Reviews of Hotel Arts Barcelona 5 stars

4.8

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great location especially if you want to hit the beach
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

Noisy private parties around the pool with noise reaching to our 10 floor,guests were not informed of them before they book .

Great location especially if you want to hit the beach

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Beautiful hotel right on the beach with a variety of wonderful amenities
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The concierge staff was pretty terrible honestly. One of the men on staff basically said that he can no longer help me find a restaurant because there was no place nearby that served chicken (which come to find out there was one within walking distance of the hotel aptly named Chicken). He was very rude to both my mom and I. I told Lisa of our experience with him, and then gave us a wonderful recommendation with the name and address on a piece of paper. We ended up going there and I had chicken. I didn't want this man to ruin our time in Barcelona but he did make both my mom and I pretty upset.

The front desk staff were all fantastic. I really liked Lisa, who showed us all the amenities on the property, as well as everything in our room. They even went the extra mile and gave my mom a wonderful dessert with a card and a "Happy 70th birthday" written on the plate. We also were given a free room upgrade which really just made the experience even more special. Although the bar staff was always pretty busy, (and a little slow and forgetful of our drink orders) they were always very nice.

THE BEST HOTEL EVER!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only thing was if you don't book direct, wifi in your room is €30.

I have never had such an amazing experience at a hotel before, & we have stayed at a lot of 5 Star resorts, from check in with champagne to the nicest of staff. Everything was absolutely perfect!! Everyone was so lovely, nothing was an issue if you asked for something not on the menu, staff wanted to provide recommendations, we were given a tour of our room. Just amazing! In particular, Martim in Bites gave incredible service and extra special as it was my mums birthday!

Amazing hotel, in a great location and a birthday complimentary glass of champagne!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was staying at the hotel for my birthday and as a solo traveler, I was treated extremely well. The staff could not do enough for me and everyone was super friendly!

Lumpy mattress pad.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lumpy mattress pad. Not restful at all due to constant disturbance by overzealous staff. Terrible checkout process. Especially slow responses to basic customer service requests... and poor response from corporate when presented with critical feedback. There are many other amazing accommodations in Barcelona. I highly suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location on the beach.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Expensive to buy food and drinks, however that wasn’t just in the hotel we found everywhere to be expensive.. around 8 euros for a soft drink by the pool

Great location on the beach. Large swimming pools with sun loungers and day bed facilities. Casino and clubs right outside. Lots of choices for restaurants. Only a 5-10 minute cab into the city centre. Very friendly and helpful team. Great food, drink and service

Simply Terrible!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Simply Terrible! What a waste of money, and is expensive. Stuff are not kind (except 2 people )and not efficient at all. Need to ask same thing 100 times before they get it write. And worst is that u have no privacy. OMG never been in a Hotel that has that bad service. I spend 200 night in a year on hotel, so seen a lot of luxury hotel. Let me tell u this is not. Don’t waste your money and time

This is a beautiful venue. I would love to stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

Food was very expensive. I paid 6 Euros for a coffee. Also 25 Euros for WiFI is very steep.

The view from my room of the sea was spectacular. Really enjoyed the pool. The hotel is beautiful and the flowers in the lobby were gorgeous. The staff is extra helpful and friendly.

Mixed feelings
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wait at the reception at check-in time (not busy time but computers were not working) The jacuzzi area was off limits as it was constantly occupied by families with screaming toddlers. Prices for drinks were exagerated for the quality provided No free Wifi in the room is a major turnoff - even the lousiest hostels have it. Prices for food at the bar or restaurant ridiculously overpriced for the quality you get.

The infinity pool area was very nice especially as no children allowed. Gym was new, very clean and well equipped. Location was great.

Location was incredible
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I must change the elevator to go my room Crowding at the elevator

Location was incredible Staff was great Room was spacious Atmosphere was fantastic Good food

Over-priced and underwhelming.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Breakfast was not great at all. Small restaurant for the size of hotel. They could not accommodate a large group on one table, and the spread was exactly the same each day. delivery of kitchen orders was very slow which could be better managed if you have a full restaurant /hotel. For a 5 star hotel, the most disappointing was hot chocolate came as powder in a sachet that you had to make on your own. Check in lines were long and moved slowly. There were no welcome refreshments upon arrival, the lobby was full of traffic and the carpets were very dirty. Pool drinks were overpriced - at Euro10 for a glass of coke! Generally a very overpriced experience. The beach is not direct access, you have to walk around a couple of buildings and walkways to get onto the beach.

