Reviews of Atlantis by Atbcn 3 stars

#151 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great Location in the Vibrant Barcelona

all good

so central to the busy city of Barcelona. The Gothic Quarter, Museo Picasso, the Cathedral. Masses of shops, old and new so lots to explore in the little lanewaysThe Museum is a must if you want to walk the Roman Underground

Amazing location and great stay!

The hotel is quite old fashioned, but not a reason not to come back! The Wi-Fi was a bit weak.

Super helpful and friendly staff! Especially the guy that checked me in had even underlined on my booking confirmation form, all the requests I have made to the hotel, so that he could respond to them! And he did! The location of the hotel is perfect. Next to the Universitat metro station and very close to the placa Catalunya metro station and Las Ramblas. I have stayed in this area in the past and I think it is the best one. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was nice, with many choices. I would recommend it. They have a space to leave your luggage if your flight is later on the day. I was a bit sceptical when i booked this hotel because the price was too good to be true (for this specific area). However, I had a great stay and I would definitely recommend it.

Majority of breakfast was great.

Scrambled eggs at breakfast were aweful.

Majority of breakfast was great. Comfy room with balcony to street. Reception helpful and kept our bags locked away while we explored after checking out.

Reasonably priced and a great location for exploring Barcelona

I found the bed way too firm but my husband was happy with it - so it's just a matter of preference.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. When we had a problem with the room they responded immediately and remedied the situation. The rooms aren't large but they were very clean, with good linens and nice bathrooms. The breakfasts were okay, not great but okay. The location is terrific. Enough away from the Ramblas to be a bit quieter but close enough to feel in the very centre of things.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Best location , best value for money

Nothing I didn’t like.

Perfect location, clean, excellent breakfast. It was the best value for money we had for the 5 weeks that we traveled around Europe and israel.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Even though the hotel is not a new one, you can eaaily see...

Breakfast... please do something about it. It’s good as it is but there is no variety. I ate the same thinh every day, for 9 days lol

Even though the hotel is not a new one, you can eaaily see that it has its tradition and they are very careful with their customers. Location is amazing, 150 m walk from Las Ramblas, very clean rooms and a very big variety of amnities in the bathroom. It was excellent, we had the street view, when we closed the window there was no sounds, despite the fact that we were on a busy street.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great stay, I'd definitely return to this hotel.

I have no suggestions here as I was 100% satisfied with everything during my 4 night stay.

I was very happy that they accommodated my ad hoc request (so thank you for that). We felt very safe and secure in the hotel and the surrounding area. Breakfast was good - lots of options depending upon your breakfast preferences. Coffee was very good. Very helpful staff.

Slightly pricey hotel but improvement with breakfast timing required

The small room for the room rate. The breakfast spread was acceptable although limited in variety but the opening time could be earlier. 7.30 is late by hotel standards. The cutlery could be improved. We were given a cake forks and small knives.

We liked the central location and helpful staff who assisted with reprinting of cruise documents that was lost in a stolen backpack.

No conditioner in 35 degrees

This is our second time in this hotel and, unfortunately, we can't say it was comfortable or pleasant. We had our TV and conditioner completely broken, which wasn't good at all in 35 degrees at night. The conditioner only had two options - blow like a helicopter or "hold your bed if you want to stay on it". We had to turn it off completely to be able to sleep. Also, in the room 307 they managed to put a bed against the corridor wall, which was super noisy. There was no good sleep in this hotel right before our 38 hours' flight back home. We have advised their staff on our check-out and they asked why we didn't them. Well, this things should be checked before people's check-in as a standard cleaning routine. We realized that there is something wrong with the conditioner at about 12am and at that time we were just trying to get any sleep before our early check-out and it would take us at least an hour to pack our stuff again and move to another room.

Staff is very helpful and speak good English.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Location is perfect near the Catalunya and La Ramblas.

There is not a baby chair for breakfast.

Location is perfect near the Catalunya and La Ramblas. Also rooms are very clean. Breakfast is delicious although an European Culture. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. I stayed here with my wife and 11 months baby. Baby’s bed is comfortable also our bed too. Thank you for everything

Barcelona is a great place to visit however I found the city dirtier and less safe.

Breakfast was basic and a lady of the staff there moody.

The hotel is in the heart of the city. The aerobus takes you from the airport to the city centre in not more than ten fifteen minutes and if you get off at Universitat stop you are a minute walk away from the hotel. La Rambla and plaza Catallunya are three minutes away. Universitat and Pl. Catalunya Metro stations within one and three minutes walk respectively. We arrived at eight in the morning and were checked in right away. The hotel room was a bit small but clean and quiet with a great a view to the street. Polite and friendly staff. Safe area. I would definitely stay there again.

