Reviews of Amrey Sant Pau 2 stars

Sant Antoni María Claret, 173, Horta-Guinardó, 08041 Barcelona, Spain

#322 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

It hasn’t any little fridge, no electric water boiler and they don’t offer some complimentary water bottle or some coffee or tea bags in the room. In addition, the air conditioning is very old and walls are thin that I heard people in other rooms doing early check out. One early morning by 6.00 am I was awakened by one woman walking with high heels upstairs. It would be suggested they change their door keys system with modern card door locks. It’s a bit inconvenient to give back the keys as they say every time you leave and enter in particular when there are people in the lobby. Compared to other hotels with similar prices and cheaper I stayed in Barcelona and in Madrid (and in the world) the single room quality looks like more one inn or hostel one. Mine was interior with no views and dark if you don’t use the lights. It’s fine for short stays for a tourist stay, but the single room is not for a business trip if you need a good sleep and after a long trip with jetlag. In addition I don’t understand why my booking fee of 90 euros was refunded when it was already paid with a credit card that had to be cancelled a few months ago. I have still problems with my bank to get my money back which seems to be in a The limbo in more than 12 days that I have to claim it back after my trip and I don’t know yet if it will be recovered. If this may happen to any future client, I suggest that you don’t allow it because they already got your money and paid for it...

It’s near Sagrada Família and it’s easy to move around in the centre. The bathroom was large.

Single room was a bit claustrophobic and really too dark Area is not of the nicest, so I’m actually glad I’ve stayed one night only

Staff was amazing, every single one of them Breakfast was ok Metro nearby

Not many hot breakfast options...but, that is fairly common in Barcelona.

Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Easy to get to on the public transit system. San Pau Square next to the hotel is beautiful.

Good positioning - Sagrada Familia is nearby and there is a nice walking street between Sant Pau and Sagrada; Parc Guell is also pretty close to walk to; subway is also close

well I always prefer restaurants with windows and don´t like so much breakfast rooms without

Your very friendly and helpful people at the reception desk at any time during daytime or late in the evening were impressive that we got the room with a balcony, I had asked for

The bathroom was clean, but a bit old. It could maybe use a makeover.

The staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpfull. Our room (nr 612) had a really great balcony with a very nice view at the Hospital San Pau and at the city of Barcelona. The hotel is at walking distance to Sagrada Familia and two metro stations are nearby. Breakfast was good!

Room was quite small, and the air conditioning was quite hard to work out. An extra pillow would have been good!

Located within the centre of Barcelona with easy access to all the attractions.

Really tasty breakfast with loads of choice but no hot food.

Great location.Comfortable room, lovely terrace with fabulous views. Friendly and helpful staff.

Breakfast wasn't great but everything was quickly replenished; Air conditioning was too hot and there was no way to regulate it (only HOT or HOTTER in winter)

The location is good and the hotel comfortable. The staff is very friendly.

The hotel has a perfect location. It is next to UNESCO-listed monument. You can see it from the balcony. The metro is only about 300 meters away. Breakfast is hearty, great choice, good price. The main attraction - La Sagrada Familia - is just a 10-minute walk.

The room is claustrophobic, didn't realize they only furnish you a single bed No window. It's not a place where you can stay apart from when you're sleeping

The front desk is really helpful. Different from what I read online everyone was nice to me.

Great location next to Hospital Santa Creu I Sant Pau. Close to Metro. Easy access to all main tourist sites. Very helpful, friendly staff. Very good breakfast.

The rooms were noisy, not enough sound insulation. The street was a bit loud

I was pleased to find out that the hotel had a small cafeteria that served dinner until 10pm and drinks a snacks until late in the evening.

1. No room service 2. No kettle in the room For a 2 Star property, this seemed quite big misses

It had a good view of Sant Pau hospital. Great balcony to enjoy an evening in

I was attending a conference which required formal wear but they didn't even have an iron u could borrow so I ended up wearing creased clothes throughout the 3 day event..

Room was quite large and the balcony was a nice touch

The hotel charged my card without my knowledge. I was requested to put in my information when booking and there was a statement informing that my card would not be charged, however when I checked out I was informed my card had already been charged. The property was nice however the room was very warm and the air conditioning was loud. Served the purpose of what we needed it for.

