Reviews of AC Hotel Gran Canaria, a Marriott Lifestyle Hotel 4 stars

Eduardo Benot, 3-5, 35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain

#22 of 45 hotels in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

I wikis not recommend this place. Am surprised it had the Marriott name.
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

Public areas grimes as was our bathroom. Pool closed at 5 PM. Pool was on floor 25 and elevator went to 22. I have knee problems so I never used. Entrance from the street required climbing steps or a manually operated elevator. Breakfast was expensive fir the quality.

Staff helpful in arranging a tour.

Expensive (for the location) and impersonal.
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

Expensive (for the location) and impersonal. Airport shuttle was good but not frequent. They do not respond to emails - so don't waste your time.Nowhere to park

Staff were helpful. Airport shuttle was good but not frequent.

Balcony views and a comfy bed in a great location for a great price!
    • Double or Twin Room

Last airport shuttle departed before my arrival so I had to take a taxi (in fairness, my flight arrived after midnight).

Great views, great value, extremely comfortable bed and helpful staff. Convenient location in walking distance of shopping and amenities. Free airport shuttle.

Old Hotel- poor layout - bad pool- No Go...

Check in... Old Business Hotel - NO Place to drive up or even unload baggage... Then drag bags up the a couple flights of stairs with no bellman or support to help with baggage. You have to park on sidewalk - to unload... very poor.. No Parking at the Hotel site. Close by - Park house is expensive but just a block away. Roof Top - Pool is very old and dirty with poor or no upkeep again no lift you have to climb three flights of stairts - Pool Photo on web looks nice.. its very not.. Breakfast is ok... but they run out of every thing quick and slow at times to restock many main items. Rather have booked a hotel right at the beach - as this hotel was not interested in guests or tourists.

It was a short 3 block walk to the beach area with some places to eat and mall for shopping in short walk. Breakfast was ok... basic items and restocking was slow...

Very helpful & friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The balcony door didn't close tightly so with high winds we got whistling sounds.

Very helpful & friendly staff. Excellent location: close to the beaches, Santa Catalina bus station, shopping, Poema del Mar and Museo Elder. Wonderful views from the gym and pool area. Complimentary Nespresso coffee.

Great hotel in a lovely city
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

I was on the 18th floor, quite high up. As a result, the wind from the balcony was very loud, especially at night. I didn't mind, in fact I found it quite relaxing, but I could understand why it would bother some.

The views are great. It's one of the tallest hotels in the vicinity, so you can see for miles. The restaurant is amazing. Possibly the nicest food that I ate during my stay was served in the hotel restaurant, despite all of the other great restaurants that I visited.

Much less than our expectations!

I was there with my family, 4 adults who were my parents, me and my brother. When we arrived, my mum was sea sick by the boat we came so everyone went to the hospital and I went to hotel my all the baggage, in a 4 star Marriott hotel, no-one was waiting for me, I carried all the baggage up my myself and after I asked one women on the front-desk came to help me but really I did everything myself, rooms were super small while the bath and toilette were really like a 2 star hotel,we ordered dinner later as room service, first they bring only one dish instead of 2, and totally forgot about the second order, then the second one arrived really late that the first was already cold so we didn't eat it. I asked for more hangers (as there was only 2), the lady brought 4 towels! in total we didn't expect at all from Marriott such a service.

The restaurant which was serving breakfast had a very good view and also nice breakfast. Personnel who were on the front desk in the second day during the morning, they were really nice and helped us to find a nice cab to take us around the island. And beds were truly comfortable. also view from our room was very nice.

Could have been more pleasant,and morefeel good factor especially needed
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

So What we like, the view, the balcony, the location, free wifi,

Wardrobe 2 small. Not enough hangers.No drawers to put stuff needed for 14 nights in.Bathroon no room to put wash bags on. If you stay 3/4 nights ok, but not 15 days. Sorry mixed up in the " above "with the didn't like underneath. Pillows much to soft. Only one coffee/cream ,for two in the room as complimentary.

