Reviews of Hotel Alabardero 4 stars

Zaragoza, 20, Old town, 41001 Seville, Spain

#27 of 156 hotels in Seville

Central, charismatic, comfortable, friendly, helpful. Worth booking!!
    • Double or Twin Room

All was excellent until we got to Breakfast, which was not as organised in the same way as the evening meal, which was spot on!! We don't think that they are set up for this. Worth checking before you book, but as you are in the centre of Seville, you're never far away from finding alternative.

Totally recommend this place as somewhere really good and central to stay.

Extra large bed.

Last time I was here (for dinner a few years ago) the rooftop was open as part of the restaurant - it was amazing. Disappointed to find this had now closed. Generally the hotel feels like it's on a downward trajectory - looking a bit tired. Needs an injection of cash and gumption, and someone to have the smarts to focus on the rooftop restaurant.

Extra large bed. Great location.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Beautiful historic hotel that oozes character and is located...
    • Double or Twin Room

Whilst very loved, some of the hotel facilities are starting to show their age a little.

Beautiful historic hotel that oozes character and is located a short walk to all parts of historic Seville. The staff are great and helped us with everything we needed. Great value for money and an awesome restaurant too.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

What a hotel!
    • Interior Room

No negatives about this place.

What a hotel! Great location near the Catedral, Triana and other attractions. Felt more like a house than a hotel and felt really welcome by the amazing staff. Also it isn't crowded as there are only 7 rooms and the breakfast was on point.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

No problems and ideally located.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed up against the wall. Room a bit tight.

The location was excellent. Hotel clean and functional. Staff efficient but not necessarily friendly. Price was good.

If you are visiting historical Seville this is a lovely old...
    • Double or Twin Room

If you are visiting historical Seville this is a lovely old style Spanish hotel to choose. The location close to all the main sites. The hotel is very relaxed and the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

Pleasent stay

There is not any balcony or terrace

The hotel has a lot of old characteristics, such as old style doors, wardrobes, bathroom etc. For example the safe box is not digital, you get an old big key for it, even for the room door. The location was excellent next to Plaza Nueva. Most of the main sight points are at a walking distance. The rooms are on the second floor only, so it was very quiet. There is a restaurant on the first floor, highly recommended. We stayed in Junior Suit. The room was spacious, beds are comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also very tasty. I do recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking for a quiet stay close to the center.

Good location lovely helpfull staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was only ok , very greasy

The bedroom was very nice but maybe could have been better for a four star . The staff were amazing and so helpful. There was an excellent tapas bar two doors away 😄

A very enjoyable stay in an excellent location to explore Seville.
    • Interior Room

Some rooms have no external windows, which can be a little off putting, although this is clear if you read the room descriptions carefully.

The hotel looks and feels like an original Spanish property and is certainly not a formulaic chain hotel. The staff are all very helpful and the food and drink at the hotel is very good.

Quaint hotel, pleasant staff and good restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking was a challenge! Garage is down a narrow back alley and you have to drive into a lift, which is very tight to manage. Fortunately the receptionist, Mati, came with us and helped us with the parking.

Good location, friendly staff and hotel has a lot of character

Excellent service and a very good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Car parking is a challenge. Access to the underground car park is tricky [via a very small lift] and larger cars would be difficult to park. Nevertheless availability of on site parking, with a charge, is a bonus for a city location.

Very good location and all major sights are within walking distance. All staff were VERY helpful, friendly and courteous. This hotel is spectacular architecturally. Restaurant and food is a delight. The staff take the trouble to know their clients and their requirements - within a short time I didn't even have to ask for a cup of tea or my breakfast selection. A very nice touch.

As our first introduction to Spain’s capital city, we are certain to return.

With just a few updates to room decor and bathroom facilities, this hotel and the fine food on offer, could make it the preferred destination for a stay in Seville.

The staff at Hôtel Alabardero were wonderful and that is no exaggeration. We did find the furnishings somewhat dated as was our bathroom. However, as a culinary and hospitality school venue and its small room number (7), this hotel has a unique old world charm about it. Alvaro was unselfish with his time and recommendations and all front office staff were welcoming, cheerful and helpful.

