Reviews of Occidental Jandia Playa 4 stars

Sancho Panza, s/n, 35625 Morro del Jable, Spain

#19 of 42 hotels in Morro del Jable

Nice stay for week or two.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

noisy air conditioning but there was no need to use it! Sunbeds occupied by towels...

Piano bar! Restaurant especially grilled fishes Good access to Pico de Zarza!

There is specific stuff that is taking care of children and...
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

We were there with our 2 yrs old toddler who needs to sleep every day at noon. There was no silent period at noon. Almost every day there was an employer who performed noisy activities (like cutting the grass). We told them to be quiet or postpone it with 1-2 hrs, but didn’t happen

There is specific stuff that is taking care of children and entertain them. On cloudy days is perfect :)

Huge and full of nature territory of the hotel.
    • Double Room Sea view

Unreasonable prices for hotel's photographer services. It's like a loop they take you into, be careful. Veeery cold swimming pool.

Huge and full of nature territory of the hotel. Beautiful views, plenty of food and drinks at almost all hours, great staff.

Breakfast was good and varied.
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Dinner was not so good and healthy like the breakfast, big variety of unhealthy meals.

Breakfast was good and varied. Staff was very friendly and helpful (specially Soraya and Sven in the reception). Great location of the hotel, close to a wonderful and clean beach (really to enjoy it) I recommend visiting the south of the island Fuerteventura (Playa de los ojos, Playa de Jandía, Playa de Sotavento and Cofete and its beach, Playa de Cofete). You won't regret it :)

I had breakfast and dinner.
    • Double Room Sea view

I had breakfast and dinner. Drinks were not included and it was quite expensive. I share this to recomend an all inclusive fee in case you plan a long stay to enjoy the hotel.

Overall Very good. Fully recommend this hotel
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Only have small gripes, 1) There is no iron in the room and they only have limited number to rent out at reception. We waited 4 days for one to become available. 2) On a personal note we found the bed quite uncomfortable although it is a very good size.

We are an early 30's couple that stayed for 7 nights all Inclusive. Hotel was a pleasure to stay at. Good entertainment and the food was very good with a huge selection to choose from. Catering staff was excellent and always catered to our needs. Room was really clean and well serviced. Would fully recommend All inclusive as it was great value for money. Wellbeing centre, which was an additional cost of 12 euro's pp, was very good value for money and we ended up using their service 3 days out of 7. (On a side note we found it was worthwhile renting a car due to how far this is from the airport)

Comfy beds, good food.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Old fashioned damp smelling rooms, dark lighting. Queues at dinner hall and drinks bars, rude dinner hall staff. Located on top of a very steep hill over looking over a disused shopping mall.

Comfy beds, good food.

Goo. - mixed feelings, excellent personal but not-the best construction/management decision
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

1) Ventilation in the dining area left a lot to desire. 2) Despite preliminary request, and 2-nd beforehand warning - we had problems with my lactose intolerant son (real intolerance). Some food been non-marked. And every time we've been opted to ask line cooks or chefs to find out what's inside, does it contains milk or not. A couple of times we discovered errors in the marking or food notes..so.. you leaving on edge - what if? and then next 3 days he could spent in bed or in hospital. Happy thing is - he only ate something with a bit of milk the last day, and very-very small amount, so back to life in 1,5 days. 3) Sound insulation of floors in Block 8 . Horrible. Our neighbours from above - always been coming back to the room around midnight...and... dropping something like pool ball on the tiled floor. My wife woke up in horror once -"What's happened? Glass? Is it storm?..nope honey...sleep, that's our neighbours from above... relax" 4) Shower. The temperature in both rooms been just.. well, more or less random. I don't know , really guys , thermostatic mixing valve is around for how long 10-? 20- years? So what's the problem?

1) The personal. And once more - THE PERSONAL. I mean - for all flaws and some, although minor negative things (see below), the personal of the hotel been compensating with attention, help and great communication. 2) Access to the beach - pay attention - that there is a _back_ door in the hotel, leading to staircases and lift to the ground level, and from there to tunnel under the road and to the beach. From block 8 it took me 6 means to start undressing at the sea sand 3) Money-vs-service well spent. 4) Really positive thing for me - hotel in May mostly used by polite German, Spanish and Netherland citizens. No russians. I am not racist, bear in mind, but with their aggression towards my native country, and in generally with rude behaviour, heavy drinking - I'd prefer location : russian-tourist-free. This way it is more relaxed, predictable and easy-living. 5) Great thanks to Sebastian, guy from Argentina, helping us next to the pool and with towels and etc. 6) Nice cleaning in the room, and, also again about personal - I do requested via message on a bed, not to put any more soft second mattress, and it was accepted and fulfilled without any reminders from our side. 7) Our rooms been allocated next to each other, with common internal door, as requested, because we've been travelling with 2 kids. Very convenient.

