Reviews of Hotel Amazonas 3 stars

San Bartolomeu, 4, 07600 El Arenal, Spain

The hotel is near the beach and the promenade.

The hotel is near the beach and the promenade. We liked the location very much. The room was clean, with balcony, but no room service. We spend there only 2 nights, so it was OK. The breakfast was also OK, you could choose from different options. There was also a nice pool outside.

Localization, room with good space and balcony, breakfast,...

Difficult to find a place to park, no refrigerator in the room

Localization, room with good space and balcony, breakfast, beach within walking minutes, bars, restaurants

We really loved the wide variety of breakfast.

The room was not cleaned properly (dirty corners). The room had a TV but no remote control, or a pen for writing. And the noise from the street was a little disturbing.

We really loved the wide variety of breakfast. The room was spacy and the bathroom was well equipped. The reception staff were great - kind, very helpful and funny :)

Every day is I got the bus to go to Can Pastilla

I didn’t like the hotel in general and also I didn’t like the surrounds i’m used to to staying in CanPastilla

I only had breakfast the breakfast I think is nice as shame they only have one coffee machine bad luck for me it it broke once in the morning and I could I have my coffee with the food

Adjacent linked hotel full of noisy adolescents.

Adjacent linked hotel full of noisy adolescents..They used the hotel pool and restaurant. There was NO ENTERTAINMENT. Very poor value for money.Food poor and not much variety. Will not go back!!

Clean room and bathroom but cigarette end on balcony

Reception check in took a long time. No free Wi-fi. TV in room controlled by remote only and NO remote. Lots of noise from other rooms. Rubbish room for price.

Clean room and bathroom but cigarette end on balcony

Good, thanks

Paying to use room safe, deposit to use iron. no remote in room when asked we was told no English tv channels available. Being woke up 2 nights out of 3 because the guests next door to our room was very noisy, we asked them to be quiet and they obliged until following night, we stayed in room 204

Location was fantastic, 2 mins walk to beach and ten mins by car to airport, 30 mins by bus. Very close to many food resturants/shop's and suoermakets. Clean room, modern bathroom, nice big pool. Luggage storage was good for checking out. Nice breakfast buffet. We arrived earlier than planned and was allowed to check in early, thank you to gentlemen at reception. Good price for time of year

Avoid if you have kids or you’re looking for a good nights sleep

Where do I start....Overpriced, nearly €300 for two rooms for one night, both of which were very small and basic. It took us nearly an hour to check in, not sure if this was due to an error with the booking or the fact the two people on reception seemed convinced our party of 5 should’ve been 4, It wasn’t until I pointed out the two different room rates that they realised I had booked one room for 3 people and one for 2, then they managed to delete our passport details from the system 3 times....I’m happy to wait to check in if it’s due to it being busy, but it was just us “trying” to get into our rooms. The noise from the street kept us awake for most of the night, This was due to various late night food stops for the constant stream of drunk kids to stop at, Once all had finally returned home the street cleaners came out to play, The location is perfect if you’re between 18 and 25 and are happy to sleep the hangover off during the day, it’s not suitable for families. Checking out was very straight forward but when I asked if someone could book me a taxi the gent on reception pointed me towards his colleague who was on the phone, after waiting for 15 minutes for her to finish what appeared to be a very animated call I asked if it would quicker to hail one down, the response was a nod and a shrug, I can only presume he had a phobia of phones. This is first time I’ve left a negative review as even some of the less average hotels I’ve stayed in had some positive aspects, this one however didn’t.

Nothing - We only stayed one night, we may have found some positive features if we had stayed longer but I’m not convinced

Very expensive for what they offer

The hotel is very expensive for what they offer... my room was with windows to the street and it was very noisy and I was in 4th floor... the hotel should invest in some sound isolate.. the breakfast was always missing something if u go later... if u ho at 8 it is fine... but be prepare to have the same thing all days... the swimming pool works between 10-19 I believe it will be good if they extend the time in the summer since usually people came from the beach late.

It is clear and have a good air conditioning

Everything else was very good.

Nice and clean, food was very good but had a limited choice. The only down side.was the noise as we were in a room above the entrance.

Everything else was very good.

The breakfast spread was quite good.

The breakfast spread was quite good. We were not expecting it to have a variety but we were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. The room is small but comfortable. The check-in was very smooth even though we reached the hotel late in the night.

Good for price

The towels when we arrived had holes in but got changed the next day.

The food was good, lots of nice salads & fish very good. Good location if you want quiet... only a 15/20 mins walk to bars.

Just OK!!!
    • Double Room with Sea View

The hotel looks fine on the website, but it's really not three stars! Last week my wife and I visited one night and luckily it was only one night. The rooms are empty with nothing, we asked for a safe but that's a fee, an iron? Must deposit! Twin beds and worst of all is cleanliness! One of the guests threw up on the sheet of bed and threw it down the corridor and it stayed until morning without anyone cleaning it. To this hotel we will not go back and will not recommend.

