Reviews of Amàre Beach Hotel Marbella - Adults Only 4 stars

Avenida Severo Ochoa, 8, 29603 Marbella, Spain

#6 of 59 hotels in Marbella

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Had an absolutely amazing stay! Staff were fantastic and would particularly like to mention Antonio and Iris (at the beach bar) who made our holiday extra special! Loved everything about it. Thank you :-)

• I Was Here Double Room

The constant hassle from the ‘looky looky’ men selling their tat on the beach. You’re laying try to relax and they are relentless!

Staff and food amazing. Great location. Loved it.

• Oh Là Là with Side Sea View Double or Twin Room

Staff were fantastic, always had a smile, rooms were modern, clean and high end finishing. Pool and bar area were spotless and sunbeds really comfy. love the fact you cant reserve a sunbed so no matter what time of the day you arrive you could get a bed. Loved it. Will def return

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Breakfast is indescribable! Champagne on ice. Every type of food imaginable and in endless supply. Sun loungers very comfortable. Excellent food in the beach restaurant. Beds very comfortable. Easy access to many restaurants.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

5 Star Hotel In each and every way. Everything looked brand new. The staff was friendly, the location was awesome. We sat by the pool or beach and were served food and drinks while the DJ played music in the background. Dinner that was included wasn’t your typical meal. It was awesome!!!!! We felt like we were at a 5 Star restaurant with impeccable service, great food and flamenco musicians playing in the background. The rooms were the best part and incredibly comfortable. We never wanted to leave this place.

• Only for me Single Room

The people smoking around pool and beach areas.

Great breakfast buffet. Nice facilities - room, gym, pool and beach areas, restaurant and lounge. Location on boardwalk is fantastic! Staff was very accommodating with us checking in early and checking out late.

Some friends and I have just returned from the Amare, we had the best time. The rooms are immaculate and the staff are fab. Beautiful breakfast too. The best bit for us was chilling on the loungers on the beach listening to the DJ and the violinist! We are planning our next trip already!

• Make it Happen Twin Room

The selection of wine on the rooftop terrace bar was poor. Why can't you serve Cloudy Bay like you do on the beach bar?

Everything really. The staff were very helpful everywhere.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

We have nothing to mention

The fourth time we have stayed here and the hotel continues to fully justify its rating. The rooms are very good and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. Although not used by us the spa and beach facilities appear very good. parking is very convenient on site

• Make it Happen Twin Room

The food in the dining room (evening meal) was very poor. It tasted as if it had been reheated which the staff confirmed. I have never seen so many half eaten portions returned.

The staff were outstanding. Happy welcoming and thoughtful

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The beaches are plagued by people trying to sell , bags ect.very of putting

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Best breakfast ever , didn't matter what time we went always fresh and well presented

• Make it Happen Twin Room

Excellent service, wonderful staff, amazing breakfast - all we wanted for a relaxing five day holiday. When we first arrived our room wasn’t ready but we were given access to a lounge for complimentary drinks and food. The whole experience was so wonderful and relaxing. My boyfriend had recently undergone chemo so this was a very important holiday for us both to unwind and we definitely got that!

• Oh Là Là with Side Sea View Double or Twin Room

Bellboy was rarely available and no valet

Awesome view and very helpful staff. The beach bar was very clean and comfortable and the rooftop bar is a must see

• I Was Here Double Room

One very minor thing for us was one afternoon it was very busy around the pool so more staff could’ve been beneficial on serving to speed things up. However it wasn’t a major issue for us as the service we received was still brilliant and once we was served it was very efficient.

Staff we’re brilliant - very polite and helpful and nothing was too much of a task for them. Service around the pool and beach areas was lovely, really maximised the relaxation time that myself and my partner went for. The music and atmosphere was also a plus. The spa facilities was also great, I had a 25 minute massage which was so relaxing and my therapist was brilliant, very polite and friendly. Rooms were decorated lovely, really fit in well with the theme of the whole hotel which was contemporary but rustic, very beach like, it was brilliant. Cleanliness wasn’t an issue at all as everything was spot on and well maintained.

• Keep the Secret - Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Organisation at breakfast was a bit chaotic and staff were a little robotic.