Overall great had problems with WiFi and the staff did not help there, although they promised to hel
    • Double Room Sea view

First, it’s 2018 and we are sill having “WiFi problems”????!!?!!? Such a beautiful hotel but the internet connection is stupidly shitty. I wanted to sneak some work in while waiting for my GF to get ready but the internet left me hanging...Please, get your act together with the internet connection and for the love of god, get a Apple TV in every room...should be a standard feature

The area is great, the meals and facilities were superb.

Overall good apart from above
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

door kept banging with the wind but otherwise everything was good. Not sure I likes not paying for drinks and that it was all only charged to the room. We chose to eat at 8.45pm and the dinner choice was not full and they did not seem to top up anything surly if dinner is till 10pm you should still have a full choice.

breakfast choice was good,

The breaksfast was excellent.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

We had required a large bed for the room and we found two single beds together which weren´t even made up for two. We called reception and they set the bed up for two, but it wasn´t a large bed as I required. The room service was very poor. The first day we left the room by 9.30 and we didn´t come back till 4.00 p.m. Our room hadn´t been cleaned and the house keeper came by 4.30 when we were using the room and told us that she couldn´t come later to do the room. The second day the house keeper came while we were having breakfast and the bed was made awfully. They didn´t even air the bed and we had still some sand of the bed sheets. The dinner didn´t meet our expectations. We had half board, and drinks weren´t included, water for instance was extremely expensive. Unfortunately, the dinner wasn´t the same quality as breakfast. After dinner we fancied a drink at the bar and cocktails were double the price of near by restaurants. The pool was very pretty but the entertainment was at times extremely noisy.

The breaksfast was excellent. Good variety of food and lovely staff. The pools were big with lots of sun-beds. The location was fab just a minutes away from the beach. The room was spacious and had a lovely terrace.

Good sized room with good views from balcony.
    • Double Room Sea view

The entertainment in the hotel was very poor. They did have a entertainment every night but it finished at 10.30 The bar area was not very inviting and could do with a makeover. Same in the theatre area. It could do with some wall decorations and candles or lights on the tables to create a better atmosphere.

Good sized room with good views from balcony. Very clean. Bed good size and quite comfortable except for memory foam mattress which we found too hot. Had to lie on top of duvet cover because of this. Restaurant buffet food excellent. Great choices. Staff very friendly. Very good value for money and the little touch of sending Cava and chocolates for our anniversary ( which we told them about but they also sent them for my birthday which I can only assume they got my date of birth from my passport) was a lovely surprise and did impress us.RT

Okay if you get a good price, you are on your 50's and enjoy your food
    • Double Room Sea view

We didn't like that they charged 3 euros per day to use the safe in the room. We didn't like that they charged 2 euros for each change of towel after the first one which is free; as it penalise people staying more days. We didn't particularly like that to use the facilities at the spa you had to pay 12 euros per person and on top of that another 2 for a shower cup that it's compulsory to use. If you must use a shower cup it should be free. We also didn't like that the heating wasn't working in the room; as it gets cold at night. The entertainment was very focused for people on their 50's and it wasn't interesting to us The bed was in need of a change, with the springs making noise whenever we move. Finally, we didn't like that the toiletries weren't refreshed every day. Being given a shower cup only on the first day.

I enjoyed the food; the breakfast had a very good selection and the dinner was superb. I enjoyed the starters, the mains, and especially the desserts, and the fabulous St Jordi's cake. I also liked the proximity to the beach of the hotel. Finally, the waiters at the restaurant and the room service was very friendly

Nice place
    • Double Room Sea view

- careful with the sea-view rooms, the hotel is right next to a busy street and some of the sea-view rooms are exactly next to the street, which has a nice view but due to the street is highly noisy.

The room was nice and clean, the breakfast and dinner was tasty. The pool area and the chilling area was really good. The staff was mostly really nice, but there were a couple of situations at the restaurant which were not handled according to expectations, they made a really big fuss about the sitting and they didn't communicate it nicely :). Overall it was a nice place and value - money was as expected.

AMAZING STAYING AND RELAX
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The only little thing was the air condition quite noisy which I had to turn it off for all the staying. And also WiFi has to be improved in all the commun space. In the room was working very good.