Great location and accommodated early check in, which was...

Room a little dirty and unkept. Rips in curtains and stains on walls. Expect more from a hotel.

Great location and accommodated early check in, which was very appreciated. Loved the all inclusive option- this was excellent value and a good option for someone recovering from long haul jetlag. Was able to totally chill out for a could of days and it was great.

Good location, within walking distance of Palma Aquarium and...

The only downsides were the room we stayed in was very basic and bare and there was no free internet, they also could do with extra sun loungers around the swimming pool area with the size of the hotel.

Good location, within walking distance of Palma Aquarium and Aqua Land. Staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel was lovely and the pool was a good size and clean. Wide selection of food for breakfast.

Ok in general, but all the additional fees for normally free facilities are just ridiculous.

No free wifi, although it was said so in the ad; the safe box is also only available for additional fee (which is really expensive and just ridiculous); TV remote control is available for 10€ deposit.

Location is really good, very close to the beach. The hotel is ok, nothing special. Breakfast was good.

Nice hotel but very poor and unhelpful receptionist

I asked the receptionist for help to change my flight as my mum wasn't well and I needed to return early - she wasn't interested said the night staff had gave me the telephone number and to call it. The wifi wasn't working in the hotel - I asked did she know anywhere that I could use wifi nearby - she said no - when in fact a Internet cafe was straight across the road

Cleanliness of dining room and food

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

In total hotel is good and we would come back there again.

Breakfast same every day and poor choise, but quality is not so bad. No entertainment during the day and evening so a little bit boring. Not enough sunbeds around swiming pool. There is no information in the room about hotel rules and how to call reception so we couldnt report noisy neighbours.

Everything was good, twin room was spacious only walls a bit dirty. Staff was nice always smiling, friendly and helpfull. Spacious reception and other public area, good air conditioning in the room and everywhere else. Possibility to eat your meals outside in the nice terrace. Big and clean swimming pool, nice garden, bar outside with snacks, behind the bar big area to play ball or tennis.

Maybe some people like it

The area is not great. The quality of the food at breakfast is average, the room was super basic and everything looked old. The whole hotel was full of German teens (some of them kind of rude). We paid more than 150 EUR (3 people) and for for this kind of stay is not worth it (just to mention that only one of us slept at the hotel, because we arrived in the morning for breakfast).

This was an ok hotel for one night. I booked it, because it was the cheapest last minute option and it was close to the airport.

We ordered one large bed instead we got 2 singles. During breakfast a lot of time some things were missing or weren't served yet. Swimming pool is open from 10am to 7pm - we managed to use it once. When we arrived woman in reception barely spoke English. Thin walls and loads of ppl makes it a bad place to relax. In addition really bad WiFi.

Good airconditioners in rooms, spacy toilet, sometimes good breakfast

Anarchy on the floors, never again !

Do not expect to relax in your room, on the floors is anarchy, door banging all night and loud talks of the mostly young clients, yelling from balconies or on the floor. This Establishment should not carry the name "HOTEL", it s like mutiny in a brazilian jail, anarchy on the guest floors and no one cares. "Hell on earth" is a good description. Okay if you're young join the party, if you like to celebrate with spanish minors who just left school and are first time alone on a trip !

Buffet was acceptable; in a 3star hotel I didn't expect salmon or herring at breakfast; staff is nice there.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Noisy nights.

Noisy nights. Acoustic isolation could be improved to buffer the noise of other people in the corridors and rooms

Super location and nice Hotel

I didnt Breakfast that much. Was not healty and it was not tasty.

Super Location and nice Hotel (room). We had a perfect view.

It was clean

no free wifi

It was clean

Breakfast was very varied and tasty.

It was very hard to park near the hotel.

Nice staff

I think a double bed should be one big bed and not 2 beds...
    • Double Room with Sea View

I think a double bed should be one big bed and not 2 beds pushed together.

Relaxing, comfortable, quiet and friendly

There was nothing I didnt like.

Clean, quiet and very friendly staff.

- close to the beach

- really bad food - staff is stressed and not friendly

- close to the beach - coktails are kinda good

The staff could let me stay for a little longer since my...

The staff could let me stay for a little longer since my flight was in the evening. Thank you so much for doing this! Really appreciate that :)

Good hotel for young party people.

pool was open only till 7 pm and the lifeguard on duty was very rude.

Very good location. Gread food (all inclusive)

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Pool.

Very noisy rooms! No wi fi at all!

Pool. Cleaniness. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Nice, clean room.

no air condition, no free wifi, incredibly big noise,

Nice, clean room. Good breakfast, nice big pool, good location

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Big swimming pool ,nice view , excellent location close to...

Wifi internet no good connection very expencive

Big swimming pool ,nice view , excellent location close to the sea

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Staff super very helpful with storing our 4 cycles

Lots of groups of young lads being drunk and noisy near our rooms. Prostitutes opposite the hotel.

Staff super very helpful with storing our 4 cycles

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.