I liked the views of the city from our room. Also pool attendants were very polite and attentive.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location is ideal.

Payment method was not suitable as the hotel during the check-in time has hold amount from my credit card as authorization then during the check-out time has not utilized the authorized amount and asked me to pay again and advised me that the authorization is just for the guarantee !!!

Location is ideal.

We would stay here again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You should be aware that this is a very large hotel so if you dont like crowds and large groups then this wont be the hotel for you. As it is a large hotel room service is a little slow and they do charge for internet at very high prices. The breakfast is also overpriced for Barcelona. Very crowded at check out time so best to check out a little early to avoid the crowds.

This is a really great hotel. The rooms are spacious and there are great amenities. The restaurants at the hotel are excellent and the pool areas are also. Great coffee in the cafe. They welcome children and provide cots in the room. Lovely spot at the beach to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city centre but only a 10 min cab ride to La Rumbla. The concierge are excellent and you should take the opportunity to ask the staff for helpful information about restaurants, shows and places to see etc. Great place to stay for longer stays too. Excellent ice cream shop and healthy style cafe across the road from the hotel. Hop on hop off bus right next to the hotel.

Over paid for something very old and dirty
    • King or Double Room with Panoramic View

Not worth it, very dirty, very old nothing has changed since the 80s. Service is very very very slow. It took me 1 hour to check in

Just location that’s it

The housekiping come clean the room after 16:00 p.
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

The housekiping come clean the room after 16:00 p.m That's was strange.... We came after the trip back to the room in 16:00 pm and the was not clean. It was lake that every day.

Nice hotel, clean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

The power point in the room turn off when you switch off the main light... making charging battery more difficult. Bathroom essential shower gel etc... can be better.

Nice hotel, clean. The beach is a bit dirty, as expected.

Best of both worlds
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked 2 adults and 1 child. We use booking.com all the time and typically when you do this you get an extra bed in the room to accommodate the child within the price. Here, the expectation is that the child sleeps in your bed unless you want to pay €133 more a night for extra bed. This is stated in the small print so I guess we should have paid more attention. The disappointing aspect of this was when we arrived the guy on reception said we have some rooms with 2 queen beds in available, I’ll ring the Manager and ask if you can have one - The answer was no we couldn’t. Then on our last day we asked if we could have a 2 hour later check out to accommodate our flight times. The lady rang the Manager and again he said no but we could have 1 hour. Bearing in mind we had arrived 7 hours after the check in time on our first day I thought letting us have 2 hours on the last wouldn’t have been too much of an ask but obviously it was. These are just minor niggles though, the staff were excellent on the whole and maybe the front line staff need to be a bit more empowered to enable them to deliver world class customer service.

Location - Staying here we got the best of both worlds - A beach holiday and a beautiful City. The concierge staff were excellent as were all the staff we encountered. Beautiful hotel. There are 2 pools, one for adults, one for kids. They are busy but there is plenty of lovely spaces in the Hotel to enjoy including a garden and then there is always the beach. The Hotel is a bit pricey. Breakfast €42 euros. There are plenty of nearby restaurants on the Marina serving lovely food. I would definitely book here again.

Will stay in this hotel again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The service, requested the price menu two times and never got it. Requested a wheel chair for my injured daughter and never got one. Didn’t get help with lougage to car even when they saw I was struggling with my injured daughter. Very disappointed!

Beautiful hotel, clean and very comfortable.

Comfortable and luxurious
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Mini bar prices were extortionate! 15 euros for a bar of chocolate/bag of crisps. Final bill needed careful checking as there was a room service charge (we didn’t order room service) and some poolside drinks that we didn’t order. This was all resolved very quickly though.

