Reviews of Arte Vida

Carretera Nacional 340, Km 79.3, 11380 Tarifa, Spain

#18 of 32 hotels in Tarifa

Beautiful beach bar and great room rightthe beach
    • Double or Twin Room

saw some ants in my room. Also- I had to check out at 8 A.M.- and no one was on the property yet who spoke English. There was one guy cleaning but it took him at least 20 minutes to process my bill for the room. He’d never done it before.

The beach bar is absolutely gorgeous. So fun. Breakfast was great. I loved this place.

Wow, what a great stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic hotel - I booked this for our anniversary with my wife. It really was an absolute pleasure - friendly staff, great restaurant and amazing outside area to relax in the sun right on the beach. Location was great for us as we are kite surfers. Highly recommend. We will be back!

Enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a bit basic but did the job. Not very private as rooms open onto veranda with people either walking past or lying on the bean bags outside. No chance of a lay in after 9am as dogs started barking, deliveries arrived and people walking around. Not able to Kite off the beach directly in front of hotel as it was blocked off for swimmers.

Location and the cocktails. Dead quiet after 8.30pm and good chance to really enjoy the sunset in peace and quiet. Really ideal for couples.

Wonderful Beach Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Starting to look a little tired, having visited several times noticed the quality of the cocktails lacked the quantity of alcohol they used to making them disappointing. Music being played no longer created the vibe and ambience it previously so we were disappointed.

Great location to relax, chill and be lulled to sleep by the waves breaking onto the beach

Great place to relax
    • Double or Twin Room

All rooms offer a perfect sea view, besides Nr 12 und 14.

Excellent location with perfect sea view. Nice place to spend some quality time. Cool bar with good cocktails. 5 Minutes to Tarifa city center.

It isn’t a hotel it is a brothel!
    • Double or Twin Room

It isn’t a hotel it is a brothel!!! You can order sex toys and hookers through the mini bar It shouldn’t be on the booking.com site it isn’t a hotel!!!!!

A gem of a place

Not a thing.

The staff were all ever so pleasant and very helpful. Nothing was a problem at all for them. I wanted ti move rooms as i was next to a crying baby- no problem (the housekeeper even helped me move). I wanted a bottle of my own wine opened- no problem. I requested glasses to have my own G&T for my friends that popped over to visit-no problem. Such a pleasant stay. Will definitely be staying here again. The view from my room was amazing- you can hear the oceans waves crash.

Ok but noisy
    • Double or Twin Room

Small living area and very bad sound isolation. Lots of noise in day and night time from neighbors.

Friendly host and perfect location. Beautiful old city center.

Cool place right on the beach. 10 minutes to Tarifa ferry.
    • Double or Twin Room

No hot water before 7:00 a. m. A little hard to find as there’s no sign on the road.

Location right on the beach, good service. Comfy bed. We had to leave early to catch the Tarifa ferry and they provided an early little breakfast. The property was a surprise to us but we really liked it. It’s nice and clean, except for some unavoidable sand on the floor. Once the day wind surf crowd leaves its really quiet. Ask for room 11 at the end.

It was very lovely stay, relaxing and calm. We enjoyed the time with our little family
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the bathroom. I just couldn’t take the shower there. It’s wasnt clean enough with a rust and mold in the corners. and in the night when I went to use the bathroom one big cockroach was coming out the bathroom.

It’s perfect location. Lovely view on the ocean. We loved the garden with sun beds and swing chairs. Absolutely great that our two dogs could stay with us. That’s why we choose that place.

Great beach location - although we did walk into tarifa but...
    • Double or Twin Room

Although it was off season, it was noisy as the hotel is laid out in motel style so everyone walks and talks past your room. It is a lot more rustic that it looks in the pictures- The beds are not that comfortable, they are the sort of beds you would expect in a cheaper place - for the price it is very budget but the beach and sunset views are wonderful. It is quite a laid back place, staff are easy going and nice. Breakfast was pretty decent buffet style. I would stay again if it was cheaper but it is overpriced.