Amazing hotel with amazing view. One of my favorite place ever. Is literally like a village, my room was the farest from the reception and the restaurant but the closest to the sea. I had a great time in this hotel and all the staff is very nice and warm. The 4 POOLS are incredible, one normal temperature, the second one is warmer, the third one is for kids and last one next to the spa. The GYM (with pool and sea view) is absolutely perfect with all the necessary. You can easily reach the BEACH in front of the hotel just with 10 minutes walking and there is a SUPERMARKET on he way. The room was fantastic with all the necessary and a very big toilet; all the room comes with a BALCONY. The RESTAURANT and the FOOD was incredible, everything you want and everything you are looking for is in there. A very huge selection. I will suggest to do the all inclusive package which you have literally everything included.

Well worth a stay - honestly.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Sadly the food wasn't as warm as I would have expected. The plates were also cold thus putting lukewarm food on to them reduced what warmth there was. There should have been microwaves situated that could be used which I have done at other hotels.

Overall a great hotel situated on the beach with spacious...
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Unfortunately my partner became ill on the return home having only eaten at the hotel restaurant for the duration of our holiday. The check in was difficult and the member of staff failed to fully explain the details of our stay - he later rolled his eyes when we decided to pay for extras in cash.

Overall a great hotel situated on the beach with spacious and comfortable rooms and well maintained gardens. Staff are very welcoming and have the place running very smoothly.

We liked the food and area, nice view from our room.
    • Double Room Sea view

The cleanness in the room was not the best, some dust was on the surfaces. A bed was extra soft due to some additional small mattress on top of main mattress. During the booking it was claimed that room has safety box and it has, but then you realize that you should pay extra cost per day to be able to use it. We had a breakfast and dinner included to our booking and even soft drinks were not included for the dinner.

We liked the food and area, nice view from our room.

Clean, friendly staff, great food choice and entertainment
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Worst part is the location of the hotel. 2 hours by bus, but if you don't mind that, then you'll enjoy the resort.

Clean, friendly staff, great food choice and entertainment

Perfect :)
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Beautiful hotel, great pools, views, near to the beach, friendly helpful staff, delicious food and comfortable rooms. I dont think I could ask for more :) great place and I will be back with my kids there!

Staff were very friendly and helpful
    • Double Room Sea view

Reception area and bar were very open draughts everywhere uncomfortable seating and an impersonal atmosphere there.

Staff were very friendly and helpful

Great fun holiday with super facilities for families.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Places to sit in the evening. It would be fine later in the year but we went on Feb so the evenings were too fresh to sit out.

The number of pools, the food, room, closeness to the beach, kids club and mini disco.

Nice view.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I had one request...to be in a quiet room. As soon as I got to my room I heard a screaming child in the room next door (like absolutely shrieking). I called the front desk and asked to change rooms but they said they had not a single room in the entire complex they could put me in for ONE night (this is a giant hotel). Lies lies lies. I went onto the booking app and there were 5 available rooms for the night I was staying at the rate I paid (have screenshots). So obviously there were 5 empty rooms somewhere in the hotel they could have put me in without me having incurred an extra charge. What's worse, I'm pretty sure the Royal Level (room 108) is adults only so I'm not sure why there was a screaming child next door to begin with. I should have been moved immediately. Be prepared to wait in a line for breakfast. Like out the door down the hall long. Pool was out of service for an entire week. I would be absolutely livid if I booked a week stay here and couldn't use the pool. Long line at checkin - not enough staff. Run down hotel...huge ceiling leak by main restaurant, pool furniture old and over used, peeling paint. General datedness of entire property including the guest room i was in. Freezing rooms, no ability to turn on heat, no extra blankets. Had to sleep in my clothes. Wifi spotty.

Nice view.

The food was amazing and the variety of different cuisines...
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was very awkward and uncomfortable that half board, full board and full board ‘plus’ are all segregated and sectioned off during meal time so if there was no space in our ‘half board’ section then we would have to wait and once we went into the full board sitting area to eat because there was no space in our half board area and we got ushered away which was very embarrassing! Drinks are not included at dinner time if you go half board so they must be purchased seperately so the price of that can add up!

The food was amazing and the variety of different cuisines was fantastic! The double bed was the biggest bed I’ve ever seen and the spa even though it was €12 extra was lovely!

Go for a smaller, more personal resort where they actually value you as a guest
    • Double Room Sea view

One of the pools had fencing all around it the whole stay which was a bit of a let down. There was no tea making facilities in the room and you had to pay for pool towels and walk really far to get them from reception - the only towel hut by the pool was only open 2 hours a day . The 'restaurant' is more of a canteen school hall and you get treated a bit like cattle herded around. The staff seem over-worked. 'Karen' was the only really friendly waitress.. nothing was too much trouble for her despite her being so busy. The rest of them were quite rude and most of the chefs would serve spanish guests before anyone else before them in the que.. the layout of the whole resort seemed really awkward and just too many rooms for one resort. You have to walk a lot of steps and steep hills to get anywhere. The canteen buffet is badly laid out and unless you get everything on the table before you get your food goes cold - find your own glasses / mugs / tea / milk / coffee / condiments / etc. Nothing is in a sensible place. They could do with having a few little restaurants for certain room numbers as just too many people trying to use the same facilities and it becomes quite tedious and stressful

The bed was comfy and room attendant kept it very clean. I liked the room and some of the staff were lovely.