A very nice four night stay in March 2018
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were great with views over the city and sea. We found the coffee machines awkward, with very small cups. Not worth the trouble really, would have preferred a kettle. The meals were good value and tasty. Only a ten minute walk to the beach, also shops and bars nearby. Taxi rank outside hotel.

Great location,near to bus station,shops and cafes. Rooftop pool and 360 degree views.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of English tea making facility in the room.

Comfortable, clean efficient hotel. Lounge style breakfast room gave a choice of seating options with window views from the top of the hotel overlooking city and beach or the port and out to sea.

Overall our stay was acceptable but I would not rush to go back.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel info said parking was available. It did not say there was a €16.40 per day charge and it was in a separate private garage nearby. It cost me more to park my hire car car than it did to hire it. As stated there was coffee making in the room which was a machine that I had to get a member of staff to show me how it worked. I had to ask for Tea and a kettle as this was not provided automatically and my wife cannot drink coffee. They did repair/ replace the noisy twin beds after the first night.

The view of the Port from our room on the 12th floor

Happy with our stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We got a free bottle of wine. The wine could have been better. The airport service (which was one of the reasons we booked this hotel didn´t fit our flight schedule at all). The swimming pool on the top floor had a bit much of chlorine for our taste in it and super cold water.

Coffee machine in the room (could be more coffee capsules there). Extremely nice swiming pool. The staff in the restaurant was super nice and the views are amazing. Every room has a balcony with extremely beautiful views. Nice location Some staff members in the reception didn´t speak so well english, but were helpful and hospitable so it wasn´t a problem at all. Hotel has an own perfume, which is nice. Overall, we were happy with our stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Short break to do some sightseeing
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

Someone was smoking in a room near ours, not the hotels fault but still horrible, We booked this hotel because it offers an airport shuttle. It should be clearer how limited it is. To use it on arrival would have meant a 2 hour wait .

The hotel is well placed for exploring

Great hotel to explore Las Palmas city
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the first room we were given was at the front of the hotel, although you get a great view of the port we also had the noise and extremely loud music from the skate park. The staff were great when we told them the following day, offered us an alternative room on the other side which was great.

We'll placed hotel, very easy walk to both the beach and the port. Lovely bar on the 23rd floor offering amazing views of the city, great place to enjoy a glass of wine.

Would definitely stay with Marriott again could not fault a anything.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location it was our error city life is not for us luckily we were surrounded by beach.

Excellent hotel with coffee facilities in room,minibar,drinking bottled water left in room each day,all the staff were on hand to answer your queries very professional. Loved our stay.

Airport Shuttle;
    • Double or Twin Room

Limited choice of hot food for breakfast

Airport Shuttle; Convenience to Beach, Shopping Centre, Buses, Park, Restaurants Friendly and helpful Staff

The hotel was in just the right place to enjoy the city and easily reach the beach. Lovely stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Having a shower soaked the bathroom floor. The screen was not adequate and water got round it so flooding the floor seemed unavoidable.

The beds were very comfy and the balcony doors insulated the room from the noise of the city very well. The sound proofing was generally good.

Very good location in Las Palmas close to all.
    • Double or Twin Room

When i came back in Hotel around 20.00 hours, i found that the room was not cleaned and off course no towels, coffe and frigo bar were replaced. Unacceptable in a 4* star hotel. First bad stay in one A/C Mariott all around Europe.

Very good location in Las Palmas close to all. Confortable and clean rooms.

The stay in the hotel was good
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

If there was one criticism it would be that they need to keep on top of the breakfast buffet being consistently topped up ie when a tray of melon is empty one should be ready to replace it

Thought the Hotel was good . The reception staff very helpful particularly Roberta who assisted with small things like providing a heater when the weather was very cold

normal
    • Double or Twin Room

i was expecting better for such hotel as its old and not worth the money that we paid ,sheets not clean ,,well i was disappointed it should be a 3 stars hotel not 4 stars

nice view to the sea as we got a nice room nice helpful staff nice breakfast the restaurant is nice

Perfect place for short stay for business and leisure reasons.

Price for breakfast

Amazing breakfast on top floor with great panoramic view to the harbour and city. Rooms spacious and bed very comfortable. Big TV on the wall. Good quality coffee machine in the room equuiped with capsuls. Bathroom with tub and very clean. Location best to easily move around the city and go to the beaches and port. Many restaurants and cafes around, also available shops and supermarkets. Distance to the harbour - 5 minutes.

