Reviews of Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel 5 stars

Rotonda del Fuego. Tierra Mítica, 03509 Finestrat, Spain

#5 of 17 hotels in Finestrat

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Mostly great, but still room for improvement. Would definitely go back though!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just little things really, like the gym being a bit small and too hot, the food at the Zen restaurant was very average, there wasn’t really enough sun loungers for how many people were staying there - either that or people were reserving them and getting away with it, and running out of the ingredients to make a strawberry daiquiri isn’t great fit a 5 star hotel at £400 per night.

The hotel itself is fantastic. The gardens are stunning and pools amazing. The resort is pretty large with plenty of bars and restaurants so there isn’t really much need to leave.

Fantastic hotel with amazing gardens
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

What a beautiful hotel, from the room, to the gardens and pools to the restaurants. And of course the staff who couldn't do enough for you. Amazing resort, immaculately clean and well maintained. We will return

dissapointing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

no decent spa,paid a lot for the hotel but had to pay extra for sauna which was nothing special,the restaurants were closed only buffet restaurant open when we wanted to use thai restaurant so we ate in our room. Just didn't meet my expectations sorry.

food in buffet was nice

Perfect stay on the most perfect 5***** hotel we ever stayed on. Nothing compares to this hotel!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just the best 5***** hotel I ever stayed on. We loved it! Staff were so nice...OMG!. Cleaning people too. Just everything so perfect. Our room was always checked and cleaned when we were out. So every time we turned back to our hotel room it was super shine with this perfect smell. This is the first time I really feel hotel staff love their jobs with a smile on their face and focusing on only one thing....that is: you as their guest having the best stay ever.

2nd stay and will be back

Obviously Benidorm is to be avoided. Important to note that weekends at the hotel are very full!

The pools are beautiful and the perfect temperature. The gardens are exotic and stunning. Great massages at the spa. Very good food. Excellent staff and service !

A wonderful anniversary in paradise
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

After a day of lounging and eating and drinking there could have been more 'to do' in the evening.. some form of entertainment rather than more lounging and eating and drinking!

The bed! Amazing. We stayed in it so long we missed breakfast! The Thai massage was wonderful, the pools and delicious cocktails, all 5*

The garden is absolutely gorgeous.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The fact that we booked a couple of days and our first day we could not get one Asian dish available. The Asian restaurant was closed and only the buffet was open. Which was a Spanish night buffet. And the Spanish restaurant was open. Also in the snack bar or the pool restaurant is no Asian food available. I think that is where there’s loads of room for improvement. If you take an Asian hideaway 5 star hotel in Asian style. There must be an overload of Asian food. I would suggest to have only Asian restaurants like Thai, Japanese, Indonesian, Chinese etc. And only the buffet Spanish for example. And the snack bar. Come on how easy is dim sum, yakitori and Springrolls? That for us was a reason to shorten our stay. As in Benidorm there was nothing classy at all! No if You want your guest to feel like they’re in Asia food is number 1 as well!

The garden is absolutely gorgeous. No doubt about it. The pools are so beautiful. You feel you’re somewhere is Asia. The main pool is not heated but it was def not too cold. The other pools are heated so for cooler days you have an option. We had some concerns I describe them in the other part. But Sergio the manager was one of the sweetest managers I met in Spain. He did all the effort to manage we were satisfied! Very profesional young man!

Nice heated outdoor pool.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very over priced, I’ve stayed at a few 5* and this wasn’t good. Cost me €1.250 for 2 night with food and drink. Not good value.

Nice heated outdoor pool.

It’s been a fantastic experience, exceeding all expectations.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It’s been a fantastic experience, exceeding all expectations. The hotel is simply beautiful and all the staff members very professional, pleasant and always available. The service was exceptional. We had an amazing time in this magical hotel. We will come back and certainly recommend Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa.

Great pools, rooms nice but dark unless you sprung for a sea...
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

It was very expensive for all drinks, water and food. The Bonsai bar was terrible with a giant screen nightly blasting out a Springsteen concert!

