Reviews of Urbany Hostel Barcelona

Avenida Meridiana, 97, Sant Martí, 08026 Barcelona, Spain

#453 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Based on 769 hostel reviews

Very friendly staff but Victor went above and beyond he was...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Very friendly staff but Victor went above and beyond he was very helpful at giving us ideas where to visit and how to get around. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Will definetly stay there again.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Comfortable bed,clean washrooms,the train station is just 5 minutes away and there are a lot of places you could eat. Floor 3 had drinks and a place you could play pool,watch tv and meet up with people from all over the world. There is a 3pin UK charger..I loved that

We had a great time staying at Urbany. Staff were very friendly and accommodating
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Paying extra for towels is annoying

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hostel was nice and clean and while a wee way out of the city had good links to public transport

No electricity no hot water !
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

No electricity no hot water !!! They say only we arrive like that. But problem is that they only give us two choose. One is refund another is just stay. But how can I go to find another hostel immediately?! And their attitude is really bad.

Scam and cheated. Poor electricity service.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Poor Staff attitude, no electricity time by time, no heating shower for 2 days straight. Towels not included. There's a staff on night shift given us bad attitude when we informed him that no heating for shower, and he has been giving me the irratating expression and rudely said " talk to the manager in the morning, we can't do anything" they ald knew the problems can't be sorted out but still operating the hostel service to us. I felt cheated when I step in. Not helpful staff at all, they should sort the problem out for us. Not recommended for others to stay here. They allowed us for refund for the last day which we were checking out. City tax should be waived as if they knew there's unstable electricity supply to the building.

Cleanliness, comfy beds.

We booked a private room (with child of 5 years old).
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

We booked a private room (with child of 5 years old). After dinner in the city, we found an unexpected person in our room. This incident made a BIG impression on her, as you can imagine :(

The location is great and the staffs are good and the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The checkout time which is early morning at 10:30 and in the barcelona people like going to the club every night and you won't get the good sleep and sometimes you get disturbed with others with your sleep because you are sharing the room with many peoles. But it's good to find a lot of people Tom communicate and they charge for the luggage storage after checkout which is little bit expensive.

The location is great and the staffs are good and the services they are offering was quite better. I like the restaurant in the third floor and the terrace. They plan for some games and take to the club for free in the night and the charge for the breakfast and the drinks are nominal.

It's close to some of the tourist spots.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The lockers are not working and the bar is smelly and a bit dirty

It's close to some of the tourist spots. The breakfast was okay and the staff were friendly and helpful

ubicacion is ok.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

i really miss a tv in the room and twin beds not confortables enought. it miss towels and confort. staff all look like practice students mot profesional and a bit slow ...not very pro active.

ubicacion is ok. kitchen is cool.

The facilities were very nice and the price was good.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The location wasn’t the best but it wasn’t that bad either. The other Urbany Hostel is much more central and convenient.

The facilities were very nice and the price was good.

verschrikkelijk slecht, vies, onvriendelijk en onveilig gevoel, gevangenis
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Upon arrival after i was shouted at by some guys outside the building. It made me uncomfortable and i asked about the neighborhood. The staff said it was still a safe place and didn’t bother asking further or minding my complain. The only thing they asked was if it where black people. I thought that is odd. Upon arrival they made me pay 10 euro for the deposit of the key in cash which wasn’t mentioned anywhere in my booking confirmation. Un clean, the room, bed and bathroom obviously wasn’t cleaned for a while. -Hairs in the bed -Spots of human fluids on mattresses -Hairs and dirt in the locker -Dirty floor/ground in bathroom -Dirty clothing hangar, sticky -The whole room smelled like sweat. Not possible to spray deodorant and get rid of the smell. -No fresh air. It was not possible to get rid of the smell or fresh air because of the buildings window -Very hot in the room 25 degrees celsius -Incorrect information. Rooftop was closed before 22.00. When i asked the specific times they didn’t bother to give me exact time.

De hostes in de bar waren vriendelijk.

