Reviews of Balmes Residence

Mallorca, 216, Eixample, 08008 Barcelona, Spain

#376 of 1,300 Holiday rentals in Barcelona

Based on 79 apartment reviews

• Executive Double Room

At over 200 euro a night, the cutting corners by charging us nearly 3 euro for a coffee capsule was just plain ridiculous and petty. You're only provided with 'complimentary' capsules on the first day. If you ask for them for the rest of your stay, you get charged. Rather ridiculous, when then there is no kettle in the room. Capsules from nespresso are 35 pence. At over 200 euro a night, I think providing two coffee capsules as part of the room service is not really asking for too much. The sauna was lovely - but instead of being able to turn it on and off yourself, you have to ask the reception every time. A bit inconvenient as I feel it takes away from the spontaneity of using the amenities. I've stayed at better hotels that have cost less. Would I stay there again because of value for money? No. Would I stay there because of its location? Yes.

Customer service was top class. Really helpful reception. Very informative and happy to provide us with an umbrella when it was raining. Location is perfect. Short walk to attractions, bus and metro connections as well as some wonderful restaurants. No noise or distractions in the room. Comfortable beds.

• Executive Double Room

Small, personal and great residence at very good location. Comfortable and quiet superior double room overlooking a small, but nice garden. Very helpful staff, supporting us with balloons and a cake to celebrate our daughters birthday. Many nice restaurants close by, and walking distance to most of the "best places" in Barcelona.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Smoking in public outdoor areas (eg by pool). Expensive breakfast and bar.

Pool for kids. Mosaic floors. Pillows and linen. Local restaurants, cafes and supermarket

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Apartment (4 Adults)

We did not get the room we had paid for - very unhappy. We had booked "Apartment (4 Adults) Bedroom 1 - 1 double bed + 1 sofa bed. Living room - 1 x sofa bed.The manager lied to us saying they they did not have any two roomed apartments. They quite clearly do from their photos and the porter told us that they had two larger apartments with two rooms which would sleep four. They put us in room 29, which had the metro running underneath it which only stopped in the early morning. Very noisy.

The location, great air con.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I told it bifore

Some Rooms are Very Little . The rooms facing the street ha no curtains and no darkness for sleeping. STAFF Very kind and rooms Very clean

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Apartment (4 Adults)

1.Room very noisy ( metro's nois). 2. Room is different as the picture in website ( without internal door for 4 bedrooms !!) 3. Room was very dark 4. Windows not open

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Apartment (4 Adults)

I searched booking.com for a two bedroom hotel Appartment with a pool. The booking.com app gave me a choice of rooms, two of which where two bedroom hotel Appartments (the reason the hotel came up in my search) I booked one of these more expensive rooms. A day before checking I phoned the hotel to change confirm that I had one of their 2, two bedroom Suits, I was told I had a two room suite. On arrival the room allocated was at best a 1 bedroom with a walk through lounge area (with no natural light) that doubled up as a second bedroom. It was not what I was expecting. I thought that this is how the hotel had cannily described two bedroom suits. We where very tiered from a long journey so settled in for the day. It was only the next day that I discovered the two bedroom suite I had booked on booking.com did actually exist - but presumably was not available when I checked in. When I raised this with the staff and hotel manager they agreed to adjust the hotel charge so I paid the correct rate for the room I was allocated. If I had not raised this complaint the hotel would have happily charged me the higher rate for the room I booked but was not provided. The hotel manager gave an excuse they need to correct the 'pictures on booking.com'. In short I think this is a scam. I paid double the price I would normally pay for a hotel room that was marketed as a two bedroom suite knowing they we would need the space. This hotel I think routinely secures these bookings then allocated one of its many one bedroom Appartments that have a sitting area with a sofa bed. I remain very dissatisfied with booking.com and this hotel.

The Hotel rooms are nicely designed and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Executive Double Room

Bar and restaurant closed too early. Bit of a distance from everything. About 20 mins to main areas. Paper thin walls could hear every noise from other rooms.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Lovely beautiful terrace with a private bath outside. Very clean hotel. Nice pool area.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Staff at reception desk - rude, non helpful when issue was raised, ruined my hen do at the out set.

Ali and Julietta - Pool bar staff, made our stay very enjoyable and memorable. They went over and beyond to ensure our stay went smoothly and we were enjoying ourselves.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very few sunbeds...

Lovely hotel with nice helpful staff The apartment was well equipped And With original stucco. We loved the overall cleaniness and location. Lovely garden with small swimmingpool. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

Occasionally the key card didn't work and we had to go back to reception which was an inconvenience after a day sight seeing

The hotel had a bar by the pool and a jacuzzi. The rooms were very spacious. White company toiletries and they gave me a birthday gift

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Executive Double Room

The room we were in was noisy, so anyone walking by our room, talking or cleaning or anything would be heard clearly in the room.

Beautiful rooms and decor. Bed is comfy. Shower is great. It was a pity I didn't get to enjoy the small cozy swimming pool they have.

• Executive Double Room

Sound insulation not good in room

Very attentive staff, good location, comfortable bed, good shower.

• Executive Double Room

More supplies in the kitchen would have been nice

Gorgeous private room

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Luxury apartment style family room.

The gym

Room was spacious, staff were great

• Executive Double Room

Beds very comfy and complimentary toiletries were very good quality. Staff were very polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

Location of my room. Too many people hanging around outside my door as room was in a communal area and near a conference room.

Nice place

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

Limited coffee / tea provision in room

Staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

WiFi was a little picky

Location excellent, parking available over the road at Parking Palfer. Friendly staff. Possible to take a much more inexpensive breakfast only a few metres away.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Slightly impersonal feel. We had downstairs room with only window semi-obscured as it went straight into street.

Well placed hotel. Small but attractive pool area.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Apartment was modern, clean and comfortable. Hotel facilities were great and the location isn't too bad either. 10 minute walk down to main square in Barcelona. Would consider staying here again if I return to Barcelona with friends.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The bed is a bit hard. There were a problem with sewing that day and we got bad smell for a few hours but this was fixed completely by the staff.

Stylish apartment design interior, nice garden with pool and jacuzzi, friendly and helpful staff. Good location, very central and convenient.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2015

The price was substantially higher than when booked, and not only due to additionally ordered breakfast.

Very nice stylish hotel with quiet atrium, good location in centre and not far from the direct trains to the airport. Kind and helpful staff, no problem with earlier arrival.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

I didnt like the fact they over charged me and are now ignoring my emails asking for a refund.

I liked the location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Pool on the small side

Great Family room, awesome location just 2 blocks from Pg de Gracia

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Balmes Residence traveller photo gallery