Great pools, rooms nice but dark unless you sprung for a sea view

Beautiful hotel and friendly staff but attention to detail would make it better.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

We emailed ahead to let them know we were vegan and we were assured that vegans were catered for. Once we arrived veganism seemed like an alien concept to all the staff. We ended up having to go into Benidorm to eat as the buffet only had two side dishes that we could eat so wasn’t good value for money at all. It would have been helpful if they had warned us that the Thai restaurant was closed on Sundays as this would have given us more choice. If we’d known we would have booked another night to stay. The breakfast buffet had nothing interesting for vegans but to be fair the chef went overboard to help. We suggested vegan French toast but ended up with banana on toast but we still appreciated the effort. The other thing that really riled me was an 11 Euro juice that wasn’t freshly made. I don’t mind paying that much in a five star hotel if it’s the real thing but premixed is a joke at that price. I only discovered this when I asked for it without the orange juice. So at first they said they couldn’t do it. But then said they could juice the apples, carrot and ginger. But what came back suddenly had milk in it (even though we’d just had a discussion with the waitress about vegan options for food - of which there were none in the pool restaurant). I ended up with water as the filler which made it tasteless. I have no idea why it needed a filler if it was supposedly a fresh juice? Finally, the spa is a rip-off. 20 euros an hour per person for what is essentially a spa that is a pool and a steam room. There are other pools that can be used on site so you’re essentially paying for the steam room. What a joke.

The hotel itself is beautiful and the grounds are stunning. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Lovely restful hotel which stumbled over two small things, meaning I left not well slept and cranky!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

INtrusively loud Asian music played almost constantly and our superior double suite rooms were so near the lifts and main corridors, the music kept me awake! Despite asking for it to be turned off / down. I think the second night it was turned off on my request at midnight but was back playing by 7am!!!! The four Room magnetic key card style "keys" issued were supposed to open both of our adjacent rooms (No adjoining rooms available.) Only one card ever opened both, and some didn't work at all. In a two night stay we went through three separate rounds of fresh key cards. So irritating!

Lovely landscaping, great spa, lovely restaurants, good kids club. great heated pools (two)

Memorable experience!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My wife and I had an amazing experience at this wonderful spa resort. It was a surprise birthday present for her. I asked if we could have a bottle of prosecco ready in our room and it was beutifully arranged. We will definitely come back again!! Thank you!

Really lovely, friendly officiant staff. The outside garden areas so beautiful, loved the walks .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I am a vegitarian, in the Black restaurant no vegitarian choice. The lack of handles on the shower and toilet doors very difficult to use. The holes in the wardrobe doors difficult to open.

Lovely comfy bed. Bathroom lovely. Swimming pool outside wonderfully heated. Spa ... Turkish Bath and pool lovely. Gardens absolute paradise!!

Amazing location, the views from the room, the gardens,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing negative except the slightly confusing navigation menu of the hotel’s website for booking the spa, and any extra services.

Amazing location, the views from the room, the gardens, great selection at breakfast!

Lovely garden, beautiful outdoor (summer) pools and views.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

A 5 star spa facility without a proper indoor pool... The staff is good but many of them seems to be a bit stressed. Not very relaxed hospitality.

Lovely garden, beautiful outdoor (summer) pools and views. Good breakfast.

Surroundings and gardens absolutely stunning, as was the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit average for this standard of hotel, good size, good bed and bathroom, but a bit tired. It was fine, but, I would have expected more 'Wow' for it to be in keeping with the rest of the resort

Surroundings and gardens absolutely stunning, as was the main hotel building and décor. Food also great in the buffet restaurant (didn't try the a la carte restaurants - no need)

Amazing stay, lack quality staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff their english was very very poor which led to lots of miscommunication. The service level could be higher. For a hotel that dares to rate 500 euro's per night, the staff needs some proper english courses. The hotel is very miserly, they ask 2 euro per person each time they seat you in one of their restaurants? Also checking out 2 hours later will cost you 45 euros extra per hour. I honestly believe this shows low service for an expensive hotel, very greedy attitude. When I mentioned the staff speaks poorly english for an expensive hotel, the lady at the desk awkwardly agreed and that was it. No apology or some sort of solution. Don't get me wrong, I would definatly recommend this hotel; but service is so important, especially when you pay the price the expectations are high and when not met, this results in big disappointments.

