Reviews of AinB Gothic-Jaume I Apartments

Calle Jaume 1, 13, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#990 of 1,300 vacation rentals in Barcelona

Based on 42 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great location, charming room. For people that want to stay in the heart of everything.
    • Standard Studio (2 Adults)

It get's a little noisy at night even with the double glazed windows but nothing too bad - normal levels for staying in such a central location I would think. And would have found some filter coffee for the machine + shampoo/conditioner handy for our stay.

The room is super charming - lovely wooden fold out windows and we had three balconies! Strange excavation on the lobby ground floor but interesting. Great location and next to a metro.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

A total disaster.
    • Basic Apartment

A total disaster.Nothing is the same with pictures.Damp and Rough. I was cheated by pictures and it almost ruins my experience in Barcelona. Disappointed and Angry.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

disappointing overall with the apartment
    • Basic Apartment

it was not easily accessible as access was via a hairdressers and when the shop was closed access was difficult. The stairs to the apartment were challenging, and the bathroom door in the apartment did not close. When checking out early, reception was not open and we were advised to leave our key in the apartment, however if we had done that we would have been trapped as you needed a key to unlock the iron gates as the shop was closed. Not great advice from the staff about checkout, as if we had done as they had said we would have been locked in the entrance way to the shop with no way of getting out.

staff were nice

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

4.5
    Nightmare
    • Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Sold a double room only to get two singles, the hallway going to the apartment is so narrow that when the lift door opens, and of course it opens outward like a door you cannot get your bags off the elevator. Hard to explain unless you see the stupid design with zero thought, hallway a wide as a suitcase. Next had just arrived from Rome and needed a shower as we had a meeting only to find it blocked and before I knew it the bathroom was flooded. Then no ironing board then we came back the drain was fixed yet all the towels were still on the floor soaking wet. Went down to ask for more and the attitude of the staff was shocking. Stay at your own peril, one of the worst booking.com experiences ever.

nothing, the place was a disaster

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Well organized for an apt.
    • Basic Apartment

Well organized for an apt. Near to the beach and center.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

We loved everything 😀

We loved everything 😀

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Very good. Nice roomy apartment. Location excellent

Location and spacious accommodation

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Great location - take ear plugs

Noise on an evening until 3.40am - poor sleep throughout the stay

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

very good!

Very good apartments. I recommend it! Nothing to comment

• Reviewed: May 11, 2016

Location - right in the middle of gothic quarter.

Bed not great and we did request two singles but got a double. Also noisy over the weekend

Location - right in the middle of gothic quarter. Great bar across the street with live flamenco jams

• Reviewed: May 10, 2016

The place is renovated in a a bad quality, therefore doors ...

The place is renovated in a a bad quality, therefore doors , windows do not close properly. The bed is of lowest quality and stand. The place to move in is so small, that a normal size luggage hardly to move in. The personal was inappropriate to help in time due to alcoholic influence. The /night price for such a place is too much.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2016

Juliana the receptionist was very helpful and followed up...

A personal thing for me was the bed was hard, took a little adjusting to get comfortable.

Juliana the receptionist was very helpful and followed up with any requests. the apartment was in a fantastic location and would definitely recommend the pan patisserie's for morning croissants. so Loved the shower area with the'rain' shower

• Reviewed: April 17, 2016

The only good thing about this apartment was the location.

The apartment was absolutely filthy and in need of a serious deep clean and refurbishment. All the walls were chipped and grubby. The bistro style table that I ate breakfast at had a thick layer of grime all around the rim, as well as other people's hair stuck to it, it made me feel sick eating at it. There was other people hair in the bathroom including pubic hairs in the shower. The air conditioning broke on my first night, it wouldn't switch off so the room was left freezing, the receptionist offered me another room but it was worse than the one I was in, I ended up staying in the original room but with the master power switched off. The next day I returned and was assured it had been fixed, on switching on the master power the aircon started immediately, the remote control was sitting where I'd left it in the morning - nobody had been to fix it. Their solution was to offer another room, this time I took it, having to pack and unpack again and move my things up 2 floors was a massive inconvenience, furthermore I was offered no help by the receptionist to do this. On expressing my disappointment he said sorry and made some mention of providing me with a complimentary breakfast - that never materialised nor did any other form of apology. The bed was also extremely hard, now I like a firm bed but this was a joke, I couldn't sleep at all and was tossing and turning all night. My stay was so blighted by the poor quality of this apartment that I cut short my trip and flew home a day early.

