Reviews of Toboso Apar - Turis 3 stars

Paseo Balcón de Europa, s/n, 29780 Nerja, Spain

#13 of 23 hotels in Nerja

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Incredible town and hotel right on the Balcone de Europa. Really nice.
    • Studio

Trash pickup in the middle of the night. The "bed" for our adult daughter was just a chair that had a pull out single mattress so she wasn't very comfortable.

The location is GREAT and the breakfast was GREAT. We went and looked at the indoor pool. It looked nice and the water was warm but, we didn't use it.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

The room we had was at the front of the hotel , from 4am it...
    • Studio

The room we had was at the front of the hotel , from 4am it was noisey with the refuse trucks collection , a few of the staff were quite rude apart from that it was v good hotel ☺

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

There is absolutely no need to have the music at such a high volume, unnecessary
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

I did not like the music being played on the balcony bar Coughlan’s, it was repetitive and WAY to load and would be impossible for anybody to sleep if they wanted to take a nap during the day

I liked the location and it suited the reason for my being their

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Disappointing.
    • Studio with Sea View

We had no idea we were booking what is an Irish Pub. We would never have made the booking if we had. The terrace was closed some days for weddings and some evenings we were disturbed by very loud live music. Not our scene at all. Very disappointing.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Nice hotel to be improved.
    • Studio

Central air conditioning which we couldn't switch off and it was very cold in the room, but they have very thin quilts in the wardrobe and we were cold. Breakfast is only for English people, no sweets, no vegetables only some tomatoes, no vegan. We've paid for the room when booking and it wasn't any information about a floor but when we've arrived a señora from the reception asked us if we'd like to pay extra 25 Euros to have a room with nicer view, we said no and we've got a room on the ground floor with swimming pool view and people sat near our window like in our room.

Good location, big room, big TV, a kitten corner.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent location but no way a 4 star hotel
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The guy on reception was very good but both women receptionists a bit sullen and nowhere near as helpful. Sea View Room should read 'room overlooks pool but you can see the sea through a 10m gap between buildings'. In no way a 4 star hotel either. Noise from the party in the hotels bar on first night wasn't great - lots of loud music until 4am, but it was only one night.

Great location right in the middle of the town, nearest beach 100 yards away lots of choice for eating out on your doorstep. Good breakfast area and choice. Good communication from the hotel before we arrived, really helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great choice of accommodation in Nerja
    • Studio with Sea View

We stayed in a lovely studio with a rooftop terrace. The apartments are in an excellent central location. Spotlessly clean, very helpful staff, we will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

A very comfortable stay at apartments situated in a superb location.
    • Studio

I don't think we had any dislikes at all.

The apartment was very central to the square, shops,restaurants.etc. Room was always presented clean & tidy by room service and breakfast in the mornings was always of top quality/standard both in content and location.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

A fabulous experience in Nerja
    • Studio with Sea View

The view from our apartment was stunning. Basically everything was as you described it Booking.Com. Location was superb, staff welcoming, an excellent facility that I would highly recommend to others.

The location is second to none.

The one thing we didn’t like is the smell of drains in our room that came and went all holiday. One night the smell woke me up.

The location is second to none. With the main square, the Balcón de Europa and beaches just outside. Lots of great places to eat and drink. The rooms were really cool considering it was about 28 degrees on the balcony.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Reception staff in the complex work very hard they are very helpful and made our experience bearable
    • Studio

Cochrans staff were extremely extremely rude and in hotel staff in restaurant we're appaling they were rude grumpy and almost hated the fact u asked for anything when u did they forgot your order made us uncomfortable. Room was okay but the street noise made it impossible to sleep as well as church bells ringing every five minute (which can't be helped) noise from street made it impossible to sleep and we ended up sleeping during the day longer than expected very drained after honeymoon wouldn't ever stay here again

The reception staff were fantastic and very helpful

Very noisy location, requiring renovation, basic aparthotel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Location is certainly central but its so noisy until the early hours. Property requires updating and does not justify the cost

The aparthotel idea is good but overpriced and needs updating

The size of the apartment and the location were very good,...
    • Studio

The bed and sofa were not comfortable. The breakfast was not nice. The shower head was useless.