The location is absolutely beautiful, amazing garden, great pools. Beds comfortable, nice bathroom. The accommodation is great and the food is moderate to good.

Loved the hotel and resort. Would definitely stay there again!
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Hot meals are not offered after midnight for room service. Only salads and snacks, not even sandwiches. No light in the shower. Bed is very light and moves at the slightest push.

The room was spacious with a nice terrace. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was huge. The staff were extremely nice and helpful.

Every enjoyable, although we felt the ambiance was spoiled by the amount and noise of children!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not enough loungers for the size of the complex, more adult only areas required, especially around the pool! Our room wasn't made before 15:30 2 out of the 4 days of our stay. We had to go one day and ask for the room to be cleaned! Breakfast was chaos, we were directed to the adult only restaurant, to find tables not prepared, when observing the staff, they seemed to spend more time getting tea and coffee for guests when this facility was self service with a very good Nespresso machine, than clearing tables ready for other guests arriving for breakfast! The cracks started to show in the service when busy!

The staff on arrival were excellent. The room was beautiful. The grounds were amazing. The food in all the bars and restaurants was very good.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Fantastic place and desk staff - however, have the Buffet and stay away from the Thai Restaurant.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Thai Restaurant - great food utterly spoiled by disinterested staff and then they ran out of Wine ???? 25 minutes with a dry table.

Excellent staff on desk. Luxury feel.

Okay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would not rate this hotel as a 5 star as the selection of dining options was not great, only 3 restaurants one buffet which was also used for breakfast and a Thai and fine dining. We dined at the Thai restaurant one night and we expected the wow factor as this was the overall theme of the hotel, however we're very disappointed. During the day the staff did not come around the pool and offer bar service we had to go up to the bar and order drinks.

The Spa was excellent and the gardens were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Overpriced and underwhelming service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In short, the staff and the facilities were both lacking. I was particularly disgusted with my treatment by a staff member on the final day of my stay. The night before I was due to leave a sign was posted saying the large main pool area was closed reading "renovations to under go improvements for the guests". This was not true. The hotel was booked for a large convention at the expense of its other guests. Not only was the large main pool closed, but the central snack bar beside the pool area was closed as well. The other snack location was closed early to facilitate this convention and furthermore by 6pm the only location that should have been open for food, the bonsai bar, was closed again to facilitate the convention. Despite calling prior to my trip and advising staff that I would be around the hotel for the day post check out I was never advised that I would not be able to get food that day. For a five star hotel i found this to be an absolute disgrace. When i asked a staff member where i could get food they simply shrugged and said everywhere is closed. They didnt offer any alternatives and had little to no interest in my problem. To make things worse when sitting in the lobby trying to figure out with my partner where we were going to eat (i have a gluten intolerance so this can be difficult) i was approached by a horrifically rude staff member. She came over and asked what time will i be checking out. Bare in mind this was 6pm and the latest check out is 2. This was an intimidation tactic by this woman who wanted to have myself and my partner leave to, as she said, facilitate their "exclusive convention". When i advised her that i had already checked out her response was would you like someone to help you with your bags and get you a taxi, again reminding us of the convention. I felt terribly uncomfortable and immediately left. i have to say this really sealed the deal for me about this location.

I was terribly disappointed with my stay at asia gardens hotel but the hotel itself was aesthetically gorgeous and fairly easy to get to by bus from the airport at a low fare.

Beautiful hotel and tropical gardens.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Amazing hotel, beautiful grounds and the service is exceptional. The most relaxing hotel I've ever stayed in. Will definitely be returning very soon.

Loved this place !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We loved the ambience of the hotel and the staff were brilliant

We had an issue with Ants on our first night and we were rapidly moved to another room professionally and efficiently

Paradise.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

I've said before it would be nice to have tea making facilities in the rooms.