Great beach location - although we did walk into tarifa but took 2 hours ( at high tide you will get cut off and have to walk part way on road)

Chill in tarifa weekend
    • Double or Twin Room

...there was nothing to dislike if I'm honest. ..our weekend was perfect

The whole atmosphere is perfect ...and it's location ..waking up to the sound of the sea

DO NOT GO!
    • Double or Twin Room

Review tripadvisor Arte Vida They don't answer the phone and after fifteen attempts the receptionist put the phone down on me even though I speak fluent Spanish. I was forced to make a booking through booking.com because I really wanted to stay at that location. I should've known at this point but this was a sign to not bother. Upon my arrival at Arte Vida Hotel I was met with a very surly, moody, rude receptionist , her name is Estella, she was drinking in the kitchen it is open to view from the reception area. There was a member of staff also working at the bar who continued to ignore me. Five minutes went by until eventually she came to the desk. With no apology or smile. Simply saying "yes!" At first I assumed she was tired of communicating with people who don't speak Spanish etc but soon realised after speaking in Spanish that it's just her way. The check-in procedure was one of the worst I've ever experienced. She announced again with no apology or smile that the room was not available even though I had turned up at the correct time. She told me that I could leave my bags "over there" , pointing to an area very loosely and with impatience that didn't quite make sense to me because it was in the direction of the restaurant. She clearly wasn't happy to arise from her throne to show me the area so I wandered off to have a look for myself and came back even more confused. She then found me at the rear of the hotel because it was also in the direction that she had pointed in, at this point she had the audacity to tell me off for being in an area that I was not supposed to be in... She then announced that I could leave my bags outside of the room. I explained I was not happy to do this as they would be in an area entirely exposed for theft. At this she shrugged her shoulders.

Great location with good staff
    • Double or Twin Room

We had just an unfortunate issue with the AC in the room. It wasn't working probably, so we had to leave the hotel at night with our baby, because it was impossible to sleep like that. The staff at night tried to help us with all their good intentions, however technically it was impossible to do anything so they were helpless too. We got our refund easily and stayed in another hotel, although we would love to stay in Arte Vida.

Not impressed
    • Double or Twin Room

I do not generally like leaving negative feedback, but I feel I have to. We booked this hotel well in advance of our trip. One day before our planned check-in we received a call from Booking.com saying that Arte Vida cancelled our booking due to no rooms available - first time ever we came across such an inconvenient situation! We booked this room ages ago just to be told a day before check-in it was not available? What sort of management is that? We then had to spend at least an hour on a phone with Booking.com trying to sort this out. When a room was (finally) found, the hotel then had issues with charging our card, so another 20 min spent sorting that out. Overall, not the greatest initial impression! When we arrived at the hotel, we found out that we were given a twin room instead of a room with a double bed (as specifically requested in our booking). We also found no a/c or tv remotes in the room, so had to go to reception to request these - in all honesty, the hotel should give those to you when you check in. I had to make two trips to get the remotes that actually worked! Facilities are ok, I cannot say that either bed or room itself is comfortable and breakfast is pretty average, but I guess that is what you are getting for your money in Tarifa. The only things that compensate for that are the beach next to hotel and the funky theme of the hotel. That is all. It took us a while trying to find entrance to the road leading to hotel - virtually impossible to do so in the dark as there are no signs at all.

The hotel is next to a huge, gorgeous, wide, white sand beach (albeit windy one). It is a hippy and funky looking hotel and they have restaurant that serves dinner until wee hours (comes handy as there is not much around). Staff is pretty prompt.

Great location, Bad staff
    • Double or Twin Room

I staid in the hotel for three days. Not one staff said "Good Morning" , " Welcome" , "Do you need anything" The staff do not care for the guests. I found this rude. No safety box in the rooms. The enterance of the hotel is through the restautrant with open kitchen and it smells really bad.

Great Location, relaxed place...

The location is Fantastic, on the beach!
    • Double or Twin Room

The service was very random for such place. My partner and I were looking for a place for our wedding and apart from the wind ( which is natural) the service we received was poor for such price and wonderful location.

The location is Fantastic, on the beach!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Beautiful view and a place to relax, but not much else here and pretty basic rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were there in low season so it was lacking a bit of buzz. Would have preferred to stay a bit further up near Valdevaqueros.

Lovely location as you are right on the beach, beautiful views from the room, but there is not much else here so you would definitely need a car. Valdevaqueros beach had a lot more on it, nice lunch places and a great chilled out atmosphere. The music here was good and nice to lay out in the afternoon to sunset.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Great sea front view!
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, absolutely not work tu the money! Was highly recommended here but would highly NOT recommend it myself!