A perfect stay
    • Interior Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn’t eat at the hotel, but our stay was very pleasant. We slept well, the room was extremely clean, very pretty, with a lovely ensuite. The hotel was primarily chosen for location. I would highly recommend.

I loved everything about this hotel-from the fact that there...
    • Double or Twin Room

I loved everything about this hotel-from the fact that there are only 7 rooms, great location, extremely helpful and courteous staff, and beautiful accommodations. I would definitely stay here again!

We arrived at the hotel before check-in time and staff were...
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived at the hotel before check-in time and staff were so friendly during all process. They also helped us for car parking. They keep smiling all the time and we liked that. Location of the hotel is wonderful, especially for historical places. But, if you want to see Seville's nightlife, you need to get a cab to go where all bars and nightclubs are. Besides the nightlife, we found good restaurants, cafes and everything around the hotel.

Captures atmosphere of the real Spain and the wonderful city of Seville.

Meals were just ok.

Lovely atrium breakfast served by friendly staff. Helpful receptionists. Clean and comfortable room in lovely restored historic mansion with beautiful tiled bathroom. Overall a truly unique place to stay n Seville.

I would definitely stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was some noise in the room from the lobby area, but it did not disturb my stay. I wish that the double bed had been a true double bed and not two twins pushed together. The food at the restaurant was ok, but there are better restaurants in the area.

The building itself is older and has a lot of charm. I appreciated that the furniture fit in with the era of the building yet was still comfortable and functional. The bathroom was modern and functioned well.

Great locatio: Everything is really close.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all. Knocking on the door to get in was like weird for a moment but then I thought it was to keep people from coming in and ask about the restaurant (closed on Janyary 1st). But it was part of the coziness of the place anyways.

Everything: the room, the staff (friendly and polite), the cleanness. I was there for new year's eve and when I got out of my room they prepared breakfast just for me at like 12:30. a special mention to that waitress who saved my day! And then I went out and despite the holiday (January 1st) and the late time my room was clean when I got back which was great.I also had an early flight so they booked a cab for me.

Quite disappointing? No...very disappointing!
    • Double or Twin Room

In any hotel, something can go wrong. It depends on how the staff try to make up for any inconvenience guests suffer. Or compensatie this somehow. You would expect this hotel to pay special attention to their operation as most of the staff and kitchen are interns from their own school. Well I am sorry to say, but with our experiences I fear for the future quality of any students that graduate. And you can blame the supervisors and management for that. Even they could not handle the situation properly. As far as they were available on the premises. The staff we met are not quite familiair with the true meaning of guest relations, guest satisfaction etc., let alone how to implement in case of.... Unbelievable in such a competitive market! It would take me some time, which I am not willing to spend now, summing up the details. Would supply them on request, no problem.

Hotel was decorated nicely in Xmas style.

It was adequate but lacking in service. I would choose another venue for my next visit

The staff doesn't provide a high level of service. For example, the room was dusty and not well cleaned for the entire 9 day stay. Another example: the front desk staff kindly offered to hold my daughter's things left in the room, but then lost them with no explanation. A third example: my daughter when leaving on her own, needed help with many bags to a taxi and yet no one helped, no one offered, no one noticed. It may be more common in Europe but the staff generally didn't seem to go out of its way to assist. They were polite but not particularly accommodating.

I appreciated the architectural interior design of the building and the rooftop seating area as well. The location was pleasing in that it wasn't in the thick of the tourist area and yet it was within comfortable walking distance to many destinations. The housekeeping staff was helpful in that they would make up the room at any hour, including late in the day. Also, of special note: the Bistro lunch from the culinary school...very good!

In summary - great location, great food, beautiful interior, great staff. Highly recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only sad point is that the pretty outside of the building is covered by scaffolding - but this didn't impact our stay and didn't disadvantage the inside, which was stunning.

We booked this hotel based on the photos and the great reviews and it did not disappoint. This was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in - small but exquisite. Staff were wonderful - not all of them spoke perfect English but they were without exception lovely and very attentive. Another upside is the 18 euro 3 course lunch at the restaurant - we thought it was delicious.

