Reviews of Albir Playa Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Camino Viejo de Altea, 51, 03581 Albir, Spain

#37 of 82 hotels in Albir

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

I ask to bring my coffie after breakfast to the room.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I ask to bring my coffie after breakfast to the room. But that was not aloud. Tje first hotel ever who not aloved me that. I also ask for a glass to have redvine at my room balcony. Bust the same answer😡 First time her and finally the last!!!!!!!!! Unvoid everybody!!!!!!!!

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The staff are always friendly, helpful and polite - nothing...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the bacon at breakfast - but this is normal in spain -too thin and streaky for me

The staff are always friendly, helpful and polite - nothing is too much trouble - this is why we go three times a year

Situation close to all amenities and free shuttle bus to the...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The bathrooms need updating..broken shower reported but not fixed

Situation close to all amenities and free shuttle bus to the beach..entertainment staff very good.

Spa. Being able to use spa showers after check out.
    • Double or Twin Room

No in room tea or coffee making facilities. Pool opened late at 10am. Nowhere to get tea or coffee before 8am or after midnight. Cleanind of room not great

Spa. Being able to use spa showers after check out. Close proximity to beach. Breakfast was good

Ok for a few days stay
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel is getting a bit run down in the rooms, pictures make it look nicer than it is, ended up with a view of the street which was sometimes loud at night. Wanted ice for the room, hotel bar wouldn't allow me to take ice to the room without purchasing a drink first (hotel policy) I was told.

Good Location with big car park underneath. 15min walk to the beach and lots of restaurants and shops. Staff were good and helpful

Great hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel. very busy though especially around the pool. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room and we were in the deluxe rooms. Lovely and clean and very modern. Would definetley return and highly recommend.

• Double or Twin Room

The spa was closed for refurb and no one informed us. When we raised with reception we were told bluntly and rudely that it is not their responsibility to inform us. Seen as we booked this for a spa break, very dissatisfied. No tea and coffee facilities No water in rooms or place to refill a bottle Uncomfortable beds.

Very enjoyable couple of nights away to celebrate our friends' 50th wedding anniversary.
    • Double or Twin Room

Just a bit shocked, as we booked months in advance, that the full balance was taken at the time of booking. We always pay cash on arrival.

Room was lovely, bathroom is starting to look a little tired but it was clean. Bed was comfortable and its nice to have a sofa in the room.

Good three star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The rooms are a somewhat old-fashioned, especially the bathrooms .

The location is ok, near the supermarkets, there are also enaugh restaurants nearby. Breakfast is a decent and the garden is nice - with a swimming pool. About 10 min to the beach.

The staff and reception were very pleasant and helpful there...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I think your advert for this hotel should be altered because you state it is free cancellation but the hotel take payment straightaway and there is no refund which is misleading people they may not have funds in the bank at the time we booked 8 month ago and had a good time but this is a misleading advert and i think it should be amended and made more clear to customers about payment at this paticular hotel thankyou

The staff and reception were very pleasant and helpful there were 25 in our group and everybody enjoyed it

Good value for money - good size rooms - good breakfast - lovely Spa
    • Double or Twin Room

Floors weren´t cleaned. The first day we didn´t want or need our room to be cleaned. The next day I wrote a note saying the beds didn´t need to be made up (in English and Spanish). We got fresh towels, but floors were left uncleaned. Not a big issue though. Spa area was lovely but a bit expensive (20 euro/ 35 euro for two - 90 minutes) There were different hot/ cold pools, and three different saunas).

Good size of room. Liked that it had refrigerator and a balcony. Liked size of bathroom, bathtub and colour of tiles on wall in bathroom. Liked the good spaced closet with drawers. Good sofa for two, chair, desk, phone, good lighting, nice floors. Good that training area in the spa is free.

Comfortable, well situated hotel with good facilities for cyclists
    • Double or Twin Room

Catering (Breakfast) was adequate but definitely average. Coffee at breakfast was not great

Hotel well situated for the town and had good general facilities. Would stay again, staff looked after us well and there was no problem arranging an extra night when our flight home was cancelled

Wish I had stuck to my first choice
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds very hard, had to change rooms. The rooms remind one of corporate hotel not holiday one. Some bedrooms very dark. Was on a roundabout in town not on the beach. Food monotonous and greasy over-seasoned, not much for vegetarians. Go B&B plenty of restaurants around. Paying for car park - there is plenty of free parking in the roads.

View from high floor - not low ones, helpful staff who tried to remedy problems. The lobby was airy and light and the dining room had plenty of space for winter holiday makers. Near shops, transport and restaurants. Had a fridge.