It was of my best holidays ever!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The hotel area is really big and when you choose building close to the ocean, it takes few minutes to go to the restaurant area where you can eat breakfast and other meals.

The hotel is close to one of the best beaches on the island. The beautiful ocean view, great, comfortable rooms with huge double bed and tasty meals makes this hotel the best choice for the holiday destination.

Disappointed 😐
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Room very poor furniture falling apart. Staff appeared to be extremely busy and rushed through everything . Reception always lines of people waiting and didn't tell me how to get to room . Had to ask another guest. Pools freezing cold. 😣 wouldn't go back to this overpriced hotel .

Location near to shops and beach

Altogether, it was a marvelous stay.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Tea at lunch and dinner is missing. Morning cofee could be better.

Location: near a hiking route to Zarza. Close to shops. Close to the beach. Spa is nice, diverse and well-organised. Very tasty meals.

water not included in half board? really?
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

This is the first time I booked half board and I was told water or any drink weren't included and had to pay at checkout. Staff were "so kind" to say "it is what it is" - thanks. Food was also generally cold and below reasonable expectations for a 4 star.

Good view from the pool (even though the water was freeeeeeezing) Super big bed! Good location, walking distance from beach, easy to park a car outside and avoid hotel parking fee

Food
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Some of the services are not included (such as sauna) but this was not clearly stated from the beginning Got different information from waiters on the area where we were supposed to sit for dinner (i.e. for half board, all inclusive etc)

Food Size of room Location Reception staff

Rooms
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Rooms are definetly not 4 star as it is described here. Rooms are 1 or 2 star. Furniture in hotel is very old and in very poor condition (see pictures). Bed is very noisy, so everytime I move there at night I wake up. Room was not clean, they also did not clean it very good after I went to reception and say to them that we have cucaracha in our room. Bathroom dors are like doors for some closet, so there is absolutely no privacy. There is also too much noise from another apartment becouse there are dors to another apartment in the midle of apartment. So you can clearly hear what they are talking and doing in another apartment.

Food was quite ok. Hoteli location iz good.

The range of choice of the food buffet was excellent!
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

We arrived in the evening, with darkness. We were weighed down with bags and suitcases and to find our way from the reception to the building (8) was a nightmare. The path was very badly illuminated and the dark green smallish signs indicating the way to the various buildings, although visible during daytime, were practically invisible in the darkness.

The range of choice of the food buffet was excellent! The gardens are a delight.

only ok will not be back
    • Double Room Sea view

the best part of this hotel is the staff .

the property is spread out so you can have along walk to the main building. which is not well lit the swimming pool was cold but the heated one was closed for service

Ok for a couple of nights.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Layout, on a steep hill, accommodation blocks, ice cold pools, segregated dining, luke warm food, 5 euro per day to park onsite (I did not), useless fridge/coolers in rooms.

Large modern rooms with excellent bathroom & bed, 9/10 clean, friendly staff, good views & location, well kept & attractive grounds.

Room very nice with comfy huge bed, the sea view was amazing...
    • Double Room Sea view

Nothing major. Loud noise from construction site beside shopping center was going on all night and we were in block 9 right beside it so it kept us up also it was last block on a very steep hill so it was a bit of effort to go up the hill for all the meals and bars in the main building. Entertainment wasn't great but it was very relaxing break and definietly we would come back!

Room very nice with comfy huge bed, the sea view was amazing, food was great lots of choice, we loved the snack bar. Good value for the money.

- Entertainment, live music , animacion team
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

All in all not a 4* hotel - Poor wifi in room and pool area.. - Extra charge for spa, jacuzzi, etc. - 20 min access to beach - our preference was double bed but got twin bed - dinner had good variety but lack of taste! - toilet door was like a wardrobe door like cribriform!!! - dont expext toiletaries as 4* hotel!!! One liquid as shampoo conditioner and shower gel!! And only A soap for whole of our stay!! - consider atleast 80 min distance to airport - pool towel charge!! - no hair dryer or iron in the room!

- Entertainment, live music , animacion team - Breakfast - nice resort & nice plants in the garden area

Fab sea views from top floor rooms
    • Double Room Sea view

Not enough bars.too many places excluded for half boarders. No kettles in room of half board .long walk to get a cup of tea! No tissues in the room. ..a bit mean .3€ a night for a safe. €5 a night for parking.

