Reviews of Hotel Baviera 3 stars

Camino del Calvario, 4, 29602 Marbella, Spain

#27 of 59 hotels in Marbella

• Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy because ur on a main road

Nice basic hotel very close to everything and taxis outside the door if u need to go further Rooms cleaned everyday and fresh towels provided Good value for money for anyone wanting to stay in the centre of Marbella!

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room being underground and no views. It would be nice on ground level.

Very clean. Staff excellent nothing was too much trouble. Hotel situated perfectly. Room was lovely with fantastic view and very spacious. Very good food.

• Double or Twin Room

We reserved with several months in advance but when we checked in the room reserved was different! The staff was great in order to try to fix the mistake at the best..

The staff and the position of the hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

Parking charge, we stayed for a week and were charged 15 euros per day which made our decision easier to not return, although safe convenient underground parking we feel the charge was excessive. Small kettle which took forever to boil with no cups, tea or coffe etc. Little fridge to store your drinks but no glasses to use. When we asked for glasses we were told there weren’t any so had to buy locally so we could sit out and have a drink.

Great location, nice quiet side room which caught the sun on the balcony, nice size room with fridge and safe, good shower, staff very helpful and pleasant, good central location without being too noisy.

• Double or Twin Room

Sheets not changed every day and there was a stain on one bed. Shower had a leak and the whole section around the toilet and bidet was almost flooded. We told reception and the lady said there is nothing they can do until the monday, this was saturday morning and we were only there until monday anyway. No offer of sending somebody to mop it up either. We told her and we went out for the day, so it was their problem if the room flooded ! We assume that the cleaners would be due so they would be told to clean up any water but the lady on the reception did not even say that, we just assumed as when we returned the floor was cleaned. Extremely noisy first night due to the hotel having a Tango night directly underneath our room. The noise was horrendous and we complained bitterly around 11pm to the person on the desk who said, they only had this once a week on a Friday and it will stop around 12.30 /1am...!! so not to worry it isnt every night, but we had only just arrived after a 12 hour flight so it did not matter if it was only once a week, we did not get to sleep . It was horrendous booming loud music. Dreadful. Not happy with the response to that at all. No rooms to move to ?? We requested a double when we booked the hotel, but due to us saying we had issues with climbing any stairs, they gave us this room on the first floor, traffic lights, Smokers under the balcony, ( one of us is asthmatic !), without telling us that, actually, there is a lift so it would not be a problem for us to stay in any room elsewhere in the hotel ! They said they had no more rooms to move to , which we did not believe. Sparse offering of fruit for breakfast as we paid for the buffet breakfast . Not much for vegetarians unless you like bread and cereals. plenty of rolls and bread and some croissants and cake but hard if you dont eat Wheat !.

The fridge in the room: as we have dietary needs and can buy accordingly knowing we can store in the fridge. The comfort of the beds: twin room very comfortable beds. One lovely friendly lady at the buffet breakfast, we didnt get her name but she was polite and smiling, she was trying to fix the coffee machine as it kept stopping, but the other lady who walked in did not seem very people friendly. She only came in for her plate of food near the end of the buffet breakfast time !

• Double or Twin Room

Everything in this hotel that the staff said they had to throw out towels because my wife put foundation on her face so when she dried her face it come on the towel they said if it didn’t come off we would have to pay and a brought it into the bathroom and I washed it with my hands and it come straight off the towel and I showed it to the staff member

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location,good transport links, very clean and good value for money. We took the bus to Puerto Banus and later walked back along the lovely promenade (7 KIlometers) to hotel

No bar area

Perfect location very nice hotel but no bar and not allowed to drink alcohol in the seating area which is ok if the weather is good as you would be out and about but when we were there it was raining so we were in in the evening but other than that very good

• Double or Twin Room

There's a kettle in the room but no tea. So bring your own!

The rooms are getting new beds and decoration. Bathroom and shower were great, perhaps some more hooks missing. Nice small balcony. Useful fridge. Perfect to spend a few nights.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant/bar wasn't open. Probably the time of year (February), but we weren't advised this before booking. Also breakfast and breakfast room could be improved. Otherwise fine.

• Double or Twin Room

First floor rear balconies open to backs of buildings and air con units, but this was reflected in a very good price, so not a problem, wasn't noisy.

Very clean and modern fitting and finishes. Shower was excellent. Location is brilliant. Wifi free and unlimited and easy to connect to.