The smell The atmosphere The staff The rooms The pools Everything, it's my favourite hotel!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

A little touch of heaven.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a long way from all facilities including shops and alternative eating places. As food was very expensive this was a problem. No public transport and taxis very expensive. Despite this, I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Beautiful peaceful hotel with lovely food and heated pools

A relaxing chilling Hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better. The hot food except eggs, cooked to your needs, was cold. The tea was cold. We asked for coffee because of the cold tea and cups were not brought. Had to get our own. The clearing of the tables were very very slow. Thought it quite out of order to charge for a seat in the restaurants. Especially as you are staying here.

The continental breakfast was great. The Asia restaurant amazing. The hotel is extremely clean and the Spa is wonderful!!! The room and bed were outstanding. Good idea to have an adult only pool. Reception very customer focused. Also security at the gate.

Amazing garden, very well arranged and maintained.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

With such a big spa focus at the facility, I would have appreciated also indoor pool options. A bit over priced services.

Amazing garden, very well arranged and maintained. Separate children/adult area. Good breakfast. Top staff.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Outstanding hotel, but some issues to improve
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

evening dinner at idaipur buffet are not mediterranean food as expected. Spicy asian food is all around. Wifi coverage is very poor, not even inside the lobby.

polite staff quite customer oriented

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nice but doesn't really stand out.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing particularly special and food expensive for what it was

Bedrooms were nice, if not outstanding. Gardens mature and pool areas nice. Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great relaxing place to stay, just few km away from Benidorm.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Employees willing to help but sense that they had a more loose attitude to the one they should have.

Amazing place to go for relaxation, prices though are to the higher end.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

beautiful hotel but needs more staff for guests to be able to use and enjoy the spa
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food and drinks overpriced. For a spa break the spa required more staff so they could offer treatments to guests. For a spa hotel they need to improve on this area. Spa should not shut for 2 hours 2-4 pm. More times and sessions made available to guests for yoga and classes.

Swimming pools were great. Bedroom and bed very luxurious. Spa treatment very good. Grounds beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurants are far too expensive for what they serve. The "zen" restaurant serves very poor food and expensive. A frozen pizza costs about 20 euros. Not all restaurants are open everyday. Overall restaurants are not at the quality expected of a 5 star hotel, only the "in-black" restaurants was nice but you have to pay the price. Breakfast is average. Access to the pool in the SPA costs 20 EUR per hour...never seen that in a 5 star hotel. Overall the hotel is not as exclusive and peaceful as we expected, you have to know it is a big resort with (especially at peak season) many children and sometimes groups talking loudly and drinking by the pool. We will not go back.

The design and layout (several swimming pools) of the hotel with the gardens are wonderful and well maintained. We really felt being in Asia. We got upgraded in a deluxe superior room, we had no balcony but the room was very comfortable and clean. The personal at reception was very helpful. We discovered the "zen" pool, a bit more calm than the other ones but still children admitted.

Almost everything.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Terrible coffee, one very rude waitress, being charged for cutlery.

Almost everything.

Pools
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Shortage of staff, it takes you a while to get your service.

Pools

A short trip to paradise
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful location, friendly staff, awesome pools and a nice place to disconnect from the rest of the world.

brilliant
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

perfect setting in the gardens

Love to go back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food superb. We were half board - wine/beer and soft drinks included. Children loved the kids club. Bedrooms lovely.

• Suite

Amazing you would think you where in Thailand

Nice heated pool.

Nice heated pool...

It was a surprise for my partners 60th birthday, and it was his decision to leave very early.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Food was pretty limited and not that good. Weather was against us too.

The room was very nice and modern.

Relaxing

Grounds needed attention

breakfast did not meet expectation of 5 stars hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

breakfast did not meet expectation of 5 stars hotel.......juices from tetra brick and more...

Pure, relaxing luxury
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The gym was poorly equipped with the only weights machine broken

The gardens, grounds and pool.

Wonderful hotel, beautiful gardens with secret places to sun bathe.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not suitable for disabled visitors.