Good food.nice gardens and pools.very nice staff.wi fi in bedroom. On a steep hill but a bus down and up from beach.

amazing, the best beach location on the island
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The reception people had an attitude most of the time I went to speak with them. Also it would be nice if the pools can be used at night instead of closing early.

Incredible complex, with animals and plants, many pools, incredible views... you have everything there at all times with all inclusive. Great pool bar. The price for something like that was lower than what it would cost usually.

Great weathe, comfortable hotel, amazing food!
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

The food quality in the evening wasn't amazing and we ate elsewhere. The local restaurants have some amazing sea food and fish options, wish the hotel offered some of these dishes.

Great location for the beach, if you have a car easy access to some amazing beach and restaurants near by.

We go on holiday twice per year and have to say this is the worst hotel
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

First room ground floor led out to the busy street moved rooms to a 2nd floor view was looking at other apartments no view at all We arriginally went half board but the restrictions were terrible so we upgraded to all inclusive while our friends stayed half board this caused problems as we were not allowed to sit with them at meal times fed up with getting told off by staff because of sitting in the wrong place restaurant staff very rude just wagging fingers at us saying no you can't sit there" Lack of information to define different areas Everything is extra ! My tip is don't stay at this place go to the magic life just down the road we stayed there in June had a wonderful time I have never felt the need to ever right a bad review about anywhere but the occidental hotel is terrible never will we return nor will our friends!! Simply dreadful Booking . Com should remove this from their list

Comfy beds checking out and walking out the place"!

Great family holiday. Had a really good time. Would definitely go back 👍🏻
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Food could’ve been a bit hotter and the bars could’ve been open a bit later (11.30 closing time)

The beds were super comfy, which is a bonus for me!!! No aches or pains in the morning (I have bone cancer) staff were lovely and the ladies who cleaned the rooms were very thorough. Don’t normally like big hotels but the layout was user friendly!! We only had to go 50 metres from the pool to our room but it was still nice and quiet. Food slightly below par (could’ve been hotter) but on the whole a good range of dishes available.

Excellent hotel, everything you need for relaxing holiday.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

There's not much in the surrounding area.

We had everything we needed within the hotel. Food very good, good fully inclusive deal. Room excellent. Good atmosphere throughout. Nice snack bar. Recommended.

Great location great hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lifeguards keep telling kids no balls Lilos diving jumping or generally playing in the top pool. Which is silly as there is another massive pool downstairs that could be made no playing. All games are squashed into one side of the upstairs pool where the small children play which makes it more dangerous I've never been to a hotel abroad where the lifeguards are so strict on fun.

Very comfortable beds a selection of pillows rooms fantastic staff great. Location and views stunning. Food is very good for an all inclusive hotel. Clean and friendly definitely be returning for the 3rd time 😄

Terrible customer service
    • Double Room Sea view

The food was generally OK except the meats and the fishes. There were only few choices and they mainly grilled the same types every day. They were made without any seasoning and many time they were though and not too appealing. There were cockroaches in the hotel. Fortunately I didn't see them in our room, however I saw one or two every day, many times on the dinner table next to the food. We booked a room with sea view, however we got a room which was on the ground floor and did not have a sea view but rather a garden view. So we wanted to change the room. Here is the process how our request was handled: 1st time at the reception: We went to the reception and said that we are not completely happy with the room so we would like to change it. They said that they do not know currently if it is possible and we should come back tomorrow after breakfast. 2nd time at the reception: So we came back next day morning and they said that they still do not know and we should come back after lunch. 3rd time at the reception: So we went back after lunch and got the answer that the competent person still not there so come back in 15 minutes. 4th time at the reception: We went back again and they said that we can have a new room, they do not know which one but it will be on a higher floor, so we have to pack our bags and come tomorrow morning to move to the next room. 5th time at the reception: We packed all our stuffs and came to the reception next day to move to the new room and an other receptionist said that she does not know why we were said that we can move to the new room because it is impossible, we can move earliest the next day. Super we have to unpack our bags. Next morning I called the reception to please confirm if we can get the new room today. They said that yes, just leave your bags there and they will move it to the new room while we are away.

The beds were comfortable. The breakfast and the snack bar was nice. Parking was free. The beach was nice at the hotel. There were some shops next to the hotel.

Fantastic hotel
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

The animación team were the most irritating people I've ever came across and do not make for a relaxing holiday by the pool. It's just way over the top and they need to realise this is our holiday, not theirs, so tone yourself down and leave people in peace

The staff, who didn't work in the dining room, were incredibly friendly and helpful people. The hotel upgraded us to a room with a sea view for free, which would have cost us 126€ for the week. The brands of drink were proper brands, not cheap local ones, and the measures of alcohol from the bar were very generous

This is the second year I have gone to this hotel the first year when it was Barcello was great, now
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

entertainment was very poor this year. Food was a bit hit and miss and our sea view was not as good as last year near to the end of a block and not a great view.