Room was excellent with a lovely big bed. Hotel was spacious and very clean and also pleasantly quiet. Pool area very nice. A great hotel for couples who like serenity. Also close proximity to Marbella's old quarter.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

We were not expecting such a pretentious hotel when we made the booking. We were made to feel inferior as we had booked a double room with side sea view and unknowingly when we wished to enjoy a drink in the bar in the front reception area we were refused entry and told as we hadn't paid the higher room we were not entitled to use that area. How insulting! The staff were not over friendly apart from the charming young man who helped us with our luggage on leaving the hotel. I was left to my own devices when enjoying the free hydrotherapy 1 hr spa... The spa staff were not helpful and didn't explain the procedure to follow. I don't speak Spanish!! As regular international travellers over many years we unfortunately cannot recommend this hotel as being a friendly welcoming place to stay.

The room was comfortable and the breakfast excellent with many choices. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony to have our breakfast.

Absolutely nothing

Was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Facilities just perfect. They've thought of everything. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Will definitely be going back

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

We stayed in Amare for a week and it was a wonderful time. Not because of the comfortable room, beautiful view from the window and delicious breakfasts. The heart of the hotel and its most important value is friendly, helpful and always smiling staff. The people of Amare make your stay perfect. Keep it up! You are great! :)

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The cost of the car park. I think it should be free for hotel guests, 15 euros a day is a bit expensive

We came for our mini moon and it was lovely! We had a gorgeous room and the staff were really helpful. My husband speaks Spanish so that was a bonus but the staff spoke fantastic English. It’s in a great location, we will definitely be back

• Keep the Secret - Triple room with Sea View

Excellent location, 5-10 minute walk into the Old Town, really lovely breakfast - lots of choice and staff very attentive. Will definitely recommend to others and return myself

• The One Oh La Lá Double or Twin Room with Sea View

restaurant at -1 level : there was miscommunication between reception and the restaurant : we were advised that a reservation was not needed, up till we arrived at the restaurant where, after 10 minutes waiting, we were told the restaurant was full. The hospitality lounge is great. Drinks and food outstanding. One area of attention : the printer did not work, annoying as it took us an extra hour to sort out how to print our boarding passes.

The room we had was very nice (seaview) . Despite being relatively small, you don't feel it that way, thanks to the smart design. Staff in the hotel is very kind, and pro-active.

• Make it Happen Twin Room

I stayed before in a junior suite and shower was more convenient than the one in make it happen room. Privacy in shower and toilet is needed 😉

Location, beach, view

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

We had one dinner in the main restaurant and while the setting and staff were excellent we thought the food was over elaborate with too many contrasting styles and flavours.

Nice room with large balcony. All of the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast quality and choice was great as was the setting.

• Keep the Secret - Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Breakfast was incredible and good location close to the city centre. The beach area and food there is also great - except we had a bit of cold weather. Restsaurant for dinner not worth it though.

• I Was Here Double Room

Noise from above roof top bar when chairs were dragged across the floor. FOr a perfect stay, do not take a room on floor overlooking the sea. Take floor 7 or lower with sea view.

Everything except the noise from above roof top bar when chairs were dragged across the floor. FOr a perfect stay, do not take a room on floor overlooking the sea. Take floor 7 or lower with sea view.

• Oh Lá Lá with Sea View Double or Twin Room

Minibar and restaurant prices were a little expensive. However, it is the location so was expected.

The room was really clean. The view was stunning, my sister and I booked the full sea view. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Bicycle hire was fabulous, Spa was a treat too. Lovely long walks and rides along the paseo with stunning views.

• The One Oh La Lá Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The pillows were exceptional. The hotel was very peaceful and the breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice, filter coffee, and made to order eggs was excellent.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Scrambled eggs and the selection of cheese for breakfast

Friendliness and efficiency of staff Freshness of the hotel and the spa treatments the products and staff

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The pool was very cold and would benefit from being heated.

Impressive hotel. Great location on the beach and close to the centre of Marbella. Very friendly staff, who could not do enough for you. Clean and spacious rooms. Very impressed and will go back.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Breakfasts are exceptional..lots of variety. Only problem was with coffee and tea. Coffee seemed to be made in batches as by the time you took it it did not stay warm..tea was also not hot enough. This was a shame as it spoilt a wonderful breakfast. Our booking also included half board evening meal - felt this was not what we had expected - not typical Spanish cuisine. Menu repeated itself on a weekly basis which is strange in a hotel of this calibre. Unfortunately this necessitated us eating outside the hotel which added to expense.

Wonderful hotel and staff..beds so comfortable it was difficult to leave them. Loved it so much we extended our stay by 3 days got great price from hotel for extension. Side sea view was wonderful. Maid service was exceptional. All staff we encountered were very friendly and always offered help if you required it.

