Reviews of Hotel Aguila 1 stars

Victoria, 6, 36201 Vigo, Spain

6.2

5.5

5.6

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Avoid this place.
    • Double or Twin Room

The "hotel" is screaming for renovation, everything is old, dirty and falling apart. Room was disgusting, bedsheets old and dirty, we couldn't even fall asleep in such conditions despite being tired after the whole day of travelling. Very noisy at night and you can hear everything from the corridors and other rooms. Staff was rude - treated us like idiots speaking extremely slow and in a weird manner because we are not Spanish (I have lived in Spain and speak Spanish and I made that clear but it didn't help at all). People in Galicia are usually very nice so it was a surprising exception. Breakfast included in price is just ONE piece of toast with jam, one coffee OR tea and a glass of cheap juice (not the natural one). Wouldn't stay there ever again even for free and I strongly recommend to look for a different place since this one is just not worth ruining a possibly nice stay in Vigo. Photos on booking are totally unrepresentative.

Central location - one and only plus.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great location of the hotel.

Very slow WiFi, hours of breakfast (from 9 to 12 a.m. at Saturdays and Sundays) are very bad (I did not have opportunity to eat before my departure). Only one energy plug in the room.

Great location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Location was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

A little tatty around the edges. Funny smell from the bathroom. Shower was broken. Bar / restaurant next door was quite loud.

Location was perfect. Staff was helpful. Historic character was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Location and price was great , staff was nice, very basic...

Breakfast was only toast and one coffee, bed was hard, toilet did not flush well

Location and price was great , staff was nice, very basic accommodation in a run down place

I liked the price, location and the staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like entering the room and finding it very smelly. I didn't also like the fact that the room was poorly decorated.

I liked the price, location and the staff. I liked the high ceilings of the room.

The Near centre

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The under-roof room which was so hot just with a fan which was weak. The window was small so you cant make the room cooler. You are on the top floor without a lift. The furniture too old. General perception-filthy. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

The Near centre

A nice stay; will have breakfast out next time.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast had very little choice: one croissant between two, no brown bread, only white sliced bread. However, they did have brown French toast. My partner can’t eat white bread due to his diabetes. We couldn’t work out if they had a problem that day with not enough food ordered or something else. To close the ensuite door, they should place a door stop.

Friendly welcome and staff. Nice features of the building.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nice old building, its glory a bit faded now, close to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was small and the loo not properly bolted down so it wobbled precariously. Bedding rather dated.

Nice old building, its glory a bit faded now, close to the old town. Nice balcony. Good value for a last-minute booking. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Good for only a night stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The first day we settled in our room, one staff kept knocking on our door few minutes after and tried to open it. Luckily I double locked it. I was in the bathroom by that time and my partner was asleep. When I got out in the bathroom they called over the phone asking if we are leaving on the same day and when I answered no he was kinda confused and told me to continue staying in the room. We didn’t pay when we arrived so we thought we pay when we check out. The guy didn’t ask us to pay as well on the arrival. So when we went out from the hotel to go out, the receptionist took our key. We were confused why they had to take it as no hotels do that but we gave it anyway. They always asked us for our keys whenever we went out. The sink for the toilet is located outside the toilet which is very weird and not hotel like. The building itself is very old and no lift. You can hear everything outside of your room especially when the cleaning lady starts her cleaning duty. Also, we paid for the “breakfast included” but the breakfast only consist of tea/coffee/hotchoco, a juice and 2 slices of (toast) bread including 1 small butter and a jam. That was the breakfast. It was not filling at all.

The location is in city centre and also a walking distance to the port. The staff in the hotel knows very little english. The hotel itself is very clean but old.

I booked 2 twin rooms (ie with 2 beds each) but arrived to...
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked 2 twin rooms (ie with 2 beds each) but arrived to find 2 double rooms. I think that this was due to the booking form where you booked a double room and then specified with 2 single beds and presumably this option didn't register. We were 2 sisters with my sister's 2 adolescent boys so this was unsatisfactory. The hotel were able to offer us one twin room and one double so did try to resolve the matter as best they could, my sister wasn't happy and went to stay at a different hotel.

Okay for a budget stay in Vigo.

First room looked like a closet and was about the same size. Without prompting, the receptionist moved me to a better room. There was no lift, unfortunately, and after walking about 16 miles it was not easy to get up and down all the stairs.

Location. The (second) room was comfortable.

Great location, perfect for solo travelers.

There is no ventilation in the bathroom, it creates humidity and smells. Wifi is not great, it works just fine if you use for personal use, to chat, but if you want to use it for business, to send emails and attachments, it is a bit slow.

Great location, perfect for solo travelers. The building is old, with high ceiling, looks from the old times. The bed is totally comfy, room is not to big, but there is enough space. The wardrobe wasn't used for a while (I think so) so it smells a little bit. There is a big mirror in the room. The bathroom has all amenities. The staff is really nice.

Hotel Aguila Vigo

The decor is a little "dated" with thick curtains and old fashioned furniture. My central room light did not work but everything within the room was in full working order. The big problem for me was the lack of a lift.The stairs to my first floor room were very steep and it took me a time to get up them.

