Reviews of Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults Only 4 stars

Paseo García Faria, 37-47, Sant Martí, 08019 Barcelona, Spain

#352 of 528 hotels in Barcelona

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Great value for money and restaurant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool closed for reconstruction. Chair in room unconfortable.

Restaurant and room service had good food. Spa and gym facilities excellent. Staff very accommodating. Room always clean. Good price.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

Watch out the boiling water!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was noisy due to the street/traffic noise ==> better insolation of wiondows is needed. The room was cold and the air conditioner did not help solve this problem The water was boiling very quickly ==> this is dangerous for children and unaware customers.

The customer service and location are good.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

Excellent, would definately recommend this hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Slamming doors from people who just let their doors swing shut made it a little noisy at times (but this is only a minor issue)

Staff we excellent - very friendly. The bedrooms were a good size with comfortable beds. There was a good choice for breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Nice and quiet
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tried to adjust the room temperature but I think didn’t work although there is an A/C controller in the room To be fare, I didn’t report it to the hotel staff

Comfortable bed and quiet. Staff are really nice, restaurant was serving high quality breakfast. Location not in the city center but in very nice and quiet area. Only 15 minutes walk to the city center. And there is a mall 10 minutes away if you walk. Also near to city conference center. If you are having a car they have parking but you need to check the hotel. Compare the location with your need first. The hotel it self I give it 8.5/10

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

The hotel was very modern and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very modern and clean. The gym exceeded many hotel gyms in terms of quality of equipment. The breakfast was vast with plenty of different options, and I had no problems at all during my stay.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

I had paid for a sea view room and was not happy with the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was no air-conditioning in the room that I could see and the room became quite warm at times. Being October and the fact that I am Autralian I wasn't too fussed but I imagine in summer it would be quite unbearable.

I had paid for a sea view room and was not happy with the room I was given on arrival as it only had the tiniest window overlooking the ocean. After I went down to reception to complain they happily showed me another room to see if I like the view better and had my new key waiting for me when I got home late that evening.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

- the absolutely best breakfasts in the world, such a hude...

- the towels were gray instead of white - the beds are really terrible, they don't stay at one place - the offer of beverages in minibar is poor - we have some problems with service (the room wasn't ready when we arrived, one of the lifts were out of order for 2 days)

- the absolutely best breakfasts in the world, such a hude variety of delicious food - the hotel is near the beach

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room itself was fairly roomy for European standards with a mini bar which is always nice. The bed itself was really good very large and comfortable with tons of pillows. It was nice to wake up and see the Mediterranean. It’s just a few blocks to a subway that connects to everything. The neighborhood is quiet and more businesslike and a short walk to lots of restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Not bad, but value for many was not acceptable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

This hotel located in a terrible place, with public transportation it is almost impossible to reach. In the room, toilet was bad, because water flowed continuously, It has an ocean view, however there is no balcon and windows cannot be opened normally. Check in was not so easy, there were a lot of guests and we can get our room only at the designated time (no earlier booking is possible). There is a selective waste collector in front of the hotel which was noisy and not so nice. There was not inside pool, only one on the roof which was quietly cold.

Breakfast was good, omlett or fried eggs can be asked from the staff, juices were also fine. Room was quite modern.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

We payed a lot in advance, and when we arrived they had no...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We payed a lot in advance, and when we arrived they had no big beds available so they put us in separate ones. When a month before we payed to get a DOUBLE bedroom

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Basic - not much heart. Clinical. Best feature - pool which is not included.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The price was high considering location. After paying to use pool and commute in, probably would be more cost effective to get one closer to central Barcelona

Disappointed that you had to pay for the pool. Would have thought this was included in price . Close to Olympic village, worth a visit.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The reception staff needed to be more knowledgeable, they...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The reception staff needed to be more knowledgeable, they had little idea of local places to eat except the ones immediately by the hotel nor of the open-top tourist bus.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Beautiful beachside hotel.
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

Check-in was busy and although the staff are friendly and hard working, there just wasn't enough staff. I had difficulty working a coffee machine in my room and it took well over an hour and two trips downstairs to get it sorted out. The hotel doesn't have the best access to public transport.