• Keep the Secret - Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Marbella as a city is snob central and Amare Hotel tries hard to fit into the snob image and fails. The lobby reeks of cheap scents, the rooms are crazy expensive for what you get in the end, the Wi-Fi is shoddy at best and they asked to charge me just to bring me a set of cutlery and plate (empty!). The staff was not able to give me accurate information about which clubs and bars would be open during low season. Just unimpressed.

Great breakfast

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

the parking is a horror checking in, there`s no place to stop and disembark. after stopping in front (if possible) you have to drive a mile and go thru three lights to get to the garage of Amare.

No Complaints

Comfy bed, friendly staff, we up graded our room which was beautiful, food was lovely with entertainment some evenings. would go back again.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Would have liked to use the bicycles for less than a full day ie. just the evening. Some of the DJ music in the day was too harsh - would have preferred a more laid-back set.

Excellent facilities especially the pool area. Breakfast and evening meals were also excellent. Very comfortable room.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The fact you had to pay for flip flops for the very limited spa with its cold water Our newly refurbished room had a shower that leaked and lights that flashed all night long.

The location was good and the staff friendly and polite.

The weather

Checking in was very quick and friendly, room was very light and clean and enough space for the clothes. Relaxing music at the tv. Restaurants were very trendy and staff was friendly. Breakfast was excellent . Nice terras by the pool and lovely beach area. Ibiza style.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The rooftop bar could have stayed open a little longer. The room we stayed in got very hot had to open balcony door to get some air.

The view from the room was great as well as the cleanliness of hotel. The staff was helpful and very polite. The location of hotel is very good close to Old Town and right on promenade. Breakfast was delicious.

• I Was Here Double Room

Gutted that I was not acknowledged for my birthday and did not receive anything to the room on the day of celebration.

Amazing stay. Stayed for a birthday getaway and couldn’t have asked for a better hotel to have stayed with. Local to main bars/restaurants and right outside the beach which was amazing to wake up to. Rooms were amazing! Great big thanks to Gabrielle at reception as he made our stay great and was very welcoming upon checking in and assisted us through out our stay.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

everything was great, and we have high demands.

Its a Beautiful Hotel, worth every penny and not expensive at all. The hotel is top modern, interesting decor and excellent staff, what ever we needed was completed by the staff. there it a free entry to a stunning spa! everything is clean and comforting! Right at the beach!

• I Was Here Double Room

Nothing. A superb hotel in a great location, we enjoyed a very relaxing break here Monday to Wednesday. Great promenade you can access from the hotel bar on the lower ground floor which takes you right into Marbella itself.

From check in to check out we have just enjoyed the PERFECT break here with this hotel. Booked for my partners Birthday the hotel did go the extra mile (not expected at all) including birthday cake, room upgrade and several of the staff actually saying "Happy Birthday" Located near the old town but with its own private beach and amazing views, its far enough away from Banus to enjoy relaxation and Marbella without everything that goes with a Banus venue too. Superb facilities on site including a Spa, gorgeous roof top lounge bar, beach bar, and 3 restaurants on site too. We can't wait to come back!!!

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Their Sky bar at the top of the building ,which is heavily promoted by the Hotel as one of their stand out features was closed for private functions on the Friday and Saturday night of our stay. We where not impressed and the Manager was less than helpful in resolving the matter

First class breakfast and poolside facilities

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Very comfortable bed. Excellent that breakfast was served until 11am. Good tea and coffee making facilities in room. Very quiet room , nice balcony with lovely view.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Lunch menu was poor for gluten free options and staff weren't educated to answer queries on what was actually gluten free

Lovely bedroom with very comfy bed. Also comfy sun beds by the pool and on the private beach. And being served a bowl of jellies with our drinks

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The hotel is expensive but still good value in comparison with other 4 and 5 star hotels, especially in a place like Marbella.

Nicely decorated room with a good sea view. The hotel is right on the beach and we found the loungers by the pool and in the private beach area very comfortable. Nice rooftop terrace with a bar. Downstairs bar and the pool area are very stylish. The food during breakfasts and dinners was very good; much better than the buffet in other similarly priced hotels we previously stayed in. Decent spa facilities included in the room price.

