Reviews of Globales Tamaimo Tropical 3 stars

La Hondura, s/n, 38683 Puerto de Santiago, Spain

#36 of 61 hotels in Puerto de Santiago

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The weather but we cant control that lol

Excellent hotel, great value for money, staff are first class and very attentive. I have been her twice now and already booked up for November 2018.

• Studio

It only had one thing that I noticed. It was weak pressure of water during the shower. Especially in the evening hours.

Very cozy, friendly and family place. Many activities during the day if you staying at the resort. The resort is situated near cliffs Los Gigantes which are magnificent. There is a beautiful walk by the ocean, and you can swim in natural pools. It was great and we will come again.

• Studio (1 Adult)

They made me pay for my room and then after they tell me the hotel is full so can’t stay there, very rude I wanted to pay in euros and he pressed pounds anyway knowing it will cost me more

• Studio

The hotel is family and children orientated and was really the wrong place for a single adult to stay. That is my fault. If I had been part of a family group I would have said that the hotel was ideal

• Studio

Ants in room, no window in bedroom, awful drinks choice for all inc,terrible entertainment and bloody awful repeditive meal choices.

TUI Rep very pleasant

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

I had a very bad expeirence with the hotel 2 reasons being, 1st reason on arrival I asked for all enclusive for the 14 days , I got told that they could do it for 810 eoro , I agreed and paid 810 euro in full , 2 hours later I got a call from reception informing me they made a mistake that xmas dinner was not included and they wanted a further 210 euro so i had to eat out on no occasion was I told that new years eve was not included , I tried to enter the resterant on new years eve but we were denied and told we would have to pay a extra 210 again this was not mention to me when i paid for all enclusive , the 2nd reason was that out of the 14 days we were there our room was without water for long periods for 10 days this was very upsetting , I kept requesting to speak to a manenger but was told that they would contact me , they never did , I always use booking.com for hoildays and will continue too but this hotel will never see me again , kind regards Teresa Joyce.

the sliced ham was lovely and the sugarpuffs at breakfest the staff in the resterant was lovely too

• Studio

Food was awful. First time I've done all inclusive and never again. Ate out most of the time. First room we were in was a main thoroughfare to the pool and was on ground floor, very noisy. Asked for a move and got a room that was better however noisy from air conditioning fans. Bedroom resembled a cave and just as cold. Staff member spent the days we sat beside the pool power washing sun beds which became quite annoying. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff

Was close to the coast. Staff were excellent and it was clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Studio

The only complaint I had was that there was reconstruction works going on and we were not made aware of this before our trip which resulted in us getting very little sleep

I love everything about this hotel I have been 4 times in the last 2 years, I plan to return in February for a week

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Initially we got wrong room. It took 2 days for reception to accept my complaints and to provide booked room. My booking was for 4 adults room, as described in description it has: 1 sofa, 1 bed 135-150 cm, 2 twin beds. However we have got a room with with 1 sofa and 2 twin beds only. Rooms I had was really shabby, with dirty and broken furniture, broken doors, windows making noise from wind. Breakfast in restaurant was only the minimum that one could expect as continental breakfast. Even that was prepared in low quality, bad taste. Some of us even got food poisoning. It was usual to have half of soft drinks and coffee machines not working. There is no chance to get a sun bed in the pool area if you come 11:00 am or later as everybody occupies them with towels even before breakfast starts. Children area was closed and I have never seen it open.

The only thing I liked about the hotel was it's location and it had basics needed for the stay (like 24/7 reception). Ok, it has a big pool too, that's nice. But the pool is really cold in January. They have some renovated rooms, hopefully those are good enough, but I didn't get such.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Basic accommodation. 3 out of 7 nights water for shower was cold. Only one free connection in the foyer per day. Pool areas very crowded.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Entertainment. WiFi very poor and not free except for 30 mins if available Room needed updating

Food plentiful and fresh. Close to beach. Big apartment

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Studio

Very noisy beds poor food poor Plstic cups for drinks having to get your own table and chairs out of a room to sit down at night poor animation not staffs fault

