Reviews of Som Llevant Suites 4 stars

Avenida Magnolia s/n, 07559 Cala Bona, Spain

#8 of 9 hotels in Cala Bona

Holiday review
    • Suite

When we arrived we were told the hotel had been overbooked due to an issue with there systems. This resulted in having to go to another hotel for 1 night. It was not only my partner and me there were others in the same situation. I felt disappointed I was not informed of this prior to arriving, we were with other family members and thus was an inconvenience having to go to another hotel which was 10 Minutes away. It wasted time from our holiday having to check in to a different hotel and then the next day packing up again. The manager from the hotel advised this double booking was only discovered when we were on our way to Majorca which I find hard to believe!

The hotel is very clean with friendly staff. Really good pool area with plenty sun loungers.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice stay in Cala Bona

Poor internet connection.

Clean, the appartament was spacious, the restaurants and stores very close by. In front of the hotel bus and mini train stop. Free parking in front of the hotel.

Loved it here will return
    • Suite

Fabulous modern hotel, lovely rooms with a comfortable bed and separate room with sofa bed. Great location with plenty of shops and restaurants near by

I didn't like the hotel very much so I went out most of the day and each evening.
    • Suite

I didn't like being made to pay for my stay even before I got my room key. The hotel already had my credit card details from the booking and this up front payment made me feel I wasn't to be trusted. The hotel was not what I expected. I thought the Levante near the promenade must have been upgraded as the pool photo with the sea behind is very similar to the Som Levante Suites photo. Talking to other British guests they had also thought that and had first gone to the other Levante hotel to check in only to be redirected. This hotel is a few minutes walk up the hill and from what I understand is nothing to do with the other 2 Levante hotels. The Som Levante Suites is, in my opinion, very much a budget tourist hotel. The breakfast area was large and self-service. The choice and quality of food was poor. There was a queue for eggs both mornings I was there and when they came they were swimming in oil and cold. None of the hot food was hot.

The pool was reasonable size and there were plenty of sunbeds. The 'suite' was nice with a sunny terrace although I didn't have much use for the small, dark sitting room at the rear. The whole place is fairly new looking. Good street parking plus a car park nearby. 5-10 minutes walk to the promenade and port area with plenty of shops, bars, and restaurants.

We loved the location as it’s a very short walk to the beach...
    • Suite

The pool area is a little distressed and could benefit from a little tlc

We loved the location as it’s a very short walk to the beach and restaurants

room very comfy and plenty of clean towels
    • Suite

evening meal not very apperticing pool quite difficult to get in not enough steps also had problems with their sewage pipes hope they've sorted it know

room very comfy and plenty of clean towels

Nice rooms, great location, friendly staff, nice pool...terrible food 6 out of 10!
    • Suite (3 Adults + 1 Child)

I feel that the 4 star rating for this hotel is overstating the actual quality of it, It is very obvious that this hotel has been given a "budget makeover", poor paint work and not very well laid laminate flooring in the rooms, our floor was noisy to wall on in places which was quite annoying, especially when popping to the loo in the night and not wanting to wake people up! However the most disappointing thing that somewhat spoiled our week was the evening meal food which can only be described as "tragic" at best! I have been to Majorca at least 10 times and usually choose half board for our stay, and I can honestly say this is the worst half board experience we have had there. Food on offer was the same every night and not at all appetizing so we actually ate out every night which added approximately £500 to the cost of our holiday and that is what has really annoyed me. Having spoken to several people, this seems to be a running theme with a lot of guests, I believe they have had several complaints but nothing has been done to improve the situation. An example of the quality of this hotel is that If you want toast in the morning you will need to queue for one of the three small toasters available, which may or may not work as they are all plugged in to a treble extension socket which overheats! I would recommend this hotel for a room only or bed and breakfast stay, but nothing more until this is resolved! I feel that I have been mislead with this hotel's four star rating!