Staff were extremely friendly, especially Linda on the front desk.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We had a great time, so many choices of food in the buffet,...
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Had a problem when we arrived, our room wasn't ready and had to pay several times cuz their card machines lost signal. The staff could have been more helpful.

We had a great time, so many choices of food in the buffet, swimming pools and activities. Enjoyed our stay!

Description of the hotel was not true becuase all...
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Description of the hotel was not true becuase all restaurants was not available for all inclusive customers the best one are only for premium customer I did know about it...

Pleasant stay
    • Double Room Sea view

Did not like that some parts of the hotel were shut off to 'premier' guests, for example the restaurant.

The property was large and had plenty of sun loungers. The beds were also very comfy. Also I liked how branded alcohol such as Smirnoff vodka was included in all inclusive.

Morro Jable
    • Double Room Sea view

Food - needs more choice of meat, I guess, and a bit more variety would also do the job. Accommodation - quite simple, back to 90´s in my opinion. Building 8 - 9 nice view on the sea, but also on a busy road - sleeping with windows closed only. VIP/non-VIP - there is a system op Basic All-in and some Plus All-In (not presented by booking) and some higher level Premium Club- if find it quite a embarrasing system actually - different table seating, towels without money guarantee etc., so if are an ordinary all-in, you feel a bit strange. Huge hotel complex a bit further away from the ocean - some 10 min walk, with kids even longer, no service on the beach - beds and parasols against a fee 13,50 (2 beds,1 parasol)- no discount for the hotel guests. Drinks - limitation system - drink only per glass (cup) - two cups at a time max, no bottle possible (that makes it difficult to get to the beach with a drink then - however in my opinion, I am cheaper for the hotel, if I stay on the beach, then keep drinking by the pool). People/stuff working hard, no time to smile. Wifi - poor - everywhere. We encoutered some restrictions: you can not take the glass out of restaurant, hurry when the restaurant was closing, etc. No restaurant or bars near the hotel. A beautiful village (and awesome beach) some 30 min walk. Pool and animation - did not use it, can not comment. Overall - in my opinion - not a hotel for two young people who want to feel the island and see other people in bars and restaurants. I wouldnt come back to this hotel. But definately would come back to Fuerte.

ok food - to my taste, nice if seated on the terrace

• Double Room (2 Adults)

The food though it was plenty of choice lacked quality.you would expect better quality and taste at food on such a nice hotel.a bit far from city.did not have sunbeds on the beach in front.

Real 4 star hotel.beautiful and well maintained garden and pools.great staff.private parking.stunning views from every room.big clean rooms with terrace.

Good value for money, good hotel
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Quite bad internet connection - especially dinner time when a lot of people are using it, pool area - almost impossible to even send text message via wifi -waitress at breakfast time tried to be invisible and very surprised when we asked for coffee too long waiting for food in the morning in queue (despite it's a buffet) - staff is doing one thing at time rather then be multitasking (food & beverage manager needs to do something about it to avoid future guests complaints) Even at 7:30am no wafers, pancakes, omelette as staff was not there (date 7.05) -no one explaining zones for all inclusive and half-board and they are two completely different areas during dinner and breakfast - staff on the entrance to restaurant should do it or reception staff at check in very acoustic bathroom Doors quite loud Old buildings and acoustic around is disadvantages you can hear neighbors (bring your earplugs) A lot of stairs and long walk (10 min) to reception (from blocks 8-9, last ones). If you are older person it may be problematic

huge hotel you cans be anonymous if you wish Huge beds - amazing and comfortable Big rooms Room 1801 - standard room but partial sea view is an advantage Impressive hotel, huge building and resort area Good solution of two pools ad plenty of spaces to sit around the pool Activities and music in pool no.1 so no one is disturbed if do not wish to be Mineral water for guests is a nice plus from hotel champagne ad chocolate for bday - nice gesture from H - big wow You pass the street and have ocean straight away - good location you can also print your flight tickets on the reception for free - nice gesture from them!

Perfect location.
    • Double Room Sea view

You can hear every word from rooms around yours. There should be clear info on booking.com that you have to pay to use the sauna facilities. There was no explanation on booking neather at the check in about the different types of boards. This was confusing

Perfect location. Big rooms and comfy beds. Good food. Really good hotel.

All inclusive
    • Double Room Sea view

The service in the restaurant could be faster.

