Reviews of FERGUS Style Palmanova - Adults Only 4 stars

Paseo del Mar, 14, 07181 Palmanova, Spain

#12 of 41 hotels in Palmanova

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast team on the floor could learn the positive attitude from their other colleagues, even if they where efficient , a smile does not cost a million

New fresh installations, positive experience, bartender by the pool sunday morning the 17th was very good.

• Double or Twin Room

One thing let’s this hotel down and that is the lack of sun beds , they are nicely spaced out , but no where near enough of them , there is another area which could be utilised for sun beds rather than the not so comfortable chairs currently in place

The rooms are lovely high quality specification , staff were very helpful , breakfast was the best

• Double or Twin Room

I came for a volleyball competition thinking I was staying at your typical beach hotel. It all changed once I checked in where I was greeted with a glass of champagne and was also given an upgrade to a suite with a private pool. Was surprised me the most is that at check out they provided us with a room to shower since we had a late flight that day.

• Double or Twin Room

If I did have to mention something, it was the view, but as the room was so nice, it made up for it! Also, the toiletries were a bit below average, i.e. shampoo & conditioner not good if you have thick blonde hair - so birng your own!

The breakfast was excellent, staff friendly and the whole atmosphere above average! Very relaxing and not snobbish, although it was a very high class 4-star hotel! Great to be able to swim in the pool overlooking the reception area! My husband also received a bottle og Cava on his birthday (and we didn't let them know!) - a very nice touch!

• Double or Twin Room

It was a little windy during our stay but the wind howled under the quite large gap under the balcony door making the room quite cold and noisy. Also the charge for late checkout is the most expensive I've seen in a while.

Great breakfasts and comfy beds, the garden view rooms have nice balconies but are misadvertised as there is no garden! Good location, close to some nice restaurants, beaches and transport in to Palma

• Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything we didn't like, maybe would like to see a hot tub added to the property.

Really couldn't beat the location and the breakfast was wonderful!!

• Double or Twin Room

I could only pick one thing...my electronic key didn’t work a couple times but that’s nothing

Breakfast and dinner was extremely high standard. Quality and freshness plus variety was 5 star standard. Location was excellent.

• Double Room with Sea View

the only thing we not appreciated was the bed, ... to hard/stiff for uz, but reception desk can help you with extra cover which you can lay on to make the bed softer we also would like to soend more time in the hotel bar, but smoking inside was rather repellent for us

the hotel location us just perfect, we would appreciate a little larger room but nice balcony and view compensated it, breakfasts were excellent ( everybody can choose his own style )

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Couldn’t really fault anything, but would be nice if the prosecco was also served at breakfast during the week and not just at weekends.

The lovely anniversary surprise in our room, serenity (probably because it was off season), breakfast choices, view from our room and the lovely Zita in reception who made us feel so welcome.

• Suite (2 Adults)

The management were ignorant to an incident in the restaurant at breakfast. My wife and I were verbally abused by a resident who was a complete fraud. The resident became verbally aggressive when challenged regarding their job role and began threatening and started swearing. The restaurant cake to a standstill. The management did nothing apart from a comment “we will deal with it”. My wife was very upset and it ruined our mini break. Upon our checkout I asked the receptionist for the name of the General Manager, she refused stating it was not acceptable for me to have the name of the General Manager. I explained it was for the purpose of addressing correspondence and I was toldthat the hotel was not responsible for any action a resident may make and writing in would do nothing. My mini break was ruined due to the above incident, and the hotel did not care.

The hotel and facilities along with the location is excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything! Service excellent, great choice of food at the buffet breakfast including freshly cooked omelettes. Very helpful and informative reception staff, particularly Agi. Great to get a bed around the pool any time and no reserving beds! Hope to return.

• Double or Twin Room

no complaints ..... a most enjoyable stay!!

Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Quality and variety of food on offer in dining room was excellent as was the attitude of the chefs and serving staff..... a very pleasurable experience in what we would now consider the best hotel (out of circa 10 previously visited) in the Palmanova area .

• Double or Twin Room

The extra charge of €50 per night because I did not advise that my wife was staying in a double room was excessive. They charge €16 for the rental of a room safe plus a deposit of €10 which was refunded. The safe in my experience has always just been a deposit with no daily charge. WE had a bad experience when my wife slipped on a wet floor. No signage or warning was there. She has hurt her back and shoulder but no apology was forth coming from any of the hotel management even though we did advise them. There was no offer of medical assistance which is a normal service provided especially when it was not our fault.