Location ok house staff nice but over worked

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

sunbeds were a nightmare to get every morning, if you didn't get up early for one, you didn't get one all day. there is not a nearby town to walk to, very little shops. not really any beaches in this area, mostly rocks. not allowed lilo,s or balls in the pools, only rings.

we had a room which had been refurbished, which had a lovely walk in big shower. double bed was comfy, single beds not. pools were lovely. but very packed, no room to move around the sunbeds. I upgraded to all inclusive when I arrived, food was good. for the money. fizzy drinks always seemed flat though. the queue for the bars around the pool were always big, and you could wait a good while to get served.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Studio

in resturante didn't really cater for kids as my niece was 2 years old and still got charged with not much for that age to choose from. Also a few cockroaches but expected in the climate however staff should of dealt with them correctly

Chef called Luiz from Cuba made an effort and very friendly made our holiday better food was very good, pool area beautiful and drinks good but need more staff especially on a night in peak times

• Studio

Not a big choice of food always the same staff not very helpful the maid waking us up at 8.15 then because we was asleep she never came back that day

• Studio

Accommodation, staff, construction work, pool closed, food, drinks, entertainment

The weather

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Ants in the apartment

Staff was amazing lovely apartment close to all that I needed clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Studio

Great place, would deffo visit again, food was amazing, all staff super friendly especially entertainers

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Kitchen utensils could be better Broadband connection only fair

The staff The Location Apartment 184

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Noisy nightclub delivery vans late at night by our room 275

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Studio

queuing for drinks.........bad saving sunbeds when told not too............bad

food very good

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

I love everything about it

I love the private balcony and the buffet is excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Studio

Staff all very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Poor kitchenware. Had to ask to for the fridge to be replaced as nobody had looked at it for weeks. Not defrosted. No tea pot or coffee pot (would've expected the latter being in Canaries). Hot water not available for first 2 full days as there was a major problem with the heater/pipe works.. Would not recommend. Killed several cochroaches on first day.

Staff were friendly and did everything they could regarding problems reported. After complaining about not water was offered meals instead of credit back on studio.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

We were without hot water for four days, each day we complained we were told it was going to be fixed. We ended our trip staying with friends on the last night so we could have a shower. I have lodged a complaint but as yet have heard nothing!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Despite putting our 'room ready to be cleaned' sign out daily, there were a couple of days when this wasn't done.

The location of the hotel was excellent for us.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

Unbelievably noisy, day and night to the point that we felt had to stay out of the complex all day and go out every evening - we don't mind a bit of noise but this was really excessive. Apartment shabby and basic. Cleaning a bit random.

Good location and spacious appartment

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Internet connection. Only 30 minutes free at reception and poor WiFi signal in your room. So that mean that even if you want to pay for internet still wont have it.

Good location to stay in Los Gigantes. We had a car so each day were travelling to different locations. Perfect views round the corner. Nice road to get to this town. Reception people was helpful, answered all question where to go, what to visit and etc.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Noisy animation in the evening- depending which apartment you're in. Horrendous charge for safety deposit box, very slow free wifi (for 30 mins a day in reception area only). Problems with hot water around 17-18 o'clock.

The Los Gigantes cliffs are breathtaking.The hotel is in good location, near the Atlantic Ocean, several local shops and restaurants nearby.The staff were helpful and polite. Aircon in both rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Terrible hotel. Ground floor, rooms outdated, kitchen units damage, bugs coming out of them everyday, had to put bread etc in microwave or fridge to protect it, bathroom always smelt of urine, tiles damage, nothing like pictures, beds uncomfortable, noise terrible at night, people on balconies all night drinking shouting, checked Out 3 days early, staff didn't care! Don't waste your time or money here.