Nice hotel
    • Single Room - Interior

Air conditioner in my room was heavily leacking - I had to put a towel under it.

I stayed just one night here. Nice hotel, clean, very centrally located.

Would definitely stay here again

Hotel bar wasn't open when we tried to go down for a drink on both occasions.

Breakfast was superb, staff were extremely polite and friendly. Location was perfectly located in the centre of Barcelona walking distance from everything.

The location was better than I realized it would be.

The location was better than I realized it would be. The staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to help with an unexpected request I made. I recommend this hotel.

The location was perfect, right next to a Metro and a bus...
    • Single Room - Interior

WiFi was a little choppy, sometimes it worked perfectly fine, sometimes I had to go to a different floor to connect and then go back to my room and sometimes it wouldn’t work at all

The location was perfect, right next to a Metro and a bus stop to the airport, it was clean and the staff was kind

Decent choice in the heart of Barcelona

Room with old furniture, not nice view and no balcony.

-The room and the bathroom were clean and spacious. Two guests can stay very comfortably. -The staff was very helpful and could speak English. -Breakfast was satisfactory with some variety, fresh and tasty. -Good wifi connection. -The hotel is in great location close to piazza Catalunya and metro station and the street was silent. Close to the hotel you can eat well in good prices.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

one staff was very helpful

old room, old air conditioning

one staff was very helpful unfortunately, not everyone, though. breakfast is okay, not great location is good room was roomy overall not bad for price i guess?

The position was fantastic!

The rooms need a little refurbishment and they are older than what they look in the photos.

The position was fantastic! Just a 2 mins walk from plaza Cataluña! I’d choose it again just for the position!

I would have prefered some sunlight. We had a room with blinded windows that we couldn't even open

Perfect location and the breakfast was more than sufficient. The rooms were clean

Good, rather old fashioned hotel with excellent breakfast choice.

Room a little on the gloomy side and the view was of the back of buildings behind the hotel, so felt a bit overlooked when curtains were open. We struggled to make the air conditioning behave (complicated controls in Spanish.....it probably worked fine).

Good sized room with very comfortable bed. Excellent choice at breakfast. Front desk staff were helpful, although we didn't have much contact with them.

Great hotel, I would recommend it to anyone

I liked the place a lot, it was very near Catalynua sqaure and very central with lots of transportation around. The room was spacious enough and the bathroom was very clean. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet that they had everyday.

great hotel

NOTHING.

- Great location. - Freindly staff. - fast internet. - sparkling clean. - rooms for smokers. for a 3 stars hotel, I'm impressed. highly recommended.

Good hotel in central position

Breakfast was standard, not particular impressive

Great position, very central and just few minutes walking from La Rambla, Placa Catalunya and Placa de la Universitat. The rooms facing the street can be quite noisy.

Great choice for a city break, would definitely recommend and would stay there again.

Personally I couldn't find any faults with this hotel We were at the back of the building, maybe it would have been noisier on the main street. Remember its a 3*, so don't expect 5* luxury.

Excellent location at the start of La Rambla. Five minute walk from the Aerobus and public transport. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great room size , mini bar was well stocked and reasonably priced. Nice selection at breakfast, for two vegetarians as well.

Good location.

Wifi speed in the room and the sitting area of my floor was unacceptable and prevented me from working effectively. WC area of the first floor should be cleaner

Good location. Decent breakfast.

Definitly I'll come again

slow internet and the fridge not cold.

I don't need more than a great location, clean room and especially a reasonable price in this part of Barcelona, just a few steps and you will find yourself in plaza de catalunia and the famous La Rambla street. In front of the hotel a 2 supermarkets open 24 hours. the staff are so kind and the breakfast is much enough to starting my day. Of course highly recommended.

Fantastic enjoyed the experience.

Beware of the taxi drivers charging to much, ask the price before you get into the cab.

The location is excellent, so close to the Rambla, Catalonia Square also is close for people wishing to do all the tours .

Perfect location, only a couple of blocks from Plaça de...

Perfect location, only a couple of blocks from Plaça de Catalunya and the Ramblas. Room comfortable. Breakfast excellent with lots of choices and cappuccino. Reasonable price, for Barcelona.

Top location

The decor could use a little revamping but you'll probably not spend a lot of time indoors anyway.

