Reviews of Hostal Bahia Madrid

Carretas, 31 - 2º A Planta Izq., Madrid City Centre, 28012 Madrid, Spain

#310 of 372 B&Bs and Inns in Madrid

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

When made check-in I thought it will be my nightmare, cause I was not allowed to translate on the paper I suppose to sign with no extra explanation. I am lucky to have a good friend from Morocco, so the hostel lady was more friendly after speaking to my friend. In the end of day we get along well and obviously I showed up maybe bad timing for her, cause itś Ramadan time and they were about to having a dinner after 18 hour starving.

I like that there was extra room available, because the first room smell like someone have been smoking in room.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

It was a bit pricy considering our experience but we need to consider the Easter time.

Super great location behind la puerta del sol! The room was clean, big, with private shower and a little nice terrace. The hoster, she is simply amazing! Thanks for all the good vibes and the advice!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Land lady is not frenulum, within 3 day she changed me twice my room, I booked Single room, but she gave it to someone,still she try to convince me she got correct decisions I am not happy at all

close to centre of Madrid

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

* Well... i ordered the room with "shared bathroom" what it means in real life is a room without windows at all, added 60 euro's to switch to a room with a shower that had external window. * the staff woman was "ok" it's the best i can say, rude a bit but i can live with that. * with it being in the "del sol" don't expect it to be quiet at night (but that was expected) . * They only gave us one key so we had trouble when we didn't travel together. * the place is overpriced when compared to the price in their website, learned it too late, but all in all when you do check this is a cheap option to stay in central location in madrid.

keep in mind that this is a "hostel" don't expect hotel level, it's a converted house. all in all it was clean and nice but the only good thing about this place it's the location... that is all. it is located few minutes from "puerta del sol" that has metro stations that make travel easy but you can walk by foot to most places you need to visit anyway. and the WiFi was good.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It can be a bit loud at points lots of shouting across landings especially in the morning. Seems to be constant running water noise, not sure if it's guttering or plumbing.

It's a basic hostel, offers a few services such as laundry and helps you arrange tours. There's a common area with a PC, fridge/freezer, kettle, table, chairs and couch. There's a shared bath room with two showers which is handy. Great location street with loads of shops, buses run up the street metro is at the bottom.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no window in my room. This becomes very uncomfortable when there it´s thirty degrees. No toiletries are provided in the bathrooms despite the advert saying so. I think the owner sprays some kind of very sweet spray around the hostel everymorning which becomes a bit overpowering when you´re there for four nights. Also, not a very sociable hostel - although there is a living room, no one was ever in it.

The location is bang on in the city centre, it´s excellent. You are surrounded by typically Spanish tapas bars and restaurants. You are also very close to all the tourist attractions: plaza mayor, el rastro market and gran via.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Very loudy. Inside the hostal you could hear everything of every room. The tv also jumped 2 times each night on at 12 o'clock and 1 am (sort of alarm) with loud music and even though we put the alarm settingn off it still happend. Also very loud in the street, you can hear everything. Bad beds. I travel already for 22 years and it's my worst experience.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

the sweet smell on the hallway/ entrance was too strong and too sweet , not good .

the location is fantastic, in the center , near everything. my room was very comfortable, i had the one with a shower and no toilet. the room was clean and beds were comfortable. simple but comfortable. room had a fan and humidifier ( very important because it was so dry. Noise on the street did not bother me, even thou the windows are old. there is an elevator in the building. The entrance is a bit weird, the lighting is not very good and there is this very strong sweet smell in the air, from either a candle or some kind of fake spray , not sure , but not good , just to strong, would turn that down if i were the owner and change the smell to something more pleasant and not so strong . other than that , it was great , price was excellent. would definitely stay here again . not with family but single or with friends or boyfriend on a budget!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no proper windows so the room was quite hot so a fan remained switched on. At times it did feel a little stuffy.