Enjoyable lovely place
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

I suggest you rectify problem of fumes backing up in bath due to wind change in weather.Even though it was dealt with promptly one is better of without this on ones holidays

Location excellent.Service and cleanliness very good

Great staff, ok hotel.
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

The bathroom door was strange, just a glass door that doesn’t close - even when it’s shut there is a gap. Room is best for people comfortable at going to the toilet while people hears it. The balcony door was also hard to close completely, so there was always noise from the wind. Didn’t try the breakfast but was a little disappointed that dinner wasn’t served until after 8pm (20:00). They have AirPort shuttle, but only at fixed times so we took taxi to and from the airport, which cost about 33 euro. No safe in the room, which we missed.

Bed was comfy and view was nice. Very friendly staff, and the location was very central, just next to the Santa Catalina park. Pool area was nice, but it was too cold to swim. We got to borrow an umbrella when it rained which was nice. It is not a typical Marriott, but the standard is high compared to the other hotels around.

Very relaxing stay
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Nothing really. Suggestion - A room safe would be a good addition.

Clean and comfortable. Very helpful staff. Good location for our needs. Good views from the upper floors and restaurant. Note - I have seen a review of this hotel describing the view over the port is industrial. I can’t imagine a view over any port as being anything other than industrial. It is what it is. Cruise ships, fishing boats, ferries.....

I will go back there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Need a kettle in the room, we do not all drink coffee.

Hotel is excellently placed for access to the port and to the beach. Staff very helpful, rooms very comfortable and clean.

We enjoyed the stay. Maspalomas an easy bus ride away.
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

A short walk to the beach, town and bus station. Lots of restaurants nearby. Very tall building which makes it easily recognisable from a distance. Reception staff excellent. The room had a coffee machine with 1 pod of coffee each. We went to supermarket and bought a small jar to use instead. Clean, comfortable. Restaurant serves food later than we wished to eat. Lovely views from restaurant and breakfast was excellent. Basic but good.

Reception is on the 1.
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Reception is on the 1.floor! You take the out-door staires to get there. If you have luggage wait for the service elevator which has to be sent down from the 1. floor! There is no lounge / bar in the reception area. The whole building gives you the impression you are living in a silo!

It was awesome. 10/10
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

The only thing that i can say something negative about is the fact that the gym lacked heavy weights.

It was all good and we loved the stay...next time we'll come back here definitely.The view alone makes up for the price.

The experience could easily have been great but it was mediocre
    • Double or Twin Room

They never replied when we wrote to them in advance about the free transport from the airport. The bed was supposed to be a double bed but was just two beds put together. The door to the balcony couldn't close properly and they failed to do anything serious about it. Most of the staff were not very good at English but at least friendly. The wi-fi was extremely slow and didn't work most of the time. The breakfast was not anything special and the tea and coffee at breakfast was lukewarm or even cold - and they were unable/unwilling to do anything about it. But at least they let us have a kettle so we could make our own tea in our the room.

The location of the hotel is great and the view from our room was wonderful. With that said, the hotel did not live up to our expectations to a hotel with the Marriott name.

good central location
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

rooms were quite small and in need of upgrade. Balcony was without chairs and table and quite dirty

Breakfast room and quality of food very good. However,renovation of the breakfast room at the end of our visit was a disappointment

Felt ripped off to be honest
    • Double or Twin Room

Overpriced hotel. Not worth the money. Ridiculously low chairs in breakfast room. Not conducive to good digestion!

Staff pleasant and friendly. Location great for using public transport and for access to restaurants, bars and the main beach area.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was badly thought of... the TV is in diagonal from the bed and closets are very small for people who travel to work for a week or so. Also, when you arrive, you have to put your luggage in a elevator from the street because there is no direct access for cars or wheelchair

Breakfast pastries are great and the people at breakfast friendly.

Lovely relaxing stay - hotel was in a good location too
    • Guest Room with Balcony and Ocean View

More mirrors and sockets in the room. The only mirror was in the bathroom. Also asked for a large bed and got 2 singles.