The size of the apartment and the location were very good, the staff were great.

The location of this property with the amazing views ,...
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The swimming pool was very small and surrounding area not great ; ridiculous how people put floats into the pool and took up so much room this shouldn't be allowed ! The noise from the bar was quite loud especially when there was a function on late ! The breakfast was only ok for such an expensive place and staff weren't the friendliest. We seen much nicer places while there at half the cost so wouldn't stay here again.

The location of this property with the amazing views , definitely need sea view though and this is extra. The bar outside overlooking the sea !

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

In need of an update
    • Studio with Sea View

Extremely dated decor in need of repair i.e. holes and marks on the walls, hallways etc. You could feel all the springs in the mattress which could well have been as old as the hotel. The noise at night from the Irish pub kept us up a lot and the breakfast was so bad it was a joke. Hardly any options and very poorly cooked, dry eggs, baked beans and not a lot else. We paid a decent amount for breakfast but couldn't even bring ourselves to go down for it on our third day.

The location is the real winner of this place being so close to Balcon de Europa and beaches.

Excellent Resort and very enjoyable holiday!
    • Studio

Breakfast or the hot food could have been slightly better quality, but we had great selection, cereals, cold meats, cheeses, cold and hot drinks,

Excellent location, right in the center of Nerja, the lane that runs adjacent to hotel, pool, and restaurants brings you straight to the a very clean beech, we traveled with a group of 13, 5 children and 8 adults, all of us got great use of the pool and staff in the hotel were excellent, we had a wedding and ended up having a drinks party in our hotel terrace, which made it a very relaxing event and impressive, enjoyable holiday.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Pleasantly surprised
    • Studio

The towels were a little thin and the sofa bed wasn’t somewhere you’d want to spend many nights. I won’t complain about the noise as it is right on the Balcón, but 2.30am and being right on top of the bar next door was tricky when trying to sleep and then they start setting up early for breakfast so be warned, room No.3 is a bit noisy.

Great location for a few nights only. I was very impressed with the room (No.3) which was well equipped, clean and spacious. The inclusive breakfast was very good (what do people find to complain about?) Hot/cold foods, hot drinks and juices, fruit...I’ve had inclusive breakfasts which consisted of a banana before. Lovely little pool.

Great location, shops, restaurants, beach all within 2...
    • Studio with Sea View

Only downside is parking! Took 15 mins to park and then 5-10 minutes walk to hotel which was a bit tricky to find! But was worth it for the facilities and location

Great location, shops, restaurants, beach all within 2 minutes walk! Pool was good but got a little overcrowded! Staff where nice and room was great

Awful.
    • Studio with Sea View

I would rarely go as far and call a place awful and I hate to write bad reviews. But this property deserves it without a doubt. When you are booking a room 2000km away you have to trust what's written in booking.com and trust the pictures. At least that's what I thought. I bookes a studio with a seaview. The pictures presented the place as really nice, with a lot of daylight comming in from the big windows and the terrace. But I was about to find out that it's everything but nice. Firstly the receptionist was not very hospitable, seemed apathetic and I felt as if I was intruding with questions about parking and where the breakfast was served. In most places you get to know something about the town/city you are staying in - cool locations to visit, intesting places and some local tips. The second bad surprise was when I entered the room. ( please see the attached pictures ). It seemed like a dungeon. The ceiling was really low, it felt claustrophobic and dark. At some places the ceiling was 1.5m from the ground. Was this room meant for hobbits ? Also there was no bath in the bathrooms and I could clearly see a bath in all of the pictures when I booked. The pictures also showed me a bright room with high ceiling and not a prison-like half floor space. I thought that there might be a mistake. So I went to the receptionist and asked what was going on. Again the apathy kicked in and I was told that this is what I have paid for. I asked for another room and then it was made clear to me, that if I want another room I would have to pay for it, but even if I do, they are fully booked and it won't be possible. At this point I contacted booking.com for a solution. None such was provided. The following day they moved us to a nicer room, that actually looked like the pictures on booking.com . I was not given an explanation or apology . Booking.com offered me 25 Euros as a compensation for having to sleep in a dungeon-like room in sunny Spain.

