Reviews of Hostel Malaga Inn 1 stars

5.2

5.2

5.7

6.2

The worst experience in my life.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The worst experience in my life... you guys have no idea! The picture showing or describing the hostel is totally false I felt once in this tiny dirty room like in jail I won’t recommend this hostel at all and the worst is that I claimed for a refund the next day as I check out the very next day but they didn’t want to refund me What a shame they don’t even deserve one star! And booking.com should take action in that before posting things which are not real

location is good

It is not good hotel not clean enough and its hostel not hotel because when I book room I read hotel and when I came it was hostel. there is no parkering. bad ventilation small room. very bad breakfast.

location is good

Nice place to enjoy nightlife in Torremolinos
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Not so big comfort all around but all basically necessary things still are in hotel. Not so close to Malaga city center, but you can reach it by different public trasport.

Good location very close to center of Torremolinos. Excellent nightlife in nearest streets. Very easy and not far way to beach. Really friendly staff! :)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Been before may be back

We paid €100 for our 1 night stay, so I'm being very picky ...... Lack of towels without a deposit. No Aircon. Dirty Fan, there was something smeared over the controls, hopefully chocolate. Poor pillows. Extension cables galore. Broken lighted switches. Leaking tap in the sink in the room. Leaking shower hose / head in the shared bathroom. Broken toilet seat in the shared bathroom. Litter and underwear on the roof outside our window, within reaching distance.

Location. Friendly efficient staff. Cleanliness.

Once and never again as it’s way to expensive for way to little
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I had to pay over €100,- for a broom closet with a bed, no place to put clothes or anything, just a fan as sirvo, a tv that hardly worked, a bathroom that had to be shared with many people and that wasn’t clean. The breakfast barely deserved to carry that name. Not going there ever again

Not much

Wouldn't stay here again.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Taps and shower broken. Window didn't lock and was easily accessible from terrace. No air con but reception did lend me fan. Group of guys really noisy.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Awful experience!!!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

If you think this is gonna be like a vibrant hostel where you can socialize you are totally wrong. There is just one common room in the basement which no one uses and the crowd I’ve seen was mainly old people, but well as long as you can sleep well it doesn’t really matter right? This wasn’t the case. I was sleeping in a dormitory on the 3rd floor, the room was super hot and there was no air conditioning but only a supernoisy fan which sounded like a plane taking off, and obviously made sleeping impossible. I asked if I could get a new fan and the receptionist told me all the fans were supernoisy, and she gave me hers to try and asked me to bring back down myself my one from the third floor for her to use it!! Giving up with the fan I decided to try and sleep in the oven-like room but although I was tired I couldn’t because of the heat. There is just one bathroom (very clean as it was the room) per floor to be shared amongst maybe over 15/20 people. I was lucky because it was free most of the time but I don’t think that happens often. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone.

At least it was clean.

Great location, but quiet too!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathrooms could do with a refit, but they were clean enough.

I stayed here about 12 years ago, too. Might have been the same room, actually! What I liked about the place then and now is the fact that it is so close to the train station and the shops/ bars but far enough away to not hear it at night. Great terrace.

Hard to find but worth the stay
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Not the fault of the hostel, but my first night, there was a guest that could only be described as Hitler's daughter. The staff dealt quickly with the problem guest who was taking over a "shared" dorm room. My guess is that I'm not the only guest that was tormented for being a happy traveler. Perhaps the hostel should limit the time duration guests are permitted to stay.

Hostel staff is very professional, diverse and considerate. This Hostel's facilities have a lot to offer, like a kitchen in the basement and a terrace on the upper floors. Like most budget accommodations in Torremolinos, this hostel is a bit hard to find - in a mixed use neighborhood on a short one-way street.

I liked my stay. It was ok.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The noise during the day, people shouting in the hallway and doors banging.

Friendly stuff but rooms are old and it was very noisy, people slamming doors. However, after midnight it was quiet so it was possible to sleep well. Nice neighborhood, near the town’s center.