Give it a miss
    • Double or Twin Room

Very tired old venue, stale smell from restaurant on second level. Rooms very dated & noise from restaurant & central courtyard and the street at the front make it impossible to get any sleep.

A lovely restored mansion in a great location in the old city.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed mattress was probably a little too hard for our liking.

My wife and I stayed for three nights in a double room. The hotel is a beautifully restored mansion with a lovely central tiled courtyard and only about 10 guest rooms. You can really experience and feel what it must have been like to live in one of these former grand homes. The room was not large but comfortable, clean and with adequate storage. The hotel is well located and within comfortable walking distance to all the main tourist attractions in the old city (Alcazar, Catedral, Jewish quarter, Torre del Oro, river, etc). Would stay there again.

A character hotel ideally placed to tour the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing hotel. So different to all others. Great character and ambience. We stayed 2 nights half board and the food and service were excellent.

Staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy at night....until midnight because of people chatting in the lobby..

Staff. Fatima , her colleagueand lady at reception ( lunes??? ) were amazing.

Did what it said on the tin
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were real nice, parked my car for me, very friendly. Room was good, had every thing we needed, it was hot and the shutters were on the windows, quite rightly, so no view was not an issue. Great location for every thing we needed to see. I would go back again.

The location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel can be noisy from the cafe and the restaurant as it has a central open area. If you are driving the staff park your car. After we left and we're refuelling our rental car we noticed someone had hit a wall and we will now be responsible to the rental company for it. You sign a waiver to say the hotel is not responsible for any damage done to your vehicle but it would have been appreciated to have been told about it rather than have to see it ourselves.

The location. There is a restuarant and a cafe in the hotel which is very convenient. There are only 7 rooms and the architecture of the hotel is wonderful. There is a roof top but it is not operational at the moment so I can not comment on it but the views were lovely from it. The room was comfortable however the pillows were very soft. I like a firmer pillow.

The evening meal cooked by the students.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast. Did not like being served would have preferred self serve and more choice. Room for breakfast was too warm. Bed was hard and had flannel sheet.

The evening meal cooked by the students. The place was easy to find. The receptionist was helpful and friendly. The position of the hotel was good.

Very nice hotel in excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

The website showed a lovely rooftop garden but when we arrived it was not really set up to receive guests--and if the view is mostly of unattractive rooftop antennaes then maybe more of an effort could have been made to shield that view with tall plants or what not. Even though staff explained that the reason we were the only guests was because it was the low season, it still felt weird and made it especially quiet at breakfast time---although we did have the full attention of the server which was nice!

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Alabardero. The staff was excellent--very friendly, engaging and helpful. Even though the bed was a bit on the hard side, the room was spacious, very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfasts were good with a selection of yummy breads and cakes, fresh squeezed juices and eggs and different choices of meat made to order. The hotel was also very conveniently located close to the amazing and beautiful Barrio Santa Cruz.

Beautiful Boutique Hotel. Great Value for Money.

No kettle in the room, which as a green tea drinker I always like. I bring my own teas when I travel. I had to go down to the bar to get pots of hot water.

Loved the quaintness of the property. Like going back in time.Very beautiful. Was also a fantastic location for key sights. Ask the reception for a list of recommended restaurants. We only ate of this list, visiting four of them. Each one was excellent.

Lovely helpful staff the food in the restaurant and the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely helpful staff the food in the restaurant and the tapas was delicious. Especially enjoyed the students three course meal which was great value. The room was very comfortable. I would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

Book this hotel

Nothing it's perfect

I would usually go for 5 star botique but trust me this hotel and its staff was beautiful and a total pleasure to stay just the right walking distance from everything in old tow Seville we will be back again very soon.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Fantastic location. But some improvements needed.

Wifi didn't work in the rooms at all. In the ground floor cafe it worked ok. Staff also not as attentive as we'd hoped for. We waited for quite a few minutes at check in and check out just for someone to appear in reception to greet and serve us.

Location was fantastic. Booked last minute and all that was left was the junior suite. Bed was enormous.

• Interior Room

With a restaurant on the 1st floor it is not possible to go to bed early as the noise is direct into the room as the windows are on the inside and the noise from the restaurant is direct into the room.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Top location in central Seville
    • Interior Room

Parking in the basement is well located but exceptionally tight to get in. The plus point is that the staff member who came to assist us was very helpful and capable at guiding into the garage.