Exit door

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Very loud entertainment! We found a dirty bedding in 123. Our first night was sleepless because of the wending mashines next to our door. We have moved to a different room very next day!

very nice staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

The 30 min. free internet per day in the lobby was very slow. The animation team was trying their best, but we wonder who is actually interested in their entertainment? We made sure to be away from the hotel area between 10 am and 5 pm to avoid the noice

Close to the coast and Los Gigantes. Very standard Tenerife apartment-style hotelroom

• Reviewed: 22 January 2016

No wifi, or you must pay extra as other hotels nearby has free. No hot water in morning. Noisy, especialy in nights at yard

Price more or less eaqual to quality

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

We couldn't sit out on our balcony or even stay in our room in the evenings as the disco bar was located beside the 'quiet' pool and music and noise went on from 8.30pm till 1am. There was nowhere else in the hotel to sit with a quiet drink. Pools were very cold and the heated pool was too deep to stay in with the kids, I couldn't even stand myself so there was no fun to be had swimming. There was never hot water for a shower, no matter what time of day. Wifi very slow so no time to respond to emails as 30 mins are consecutive so you couldnt go offline and write reply.

That our room was not located overlooking the pool that had loud music on all day and so was reasonably quiet during the day. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Very clean all over and apt cleaned frequently. Location good for us, we didn't do self catering and 2 very good restaurants nearby, San Franscisco and Pescador. Lovely walk via cliffs to beach beside los Gigantes.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Although the room was cleaned daily, but clearly shows that it was not enough. In the kitchen was a lot of small battles, who walked on the sink, table and cabinets.

Location is god and nice, short way to the centre.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

1.) Very slow WIFI, which works only for 30 minutes per day, otherwise you have to pay for it. I purchased it for one day and it was still slow. 2.) We stayed at the top floor room, which was nice, but bedroom window had a street view, so it was a bit noisy in the morning ( I could hear cars going by and angry staff walking around the floor).

Stayed for 6 nights, all inclusive. Good meals: chicken, pork, lamb, plenty of fish dishes. Cheese for red wine, also white wine and sangria. Good local beer. Room: You get what you paid for, so don't expect luxury, but it's nice and clean and almost all the hotel rooms have cozy balconies with the pool view. Hotel: Clean area, nice pool with the bar,helpful staff.OK cocktails in the bar. If you are young and you want to party, then probably it's not what you are looking for. There are some nice bars/clubs around the hotel, but most of the hotel visitors are 50-60+ So it was boring to stay within hotel itself. Other positive hings: Bus stop nearby, Los Gigantes beach within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Loud music playing at the pool starting from 10am every day; finding parking can be a hassle at night; 30 minutes of WIFI per day in the communal space - comon! Requested double-bed, got two singles; had to pay deposit for TV remote, no sun on balcony

Location close to beach and roads to go to other places; close to coastline; Town does not feel too touristicy

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

First of all: I don't know if it was an accident or not, but I think they've tried to scam me by saying I have to pay twice the price from booking.com. Only when I said I have a confirmation they told me this was a "computer mistake", so watch out. Secondly: very, very difficult to find a parking space there. If you don't mind climbing a bit there's more space closer to Lidl. I didn't mind going up the hill, but some people may do. Thirdly: we had ants in the kitchen. Fortunately not a massive amount, but they've accompanied us each day. Fourthly: It's quite noisy from the street and a lot of noise is coming from the patio inside, where loud music starts playing from 21:00. If you like to have a quiet rest then look for another place. Fifthly: apartment felt like there were a million people there before us. Not a big deal, really, as this is a tourist place.

Room was clean and that's all good about the place.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

The animation team were terrible!! It seems that being the loudest is how they try to be the best, if this is not your thing then stay by the quieter pool it was mjuch better. The barbeque area was also very dirty with flocks of pigeons on the tables and eating from the bins.