The lady that was on reception when we arrived quite late at...
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel was quite difficult to find. Firstly, the bed had a broken leg and collapsed as my husband lay on it. It had obviously happened on many previous occasions and was basically just propped in place. I had thought that I was booking a room with a private bath, but the bathroom was along the corridor - however that could just have been my mistake. We had to leave the window closed because when we opened it for air, it rattled in the wind. We were woken in the early hours by a very noisy bin collection. My booking was for breakfast included - but all that was available was do-it-yourself sliced bread, butter and jam, some individually wrapped plain cakes, really horrible tea and instant coffee, all in a basement rather dingy 'kitchen/dining room. I hadn't really taken on board the 'hostel' status, but considering that the following night for just 6€ more, we stayed in a hotel in Granada with a large room, parking facilities, an ensuite bathroom, a lift to the upper floors,a restaurant and bar with an included great buffet breakfast, it did make this hostel seem poor value for money. I guess for shoe-string youthful travellers it would be OK - but not for us! The images do not in the least reflect the actuality. In the pictures it looks bright and modern, with new decor. In reality it is fairly dingy, especially the breakfast room which was highly uninviting.

The lady that was on reception when we arrived quite late at night was very helpful, although she didn't speak English, so it was a bit tricky as we don't speak Spanish! We could only find a disabled parking space, and she moved her own car so that we could park in her space as she was going to be leaving early.

Something to write off as a mistake, but cheap enough to not be overly concerned.
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It’s ok if you’re traveling and have to make a one-night stop.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Maybe it could’ve been a bit cheaper. The property is too basic, and the worst of all is that our room smelled like someone smoked a lot in there. It was very impregnated, we had to open the window. I’ve seen much better hostel rooms at the a much better price.

I liked the location, it seemed like a safe neighborhood, and it was close to many bars and restaurants. The staff was pretty friendly, and offered us a complimentary light breakfast.

Overpriced
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our bed collapsed and there was not much the staff could do. We slept with the mattress on the floor; it was very noisy and cold. Not worth the price (also not if the bed was okay).

Location, functional, and a small shared kitchen. Room was very clean!

I could not recommend this hostel for the given price-quality ratio.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

At arrival at 16.00 hrs, first there was no room available, although I had a reservation from weeks ago. I had to change the given room after 2 hours because other guests needed it. The room that I got then was the size of a closet, although there was no closet to hang or store your clothes. There were no towels, after asking I got only one the size of a handkerchief. We had to share 1bathroom and toilet with 11 guests. The bathroom was in urgent need of an upgrade with broken tiles, showerhead that could not be fixed on the wall etc. The roomrate of forty eur did by far not comply with this low level of quality. The hostel is rather well cleaned and the neigbourhood is quiet and very nice with all kinds of small restaurants, buses and train in walking distance.

Great Value. basic accommodation centrally located in Torremolinos!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Arrived late at nearly midnight and the guy on reception stayed open to accommodate me. Very friendly and quick check in. Basic room but clean and bed fairly comfortable. Shower in communal bathroom biggest surprise, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. All in all good stay, basic but very affordable accommodation close to the centre of Torremolinos.

Perfect to the beach
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I think the kitchen is the main point to renovated and also some heater in the room in winter will be nice.

Nice Hostel in Torremolinos , nothing luxury but clean and organize, quality price is perfect while I share the room just with another guy ....

Very bad

Very bad

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The receptionist was very pleasant
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was pretty dire.

The receptionist was very pleasant Fan in the room

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Location was reasonable
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very basic... needs fixing up and rooms are very very small with no air conditioning

Location was reasonable

Terrible
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Fan was stupidly loud. Urine all over toilet and floor Rooms were terrible Lights didn't work

Cheap only
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was a bit basic of choices coffee bread n cake !!! Urggghhh

It has all the basics that you need.
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It has all the basics that you need.

The location is great, I loved the terrace on the roof.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Cleanliness could be better in the shower(s) and the rooms.

The location is great, I loved the terrace on the roof. Rooms are nice, beds are ok.

The room was damp with a damp smell.
    • Small Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The included breakfast was only sliced white bread,and jam. No cheese or sliced meat or egg.

Tea coffee and fridge available.

Reasonably straightforward to locate
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There are h & s issues re the lack of handrails on the staircase.

Reasonably straightforward to locate

Value for money hostel in a good location.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Good, quiet location, a five minute walk from the metro station. Staff are nice and the whole hostel was very clean. Breakfast was light and simple.

Good Location. Not far away from the airport n city centre.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi was quite slow in the room

1 night stay in malaga inn. The view from the rooftop was legittt. Big facility kitchen. Everything went well

We found the accommodations adequate for our one night stay before flying out the next morning.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was acceptable for one night, but could have been a little cleaner.

Friendly staff, good location.

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.