Food in the brasserie was excellent, and the product of the trainee staff. Very well located in central old town Seville within walking of just about everything. The patio are was well presented and our double room although compact was nicely furnished had a spacious ensuite bathroom with a full size whirlpool bath and good selection of complementary toiletries razor, toothbrush etc .

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Cosy hotel with fantastic location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not so good.

Exiting dinner in the hotel's exclusive restaurant. Nice and cosy hotel, although a bit old fashion. Excellent and secure parking, although a bit tight in the car lift.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Smitten in Sevilla!
    • Interior Room

The one thing which someone could find annoying is that the sound from the guests having snacks or tea/coffee in the lobby most evenings can be a bit loud. If you go to bed early (9 ish) or are a light sleeper, I would recommend earplugs.

We stayed in the room called Almeria. It's a charming room with plenty of storage and a good-sized bathroom. There is an outlet next to each bed, which is very helpful for charging phones overnight. We had dinner at the hotel one night and everything was delicious. The grilled scallops practically melt in your mouth and the Iberian pork was tender and flavorful. Pay extra for the included breakfast and get eggs, ham and sliced tomatoes, a plate of fresh fruit, a basket of bread, your choice of fresh-squeezed kiwi, carrot or orange juice, and coffee or tea. You also get a plate with butter, jam, marmalade, olive oil and honey for your bread. The quantity of food was just enough to start our day and kept us full until lunchtime. The hotel is within walking distance of the Catherdral and Alzazar Palace (5-7 mins in one direction), and Puente Isabel II, Triana, Plaza de Toros, and the Torre del Oro (5-10 mins in the other direction). Plaza Nueva is a 1-minute walk around the corner, where you can find a taxi stand if you need a taxi. Sierpes, the main shopping street in Sevilla, is about a 7-minute walk away. Also, don't miss the roof terrace with a great view of the Cathedral. If you prefer a smallish boutique hotel, I highly recommend Hotel Alabardero.

Very obliging staff happy to go the extra mile.
    • Interior Room

Anticipate a noisy evening when the restaurant is busy.

Very obliging staff happy to go the extra mile. A welcome gift of a bottle of sparkling wine and array of cakes when the restaurant opened late because of a function at the hotel.

Nice hotel in Old Town Seville.
    • Double or Twin Room

The roof terrace was closed in the afternoon for a private event. We tried to go up and enjoy a drink before dinner but it was closed down completely at that time.

Nice hotel in Old Town Seville. Room was very clean and comfortable. Bathroom was fairly large with a nice shower and L'Occitane amenities.The cafe on the first floor was nice for an after dinner drink.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

special hotel in superb location
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was delicious, staff offered extra items. Central 'patio' area was lovely place for coffee and home-made snacks. Bedroom very comfortable. Customer service excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Nice stay, however probably not the best value for money in Sevilla.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms just above the café : noisy in the morning. Cold Room in winter and no heater. Room and service very limited (for the price) : TV not working, no kettle for Tea/Coffee, large towels replaced by small ones from day 2... Small but noticeable details for an hotel of this reputation.

Excellent location Friendly staff Nice building Big Bed

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Great location, don't take a big car!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lift parking car was not an easy, but staff were helpful to assist in parking, not ideal if you want to go out for a drive! A/C would not stay on, so went cold in the middle of the night. Breakfast was very very slow to be served

Great Location close to town, helpful staff generally.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Slightly overpriced, but very comfortable.
    • Interior Room

Parking was very tough - there is a public parking space nearby which is very shabby, hard to park, and quite dirty, but still expensive. Central location means car problems.

WiFi worked, and overall a very charming hotel. A truly historical building. Location is very central, and there is a nice restaurant inside (a bit overdone - supposed to be fancy, but service is not there yet - not attentive).

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Lovely Andalusian House in a perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed a bit too firm and the breakfast room a little cold in the winter.