The location is great and that's about it.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Adequate but a great location
    • Studio

The bathroom in our room needed serious up-dating. The staff were hit and miss, however some were excellent. The waiting staff at the breakfast were downright rude to my husband. The breakfast was terrible. And it is difficult to get around the hotel .... you are going in and out of buildings to get to your location ... ie the pool, the breakfast area .... the bar.

The location was excellent .

• Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The double bed for kids made creaking noise every time some one moved. Kids couldn’t sleep well. Breakfast is OK Property is Ok for the price. I paid for sea view and was given level 1 back side with sea visible only from one window.

Disappointing stay in what is probably a great place
    • Studio with Sea View

Unfortunately our stay was ruined by a large group who took over the hotel and pool area. They were intimidating and we could not use the pool until our last day. There were two nights were the noise and shouting were so bad we did not get any sleep. Unfortunately the staff did little to help telling us to contact booking.com and telling us they were also intimidated. I feel the hotel had a duty to make us their guests feel safe and they failed. There were too many incidents to list here! We received a generic 10% discount of our bill (along with the other disgruntled guests) and a free meal in the restaurant (which in truth was some tapas which they limited). Our last day was lovely and would have loved my whole week to be like that. It's hard when you save for one week abroad with your family and it's ruined by a large group of obnoxious people.

Great location, room with sea view georgous. Good breakfast and terrace bar/restaurant good value and lovely area

We had a very pleasant stay we have been to Nerja several times and this was the best
    • Studio with Sea View

Wasnt anything we didnt like

Very comfortable room with balcony iverlooking pool and sea. Large terace for breakfast lunch And evening drinks fabulous views over the beach. We loved location which you pay premium price for but few yards from all the action! Bonus of very large TV so could watch world cup

A great beach/pool/town location. Full of families by day and partying at the bar by night
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The rooms had plug-in air fresheners which we promptly removed to get rid of the sickly sweet strawberry candy smell in the room.

The rooms are spacious and bright, the terrace restaurant is the best ocean view in town, and the staff are great.

Needs shaping up
    • Studio with Sea View

The "attico" apartment in whuch se stayed was pooky finished, rather bare. The so-called "Spa" gym and indoor pool- rather disappointing in size and installations.

Beautiful views. Lovely staff

Gorgeous sea views ! Luxurious place to stay in Nerja
    • Studio with Sea View

The pool is small, so not for proper swimming (as my family prefers). But if all you need is sunbathing, then the pool is sufficient

My windows opened up to the most beautiful views over the beaches and bars. Absolutely stunning 😍 Unbeatable sights and such a spacious deluxe apartment! 100% excited to come back with my family

One of best places to stay in Nerja.
    • Studio

Could be a bit noisy at night sometimes

Location very good for shops and restaurants. Receptionist,Virginia extremely helpful and changed our room t an apart ment as I had strained muscle in my leg the previous week and in a wheelchair.Other staff were friendly as well.

Will surely come back 👌🏻
    • Studio with Sea View

Breakfast. Not many healthy options. Breakfast in unnatractive area. Good service though.

Great helpful staff. Spotless rooms. Exceptional views. Perfect terrace. Perfect location.

Location is excellent, reception staff were lovely and very...
    • Studio with Sea View

Pool was really cold , Staff in breakfast and food areas were not great and not very friendly ,

Location is excellent, reception staff were lovely and very helpful, cleaning staff very nice and friendly

Great hotel, Brilliant location
    • Studio with Sea View

We had the best room. Really quirky layout and the most amazing view of the sea and pool from the top floor. Really well equipped room and hotel right in the town. Breakfast was good.