Parking at the hotel a bit pricey 15 euros

Very central for the old town the promenade Restaurants and bars. Breakfast included and was adequate. Bed very comfortable, bedroom and bathroom very clean. Would without a doubt stay again

• Double or Twin Room

Sometimes a little noisy outside busy road traffic

Very clean spacious rooms Amazing shower Comfortable beds Fantastic mountain views Friendly staff Within walking distance of town, bars, restaurants and beach

• Double or Twin Room

Hot water needed to be hotter for tea at breakfast A starter pack of tea coffee milk in the room I didn’t know I had to bring it Only a kettle was there no cups

The staff we very helpful made my stay brilliant

• Double or Twin Room

elevator between floors! need to take you suitcase walk 10 stairs and than go down 10 or go 10!!!! no cleaning of room! after 3 days new towels.

Location, location

• Double or Twin Room

It is being pedantic, but there are no English channels on the TV. Interestingly though there is a French news programme in English which is miles better than the one-sided views we get from the BBC. No pool is a decided thumbs down, but that's what you get in city hotels, if we stayed for a week I think I would have to go for a hotel with a pool.

Spotlessly clean, helpful staff, comfortable bed, excellent shower, kettle, hairdryer, small fridge, well located for both old town and seafront both of which are about 5 mins walk away, all in all a very good little hotel. Plenty of places nearby to get meals including breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Plastic cups to drink tea/coffee from in the room which weren't replaced daily & no spoon either. The restaurant service was extremely slow & the young waitress was not attentive at all - I had to get up four times during my meal to request various things.

• Double or Twin Room

The bikes were for rent (same price that on the street) and no pre-checking is allowed

The room was spacious, simple but modern, neat and clean. Exellent value for money taking into consideration it is a 3-stars hotel.

• Double with Extra Bed (3 adults)

Clean property and the rooms were of a decent size. The beach was only a 10minute walk and it was very close to Marbella Old Town. Great location overall.

• Double or Twin Room

Some noise from the road outside but nothing to complain about,did not stop us from sleeping .

Great location less than five minutes from the bus station in a taxi near the beach and old town what mor could you want in a city hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful .

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate. However, we checked out early morning so it was that important for us.

Shops , restaurants and beaches are all within walking distance. Great location for couples, my wife and I loved it. We had a room with a balcony with a nice view of the mountains. Clean , beds are comfortable and a nice shower.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast available for an early start . Necessary good instructions to find hotel . Lots of one way streets.

The restaurant to the hotel served excellent food. Beds very comfortable. Position excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

When we arrived there was no electricity and the manager on the desk wasn't very friendly or welcoming. There were roadworks from 7.40 the next morning although this wasn't any fault of the hotel. When we checked out the same manager was on and he was still very unfriendly. Although the hotel was nice , reasonably priced and central he wouldn't encourage you to go back .

Room was lovely, modern and nicely decorated with large balcony.

• Double or Twin Room

The same type rooms are not equal in terms of comfort. Initially, we were put in the room on the right side of the building. This is "a no-no side" of the hotel because it overlooks the rear of Burger King with its kitchen chimneys = smell of burned oil. Luckily, we changed for the other side. All the rooms have got balconies. However, only balconies at the front of the building seem to have tables. Unfortunately, our request for a table on the balcony on the third day of our stay there was left unattended.

All the furniture is new. Comfy beds and pillows. When one of the bulbs burned out in the shower, we had it replaced promptly. We had the room cleaned and towels changed every day. Very efficient room service. Very good value for money if you are lucky with the side of the building.

• Double or Twin Room

The chimney on the second floor wasn't that pleasant, lots of smokey fumes, however when mentioned at reception they happily moved us to the 7th floor. Overall a very good experience.

The bed was very comfy and the staff was very helpful, close to old town and the beach. Clean hotel nicely renovated and good air con. I would happily stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

There were major road works directly outside the hotel rendering the hotel's car park unsuable, as I'm recovering from an injury I should have been advised about this when booking as I made a specific request to reserve a parking space for me. I was forced to use a public car park 500 meters away up a very steep hill, dragging my luggage/shopping up there was no fun, the hotel's staff seemed indifferent to my problem blaming the local authority for the inconvenience.

Position of hotel was central and very convenient to the Old Town.