The hotel was quite close to the beach in fact we walked there every day, the beach itself was really nice, the room had a nice viewer and the food was good enough. The personnel at the reception was nice. We also did an activity in the hotel which was fun. We had a good time there!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Pleasant hotel with great sea views.
    • Double Room Sea view

Hotel set on steep site which is nice for mobile people so if you have trouble getting around ask for a room near the restaurant.

Good local walking , 10 mins to beautiful beach, nice walk to main resort centre.

Good for people who prefer all-inclusive service
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

It was not possible to reach good water temperature for taking relax shower. Only two options - hot or cold, no gold middle

Good location and beautiful view to the ocean from the room.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Definitely Not 4 Star
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

The air conditioning in the room wasn't working, apparently it was a problem all over the hotel. Entertainment was dreadful, a bunch of amateurish staff aspiring to be bluecoats but failing badly. Hotel situated on a steep slope with many steps to reach the road or your accomodation not great for the less able.

Food was very good at every meal.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Lots.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Lots....spending 3 hours trying to find the Occ........ Hotel, which didn't exist ...........,. Having to Q for everything, drinks, seats in green zone..........,,, Climbing from 9029 to meals, bar etc..... (we are mid seventies) Food horrible, bacon and eggs. Burned

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good value for money but let down by some unfriendly staff and not everything is as advertised
    • Double Room Sea view

Coffee is poor cocktails are poor resort is not located on the beach as advertised also restaraunts advertised online are restricted to premium guests and staff made us feel second best to premium guests buffet food became monotonous because only place to eat breakfast was the best part one receptionist woman called roccio was unfriendly and rude to us on 3 occasions there are smokers everywhere even if you request a non smoking room your neighbours will smoke on the balcony also there is not a non smoking area outside where you eat so people end up smoking all over your food

Good value for money some parts of buffet good beach only 15 minutes away and resort clean

Very limited sea view!
    • Double Room Sea view

Very limited sea view! Only noticed afterwards in the small print that the spa was shut and works being carried out on site. Very limited food options during the day at the hotel - better to go out and find local bar or restaurant.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Very nice and helpful staff.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Very nice and helpful staff. Food is very impressive, many choices and delicious. Wifi is a little bit slow to show photos or video, but as we only need to read some online news, so not big issue for us.

Nice stay at morro jable
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

The pandemonium at meal times - staff were under too much pressure- not enough staff to check in at arrival the staff were run off their feet - as for being brought to your room in a golf car we had to queue for a long time as it was so busy - need to improve greatly here

The location and room food was good too

OK but rather disappointing

More reception staff needed. More help with finding our room. Undercover ability to reach restaurant needed.; also a games room. We hated the two class system, and had no idea that was what to expect. Premium had better facilities that we know nothing about. No-one used the unheated pool !!!!!

Good choice of food and wonderful maid cleaning rooms

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Standard of the superior room
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The food at the dinner buffet was lacking in variety with a very limited range of meat and fish with the same dish being prepared for several days. Also the range of food reduced significantly after about 8:30 - the problem being that tables in the Barcelo+area were full before that time. Tip- avoid school holiday time....

Standard of the superior room

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Nice hotel, long journey from airport.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Food was very salty. If you choose half board, you are not allowed any drinks at all with dinner, which to me seems ridiculous. The staff are a bit overbearing when trying to recruit guests for activities, one even being quite rude and calling us boring and lazy. The bathroom drains smelt bad whenever you turned on a tap or used the shower. Spa was out of action for our visit, and we had been emailed promises of a day pass to the sister hotels spa - this proved to involve a lot of haggling and we eventually were given a 3 hour pass - not the day pass we had been promised. The rooms don't have great views, certainly not mine or my sisters. They are located in blocks and the ground floor ones just look immediately onto the next block. However if you get a first or second floor one, I imagine you would have a sea view - I am just too stingy to pay for it.

Beautiful setting and attractive hotel. Good views of beautiful beach & sea. Staff helpful, all spoke a variety of languages. Place was generally very clean although room was quite dusty if you looked closely. Large selection of food for breakfast and dinner - varied slightly each evening. Loads of sun loungers by the pools, never had any problem getting some. The pools are good for children - the heated one is very shallow at one end, only ankle depth, meaning our 2 year old could happily splash about. The kids club is included, where they mostly seem to do drawing, painting, or playing in a small soft play room. There is a mini disco for the kids each night, although it is late - 8pm. Are, who does the kids club and the mini disco is great, really enthusiastic and lovely with all the kids whatever their age.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Below average mega resort.
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Buffet was of OK quality, a lot of variety but the food was often cold. The King size bed is not an actual king size but two twin beds put together.