The breakfast and food in general was excellent. The staff were very helpful and the facilities were well maintained.

• Double Room with Sea View

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

The hotel staff very helpful, smiling and pleased to help, hotel very good, clean and well presented, would recommend highly.

• Double Room with Sea View

deposit for pool towels, paying for room safe, bath towels very tired, breakfast limited with cava only on a saturday.

Great location, pool area lovely and lots of bed, pool bar great.

See above

Cleaner did not clean bathroom the entire week! No complimentary water or coffee pods after first day. Room was TINY with rubbish beds and sink in the main room. Was like a premier inn or budget hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee in Room for first 2 days after that tea tray, only filled with tea & sugar just a little niggle..... otherwise excellent, will be going back.

Lovley hotel & staff, nothing to much trouble, brilliant breakfast,

• Double Room with Sea View

Maybe it is worth to think about a small gym ??

Big selection of food for breakfast, veeeery big(!) and everything was really tasty. It was possible to order the degree of fried eggs, tosts and even on our special request we could order the omelette prepared in front of our eyes. Fresh-squeezed orange juice and smoothie was a perfect addition to the breakfast. Excellent service!! Clean room and whole hotel space. Great care for the cleanliness of the pool water. Very comfortable hotel with a really high standard of service and accommodation. Great location. We had a wonderful stay and we will definitely go back someday!!

• Suite (2 Adults)

Late check in - I had emailed hotel direct to ask for early check in and was advised it may be possible. Now I accept that if the previous guest doesnt leave until 2 noon on the day I arrive that the room is not going to be ready, but it was annoying to see other guests get their rooms hours before I did - indeed it was after 3pm before I got my key & the girl on reception was most surly. Having paid over €500 for the one night I hoped for better. The suite itself was very good but the mini bar was empty except for a small bottle of water. You have to order items from "room service" to stock the mini bar! They also charge you to use the room safe and for pool towels - I expect these items to be included for a supposedly 4 star hotel. All other hotels I have used this year have given them as standard. They use the word Style in their title - it's style over substance for me & they have a long way to go before I would call this 4 star hotel

Staff by pool were good - but usual story of reserving of sunbeds by people who then go for breakfast etc.

• Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool above reception seems quite funky at check in. But not so funky when you feel like going for a swim. Thankfully a second pool offers more privacy

Great location, no kids, easy access to the beach. Also very easy for a day trip to Palma

• Double or Twin Room

room overlooked from apartment block

pool area fair. but to small to swim in , sea only 150meters from hotel . i only hah b&b so can't comment on evening meal . location great.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Suite (2 Adults)

There was some work being done which was noisy for two days next to the rooftop terrace and we had booked this property 9 months prior so were not expecting this and nobody informed us however I have lodged a compensation claim for these two days and am waiting to hear from them

Although a bit pricey the room,private spa and rooftop terrace was excellent

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Beds not changed - staff informed and they were apologetic.

Booked a superior room. Comfy beds. Big shower. Very clean. Great breakfast! Quirky modern hotel with good amenities. Fab bar with very good bar staff! Comfy sun beds. We had a private roof terrace with huge sunbed and jacuzzi bath - very nice! Overall very good stay 😎

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room OK for a couple of nights, but not enough drawers, hanging space for longer clothing items, nor hooks for outside wear. I did not like people being allowed to take a dog through the breakfast area and being around the bar area. Smoking allowed in all bar areas! Charges for room safe and deposits for outside towels

Stylish, pleasant attractive public areas, friendly staff. Good size fridge in room. Good location with a wide variety of eating places, bars and cafes nearby. Plenty of busses into Palma as well as taxi rank a few metres down the road. Just a walk across the busy road, which had plenty of crossings well respected by all drivers, onto a good beach and a very good wide pavement all along the beach for several kms.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Food was good but main meat in evening and certain things at breakfast would run out quite early. Chambermaid did not replace shower gel or anything else and we had to ask for it. Also did not wash our cups and saucers up. Shower was lovely but was very shallow and water kept trying to overflow. Other guests mentioned the same. but these are smallish things and would still recommend hotel

Wi fi in room good. Also English tv channels. Modern light and fresh decor throughout; friendly staff. Great location and hotel not too large. Would recommend to others and stay again myself

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Ensuring room was water tight - slightly flooded after heavy rain coming in under door. Towels and buckets in reception (water from faulty 2nd pool) - not what I would have expected from a hotel of this class....

