Reviews of Acta Atrium Palace 4 stars

Gran Via Corts Catalanes, 656, Eixample, 08010 Barcelona, Spain

#199 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Based on 1996 hotel reviews

Nice hotel, a bit pricey but all the hotels in Barcelona are...
    • Double or Twin Room

The design of the rooms is a bit outdated. But on the other side our room was super clean, with a large bathroom, free of charge wattered spring water that you can take with you.

Nice hotel, a bit pricey but all the hotels in Barcelona are, so overall a great stay!

Was my second stay in there, next time i will travel to Barcelona I will stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

If you are planning to go shopping at La Roca village, the location of the hotel is just perfect as the bus to the village stops just around the block. No need to carry heavy bags for too long and generally location is very good if you are planning to stay in the centre and pop back to the hotel every now and then.

Excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

Power went off in the middle of the night. The staff didnt bother calling to explain or even provide a proper explanation the next morning. Apparently it happens “quite often but it wasn’t so bad”

Excellent location

Fantastic Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived early and was allowed to check in 3 hours early with no issues. The staff were really friendly nothing was too much trouble and the hotel was beautiful.

Barcelona hotel for first time Aussie travellers
    • Double or Twin Room

There were nothing that we didn't like about this hotel. This was our first trip to Barcelona from Australia and were thrilled with our hotel choice based on bookings reviews.

Everything! Room was spacious and very well equipped, almost luxurious for a standard room. The price we got on Bookings was very competitive. Location was within about a leisurely 5-10min walk to LA Rambla and was close to Metro Station and lots of shops, restaurants, supermarket, laundry etc. Highly recommended.

Great location to metro and buses to airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room service advertised as 24/7 but actually kitchen closes at 1030 and then they can only heat up frozen pizza. The bar hours aren’t great and there is a limited selection.

Great location to metro and buses to airport. Streets and points of interest within appropriate walking distance

Convenient location for taxi, hop-on hop-off, walking to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Convenient location for taxi, hop-on hop-off, walking to shops/stores, Placa Catalunia, La Rambla and other spots. Our room was spacious enough, nice toilet and bath, quiet environment.

Excellent stay at the acta atrium with great service, clean rooms & excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

More tea bags when our rooms were cleaned would have been good. My mum & I drink a lot of tea but were only given 1 teabag a day.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable & the bathrobes were very soft. We were given a complimentary bottle of Cava because the trip was a birthday treat for my mum. The room was large & very clean. Good selection at breakfast. All in all a fabulous hotel.

Bed was great!
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

WiFi signal worked perfectly the first two days, but was down the third... I communicated this a few times during the day, it was fixed in the evening...

Bed was great!!! Also love the location. We stayed here last year and wanted to come back.

Great central location with great transport links.
    • Double or Twin Room

Laminate floor in our room was very tired and didn't match the decor of the rest of the room. Lifts were small, dated and slightly scary!

Comfy bed, lots of complimentary toiletries and water in room, great location that is 1 min walk to Passeig de Gracia and main metro stop. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but just round the corner is a really nice brunch cafe called Cafe Alsur, which is cheaper than the 14EUR hotel breakfast! El Nacional restaurant complex w

Very central.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bedrooms were not sound proofed. Children play area at the rere was very noisy from about 815am and again in the evenings. Noise from adjoining bedrooms ie young children otherwise very clean and comfortable really.

Good Location

The bed was super comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

My view was non existent! Also the walls are so think I could hear my neighbour's phone vibrate.

The bed was super comfortable. I checked in really late and there was someone at reception to give me my keys.

The location was more than perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Found lots of ants in the bathroom :(

The location was more than perfect. Walking distance to the metro and shopping areas. Outlet bus is just around the corner. Staff is extremely friendly. They are competing to help. Beds are so comfortable.

Heavenly!
    • Double or Twin Room

there is nothing we didn't like.

checked in early and gave us not only a room but upgraded us to a suite that was absolutely gorgeous. It over looked the city, had 2 lounge chairs, hot tub. Staff was so informative and friendly. Very pleased with everything about this hotel.

The Staff at the hotel was very friendly, the breakfast had...
    • Double or Twin Room

The Balcon view on the neighborhood schools, even if we didn’t spend to much time their as we were busy visiting Barcelona. And the fresh squeezed orange jus in the morning who in my eyes wasn’t fresh squeezed.

The Staff at the hotel was very friendly, the breakfast had almost everything you needed. The manager helped us in the morning when we arrived and was really nice. The room was bright and clean. We had all the place we needed in our room.