We had a fantastic stay here. Staff go out of their way to ensure you have everything you want. Great room with an amazing view. Bed was really comfortable. Good range of products in the bathroom. Fantastic shower. Comfortable pool area with excellent service from staff.

Too crowded.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Too crowded. Hotel reception desk slow and very bureacratic. Would not give me credit for Marriiot Rewards even though I booked through Booking.com

5 star luxury in a brilliant location
    • King or Double Room with Panoramic View

It is our own fault for travelling in July, but the main swimming pool was full of rowdy children screaming Marco Polo. The alternative adult only pool was fairly small, and unless you show up by 10:00 AM, you won’t get a chaise lounge there. But we made sure we did, after our noisy 1st day. On a different matter, we made the mistake of walking to the nearest bustop 3 blocks from the hotel at 8:00 AM and were followed by two suspicious characters who tried to mug us, but luckily we were able to flag a taxi down and got away. Barcelona has one of the highest incidents of theft and pickpocketing, so only travel by taxi directly from the hotel front door.

It is a beautiful and modern hotel. The room was 5 star and the view spectacular. We had a high floor as shown in my room location photo, and there was a fireworks display at night. We ordered a room service meal which was excellent. The poolside beveridge service was prompt and the pool staff are friendly and energetic. The check in process is very efficient, and our bags were delivered straight to our room from the driveway entrance.

Everything with great quality.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food and drinks are very pricey.

Everything with great quality. The only annoying thing was that the hairdryer and the safer were not working when we arrived but they got fixed very quickly.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you have money to burn.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Totally overrated for the price you pay. It was too over the top and it felt like you have to pay for every little extra thing.... Wifi, room service delivery etc etc. Too scared to do anything in case you have to tip someone. No information about the hotel in the room, no chance to self explore, there's always a staff member questioning your every move.

There is a swimming pool.

The staff was super friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some facility are needed to be repaired or renovated.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast and the pools were amazing. Great location, beautiful view!

Nicest hotel in Barcelona!! Stay away from the beach though- it’s filthy!
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

Nothing could have made our stay better—except maybe a penthouse upgrade for my family of 6, which would’ve been about the same price I paid for 2 rooms. So, the hotel should just increase the guest max for the penthouse!!

This is a 5 star hotel at its finest!!!

Staff were very nice to my child
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hugely overpriced - don't expect to have so many hidden costs for the room rate [such as eur 25 a day for internet] Often got overcharged for things we didn't order or took too long to come Most expensive breakfast - we paid eur 82 per day. Was surprised my 18month year old wasn't charged Weak reception staff. The place could do with employing older people as managers. Took 15 attempts to get our room cleaned after my child jumped sand around, got no help with bags in a rush to the airport, largely unresponsive Tired looking rooms + barely working toilets throughout hotel. Pool too small for hotel and not warm enough for kids Unclean outside areas

Staff were very nice to my child To be honest, we didn't do enough research about the surrounding area beforehand - this [and the hotel] are just inappropriate for kids

I felt the entire property inside the hotel rooms and floors...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I felt the entire property inside the hotel rooms and floors stunk of cigarettes. We had to move rooms because of it. They claim it’s non smoking. Our bathroom flooded for 3 days from the sink, and it took 3 times of me complaining for it to get fixed. The manager removed one bar tab, but I was told the room would be discounted and it wasn’t.

frustrating
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

i was offered to pay 25 euros or 35 euros to use the internet i needed it between 12am/midnight and 3am i called operator to get a password for free pass... it took forever to get her on the phone didn't speak good enough English - wouldn't give me a free pass - tried to connect me with front desk at 12:30am many times over 20 min - no answer -:( talked about this at check out - employee was dumb found and couldn't offer anything for this disagreement - over night parking large 45 euros is also horrendous for a hotel room at 400+ euros - sorry but internet and parking should be included - don't feel compelled to come back to this hotel

location, overall hotel feel (although i stayed one night from midnight to 9am pretty much and slept only 4h due to work i had to do overnight) didn't have time to enjoy breakfast either so cannot comment on this either

Location, pools, food and super friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Suite didn’t have blinds in common area, where we intended to put our baby to sleep, staff gave as cardboard to cover windows. No access for strollers or wheelchairs for the grass area and jacuzzi. Long wait for check in and out as reception was always full. Need to have more staff and computers there.