It's a solid modern hotel with beautiful views and a very sociable pool area.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Totally overpriced for what is offered from location to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Totally overpriced for what is offered from location to services. Even if the price was one of a luxury hotel considering the season (200 euo per night) money was asked for everything: the very little bottle if water (3 euro and a half) the breakfast, the sea view, and even the lounge beds at the swimming pool were from 10 euro on! Swimming pool is 3x4 m and is crowded as soon. As there are 3 people inside. Don t be fooled by the nice pictures: it was A low cost experience at a very wrong price. To avoid

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I did not like my room at all because it was so small that...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like my room at all because it was so small that not enough space even for 1 suitcase. During 5 days staying over there nobody cleaned floor in our room so at the end of our vacation I felt dust by my feet, what was not big pleasure. Every time I touch faucet in shower cabin handle fell off to bathtub. On top of that one night my wive"s purse was stolen when were sitting at patio of hotels bar. So I am definitely not happy with Accidental Atenea Mar Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Felt like I had been cheated by the description of the room I booked
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I paid for what the hotel called a superior room. What they didn’t advise was that although this does give you a sea view it’s only from floors 1-5. Our room was on the second floor. There are 2 main roads running that run between the hotel and the beach . The noise is constant and so you are better off not having the sea view on these floors and staying at the back of the hotel! I discovered this after having no sleep the first night. The only room available to move to was a much smaller room on the side of the hotel on the 5th floor which had twin beds instead of a double. The staff were helpful in moving us but as this was a present for my partners 40th it really put a dampener on the start of our stay. The hotel is a good 1hrs walk from Barcelona centre and around 15 euros in a taxi. You have to pay 10 euros a day to use the sun loungers by the pool which is a total liberty!!!

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was varied and fresh. The pool area was great and the best part of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great hotel, a bit overpriced but was good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Food not great but was fine, the pool bar food was much better than downstairs. Also the facilities were a bit poor, the pool is small considering there is space for a bigger one. The gym was very basic not good enough really.

rooms were nice, beds were comfy and shower was good.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The staff were amazing at the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazing at the hotel. Very helpful to tourist that don’t know the area. They gave very detailed information for travel links and tourist hot spots. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Great city, spoiled by exhorbitant charges at hotel for sunbeds
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I thought it very bad that guests at the hotel had to pay for use of sunbeds, 10€ per day per bed. I have never met this before. All hotels where we have stayed, and we are very well travelled, have had sunbeds available for use of guests at no charge. Charging is normally only the case on a beach.

Our room was very nice and the bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Amazing!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing, this hotel is amazing. Definitely coming back.

We were randomly selected by the hotel to be a VIP which means we got upgraded to the suite for free which came with a lot of perks. The rooftop pool and bar is gorgeous, good drinks, short walk to the beach. The concierge not only made an excellent dinner recommendation, but he called the restaurant and booked the reservation for us and called us a taxi. Superb over the top hotel and a great price. Oh and the breakfast is amazing, too many choices that you cant eat in one sitting. Really great to be in a hotel with no children running around a pool or being loud. I highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

All good except failure to make up room early - or even in the middle of the day.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Room was not made up until very late most afternoons. What a difference on the day it was done in the morning - MUCH more relaxing. We were four friends, each with our own rooms, and staying for a week. We all found this to let the hotel down. It was emphatically not the fault of the cleaning staff but clearly lack of a good system. We were told that rooms where guests had checked out had to have priority, which is fair enough, but due consideration of guests staying for 7 nights - a total of 28 nights if you count 4 rooms, was not given.

Reception staff particularly Francesca were SO helpful. I had problems with wifi connection - really with my phone - and the patience and help I was given were the highlights of the stay.

Excellent location for beach and City break with friends.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The bar was a bit on the costly side and wasn't well stocked. We had a problem with the waste in our room, but it was soon dealt with and repaired. Road noise was quite intrusive during the night, but I suppose balanced by the view. Can't have one without the other.

The room was much more spacious than we expected with an enormous bed! The view was spectacular, overlooking the sea. The pool area was luxurious (if noisy from the road) but the water was very cold considering we were in full sun most of the time. A comfortable well run hotel perfect for our weekend break with friends. Breakfast buffet was excellent.