The host was lovely and the location was great

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Well you need to be open minded.... it is not a 5 star hotel. It is really economic!!! As it is common in Europe many places have share bathrooms and twin beds. The room was really clean and I loved my bed really confortable after a day of walking and enjoying Madrid. My bedroom had a small balcony but u need to think what you save in hotel you can spend it in other things. You only need a clean bed and bathroom

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Female manager let me know from the start I was lucky to be assigned a double bed, and that she could move me at any time if a couple should arrive, when in fact, I reserved a double bed. Second day, following work, I wanted to take a nap. Impossible! Nextdoor the folks had their door open to the hall and their cigarette smoke made its way underneath my door and was strongly present in my room. Then a fight broke out in the hall between a male and a female, in a language I could not understand. However, since the word "Booking" came up repeatedly, I understood it was between the male and the female managers over some operational matter. It went on for a good 15-20 minutes. I sent an SOS mail to Booking, and declared myself out of there, despite having paid 4 nights up front. I packed and turned in my key, requesting a refund. The managers told me to "take it up with Booking." I then moved to another Booking.com property (Hostal Dulcinea) a world apart from Bahia Madrid! But: despite my constant communication from the start with Booking.com, and even having duplicated my reservation and payment to Booking, this agency has been very reluctant to refund the three nights I did not use at Hostal Bahia Madrid. Hostal Bahia Madrid is highly overpriced and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Great location, but the poor condition of the property and fighting in the hallway were overriding concerns.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

The wifi connection was poor, very very slow speed. Lots of street noise but your staying in Puerta del Sol if you don't want noise stay in a different area.

The bed was very comfortable

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Unfortunately, the woman from the staff member is very rude and really not good dealing with people. I arrived from a party friday night and just stoped to connect with the wifi, and she arrived and started to scream at me saying I was really loud and that she couldn't talk to me because I was drunk - even though I do not drink. One of the worst receptions I ever had.

The guy of the reception was very nice and humble. The hostel is really well located.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As I said thus place should be closed down As soon as U get enough time I'll send a letter to the authorities, hope they pay attetion

The place needs to be close down, dirty I didn't have the chance to switch to another hotel since I was to stay only one night getting yo the hotel past 11 pm and levying at 6:30 am I was miss served, fir 42 euro I expected only the basic a room and WC and shower but it should be CLEAN, I ended up una subtle to sleep ( reason yo rent a room) plus spent all those hours coveting my mouth to filter the stinky and stuffy smell The only good there is the poor young fellow who works at the reception

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Its quite noisy due to the location. Wifi was average, sometimes good sometimes bad. You dont really meet up with other people as I thought you would do at a hostel, we had private rooms but shared bathrooms.

Can't be better location. Thought I had to share room with other people but had my own with key.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Comfortable, clean and near to the city center.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

A bit pricy but central madrid so expenctes

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

it was very very dirty, like a very old house, and the behavior of manager and stafs was owfull and they didn't respect us at all

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Noise in the street in front of the window of the dorm.

Economic option in tge center of madrid.

Single room without window

Locality

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Really noisy staff, seems like there are no walls you can hear every sound.

Nice hot showers, great location

SHARING TOILET

WE DID NOT LIKE THE PROPERTY AT ALL, FROM THE STAFF TO THE BED

Noisy people at 5 am. Talking extremely loud for almost an hour

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Very noise on the streets at night

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There isn’t air conditioning.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very small room for the price. No kitchen

Quiet hostel

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were very friendly! The room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A cockroach in my no-window claustrophobic bedroom.

Only good thing is the location.

No windows in our room

Nothing to complain about

Red white and green polka-dot theme

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great place! Super cheap and very very good. The room, the toillet and the shower were very clean.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room wasn't ready at check in. The hostal looked nothing like the pictures.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

It's a nice hostal. Not what you think a hostal would be.

Beds and pillows

Hot rooms, no AC, loud staff, broken fridge, uncomfortable bed and pillows.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

CUCARACHAS, RECEPCIONIST,CLEANING, NO WINDOWS, ...

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I expected worse, actually. The guy at the front desk was actually nice. It's a small hostel , no windows.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Les importamos nada, nos atendieron fatal, solo querían la pasta. They treated us as shit, did not care about anything but the money

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The manager is rude and pretended not to speak English.

Location only

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hostal Bahia Madrid traveller photo gallery