Very pleasant but not for hen or stag parties.
    • Studio

Cost of taxi to airport.

Our stay at Toboso was a great experience and I would recommend the place for location and facilities. Breakfast was good and a good time slot8.30-10.30. Beaches quite handy however sand not the purest but what the hell. Check on and our seamless and staff especially Virginia very helpful and pleasant nothing was a bother. Pool was good but could be bigger and restaurants well you're spoilt for choice. We liked the roof top bars and restaurants. Home now and already want back. Aidan

The staff were all so friendly, from start to finish,...
    • Studio

Beds just slightly uncomfortable, but only a very minor issue

The staff were all so friendly, from start to finish, couldnt fault anyone. The hotel is in an amazing location. And is spotlessly clean. Coughrans terrace is also 1 of the nicest places Ive ever sat and had a beer

I really enjoyed my stay here, I found the staff very...

Service in restaurant

I really enjoyed my stay here, I found the staff very accommodating and friendly. This is my second time staying here and would definitely return

Our suite had everything. Fridge cooker microwave not that we needed them , as we ate out every nigh
    • Studio

We would like to have air conditioning. It was so warm in room.

The view from our balcony was amazing,uninterrupted sea view. The breakfast had everything one would like. Hot food, cheese , cooked meats, cereal, fruit and yogurt and more. The view from the breakfastroom over looked the beach.

Great location and the second room we were given had beautiful views of the sea.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

We were given a room NO 1 which was directly at the back of the reception room. We didn't get a wink of sleep on the first night with the amount of talking throughout the night. We asked to be moved and we were, at a cost of 25.00 per night. Breakfast area not great but edible. As the water was quite cold we decided to use the indoor pool at a cost of €6.00 each it was such a let down, it was so small dingy and not very clean. On the website it looks amazing but don't be fooled.

Great location, great outdoor area for drinks and food.

Check the sofa-bed if you plan on using it
    • Studio

Sofa bed was broken but as we only found out after showering we couldn't switch room. Rooms over the square are noisy and have floodlights outside the windows that are on all night.

Location was great, breakfast was fine.

We had a relaxing stay in the Toboso apartments.Although they weren’t what I expected
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

I was disappointed with the view, which was a side sea view overlooking the pool. From the pictures shown on the site I thought we were to have a front facing apartment. The apartment is dated. The hairdryer was hopeless and I felt the apartment was expensive probably due to the central location. I think the reception area would be more welcoming if the receptionists faced the door. They were always in a little back room working on a computer, therefore you had to attract their attention to let them know you were there.

Location is excellent, in the heart of Nerja. Property was cleaned thoroughly everyday. Staff were friendly and helpful. Apartment was spacious and quiet. Breakfast was adequate. I didn’t like the white coffee.

Reception staff on the whole friendly, Why not invest in a pool cover ?
    • Studio

As above. We left our luggage in a locked room on the last day but when we came back to collect the room was unlocked. We had over £2000 worth of electronic equipment in our cases !!

The room was very badly laid out, only one bedside table and lamp for a double bed. Old built in wardrobe needs ripping out in order to reconfigure room. Cutlery was old and not very clean, nothing to wash up with, no washing up liquid, only 1 wine glass, basically it needs a woman's touch. TV huge = boggle eyes watching it. Antique kettle gets dangerously hot. Super location and with a little more attention to detail in rooms could be a lot better Towels old and worn and bathroom needs updating.

Nice hotel in good location but the gym isn’t a gym
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The reception staff seemed overworked and too busy to help at times. The gym and indoor pool are not worth paying for. The outside pool was freezing and the balconies are not very private.

The location is good abd the staff are friendly in the bar - rooms nice and breakfast good.

Nice enough Hotel but spoilt by noise issues, don't book a room overlooking the Balcon
    • Studio

Noise every morning from 3 am with the rubbish being collected and the square being cleaned. A great bar / Terrace but always closing around 7 pm just when you want a pre dinner drink! (And the Hotel was pretty full)

Good breakfast, friendly staff

Location is outstanding!
    • Studio

They weren't ready at the check in time of 2pm.