Location, pools, food and super friendly staff

Luxurious beachside setting!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing in the hotel for dinner and room wasn’t ready at check in.

Relaxing, lots of pools, close to beach, amazing jetted shower, and they serve champagne at check in!

More than superior than we expected
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I arrived at the hotel by way of booking with my wife and baby, already at the entrance and reception received us in a very courteous and professional manner. Each hotel staff always smiles and helps and gives a wonderful feeling both in the elevator and at the reception at the pool café and all. I would like to mention the reception manager, Wisam, who helped us with every request we requested. Wissam was a charming person who had not encountered any hotel in all of Europe I was staying with. All hotel facilities and facilities were beyond our expectations. I will certainly recommend to my friends the Art Hotel. Thank you very much David Dray Israel

Sorry but not to standard
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had our anniversary and hotel gave us a double bed (qeen) room, moved us next day and we had to wait almost 2h outside which wasn't pleasant experience considering our reason to come. Definitely not value for money. We extended our stay in W hotel where they met our expectations.

breakfast was good with a selection of Cava & Champagne

Staff were professional and very kind.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

I did not like the location of the hotel. It didn't really feel like Barcekona. The hotel itself was massive and felt very commercial.

Staff were professional and very kind. The view of the beach was very nice.

The pool is wonderful a real treat, a nice touc with the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Raw chicken served to my room in a club sandwich. It was removed from the bill. I was offered a replacement but I had eaten half of it before I noticed and felt too queasy to have another. Staff at breakfast at 7am were not as attentive as the rest of our visit. They were greeting each other and our plates were left until the end of service. Nobody offered coffee/ tea refills. We had to catch people’s eye and request. Despite being delicious It is also extortionate at 42 euros. That is nearly double the rest of the 5* hotels we have stayed in.

The pool is wonderful a real treat, a nice touc with the free water too. Much appreciated when the sun came out. I loved the non heated pool but for many it was way too cold. The staff are exceptional throughout the hotel. They are attentive and responsive and really well trained at all levels. A real first class experience. Delicious breakfast.

good not impressive
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Administration is good they solved problems but staff is nice but unexirienced

It is ok but very expensive for offer. Staff constantly warns that whatever you ask will cost extra . Very big Rooms are dark.

Only the location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff was very bad and not professional... they were delayed in everything we asked for .. the room was missing alot of stuff like kittle, water, safebox , and it took the staff 1 full day to get all of that to the room! The price is definitely isnt worth it !

Only the location

This stay was fantastic, thank you

I didn’t like leaving

Everything about our experience at this hotel exceeded our expectations, if we are ever back in Barcelona this will be our first choice hotel

Great!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My partner spoke Spanish but all staff approached him in English first. We expected to be spoken to in Spanish as we were In Spain!

Staff at reception and breakfast were all friendly and helpful. Room was large with great view. Food at breakfast was so delicious! The Spanish meats were wonderful!

very friendly staff
    • King or Double Room with Panoramic View

for a roomprice of 600 euros i would expect free internet. this was not the case, very annoying food in tapas bar ok but not great

very friendly staff nice view from room

Wifi access not included, costed 25 euros for 24h.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wifi access not included, costed 25 euros for 24h...a total joke for a 5 star hotel. Unbelievable to charge for wifi access in 2018...Pretty noisy if your room is in the lower floors.

I would stay here again for the service and rooms. I am not a fan of the location.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

Bed needed new mattress. We stayed in the corner sea view suite at a pretty penny a night. I was expecting more out of the beds. They need more food choices. Prices of meals aren't comparable to surrounding local eats but hey its the Ritz!

Room and property were clean. Staff was phenomenal! Very friendly and helpful. Property has plenty of amenities.

Gorgeous hotel in a prime position for the beach and the city.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bath although lovely and comfortable was difficult to get in and out of and I had to get back in the bath to hang up my towel!