• Double or Twin Room

In the centre..parking..clean..calm...great beds...fabulous for a night or 2 when you're out celebrating and dont want to drive....one little thing...there was a kettle but no tea or coffee sachets..there was water in the fridge..that was good

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I noticed some ants in the bathroom between the toilet and the shower tray (room 72), I only saw 2 or 3. I reported this to reception the next morning, and the lady was very apologetic and surprised, she said that she would get someone to sort it out straight away. I get the impression that it would have been sorted quickly, as the rest of the hotel/room was very clean/tidy. Another thing that would have been useful would have been to have a small showering facility. We checked out at the usual time, but our airport transfer wasn't until 7pm - it would have been really nice to have had a shower, there's plenty of room in the luggage storage area to fit a shower, but maybe there's a practical reason why this can't be done.

The staff were very helpful, and went out of their way to help. The rooms were very modern and tidy. The reception/foyer area was very well presented.

• Double or Twin Room

Although I know the area well I was travelling alone which completely changed the way I felt about booking a hotel as I don't usually travel alone with my job. I arrived just before midnight but the hotel staff were very welcoming and I checked in easily and quickly. The room was immaculate, even better than I expected and looked as if it had had a recent refurb. I slept well and the aircon was a godsend as it was a very hot, muggy night. I headed to the promenade for breakfast - a short walk from the hotel - and if I had had time I would have spent some time on the small balcony which looked down towards the main road, so plenty to see! I would definitely recommend or stay again as it is very well placed, 2 mins from a bus stop which takes you to Puerto Banus (approx. €1.25) and 5 mins walk in one direction to the beach or to Marbella old town.

• Double or Twin Room

Balcony view, but since the hotel is in the middle of the city its hard to get a good view

Friendly staff. Near to old town and not far from beach. Beautiful hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The reception area smells of cigarette smoke, the staff are miserable. There is currently building work directly outside the hotel so we woke up every morning before 7am to the noise of building machinery. The one evening the electricity was cut off caused by builders, there was no apology from the hotel staff. The next morning there was a burst water pipe which meant filthy water streaming down the road. I was disappointed that we hadn't been fore warned about the building work as I wouldn't have stayed at the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Tje check in procedure was very strict n took very long...an hour. It was cos we didnt use my or my partners credit card but my dad's credit card which they said wasn't allowed. We had make a few calls get the required and relevant documents by our dad before we could check in

Almost everything was good.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The balcony was a bit of a let down and was backed on to the shops so would get smoked out a lot.

The food in the restaurant was incredible, fresh sushi, chicken salad with fresh croutons absolutely stunning.

• Double or Twin Room

Was initially put in a room on the rear, but got it change to a front room. There was road works right outside, starting at 8am (not the hotels fault)

Visited before so knew what to expect, good clean hotel , close to the old town, and main thoroughfare. The room has recently been refurbished, so it is very nice now

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

nothing particularly

The property was conveniently located near the city center. Old town and restaurants are within walking distance. The parking was large, easy to park.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

One of the older receptionists was rather rude and unhelpful but the other staff really pleasant

Everything,great breakfast in the cafe/bar adjoined to the Hotel. Could walk to the old town or beach in a few minutes

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was dirty and full of hairs on the floor. They change us to another room and as compensation the allow us to drink the little bottle of water that they had in the room...a bit ridiculous

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Bit noise from the street

Cleaning done by Rosalia was excellent,daily and very meticulous.She is a really expert !!!Excellent matress,big room,modern and comfy.Receptionists very nice and helpful.Close to shop,center and Beach !

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There is nothing that I particularly didn't like. Since this was a budget hotel, I was honestly expecting less. The rooms are not fully soundproof, but everything else was well.

The hotel is well located for a budget friendly hotel. We did not try the breakfast as we were there for only a night. The shower was excellent - the TV is modern and the bed is comfy. The room was clean and the staff helpful. The attendant spoke English enough to carry on a conversation. I felt she was overloaded with work as she was the one who had to walk out with us to open the parking manually and then close it and then check us in etc..

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The facility was nice clean confortable The staff professional friendly and very helpful The restaurant is good I enjoyed the good specially the pulpo con salsa- don't remember how is call . I'm leaving a pic of it

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Quite noisy and the windows were not double glazed. Could hear everything outside - sometimes felt I was sleeping outside!

Staff were excellent. Location was perfect.

• Double or Twin Room

15 euros a day to use the hotel car park is steep but i found a car park 2 minutes away where you make a doination to park so cost me a couple of euros a day which was ok. there was only english news channels on the tv i would like to see more english tv channels

the rooms were very nice and cleaned daily. staff were friendly the location is right in the city centre a couple of minutes walk from the sea front and port. i would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

it's close to old town and the beach side. Wifi was perfect in the room. Taxis are waiting right outside of the hotel.Hotel is easy to find and walkable distance from the bus station.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We liked the position and the cleanliness of the hotel. Also the cafe bar attached to the hotel. Always nice to have on site parking. We will return.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was a kettle in the room but wish there were cups, tea, coffee etc. The cafe downstairs was great though.