3 day break to Barcelona
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Information on the pool is quite deceiving. Its very small, cold, and not really suitable for swimming

Good breakfast, reception and concierge staff very helpful

I liked the location and stafg, and the room was very nice...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The air conditioning didn't work very well, we were pretty warm which can be uncomfortable for sleeping.

I liked the location and stafg, and the room was very nice and clean.

Barcelona September 2018
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

- The bar was only open in the evening time. - We wanted to eat in the hotel one evening although was informed that the restaurant was not open. Due to the hotel being located out of the main city, there was only a handful of restaurants open nearby, so it would have been better if the restaurant was open in the evening. - Rooftop pool not big enough for the amount of rooms/people in the hotel.

- Breakfast: great selection and well worth the price. - Bed: huge and very comfortable bed. - Towels provided by the hotel for both your room and beach/pool. - Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Comfy and clean, just lack of bar staff and slow to get drinks
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very slow to get drinks in pool bar and lobby and never seem to be well stocked, could be waiting 15 minutes for them to get the glass and ingredients. Limited sunbeds which you have to pay 10€ for.

The property was modern, clean with very comfy well-equipped bedrooms. Very easy to get taxis into the centre but also walkable

Clean rooms, friendly staff and good selection at breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool was tiny in comparison to the amount of rooms in the hotel. The breakfast area was a bit cramped when busy.

Clean rooms, friendly staff and good selection at breakfast.

Not close to anything
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms and facilities are good but everything is a bit worn and town. Nothing nearby except the beach, even metro and tram are 20 mins walk.

The staff are great, the pool on the roof is tiny but nice and the beach is nearby.

Not worth it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- Sewage smell right in front of the hotel - Sewage smell in the bathroom caused by bad engineering (no U-shaped water traps in tub and sink. That's a total engineering fail). - No towel heater in the bathroom - Cheap flimsy furniture - Door in the bathroom scrubs the floor (not hanged correctly) - Floor is not carpeted (gets sandy pretty quick to walk without shoes) - No daily cleaning - Not enough sunbeds near the pool (~10) - No private hotel sunbeds on the beach - Cannot turn off bed lights completely (I don't like to sleep with a light) - Breakfast not included (after you've paid 1050eur/week) - Expensive

- Breakfast - Daily towel change (but the cleaner took the old towels and didn't bring the new ones one day) - 5min walk to the beach - Beach towels

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Away from the madding crowd of central Barcelona. Quite expensive and don't expect any extra's!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Although away from the loud crowds, could still hear some traffic noise from the main road outside, although managed to sleep ok. Complimentary water bottles in the room would have been nice- when paying so much for the hotel, I would expect not to have to fork out for bottled water. I asked for drinking water at the hotel restaurant and they filled up my re-useable bottle.

The view was uninterrupted to the sea from the (sea view) room and the air con was very welcome! The bed was comfortable (and large!). The pool area was nice and clean although the pool bar does not open every day- apparently weather dependent. Quite far from the busy/loud central Barcelona but fairly easy to get into town either on the Tourist Bus (green line stops on the same block). Not too far from a Metro station too and very close to the beaches.

I wouldn’t recommend
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The sound proofing was the worst I’ve experienced. You could hear people in next rooms walking around, shifting furniture, testing the locked interconnecting door at some ridiculous hour in the middle of the night. In fairness the hotel staff suggested we moved rooms as we had particularly inconsiderate neighbours on both sides. But the general movement around the room could be heard in our second room too. I wouldn’t revisit here. Very disappointed

I have got to say the staff were faultless with regard to my complaint. My complaint is more about the property......

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good Hotel for Sightseeing BCN
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Well 10 EUR for a Sunbed and a glass of Champagne is it not really worth it. You can use the Beanbags for free though. The Pool area is really small, its more like a Whirlpool to cool down and not to swim. Better you go the public beaches. No balconies in the entire hotel.

The Location is great: Close to the Beach, Bus Tour-Stations, Restaurants, Diagonal Mall etc. Our Room was clean and quiet. The Breakfast was amazing, lots of good food. Staff is nice and friendly.

