Reviews of Iberostar Albufera Playa 4 stars

Avenida Playa de Muro, s/n, 07458 Playa de Muro, Spain

#3 of 32 hotels in Playa de Muro

It was perfect holiday for my family and for me..
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everrything in the hotel was perfect. I upgraded my reservation to all inclusive after my arrival on 2. day. Personnel at the reception, dining facilities, bars, house keeping they all were really friendly and helpful. I went the hotel with my wife and my 8 years old son. We arrived there around midnight. Our reservation was half-pension, so we were late for lunch. The personnel at the reception offered us buffet which is always prepared for late comers. Our room was very clean and was cleaned and tidied everyday. Whenever I asked anything in any restaurant from anyone, waiter, chief or manager it did not matter, they all tried solve my problem or provide what I asked. Swimming pool area was clean life guards were careful about all the issues for the pools. When we were there 1 of the life guard realized that there were something in the pool. She warned the technicians and the others. She had been waited there under the sun until the problem was solved and pool cleaned. I can not mention about the names because everyone in the hotel was perfect. Thank you very much for that perfect service.

The beach is great (excellent for small children), the stuff...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We booked the hotel last minute so we paid quite a lot for what the hotel offers. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice but I was kind of expecting something great or exceptional. I was a little disappointed that for a family hotel, there was no place to wash baby's bottles.

The beach is great (excellent for small children), the stuff, the entertainment and the pools were very nice. the lunch buffet was very good.

Its quite a big hotel, right on the beach.
    • Double Room for Single Use

Breakfast didn't open early enough to suit my schedule, but wasn't an issue. I should have slept in...

Its quite a big hotel, right on the beach. I had a good sized room that suited my needs perfectly for a 5 night stay. Clean and tody, and there's a selection of bars and restaurants within the hotel itself. Located nearby are a few more restaurants for added variety. The rooms were quiet and well appointed.

It's absolutely amazing 😍

-nothing to add, just maybe kettle in the room with tea/coffee

It's absolutely amazing 😍 -We liked the hotel starting from check in, fast +welcome drink - the room is nice , clean and new, has a balcony -staff is very friendly and helpful -the beach is very close to the hotel -3 awesome big pools -animation team - the dinner and breakfast are just something unbeliavable and every day something different and super tasty, EVERYTHING. You have to be strong enough to try at least 20% of the variety there. So if you wonder to take just breakfasts or breakfast+dinner -definitely the second one. We have stayed in different hotels around Mallorca and this one is our favorite! We will be back for sure. And also recommend it for all our friends. Thank you so much for our vacation

Perfect location
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The bed was a little soft for my liking but that personal preference.

The hotel is right on the beach and has a lovely swimming pool area. The food choices were great and the service.

The location, especially the beach, and food

Poor wifi, not included sun beds in the beach, the bad smell from outside at night so we couldn’t sleep with fresh air, also staff sometimes wasn’t very nice

The location, especially the beach, and food

Excellent location, beautiful view of beach and swimming...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Excellent location, beautiful view of beach and swimming pools. Breakfast included a wide variety of delicious foods. Cocktails were great and every night's show were amazing.

Excellent selection at breakfast.

Too shorter stay

Excellent selection at breakfast. Competing in the Mallorca 312 bike ride, and found this to be an excellent hotel, near enough to the start / finish, but far enough away for peace and quiet.

Nice beach,

We kept smelling sewer when we had the windows open. Our room was on the side of the hotel facing the parking lot and when the wind shut down at the evening, it definitely stank. We aren't sure whether this was from a bubbling sewer or waste treatment, or rather a natural sulphur pond/pool. But, it was definitely noticeable when the wind was down in the buildings to the south.

The buffet was surprisingly good -- lots of choices and fresh food. Very nice.

Best holiday ever!
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We were at this hotel for two weeks, the hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. The buffet was varied and of high quality, the maitre of the restaurant Miguel and our waitress Loli made us feel better than at home. The mini disco at 20:00 was so much fun our six year old daughter truly enjoyed it. At 21:00 bigger shows, 2 musicals Lion King and Frozen, nice scenery and well interpreted. Had also a Broadway Show, circus, magic show. Our hotel room was daily cleaned by lovely Lolita, an older lady that truly likes children and left always some candy for our child. Shower gel, body cream, hair conditioner of spa quality. First time I don't need to go to the supermarket to buy a bottle of shampoo and body gel. The beach playa de Muro is of thin clean sand, clear turquoise water, a real paradise. There are Thai ladies walking on the beach that offer massage, 10 euros 20 minutes, the lady that gave me massage was strong, I got a proper Thai bit painful massage. Near the hotel are 3 super markets where you can buy cold sangria and sun protection.