The rooms are nice and large with extremely comfortable beds in both of the bedrooms. We had a 2 bedroom family suite and it was more than adequate for the week we stayed, the beds were kingsize which were so comfortable, we slept extremely well. Pool area is good size and no fight for sun beds! Location is great as you are right by Cala Bona Marina and beach and Cala Millor is only a 10 minute walk. Lots of great restaurants and bars near by and If you like snorkelling you'll find some great places to do it here.

staff couldnt do more for you beds and bed linen brilliant...
    • Suite

would have loved a kettle and cups in room

staff couldnt do more for you beds and bed linen brilliant spacious room with separate lounge with leather sofa beautiful bathroom sea view from balcony and very central

A great, value short break in Majorca
    • Suite

Good value for money for bed and breakfast. Good selection of hot and cold food options from cereal and fruit to eggs, bacon, sausage and all cooked breakfast options. Bed was comfortable and room had air con. Very close to shops, beach and harbour

A really pleasant stay and we'd return.
    • Suite

Didn't get much sun which would be a bonus in the summer but made it a bit chilly in spring. The indoor pool was not very clean and had a broken flickering light which didn't make for a relaxing swim.

Amazingly comfortable bed! Staff were really friendly, breakfast was nice and varied with great coffee options and lots of alternative choices (i.e. rye bread and soy milk). Location was close to Cala Bona but still quiet.

A great place to stay.

There were ants in the room initially but housekeeping got rid of them without us saying anything.

It was clean and well maintained with good facilities. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

Good value, friendly staff, nice location
    • Suite

Breakfast could be improved, bacon was hard to eat and one day there was no baked beans but green vegetables.

Modern clean room, good location just off the main street.

Really enjoyed it!
    • Suite

The internet connection was slow and there was too much noise coming from other suites with children.

Staff was nice, the hotel is very nice as well, swimming pool, close to the beach, new and modern furniture, good food, etc.

Great location, we had a wonderfully relaxing time in a clean, quiet hotel with very friendly staff.
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

Breakfast was presented very well but was always tepid-cold, even when we got there for when breakfast opened. Loved the watermelon though which was always cut nicely to eat without the hassle of juice and pips everywhere.

Bed was ridiculously comfy and huge, sooo nice to have a proper double to enjoy the holiday with my husband.

Fantastic holiday staff made you fell at home nothing is any trouble the hotel is spotless.
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

Nothing everything was perfect.

The bed was king size and very comfy the hotel has changed hands since our last visit October 2016 they have made a fantastic job of renovation the suites . The staff were very helpful and polite at all times also made you feel very welcome. Cant wait till our next visit next year. The breakfast was fantastic .

Very Clean, close to beach, shops and restaurants and suitable for families
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

There needs to be more umbrellas by the swimming pool. It was fairly far from the airport therefore taxi was expensive. As we arrived early hours of the morning public transport was not runnning however on our return journey we took public bus which was only €12 each.

The breakfast had a good variety and the staff were friendly and willing to help. There were couple of little workshops (bartending and aioli tasting) they were really interesting. Only a minute walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. Very clean and bed was very large which was ideal as our daughter was sleeping inbetween us. The bus stop was right outside the hotel and stopped right outside the airport. It also was not overcrowded.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Very relaxing break , staff are fantastic. Great location. I would certainly stay again.
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

The external appearance of the property is in need of a repaint and flower beds untidy. But I assume this will be on the upgrade list as pool , rooms and hotel areas very nice and refurbished. No table on balcony and just 2 plastic chairs not what I'd expect for 4 star balcony.

Clean large rooms , pool has plenty of sun beds . Food nice and served by very pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Sadly, missed my sea view
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

I booked with Booking.com, I had it confirmed that I had a suite on the ground floor with mini bar - there was none, that was not a problem, the room was on the second floor not ground, but the most annoying thing was I had the confirmation I had a sea view, when I went into my room it overlooked the smimming pool, so I go to reception and showing them booking.com form saying I had a sea view, the receptionist was very pleasant but told me Madam, this hotel has no sea views So I shall not be booking with this company anymore.

It was very clean the restaurant was excellent on arrival I was given a snack and a glass of chilled white wine which was very welcome fater a one hour drive from the airport

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Fantastic apartments staff are so kind helpful was fourth visit
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel staff are very helpful and polite . The hotel is great value for money ideal situated to all amenities the indoor pool is fantastic the apartments , hotel is very clean. this was our forth visit bottle of champagne was sent to our room what a lovely surprise. we definite will return next year.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great location in Cala Bona
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Evening entertainment. One young Spanish guy doing mainly karaoke which was not good - better to go to one of the many nearby hotels who have nightly tribute acts.

Close to many bars and restaurants. Near to seafront and I deal for walking along the promenade and through the neighbouring resorts. We went self catering so that we could eat out every night.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nostalgic stay
    • Suite

It maybe because of the time of year of the stay in September but it was quiet. Entertainment was lacking.