The shower water covered the bathroom floor even with the shower curtain.

We had a very comfortable stay in a room that came with a nice balcony. It was nice to have a one night break from staying in hostels in a comfortable room. The location was far away from everything, but a very comfortable stay.

They put 2 single beds together. I with we had a double or queen size bed

Everything from location to staff, from room view to cleanliness from everything to all

near to the street and like a business trip hotel

Breakfast enough, juices were too artificial, not a great breakfast but good to start the day with something. 5 min away from Metro an 3 min away from the bus. The personal were nice and the building is renewed.

When we arrived we found out that breakfast was not included in the room price and that it costs 9 euros per person per day. When we searched for this booking, we selected rooms with included breakfast and we were surprised to find out we had to pay extra. After we paid the room and left the reception, we were also taxed 90 euros for credit card validation without being told. This sum was given back to us after the payment for the room was made (after about 3 days) but still this left a really bad impression on us.

We were allowed to leave the luggage after check out and this allowed us to visit more in Barcelona that day.

Too far away from local attractions.Also the hotel only sells tickets for 1 bus and the other comes close to the hotel. you end up walking 20 - 30 minutes to the venue from Turistic bus. Staff at breakfast were rude and very rushed. we had no time to finish breakfast so took 1 orange and was shouted at by staff. Not recommended to eat at the hotel!

the local plaza served good food!

It would be great to have some porridge on the breakfast

Good hotel. 1.Not far from the downtown and also in 10 minutes from Sagrada Familia. A lot of cafes and restaurantes not far from the Hotel. 2. We lived on a six floor. OUr number was comfortable and we have a beautiful balcony, but it was a bit windy all days during our vocation. But from time to time it was a weird smell in the room. 3. Good breakfast, every day it was plenty of fruits and anothe dishes.

No soap in the room, air con was just blowing air at the room temperature even though was temperature was set at the minimum. Very dark inside. Wanted to use the envelope but the previous guests already scribbled something on it. The breakfast was average: diluted juice, tasteless croissants.

Location is good

The room was really small and a bit shallow, with a small window looking onto a wall. The air conditioner worked well buy was extremely noisy

Clean hotel in El Clot-Arago neighbourhood. It was good value for money: nothing fancy of course but wifi worked well, the breakfast was OK, and the room, although extremely small and bit shallow, was clean. The staff was very nice.

The prices were comparative with hotels who offer a balcony. A fridge would be useful when self catering (not rocket science). The air-con was not brilliant.

Cleanliness was impressive. Location was good. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Only down side is the restaurant/cafe was terrible and had limited menu options. The breakfast is not worth the expensive price, no variety and stale bread .

Good deal for the money paid. Very clean room. Lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We expected an iron/ironing board (which most hotels give) = no no. The staff recommended us to buy an iron from across the street :-/ (bearing in mind that we arrived on a domestic flight, our luggage was minimum so buying an iron was out the window, and there were no laundromat/ironing services around) but we life-hacked it and hung the clothes in the bathroom and let the steam 'iron out' the main creases (worked 7/10). Although the Metro was close, we always found ourselves crossing the Metro lines as it wasn't a main line, so we were not on any main line - which doesn't mean much, but just adds time to the journey.

Balcony, big spacious room, we booked a twin room and asked for a double bed, which they gave us. House keeping was good. Shops around the corner. Sagrada familia was realistically about 15-20 min walk away (or one Metro stop away, we walked because of the nice weather). Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It was very basic for the amount of money. I think you should renovate the rooms. All the things were clean , and in the room there were all the needed things , but they were very used. For that amount of money i think they must be new/look as new.

The position was great. For max 10 min walking you were at Sacrada.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Initial problem with the electrics in the room. Sink tap would sometimes switch itself off. Cracks in the bath. Limited, carb-filled breakfast.

Vending machine situated near reception comes in handy, as does the café. Bed is comfortable enough. Hotel is close to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Two single beds for a couple is not the best solution. It would take 30 min by bus to go to central areas.