The hotel and rooms were mainly very clean and modern. The restaurant was excellent with a wide variety of fresh food every meal time. The bar was always staffed and the stay was very good value for money. With just a couple of negatives I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Smells of drains, crowded pool with guests fighting for sunbeds at 8:30am when unchained and towels left all day with no occupants! Far too many sunbeds you can barley walk around the pool without having to step over beds, never mind push a pram around not very safe or enjoyable needless to say we never used to pool. Lots of stairs so not pram friendly, they had lifts but were often broken and were so small lifts you could only just fit in a pushchair and were always unlevel on entry and exit so I was very cautious about using them! There were blocked drains needing a gully sucker wagon to jet them causing the grounds to smell horrid and flooded pathways with sewage! It was spilling out of the jetted drains and they were left open! The pool eating area tables were grubby and never cleaned. The general clientele was well.....distinctive, constantly using foul language, unruly children and arguing round the pool. The life guard was also playing ping pong on duty with the kids! Very safe! security deposit boxes where a rip off costing €41 for a week! There was no aircon in our room and no bath for baby only a shower however the rooms where clean and spacious..need I say more? Don't go!

The fab restaurants in the area, La Pargola in particular

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The price of my hoilyday !!

It was nice and hot and I got to see some old Freind's and meet some new ones as for the hotel it is a 3 star ! And I have been go'in thear 2 or 3 times a year ! For the last 7 years !! It's that good a have take'in all my family aswell

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

No hot water available in the morning for most of our 25 day stay. Reception staff largely indifferent to our complaints about this, one asking "What do you want me to do about it?" . Building work closed the pool near the restaurant. Maintenance work on the rooftop water tanks was directly above our room. TV only has one English language (BBC world news) channel. Wifi only available in reception and not very good.

The food and drink are good value if you buy a three day all inclusive package . The apartment was spacious and the maids helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The main restaurant was fine with food choices we expected however the Italian buffet restaurant was a big disappointment - the pasta was dried up and the pizza like cardboard - definitely needs improvement.

Easy driving distance from where we live in Tenerife in a very pleasant area. The apartment was spacious and the complex offered all we needed.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

Sun beds were being reserved early but this wasn't a big problem for us as we stayed in April

The property and grounds were spotless the staff work extremely hard ,nothing was too much for staff ,great location within walking distance of shops and nice places to eat ,we wouldn't hesitate to return to this property

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

Asked for ground floor for my mother 2 ground floor apartments but initially given third floor, then changed to second after having to be assertive still not great for my 86 year old mother

swimming pools

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

- really old and smelly rooms - old kitchen facilities - terrible beds - smelly rooms

- price of the hotel - location, really close to los gigantes - swimming pools and nice staff

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

The lot of noise of the music and other guests was disturbing. The breakfast, cooking facilities as well as a lack of sun at the appartment could definitely better.

The costs/value and facilities are good. The walking distance and possibility with a buggy to the boulevard and beach is lovely.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

The sleep quality was very poor. Rooms are very noisy - the noise travelled in the night from the inner courtyard and from the pool area. The main bedroom bed was incredibly squeaky - we had our baby sleeping in the same room and tried not to shuffle all night for the fear we will wake her up!!!

All inclusive option was good, hotel is close to everything you need, although about 15-20 min walk to the Playa Arena beach.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Room very bad smell, and dirty! No recomend !

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

The wifi didn't work in my room

Cleaners were friendly

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

The shower was tiny

The room was spacious and there was a balcony

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

Evening cabaret too loud

Value for money. Great location Take a boat trip out with with the yellow longy dingy to see the dolphins

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

none

everythingno

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

Room was above pool bar which had karaoke on till twelve pm not every night but still quite noisy overall

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

nothing , all good

excellent short break before christmas

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

Loudly place till night_a lot of drinking people. Arrogant managers personel.The maids do not knock the room.

Reception 5 stars very good service.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

bad free wifi connection, only 30 min / day and poor quality

well situated location, lot of very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

How much i had to pay !!

It was nice and hot and some of the staff ? Only the o es that remember'ed me

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

not very comfortable bed, took a little tastier dessert, but the food is awersome

everything is wonderful

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

Better food choice for the kids w

It met our needs for sun and cheap holiday

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

double bed is not made out of twins bed put together, shower was too small and not every room has a bath

location and swimming pool

staff and food.

location and pool.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

pretty steep streets

quiet place this los gigantes, nice hotel with nice pool area. Lots of entertainment.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.