Very comfortable clean and relaxing hotel with pleasant staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel lobby area and bar area were a little bit cold but the dining room and bedrooms were lovely and warm.

The rooms are large and spacious with a sofa and an extra chair. Although the balconies are not large they are sufficient. We had a room which enjoyed the afternoon sun and in the winter time this was a plus.

Not enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything, hotel public rooms and corridors were very cold. I kept my room heating on 24/7 then it was acceptable. Breakfast poor, eggs either solid or too undercooked. Room cleaners came very late in the date, often I was in the room, so refused the service. Don't think my bedding was ever changed during the stay.

The hotel suited us perfectly for a short stay.
    • Double Room with Pool View

dinner meal could have been hotter or microwaves situated to suit at all meal times. overall good choice though.

good breakfast section.. overall suited our needs

excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

The mirrors in the bedroom are too far away for someone like me who cannot see very well without glasses and also tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been nice

The friendly staff, the location - we were only bed and breakfast and that was good

never again after going for ten years we have definately finished
    • Double or Twin Room

everything the food was terrible, cold unappealing and also got the pictures to prove it, the bar area was a joke beautifully decorated but soulless no entertainment.

the staff

Enjoyable and good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food could have been warmer and less duplicate menus. Bread rolls overcooked, rock hard on three occasions, inedible for us. Good decorations but lacked Christmas atmosphere including Christmas buffet lunch

Comfortable bedrooms/beds in particular, plenty of hanging space/cupboards. Nice balcony. All staff very polite and helpful. Bar lounge comfortable and nice atmosphere.

Very good but a few things could be better
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I expected free parking not having to pay 10 euros. For a 4 star hotel I would expect coffee/tea facilities in the bedroom.

Breakfast was excellent.

Very, very disapointing. Spoilt our holiday. Avoid at all costs
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

we were willing to pay a premium price for the hotel as it was advertised with a spar. We were astounded to find that we were not allowed to use it unless we paid 35 euros for each visit (exactly the same as non residents). Could only stomach a few meals in the restaurant. The food would have made a food bank look like luxury. I would not have given the meat to my daughters dog (and I don't like the dog)

staff were courtious and helpfull

Very satisfied with my stay. Service very good, clean, they speak your language, quiet rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool is shallow and quite small, not enough space to swim but I did not go for the pool. The beach is at walking distance and there is a hotel shuttle to take you to the beach. Overall, not bad at all.

The staff was exceptionally helpful. They speak all languages. Got a quiet room as requested, bed and pillows comfortable, the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner had a great variety. I travelled for business and would choose this hotel again for my stay.

Enjoyed, good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

queue for breakfast... i know it is the season but I do not expect to have to queue coffee dreadful at breakfast and generally not good in the hotel paying for parking safe in room took three attempts to fix it being charged for safe in the room insufficent lifts for the hotel, only three in hotel that size in the season is poor. we do not pay to stand in a queue.

very good welcome and check in very helpful staff good breakfast nice place looked good entetainment was not overpowering

They advertise parking but dont say its an extra charge.
    • Double or Twin Room

They advertise parking but dont say its an extra charge. I dont mind paying but should be informed The hot breakfast was only lukewarm but the selection was really good. The Wifi was really poor I was getting a speed of less than 1Bps so impossible to stream any programs.

Very relaxing holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like just would have been good to have a kettle in the room.

Staff were friendly, hotel was clean and welcoming. Breakfast was good. Location was good, about 10 minutes walk to beach

Just ok but not great hotel for kids.
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn't have our kids booked in and had to pay an additional 500 euro on arrival. The lady receptionist is really rude. Not enough sun loungers for all the guest and pool didn't open until after 10am.

Location and good breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

If you want a 4 star hotel only - find a different hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning in the room was either pathetic or non-existent - couldn't work out which. The room safe was charged at 4euros a day & had to be "validated" by going to reception - not explained when checking in. The wifi code was available only by going to reception - not explained when checking in! The towels used around the pool were charged at 1euro per day / session. The location map on Booking.com website gives no indication of the size of Albir or the distance to the beach. All the spa & gymnasium facilities are extra & the spa especially expensive.

The buffet for breakfast & dinner was excellent, wide choice & well presented. The public areas seemed clean & attractive. Car parking was good - as it should be for 10euros per day.