Clean rooms, great location:-)
    • Double or Twin Room

Called reception twice to order room service they asked to call back because they were busy, however when I called back third time no one answered:-( they could call my room back since they knew I wanted to order.

Clean rooms, great location:-)

Overall, it is a great hotel, very conveniently situated and I would stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

On the first morning, I went to the restaurant and asked if I could have just a snack- perhaps some fruit and yoghurt. I was told it was the full price, 14 Euros, no exceptions. I did try some bacon, eggs etc and they were cold and hard.The other thing that surprised me was that in an hotel with beautiful expensive decor and furnishings, the Loo paper was very cheap quality. Also, perhaps it is a UK thing, but I always expect to see a Loo brush available, in case it is needed. There was none.

Everyone, was extremely friendly and helpful.

Excellent stay at a really nice hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Water didn't stay in the bathroom sink and bathtub.

When I left the room,one morning, I forgot to remove the "do not disturb" sign from the door. When I returned, later in the day, there was a small table at the door with a lot of towels. I was amazed. When I checked in, it looked as if theroom's renovation had just been completed.Everything was sparkling new

Very nice breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit unclear the last morning - housekeeping came in - twice - they should know that I had not checked out? Rather noisy street right outside the window.

Very nice breakfast. Friendly service.

The stay was ok, not more than that. For a next trip we take another hotel as the price was high.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is for us not a 4star, more a normal 3star hotel. The room was one day not cleaned (this should not happen!), the preordered pick-up at the airport dit not work (after 40 minutes we had to take ourself a taxi), the rooms have almost no noise damping, the window are a joke: we woke up each day with loud noises from children playing sport from the catholic school in the same block. We had a room to the inner side wherer there is a big sport place. The shower is very tiny, inside a bath top. There is also no roof top bar, the breakfast is ok but not more than that, no passion for food can be seen.

The location is good, near the metro station and in walking distance to many shopping locations and also the old city. The staff was friendly and helped out wherever they could. Gute Lage, nähe Zentrum, nähe Metro. Freundlicher Service durch die Angestellte.

Excellent location; Exceptional hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Loved the location! Extremely close to everything at the centre of the city and easy to catch the aerobes just three blocks away - so easy shuttle to the airport too. Highly recommend this hotel

Very nice and helpful staff !
    • Double or Twin Room

There is a bathrobe, but there are no disposable slippers. Tattered armchair, noise from road,very poor sound insulation...

Very nice and helpful staff !

A comfortable hotel in the city center.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I was not a fan of the decor. While I can see why the brown tones can be "rich" to me it was just dark. It was tasteful, just not to my aesthetic. The street you enter from is very busy and noisy. The bathroom light was noisy. The room was a bit warm and the ac was not effective enough. Also we could hear the person above us walking around and I could hear voices of people in their rooms in the hallways.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great to be in the city center, however it was on a very busy street. Lots of great food options close by. Walking distance to all the major attractions and metro. If we were traveling for business or without our 3 year old the location would have been perfect. Rooms were clean. The bathtub was big, which was the reason we booked the hotel (for the bathtub). The lighting in the room was ok however the bathroom light was noisy. The value for the place was great. There is an underground parking lot for 27 euro daily, but we did find green zone parking close by.

Dishonest hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I forgot an item in the hotel. After 1 day, I mailed and called the hotel immediately. No response from email for 2 days so I checked twice by phone. Finally checked by phone another time and was told the item wasn't found. This is what separates a 5-star and 4-star hotel - housekeeping staff who are paid well and holds pride in their line work. If you do choose this establishment, please be careful of your belongings. Furthermore, the reception staff I inquired about my item seemed nonchalant and did not care whatsoever. Unbelievable.

Facilities and location was acceptable and of value

Friendly staff. Good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the room. It was warm but air conditioning doesn’t go on in the rooms until summer ! Balcony overlooks school yards so very noisy all day with children playing outside.

Pillows were very comfy. Shower was good. Staff provided me with gluten free bread at breakfast every day. Rooms clean and has kettle and coffee machine. Thank

Location was great and bed very comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

No aircon extremely stuffy even when chilly outside and very thin walls - You can hear people's phone in the next room

Location was great and bed very comfortable

Large room and bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

The odor of cleaning liquids in the lobby and room is too strong. The elevator is small.

Large room and bathroom. Nice balcony and overlooking. Good facility. Nice-looking lobby. Friendly staff. Short walk to some attractions.