Location is outstanding! Breakfast was really good. Pool was quiet and tucked away. View from pub/ restaurant was fabulous!

Great location, rooms do with a little work
    • Studio

Rooms could do with refurbishment, pool chairs were very worn.

Fantastic location and nice breakfast every morning, buffet style but plenty to choose from. Pool area and outside bar lovely.

Excellent location ,will stay again!
    • Studio

It would have been nice to be able to have a cup of tea when we arrived late in the evening. All shops were closed and the girl on reception said she couldn't get a drop of milk from the kitchen. I don't know why but this tiny request would have made our stay 100%.

Location is excellent ,right on balcon square., near all shops and beach. next to church, Pool area is relaxing. restaurant is lovely.

Fantastic position, scenery amazing and overall great value...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Bathroom clean but very small and small double bed. Decor is a luttle in the tired side but everything very clean

Fantastic position, scenery amazing and overall great value for money. Large generous living room.

Enjoyable short stay.
    • Studio

There was nothing we found fault with apart from the comment re breakfast.

Location of the property was excellent, sea views and also from another part views of the square and quaint church in the centre and just off the ' Balcon ' . Well appointed and comfortable apartments and the breakfast was substantial albeit some of the hot breakfast items only warm. Although no on site parking there was parking available nearby either on street or in a public parking area at a reasonable cost.

Great situation and very comfortable accomodation
    • Studio

Lack of hot water the second morning.

Very central and great situation. Quiet and peaceful. Good breakfast though unfortunately the food was not kept hot enough.

Neat modern studio on the seafront in the centre of Nerja.
    • Studio

Neat modern studio on the seafront in the centre of Nerja. Great location! Included breakfast was a bonus and taken in the terrace restaurant on the sea front.

nice hotel in very good location. Good sea views being right on the front.

nothing really

Nice room with lovely balcony and sea view. The room had full kitchen facilities which we hadn't expected but were really useful. Eat in for a change! The hotel location was excellent with a nice looking pool (though weather was rubbish when we went so didn't make full use of the facilities. Breakfast was pretty good with self service buffet

End of February stay in quality accomodation.
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

The fridge was not as clean inside as I would have liked, but I soon wiped the shelves down, OK.

Our appartment was nicely furnished with a handy kitchette - with fridge, small sink, oven/grill, 2 ring cooker and electric kettle. Lovely light and airy rooms with a balcony. We were comfortable in the lounge/diner, really comfortable sofa. The balcony had 2 wicker style comfy chairs and a similar table. Our balcony had views south and westward across the bay. A handy location for all sorts of restaurants, cafes, bars and as a base if for exporing further afield.

Good value for money. Good breakfast with great view. Bed rather small for a couple.
    • Studio with Sea View

The bed although 'matrimonial' meaning for a couple it was only 140, so rather small for two persons. At breakfast, coffee served could have been better and I missed fresh natural fruit juice.

Bathroom is very big, well equipped and shower is great. Breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits, tomatoes, eggs served in several ways with an incredible seaview.

Excellent, we’ll be back!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Breakfast could be improved with some fresh fruit and fresh pastries

The location is amazing, right off the main square of Balcón de Europe. The terrace is fantastic with the view, you could sit there all day enjoying a drink from the terrace bar. Staff were so friendly and helpful

Would stay again; would recommend for families, couples.
    • Studio with Sea View

Bathroom layout a little awkward. Tiled bedroom floors and bathroom conduits transfer noise from rooms above. Terrace bar service slow when busy.

Very central but quiet enough location. Great sea view from public terrace. Good indoor/outdoor breakfast buffet in pleasant setting with attentive staff. Front desk welcoming and eager to assist - helped solve dental emergency.

Convenient location at reasonable price.
    • Studio

General décor a little drab. Room furnishings shabby in places but clean. Terrible smell of drains in bathroom, particularly overnight (room 210). Car parking expensive at 45.00 euros for two nights.