Great rooftop bar and lounge. The staff were friendly and helpful too.

I had to ask the hotel staff and reseption 3 times to...
    • Double or Twin Room

I had to ask the hotel staff and reseption 3 times to provide coffee capsula to the room which never happened. The pool opens late in the morning and closes at 18:00 - I managed to be there only 1 hour in 4 days due to that and the water was cold. The view from the window is not pleasent at all.

We would stay again. Great views and fantastic staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Gym could do with heavier weights, swimming pool walls could be repainted, there were patches of unpainted wall around the pool windows. Pool area has a fantastic view it just needs a bit more love.

The staff were exceptional, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely and having a nespresso coffee machine was fantastic

Good hotel
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

No place in front of the hotel for the car or taxi to stop and drop you On arrivinal the taxi stoped us by the road and we had to Cary our bags and climb the stairs for the hotel check inn Later I told ther is an elevator to use but was not working when I tried to use it next day Basic gym and roof pool not heated. Hotel need some restoration for the price asking per night is abit high.

Very helpful staff they will explain every thing for you on arrival with a big smile and very patient to answer any questions Good breakfast although no egg cook, nice view from the restaurant at the harbor and the near by shopping mall 5-10 min walking to the beach

Good central location with comfortable rooms, but disappointing facilities and expensive drinks.
    • Double or Twin Room

The airport shuttle is very limited at the weekend (only four trips). The rooftop pool is small and has limited opening hours (open 11am - 6/7pm). It is also not very clean (though I appreciate this is difficult because it is open air). There are no changing rooms at the pool and although they have towels that you may use while you are there, you are not even allowed to take them downstairs to change in the gym changing rooms. Food and, more especially, drinks in the hotel restaurant are very overpriced - better to go out. Wifi is only free for Marriott reward members, which is not clear from the hotel description.

Good location near the beach. Clean bedrooms. Nice staff.

It was okay
    • Double or Twin Room

Had to call the room service for everything. No locker or coffee, tea platter in room. The free wasn’t even working. Found a cockroach in the room, so had to change for another room.

Was okay, not really a hotel for vacations. More a place for business and meetings,

Excellent value for money. Shame about the sewage smell coming from the bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilets smelt like a dirty sewage 2 nights out of the 3 we stayed. There were not enough towels provided (one towel for two people?!) and not enough toiletries. They only gave us one shampoo, one conditioner, one body soap for two people stating 3 nights. Clearly not enough...

Beds were very comfy. Sheets super clean and crisp. Staff were helpful on reception and by the pool. Bar staff slightly cheeky as they closed an hour earlier than advertised.

Dont mind to stay in there for my holidays in Gran Canaria again!
    • Double or Twin Room

I went there with my partner but they offered me two single beds in the bedroom, but I clearly remembered that I have chosen 1 double bed while booking, and the view from the room was just buildings.

Location, swimming pool are so good.

Decent location, close to main attractions in the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

Plumbing system in the bathroom stink quite a bit in my room all stay long. It was quite unpleasant at times. Missed more hot-food options at breakfast.

Decent location, close to main attractions in the city. Well communicated by public transport. Taxi hub right in front of the hotel. Fluid check in and check out process, very helpful and nice stuff, simple and natural interaction. Restaurant and room service staff very nice and diligent. Decent room, plenty of space. Fair bed (a bit squeaky but nothing terrible). Clean and not particularly noisy. Good bathroom with proper set of amenities. Nespresso machine in the room and complimentary water available at all time. Terrace with nice views. Good breakfast overall, decent quality. Restaurant had a limited menu but did the trick quite well, both in-restaurant and in-room options.

Overall, happy with the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Could have better facilities in room. (Tea/coffee making). Tried to charge for laundry service that wasn't used.

Good location for both beach and shopping centre. Central to both. Good access to bars and cafes aswell.