Location, nice ambience in house. Great restaurant. Lovely breakfast. Very good service.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Beware...
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked in August with the following specific request: "Please note: 4 adult males - we require 2 rooms with Twin beds. Double beds are not acceptable!" So what did they do... yes - gave us 2 rooms with double beds and said they were fully booked so couldn't do anything about it... They did then make 'put up' beds available. The Reception Manager was supposed to contact us to make amends - but didn't. Next morning there was no apology when I raised the issue and they didn't even offer to waive the 4 euros room service charge for 2 bottles of water. Poor value for money and very shoddy service. NOT happy.

Nice hotel in a nice position but on a very noisy street - until dawn...

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Nice room, good bathroom, ideal location.
    • Double or Twin Room

No English speaking channels on TV. No kettle for tea. Not the best lighting in the rooms. All very minor and did not affect our stay

Nice room, good bathroom, ideal location. Very good breakfast service. Really friendly staff.

Beautiful hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect. Great location for exploring Seville, close enough to the center but still nice and quiet. Very friendly staff who were extremely welcoming and helpful throughout. The room and facilities were excellent. The hotel decor was so traditional and the roof terrace was a lovely added extra with views over to the Cathedral. If you are visiting Seville you could not ask for anything better.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

You are in good hands at this hotel

I only regret that I can't give them more than 10 for being there when it counted most.

Bathroom was large , very modern with amenities and still in keeping with the hotel's traditional decor .Staff was great. I had a medical emergency and they got a doctor to my room within 10 minutes. Otherwise , I would have had to cut my trip short and incurred payment penalties. Food is best in Seville and breakfast was included

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Dinner (Tasting Menu) and service - Superb.
    • Interior Room

Breakfast was poor - no menu, therefore unaware of options or choices.

Dinner (Tasting Menu) and service - Superb. Lunch and service excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly.

No issues

The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. They could not do enough to help us and ensure our stay in Seville was a happy one.

Very highly recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very highly recommend. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very nice location, a place to meet locals

Quite noisy with windows open

Very nice location, a place to meet locals

Quaint but must be better places

Very noisy. guests in other rooms can be heard talking. Reception rarely manned

Hotel was quaint

Would fully recommend this hotel for its location, service, and wonderful ambience.

Spacious room, lovely décor of the hotel . Staff very attentive and friendly.

The staff were really helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were really helpful. Lovely room and good breakfast

Very pleasant experience, I would do it again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very pleasant “home” feel. Staff is very helpful the food is exceptional.

Good breakfast nice staff and ambiance
    • Interior Room

Small rooms noisy beds hard

Good breakfast nice staff and ambiance

Evening meal was very good

Evening meal was very good

Perfect location, nice hotel
    • Interior Room

The room was a bit small but ok for a couple of days

I liked the location and the style of the hotel.

Great place to stay for a short break in Sevile

Could be noisey if fully booked

Quaint hotel with loads of character. Excellent staff. They even helped park the car for us !

Very enjoyable

Pillows on the bed and at least 1no english speaking channel on the TV

Location of hotel and help friendly staff

Central location, full of character, friendly and helpful...

Central location, full of character, friendly and helpful staff, excellent food

Very nice enjoyed
    • Double or Twin Room

Building men working on site

No windows in room

No windows in room

Very pleasant and central, lovely old building!
    • Interior Room

Lack of facilities i.e. pool/sauna

Bathroom was beautiful and the decor was lovely. Staff were accomodating and helpful.

i don't recommend it, the staff don't speak english

i don't recommend it, the staff don't speak english

Rather special venue

Historic

A good place

All the thinks in the hotel

Location , staff and breakfast .

The hotels restaurant was super - an experience, ambiance...
    • Interior Room

The hotels restaurant was super - an experience, ambiance not to be missed.

great location for visiting seville, tasty breakfast,...
    • Double or Twin Room

air conditioning worked poorly at night and was difficult to adjust

great location for visiting seville, tasty breakfast, friendly staff

Stunning!

Ticked all my boxes!

Very warm welcome. Position is fantastic. Hotel Is beauyiful.

Good central location with secure onsite parking
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant very expensive for breakfast and Dinner compared with rest of Seville

Central location and secure parking Helpful Staff

Wonderful gem in heart of Seville.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful gem in heart of Seville.