Apartments in an excellent location, two minutes walk from Balcon de Europa, bars, restaurants and shops. Beach nearby. Good sized, clean room overlooking the pool and the sea front. South facing balcony a sun trap. Comfortable beds, kitchenette well equipped. Lashings of hot water. Inclusive breakfast better than expected with reasonable choice of hot and cold food. Overall, good value for money in a very popular tourist area. Underground car park a few minutes walk away (expensive).

Too terrible!!!
    • Studio with Sea View

1, I could not use the hot water or warm water from the check-in time to the alomost check-out time!! It was cold winter( The receptionist said the problem will be fixed in a couple of hours but I could use it in next morning around 9am which was almost checkout time. They didn't make it up for it and just said "sorry"). Why did they accept a guest when they cleaned up the water tank??!! So terrible service!!!

The breakfast was good. But there comes dirty smell from the drain in the bathroom.

Would definitley stay again but next time would complain about the breakfast
    • Studio

The breakfast was not very hot, cold scrambled egg is not very pleasant! Also the location of the toaster made it very difficult for the amount of people using it.

Location was excellent and the view was very special. The room was spacious and well equipped.

Really good.
    • Studio

It was fairly outdated. Could do with being modernised. Also the bathroom was tiny and if. You're tall, you will struggle sitting on the loo

Amazing location, great breakfast and restaurant location. Super clean!

Our stay must rank along with the best holidays / vacations we have had .
    • Studio

There were no croisants !! but everything else that you could wish for . There is nothing to dislike about this hotel . The rooms were well equipped including the kitchen wear and bedding etc. As mentioned NO COMPLAINTS .

The location is second to none , the staff are friendly and helpful and the price was very reasonable .Cochran's terrace is worth every penny - certainly the best in Nerja . The bar prices were less than some establishments as were the snack and other food prices .

Nerja is beautiful, what more can I say!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Room quite comfortable but needs updating, especially the bathroom.

Breakfast excellent. Beautiful view of the Church. Close to everything. Staff very friendly and helpful.

We had a lovely stay and we would probably stay there again if we don't find something more modern.
    • Studio with Sea View

Shower head needs to be changed, it's a little run down and the blankets could be updated.

It's situated in the heart of the town. The view was incredible and the terrace was amazing!

Disappointing.
    • Studio

The rooms have not been upgraded for many years & the whole effect is very tired. Sound proofing is wholly inadequate - lots of noise from within the building and from outside (our room was very affected as it overlooked the main square & the noise went on all night). I can think of little to recommend this place.

Not very much really - breakfast was average. lovely view from rear hotel terrace of the sea.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Centralt beläget hotell med trevlig personal.
    • Studio

It was rather cold in the restaurant where we ate breakfastas as the doors were held open.

The seaview from room and the restaurant and of course the staff.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Very enjoyable stay in Nerja.
    • Studio

Because our room overlooked the square, there was noise from bin collections very early hours in the morning. It was nice to view the square with the celebrations of switching the Christmas lights on.

Superb location, right on the Balcon square. really nice terrace and bar area overlooking the sea to the rear of the property.

Perfect location next to the sea, although hotel is somewhat worn out
    • Studio

Room is a bit old. Facilities for drying and ventilating clothes are missing. Not ideal for hikers and bikers. Indoors pool was cold, not warm.

Great location, next to the sea and the restaurants.

Could improve.
    • Studio

The beds could really do with throwing out and replacing with a decent mattress. It was like sleeping on hard board. Also no heating and got quiet cold in the evenings especially out of the summer months. Sunbeds all had something broke on them so it was a scramble who got a good one.

Nice little stay in a superb location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Swimming pool was a bit chilly

Had everything needed to a good standard. Staff were friendly & helpful. Good breakfast selection for the cost. Superb location.

Central and comfortable
    • Studio

The free parking was very limited so we put the car in the car park ( very close 2 mins ) but that was expensive, 45 Euro for 2 days!

