Reviews of Alfonso I 3 stars

A Gándara Guillarey, s/n, 36720 Tui, Spain

#10 of 15 hotels in Tui

• Double or Twin Room

Staff went extra mile. Shuttle came to Tui for us. Manager road in shuttle with us in the morning to make sure we got in Camino at right spot Great breakfast and stand alone restaurant

• Double or Twin Room

Hot day so left windows open, so noisy. Hotel did offer for us to change rooms

Great to have spa bath after long day walking the Camino. Staff very nice. Excellent restaurant on property

• Twin Room (1 Adult)

The price was a bit steep by comparison for the size of hotel, if I look back at my other bookings and where they were located etc etc. However, I do not begrudge this hotel as everything they did and offered was top quality.

Everything - the hotel, staff and all services were great, secure garage, good wifi, full breakfast and their cafe bar does big pints of draught beer and the tastiest, fresh and plentiful tapas I have had in Spain. A meal in itself. Handy location to start a coastal drive around Galicia.... go and see Baiona.. fantastic place.

• Twin Room - Disability Access

Slightly off the Camino, but well worth it.

The room was clean and spacious and a good value for the money. The hotel is a mile slightly off the Camino but we found the next morning that you can reach the Camino by walking through the local nature trail behind the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

When travelling on the route to Santiago the hotel is about a 40 minute walk from the actual route.

The hotel offered to give us a lift to the place where we ended the route to Santiago the previous day so that we didn't have to walk all the way back.

• Double or Twin Room

We were doing the Camino walk so left our bags there and walked 2 km back to join the Camino and walk to Porrino - a big day for us as we had already walked from Valencia.. the idea was that we would phone for a pickup when we got to Porrino. Unfortunately our Portugues SIM card no longer worked by the time we had walked to Porrino and we couldn't get the Albergue to call for us. Couldn't work the public phone so a €17 taxi ride. No ones fault and it was a good long day - slept well.

Staff spoke good English which was a bonus for us. Very active with their shuttle service to make it possible to come off the Camino. Good cafe. Air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

As walkers we relied on their pick up service but it is only as good as the receptionist on duty! We had one OK and one very poor female receptionist. They were very helpful in the morning. Hard beds....is this the norm?

• Double or Twin Room

No restaurant and no facilities to wash clothes.

This is advertised as. Hotel for travellers on the Camino Português. It is not en route. We walked to it, and then back to the CP meeting it at O Porriño. The hotel's shuttle to/from Tui would been a better option. It provides reasonably good facilities (no lavanderia however and the restaurant was not open). With planning this is a good hotel to choose.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The staff at the desk is very nice, but I could have used more assistance form them with a few practical things. For example, I needed to find a laundromat. The hotel has no laundry service and it does not have a washer/dryer. Three people who worked the front desk had no idea where there was a laundromat and they had no idea as to how I could find one.

This hotel is exceptional value for the price. The room was large and clean. The cafe downstairs was very reasonably priced, and the people working in the cafe were very accommodating of any special request. The people at the reception desk, for the most part, were very helpful. I made a mistake in booking my reservation, and they corrected it for me at no extra charge. I had never used booking.com before, and they were incredibly patient with me in trying to explain it to me--I thought paid prior to arriving at the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a little far out of Tui

Loved the spa bathtub after a long day on the Camino. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

too far from Santiago de Compostela road...

• Twin Room - Disability Access

Great break before Camino

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very good.. The bed could have been a little more soft,, but no complains.. All Personal was very friendly and helpful..

normal

• Twin Room (1 Adult)

Honestly can't remember much about the Alfonso. Neither good nor bad.

Nothing 2 dislike.

The whole package staff and place in it self

• Quadruple Room

Beds could be more comfortable and a bit out of the town

• Double or Twin Room

continuous noise of the air conditioning reception staff didn't know how provide directions

Parking space available

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better and cheaper

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Great hotel plus they drove us to the start of the Camino...couldn't be more gelpful

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The whirlpool did not work

Bar was good, internet worked well. In general staff very friendl. Breakfast also good value for money overall

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Fine for an overnight stay, but there is nothing near the hotel and town is about a 10 minute drive away. We just stopped for one night after crossing the border from Portugal and it was good for this purpose

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

It was unfortunate that the restaurant was being renovated although there is a café, the food options were limited and it is a long walk to the town.

It is a good location on the camino. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

I had to postpone my booking by 1 day (the same day of the check in)and they kept the money from my credit card for the reservation that was cancelled. I complained by e-mail asking for my money back and the answer was "Sorry, but I Can´t help you in this case.We charge the night because we have a contract with booking.com ..... If you make a booking directly with the hotel, you don’t have any problems with the cancelations." Apart from this problem, there is no real restaurant into the hotel, just a bar. The location is not so convenient if you have to go to Vigo, you have to take a highway (it is not for free).

Personnel at the desk was helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Upgrade to Junior Suite seemed restricted to larger bathroom. As with many Spanish Hotels, restaurant did not open until 9pm. Not good when you are leaving next morning. Not open Sunday evenings. Hotel 4km from Tui and other civilisation! Need car.

WIFI Good. Restaurant produced one of the best steaks I have had for some time, with good service.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

When you arrive to a new hotel to spend a night or two and the hotel is situated a bit outside the town, it´s very comfortable to let your car or cycle be parked at the hotel, for walkers, like me, it can be good to rest your legs. Almost every visitor on a new place wants to see the nearest town, specially if it is the lovely small town Tui (Pontevedra) near to the portuguese border - but how to come to the this town in a pleasant way, without using your own car or cycle and without order a taxi, without paying, without warring about anything - you just ask in the reception at the hotel Alfonso Primero three km north of Tui and they transfer you to AND from the center without any cost at all. But of course, I forgot, you must be a guest at the hotel - kind regards to all in the hotel Alfonso Primero from Arne Söderlund/Portimao, guest in July 2015

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

I had a great time at Hotel Alfonso I. The rooms and facilities were very nice and I slept very well. Oh gosh, so well. Plus the staff was also very helpful setting up taxi rides for me.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

Poor choice for breakfast

Liked more or less everything. Worth the price

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Breakfast doesn't have a lot of choices.

It is a very decent 3* hotel, with clean and comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Good location prior to travelling into Portugal

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was extremely generous in size. It was clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

La atencion en el restaurante

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Breakfast was very poor

Size of room Bed and general comfort Free outdoor parking

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.