Very close to Las Ramblas, all sorts of shops around, pharmacy and mini-market across the street, ATM literaly 5 steps away. The staff is super friendly. Although in the city center it is still very quiet at night (my room was facing the back of the building). Loved the scrambled eggs for breakfast.

We stayed here before and after a cruise vacation with our friends and family.

Barcelona is well worth a visit, we enjoyed the food and tourist spots. Traveling with 25 people on a cruise vacation we were told to watch out for pick pockets which we all were prepared for but still one woman in our group had her bag stolen so be careful.

Nice clean hotel in a great location with a very friendly staff. A basic but good continental breakfast buffet was served. Rooms have nice bathrooms and AC .

Great location, decent hotel

The shampoo and shower gel came in packets, not very convenient to use as others have also mentioned. And is seems like the hotel is getting old (the furniture, bathrooms etc.) and will be needing a renovation soon.

The hotel's location is very central, a very short walk to Plaça Catalunya, Passeig de Gracia and La Rambla. Very close to metro and bus stations. The size and cleanliness of the room was ok. Air conditioner and shower was working properly. Breakfast was quite good. The staff is friendly and helpful. Overall a quite comfortable and decent central city hotel. Recommended for a few nights trip.

I absolutely loved this hotel.

Although the room had a balcony that I loved, I didn't enjoy the smoke that came from others that were smoking in the balcony. We were actually woken up in the morning with the smell of smoke, and we thought that there was a fire somewhere. That's the only thing not to like about the hotel.

I absolutely loved this hotel. The room was big enough for two people, and the bathroom was super nice! The room was very comfortable, and the front desk was very helpful. We arrived after midnight, but the service was still top-notch! The breakfast had a decent number of options as well. I was able to check out late, which was great for me as well.

Awesome

The property was vert centrally located and they had very good amenities in their room. The minibar was reasonably priced and the service was top notch. When I was checking out early they provided us with a take away breakfast.

Very conventiently located, right near La Rambla.

Not the best amenities in the bathroom - shampoo and shower gel came in packets, not bottles.

Very conventiently located, right near La Rambla. Decent sized room. Very helpful staff (they suggested the nearby airport bus instead of an early morning taxi and it worked out great). Although housekeeping was a little slow (late) in coming to our room. Decent breakfast, though not the best ambience. I had to leave before breakfast started and they prepared a to-go bag!

Good spot

bath is so small, average wifi.

Just in city centre near Las Ramblas, placa catalunya and la boqueria. Staff is very kind. Good breakfast. Would recommend this place.

Good value and excellent location!

Furniture in the room could use some updating. Furniture in the lounge area off of the bar area is pretty run down and could also use some updating.

The hotel location is beyond excellent. Price for the room with breakfast included was a super value. It was nice to be able to grab a quick breakfast before heading out. Also greatly appreciated being able to check in early as I was traveling with my sister who is currently 5 months pregnant. Housekeeping staff was really nice and kept the room nice and clean.

High value

It seems from the entrance a small hotel not very nice, but inside the room are very welcoming. Better than it seems. The location is perfect ! I'll go there also next time in Barcelona.

A great place to stay in Barcelona

We stay at Atlantis every time we are in Barcelona. The staff is outstanding, rooms are comfortable and very clean, and the location is wonderful close to Las Ramblas and Placa Catalunya.

Excellent location, very helpful staff, good hot breakfast,...

The luggage room is open to too many people, only known staff should access this room, as it becomes a potential asecurity hazard in the eyes of airline staff.

Excellent location, very helpful staff, good hot breakfast, comfortable modern room.

The location, close to catyluna Plaza was good.

The whole place was like a step back into the 70s - magnolia paint, very dated and useless hairdryer and tinned pineapple at breakfast!

The location, close to catyluna Plaza was good. Service at reception was good. Spacious room and good to see tea and coffee facilities available

A great hotel in Barcelona

Wonderful - well located - hotel and a great value in Barcelona. Staff took care of many details and there were plenty of amenities for the bathroom as well as a kettle with accoutrements. Breakfast was included in our rate plan, and it was lovely: lots of ham ( !!) with a hot dish, plenty of breads, fruits and juice as well. Tough to find decent lodging at this price point-- HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Thanks for a great stay!

Ok

The hotel is old and dingy. The room is fine but could use more light and a cost of paint. This is not a 3 star hotel. I’d rate it a two star at most. If you’re there for 1 night you might accept its shortcomings but when you’re there for a week it’s not acceptable

Bed and shower

The room was great and the hotel is exactly in the city...
    • Single Room - Interior

I would have rated this hotel a 10/10 but in the morning I saw a small bug under the sink which totally freaked me out.