Great breakfasts and dinner buffets.

Amazing

The whole experience!

Heaven on earth
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Best holiday, heaven, staff excellent, rooms exquisite

relaxing stay in wonderful hotel with a great garden
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very nice garden, excellent pools with relaxing areas, comfortable beds, very good food and very friendly staff

Beautiful hotel would go again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The grounds are excellent. Pools are beautiful. It’s very tranquil and relaxing. Food was very good.

All

All

It was perfect in every way from the moment we arrivec
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I could not stay any longer

Everything it was paradise in spain

Lovely relaxing stay. Would recommend
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fabulous setting and service.

Always very pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Price for buffet dinner is high!

Very relaxing atmosphere and much attention to details. Love the meditation!

Breakfast was not good enough for a hotel of such standards

Breakfast was not good enough for a hotel of such standards

Perfect getaway
    • Suite

The staff were helpful and friendly. The setting was amazing.

The room was perfecto the bed large with plenty of pillows and sound proofed. Volveré estoy seguro
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything was five stars the staff the facilities breakfast

Beautiful, relaxing, magical.

Amazing ambiance,Thai massage & food

Beautiful gardens and pools, nice room, family room, good...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not many restaurants open and some open late

Beautiful gardens and pools, nice room, family room, good food

The Barcelo is a delightful Spanish symphony

Having to leave !

Fabulous hotel, food and facilities are highest standards...

Food wasn't great for the really expensive price tag!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food wasn't great for the really expensive price tag!

Nice gardens and outdoors concept

This is simply not a 5 stars property

Nice gardens and outdoors concept

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Special place not where u would expect it

Koi Sami restaurant food

Calm eating

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

We can only explain in one word,
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We could not fault anything, it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in.

We can only explain in one word, EXCELLENT

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

too far away from town

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Ok
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

To dark in the evenings Buffet was terrible breakfast & dinner

The resort Location Ambiance

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

On the whole a good hotel, but food and drink expensive.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food and drinks very expensive, as was the massage (106 Euro for an hour).

Good breakfast, good selection on buffet

outstanding 4 day break
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The comfy bed, friendly staff, beautiful surroundings and exceptional restaurants

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Pool area - more than one pool, lots of places to choose...

Spa facilities - make more affordable Not enough space around heated adult pool - very few beds which were always "reserved" Main pool very cold but couldn't get a bed around heated pool so didn't use pool at all during stay

Pool area - more than one pool, lots of places to choose from Restaurant Koh Samui Comfortable Rooms - lovely big bathroom Security of complex

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Overall quality and helpfulness of staff.

Lack of a snack facility near the pool. Slow omelette service a breakfast with only one egg chef at busy times.

Overall quality and helpfulness of staff.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The hotel grounds , pools and spa were amazing !

We paid £1500 for 3 nights for a suite which wasn't much better than a standard room plus we had ants in the bath , bedroom & bed.

The hotel grounds , pools and spa were amazing !!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

The beds were very comfy and the rooms were clean!

The hotel was a little far out, but we hired a car so it made it easier to take a trip out. It was Easter the only time we could have off work, so we did experience quite a lot of noise from children - during breakfast & sometimes in the adult only pool area. The parents are the the ones to blame.

The beds were very comfy and the rooms were clean! The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. We took the opportunity to use the Thai spa and we both had an excellent massage which was very beneficial.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Staff very friendly but depending on who you spoke to got different answers ie: We Phoned reception to ask if we could get 3 pin plug to charge mobile phones as the room sockets were all 2 pins. We were advised that a lot of people have come from the uk so they don't have any left. We Went to reception later on in the day and at the customer care desk asked the same question again and 2 plugs were delivered to our room while we went out for a drive. Weather really bad on the second day we were there and not much to do in the hotel.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful gardens and very well maintained.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Although we went out of season the hotel facilities were all...

Absolutely nothing to dislike!

Although we went out of season the hotel facilities were all still available albeit rotating each day. This is one of those rare occassions when you are so impressed with a hotel you just want to go back for more.

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.