Away from the city fuss but not too far, the hotel is clean...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bar in the ground floor is not always open, I’m on vacation and I would like to have a drink every once in a while before I head out.

Away from the city fuss but not too far, the hotel is clean and comfortable

Very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would have preferred a double bed, rather than two single beds, but the room itself was of a high standard. My only slight complaint is that the pool closed early (around 8pm) and the breakfast was expensive and not included.

It was very clean and the beach nearby was fantastic. The hotel was in general terms qualitative.

Disappointing overall
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ultra small pool which looked nothing like the pictures, very small room, half of the sitting next to the pool requiring extra money

Good quality & good value for money breakfast

To be fare the restaurant in this hotels I would rate it 9...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The house keeping in this hotel I will give them the trophy of the worst house keeping ever, they don't clean properly,or they even don't clean at all just will change the towels and they are done. even if your privacy sign on the door they will knock the door and open and enter,,,,,

To be fare the restaurant in this hotels I would rate it 9 out of 10,the food the staff the hygiene is really doesn't belong to the same hotel

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I would love to do it again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Actually nothing I did not like and I'm a pretty picky person

It's amazing I loved how comfortable the bed is, the breakfast and the hotel style and decoration. I would definitely recommend it.

The room (sea view) were new and well furnished.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No Balcony Option. The pool is very very small (only 80cm depth). The sun beds, only few available, must be booked in advance and are subjected to fee. However kind of puff seats are available for free. It can get very crowed on the pool terrasse and there is a limited offer of beach umbrellas (actually only for the sun beds)

The room (sea view) were new and well furnished. The location of the hotel is excellent, even few steps aways from one of the stops of the City Sightseeing Bus (green line). The staff was nice and helpfull. Very good Breakfast

Room was lovely, with an amazing view of the beach and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location of the hotel is very far from the centre of Barcelona making dining options limited at night. The phone for room service and other services did not work in our room. The pool was great but it's a shame that you are required to pay extra for a sun bed or lounge.

Room was lovely, with an amazing view of the beach and surrounding areas. The hotel facilities were modern, clean and staff were very friendly. We very much appreciated having no children around the hotel.

Sea view unbeatable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Awesome sea view. Worth the money. We couldn't stop smiling when looking out the window. Thankful for an upgrade which was much appreciated and gave us a huuuge bed! Comfortable bed/pillows and clean and spacious room and bathroom. We cannot fault it. Staff were friendly, giving us information about local eateries and places of interest upon check in. Great wifi. Gym and pool are also good; only issue is that the pool lounge area is busy with no chairs often available in the afternoons. But the beach is so close that we spent our time there instead :) 10min walk to train station to get you into Catalonia (city) and all major attractions. Recommend this hotel.

Bed was wonderful, so many pillows!
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

The pool is not not as big as it looks in the photos! But still very nice and clean and well attended by the staff

Bed was wonderful, so many pillows!! Room was clean and spacious, great bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful and made me feel very well looked after as a solo traveller. Breakfast was very good, lots of options. Hotel is very very close to the beach and an easy 10 minute taxi into the centre of Barcelona

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great location but BE AWARE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SUNBEDS!!!
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

The hotel advertises it's pool & sunbathing area. What it and Booking.com fail to advertise is the fact that you need to pre-book a lounger at 10 euros per day per lounger. The bean bag beds are 1st come 1st served and as per normal these are all gone by 8am. Only way we could get a bed was to pay 120 euros a day for a Balinese bed. This should be noted by any potential visitor as when i raised the issue with hotel management their reply was we have 190 rooms and only 30 beds. Great, tell me something i don't know. Would not use this hotel again.

Nice hotel, clean and good breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor parking entrance (high pedestrian road cross kills your car). Extremely small pool, too small restaurant.

Nice hotel, clean and good breakfast. Rather close to Barcelona center and airport.