The location was great, right on the main square but there was no noise which was brilliant! 1 min walk to all the main areas for eating and shopping. The bar overlooking the sea was lovely. The breakfast was a surprise bonus as it was pretty good, lots of choice. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. lots of nice beaches and things to do in the area. Both receptionists spoke perfect English.

Excellent location, quiet and great view
    • Studio

Breakfast - bacon / sausages not cooked enough but excellent fresh bread Pool was a little cool

Location. Attended a wedding in the church on the square and the hotel around the corner. The beach was between the hotel and the pool was a nice size.

Reception staff were welcoming and helpful.
    • Studio

Room wasn't cleaned well. One of the staff dealing with breakfast was unhelpful.

Reception staff were welcoming and helpful. Hotel is in a prime location.

The staff were really helpful ( receptionist) and we enjoyed...
    • Studio

Cleaning staff rarely came to our room, we had to ask them to come over and change the towels / bed sheet at least. Also the bed was not so comfortable.

The staff were really helpful ( receptionist) and we enjoyed a nice view from the Hotel to the sea.

Lovely town, hotel central, good views, fair price for everything, friendly locals/hotel staff.
    • Studio with Sea View

Hotel needs upgrading/decoration. A sun parasol would not be supplied for our balcony because of wind safety concerns. Had to set our own table for breakfast.

Hotel room although an attic conversion had a large balcony with personal sun loungers, table and chairs plus a magnificent view. Mixture of old & new in locality. Closeness to beach(es). Beach sun loungers & rondavels very reasonably priced for hire when on the beach(es) but book ahead. Good choice of restaurants and entertainment in the town. The hotel had a very large open air bar area overlooking the beach cove.

If you are staying one night,,,you must be able to get into your room early ,,,not waiting till 5 o'
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

The time we were given to cheque into the hotel was just not kept to,,,,we were told 14.00, it was almost 17.00 before we got into our room, it really did cut into our day !

The Toboso catered for all our needs for a very relaxing holiday
    • One-Bedroom Apartment ( 4 Guest )

Only think that affected us at all was Cochranes terrace bar being closed on two days due to weddings.

We loved everything about the Toboso! Only downside would be Cochrane terrace being closed off to residents on Saturday and Sunday due to weddings being held and wedding guests being a little noisy. Fortunately there were plenty of others bars and restaurants within seconds of a walk! Staff and especially the lady who checked us in (unfortunately we didn't get her name) we fantastic friendly and helpful! We were even provided with a packed breakfast to take with us as we had an early checkout!

Mediocre...Nerja is lovely though!
    • Apartment with Sea View (4 Guest)

We had to change rooms after one night because the first offering was damp and had black mould growing in the bathroom and on the walls. The bed was damp and the sheets were damp. We were not offered a refund for this night. The room facilities were inadequate for self-catering and it was not possible to prepare meals. There was no car parking. There was a surplus charge for an infant cot meaning we had to bring our own - not great as most hotels the world over provide this for free. In the end I was glad of our cot as the sheets in the apartment were damp. The surplus charge they wanted would have covered the expense of a brand new travel cot! The breakfast was mediocre and we were shepherded out of the area at 10:30 every morning, we're not able to finish our coffees or bring them up to the room.

The location is the key selling point of this property.

Excellent hotel can't praise it enough
    • Studio with Sea View

Not a criticism at all because it was partly our fault, we went down for breakfast the first morning at 10'oclock breakfast finishes at 10.30 and we found that there wasn't much left to eat. The next morning we were earlier, the breakfast was lovely, and a good choice of everything.

Travelled for a girlie weekend, The location is perfect, the bar overlooking the sea is absolutely stunning. The hotel / room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

A very good stay.
    • Studio with Sea View

Hotel needs some(TLC) Tender loving care. Small maintenance items ie missing curtain ties in hallways, bath and sink plugs not on chains, broken door catches etc. Also the pool area could use some more sun loungers.

Location, size of room and room facilities.

Showing 1 – 75