Great for kids, decent overall.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Erm, room was a bit hot at night. Two single beds pushed together not ideal for a couple... Pools were absolutely freezing!

Within the hotel, the staff were pleasant and the kids entertainment was great including the pool slides and evening fun. The beach bar just beyond the car park (not part of the hotel) was absolutely brilliant. Sat there and got roasted (in more ways than one) and was happiest man in the world.

Too expensive for what you get, spend your cash somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I would NOT recommend for a romantic getaway. This place is like a knock off mickey mouse club, cheesy shows at night, devoid of all Spanish culture and the food was all buffet and terrible. You pay for anything extra, beach towels, safes, snacks. The drinks were also, subpar. Also no hotel airport transfer, so city bus or taxi.

Nice beach and pools.

Relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room size is not so big small. A part of the hotel is older than the other one. The safe in the room is only available at additional charge. The stay has to be paid in advance.

The facility is at very high standards and the location is also very beautiful. The staff has been always very friendly. The place is just perfect for family with young children.

Food great, extremely clean, staff friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Beds aren't that comfortable, quiet hard and you don't get a double, it's two singles pushed together.

Food great, extremely clean, staff friendly. Right on lovely beach. Great family hotel.

Lovely family holiday but young children monopolised the running of the hotel

Kids club - absolute nightmare. We have older kids, stage area, constant noise, singing (bad) shouting exercise instructors, way too close to pool areas. Great to have a kids club but move it away from pool/bar/restaurants. Really intrusive and annoying. Nowhere to have a drink before dinner (or any time!) the only bar (in a hotel with loads of space) right in the middle of kids club carnage, kids disco 8.30-10.30pm - ridiculous, way too late. It looked more like Butlins than a 4 star hotel. Disappointing.

Staff excellent, efficient and friendly (particularly Jessica) Food - very good Rooms - small (used sofa bed) but clean

Everything was really exellent.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Maybe conditioning in the rooms, but it was not so big problem. Room service was not enought good, but for general impresion for us that was not biggest problem.

Everything was really exellent. Pools, food, teritory, animation, beatch, staff all of them 10. Really very high level. Maybe only rooms conditioning was not enought good and we have found some small ant in our room.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The pools and the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The food buffet was varied, but bland. Less quantity, more quality would be nice. Drinks were really overpriced. Room was only just big enough for double bed and sofa bed.

The pools and the beach.

Superb beach in 2 minutes walking
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No reserved parking for clients. Public parking is full 10:00-17:00. Drinks are extra for not all inclusive clients. Only shower in the room. No bath.

Superb beach in 2 minutes walking Waterslides for small kids. Excellent food and service in the main restaurant. Supermarket in 5 mins walking. The room interior is pleasant. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is possible starting from 5am.

fab holiday, love playa de muro

could do with family rooms that sleep 4 as we had to book 2 double rooms

great selection of foods, welcoming staff. Right on the golden sandy beach. 3 pools for different ages, lots of sunloungers

Difficult start with wonderful end!
    • Star Prestige Double Room with Executive Lounge Access (2 Adults)

The food was a bit boring and repetitive during dinner although there was plenty of choice.

I loved the cleanness and the design of the hotel and the garden. Very well maintained. The hotel personnel that were experienced were very helpful! Thanks to Jessica, Cristian and Vanessa for making our stay comfortable and pleasant.

Big but nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff,...

Very small double rooms. You should pay for adult's area on the roof. Sunbed on the beach are also for additional fee, but we didn't care because traveled over the island much.

Big but nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff, extremely varied and delicious food. Good sandy beach. Possibility to rent a bike.

Great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The music from the disco and bar is loud and continues till midnight. It's a bit hard to put a toddler to sleep.

The service is excellent. The staff is super friendly and really try to help you, even if you're in the wrong. There are many outdoor pools and restaurants, we didn't feel bored for the week we stayed. Food is also amazing for a 4star. Great value for money.