Took over 30 mm to check in got wrong room twice !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Took over 30 mm to check in got wrong room twice ! (Double bed requested were given twin) receptionist are a nightmare young girls not knowing anything long Q and waiting 15 mm to get 2 beach towels after queuing 20mm !! Room cleaning very very poor,no resupply of bathroom products or coffee facilities Service in general very poor,food and beverage option very very limited,breakfast only one option buffet €12 on the days instead of €17 ( promotion) seem ok as buffet was ok and a chef to cook eggs to order But no other option if you only want a coffee For breakfast The pictures of the pool on the website look ok wasn’t t expecting an Olympic size one But what is there is a large tub with 2 feet of water 6 guest and over crowded plus they have the cheek to charge €10 for a longer !! More like a hotel for sales rep or airline crew rather than a holiday break hotel Oh by the way the beach is not 150metre away more like 500m crossing major roads Beach is nice do bring towels and the few longer around are also €10 and parasol €10 And for info half the beach are for nudists So all not be back to this hotel as value for money was very poor

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

6.0
    Staff too rode
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room 103 was very hot the day shift decline to change the room or fix the AC. The night shift change the riim

I forget my dress and tawel in room 301. I return back after one week to clame what I lose. I could found the dress but they did not return back my tawel

Nice Hotel near the Beach and Away from the Busy City
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool is very shallow, and you basically need to kneel on the ground to be in it. Also you cannot use the sunbeds beside the pool unless you buy drinks from their bar. They have beanbags to use for free but the sunbeds would be more comfortable.

Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and spoke English. Quiet neighborhood. Just use the Metro to go places.

The staff was helpful and did their best to accommodate us...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A third room key should just be given so that both occupants can have a key for access as well as having one for the room to keep the air conditioning on

The staff was helpful and did their best to accommodate us when we only spoke English. This was a large help as we found very few other places so helpful with the language barrier

We do recommend this place!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It’s pity there are no balcony at all...

Great place. Just in front of the beach, close to the public transport. Delicious breakfasts and modern rooms with breathtaking view. Cool pool :-) Very nice stuff.

It was the best experience ever.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I really enjoyed the swimming pool. The view from the pool was incredible. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room I stayed in was amazing, it was very clean and was a good size for two people. The bed was huge which made it even better. The view from our room was also brilliant. The location was good. Loads of restaurants around and a 3 minute walk to the beach.

Not so bad 😌
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Lifts not enough for all buildings, need wait 10 minutes sometimes... need 2 more lifts at least.. not good level of service over all... fitness is good but need weight heavier than 10kg :/... the lady of breakfast is very rude 😅 by the morning, come on breath!! 😄 It’s a gay spot (front of Mar Bella Beach..) nothing against but better to know it if you are a single hetero man traveling 🤷🏻‍♂️😇 Last but not least, the swimming pool is ridiculous and you need pay 10€ per day for a stay near it 🤦🏻‍♂️😆

Usual stuff

The pool area and its staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Toilet flush was not working so well. We could hear all the other rooms - not sound proof at all - some other guest let the alarm on for 30min at 9am and it woke us up very quickly.

The pool area and its staff. Amazing view and comfortable bedroom. Nice breakfast.

Nice Hotel Great Location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some of the reception women didn't have much manners and seemed like they was coming across rude to me and my friend who i stayed there with. There was a guy called SAMBA, who is of a black decent and had the best reception manner out of them all. He made me and my friend feel welcome and was ever so helpful, he has manners and respect for ppl of all cultures.

I loved how clean the hotel is and how my room was cleaned well every day. I loved the pool area and the food there. Breakfast is also nice and recommend ppl to have this here.

Had a lovely time. Looking to book again next year. And best no children
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wished we could of stayed longer.

Staff were soo friendly and helpful. Told us where all the restaurants and bars to go to. The hotel was so clean and rooms spacious. Rooms cleaned every day. Great location. Right opposite beach. Short walk to restaurants. Bus stop right outside. Food was lovely. Breakfast. And lunch. Cocktails are amazing.

Nice staffs, goof gym, good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The pool is too small than I saw at picture, and you need to pay (I forgot the detail) if you want to chill at the sun bed.

The staffs r really helpful and friendly, they gave me much more information than I expected. I came check in late then boom - I got 2 upgrade room. The room was good and the bed really comfy. The area is great you can do morning jogging in front of the hotel, and the best is the gym it's 24h.