Great hotel.Rooms clean. All we needed for a weekend stay. 5 mins from beach and 5 mins from Old Town. Perfect.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything. The position was great. The balcony was a bonus. The Mantra attached to the hotel served great food.. The receptionists were lovely. Very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Noisey air conditioning, unable to leave window open at night due to proximity of room to street(1st floor). Tea making facilities involve more than a kettle e.g. cups, tea coffee milk sugar etc.

Cleanliness and central location

• Double or Twin Room

This little hotel is right in the centre of town. You might expect it to be noisy, but the double glazing was so good that we had a really quiet night's sleep on a really comfy bed. Can't comment on the food, cos we didn't eat at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and approachable. Recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

- Little bit loud as the hotel is next to the biggest street on Marbella - The view is not so nice from the balcony, you see only big buildings, but we did not care as we stayed in the rooms only to sleep

- Comfortable new rooms - Easy parking in the garage of the hotel - Very well situated, walking distance to the beach and the centre of Marbella with plenty of restaurants

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Śniadanie to jakaś pomyłka, mała bułka i dżem. Breakfast it's mistake, small bread roll and jam.

Dobra lokalizacja, przyjazny personel. Good localization. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room looked newly refurbed. Clean very comfortable with quality bedding and towels changed each day. Situated just off the main bus route road. All in all excellent value for money for our 3 night stay..

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely large room with balcony facing the street . Newly renovated with new beds and shower . Perfect stay and would do so again if ever in Marbella again !

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms seem to have been renovated recently, which was a surprise because it didn't look like it from the outside. We got a very large and comfy balcony. Not far from the beach and there are convenience stores around the corner. Great experience!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was so clean and the bed really comfy. The hotel was lose to the beach but far enough away to that the noise at night was not disturbing. All staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No pool which would've taken it to the next level, restaurant seemed nice enough although we didn't try it - maybe could've thrown in breakfast!

This hotel is best for location - right in between the beach/marina area and the Old Town, less than a 5 min walk to each. Room was clean & modern.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel seemed brand new. The room and the whole hotel were clean and neat. We loved that we had a little balcony. The hotel is close to the beach and the old town is a short walk away.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double with Extra Bed (3 adults)

nothing excellent would've liked a pool but thats equaled to the short distance walk to the beach

very clean peaceful modern well designed room furniture and bathroom with priority to customer needs at the forefront

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Nothing!! Loved it

Room was small but comfortable for 3 adults & was kept absolutely spotless, with clean sheets & towels everyday. The ONLY criticism was that there was a kettle..but no cups!! Apart from that very small detail, it was excellent

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was no buffet breakfast available. The room was noisy. There was no hairdrier.

The hotel is located in walking distance from both the beach and the old city center. It is clean and comfortable, wi-fi is ok. Both the room and the bathroom are large and we also had a large terrace.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I had asked for a quiet room and was given one at the front of the hotel and it was fiesta!

The restaurant next door, accessible from thel lobby was very good.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe some cups and tea to go with the kettle- but really not the end of the world!!

The room was always immaculate. Perfect location and really friendly and helpful staff. Felt safe.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower was excellent, comfy beds Great location for old town and 10 mins walk to beach.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean enough. Bed not comfortable. No mini bar. No ironing facilities in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast felt a bit cheap

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely little hotel, great staff and great location! Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

The nicest staff ever. The hotel very clean. Great location.

• Double or Twin Room

Variety at breakfast. No proper cups and no tea bags or coffee etc.

Location and value.

• Double or Twin Room

No bar or resturant avalable as advertised. Parking to expensive, taxi rank outside entrance.

Room itself was OK.

• Double or Twin Room

Very modern hotel, shower was amazing

• Double or Twin Room

Only a kettle supplied in room, no tea and coffee provided.

Very clean and tidy hotel. Modern decoration. Ideal fo a three night stay.

It was all good

The hotel was very clean the staff were very friendly, it was our 26 th wedding anniversary and we throughly enjoyed our stay

Clean convienent 2 everything e

• Double or Twin Room

poor appearance of attached but closed resteaunt and very poor breakfast room in basement

clean and modern

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not worth the money, no fresh fruit, no milk.

Perfect bed!