The pool area is nice.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

- soooo much goood foood
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

- be careful if you're not a fan of walking up and down the stairs all the time - the hotel is located on a hill and all the facilities are on different levels

- soooo much goood foood - comfy & clean rooms - grocery shop near - they have cats on the premises!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Don't get the extra plus it's not worth it
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The different coloured wristbands was a bit of a issue, we were all inclusive plus, and were intitled to waiter service, but so was others it was a bit confusing who's allowed in there and who isn't, most dinner times we couldn't get a seat in there so had to seat outside, when I complained he said I'll give you the same service, ok that's fine but after over a half hour wait we got our own drinks, No one seemed interested, considering we paid extra for plus but only had a couple of meals in the enclosed area, I'd strongly advise not to do the plus as your wasting your money as I did, Most staff were rude and ignored you, my wife went to get us a drink in the bar by the restaurant and the barman said abrubtly " where's your band?", I feel I got the all inclusive but definitely not the plus, Would I go there again? No I don't think so

The tea and coffee machine was a very good idea outside the restaurant, ample sun beds, champagne always flowing, snack for those times you got a bit peckish

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Nice hotel
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

Food could be improved- quality of vienoisserie and desserts was poor. There should be more variety as the food was the same every day. Fruits and breakfast were nice Room got really hot at night

The view and the location Bar service and drinks were very nice Very comfortable room with huge bed and nice pillows. Free parking

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

spa was closed and we werent told - some loud noise and...
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

spa was closed and we werent told - some loud noise and disruption from building works we were quite far away but if you had been closer would have been awful.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Lovely picturesque grounds which are very well maintained.
    • Double Room Sea view

Cold plates and luke warm food! Other hotels manage to keep the food hot, not sure why this hotel can't. Water for tea at breakfast was just warm so didn't really make tea. No tea making facilites in the room. Rooms dark require better lighting.

Lovely picturesque grounds which are very well maintained. Clean, well kept hotel. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Large comfortable beds in well proportioned rooms. Free parking for hire car. Free WiFi Flamenco show in the hotel was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

2nd life of chips
    • Double Room (2 Adults)

premixed cocktails, chef at the snack bar re-fried cold chips in front of me when i asked for fresh ones as those were cold, cockroaches on the premises, no lock on the bathroom door

close to beach, good choice of food

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The hotel grounds were pretty with lots of palm trees and...
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Food- hit or miss. Sometimes cold as if it hadn't been heated at all. Rarely was the food hot. Sometimes you'd go back to get something you've seen but it had run out and been replaced with something else. Sometimes the food was yummy. So sometimes good sometimes average. Being in an area of all inclusive there were many minimal restaurants to eat in if you fancied a change. Wifi- poor. As with the food. Hit or miss. €13 euros a day for the luxury of lying on a sunbed that when you say on the head flipped up. Some days housekeeping would replace water, didn't replace toiletries at all,found an opened bottle of water in the fridge that had been left from previous person, had to pay to use the safe! Overall enjoled the holiday but I would say this hotel is 3 star not a 4 star.

The hotel grounds were pretty with lots of palm trees and cactus and we're clean and quiet. Pretty view of the beach. Staff were friendly. Went to the evening entertainment once which was funny.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Staff are very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Barcelo Occidental tries to mimic the club med and club Robinson model but it fails dismally in quality. The children's play area is dilapidated and the staff do their best...but it'd not good enough. We booked on a last minute and for 13 euros a day we would have gone to club Robinson if they had had the availability. The restaurant is a disappointment if you are a foodie or a snob like me...The plates were wet...sometimes dirty...The jacuzzi has to be booked and it is not hot enough. The reservation is manual. There were only 2 child minders for the children's area...and once when I went there they had no idea where my son was...also the access to the hotel and the children's area is completely open to anyone walking in off the street. Barcelo either do not bother during winter or this hotel is underfunded. The reservation system is so bad that booking.com is the only way. We simply could not get through to anyone at the hotel by phone from abroad.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Reception staff are good the cleaners are fantastic the spa staff also fantastic the waiters always helpful though overloaded. The Xmas dinner was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Overall very enjoyable stay, lovely location.
    • Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

The food was not as hot as it should be. I got food poisoning on my 5th night and had to stay in bed all day on our 6th day. There was a picture of a lovely bar on the bookings.com website however this bar and some of the areas advertised were only available to the premium guests, this should be made clearer on the website. It was hard to find a cosy spot in the evenings to have a drink as it was very windy and the only enclosed bar was in the premium area.

I liked the hotel room, grounds and facilities. The view from our room was a lovely sea view which I had requested and paid extra for. The staff kept the hotel room and grounds very clean. The entertainment staff were very good. The food selection was very good. The location was very good.