The ambience is brilliant!! The staff are helpful but I spoke to them in Spanish.I'm not sure if-any of them spoke English? The central location of the hotel is a really positive advantage.You are close to all the major amenities, shops and places of interest in Vigo. The rooms are clean and well maintained.

No comments

When I booked the room my price was showing €24 for one night. But when I arrived to the hotel I was told to pay €37. I paid in cash and I was not given the receipt so I was unable to query this with Booking.com for further investigation. I believe that I was over charged for no reason.

No comments

Great location but will not stay again as rooms are of a very low standard.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a constant smell of stale sweat in my room. The building itself needs to be refurbished. The side street to the right of the building is very noisy.

The location is excellent and staff are very friendly. It is cheap.

Está bien situado, el edificio es clásico y bonito.

Everything was good.

Está bien situado, el edificio es clásico y bonito. The place is in the heart of the city and close to all the important places.

Basic hotel with perfect locations and good value for the money

The building is old (classic), the rooms are very basic and there is no elevator. But for the price and location you cannot ask more.

Excelent location, right in the city center. Good price and value for the money

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water until evening had to ask for hot water to be switched on Hairdryer not working Only one of the bedside lights working Tiny room, didn’t feel clean. Old , needs freshening up. No way of making a cup of tea in the room. Location great but I would not stay there again. Very noisy , could hear other guests, noisy carry on as if the middle of the day.

The place is a KIP
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything. Hotel is very dated and looks shabby.For the 35 euro we were given this suppose to be twin room that seemed filthy and smallest darkest room we ever seen. The beds seemed as if the linen was not changed. We refused to stay so the lady tried her best to keep us in and offered us different room that seemed clean enough so we stayed...and regret it in the morning cause in the morning these suspicious marks appeared on my friends body that looks a lot like bed bug bites. Bathroom is super small.

The lady at the reception was really nice and plesant ant tried her best. The location was ok.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Okay, but...

The ventilation in bathroom was ill-fated - the humidity lasted there for the whole night. The room itself was tiny and the bathroom which was inside it must have once been another part of that room (it seemed like divided with the plasterboard). It was raining during our visit and it was pretty difficult to get our cloths dry on a small and built up radiator. It is also almost impossible to communicate in English there.

The property is situated in the city centre.

Very cozy, nice personnel.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Parking

At night, there was too much noise from the street, as the windows would not close well.

Very cozy, nice personnel. Great location, right in the centre and close to public transport. Great bars and restaurant right next to the hotel.

Great location and Poor sound insulation
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is payable separately (€ 2.50 per person). Extremely difficult to park on site. The hotel has paid parking (9 € per day). There is no elevator. The bed is uncomfortable and has a poor sound insulation. I listened to the guests all night in the hallway.

The hotel has a great location. Very close to the marina of the boats (to the Cies Island), the commercial center, the historical center (restaurants and bars) and the shopping street. The rooms are clean.

Just ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is small but for sleeping is ok. The bed is uncomfortable and the area is noisy. Probably I won't return

The location is superb. Everthing is short of distance

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Big room with 3 beds and a non-shared bathroom.

-too hot, as it was the last floor. No air conditioning. -No lift -A bit old infrastructure

Big room with 3 beds and a non-shared bathroom. Cheap and very good location

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Very friendly staff, they give us good direction to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Weak wi-fi signal. It was cold in the room but we had thick blankets.

Very friendly staff, they give us good direction to the things that we wanted to visit. The manager of the hotel was so kind that he gave us his umbrella in a rainy day to go to the city.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Perfect central location. Clean room and a relaxed atmosphere. Very good value.

Thin walls between rooms, though fortunately the people in the next rooms were quiet. There is no elevator, which may be a problem for some travellers.

Ideal location in centre of Vigo, a few minutes walk to the port/marina, with a huge choice of bars and restaurants around the hotel. Main shopping streets and city buses, including bus to airport, are only minutes walk away and the main train station is about ten minutes. The room was clean, adequately spacious, with a big window and high ceiling. Staff are friendly and easy going, adding to a relaxed atmosphere. Very good value in the centre of Vigo, beside good value cafe's which overlook a park.

Me and my friends went to Vigo to NYE so the fact that the...

We could hear everything from the rooms around, which is not very pleasant. And he room was extremely cold.

Me and my friends went to Vigo to NYE so the fact that the hotel was in the city center was amazing. It was really the best location possible.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

V poor
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise was awful.. out side and inside

Incredibly noisy... could hear everything from other rooms... toilets shower talk... no sleep at all

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Central

Clean and room

Central

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Place is old and dowdy. photos look too colorful.

Lots of steps to third floor due to extra high ceilings Room extremely small. Bathroom tiny. Less than two square meters.

Stayex an addition nite n already submitted my complimentary...

Stayex an addition nite n already submitted my complimentary review!

I liked most the location, near the wharf.

I have mothing negative fo add ....

I liked most the location, near the wharf. Staff made you feel like family !! Fulfilled all my needs.

