Reviews of Hotel Astur Plaza 3 stars

Plaza España, 2, 24700 Astorga, Spain

#5 of 12 hotels in Astorga

9.7

Pleasant, convenient and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would always be nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in your room

Very helpful girl at reception. Great location and adjoining restaurant which offer a pilgrims meal deal.

Best stay of my camino

This hotel had full sized tubs (and stoppers) and consistent hot water, which was exactly what I needed after walking 40 km on that camino that day. Staff were friendly with advice of where to eat and what to see. They even allowed me to keep my bag behind their desk for several hours the morning after I checked out to allow me to experience the city more.

Second time of staying here on this trip.

Second time of staying here on this trip. Sensible parking policy re motorbikes, per bay not per motorcycle, good breakfast, good location, helpful nice staff, easy check in/out. Perfect

The location in Plaza Mayor.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we did not like.

The location in Plaza Mayor. The complimentary mini bar. The adjoining restaurant. The BIG screen to watch the World Cup!

Great position, good restaurant, easy secure parking with a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great position, good restaurant, easy secure parking with a sensible policy on motorcycle parking, charged by the spaces not the amount of bikes, which is how it should be. Easy check in, keys waiting to allocated rooms, great breakfast nothing to dislike what so ever.

Great place if walking the Camino, clean, nice kitchen and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great place if walking the Camino, clean, nice kitchen and shower. 5 min from town but loved that the owner should us a shortcut back to the Camino.

Wonderful hotel and town! Hope to come back soon.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only 'discomfort' - town hall bells ringing during the night.

Staff was wonderful! Location on Camino de Santiago was great. Family stayed 2 days while on Camino - rest day.

My room was not on the town square--which was a good thing!

My room was not on the town square--which was a good thing! I didn't get awakened by the church bell all night like some friends in another room did. Also, the restaurant/bar on the square was lovely!

Location was in the middle of the old town and close to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was in the middle of the old town and close to everything. The staff was extremely friendly and took care of our forward backpacks so we did not have to place a call. We are walking the Camino and sometimes a hotel is just what we need. This was a treasure for us.

Do not stay here if you are a light sleeper. Lovely place but those bells!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bells. Opposite room huge church bells. Go all night.

Really comfortable bed and large room. Friendly receptionist. He also spoke reasonable English.

Great location and my room had fabulous view.

Poor WiFi coverage- the staff said this was a temporary problem

Great location and my room had fabulous view. Good choice st buffet breakfast. Really helpful staff

Friendly Hotel in an excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

Overall I liked this property though decor a bit dated

Excellent location. Friendly staff. Nice room . Food was good too - great value Pilgrim Meal and breakfast was good too in a nicely lit room. I loved Astorga as a town to visit too

Convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room

The half glass door in the shower did not work very well and the bathroom got very wet when you showered.

The location is in the city center and easy to access other sites from there. A number of restaurants are right outside the hotel in the square.

Great location and nice room!
    • Double or Twin Room

Marisa I believe that’s the correct name of the lady at the front desk is fantastic. She was very helpful to us and spent a good deal of time helping us with future accommodations.

Staff were welcoming and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were welcoming and helpful. Room was amazing. We looked down on the main square and the double doors were fantastic in shutting out the dongs from the nearby clock at night. Totally recommend it, especially if you’re walking the Camino and need a night away from the crowded albergues. Buen Camino.

Right on the Plaza Mayor
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pretty basic and if we stayed again, we would skip it and head to a cafe.

Fantastic location, and if you are driving, the Booking.com address for the parking was accurate and easy to find. The room itself was a lounge with a separate bedroom and bathroom. All very comfortable and very clean. Lovely room temperature too. Staff were lovely. We also loved the hotel's bar.

Nice town hotel, do bring earplugs
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The city of Astorga likes to keep its visitors sleepless. (1) Automated banging of trash cans, all day and all night, aka 'city bells'. (2) From 0700 to 0745 the square and streets are cleaned, which sounded to us like a decent-sized UFO repeatedly trying to land on the plaza. Not much the hotel can do about these things, of course... Staff IS very friendly and helpful.

Large room, big and comfortable bed, very friendly staff. Parking below the hotel. By Spanish standards, the restaurant is very decent as well. The Gaudi palace nearby is a must-see.

Great location, facilities, breakfast buffet and very nice staff.

Nothing to dislike.

Excellent location and very kind staff. Spacious and very clean room and bathroom. Had a wonderful view from the balcony over the square. Double windows made it quiet even being facing the square. Very good buffet breakfast. Great place to stay and rest while walking the St James Way or if you are visiting Astorga.

A very good choice. Good location, nice room.

Everything was fine

A very good deal is the menu of the day option in the hotel restaurant. We normally avoid hotel restaurants, but this was a nice exception.