The staff were really lovely and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable. The blinds kept out the light and the room was lovely and cool. Also the entrance smelt beautiful and the flowers and plants were gorgeous.

We arrived at 6 pm and room still wasn't ready.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

We arrived at 6 pm and room still wasn't ready. Took 30 minutes to wait. We are family. Asked for MiniVan for 7 people which we used before arrived to the hotel and booked from different conpany but they told they cannot provide and suggest take two taxi instead. Very inconvenient and poor service.

A beige ottoman at the end of each double bed that was the...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

A beige ottoman at the end of each double bed that was the same colour at the carpet, invisible at night and cause several accidents including bruised and bleeding shins.

very good hotel and nice view but expensive !!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

we got our hotel form booking.com , we arrived to hotel at 11:00AM and they informed us we have to wait until 3:00PM for check-in after 6 hours flight !!! they offered us we upgrade our room with 150EURO extra per day for faster check-in at 1PM , and they asked us we have to pay 25EURO per day for internet usage !!! but they offered we register our name as family to be free of charge for internet usage. our room was not breakfast included and we have to pay 42EURO per person !!! but breakfast like 4 stars hotels.

it was in good location , clean and nice stuff

Generally ok but not exceptional. I kept a better memory from our last stay there...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff was friendly but unable to deliver on a few slightly straight forward requests (e.g. organize a taxi from outside of town, book dinner at in-house restaurant although we are staying there). We sensed there are lots of staff but not that many are truly experienced nor impactful.

The staff were fantastic.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I selected and paid extra for a sea view on booking.com and when we arrived at the hotel were told it was actually a partial sea view- we could barely see it! Not worth the extra money. Very surprised that you have to pay for WiFi, even the buses have free WiFi! The pool is a lot smaller than pictured. Overall a little disappointing.

The staff were fantastic.

Room size and bathroom rooftop pool and door staff on ground...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extra to have wifi in your room In room moves cost 20 euros each! 45 minutes wait to get a drink at the bar spa services were not slick - staff were not attentive and no explanation that relaxation areas were for males or females but not mixed so you couldn't relax with your friends and family - they were segregated Food didn't come altogether when ordered

Room size and bathroom rooftop pool and door staff on ground floor. Excellent location and floral displays were beautiful. However when we brought negatives to the attention of the management, we were offered one night free so their after sales care was very good too!

Nice
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

Room: my Suite with ocean view felt outdated, old, small TV. The Internet is expensive but in my case it was free — I'm glad it was because I felt it was a phone speed not a joke. Painfully slow Internet, making it hard to get anything done, and even more so Stream any movies on any device

Arts hotel is a luxury hotel that deserves all five stars. Unique and overwhelming experience. The rooms are great, very lovely with marble bathroom. Magnificent sea views with its famous sculpture in the shape of a fish. Good Breakfast for relaxing moments you have a nice garden and fantastic pool. The hotel also has several restaurants. I would stay here again.

The american bar.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I specifically booked a king size bed and instead we were given 2 separated queen beds which was very annoying as this holiday was a gift from me to my partner. The reception was unable to accommodate us nor they offer any kind of compensation for their error. I also never had any reply when I asked originally to be picked up at the airport. When we ordered our morning breakfast there was every single day something missing (and therefore had to call room service to order again what was missing ending up in having to wait for the remaining order to arrive). Overall not what you'd expect from a 5 stars hotel

The american bar. Barman very prepared, nice atmosphere.

PLEASANT BUT BELOW EXPECTATION
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although our stay was overall pleasant (mainly because the room was GREAT) and we would probably consider staying there again, BELOW EXPECTATIONS for a 5 star hotel. Why: - Too many guests - Much of the staff is young (too young) and SERIOUSLY lacks experience - The food (room service & restaurants) is charged at 5 star prices but is average. My recommendation is unless somehow you manage to pay 1/2 price, do not eat there - Be careful, if you book through Booking.com you will get punished by having to pay for in room wifi - It basically feels like you re on fully packed Carnival Cruise ship

THE ROOM WAS GREAT

Hotel was hard to find. Directions from the hotel were confusing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

20 euros for a in-room movie? Outrageous, plus very limited selection. Bring your own DVDs! Room service food not hot. The worst toilet paper I've used in years!

