and quite modern hotel in a very convenient area. Just outside of all the Barcelona hassle, however not too far away from highlights nor metro stations. Some mid-level grocery shops and local bars and restaurants can be found in the area. It certainly wasn't all too crowded when we were there in May 2018.

Location was good, Staff at check-out very helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff at check-in not friendly, they did their job though. Room on the 1st floor with window to the street was noisy.

Location was good, Staff at check-out very helpful.

Nice modern hotel conveniently located.
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet was not great and when we checked in the staff person was a bit grumpy...

Location was convenient, we walked almost everywhere during our stay. Room was comfortable and very modern. We actually spent a hot day enjoying the pool which was nice.

Mostly pleasant with some significant disappointments.
    • Double or Twin Room

The outdoor pool was closed throughout my three day stay, this was very disappointing! I also feel that asking for an additional 60 Euro deposit that is not returned until one week after departure ought to be made known to the customer on booking, not on arrival at the hotel.

The room was large and comfortable. The location was quiet. The bathroom was very good with a bath and shower.

Near all the turistic places.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

This is not a 4☆Hotel. The facilities in the room are very poor,i had a request to check out before 3pm ( i had an email of confirmation from them ) and they said i need to leave to room before 12 am and to ignore that email because they are full booked. I paid £87 for a Prosseco and 15 roses ( to be in the room on our arrival for my wife ) and they forgot to bring her the flowers and the cava and they remember about it after 5 hours from our arrival ( this request was send it to them before 2 week to our arrival ). They don't deserve this amount of money...i am sure for this money you can find better places to leave in Barcelona ( 3 nights = £425 ).

Near all the turistic places.

Good hotel let down
    • Double or Twin Room

As i booked it as a place to go after discharge from hospital there were major failings. There are no tea,coffee facilities in the room, this with a total withdrawal of room service meant that with me being confined to total bed rest my wife had to go around the bars at night to find something to take away for dinner. I dont know how star ratings are judged but this hotel was not suitable for purpose as most 2 and 3 stars can provide this. A major disappointment

Rooms were clean and well appointed. Good modern bathrooms

Pleasant stay, great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

No coffee station in the room, gym very small without an aircon. Pool not available at all. No facecloths in the bathroom.

Central location, but quiet side street that’s not too busy. Good restaurants in the area, walking distance to all major attractions. Spacious bedroom with a HUGE bed! Cleaning service very efficient.

Great room with amazing Jacuzzi! Very hot room though....
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

The room was very very hot. It made our stay pretty uncomfortable. We couldn't manage to get the aircon to work, it was permanently on heating.

We were in the Suite with Jacuzzi, which was great. Very comfortable room too! The location was conveniently close to the city center (we walked it) and there were some nice restaurants nearby.

Nice clean hotel don’t get room on street very noisy
    • Double or Twin Room

Super noisy room on busy street- we were told we had breakfast and then we went and the lady said not -after we said how noisy room was- bad nights sleep

Room clean

Good location, 20-30 mins walk to town, activities include...
    • Double or Twin Room

- parking price only given to us on arrival, better to display on booking so it is upfront, so we know what to expect. It was a shock, as we were just offered a parking space. But fine in area and secure, but best to know prices in advance so no surprises on arrival. - Broken shower handle and bath temperate gauge broken so couldn’t adjust temperature.

Good location, 20-30 mins walk to town, activities include ‘early bird’ Segway and hiring bikes in town, hotel staff were really helpful and friendly, Naplule Italian restaurant opposite; very good but book table in advance, so busy. Walking distance to bars and restaurants, taxi from town is 10euros on average. Great hotel, clean rooms like in photos, classic bathroom, green marble style, and glass sink - very striking to walk into on arrival. Used spa and jacuzzi areas, and gym, very quiet and great to have access. A small extra fee on top.

Good place to stay, but quality does not match the price
    • Double or Twin Room

the facilities in pictures look better than in reality, pool was closed - did not information before,

quite silent, large and comfortable bathroom, good breakfast

Location was ok but not close to a metro.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air con was awful. Warm air as opposed to cold. No blackout blinds, room was too bright so awake too early. No tap in bath so could not run a bath.

Location was ok but not close to a metro.

Average class hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel doesn’t worth the money we paid for and the pool area was closed, but I phoned them up the day before I booked and I asked them if I can use the pool and they said yes, but they didn’t let us use it, the weather was extremely hot though! So why the pool should be closed?! It was a normal hotel and unfortunately smelly. For the money we paid we expected using the pool at least.

Staff were really helpful and friendly and room cleanness was good. Staff helped us finding our way to different places which was amazing.