The members of the staff are very polite. Always available and helpful. Amazing view from the room. The room was clean and we had daily cleaning. Fair price for a 2 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The hotelrooms are generally quite noisy. If you have a problem with noises from other rooms, doors opening and closing or noises from the ventilation then you have a problem in this hotel even in the quietest rooms. Rooms facing the street will be even noisier!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

It's a walk of at least 45 mins to the old town which is quite a trek but there is a metro station very near the hotel which we would use if we stayed again.

A welcoming hotel with really warm courteous staff. We were given a lovely room with a balcony and superb view over the city and the beautiful l'hopital St Paul. A lovely relaxed, clean and friendly hotel to stay in. We would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The bathtube was rusty and we had almost cold water in the morning hours. We saw some ants in the bathroom. Some drunken guests were disturbing us late night.

We liked the view from the balkony and the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

There is no room service. But still the hotel is value for money so i can ignore it!

Helpful Staff. English speaking Staff. Comfortable check-in and check-out experience. Sagrada Familia is just 5 mins walk. 3 Metro Stations(L5 and L4) are just 5 mins walk away. L5 takes you directly to Sagrada Familia, just one stop away. L4 takes you directly to La Ramblas. Super Market is nearby. Dominos is 10 mins walk. Awesome view from top floor rooms. Room Balconies are spacious and romantic! :) Breakfast is neat and good. Their Croissants, Breads are really tasty!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The staff were not friendly. I politely asked to have my room changed because my room was near the street and could hear traffic all night which kept me awake. They said sure tomorrow. The second room they gave was a tiny room next to the elevator that was even more difficult to sleep in. Every single person existing the elevator and rooms on the whole floor could be heard. I called the front desk to ask why I was given that room when the nose level was so much worse and they stated just switch back to the first room tomorrow nothing can be done. The room smelled like cigarettes. The floor was sticky compared to the Madrid and Mallorca hotels I stayed in. The hotel offered bus touristic tickets at a cheaper rate of $29 you pay the hotel $4 and $25 at the bus stop. I happened to look on the bus website for location information after purchasing it through the hotel only to see the price online is $27. Definitely a bad stay. Did not like this hotel or staff.

I like that it was near the Sagrada familia and had places nearby that were open til 12pm for food.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Personally I prefer carpet on the floor of my room. Showering in very small bathtub with curtain. Is pretty outdated but everything works fine.

Easy to get there, very nice price and friendly personnel.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Too less amenities such as coffee/tea maker, safe in the room, hand soap in the room To make use of a weight scale you have to pay 1 euro for every weight The distance to the closest metro station was appr 400 meters

The staff was friendly , the hotel was clean

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Lack of iron and iron desk for pressing shirts. It was a surprising inconvenience for me who was attending the international conference and, having my shirts squeezed in the luggage bag, needed it very much indeed. I had to find a way from this situation, but frankly speaking I do think that the hotel, taking its location opposite to the University venue, really needs this simple stuff to provide for its customers.

The location of the hotel was great! It's in the central area, right opposite to Casa Convalescencia, gorgeous late Medieval estate of the Autonomy University of Barcelona. We had an intnational conference there, so the accomodation was most convenient for the case. Besides, it's very close to the metro station "Guinardo" feom which ou can reach Placa de Catalunya and the city centre for 10 minutes without change of lines. And Sagrada Familia is just 15 minutes walk on foot with camera drom the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

last ramp-up of stair with baggages not easy, better to stay in rooms at lift-served floors.

Very good staff, private chargeable parking (quite impossible to park in the surrounding area) , good breakfast, price ok to be in Barcelona, beautiful view from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The room was too dark. do not expect to see how the weather is. I felt like I was in a storage room. I was traveling alone, so I maybe that's why I got the room which is very in the corner. By the chance, I saw how bed is. ooops. Do not make same mistake like me. Do not try to see the bed.

Location. It is close to Sagrada Familia and there is a quite big supermarket in 1 min distance. Free printing service. Staff were kind.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The breakfast could be improved for example with some more varieties of breads or cheese, some grapes, different joghurts, nuts etc; the croissants with cheese and bacon were a bit thrown together without love and the juice was quite diluted with water. I saw a gentlemen who looked over the breakfast and left again.