• Oh Là Là with Side Sea View Double or Twin Room

One of the best hotels i have every stayed at and i had the added bonus of rubbing shoulders with a few A list and B list celebrities that were staying at the Hotel as well. Its always best to know how to get around before you come out here so i would suggest you get the Cabify app to book cabs

• I Was Here Double Room

The sea water at this location felt a bit "oily " ....the area / beach to the left of the property was better

Super breakfast Very comfy bed linen Loved the in-house toiletries Spa really nice , small but very good steam room and shower Direct access to the beach Food in general DJs on the beach Complimetary welcome Cava All in all , loved this hotel and ill return

• Make it Happen Twin Room

We had a misunderstanding with laundry, we were told it was free then incurred a very large bill (221 Euros) and had a disagreement with one of the managers. They did work to help resolve the problem to a more reasonable term later, but I would look into the cost per item before submitting clothes for cleaning.

Wonderful stunning breakfast buffet, the wireless Bluetooth speaker built into the room was a nice touch. Also the push button remote to waiter service was absolutely divine! Perfect for complete total relaxation by the beach or the pool.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The air conditioning was a little troublesome- didn't cause too much of a problem for the time of year.

The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I described the hotel as being a slick operation- very organised and on the ball. Fantastic experience and one which I will book again.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Location brilliant staff so friendly and helpful. Amazing breakfast and beach bar food excellent..and a complimentary bottle of cava unexpected but very Welcome!!

Liked everything

Super breakfasts on the patio. Can't beat fresh orange juice and cava for a Buck's Fizz Really enjoyed the complementary bottle of cava in the room too.

• I Was Here Double Room

The room did need a bit of an update.

The communal areas are amazing and we were happy with how everything went. The Messina Restaurant next door was a highlight. Beach areas ticked most of the boxes. Easy to walk into town. Seemed very safe.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The parking place in the underground is a little bit narrow at the entrance, but every day and every time was free place possibility there.

Very kind stuff, quiet and enough big size room, cleanless and amazing delicious breakfast. The location of the hotel in Marbella is very good. We've got a surprise champagne as complimentary in our room at our 5th day. We liked the bar on the top floor. Also we liked, that is a hotel only for adult had the possibility for the total relaxing. Recommended hotel for everyone!

• The One Oh La Lá Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast pastries not the freshest. Entertainment was good but an entertainment-free dining option would be nice.

Amazing location right on a beautiful beach but easy stroll to the old town. Beautiful room. Good food, loved the all-day snack bar

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

When checking in we were told breakfast was €15. However the next morning when booking we were told it was €20 If you book on the day. This could have been communicated when checking in.

Breakfast was AMAZING! The bottle of Cava left in our room on the second day was also a nice touch.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

There were a few small things here and there but so small waste of time mentioning as the excellent things put weighed anything else

Beautiful inside , great breakfast that had everything you wanted from hot fresh food to cold meats , fruits , huge bread selection plus including unlimited cava ! The outside pool area is immaculate , and the beach club although a little expensive it is Marbella and you have to treat yourself - the tacos are to die for . Great hotel , would go back in a flash . Located perfectly for a nice 5-10 minute walk into the beautiful old town round orange square (so many great restaurants ) or right on the front to walk the 45 minutes all the way along the sea to Banus, of course stopping at some amazing beach bars , especially the ones outside Puento Romano. Finally staff amazing , speak 4 languages , quite embarrassing really as I only speak 1

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Cold pool and no indoor pool. Could not keep the room on for a late departure as our flight was not until 9pm and no room to use for half an hour to have a show etc.

Very nice hotel, very clean and almost minimalistic. Right on the beach. Rooms impressive. Enjoyed our stay and would return.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Full length mirror in bedroom

Everything ..pure luxury ..felt very spoilt . Staff can't do enough for you facilities excellent food great. Room service ...beach music ... consistent ...have been there 3 times ..love it

• My Way Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel has underground parking available but the single point of entry and exit was difficult.

The staff was great. Whether at reception, restaurant, pool, beach, bar, the staff was without exception friendly, available, and truly appeared happy to serve. The room was clean, facilities modern and in perfect working order. Breakfast was excellent with a large variety and a great omelet chef.

Everything perfect. Can't fault anything

Everything. Hotel one of the best I have stayed in. Pure luxury. The private area of the beach, beach bar and restaurant. Gorgeous pool. Free towels and sunbeds. Waiter service, even on the beach. Reception staff so helpful. We rented bikes for the afternoon and cycled along the promenade to Peurto Banus. Had lunch in Victors Beach bar on way ack. Wish we had stayed longer and will definitely return

• I Was Here Double Room

The breakfast area is very cramped, continually trying to avoid bumping into other people and no where to sit your plate while trying to put food on it .

Staff were very pleasant and received a complementary bottle of cava. Good hairdryer.