My accomodation in the hotel was decent overall.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room had two windows that we were not allowed to open.secondly, tbe windows outside had an additio nal steel construction which gave the impression of being in a prison. Thirdly, the view outside the windows was a small road with abandoned and broken cars,more like a scary and dangerous road in the night.

Clean room and quiet.

Good hotel, good location, overpriced breakfast

The breakfast is overpriced. No tea-making equipment in the rooms, and they'd charge you 2.5 euro for a cup of lukewarm water and a teabag in the bar (2.5 euro!). The air condition in the room was indeed noisy, just as other people pointed out, but we switched it off anyway in April.

The place is clean, the rooms are large enough, the bathroom is spacious and in a good condition. Room cleaning was regular, and the cleaning staff spoke English. The location is pretty good, not very close to Ramblas, but walking distance for most, otherwise buses and metro nearby. Lidl around the corner and a lot of supermarkets and cafes nearby. Not very noisy street, so you can sleep fine with the window open. The staff was nice.

Beautiful space and wonderful location
    • Double or Twin Room

We had issues with ththe WiFi but the staff was accommodating as possible and even moved us to another room to try and fix the issue.

Lovely room and facility which was extremely clean.

Location is very good
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower didn’t work at all and they could not fix it. I had to spent the first night with no shower at all. Only the next day I was offered to switch a room. The stuff looked really indifferent towards the situation- did not apologize, did not offered any compensation. To be honest I did not expect that they would charge me for that night, but they did. Could not recommend that hotel although this was not ,the first time I stayed there but it will be probably the last

Location is very good

• Double or Twin Room

My bed wasn’t so comforting and there was no view. AC was complicated and our room was freezing! We informed reception twice a day during our 5 nights stay they fixed it after a while it blows cold weather again !

The hotel staff are a joke. Tried to chuck us out for noise instead of giving a warning
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely horrible check out. The hotel manager tried to lock us in after someone who we met on the trip as part of our group had already left. So he took my friends suitcase and threatened to call police even though we had all paid and checked out successfully.

The night staff are helpful n the bath is comfy

• Double or Twin Room

You had to pay for the SPA, first floor view on the indoor area where people went to smoke, so no privacy with blinds open.

Comfortable bed, clean, nice area

Will not stay again, not worth the money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilet was broken, needed to ask for repair. Wifi signal in apartments was terrible, impossible to use. Hotel quality not like 4 stars :/

Close to centre, 15 min walk to main street. A lot of close coffee shops, mini-markets.

All my special request were fulfilled, well done!
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom facilities were a bit out of date. Renovation is in place! Thin walls and closed windows.

All my special request were fulfilled, well done! Pleasant staff as well.

Low quiality and highly priced
    • Double or Twin Room

AC was not working, shower does not drain properly, reception person was quite rude. I have paid on average EUR400 per night over 4 nights, with one of them priced above EUR700!

Location is fine

Nice clean good located hotel. Very friendly staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Spa was a little small if there were more than 4 people, but was expected from pictures (was hoping for more space ;)) In the gym the cyclingthing didn't work but the rest was good!

Beds were nice, rooms clean, staff good. Location is really nice, good food around, and the necessary shops. There's a nice gym downstairs. Had lunch at the restaurant ones, but was above expectations. Close to Metro stations and main roads so easy to remember how to get back

Nice staff.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

We paid to use the spa, however when we tried to go the spa, it was closed for maintenace. The hotel didn't propose any other solution. Very disappointed

Nice staff. Confortable

Did the job, but will choose another place next time.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

The hotel had a general lack of privacy: though meant to be a clever design choice, the space between the sides of the bathroom doors made the room uncomfortable to use. Also, there was a huge gap under the door to the room and the walls were terribly thin. We were embarrassed to hear the intimate moments coming from our neighbors. We paid the additional fees to use the spa area. We were given one towel to use, but after the sequencing shower and/or the hot tub, an extra would have been great to sit on. The hot tub was not at all hot - colder than bath water, in fact. I left the hot tub and moved to the sauna to warm up. There were only 2 chairs. When a second couple arrived they had no place to sit. This was uncomfortable for us.

The hotel is within walking distance to most main streets and there was a fun club (Antilla) just around the corner. Breakfast was a nice variety and also quite tasty (though we wish the coffee had been fresh instead of from a push-button machine). The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were quite comfortable, and we felt safe staying there. There are lots of shops in the area, and while it wasn't the bustling area of La Rambla, it still had some energy and access to great sites.

Browse Acevi Villarroel traveller photo gallery