The only good thing about this apartment was the location. It was excellent for getting around Barcelona by foot, lots of nice tapas bars nearby. However there are much better and cleaner apartments on offer in the same location so I wouldn't chose this apartment just because of the location.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2016

The staff is very nice and the location is close if you like...

The space was not very clean. If you like shampoo or some basic soap so you can shower you have to get it yourself. The pictures that are shown on booking are not the same with the space you get , it's so much smaller . Our biggest dissapointment was that we could not sleep it's too loud and the windows are old so you can hear everything from outside. We were there 5 days and the cleaning lady did not come even once. The place is not worth for the money at all .

The staff is very nice and the location is close if you like to go into shopping.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2016

Place of the apartment is really very good - near a metro...

The room was very small - approx. 15-20 sq.m. including "kitchen", toilet and shower. It was on the four floor without elevator. Stairs are very narrow. The room was very noisy, since doors of balcony did not close correctly. Plus you can hear everything what happen in a room on a fifth floor. More over, you will not feel yourself alone due to sounds coming through ventilation system.

Place of the apartment is really very good - near a metro station and near a lot of points of interest

• Reviewed: August 22, 2015

Location was amazing, so close to metro with shops and...

Location was amazing, so close to metro with shops and restaurants all within a minutes walk from the door step. La Rambla short walk away too. Staff were really lovely and the actual apartment itself was great too.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2015

Location is just perfect.

It was very cold when we just went into the room and we couldn't turn on the air-conditioner on heat for like an hour. There is also a window without glass in the bathroom only with wooden shutters, so it was extremely cold to go there.

Location is just perfect. Apartments are just around the corner from the main office, the metro station Jaume I is 2 minutes walk and you live right in the Gothic square! We had a triple room on the 2nd floor(though I booked double). There was a long and quite wide balcony around the whole apartments, though other rooms, as far as we could see, had only one small usual balcony. The view from the balcony was just amazing. The kitchen corner is small, but it has everything you need. The staff was very friendly. Receptionist explained us everything we needed. It's a wonderful deal if you really want to feel like a true Barcelona citizen living right in the Gothic square.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2016

Super convinence.

Super convinence. Just a min walk from

• Reviewed: March 22, 2016

Location was exelentt!

We would like More room cleaning during the week.

Location was exelentt!!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2016

Very bed reseption personal

Vefy bed small apartment and staff reseption

Very bed reseption personal

• Reviewed: January 15, 2016

Location was superb!

If you are a light sleeper, search for another place as it gets a bit noizy outside during the night.

Location was superb!

• Reviewed: December 11, 2015

Good location.

Small elevador (old house renewed).

Good location. Nice room, well equiped. Subway very close.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2015

The location, Cleanlines, helpful friendly staff

It may need heating as the winter draws in.

The location, Cleanlines, helpful friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 17, 2015

Extremely noisy, directly out to a loud street, plugs...

Extremely noisy, directly out to a loud street, plugs missing, open electric cables hanging around, partially dangerous.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2015

The price; The structure; The facilities; The building; The cleaness

• Reviewed: October 4, 2015

Noise

• Reviewed: September 18, 2015

Clean, comfortable and superbly located.

Clean, comfortable and superbly located. We really enjoyed our stay ;) Great shower and WiFi !!

• Reviewed: June 11, 2015

Comfy bed.

Not bad.

Comfy bed. Location good for access to Metro & city.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2015

• Reviewed: May 5, 2015

Stairwell is extremely narrow and low.

Stairwell is extremely narrow and low.

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse AinB Gothic-Jaume I Apartments Traveler Photo Gallery