The incredibly warm friendly greeting we received and the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a communication problem at dinner but they were most apologetic

The incredibly warm friendly greeting we received and the help we were given. The room was wonderful too and the breakfast the next day was great too. Position was perfect in the main square.

Great hot breakfast!

I loved everything! Incredible location in the best part of town!

Great hot breakfast! Clean and super quiet rooms! Comfy beds great wáter pressure in shower. I walked the Camino without any technology (no cell phone or laptop or tablet) so I really appreciated that the hotel had a free computer in lobby I could use to send email updates to my family

Comfortable, safe, clean

Everything was great!

Nice hot shower and great water pressure. Comfy beds and very quiet rooms with and extra door separating the bedroom from the main entrance to the bedroom off the hall. Fantastic breakfast and super nice staff! The best possible location in the city right in the most historic section. I am walking the Camino and don’t have any cell phone, laptop, tablet or any technology with me, so I really appreciated the free computer in the lobby where I could check email.

Excellent location right on the Plaza.

Excellent location right on the Plaza. Very friendly staff especially Ana at front desk. Pilgrims menu table on the plaza. The breakfast buffet 6 Euro and worth every penny😊

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Lovely rooms. Really friendly helpful staff. Dined at the hotel’s restaurant sitting outside in the square, again excellent.

It was perfect.

The front desk was very helpful. Free minibar in the room for Pilgrims. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Good pberall experience. This is where I will always stay when I come tp Astorga.

Consistently great hotel

Nothing comes to mind!

The staff - both ladies I dealt with at reception were extremely professional and helpful, going above and beyond to help me sort out a problem when my luggage didn’t arrive. This was greatly appreciated after a long and tiring day on the camino. This is the third time I have stayed at the Astur on my Camino and I will always go back. Rooms are comfortable and overlook the plaza mayor which is great for people watching! The soundproofing is excellent and I couldn’t hear any noise from the plaza with the doors shut. Breakfast is delicious and very good value.

Nice place to end this year's Camino :-)

The breakfast (6 euros) is pricy, but it's a good value given the choice of items and the amount (self-serve). Not being a big breakfast person, I would have like a small alternative. Of course, there are several places on the plaza that do offer inexpensive desayuno if you want.

I had a room over-looking the plaza and had a ring-side seat to the Semana Santa festivities! And they helpfully let me in my room early (noon). Thank you!

A worthwhile 3-star hotel in a very charming town
    • Double or Twin Room

For being a 3-star hotel, it is very good. I liked everything.

The location could not be better. It is exactly in Astorga's main square. The room was silent and comfortable, simple but very nice.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Pilgrim-friendly too.

No complaints at all.

I loved this hotel. I dealt with 3 different ladies on the front desk and they were all extremely helpful and friendly and spoke English. The room was very quiet, comfortable and clean and the restaurant had excellent food. It was right on the main plaza so close to everything.

Beautiful place to stay, totally satisfied.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect for a pilgrim walking the Camino. The room was awesome, we had a little balcony overlooking the square. The reception personnel was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. We loved the place!!!

Right in the heart of Astorga and a wonderful place to stay while exploring this fascinating old cit
    • Double or Twin Room

Eben facing the plaza, the room was very quiet. Also the reception desk women were exceedingly helpful and booked accommodation for us on the Camino. Excellent food service and food too!

STAY THERE BUT DO NOT EAT THERE

Experience in restaurant was humilating : menu was limited, expensive and unhealthy. The lady in charge was unkind. I left.

Great helpful staff. Went out of their way to help in signifiant ways.

The location of this hotel in the town square is perfect.

Nothing to dislike here.

The location of this hotel in the town square is perfect. It was a Saturday night and the atmosphere of the town was vibrant with dance performances early on in the evening. All other attractions around the town are a short walk away from the hotel.

Little gem in Astorga - great Camino start.

No complaints at all.

The hotel manager was very friendly and helpful, even though we checked in around 23:00. She was just as bubbly when we checked out the next morning. She had travelled to South Africa before, which is our home country.

Front desk personnel.

I couldnt change the language on the American shows to english.

Front desk personnel. I made a mistake when booking and didn't change the dates. This meant that I was supposed to check the same day. I called and I was assured that I would have a room the next day there or at the sister hotel. I was able to stay there. I am so sorry I don't remember the name but I think it was Ms. Marissa. I know her name begins with an M. She is why this hotel received such a high rating. Don't get me wrong, it is perfect location and a beautiful place. However, she made the difference

Very nice hotel!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It can be a bit noisy on the square whatwith late night revellers partying til late and the clock chimes often so don't sleep with windows open

Lovely hotel set on the beautiful main square of Astorga. Lovely friendly staff! Nice large rooms and huge bathroom. Buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Bell of a place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

I had front room - avoid at all costs as town clock chimes throughout the night. I could not sleep which if you are paying get prices and on Camino you need a sleep.