Elements of a great hotel, but not one.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping: mold around the tub/shower, no replacement of toiletries (shampoo, body wash, and lotion), only decaf coffee in the room for 4 days. Items on the nightstand (adapter, earplugs, and glasses) were on the floor each day after cleaning. The gym is great, but behind an anonymous door in the middle of the basement parking garage with no sign pointing the way from the elevator. Initially given a large corner room with 2 beds and a view, but then reduced to a LOUD and TINY second floor room looking into an apartment complex in order to get the requested single bed. When the lads from the bachelor party returned at 5AM yelling, slamming doors, and smoking in the hallway, the desk failed to answer the phone to assist. Great pool area, but lounge chairs are $10 per day (to be fair, this does include a drink credit), and all taken by 10:15 AM. The chairs can be reserved in advance, but that information is not provided at check-in. This hotel has all of the pieces that make up a great place to stay, but simply doesn’t have the staff interest, engagement, and attention to detail to pull it off. Skip it—there are other great properties within a block or two.

Fantastic location by the beach, nice pool area with bar and talented bartender, comfortable bed, great pillow selection, excellent breakfast, multilingual staff, and well appointed gym.

A great choice for a beach-focused vacation.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The beds in the room kept sliding apart during the night. Somewhat poor (missing?) ventilation in the bathroom. The advertised rooftop pool was like 2x2 metres large and about knee deep, and was located on the 2nd floor roof (not the 9+ flloor hotel roof as I would have expected). It takes about 40 minutes to get from the hotel to the city center; this might be an issue for some. There aren't really any smallish cozy local restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel - for a nice local dinner you'll have to take a 15 minute walk.

The hotel is located in a five minute walk from a silent, cozy and clean beach and ten minutes away from the metro. Great variety of foods at the breakfast table. The room was comfortable with good air conditioning and a nice seaside view. A lof of restaurants within a 15 minute walk. An overall calm and silent part of the city.

Facilities are amazing, swimming pool and gym!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Needs more sun beds around the pool and staff need to be more polite. Asking a questions makes it look like hard work for them.

Facilities are amazing, swimming pool and gym! Bedrooms were very clean.

I don’t recommend
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No hot water in the shower. Everything cost extra. Room is quite expensive without breakfast, and for two person is 24€ extra per day. The pool area is nice but if you want to do something, you have to pay extra like if you want to lay on the chair or sofa. One small pool. There is two bikes that you can rent, 2h is 30€/2 bikes(and you cant use those bikes after 10pm) Barcelonas own bikes are 12€/2bikes/2h. Centrum is far,4,5km. You have to use a taxi, uber or a bike if you want to go there. Taxi and uber is 30-40€ to both way. Near the hotel is only 2 expensive tourist restaurants.

Breakfast is okey.

Amazing time in Barcelona, everyone was so friendly - will definitely be coming back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very clean, the beds were so comfortable and the roof top pool was aesthetically pleasing, amazing view and perfect place to chill with a cocktail! Location was fine, right on the beach - busy areas such as clubs and restaurants were only a 10 minute taxi away

Quiet place close to the beach if thast what youre looking for

Far from tourist attractions, 850 m from metro station

If you want to be close to the beach near a wonderful place to rent bikes and go on a bike path near the beach this is the place to be , not close to main turist attractions by foot

Close to the beach and the pool area is lovely.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much information given when checking with regards to the area though I’m sure if we asked the staff would be happy to help. We was room only and thought on check in we would be given more info regarding breakfast but we ended up searching on the website for this ourselves.

Close to the beach and the pool area is lovely.

Good decent 4* hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The window when closed was not entirely soundproof, resulting in noise from the traffic outside coming in. Earplugs help to fix this but it would be nice if the isolation could be improved. Also, room rates are on the high side, probably they raise the price during the festival...

Good decent hotel, right next to the beach. Rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. I used the hotel as a place to stay during the Primavera festival which is within walking distance (15'). The breakfast is buffet style and very good.

The pool/towel rules are not clear.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The pool/towel rules are not clear. And they have a great deck but virtually no lounge chairs nor umbrellas. And the few that they do have, they charge you They use bean bag chairs for the majority of guests - sorry but not cool for a place this expensive. They need to invest in many more lounge chairs and umbrellas and offer them at no cost.