Friendly staff and great shower - good choice on tele (BBC1, 2 and Channel 4 & Film 4)

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Swim Up Room (2 Adults)

The toilet facilities were not good. The toilet as the shower cubical a open on to the room. No privacy. The plumbing went very wrong and blocked up. The plumber fixed it but left a mess behind that housekeeping did not clean up. The cleaning was not that great. Asked them to change the sheets and it didn't happen. We asked if they could inform, us of any upgrades, this did not happen and we knew they were available. Possibly worst of all was the food. Very little choice and the dishes were often served cold. The dinner was the worse. Breakfast was ok but they ran out of butter and musili and did not replace it for days. We decided that we couldn't face dinner and went out a few nights. There was music everywhere, hard to escape it. In corridors and all public areas all the time. It was definitely not a 4* hotel. I have stayed on many 4* in Majorca and can say this came nowhere near what a 4* should offer. I won't be back.

The swim up pool room It has just been refurbished Parking at the hotel Palmanova was nice, shops and bars were excellent

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Mold kind of smell in the bathroom...7/10 overall cleanliness in the bathroom an wc...

Amazing breakfast and juice machine, good variety and choice. Attentive and funny staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was good. Nothing bad to say about the hotel or staff. 100% satisfied and would definitely stay again

Very clean, spacious rooms, excellent choice for breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Nothing I didn't like.

This hotel is in the perfect location, the staff are very helpful and the rooms and food are just out if this world. I was worried about going staying here and I can honestly say it was truly amazing in every way.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The pool was only for cooling down as it was too small. And they did not have a standing shower nearby so the guests went in the pool all sweaty, I found that off putting.

I was there for only 3 days but I really liked it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel sits at the very center of Palmanova beach and has great stores and restaurants nearby.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

very friendly staff, excellent facilities, close to beach and restaurants

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

To have known our bedroom view had a building...

The breakfast choices were amazing!!!

Everythink

• Double or Twin Room

They ask you to pay 4 Euros a day to use the safe. Cleaners take ages to come. Slow WiFi!

Nothing...

First Class Hotel in all respects....

Nothing to dislike

The staff are very friendly and nothing was any trouble

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Spa pool could have been bigger but wouldn’t be needed if weather was warmer

Food was fab as was the room with hot tub. Staff were very nice

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Twin beds pushed together as opposed to a double bed

Loved the Superior Sea View Room with private hot tub on the roof

Location and staff

• Double or Twin Room

The staff where incredibly helpful. And was by far the breakfast ive ever had in a hotel.

N/a

Loved the property the interior design was Fresh , location fabulous , rooms Lovely , great view and lovely staff

Mix up with bill

Location pool spa restaurant

• Double Room with Sea View

There are no comments available for this review

• Double or Twin Room

Spa dissappointing with tiny sauna, nowhere to hang clothes and pool a bit boring.

The overall feel of the place, decor, layout colours etc.

SPA

Brokastis

• Double Room with Sea View

We have stayed here three times now Nd we have had problems with leaking shower trays each time

The beds are comphy and the rooms are light and clean

• Double or Twin Room

Very basic rooms like walking into an IKEA bedroom , good hotel but way too overpriced based on facilities.

Good clean hotel , good location

• Double or Twin Room

They cleaned the room only 2 times during our 8-day stay. The room was very small.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff was fabulous with us it was our anniversary they sent us a bottle of prosecco wich made our day so thoughtful

• Double or Twin Room

View from room was over refuse bins.

Friendly helpful staff. Really clean hotel. Good choice for breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The service in the bar was extremely slow.

Loved the swimming pool and that the hotel was so close to the beach.

Reception staff

• Double or Twin Room

The beds at the pool are superb... the location can't be better... the staff is very kind and helpful.

Nothing!!

Everything! Could nt fault the place, the food, the service and the position so close to the sea front. will def be returning1

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel, spotlessly clean, staff extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Everything! Hotel was excellent in every way

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The view from our room wasn't a good one

The property is in a great location and is a lovely hotel

Nithing

Fab location ultra clean midernand light - could not fault it going back in June and September😄

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Heating lack of

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Dinners were OK , not great

Breakfast excellent. Room was good and especially the Nespresso machine!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A spa/sauna without shower, however just a cold tub is very weird

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Wall round roof terrace was not high enough no privacy

Hotel woz good and the rooms were very clean and food was goodw

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There should be more different bread at breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The service at the bar was not very good

Very tastefully decorated. Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very clean, unfortunately the second pool wasn't ready for use and the check in staff took forever to check us in

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.