• My Way Twin Room with Extra Bed

Nothing about this hotel I didn’t like

Fab location excellent service from reception to beach bar. Can’t fault this hotel. Went with 2 friends and now going to book to go with my husband . Love this hotel

Nothing just perfect!

Staff were amazing, such a clean hotel with amazing facilities including private beach & separate pool with waitered service, spa, bike hire which is perfect for a trip to Puerto Banus on the pedestrianised promenade. Roof top bar. Breakfast was incredible, amazing selection even had the option for a cheeky Buck’s Fizz included in B&B price! We will be heading back, two nights was not long enough.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View and Massage

We had a late flight and there was no option to extend our room and the facilities to have a shower and change were extremely disappointing We had to use showers by the gym and they were not clean and they were very small This really lets the standard of the hotel down

Lovely location Excellent comfty clean rooms Excellent breakfast Helpful and friendly staff

• Only for me Single Room

Drink service at the beach was a little slow/flaky but everything else was great.

The beach area was exactly what I was looking for, and the rooftop bar was pretty awesome.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Beds were a little too firm, bathrooms steamed up easily and it was difficult to tell if there was an extractor or not. A switch for a fan would be useful. The bathroom also got very warm so a ceiling fan could be combined with an extractor. Bar costs a bit steep.

Room size was very good, staff were well trained, polite and attentive without being obtrusive. Grab and Go a very good idea though we didn't use it. Availability of bikes and other facilities such as the gym, very good. Breakfast includes excellent choices, with eggs cooked to order, and available til 11 which was perfect. Location within minutes of the old town was superb, and plenty of restaurants on the doorstep. Call bells for drinks and food service from pool and beach area excellent idea. Local spirit measures enormous!

• My Way Twin Room with Extra Bed

Lovely hotel, disappointed with the 3rd bed booked for 3rd adult - stayed with daughter and my mother for her 80th birthday. Roof bar fabulous but with bar prices to match!

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Cocktails served by the pool in horrible opaque plastic beakers. Cocktails should be enjoyable to look at as well as to drink!

Our 3rd visit. We choose this hotel for the overall experience of comfort, Adults only policy and its fantastic location. but what makes this hotel are its staff who without exception are welcoming, friendly and unfailingly courteous and helpful.

Nothing all perfect!

Excellent hotel, we've stayed there many times, we're never dissapointed. The staff are very helpful and friendly. It's a great hotel in the perfect location

• Make it Happen Twin Room

The only set back was the noise from the roof top bar if you are staying on the 9th floors (also the best rooms).

We absolutely loved this hotel; a hidden gem in Old Town Marbella. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were very new and clean and the hotel just looks amazing. Has amazing views from the rooms and the roof top bar. Breakfast was also very good.

• I Was Here Double Room

Absolutely nothing was wrong.

Great location, breakfast was very nice and lunch at the restaurant on the beach very nice. Great to get waiter service at click of a button. Sunbeds very very comfortable and fresh towels every day for the pool and beach. Room was very comfortable and upgraded to have balcony. Roof terrace bar was great,amazing views and great cocktails.

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Our first room was horrible and did not have a view . Room was very small and we didn't like it , I complained and they changed our room to a sea facing room .

The breakfast was amazing, hotel was right on the beach. I love running and cycling and there was a trail right next to the hotel .

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Spa treatment far shorter than I was paying for. I asked for a longer treatment and paid for 1.5 hours but it was less than an hour and not of a high standard at all. Very disappointing when I was looking forward to it and it was expensive. No free water in room and bare minimum left to make coffee or tea. Only enough for one cup so having had one at night there was none left for morning. No milk or sugar. They were sparse with the extras and tried to make more money on facilities.

nothing to dislike

just a fantastic hotel .Great location friendly professional staff . Lovely sky bar for early evening.One of the best hotels we have stayed in .Cannot praise it enough. Already booked for next year

• My Way Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

All in all very nice hotel and facilities. I was bit disappointed on first day of our stay that the door had come of its hinges in toilet by swimming pool but I told reception and it was soon repaired and also on the Saturday after our first visit to breakfast, had a visit to the ladies toilets which again I was very disappointed with the cleanliness as this was very poor for a hotel of this standard and at such an early time in the day e.g. 10.am. But I told reception and it was cleaned.

The service for getting served drinks/food around the pool was very slow.

This hotel is stunning especially the pool area and the sunbed area down by the beach. The staff were very friendly and helpful, this was a great long weekend break for my friend's 40th birthday. Great touch at the end of our stay with a complimentary bottle of fizz in the room!! Breakfast was amazing, best ever selection. Check out roof bar very modern, slick and great views