Great place to have a family vacation...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Check-in could be faster. The deposit for the beach towels is cumbersome (since you have to bring them back when you check-out) While ample parking space, these are public parking spaces. Meaning there is no security or exclusive places to park for guest.

This location really caters for children and family. we had booked half-boarding and during our meals in the Hotel, the staff catered for our 1 year old with items that were not in the buffet menu. A small touch but it goes miles for parents with small children. My wife's birthday was during our stay. I never notified the hotel of such, nevertheless, we were surprised to find a nice bottle of sparkling wine. the buffet menus change day to day and the food was usually good. The price of drinks, beers and wine are quite accommodating. The swimming pools are nice specially if you have small children with you and the beach is really accessible. All staff spoke very good English and despite the large amount of people they have to cater, they were usually nice and friendly. The entertainment for the children was also very nice, but the day care center was empty. So if you have children under the age of 2, there is not much really catered for them. I was very happy with the Iberostar system of doing things, and coming from Asia, where usually resorts are catering an adult crowd, it was nice to see an environment designed for family and children.

Very nice hotel

We have been to this hotel 3 times now and the experience has always been good. Friendly, staff, nice food and lovely facilities beside a sandy beach make it a great choice.

PERFECT HOTEL FOR FAMILIES. EXCELLENT STAFF !!!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Booking process with booking.com I will never use this website again as I have overpaid as the website didn't gave me a chance to choose double room only ( I traveled with my Wife and 1 year old child) we choose double room for 2 adults and baby under 2 years old and it turns out we have been charged for baby as a child over 2 years old (£300 + ) because there was no chance to book double room only as the child is free. Very complicated website and once we called booking.com they refused to help as they already had the money so they simply don't care.

The staff was amazing . Never meet such a good customer service. Great food selection .

Relaxing time

Despite there is free wifi at the entire hotel, I guess there are some different sources and sometimes you need to reconnect it depending where you move. It is also not super-high speed, but enough for social media, email, Whatsapp... There are several Iberostar at that street what can be a bit confusing to arrive but we got there.

I loved the beach just in front of the hotel, from transparent clear water to turquoise. First 4 days was calm like a swimming pool. On the 5th day, it was already with some waves. The 3 swimming pools at the hotel are also great. By the way, you can easily access the Iberostar Park as well, they are interconnected. I also loved the view from my room (3rd floor with swimming pool view). The bedroom was very comfortable, the air conditioning worked very well and good toiletries. Every night there is a different show (music, theater, dance) for free for guests and entertainment activities during the day. The breakfast was good and complete. I also saw a gym, a spa and an indoor warm swimming pool, but I didn't use them.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great breakfast, most of the staff friendly and accommodating
    • Double Room for Single Use

Not much to do, a few of the staff were unhelpful and rude. Not very accommodating when I was trying to organise a transfer to the airport. Not quite 4 star quality

Great breakfast, most of the staff friendly and accommodating

Great stsy

Couldn't believe there was no fresh orange available Also charging for use of room safe in such a quality hotel seems a bit penny pinching. However this did not detract from a wonderful stay

Staff friendly good choice of good excellently presented. Bar prices reasonable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Fantastic staff and great hotel.
    • Double Room for Single Use

Lovely hotel, great view, great location extremely clean and the food was great. The level of service from all staff members was excellent. Being a lone traveller they made me feel very comfortable and could not do enough to make my stay any better. All the staff are a credit to this hotel but Jessica, Natasha, Christina and Pep really made my stay a great one. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Lovely, clean, friendly hotel with great food
    • Double Room for Single Use

My room was at the end of the corridor and so had amazing sea views, yet the internet didn't seem to stretch that far very well, meaning I had to keep walking up the corridor to message people.

Very attentive and friendly staff. Cleaning staff were superb! Food was excellent - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very fresh and plenty of options. Nice to have the indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna and free-to-use washing machines. Will stay here again.

Brilliant staff, lovely quiet location.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

It would have been great to have the option of a double bed or at least singles made up into a double.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful or efficient. Breakfast was fantastic.... Buffet lunch and dinner were a really good price. Quiet location and taxis into playa arrived in seconds and were cheap (€6).