Not one I wish to repeat
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Unfortunately our visit was marked by outdoor "music " which played non stop for 3 of the days we were staying - not stopping until 4am and so loud it penetrated closed doors and ear plugs. It resulted in very little sleep. Terrible experience

Nice helpful staff, good wifi, nice bed

Nice hotel, awful WiFi
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi is the worst i have ever encountered. The free wifi option is not enough to even quickly load a simple website, logging in company IT systems for remote working was just impossible. Unforgivable for such an establishment.

Good location, helpful staff, comfy bed and rooms with balcony. Breakfast is satisfying with a broad selection and good coffee. Nice restaurants nearby as well as a shopping mall and supermarkets. Access to taxis and public transport outside the front door.

Modern room, balcony.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very badly isolated, could hear the neighbors and people in the corridor. The weather in Las Palmas was bad the whole week, whereas it was sunny in Maspalomas. So we had to take the bus to the sun each day. Too bad, since the Canteras beach is very nice with clear water.

Modern room, balcony. Shuttle service from /to airport. Breakfast on the 23rd floor is nice with the view.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Beautiful stay
    • Double or Twin Room

On check in the gentleman (sorry I didn't catch your name) was so helpful and informative of areas of interest, how to travel the island and much more which was really appreciated as it was our first visit to the island. The hotel is beautifully decorated I would highly recommend.

Over all we were pleased and enjoyed our stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The strange lift from outside the hotel, which is the only way for wheelchair and pushchair. My 2 young children were very scared each time using that strange lift. No daily changing sheet, due to having children most of the days they made chocolate stains on bed sheets and after cleaning service same sheet were used. I have stayed 2 weeks and only 4 times sheets were changed( if I am not wrong). Cleaning service was very good as part of changing sheets although this will not happen with guests that doesn't have young children

Location of the hotel is the best about it, only 5 min walking from the beach, very close to elder museum, playground, Dino supermarket and plenty shops.

Expect more buck than bang at this hotel

I didn't find the staff particularly friendly or helpful, and the lack of a common area besides the pool area was a second low mark. The lack of a bar that provides more than beer and soft drinks on the rooftop pool was a third low mark. The room service menu and service was limited, erratic and unimaginative. I have no plans to stay at this hotel again in the future.

I like the pool on the roof and the restaurant on the 23rd floor. The junior suite was comfortable and the internet was relatively fast and reliable.

a good hotel in lovely laspalmas

Nothing especiall

Near hop-on hop off buses start point, proximity of shopping complex and bus stop to airport. Panoramic view from 23rd floor restaurant especailly in breakfast time.

Great hotel in great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

All was as it should be.

A great hotel - high quality modern rooms and very comfy bed. Have stayed here many times and enjoyed the rooftop pool. Breakfasts are always a feast. Lots of goodies in the bathroom too.

Very central, good views from upper rooms, don't book for shuttle
    • Double or Twin Room

Information on shuttle bus was very poor. When we arrived staff did not ask if the transport worked out and why we took the taxi instead. Exact shuttle station could not be found, no sign anywhere.

Receptionists friendly, room is clean but there was still a glass with drink and cigarettes on the balcony that have not been removed after other guests moved out.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Best view on the city
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Noisy if you sleep with an open balcony. The toilet and and the bathroom are joint. There was a smell from the toilet or something else in room 813. We had to change it to room 806. The shower did not work very well in room 806: you have to apply much force to turn it on. But there was a wonderful view and everything else was very good!

Very good location. 5 minutes from Las Canteras beach and in front of El Muelle shopping center. Great views on the city. Good breakfast with the city view. Modern rooms with a huge TV. Fast lifts. There is an electric tea kettle and free mini bar with a great variety of drinks.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

A nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We got a room on the wrong side of the building, couldn't use the balcony because of noise from the road, and the view was to the industrial harbor.. not so pretty! Make sure to get a room on the good side. Had one incident with an unfriendly waiter, she wasn't friendly to her college either. Some days the cleaning was really good and others not so good.

Had all in all a very nice stay. Nice view from the restaurant. Most people working there where very friendly and helpful.

Beds were very comfy.
    • Double or Twin Room

Got fed up with waiting toaster as there was only 1 and it was slow. Came back some days in late afternoon and the room had not been cleaned had to tell staff just to clean bathroom.