Enjoyed our stay
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Tiny room -but we expected that having read other reviews, mess left in the kitchen by other users, showers could have lasted longer before needing to push the button again

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Clean room.

If you just need a place to sleep in a good location, this is your place!
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast may be cheap but its really low quality! I would NOT recommend!

The terrace is amazing! The location is good, you can get to all the sightseeing spots really quick by metro! And in 30min to the airport by train!

Urban chic hostel, dangerous neighborhood
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The neighborhood is really dangerous. There is a metro station very close where outside are pocket thieves and they tried to rob us. And second incident, I was just outside of the hostel, talking on my phone and I saw someone (bit creepy) coming at me, so I used my card to get inside and when I looked back he was trying to open the door but luckily it didn't open for him. From that moment and after we were using only taxi.

Really cosy hostel and we had the ability to book one room for just the 3 of us. Loved the kitchen and the always clean areas of this hostel. Also the room is just incredible if you consider that everything is new and comfy. Very good amenities.

Fair stay
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The people that stayed in the room with me were super loud and annoying.

Staff was friendly, but they need more spanish speaking staff for those who are not traveling from an english speaking country

Staff with attitude, great surrounding area
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Mainly the male members of staff thought they were so cool, doing handshakes and using street slang. One female member of staff curtly told me the lift was occupied to take things to the kitchen. The staff clearly think they're too cool and forget their manners. The hostel reminded me of university accomodation. The friendliest a member of staff was to me when I returned to collect my bag which I had left in a locker. She smiled and said she remembered me.

One member of staff was friendly

great; helpful staff; quiet and clean room
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

well; the room was small, but that is a hostel. For the price though....maybe a bit small? hard to say; Barcelona is expensive.

this was a quintessential hostel. Lots of travelers in their 20s; lots of opportunity for socializing and partying. We, as a family, felt confortable and welcomed. It was really a great value and option for us. the location was fairly central; easy to walk most places or take public transit. The staff were especially helpful. Really accomodating and knowledgable ie where to go for lunch. I tink the breakfast was good value.

From start to finish the staff was awesome and friendly.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I didn’t like that the shower was small.

I Loved how the staff was friendly and helpful! Plus it was so close to the metro which took us anywhere in the city !

Good accommodations for the price.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The size of the room for 4 people was way too small. The beds were not really comfortable at all.

It was a good deal for what I paid. The 4euro breakfast was a bargain. The staff was super helpful especially the Argentinean guy working there.

Staff were very welcoming, good atmosphere in the terrace...
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Me and two friends booked our hostel to all be in the same room, my friend who made a separate booking had rang 3 times prior to double check we were definitely together. When we got there they had no recollection of these calls and put her two floors above us in an empty room which after 3 days four guys moved into, which for a lone female is pretty uncomfortable. The bunk bed next to us was empty the whole time we were there but they refused to move her into our room. We weren't offered any discount or really much of an apology for the issue.

Staff were very welcoming, good atmosphere in the terrace bar and in a good location.

Bachelor Party in Barça!!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Lack of information: I had to ask how it works for sheets, towels and other stuff to know it; however, answer came always within 24 hours. Little bathroom.

Enough space for each bed, two showers for eight beds is good. Staff young and kind.

worst staff experience ever.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

staff was extremely rude, arrogant and not very nice, wouldn't want to come back here again. When we told them we needed extra cleaning due to a broken glas bottle they rolled their eyes at us and become very frustrated when all we wanted was to help them inform the cleaning staff not to hurt themselves on the broken glass splitters on the bathroom floor.

room was ok, staff was very arrogant and rude,

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Very good for spending the night while touring the city
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Very slow internet. Bad towels that you rent for 2 Euros per towel (not included in the room). When you pay with a credit card they charge you extra 2 Euros.

It is a hostel so you could not expect more. It was clean and it has a restaurant/bar with very affordable prices of breakfast and the rest. We had a room with a shower and toilet ensuite. Bring your towels. Staff is communicative and nice. Great for young travelers but we saw families stay there as well. It is not for spending time in the room expect for sleeping but when you are in Barcelona you do not want to be in your room. Very slow internet but free.