Gorgeous hotel with friendly and efficient staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness of the room, its fixtures and fittings and the beautiful view of the pool and garden area Really liked viewing the fish pond from our room The meals were also of good standard and more than acceptable for a half board package

Great Hotel !!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was extremely uncomfortable as I did not sleep on three nights due to back ache !! ( Room for improvement with the mattresses !! )

I usually stay at the Sun Palace Hotel, but I found this hotel, the staff and the location much better, as even though I am quite fit for my age the hill up and down to the Sun Palace is too much in the heat. I agree with a previous reviewer that more entertainment for adults is required in the evenings. The pool areas, outside restaurant is great and the overall layout of the hotel is good ! Tip ! for one euro fifty the No 10 bus is a winner - Benidorm to the south ( If you like the place ) and Altea, Calpe to the north for the same cost. Warning that the main beach is a fair walk away from the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

11th stay
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Stayed here 11 times now, great location , easy to park the hire car in the street . Hotel is a lovely layout & food is always good ( not outstanding but consistently good)

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Really enjoyed it room spacious comfortable and I would go back

See above

Breakfast really good lots of choice plenty of food - snack menu in bar could have more choice and pool bar was only open on the Sunday we were there didn't open again before we left on the Friday and plenty of people staying in hotel and around the pool everyday

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Hotel did not seem too bothered about our issues.
    • Double or Twin Room

Phone in our room did not work. Reception sent an engineer who said he would be back next day. He never came back. Apparently reception were Aware of this. My husband not well so I really was not happy in case I needed a telephone We were on the floor so quite a way for me to go to reception if I needed help. Told the hotel it was a special anniversryou and birthday when we booked so were disappointed that we had this worry. Building works going on outside hotel. Not their fault io signs to help guests get in by car to front of hotel. We ended up with 2 single beds. Mine tipped up when got into bed. Not very safe. After no help with phone we decided no point in raising this but on check out told reception staff.

The spa the restaurant and bar staff very attentive. Reception staff were polite could have been a little more helpful

A very good Holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing we can fault is that there is not a kettle in your room for a cup of tea / coffee in the morning.

All the staff are very help full and friendly. We stayed bed and breakfast and the breakfast was very good with a lot of choice available.

My stay at the Hotel Playa Albir was excellent and value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

although the food was excellent, at lunch time there was very little choice, also the entertainment when there was any, was very poor.

everything was excellent,the staff in all departments are excellent, the hotel and grounds are excellent, the food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Lovely hotel, lovely food, efficient staff, good location, we will go again next year.
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit disappointed with the lovely pool and setting as the water was freezing cold. Such a shame as it would have been wonderful to cool off a bit in the water

Room was well appointed and there was no charge for the fridge or pool towels you kept the same one . Massive choice of food for breakfast, did not eat in the hotel in the evening as there were lots and lots of restaurants around to choose from. Beds were a bit hard for me but with strategic use of the long pillows I slept very well. Staff kept the room clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Another stay at Albir Playa Hotel & Spa
    • Double or Twin Room

Maintenance was lacking in the bathroom, which I pointed out to Reception on departure. The breakfast buffet, even though very varied, needs improvement. Items such as the cooked ham, the bread/pastries and the juice produced by a machine are not of the quality one would expect from a 4 star hotel.

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel various times. This time I was allocated room 208 which has pool view. This room was recently and nicely refurbished with tasteful furniture and the sofa-bed and armchair re-upholstered. The bed is very firm, but I like it that way, so for me it was comfortable. The parking fee in the underground car park is a reasonable EUR 10.00 per day.

Staff and hotel excellent, restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

Most of the evening meals, I went out to eat on many evenings,especially Saturday night when they always had sea food.

the cereals, the eggs and bacon, the omelettes. teas and coffee, or wine or fruit drinks.

Short break May Bank Holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room for a late night cuppa would have been good, but you could buy drinks at the bar & take them upstairs.

Lovely hotel good facies for the price we paid. Good choice of food for buffet breakfast, even cava on offer if you wanted it! Free wifi A must is a walk to the lighthouse at the end of town El Faro absolutely stunning views

Perfect short stay hotel
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Terrible view over back... old mattresses and staff smoking area Telephone didnt work Empty mini bar

Beautiful bed linen and comfy beds Fabulous breakfast First class cleanliness

Gorgeous hotel, lovely staff, great holiday!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We visited the spa for the day and wanted to leave for some lunch and return, which we were informed was not allowed. For the money we paid, this should be included as there is nowhere to eat within the spa/

Bar staff were extremely nice and are a credit to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Fair to average hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

It was not possible to arrange an airport transfer because I did not give them 48 hours notice. Considering I was there due to a funeral it would have been a little difficult to give 48 hours notice! They gym does not open until 10.00 am. Most people want to use the gym in the morning so this seems a ridiculous policy. No water in the room

The pool area was perfect for the two of us.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic apart from one receptionist who was exceptionally rude. Shame one person has to spoil it!!