The room was great and the hotel is exactly in the city center. I had a great time.

Location is perfect.

Price :( Unfortunately comparing with overall quality I can say that the hotel is expensive. I think it's because of the popularity of the city.

Location is perfect. Only few steps from Pl. Catalunya. Furnitures are a bit old but clean. All staff are always smiling and helpful, reception, restaurant and room service. Breakfast is also good, there are not a a lot of options but it's tasty.

The room is great for a 3 starts hotel and the location is...

Breakfast is just a mess with people grabbing things with the hands... The person on the check-in was really rude.

The room is great for a 3 starts hotel and the location is great.

The breakfasts were great!

The breakfasts were great! We appreciated that the staff was willing to put together a breakfast package when we went on a day trip outside of Barcelona. The location was perfect because it was near all of the sites we were wanting to see and close to the underground transportation system. The room was always clean when we returned from our outings.

Pleasant city break.

Rooms were a little tired in places.

Great, central location. Close to the metro and tourist bus stops. Walking distance to the port. Good breakfast included. Extensive selection of complimentary toiletries.

The room was hot and stuffy.

The room was hot and stuffy. We tried to turn on the fan (anything) and were unsuccessful. The window opens directly over a road so it was either roast or try to sleep through loud road noise. I went to the front desk and asked for help. The gentleman came up; the thermostat control simply didn't work. He tried. We slept very little, missed a breakfast we dont want and hope not to be billed for.

Pleasant stay

I didn´t have a good night of sleep due to the bed being too hard; maybe it is just my taste but... The bathroom could have some more attention, I know that this is an old hotel, but some details can be easily fixed: the shower support that was old and wasn´t holding the shower itself, cheap and small item that can make a difference to the client. This is just to mention this one.

Great location and excellent staff. The staff was always so polite and helpful, the best perk of this hotel. The location is close to Praça Catalunya, so, easy access to the bus to the airport, city tour buses and plenty of places to eat. Despite being an old hotel, it was thoroughly clean.

Basic ( tinned fruit etc) but more than adequate breakfast.

Small entrance lobby doesn't create the best impression but quite common in big cities.

Basic ( tinned fruit etc) but more than adequate breakfast. Great location. Staff very helpful.

Very central and comfortable

Nothing. It was a busy area as we expected so its not a quiet area but within our room it was quiet

Ideal location for tourists accessing tour buses and metro. Very nice breakfast. Small shops and small supermarket very close. Little balcony for viewing the action close by and for drying clothes.

Thank you!!!

The only thing I didn't like it, was the bathroom lighting. Was a little bit dark. Would be great if there was at least one more bulb.

Perfect location. Central. You can go to many attractions by foot.

Everything was great, even more than we expect!

nothing negative, everything was great!

Everything was great, even more than we expect! Hotel is in great location and you can walk anywhere! 24hour mini shop is just a cros the road if you need to buy something, which is great! Staff was really nice!

The room was excellent.
    • Single Room - Interior

The breakfast was not impressive but not much was expected for the price.

The room was excellent. I was happy for the luggage storage and the Wi-Fi in the lobby.

Perfect location, clean hotel, friendly staff.

The hotel is in a perfect location, perfect for those who are visiting Barcelona for a city break to see the main attractions: La Rambla is 3-5min walk, Sagrada Familia 30min walk, Gothic quarter 10min walk. Also, the hotel is near the main train, bus stations ( around 25-35min walk) and underground (around 3min walk) it's perfect if you want to go outside the city, further destinations or you are just not a fan of long walkings. Very clean hotel, we stayed in a double bed room that faced backyard, we had a massive balcony and extended living room space. No superb views, but is perfect for the price you are paying. The staff was very friendly, we had no problems with late chick-in time (around 12am ish) or coming back to hotel late at night/early in the morning. Breakfast was okay, good enough to start your day. Would definitely recommend for those who are looking for a decent, not overpriced hotel in a heart of Barcelona.

Good hotel :)))

The only thing - bad wifi signal every day.

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The place was very good-near city center. Breakfast was very delicious. If we will be back to Barcelona, we will choose this hotel again.

Disappointed in the bar as it only opened for 2 hours in the...

As stated, the bar

Disappointed in the bar as it only opened for 2 hours in the evening Monday to Friday and did not have a great choice of wines i.e. no Rose

Would go back to this hotel

We only had breakfast once as it wasn’t great but there’s plenty of places to eat near by

Hotel was exactly what we were looking for, comfortable and central....great value for money

Amazing hotel

Everything was really amazing. The stuff was friendly, room clean, big and beautiful, breakfast was pretty good:)Location is perfect - in the centre of Barcelona. This hotel made our trip unforgattable.