Everything, the receptionist that booked us in was fantastic...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything, the receptionist that booked us in was fantastic, gave us recommendations to places to visit, very clean and friendly staff, we had the sea view which was awesome, plus was on same level as lounge and pool area. Everyone was very friendly, definitely thinking about coming back in the near future

Breakfast is good, not great but good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Avoid first floor if possible on the street side! The room was noisy due to the hordes of drunkies hanging around at night. Top that with a really nasty smell from the bathroom in the morning caused probably by poor draining system and you get a pretty bad value for your money

Breakfast is good, not great but good. Proximity to the beach but that doesn’t really count since you can find many other properties at same distance. I was there for work but I would probably not come back to the same place if personal leisure.

Overall it's a nice hotel and value for money consideringthe standard.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lifts are terrible. Either not working at all or incredibly slow. Can easily wait 5 minutes for the lift to arrive. Had to do 8 stories with a pregnant girlfriend after waiting so long.

It's a really nice hotel albeit slightly out of town. Very close to the beach though and cabs into Central Barcelona around £15. Nice restaurant and bar downstairs, the gym was a good size although limited on weights. The rooftop pool area is really nice although the service up there is incredibly slow. Beach view room was perfect for us.

Pool area, comfy beds, good location for beech, great...

Clean, facility’s.

Pool area, comfy beds, good location for beech, great little tapas bars close by, facilities, staff at check in where really welcoming.

So so... (and double price for next year...)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower, lack of possibility to choose bed type (one year ahead reservation) and terrace service, weren't as good as expected according to the price.

Good breakfast, clean rooms and well placed if you want to visit this part of the city.

Very nice, and this is the second year in a row we have stayed here. But, Expensive!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bar drinks are very pricey. $5 for the largest beer offering which is about half a pint. The room we had was very small. Just about enough room to manouvre around the bed but not much more.

Attractive hotel and pool area Bar food was pretty good for the money - roughly same value as beach front restaurants but a little closer to your room which is nice!

Good hotel outside of the city center.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some things could have been a bit better. E.g. there was no way to clean the toilet (no brush available) and glasses and cups in the room were not exchanged for clean ones.

The rooms and beds are good. The breakfast is very good as well. The hotel is close to a beach in what otherwise is mainly a residential area.

June 2018
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I'm a Wheelchair user & wetrroom layout not the best. Water spilling across bathroom floor. Room could have been bigger to allow more room for wheelchair. Pool not really big enough for a proper swim.

Good location close to the beach. Good choice on the breakfast buffet. Starfall very friendly.

Clean, modern hotel across from the beach, minutes from the metro and great neighborhood of Poblenou
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The gym and sauna are a bit out of the way being at basement level and a walk across the parking garage from the main elevator bank.

The staff from reception, cleaning, restaurant and tourism desk were all excellent. All were friendly and professional.

Pleasant stay, great room & atmosphere
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Sauna/gym location (having to cross the car park) is not ideal.

Very nice room, spatious, great bed and very clean. Nice atmosphere by the pool (a bit small though) on the 2nd floor, surrounded by deckchairs and bar. Town center accessible by public transport or by a good walk.

Very clean and modern hotel; a great value for the money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The coffee in the room could be upgraded. We had a kettle and some Nescafé instant coffee.

Great location, a short walk to the beach, the metro, and shops/restaurants. Very clean, modern hotel. Friendly staff. Neighborhood is quiet but not far from all the touristy places. I would stay here again.

Fabulous hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The suites on the first floor are pretty close to the street, but they are fabulously furnished and super clean. Noise gets a bit in. Some of the rooms on the back site are close to the next building - but for Barceona, there is still plenty of space to breath.

An all over fantastic hotel. The pool area on the roof is beyond believe. The view from the rooms facing the ocean is amazing. Location is great, the Diagonal Mar mall is just as close as 5 mins walk away. There are plenty of great restaurants in the Poblenou quarter and Rambla Poblenou is close by with allot of cafés, restaurants and genuine local street life. The Marbella beach is just across the street from the hotel so there is hardly possible to have it better. Poblenou is lively - packed with local people, but yet relaxed and more spacious than most other areas in Barcelona.

Showing 1 – 75