Perfect location.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is not 4 stars hotel. 2 stars at max. Hotel looks very nice in the pictures but it's not so good in reality. Scratched and dirty in many places. Especially a lot of dirt in the every corner and under the bed. With some leftovers from previous visitors. Without the room key you can not enter even through main door of the hotel and get to the lobby. Like in hostel. Half of the electric sockets were not working in the room. After asking to fix, they just switched with the working ones. Result is the same amount of working sockets. Iron was in the room. That's nice. But firstly it was dirty, secondly you need to ask for some special card to get it working and last but not least it's so bad that it's impossible to get something ironed. Breakfast price is 14eur per person. Insane. Many cafes in the neighbourhood where breakfast cost up to 10 eur. Wifi connection is very poor.

Perfect location. Nice music playlist in the room.

I Recommend this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Since the hotel in an old building no facilities like spa and pool

Staff were very helpful and kind Location is amazing cozy room with a very nice view Most of things were excellent

Customer service, location and breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Smell of sewage coming from basement level. Cockroach on stairs to basement toilets from restaurant. Got stuck in escalator mid floor and had to be rescued. Minibar fridge overheating causing room to be very hot and possible fire risk?

Customer service, location and breakfast.

An ok hotel but overpriced with rooms in need of an upgrade.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms definitely need a refresh and update. The first room was quite grim with furniture that had holes in it. Upon request, I was moved to another which was acceptable but still very dark and rather shabby.

Excellent staff. Comfortable beds.

I could not recommend this enough - I will stay here every time
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing staff were incredibly attentive Location could not be more perfect for the city centre Beautiful hotel Excellent value for money 10/10 would stay here every time

Great for location and a travel base. Avoid if you'd like a hotel with facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy - front had the main road, rear had a school playground. Internally the plumbing systems of other rooms could be heard quite clearly. No restaurant, so had to eat out every evening.

The location was superb, easy access to city centre and transport links. Staff very pleasant.

well located, comfortable hotel with very pleasant friendly helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom floor was not as clean as I would have liked. There was discernible noise from other rooms, from the plumbing, and externally.

The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful.

would tay here again had a fab time.
    • Double or Twin Room

there was nothing not to like

staff gave us a clear map of where to go, how to get there. also forgot our travel adapters which was happily provided by the hotel staff. rooms were cleaned every day and very comfortable.

Convenient location to stay before going on a cruise
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was extremely expensive for what was offered. Actually when we went to eat they had nothing left and was not willing to replenish so we ended up not staying. Bathroom toilet did not always work. Television programming was subpar. AC did not work and had to keep the veranda door open.

Very friendly staff and extremely helpful. Having a very long flight they accommodated us by booking in early. Beds were very comfortable. Close proximity to main attractions.

Great hotel and location for a city break
    • Double or Twin Room

The only issue was that the entrance can be quite noisy, and this echoes up to the rooms.

The property is in a great location and it's easy to get around by foot from here, making it perfect for a city break. The hotel is clean and comfy, with a nice bed and bathroom. We had what was described as a small room, but was still larger than others we've stayed in elsewhere. We were given the option to move room as it was 'smaller', which was really nice, however we didn't see the need so stayed where we were. If we were to go back, I'd be happy to stay here again.

Great venue. Nice extra touches like combs, slippers, toothbrushes etc.
    • Double or Twin Room

No restaurant in a 4 star hotel. At least some rooms like ours suffered by water flowing noises as pipes not acoustically sealed.

Excellent location. Couldn't be better.

comparable breakfast options
    • Double or Twin Room

thin walls, can easily hear the voices from the near room! king size bed would be better, smells in the lobby area was not good

comparable breakfast options

This was a good location and was within walking distance to...
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar never seemed to be open, other than for breakfast in the morning.

This was a good location and was within walking distance to pretty much everything.

The cleaning of the room.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfast wasn't complete. The Spa and sport's salon was close .

The cleaning of the room. There were Sandal , towel,coffee and tea in the room.

Good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The TV wasn’t working properly and there was a lot of loud noises from the inside windows, because of a repair they were doing.

Very good location, the room size was perfect and comfortable, very good shower and bath.

No real problems, would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Thought there was a pool? There was a restaurant, bar and nice looking coffee machine, but never open ( only for breakfast ).

Friendly, helpful staff. Really comfy beds. Free use of safe. Nice toiletries. Very clean.

Great location, modern decor and friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was slightly rough around the edges, with some fraying of the sofa and peeling paint etc., but this was incredibly few and far between.

The property’s as extremely modern with friendly staff. The reception area smells impeccable, too.