Very basic hotel but it's a great value and location.
    • Single Room - Interior

My window didn't have a screen and it opened to a strange square. The walls are very thin. So bring earplugs!

It is a great value and the location is excellent. Very close to all transit and Las Rambla. My room was clean and the bed (double) was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. As a solo traveler I felt very safe.

Uncomfortable bed, room too hot

The bed was not comfortable at all. The room was too hot and the AC worked only for an hour at a time, so I had problems sleeping. Breakfast is basic, but most places in catalonia are the same for that matter.

Quiet rooms, I had a very good price.

Good value for its price

The location is very central: just few steps from Catalunya square. The hotel is quite old but clean and tidy. There is a lot of stuff in a room like a wide range of personal hygiene products, a kettle, tea, a bar. The bed and pillows are really comfortable. The breakfast was OK. The major drawback is that the wifi connection may be unstable. By and large, good value for its price, better than other places with similar rating we stayed at.

Great value for money

Nothing to complain really. Very central location which means it's within walking distance to explore many main attractions. It's on the main street but quiet at night. Has all the facilities I need and friendly staff. An enjoyable stay!

Budget yet luxurious hotel in my view
    • Single Room - Interior

My only complaint is that the Wifi was unreliable for my entire stay (5th floor room).

- Bed was almost perfect- I slept very well - It is located 3-4 minutes stroll from Universitat metro, and 5-7 minutes away from Las Ramblas - Felt absolutely safe - Breakfast was a good spread - Bathroom was very spacious for a single room, electric kettle was invaluable during my stay as it was a bit cold. I would recommend this hotel and will keep in mind if I return to Barcelona.

I would recommend this hotel to others!!

NA

Location, service, staff -excellent. Check in and check out comforting, hotel clean, very good breakfast with various and and good quantity food, room with sound proof windows, good mattresses. Hotel close to all sighteengs places and food!

Great location to base our stay

No close cafes or bars we had to walk several blocks for food service. No food service except morning at or close to hotel

Location great and nice clean comfortable room

Attention to detail in the room.

Iron in the room would be nice but can get one at reception so not a big deal.

Attention to detail in the room. Location is amazing. Room very clean and specious. Quiet to say it's next to the main area. Breakfast very nice. Great price. Couldn't fault it one bit a definite recommomendation from us

Perfectly adequate for a place to rest your head after a long day...

Having a bar to relax in would have been nice. There is a bar but its only open from 6-7pm to 10pm, to be honest I wouldn't really call it a bar.

The location is excellent

The hotel possition is very good.

The rooms can be more spacious. The tv positions was not the best. The tv programs list was not diversified.

The hotel possition is very good. The view was wonderfull as well. The personal was very polite.

We would return with pleasure

Eggs and sausages at breakfast were not kept hot.

Staff were really pleasant, room was spotless and a good size and the location was perfect. Breakfast was copious and varied.

Hotel well situated near Plaza Catalunya from where there is...

Hotel well situated near Plaza Catalunya from where there is transport to the airport. Many bars and restaurants nearby. Rooms very clean and spacious with a good supply of toiletteries.

I stayed in Atlantis February 2018.

I stayed in Atlantis February 2018. The staff were very friendly helpful etc. Breakfast was delicious and tasty. There are a lot of choices of food, fruits. And for the first time the beverages that were available included decaffeinated coffee. I strongly recommend.

Good

Cleaning of rooms: 'forget' to put tea, cups, bring blankets. Ok, but no more then that. Breakfast itself is good, but forks, spoons are so unconvenient, so you cannot eat normally, hardly can put something on a plate from buffet, that spoils all good impression about breakfast.

Location is great, reception 24/7, friendly staff, good breakfast

Overall a good place to stay.

Bathroom shower is a bit awkward. There was a bathtub in the bathroom, however, the there there's only half of a screen and water from the shower gets every where.

Good breakfast variety

2nights in Atlantis

Nothing,everything was great

We stayed here for two nights and must say we were reaĺly positiv surprised with this very cosy hotel..everything was great,room,breakfast,near city center..but the very best was Eduard the receptionist..he's one of the kindest and nicest persons we have ever met and helped us a lot with planing and organising our short visit to Barcelona..thank you very much again..we'll be back!

Browse Atlantis by Atbcn traveller photo gallery