The pool area was perfect for the two of us. Breakfast was great. Lots of choice.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at the Albir Hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We really enjoyed our stay at the Albir Hotel. The rooms were very spacious with lovely views. The staff were very professional, friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

The best hotel in the area ,but NOT IN LOW SEASON
    • Double or Twin Room

we have stayed at this hotel before but will NOT RETURN IN WINTER MONTHS due to the numerous teenage sports teams staying at the same time .

very good food choice for breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

So so stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was too hard and not a lot of breakfast choice for people who have a lactose intolerance and have a vegetarian diet

Location good, nice pool and sauna

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Excellent stay for bikers with first class accomodation at a fair price!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

This is already the six't time we come in this hotel. It always fullfill our needs. We are bikers and this is a ideal location . Accomodation,food,and rooms are excellent. We can recommand certainly the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Overall good, rooms starting to look tired
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Hotel rooms looking quite tired now, we have been going there for the last 6 years and it is starting to show.

Staff good, excellent location, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Poor hotel
    • Double Room with Pool View

Staff unfriendly,beds uncomfortable, food was poor. There was bits of plaster all over the landing when we arrived and it was not cleaned up untiln3 days later. Would not reccommend or stay there again

Not much really location was good and the outside of the hotel looked nice

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Bit pricey for what you get. Looks amazing though but lacks details.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was uncomfortable due to the plastic mattress cover- noisy every time I moved! I would have liked a duvet as it was cold and I don't like the heating on all night. Instead I was advised by the hotel manager to keep the heating on and use the not very nice blanket provided. I asked for a kettle which I didn't get. For the price I paid I would expect tea making facilities in the room. Not all spa facilities were working.

Reception staff were very helpful and understanding.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Exactly what we were looking for.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfasts were not great but we ate out at night, so can't really comment on lunch or dinner.

Went away for Christmas and the weather was great...averaged about 19 degrees during the day. Hotel was excellent as usual and the Spa was a revelation. Staff are friendly and always around if you need someone. Reception staff are good, with Natalia a standout. Already looking to book for Christmas 2017.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Our fourth visit to this hotel and still Excellent value
    • Double or Twin Room

The central heating and TV remote did not function but was fixed within the hour after we notified the reception.

I think that the answers in Rate this Property above sum up my likes.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The hotel was excelent but the food was very poor.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hot dishes were always nearly cold. Even the fried eggs were cold.

The salads and cold meals were very good and fresh. The room was large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

We was a party of eleven for 5 days, and we had a great time will go back to this hotel again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Just one barman,so was waiting a long time to get served,and it was not full of people.

The food was good with a lot of choice, the room was quite large and cleaned every day, and the beach was about 10 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Being charged twice for my drinks. Unfortunately our stay was spoilt by receiving phone call on the way home. telling us they were taking money from our bank account for a drinks bill we had already paid. We are not very happy about this.

Enjoyable stay food very good .staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Balkony

The food

Balkony

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great room, nice staff, clean and comfortable

Small poolarea

Great room, nice staff, clean and comfortable

Good staff, and service,cleanliness of the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I feel you could look at your choice of beds.

Good staff, and service,cleanliness of the hotel..

Proximity to town and very nice staff

Proximity to town and very nice staff

Very quick check in, no issues with checking in early.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very quick check in, no issues with checking in early. Nice friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.

Pleasant. Good food in pleasant testaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms overlooking pool so much better than those on the front. Noisy from yraffic

Gardens. Lounges etc Breakfasts

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

brilliant
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel very good staff excellent.will return

Most enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

very happy with everything, breakfast was lovely and the staff very helpful and friendly

Friendly, helpful staff at the reception.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Disgusting food in a restaurant.

Friendly, helpful staff at the reception.

The place to be if you are training on a bike, alone or together with friends.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's quite much traffic outside.

Breakfast and dinner are very satisfying.

Location and faculties

Location and faculties

Great Hotel

very clean & friendly staff

Everything.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The air conditioning could have been better.

Everything.

Would recommend
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast variety was good and plentiful.

Very enjoyable stay the staff were very friendly and will visit again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little hard

Large room with everything you need for a short stay

Very relaxing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked tea/coffee facilities in our room. Didn't get replacement toiletries on our second day.

Spa was lovely.

Albir Playa Hotel
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was nothing I disliked.

Great breakfast.

Looking forward to returning in Nov.

More sunshine!

Breakfast was wonderful, so much variety, Staff were kind and gracious. Many thanks to all.

Food cold no entertainment Xmas dinner none existence spa...
    • Double or Twin Room

Food cold no entertainment Xmas dinner none existence spa not working

No the beds where not very good
    • Double Room with Pool View

Cleaning could have been better there vere bugs in the room

No the beds where not very good