Beautiful view, close to beach/boardwalk. Parking was excellent at no additional cost.

A Barcelona beauty, fraying slightly at the edges
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

After many years the most beautiful facility in Barcelona is fraying at the edges, stylish and showing her age. A young service team lacks organization.

Quiet and spacious rooms with incredible night time views of the city and day time views of the beach. 2 amazing restaurants... great service and stimulating but tasty food!

I would not have booked rooms if I had known it was partially closed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I rang the Hotel before I booked the room to make sure the pool was open... I was told it was open ..... It was shut for refurbishment ! So was the bar ! The rooms have no balconies and therefore had hardly any outdoor space to sit/ read etc.

The Staff were very keen and helpful .

Extremely expensive extras / standards really
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

0,5 l water minibar 13 € + tax, no pricelist in the room for minibar (of course!), wifi in the room 25 € + tax for a 300€ / night room, room service food was lousy: Bad Cesar salad and Falafel with Tzatziki instead of Tahini, breakfast 42,50 € per person + tax. Tesla charger was in a terrible spot downstairs in a garage, which took 10 minutes to get into with the help of two people. Same story on the way out.

Good view and location by the marina, good gym

Needs upgrading before it sinks into the sand
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

Decor and vibe feel tired. V expensive for amenities provided. Room service was high end price for below average menu. Food not up to much generally. Overall felt a bit like they were milking a reputation gained in better days.

We liked the location near the beach and the views

It’s always a pleasure staying at Hotel Arts. The service is amazing and the location is perfect.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room service food is ok. I think it could and should be a lot better.

I liked the room, the bathroom was amazing. Comfortable bed, nice view. Very good location.

A disappointment. Wonderful staff but terrible drinks and food and NO SECURITY.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My IPad was stolen from the room. I notified security and they were prompt. However they said no one had entered the room after we left and the security camera was not working on our floor so they could not identify who had stolen my iPad which I had placed in a closet on my suitcase instead of the safe as I had left quickly. I told them my bathroom had been tidied but they still said the night maid had not entered and suggested it might have been another guest (who stole my iPad and then cleaned). The food was mediocre and not well prepared. The drinks were badly made and very expensive. I would not stay in this hotel again.

The staff was friendly although this hotel had many in training.

Didn’t want to leave
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I love everything about this hotel. The staff are really friendly, the location is great, near the beach and the bars along it, the view from the room was stunning blue sea, the food is great and the service is fantastic.

Not a 5 star experience for the cost. Very disappointing.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Pre booking we were told the pool would be heated but it wasn't and it was so cold it was unusable. The room was very tired. Door frame coming off the wall, automatic blind broke and section collapsed onto the floor, beds sagging massively in the middle. The lighting is all on one circuit so despite booking a suite so that our children could go to sleep early while we sat in the lounge, we couldn't do this unless we wanted to sit in the dark. Prices prohibitive with kids. 500ml water from room £12. Wifi in room €25 a day. Generally service was very lacklustre- forgot to record our wake up call, only 2 bottles of complimentary water despite 4 of us being booked in the room.

Great view of Barcelona from the room on 25th floor

Nice on the inside, but ....
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

The external framework of the building greatly restricts your access to the incredible views that would otherwise be available, it's a hideous failure of design.

Light, spacious and well designed rooms

We had a great time.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a great time. We were welcomed with a glass of cava and received an upgraded room. It was a corner room with a great view of the city and the ocean. The pool was our favorite part and the entire atmosphere of the hotel was very relaxing. All of the food was great and everyone was so pleasant and helpful. Prior to booking this hotel, we consider booking the W because of it's reputation, but decided against it as we heard bad reviews from the internet as well as through friends. We couldn't be happier with our choice of hotel. It was fabulous.