Very good location, nice room, nice staff, lovely hotel.

- poor and low quality breakfast :( - old covering on the floor in the room

* good localization, * beautiful view at the old hospital building, * close to Sagrada Familia (15 minutes walk), * close to the subway (good connection with city centre, pretty far from the airport) * calm neighbourhood, * clean room and bathroom, * supermarket nearby * nice and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Old, stained synthetic bed coverings Silverfish in bedding Stained crack in bathroom sink No soap No tea/coffee making Stale tobacco smoke smell pervasive - i.e. no genuinely non-smoking rooms

Location Spacious room Large balcony with good outlook

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Nothing really

Only stayed for 1 night and was only in the hotel for a few hours so I really cannot say much but the girl at reception was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

We prefer the quilt to the blanket

The room is ok. There is a very big terrace with a good view. The location is very good, next to the hospital sant pau. 15 minutes ' walking to sangrada familia

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The breakfast could have had more variety & stayed open until 11 rather than 10

The apartment was stunning! Great view & a fantastic upgrade due to it being my boyfriends birthday! Loved it

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Staff is arrogant and unhelpful, rooms are dirty, all furniture is scratched...wifi was not working in our room. Little bit too far from the centre

Close to the Metro station, breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

a 10 min walk from the subway station, clean and airy rooms - on the 5th floor with a large balcony, they offered a nice selection for breakfast, many places to eat nearby

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Can't think of anything 😀

Staff was very helpful and friendly. I am a Trans person and I never felt "judged" by the staff. Location is good, neighborhood safe. Just a short walk to Metro stations. Room was small but clean and quite adequate.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

I booked the room on the basis that it was 'in the Gothic Quarter' as it was flagged up in my search as within this area. In no way was it even close. It was 7 stops including a change on the metro. I didn't feel it was close at all - but it was sort of close to Sagrada Familia and within walking distance to that (passing a number of cafes and restaurants) so not all bad. I also got a piercing nearby at Tattoo Alma, which was cool!

GREAT view from room - exactly as shown on Booking.com site. Really liked the view of the old Church (now a hospital). Really liked the balcony space - nice place for a beer.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Breakfast was expensive for what was on offer (our deal didn't include breakfast) but if you are not big breakfast eaters like ourselves the coffee and a pastry in the bar area was great and much better value. Meal choice at hotel was very limited.

Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Bar and "cafeteria" prices very reasonable. Walking distance of la Sagrada Familia and many reasonably priced restaurants. Good access to transport links.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

Limited food and fruit choices compared to other European hotels that serve breakfast.

Excellent service staff. Great coffee. Like the fact that breakfast is optional (separate charges per day).

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Room very very small, not cozy at all... The location is not as good anyways so better stay further for that price and get something nicer than that...

Location was A OK

I didn’t like the loud English girls next to us

Everything was really good!

Restaurant full of customers not housed in the hotel.

Room was big inaf but very modestly arange. Floor had no carpet on it, very, very cold cold ... We expected more for that price.

La Tv no funcionaba

La terraza

uncertainties in responces of the hotel staff, small size of a room

I upgraded the next day and met my expectations of a higher class suite.

I loved our room. The balcony was spacious and the view was amazing

Spacious room with big terrace and great views

€18 per day to park the car is steep but understandable

Perfect location, great staff, clean, balcony overlooking the city

Al good

Very proper. Everything was as advertized.

The single bed wasn’t so comfortable Location was a bit far from city No fridge in the room

Staffs were nice. The room was warm and cozy.

Clean and central

Our room faced the front street and there was a lot of traffic noise.

The room was spacious and the bathroom was nice. Very clean. Friendly staff.

No proper Ventilation

Staff they were very friendly

The restaurant wasn’t that great that was attached to the hotel. But other places around!!

Good value for money. I had a balcony which was a bonus.

Every aspect of our stay at this place was absolutely perfect.

Loud noises from the street...

Coffee...best of the best...

Breakfast is very good, room is clean, bed is comfortable, close to metro station.

Good location,nice breakfast and clean

No hot water!

Not much....

The large room and the bathroom was fabulous. The public transport and dinner options were also great.

was clean