Everything you expect from a hospitable hotel in the center of Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit of a walk to the metro station. Room a bit dark

Friendly staff, luxurious place, comfortable facilities. Always warm water. Everyone was helpful and polite. The room was very quiet and private also. You can take a rest after a really long day of walking and working.

Fab location and excellent staff, noise a negative though.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was so noisy! There was some sort of school playground in the centre of the big courtyard outside and the noise was just constant. Luckily we had remembered earplugs :) And the bathroom was really nice but not as spotless as you'd expect for the price.

Lovely building and room, really great staff, everyone we encountered was super helpful and friendly.

Fantastic stay in an excellent small hotel
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The only issue for us was that the indoor pool etc. was closed for renovations but they gave us free breakfast for the two days.

Convenience to the centre of Barcelona and the standard of the rooms

Good choice in the city center
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Rooms although clean and spacious and well-furnished need some update.

The place is just few minutes walking from Placa Catalunya and it was very convenient to reach from the airport via Aerobus. The staff was absolutely professional, I called them one day before to inform them about a change in the number of the guests and they immediately suggested a solution. Bath was spacious and the room very quiet although we were in the heart of the city.

Couldn't wait to leave
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel is quite stuffy and beds are not comfortable

It was a very depressing strange hotel. The rooms were quite dark and there is a school yard directly behind which is extremely loud early in the morning and basketball leagues play there every night. There are no views.

Lobby, Staff at reception great. Poor room but there seem to be better ones.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was extreemly small and old fashioned. Room Cleaning and Minibar Check was performed at 17:50 when I came back to the hotel and was in my room. Cleaning staff entered when I was in underwear.

Reception - everything was prepared when I checked in and when I checked out -> Great

The staff were very pleasant at reception .
    • Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't made up one day. The room itself was at the back of the hotel and very, very dark

The staff were very pleasant at reception . Location really suited us.

Very pleasant stay at a very reasonable cost.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had to pay cash for our on/off tour bus tickets that we bought at the hotel, whereas I could have used my credit card, which I preferred, if I had purchased them on the bus itself.

Large suite on first 1 day stay, nice room also on 2nd 1 day stay. Received early check in plus great help in planning a one-day available only tour of the city. Excellent location and a great place to stay both before and after our Barcelna based Mediterranean cruise.

Enjoyable living in the heart of Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

For first time travellers to Barcelona we soon realised that the location of Acta Atrium Palace was ideal. Close to all main tourist attractions, in the vicinity of Las Ramblas and all that it has to offer. Staff were friendly and hospitable. Happy to assist and make our stay comfortable.

Great location, hotel staff very helpful and friendly,
    • Double or Twin Room

A complimentary bottle of water would have been nice

Bathrobes were supplied - beds were really comfortable Tea and coffee making facilities - sweet jars in reception

i was so disappointed when arriving that i considered moving.
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was dated, there was a stain on the marble floor, the faucets were old. the room was like in the picture but it's in the details... cheap plastic like veneer everywhere.

i liked the lobby

Dark and cavernous
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was incredibly loud. There is a school in nacknof the hotel so all day children are screaming and all night men play basketball on the courts.

The houskeeper was very nice

Need refurbishment
    • Double or Twin Room

Too much noise from the hallway. Outer room door are not sound proof. You could here people going in and out of their rooms on the same floor and the maid cleaning the rooms. Bathroom and the room are a bit outdated, they could use urgent refurbishment. Price was a bit high (I do not know if it was because we stayed during La Merce festival)

Location was excellent. Very close to main square but still quiet. Nice tapas bars within just few meters. Spacious room looking at the back yard - so very quiet. Staff is very friendly and helpful. King size bed very comfortable.

Nice staff and excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

There could be more choices of the breakfast, as all the days where the same choices

The staff are really friendly and kind. The location is excellent as you can reach most of the landmarks easily.

I would go back, the locations was great, walking distance to everything
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but the same everyday.

Bed was very good, and very clean, large bathroom, large closet, mini bar, every thing to make it a great stay, two large elevators, nice lobby and computer rooms. Great service desk.

Wonderful property close to many attractions and wonderful staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about here.

Breakfast was fantastic lots but of choices! Staff could not have been any friendlier. They were helpful knowledgeable and courteous in every way.

Worst experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

I had the worst experience of my life in this hotel. It was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep without air conditioner - during summer period!!! We arranged this trip very carefully, we chose a 4 star hotel to stay because we really wanted to give my parents a very good time in Spain! We took a 12 hour flight and we were hopping to rest the first night - but we couldn't sleep even one hour!!! To help the frigobar was not working and we only had hot water to drink. The money I paid in this hotel was not worth at all. Worst experience ever. I wrote an email to the hotel giving my feedback and they didn't even care to reply my email. Very disappointing!