Well looked after and clean with pleasant staff

Was given lovely room overlooking plaza.

All fine, very happy with this hotel.

Was given lovely room overlooking plaza. Staff super friendly and helpful. At dinner a birthday cake was produced for friend, lovely touch. Also the complimentary water and soft drinks for Camino pilgrims in the minibar.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Adequate but Gloomy. Free mini-bar!

The atmosphere of the hotel is a bit dark and gloomy. Not much light and the corridors are long and poorly lit. Kind of like that hotel in the Shining.

There was no breakfast but right next door there is an amazing breakfast place.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Nice place for a stopover

Hotel right on main square, room was spacious and quiet as it was at the back of the building. Staff friendly Lots of things to visit within walking distance. Lots of places for food.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Would have been good had the person on reception known the hours and location of the chocolate museum or mentioned to us that the Cathedral and Gaudi museum closed at 2pm. We arrived just after 1pm and could have visited these before they shut!

Location was great. As a pilgrim I appreciated the drinks in the mini bar being free and loved the bath.

a hog review '
    • Double or Twin Room

I speak English""a good survival command of portuguese""" this amounts to nothing here with many bar persons and people working in the tourist trade understanding neither,! I'm talking basics"!

Excellent under ground parking. The bar'restaurant "gave you a tapas sampler when you purchased a drink"" excellent tasters"

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Location - unbeatable in the main square.
    • Double or Twin Room

Garage parking very convenient but a tight squeeze - I'm glad there were only 3 cars in there.

Location - unbeatable in the main square. Modern rooms with a traditional feel. Fast wifi.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Astorga is a beautiful city. This hotel is located on the main square.

After breakfast the keycard didn't work. Staff solved this quickly.

Staff was very friendly, breakfast was excellent. I could leave my luggage at the reception after checking out. Good start of my camino!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Camino stop

Receptionist a bit surly at check-in, but other staff seemed fine.

Good sized room with comfortable bed. Excellent location in the main plaza and on the Camino route.

Concierge / Reception staff fluent in English and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Concierge / Reception staff fluent in English and extremely helpful and cheerful.

Great place to stay

Room was great. Staff were really helpful and the food in the restaurant was good value and good quality.

Breakfast was a little basic and church bells a little...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little basic and church bells a little annoying!

Gem of a place

We liked everything, fell in love with Astorga.

Astorga
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were friendly, great location and breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Location and staff

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good Hotel on the Main Plaza.

Good Hotel on the Main Plaza. All fine and clean. Excellent Breakfast. Windows sound proofed. Good Staff.

A very comfortable hotel with a spacious room.

Wifi was unreliable.

Lovely central location in the vibrant central square of the town.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I recommend

Everything including wi-fi and conditioning. Very quite room

No. 1 choice for Astorga

The welcome was so warm, the room spacious and comfortable and the buffet breakfast generous and delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Air conditioning, laundry service, excellent location, staff...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning, laundry service, excellent location, staff made an effort to accommodate us even though we arrived early.

Wonderful location and very friendly and helpful staff.

Wonderful location and very friendly and helpful staff. Great value and delicious breakfast with plenty of variety!

All in all well positioned and easy in all ways

Nothing really

All in all well positioned and easy in all ways

• Double or Twin Room

A very calm and inviting atmosphere! Everything was very clean and nice!! The staff were very friendly!!! This is a great place to stay!!!!!!!

In a great location with Astorga’s main plaza at your...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In a great location with Astorga’s main plaza at your doorstep.

The room and the view from our balcony

The room and the view from our balcony

Brilliant location, very clean and comfortable

Brilliant location, very clean and comfortable

The hotel and environs immerses you into the city's history.

No real complaints.

Very scenic location and not far from the Gaudi Palace and cathedral.

Very nice place.

Very central.

had great room overlooking square - clean- great selection...

had great room overlooking square - clean- great selection for breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The lady on reception was just delightful - excellent...

The lady on reception was just delightful - excellent English and lovely manner. The room was incredibly comfortable... and there was a bath!

The staff is outstanding!

Internet was down a few times but no big deal

The staff is outstanding!! They are the best in the hotel industry !!

Quiet rooms

Restaurant menu of the day was only ok

Quiet rooms Nice staff

It was where I stayed before

It was where I stayed before

Very good hotel in the heart of beautiful Astorga.

Very good hotel in the heart of beautiful Astorga. Excellent breakfast.

Lovely situation overlooking the main square
    • Double or Twin Room

The property is very central and looks over the square. A very comfortable stay. Exceptionally friendly staff at check in

Nice property with good location in Astorga
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was nice

Fantastic