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

So great i'm going back with 7 others for the 312 cycle event next weekend.
    • Double Room with Garden View

suggestion...earl grey tea bags for breakfast please.

Brilliant base -5 days cycling in Mallorca. Breakfast set us up for the day. Staff were amazing very very helpful !!!

Only if you like all included type of big hotels (and if the smell is temporary)

The room and outside the third floor it smelled drain heavily at nights (not during the day). Also the bed and furniture in one of the two rooms we stayed was smelly. The variety in breakfast is big but not tasty at all.

The gardens, the scenery and the paysage were very good. The closeness to the beach is very good. Staff is great.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Not far off 5* hotel.
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No one tells the children to slow down. Whilst I know this a family hotel, children should be kept under control.

Staff really have been well trained in the art of customer service. It is really noticeable. I can't fault my of a them. Service at the bar, sat at tables for the show and restaurant is exceptionally good.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

It is a lovely hotel for family to stay
    • Double Room with Garden View

the bed not that comfortable. reception staff lack knowledge of the town didn't get any useful information on how to visit of the landmark of the town.

The food was very good Lovely beach. Mini club was good some of the exercise class was good. The management staff are good

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

All around good stay and friendly people.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We have a small baby, and the rooms are not very sound proof, every noise from the passage outside woke him up. The cleaning staff also like shouting to each other down the passages .

Staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

We (2 adults + 1 child) enjoyed the entire facility pretty...
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We (2 adults + 1 child) enjoyed the entire facility pretty much. The variety of food and beverage choices in the restaurant and bar could meet preferences of many demanding guests. Even though our stay was during the first week of October (i.e. after the high tourist season), it looked like the Hotel kept all the main activities in a full run (Kids Club, daily entertainments, night shows, etc.). The pool area(s), gardens and the direct access to the sandy beach, all this make the Hotel a very attractive leisure destination. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and service-oriented. Everyone (from the front-line, reception, restaurant, housekeeping…) is always with a good mood and smile!!! From the first day of our stay, an excellent housekeeping service was provided by ENCARNI !!! Thanks to her, our room was perfectly organised (clean and clear) and decorated with towel-animal-figures, each time accompanied with sweet surprises for our daughter. This Hotel is definitely a perfect choice for our next holidays!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Loved it!

Location is fine, a bit far away from the city, but it was very quiet there, just next to the park. The beach is very beautiful, so close to the hotel. Meals were perfect. I wish I could come back to this place!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great hotel. But
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I think there is no excuse to have extra charges for a spot on the beach and a simple safe in your room

The hotel is excellent. Friendly staff, excellent food and Restaurants. Beautiful beach. The only thing I would point out is that it' s unbelivable that this hotel charges 3€ a day to have access to a safe in your room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Will definitely stay with Iberostar again!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Reception could do a bit more to be warmer

Excellent activities for all ages. Good quality. Talented and energetic activity staff. Hard working staff in the restaurants and great maid service. Nice touches of drinks and snacks poolside.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Great food, staff, swimming pools, beach, wifi
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Wifi didn't work well at end of swimming pool, mini-club was sometimes too young/boring for my near-7-year old

Great food, staff, swimming pools, beach, wifi

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Getting totally spoilt with style

Evening entertainment could be better. More real bands. More contemporary music. Or more quality entertainment with high quality musicians whether rock, pop, classic, folk or flamenco, for example.

Fabulous service. Very attentive staff. Everything is taken care of. Exquisite food. Great facilities including sport and fitness Programme. Good company for teenagers to hang out with in safe environment.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Superb as usual 5( 5th visit )
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The a la carte restaurant and tamarind do not offer a real eating experience which is better than the main Buffet restaurant . Further " experience restaurants would be a benefit for a change perhaps a Chinese or maybe Indian food and ambiance although both cuisines are offered in the buffet the dedicated experience would be nice ? Alcohol being sold or given to under 18's this shoukd be controlled maybe with an ID or a wristband ID for those on half board .

Superb food choices , fresh and well presented no corners cut !

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The parking was open to the public.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The parking was open to the public. Given that it was next to a gorgeous beach, it made hotel parking on a sunny Saturday in July next to impossible.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great beach

Quite expensive comparing to other options

The atmosphere was great especially for families and mature couples though we enjoyed it,, Also the beach was great

We liked the accessibility to the beach

We didn’t like that there wasn’t coffee in all rooms...we thought we would have some and did not..