Room space.

nice location, 5 walking walks to aerobus (to airport) in catalunya. 3 mins walk to underground
    • Double or Twin Room

The first nigh when we arrived, there is no air-con which we are quite worried although the reception is very kind and offer us to find hotel nearby. Yet, we finally decided to stay instead of changing. That night is still OK as balcony is available, not too hot!

We had a clean and quite room even though it was facing the back yard of a school.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very professional and friendly staff . We arrived early in the morning and our room was available immediately . Our flight was in the evening and they allowed us to stay a few hours longer without extra charge.

Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast in the room, the location was very convenient in terms of proximity to catalunya placa and las ramblas.

pleasant staff, dated hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning. The decor was dark and dowdy

The air conditioning broke down and couldnt be fixed for 2 days. We had to leave. The staff were very apologetic but there was nothing they could do. The weather was hot and the hotel too hot to continue to stay there.

The location was great and the staff very friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

a very high price for a good but rather standard hotel room. The breakfast did not seem very engaging (but there are a lot of nice breakfast options not too far away)

The location was great and the staff very friendly. The hotel has a nice, newer vibe to it.

Very close to the downtown and public transportation , can...
    • Double or Twin Room

The food in the restaurant needs to be hot, each day we went, the hot foods like eggs and bacon had been sitting in the hot tray section but we're almost cold

Very close to the downtown and public transportation , can easily get buses directly to the airport and other places, enjoyed the hotel very much, will go back again

Great location, extremely helpful staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms walls seem a little thin and you can hear other guests very easily but it didn't keep me awake.

Excellent staff, extremely helpful and very polite.

Definitely not a 4star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is noisy. Traffic and street sound continously, 24/7. Other electric, and old air condition noises in the room. No bar or any restaurant after noon. Room service delivers pizza only. Minibars are not plugged in electricity. Staff are nice and kind and seems to be helpful, but doesn't get back to you when promised. Hotel is past bearing.

Great, comfortable beds.

Make Sure To Use The Safe
    • Double or Twin Room

Please read this and learn from my mistake, I stayed at this hotel for honeymoon and birthday for my wife. On the day i went to birthday party for my wife. I forgot my very expensive ring on my room. a few hours later i realized my ring wasnt there. i Went back to the hotel. Well guess which of the ring it had? Yup ring gone. I want to go to the police station .Receptionist told me`` dont worry we will investigate don t go to the police station and 2nd time dont put stuffs on your room put them on the safety.`` One Day later manager came to me but on my wife birthday (9 a.m. until 4:00 pm i wait him on my room). They did nothing . He said to me go to police station. ``Dont leave nothing on the room put everything to safety``. receptionist told me . It was awful honeymoon for me . They took two days from us. If you want to go this hotel dont forget nothing on the room and dont talk with receptionist.

It was a good experience with friendly staff. The location is excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

The management offered us a 20% discount but we would have liked the discount to be a 30% as we only stayed for 3 nights, but they declined. Not much varieties for tea as we are tea drinkers.

It a very good experience except for the first night as the AC was not working,but they fixed it the next night. They offered a 20% discount but we would have liked the discount to be a 30% as we only stayed for 3 nights!

Super location for anyone exploring Barcelona
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The spa was closed but we had been notified well in advance about that so it didn't bother us; the location was the main enticement and we would go back to Acta Atrium Palace again

Super location in Eixample close to Passeig De Gracia and Girona Metro stops; very helpful staff; fluffy towels and white robes

Good Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very small and the window faced a wall. Also the breakfast buffet was very limited. It would have been lovely if they had an option other than pork.

The location was nice and the staff very friendly.

Never coming back
    • Double or Twin Room

Honestly, its the most homophobic hotel i have ever been to. I was there with my partner and my friends, and they asked for an upgrade.. we did too as it was our anniversary.. the difference was they were heterosexual.. they got an upgrade, we voiced our opinion to the reception tastefully and honestly. Unfortunately; she was extremely rude and simply rejected us.

The restaurants around the hotel were nice

Good hotel in a Great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Had a room on the 3:rd floor, facing away from the street which was good as the rooms are not very well insulated for sound. You get a fair degree of distrurbing noise from people in adjoining rooms or in the hallway.

Good breakfast and a great location. Close to the sitt center Close to public transportation

Browse Acta Atrium Palace traveller photo gallery