Great location right on the ocean. Wake up to the noise of the waves in the most tranquil setup!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great location, hippy style and relaxed!
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin beds pushed together to make a double was about as bad as it got! Breakfasts could have been better

Right on the beach, dedicated sun loungers, good bar, massages available. GREAT FOOD-I'd recommend the tuna vermicelli noodles dish- so delicious!!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Fantastic basic hotel, can't wait to go back
    • Double or Twin Room

the only thing if any, prices in restaurant slightly high for Tarifa

staff were great and very laid back in a good way. location and sea front room where fantastic

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Ab fab
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s a secret why share with the world

Everything perfect hotel, great location on the beach,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything perfect hotel, great location on the beach, great restaurant delicious meals, great beach-bar, clean spacious room. - todo Perfecto!

Good 8n the restaurant was delicious.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good 8n the restaurant was delicious. Location can't be better.

Awesome!
    • Double or Twin Room

This is my absolute favorite place , dog friendly, very chilled, fabulous restaurant and unbeatable location...

Our expectations of Tarifa where not big before we arrived but soon found out we where wrong.
    • Double or Twin Room

A room with a bath for my wife and utility to make coffee or tea

The staff where very professional and tried to help in many ways

Having been here years ago I didnt know what to expect .However nothing dissapointed and will return
    • Double or Twin Room

Even though weather was awful the staff more than made up for that and more Having bee

Spacious, clean accomodation.
    • Double or Twin Room

Spacious, clean accomodation with friendly staff. Excellent breakfast and evening meal.

A Room
    • Double or Twin Room

A Room update wouldn’t be bad !

Especial y agradable. Para repetir

Tranquilo y playa

super friendly staff, nice location at the beach!
    • Double or Twin Room

do you like dogs? there are some of them around

super friendly staff, nice location at the beach!

Great weekend

Breakfast not served til 9.30am. No tea/coffee facilities in room

Beach front setting...perfect as we had two dogs with us. They loved it

Perfect place to rest and enjoy the ocean
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic place on the beach,lovely clean rooms and outdoor area, great restaurant and friendly staff.

Sea front!
    • Double or Twin Room

Would be nice if they could invest into new furniture and baths, but overall fun!!

Sea front! Sea sounds! Kite hassle Free!!

Could be better quaility
    • Double or Twin Room

We chose this hotel due to its good WIFI however it did not work properly... Plus the room was small.

Good location & friendly staff

Peaceful and uplifting

Arty vibe. Off beaten track

Very chilled & relaxed
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit sparse!

everything!

Basic but clean and comfy room. Amazing location and friendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Amazing location,nice chill out area. Food wad lovely although a little pricey but with that view it didn't matter!

Too noisy.
    • Double or Twin Room

Too noisy. Walls paper thin. Staff not available. Not worth 120 euros per night for one star facilities

Lovely, friendly and amazing views
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Everyone helpful and friendly. Good atmosphere and nice food in the restaurant.

A genuine beach hotel

The ambiance

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Great location, relaxing atmosphere

Great location, relaxing atmosphere

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Cannot wait to return
    • Double or Twin Room

The reception on arrival & departure was quite rude

The location is awesome

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

great location, good food

great location by beach

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Perfect place to relax!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great place to relax and lovely food

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit but especially...

Restaurant was cold, no heating

The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit but especially the fresh orange juice was nice. Chilled out atmosfeer. Great views of the beach.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Perfect location, lulled to sleep by listening to the...

Perfect location, lulled to sleep by listening to the seawaves. Simple rooms but renovated and clean! Great chillout area and relaxed athmosphere!!! Breakfast basic but for us was ok, served with a beautiful open view to the beach!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Although the check in staff on arrival were unattentive to...

The heating seems to be either ON or OFF with no apparent option to change temperature.

Although the check in staff on arrival were unattentive to the point of being rude, which actually made us smile......the staff in the evening were superb. So maybe its a hit and miss.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2015

Location is good.

Not clean Not comfortable Breakfast very basic Room very basic Too expensive for the money

Location is good. But for kite surfing not very great because directly in front of the hotel is a bad spot to enter the water due to a mountain in the back of the hotel blocking the wind just at the shore

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Sometimes music a bit loud

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.