Location was clean, staff friendly.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Don't like that it was far from la ramblas and gothic quarter. Most of the restaurants around the area closed at 11.

Location was clean, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Never more
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I was staying in the hotel for two nights, the staff removed my pesonal belongings after the first night without any prior agreement or letting me know in advance!!! They just simply packed everything in a box and kept it in the repception for the whole day. I wasn´t told even when I returned to the hotel in the eveing, I realized just because my card didn´t work in the elevator and when they fixed it, somebody else was in my room! After that I was told by the receptionist that they got a group of guests, needed my room and would move me to another room. Manager was not available to talk and he didn´t show up next morning either when I spent 20 minutes waiting for him. I paid almost 170 Euro per night for a twin room, as it was during the Mobile World Congress, however, for this price I would expect at least some minimum level of respect and privacy.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good spot for a few nights.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

We asked to stay an additional night but didn't due to the increase in price they wanted us to pay.

Very quiet for a big hostel and bathroom was super clean.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

staff was beyond helpful and very nice!
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Wifi didn't work in our room so we had a hard time communicating with friends and family. Breakfast was not that great. Had to pay for towels.

staff was beyond helpful and very nice! Great location for metro or other places. Rooms have the essentials of what you need to sleep and get ready.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

They cannot manage to keep the other guest quiete until 3am.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

They cannot manage to keep the other guest quiete until 3am. It makes me moved out to another hotel after 2nites while i have already booked for 4 nites in this hostel.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

BEST !!!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Very modern and profesional place, nothing to complain about, one of the best paces I sataied. No problem to go there, prices as anywhere else...enjoy? Should be you choice nr.1

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Decent stay
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Not the best location but still close to the metro. Checking out at 10:30am is a bit early.

The room and bathroom are clean. Locker is spacious. Staffs are helpful and friendly. Decent breakfast at €3.50.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Fantastic hostel!

Everything was perfect.

Fantastic hostel! Very clean, great breakfast (all you can eat) for only 3 euros. Extremely friendly and easygoing staff! I highly recommend the Urbany hostel!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Little help when my bed was taken
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Someone was sleeping in my assigned bed. When I informed the staff they didn't help me very much and I had to sleep in a dirty bed

The safety of locking up our belongings in lockers and the easy accessibility of the rooms

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

worst staff
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

First time in this hostel after being several times in the Go Hostel, which was really good. Here- some of the staff were terrible! Waited for 30 min to start check-in, which takes only 2 min, because they were busy preparing for changing shifts. Then they wanted me to pay again for the hostel, although they took the money from credit card. And then they programmed my card for another room so I had to go back to reception and reprogram, really unprofessional !!!

clean, has electricity and lamp near bed

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

the single room was ok, for a night if u just want a place...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

it was cold, and u could not control the temperature. early check out, late check in.

the single room was ok, for a night if u just want a place were to crash. own toilet quiet good and a small tv. bed not the best but ok. the reception girl was nice. the area is not bad either, i needed to stay around there so was convenient for myself. Bed clothes could be better though and the window is a joke, as doesnt open and u dont see actually nothing as there is a wall. for being barcelona and a single room the price is ok i would say

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Awesome staff, good accommodation, location is a bit annoying...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The breakfast was a bit disappointing. The hotel was quite far from the city center (it would be nice if one could walk there in 15 minutes but it's 3 kilometers away so do it once but afterwards you need to take the metro, which gets expensive since it's 2.15 euros for each ride)

The staff is amazing! Rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Good spot for bargain travellers!
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Rooftop only open 9am-9pm which is a shame, but due to neighbours I suspect, 4 bed en-suite quite tiny!

Good location, 10 minute walk to La Rambla and friendly staff. Great ping pong, fussball & bug screen to meet other travellers!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Satisfied for a place to sleep.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I did not like the attitude the breakfast staff had. We arrived 15 minutes before breakfast was over, so we started to fill our trays and since there were no eggs we asked the woman if she could bring some more out. She said "No because breakfast is almost over and I would have to make more." Rude considering we are PAYING for the food, so whether it's 15 minutes before or 2 minutes before...we should have the same options as everyone else. I replied with that and a minute later the woman brings out this giant tray of eggs...so essentially she was just being lazy. I also didn't like that they did a half-ass job of cleaning the rooms, but it didn't help that we had dirty room mates (the one solo traveler bed).