Bed, shower, food and location

Suite great size, two big bedrooms

Suite great size, two big bedrooms

Very loud "live" music every day until 11pm.
    • Suite Splendit (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very loud "live" music every day until 11pm. It was mentioned in the hotel description, but we had missed it somehow.

Excellent rooms- large family with twin beds in separate ...

Excellent rooms- large family with twin beds in separate room and large double bed. Excellent facilities. Staff brill!!!!!

TOP! Huge Room.
    • Suite

TOP! Huge Room. Friendly Staff. Great Food! All perfect.

Good rooms, good pool area. Nice hotel with the exception of the food.
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Terrible food. Staff seem confused during the evening meal times. Forgot to to take orders for food and drink.

Good sized bedrooms. Good pool area.

Great Staff
    • Suite Splendit

Very poor air conditioning

Great Staff

Lovely short stay and would not hesitate to book this hotel again
    • Suite Splendit

Loved the modern clean rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was nice great location and peaceful

Great location, friendly and kind staff, clean room
    • Suite Splendit (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wi-fi speed is really slow!

Great location, friendly and kind staff, clean room

Great vacation in a lovely resort
    • Suite

no refill of water bottles

Very good location and very nice large rooms with balcony. Breakfast was very good. Nice pool and bar.

Great friendly staff, great location.
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

The memory foam mattress made us overheat & was uncomfortable for my back problem.

Great friendly staff, great location.

Would recommend a stay here as it met all my needs and came out on top
    • Suite

Very comfortable stay had all the facilities I needed

Location perfect for all the facilities beach restaurant harbour etc

Great service and facilities

Great service and facilities

Beds were comfy

Beds were comfy

Location good, style of rooms modern and comfortable.
    • Suite

Great styling to the rooms, modern feel. Staff very polite, location good.

Great location, excellent value
    • Suite

Location is excellent. 30 seconds walk to the beach. Huge double beds, very comfortable.

Last minute booking due to cancelled flight, couldn't have chosen better!
    • Suite

Could have done with a kettle & tea/coffee making facilities

Lovely modern clean room with comfy beds. Excellent choice of food at breakfast.

Great place to go
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

Tiny terrace. No coffee and yes facilities in the room.

Clean tidy. Very friendly. Helpful staff

Some Llevant Cala Bona
    • Suite with Terrace and Hot Tub

Great location and really friendly staff

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Friendly and professional service, many thanks thanks to...

Nothing could be improved, All Excellent

Friendly and professional service, many thanks thanks to Miguel

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

stayed here twice and will stay here again

noisy road

maria on reception extremely helpful and efficient

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Brilliant value for money

Very friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Good place and comfortable rooms view at the sea

Good location and bathroom Comfortable beds Very good to family holiday Good swimming pool Breakfast ok. Nice pleace near Calla Millor

Good place and comfortable rooms view at the sea

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

the location of the aparthotel was perfect.

The noise level in the apartment was high, especially on a night when people were coming in. the noise on the corridors was ridiculous it was like we had our windows open you could hear everything. The kitchenette was smaller than we expected, with limited utensils and no toaster, microwave or oven.

the location of the aparthotel was perfect.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

The location was excellent and the staff are very friendly...

No air conditioning in bedroom, which didn't help sleeping. Paid for wi fi to use in bedroom but a bit hit and miss, more miss than hit. No English channels on TV only BBC world news

The location was excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The apartment was roomy with a good balcony. Lovely pool area and everything kept clean.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

the hotel was a smaller complex, friendly staff, restaurant...

the gym could do with up to date equipment.

the hotel was a smaller complex, friendly staff, restaurant offered good choices and pool area relaxing. close to sea front. near shops, bars and cafes.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Excellent value for money

Supply of washing up liquid. Quilts on beds. No info offered on catering facilities or the spa

Excellent value for money Maria's bar adjacent

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Location was excellent every thing about this hotel was...

Location was excellent every thing about this hotel was first class . Would recommend this place to anyone great holiday

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

location staff.

food not up to standard. not all drinks available at the bar.

location staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Great location between Cala Bona and Cala Millor.

Toilet didn't flush too well.

Great location between Cala Bona and Cala Millor. Lovely interior. Clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

The receptionist was very friendly

The food was plain

The receptionist was very friendly

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.