Good place
    • King or Double Room with Panoramic View

It wasn’t announced that almost 50% from living cost you have to blocked on your card for extras, it’s not right, you should inform about it when you are going to book hotel

Good place

The best experience ever
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

I just returned home after some holidays in Barcelona where I stayed at the Arts Hotel. The installations are excellent and the service provided by its personnel was superb. They treat their guests very kindly providing an exceptional quality service. Particularly, I would like to mention Ms. Blanca Castro and Ms. Angela Liang at the Reception Desk, whose service and way to attend us as guests of the hotel, went beyond any possible expectation related to great service. Also, Ms. Blanca at the Concierge who provided great data regarding the city, restaurants, places to go and visit and she does a great job!. They all worked to help us create magical memories of our visit to Barcelona. It was the best experience I have had in my life!

Excellent stay prior to boarding a cruise ship. Relaxing hotel and area which we have always enjoye
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

Outside pool area was too small and could be crowded.

Stayed on Club Floor which could not be better. Such wonderful and caring staff. And the food offered there was always plentiful and good.

Phenomenal, a good base to enjoy the vibrant and creative vibe of Barcelona .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bar prices a little steep, but perhaps the motive is to ward off the lager louts.

Amazing beach location with attentive friendly staff. Awesome pool area with excellent vista of sea , overlooked by iconic fish sculpture. Exceedingly comfortable beds.

I had the best time it was perfect and can't wait to go back again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I thought the food and drink in the hotel was expensive but lots of options on the beach.

The location was perfect, great restaurants and beach all within easy walking distance. The staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay there again, would love to take the kids.

For the paid value the customer has to get much much more!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Far too expensive for what you have. You have to pay for a fast internet conection, but it doesn't work as fast as you expected for 25 €/ day. The windows of our room at the 15-th floor were dirty. The bath doesn't have a proper way to refresh the air after bath/shower, so, you will experience some dump air inside the room!!!

Good location, impressive sea view, nice flower decorations.

Great for business but not for vacation stays
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Panoramic Sea View

No balcony rooms available. The so-called Deluxe-Room was a nice standard room not worth the money. No direct beach access. An excellent business hotel, but not recommendable for vacation stays.

Excellent seaview. Nice Pool area. VERY nice and assisting employees they live GUEST SERVICES. I may name Concierge Carlos, Guestrelation Andrea and Fabienne, Bellboy Samuel. GREAT COMPLIMENTS.

A fantastic ( if expensive) stay in a superb hotel .
    • King or Double Room with Panoramic View

I can't think of anything which could have been improved upon.

The staff are absolutely first class - this is the second time we have stayed here (last time 10 years ago) and both times we have been very impressed. The bed was beautifully comfortable and enormous!

Luxury hotel with excellent service
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

I was surprised that breakfast was not included in the price. Also, it was noisy on the 21st floor, due to city traffic which started around 8am.

I stayed in this hotel, which is well outside my usual price range, because it was the only place available when I arrived late at night due to a delayed flight. Staff were very friendly and accomodating and the room super comfortable. The view was spectacular! Also, the checkout process was very smooth despite a lot of people who wanted to leave at the same time.

Room was great, bed very comfortably and excellent bathroom.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Entrance to hotel very unimpressive, having to go up in a lift, then into the hotel itself. Very disappointing there is no direct access to the beach from the hotel.

Room was great, bed very comfortably and excellent bathroom. However, the storage was very limited, and the only full length mirror was by the door, there was no dressing table and no mirrors at all in the room for make up etc.

Fabulous
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

I was under the Impression the Hotel has a dedicated beach when I booked it. Which unfortunately was not the case.

The rooms are amazing, have a fantastic view and are large.

Great Location & friendly hotel, however the noise level was a big disappointment
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

The noise level heard inside our suite from outside was extremely loud between the hours of 01.00-05.00 & sleeping was difficult & at times impossible not what we had expected from a 5 Star property

Great Location

Relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Breakfast not included in room rate. - Spa facilities such as steam room and sauna not included in room rate given the 5 Star rating of the hotel.

- Hotel room well furnished and comfortable. View from 16th floor down to beach and to Barcelona old town fantastic. - Sandy beach very close and short walk to nearest underground station. Good connection in to Barcelona town centre. - Outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi in lovely setting. Relaxation area spacious. - Gardens well looked after. - Staff very friendly and helpful.