Beds were very comfy. Room clean.

Las Palmas was great, but I will prefer another hotel next time.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was OK, but expensive. Restaurant was opened just couple hours a day. Never know when it was opened. Swimming pool was always colder than water in Ocean. Never smiling stuff, feeling as you disturb them.

Room was clean and modern. Good view. Good location.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Nice place to stay for vacations
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed - it's like trampoline, and not comfortable for body, so you every hour try to find comfortable position and jump on the bed. Restaurant had unpleasant smells. No balcony door stop. Maybe TV would show some music channels - but cartoons are also ok. Very small fridge (it is called minibar but it's a fridge!).

Perfect location - 100m to HyperDino and lots of shops (the best way to make your own breakfast except coffee at the ocean shore), 5 mins to Las Canteras. The room decoration was beautiful and functional. Air conditioning works OK. Wi-fi premium (for money) is great. Free wi-fi is in lobby and restaurant is OK (allows voice Skype, saves lots of money). Staff is very delicate and friendly, bathroom supplies are ok. Room service is ok, vines are great, prices are acceptable. Very quiet hotel (except sometimes), no discos.

Poor service
    • Double or Twin Room

They didnt have kettle in the rooms and obviously no tee, the internet conection was so poor, and staff werent friendly.for the money they charge its absoulotly not a good hotel even a 3 star hotel or bed and breakfast has a kettle in the room. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Did not fill our standards for a 4* hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Did not fill our standards for a 4* hotel Many problems with the card door - had to change 4 times in 3 days No free internet in the rooms No toilet brush Broken door handle in the bathroom Not enough space in the swimming pool area Few chairs and no shadow space

Location Partnership parking with mall (payable)

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great view of the port, lovely room that was nice and airy,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is overpriced at €15 for well quite frankly rubbish, plenty of cafes nearby.

Great view of the port, lovely room that was nice and airy, staff are very friendly. Bar was amazing for a drink, unfortunately too cold for a dip in the pool, but well worth the stay. Perfect for carnival too!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great value and great staff!
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Walls were a bit thin, but staying up on a higher floor helped with the traffic noise below. When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted a quiet room, which was nice.

Breakfast had a nice selection and eggs to order were available. We stayed in a renovated room on a higher floor and had great views of both the city and the sea. The bathroom was stocked with all kinds of free toiletries - to include things rarely seen like toothbrush/toothpaste. The towels were huge compared to what we've seen in Europe. Gym was small but adequate. This is an older hotel and can look a bit tired in some spots, but the staff more than make up for that with their friendly and can-do English-speaking attitudes. These were some of the nicest hotel employees we've ever encountered!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great for a short break
    • Double or Twin Room

Free wifi was the slowest in the world .02 Mbps if that is possible. Slower download than upload. Usual problem with getting English style tea

25th floor Roof top pool, though I'm sure in summer you would have to queue. Near town beach and port. 24th floor gym. Great views from there and from 23rd floor Bar/Restaurant. Good prom to stroll on, lots of bars and restaurants

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Stay enjoyable but disappointing for a Marriot hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

furnishings basic including no bidex Lack of space in strange shaped room. Endless stairs to pool , lacking sun beds.

Breakfast too expensive For price of room it could be inclusive sta

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Enjoyable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel could do with a tidy up. The carpet in the common areas of our floor (15) needs refreshing, as did the bathroom in room 1509. The approach to the pool area also looks a bit tired. We asked for a double bed and whilst we were aware that this could not be guaranteed I was rather surprised to discover that they had created a double by pushing together two single beds (thankfully the same height) but made up as singles and because they were not heavyweight did move apart as they were not locked together. So falling through the crack was a real possibility! The beds could have been more comfortable - not up to the usual standards of the Marriott brand. I thought, for the price we paid, the room price could have included breakfast, having taken a look at what other hotels were offering in the area.

Great location close to the beach and lots of good restaurants and bars to choose from. The staff were lovely, in particular Elsa, who never seemed to be off duty! Good size bedroom. Although not fine dining, the food and drink were very reasonable both in quality and price.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Fantastic view to the city from the restaurant and pool area.
    • Double or Twin Room

Paid wifi was really bad surprise, but the good thing was that staff offered to become a member and get wifi for free. Thank you for that. Nobody pays for wifi anymore.