For it being a low cost hostel last minute, my friends and I were satisfied with the accommodations. We were in a 6 bed room, 5 of us and then 1 bed extra that another traveler used.Hot water, common room, locker in room and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The staff were friendly and helpful with directions.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The room wasn't cleaned properly when we arrived. There was a sock down the side of one of the beds. Also the shower leaked.

The staff were friendly and helpful with directions.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

It's clean but awful, Bed's are not confortable and...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

It's clean but awful, Bed's are not confortable and the floor is not sane. I just recomend this hostel to groups of teenagers who wants to drink this entire city

Good location, nice staff, modern building
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The room was too small for the price a bit warm.

Good location, nice staff, modern building

The staff was amazing!
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff was amazing!! Great to meet other solo travelers

Excellent comfortable and the place to stay if your going to Barcelona
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Their clean and have excellent Facilities

Good location if you prefer beach.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Limited space. A bit Dirty kitchen.

Good location if you prefer beach. Rooftop. Separated toilet. Nice staff.

Non male

Wifi very bad

Bed confortable

This hostel is good for group travel esp gor, convinient, affordable, secured and safe to stay with.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Affordable, easy access, excellent customer service, safe.

Location is good.

Location is good.

I will recommend it to everyone who wants to stay for a short time
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Light of bathroom went off and on and one person got stock in the toilet because of the locker

Staff behaviour

Typical hostel... cheap, good location, a good time.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Mold in shower. Water pressure was low.

Good location, we met a contiki tour there.

Staff;
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Beds weren't comfortable Room was very small Shower didn't work properly Location wasn't good

Staff; Wi-Fi

Someone mede pu in the shower, and showers are inside the rooms!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The Marocchian/algerian receptionist of the Night Shift.Really stupid and rude!

Los nuevos amigos conocidos

Good value for money location at 5 min to the metro
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Simple accomodation Very clean and staff is very nice and helpfull

fabulous

all was just perfect...

I really liked Tina, the Karaoke and customer support, also...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I really liked Tina, the Karaoke and customer support, also Incredible parties and views.

The staff were very nice and comforting. The room was private with great cleaning service.

Na

Private room

Location was good

Dirty and uncomfortable

Location was good

Good place

Quiet and confortable rooms

the staff at the reception was very good and a true value...
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

the staff at the reception was very good and a true value for money

Worst place to say

• Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

happily surprised at the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff

24 hr staffing... security conscious

good place to stay if going with friends
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

it was expensive for what i got in terms of location and very uncomfortable bed

the staff was great

Everything 🙌🏼
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

That smell inside de elevator public

Everything 🙌🏼

We needed a budget place for 1 night, did the job

No towels

Easy to use

Interesting Hostel experience
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff were unhelpful including the cleaning staff who avoided cleaning anything.

Bed bugs

Bed bugs

Cheap sleep

Cheap

Perfect for what we needed
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Bit far out of central town

Everything was great

It was very cold at night!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

It was very cold at night!! We were freezing.

Room was comfortable and a good size.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Room was comfortable and a good size. Staff were friendly and encouraged social activities in the bar. Drinks and food in bar were a good price.

I only stayed for 1 night !
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It was very noisy outside of my room !

I only stayed for 1 night ! I stayed in an all female dorm !

Excellent location and very good stay
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Very good location. Not far for the underground. (Clot is the closest on the red line). We walked to the beach everyday as it's a nice walk.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Private rooms are soo good.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Only thing i dont like is rooms are very near with each other, so sound disturbed us

Private rooms are soo good.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Erverything just in order.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Erverything just in order.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

pleasant, friendly, nice
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

single rooms need window with a view

friendly staff, clean, nice

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

nice and comfy.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

nice and comfy. not far from the center