Our bags was not picked up by our courier and when we called...
    • Double or Twin Room

Our bags was not picked up by our courier and when we called from Pontevedra to ask if it was still there, they kept our bags for us. Thank you!!!

Lovely city
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location with lots of wee cafes around and great restaurants

Convenient

A better room in a less dilapidated condition

Location and good bed

Poor Wi-Fi connection

Poor Wi-Fi connection

Nice place

The only thing was there was no air flow or air conditioning

Nice

The ocean view

Close to some neat things
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was to come with it, but they did not have it for us

Close to some neat things

Needs updating

Location is perfect

They should clean it

Location is perfect

We had a good time in Vigo

The size of the room, small for 3 people.

Hotel Águila is an old Hotel, it is in good condition. Well located in the city center.

Friendly staff and pleasant welcome. Room could do with an upgrade but bathroom and shower OK

Room had one dangerous electrical next to bed.

Cheap basic continental breakfast, near port and many lively evening meeting squares but hotel quiet.

Noise from nearby cafes

Adequate accommodation in a brilliant location.

It's not the Ritz but for the price what would you expect.

The location was brilliant, and the staff were great.

Ok-ish but if I knew where I was going I was going to pick another place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small room with no view, dirty bathroom. I asked for a luminous room and got the darkest ones.

Friendly helpful staff.

The single room was very small and shabby.

The single room was very small and shabby.

Camino walk with specific questions
    • Double or Twin Room

No one understood english. No effort made to try and help.

a bit noisy on the sat, night

a bit noisy on the sat, night

Staff were great, could not fault them
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs a complete refurbishment, would not stay here again

Staff were great, could not fault them

There were bed bugs in one of the beds!

There were bed bugs in one of the beds!!

Checked out early and moved to another hotel

Noise from arguing couple in another room that went on for hours. Towels that were either dirty or had holes in them.

Conveniently located.
    • Double or Twin Room

Conveniently located. Basic and good value for money.

Very good

Lack of Soundproofing!

Lovely place, really enjoyed, super clean, great showers :-)

A good hotel to visit Cies Islands
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is very good.... in front of a nice park, just in the best part of the town.

• Double or Twin Room

Bad smells.. worn out decor..

Vigo stay

Great location and value

Had been grand now good value.

We had been walking on the Camino Ingles. We were looking for an inexpensive, clean hotel. We found one.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Excellent value
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely old building in prime position near the yacht basin.

Terrible

Era esageradamente viejo todo roto y sobretodo sucio

Era to do horrible Sucio sucio y sucio

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good place to stay in Vigo

No kettle in room, but this is normal in the city

Good place to stay, breakfast was fine.

Great location and value for the price

Great location and value for the price

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Staff very friendly

Staff very friendly

The location was excellent.

The location was excellent. The price was excellent. The hotel was old but clean. Great staircase.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

If you can, avoid this facility!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very old, dusty, unconfortable, noisy,... room. Breafast is just toast, butter and marmalade in Very poor quantaty.

City centre

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Location is Great

Bathroom too small. Could not sit on w/c. No lift. Very old

Location is Great

Our room was not clean and bed linen had smell of smoke.

Great location. Nice bar near hotel :D

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Staff was ok with averege knowledge of English.

There was't heating in the rooms in the end of November. It was cold.

Staff was ok with averege knowledge of English.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Lovely old style hotel/pension just off of the main...

No escalator but this is to be expected in such a charming establishment.

Lovely old style hotel/pension just off of the main thoroughfare. Plenty of bodegas and cafés within easy walking distance. 15 minutes from the shopping centre and in close proximity to the marina.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

It's in city center

I couldn't sleep in the morning because the cleaners start to clean rooms corridos at 07:30 morning because they Make to much noise, shifting furniture moping floos and talking to loud, because in vigo people go out to clubs at 01:30 morning and go to sleep at 06:00 in the morning, they should start to clean hotel not to early because we turist go to sleep at 06:00 morning

It's in city center

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

It is in the city center.

The bedroom is quite ugly, you have the sink next to the bed and outside the bathroom. The bathroom is tiny. It only has a WC and the shower. There is not space between the shower and the WC.

It is in the city center.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Just location was good

Under my window were 3 pubs, noise was till 4 morning. Window I can not shut because room was smelly. On moust of the wals was mold. Wi-fi did not worked properly moustly just disappeared. Room freezing cold.Blanket dirty and with holes. In real rooms do not look like they are shown on website. Pictures under the feedback walls with mold and dirty blanket.

Just location was good

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

The hotel is a Victorian house with style in the heart of...

bit of maintenance on the building

The hotel is a Victorian house with style in the heart of vigo. close to ferry port, train station and old town. The value for your money is great, nice staff,

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

It was my second stay there and I was very satisfied,...

It was my second stay there and I was very satisfied, location is just perfect, personal is really nice and helpfull - that was a reason why we choosed the same place again.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Basic room with everything we needed like hairdryer towels...

The walls are a bit thin so I bring earplugs in case you get put next to a couple as we did 😂

Basic room with everything we needed like hairdryer towels etc, great location near old town and quirky bars, comfy beds!

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.