Fantastic view to the city from the restaurant and pool area.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent hotel in just the right location for us.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel in just the right location for us. We asked for a city view and got the city and both sea views. The room was a standard bedroom, clean, comfortable and plenty of room. It was carnival time and the hotel is very close to Santa Catalina Parque so we could take part in the festivities and eat at the bars/restaurants which are around the park. The hotel staff helped us organise a coach trip. We used the local bus service to go to the old town where we visited the museums and cathedral. The hotel is very close to the science and technology museum which is fabulous and well worth a visit. An excellent holiday. Thank you.

The location was good
    • Double or Twin Room

It was Chinese New Year and there was a party in the hotel which was loud and noisy. The fireworks at night we also weren't told about and frightened us when they went off

The location was good

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great view, close to city center
    • Double or Twin Room

- wify is not free in the room - breakfast need more hot food - having to pay extra for parking

Great location, within walking distance to city center, shopping districs and restaurants. Great breakfast view. Free shuttle to the airport, although must know that you must reserved and schedule it. Breakfast was good, will be better if there are more hot food. Friendly staffs and clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good location between harbour and beach
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Missed out some more hot stuff for breakfast. Mostly scrambled egg and baked beens. Never bacon In our room, allthough a highly rated, a very narrow toilet. Backward in-go out :-)

Good location between harbour and beach A lot of good restaurants within Walking distance Nice pool on the roof with tremendous wiev over the entire city I´ll recomend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Perfect for a short break
    • Queen or Twin Room with View

Not a lot of choice of dishes in restaurant.

Views from roof and bar were marvellous. Free coffee in room a bonus. Location for best beach in Las Palmas very good and not noisy. Perfect for a short break.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice location but internet access from the past century.
    • Double or Twin Room

- There is no free WiFi unless you subscribe to a club, which requires filling in a form and giving your personal data, so it is not really free. Renewal of the WiFi access is still required after some days and after all, the supposed-to-be premium connection is slow and intermittent. - Watch the wash basin corner when you get out of the shower. - Poor vegetarian options.

- Nice location and views from the top floor. - Close to Las Canteras beach.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The entire staff was wonderful, friendly and efficient.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only negative point: breakfast was very poor quality for a hotel of this standard. Access to hotel via the steep exterior staircase is likely a problem for the older guests who were there.

The entire staff was wonderful, friendly and efficient. Great location, really spectacular views, super comfortable beds and fluffy towels. Very speedy wifi in rooms.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Very dissapointed...
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool very small just under 2 foot. Drinks very epensive. Double price. Rooms small. No table or chair to sit out on balcony. Clicked on double bed. 2 single beds pushed together. I emailed hotel to see about transfer told just to hop on bus. On departure we were told by receptionist to wait at reception for bus to airport. Staff knew we were waiting for bus. Waited at reception for over half an hour, asked receptionist where was bus then told because our name was not on list that we could not get the bus as there was no other names on list. Ended up paying 35 euro for taxi to airport. Would have no interest in going back to this hotel. This was our first holiday as a couple and I would not recommend it...

Clean...

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The restaurant with the nice view over the harbour.
    • Double or Twin Room

The premises and interor are a little attrited, worn out. Need some refurbishment! It gives a bad impression even if the hotel is over all good.The entrance to the hotel, strange placement towards the street with heavy traffic and all the stairs to the the reception. The wi-fi should be no extra cost at all, free all over the hotel!

The restaurant with the nice view over the harbour. The food was also good, both the breakfast and dinner. The air shuttle service, appreciated!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Location of hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit monotonous - same thing every morning and no choice of eggs (only scrambled) with one choice of accompaniment. (either beans, sausage or mushroom). Also, although there was a balcony, there was no furniture

Location of hotel

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nice hotel with a great view and perfect personnel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's really not cool that there's no free wi-fi for the guests. It's not a cheap hotel, there could be some respect paid to the guests!

Nice hotel with a great view and perfect personnel. A bit pricey though