We liked the accessibility to the beach

Bike friendly hotel
    • Double Room with Garden View

Air conditioning not adequate in the rooms

Quiet location, close to the beach, friendly and helpful staff

Everything - it was an awesome holiday!
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything - it was an awesome holiday!

We like the staff;
    • Double Room for Single Use

We like the staff; they were very kindly! Special the director, cooking chief und the lady on the rezeption!

Very close to airport.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very close to airport. Very good place to stay for transfering.

An excellent stay!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Great food, ambience and we enjoyed every minute of our stay! The nightly performance was great too.

I liked the place where we lived near the beach,service,food...
    • Double Room with Garden View

I liked the place where we lived near the beach,service,food tasty and everything was perfect.

Fantastic hotel with really delicious dishes

Staff were all polite and hardworking😊 Everywhere was so clean.

unforgettable experience
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room a little bit noisy,

Food supper! Staff supper! Facility supper!

Amazing place to switch off for a few days :)
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

no double bed clearly a minus

Great package

Perfectly choice for family holiday.
    • Double Room with Partial Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Amazing staff, great choice of excellent food, nice hotel, very good location.

Amazing

Cannot think of a thing I didn't like.

I cannot praise the holiday enough, the staff were so helpful and very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Food, no kids menu!

Food, no kids menu!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Location lovely,pools fantastic, buffet good value,good...

Location lovely,pools fantastic, buffet good value,good range of activities.

Good for kids and family not couple
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

It was kid friendly and not recommended for couple without kid. Bed wasn't good. Not good sound isolation

Clean, good view and some food

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

great stay
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

was a great place very clean staff lovely would go again

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Staff are ever so accommodating and friendly!

no toothpaste supply!

Staff are ever so accommodating and friendly!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Gut
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The food was poor and everything was from pork, no beef !!

Activities and staff

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

I want to go back, definitely.

Nothing really...

The breakfast was amazing, with all details, ingredients you can imagine!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Recommend for family holiday

Air conditioner doesn't work

Professional stuff clean hotel very good food

Mallorca 167

The hot breakfasts were always cold & the menu choices was always the same

The staff were always helpful & friendly

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Perfect family holiday location
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The restaurants could be a bit more varied and stagger the closing times

All services were excellent

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Amazing food, beautiful pools and excellent staff.

Amazing food, beautiful pools and excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

good but expensive

beds and smell outside at night

food and staff

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Great Place on the beach

Beds too hard.

Everything.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Amazing location, really lovely part of Majorca.

Staff seemed a bit confused on check in and didn't have great English at times. Much more proficient at German. I was in a double room for single use and they kept making the twin beds as separate when they were pushed together and could have been used as one bed (since I was only one person in the room).

Amazing location, really lovely part of Majorca. Right on the beach and has everything you need for a relaxing getaway. Staff are very attentive and the atmosphere is lovely. The food is also really great, and we used the spa treatments which were really good. Highly recommend and I would come here again.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

I first just booked a room with breakfast, but I did an...

Well, nothing really. The only thing is: It´s quite expensive.

I first just booked a room with breakfast, but I did an upgrade to half pension because the dinner was just amazing! Plenty of space in my room - could easily fit my bike in! Friendly staff at any time.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

The staff was extremely accommodating.

We were staying in a beachfront room which seems nice, but there is an outdoor bar and a band that plays until midnight in the evenings. Every word that is said below you is heard in your room.

The staff was extremely accommodating. The rooms and the facilities were above average. The bathrooms were spotless.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Really relaxed resort – great breakfast selection, free wifi...

Really relaxed resort – great breakfast selection, free wifi, clean rooms. Ideal location for beach, bird sanctuary and towns like Alcudia and Pollenca.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

On rainy days: the small indoor swimming pool is overcrowded with kids. The sauna fits 4 people which is too small for such a big hotel. Luckily most of the time the weather is good.

Great location. Beautiful side of the island. Next to the sea and next to nature reserve. Great for beach walks and hiking. Impressive swimming pools and garden. Superb service and staff. Helpful, proactive and kind. Delicious food with plenty of choice. even for vegetarians. Overall a great place for sports or relaxation.

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Iberostar Albufera Playa traveller photo gallery