Reviews of Benidorm Plaza 4 stars

Vía Emilio Ortuño, 18, 03501 Benidorm, Spain

#67 of 120 hotels in Benidorm

• Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee not replenished daily. We asked for more but were told we couldn't get. Uncomfortable first night due to Aircon not working advised reception and it was fixed very quickly.

Modern, bright hotel, nice room and facilities.

Positioning

Absolutely nothing to complain about , all staff very helpful and polite rooms comfortable and clean food was good. I didn’t stay in hotel for entertainment and hotel fulfilled all my requirements and is well positioned 5 mins from old town the beach and 20 mins to the strip , Perfect holiday all round! .

• Double or Twin Room

We booked through booking.com and received a free welcome drink as we are genius customers - our free drink was 2 very small bottles of still water in our room ?

Rooms are lovely and comfortable. Lovely pillows. Shower powerful and plenty of hot water.

• Double or Twin Room

The pool was still covered (travelled 3rd to 8th May) and the pool area wasn't as good as the photos portay. However, sunloungers on the beach 4.5euros and water lovely and clear - not rocky if you go onto beach directly down from the hotel.

Location is brilliant, a short walk to the old town, the beach, local bars and cafes and the strip. Taxi approx 7euros to go to the far end of town to the big tribute bars . Breakfast was really good . Beds very comfortable , bathroom clean and shower lovely. Room had tea and coffee making and we had a mini fridge which was great. All staff very polite and reception very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Sadly I was involved in a car accident in Benidorm and had to stay a few days longer for an alternative flight. Erica on reception went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable during my stay. I had chosen Benidorm plaza for location and price but the hotel staff are some of the best I’ve encountered. Would recommend to anyone, thank you Erica from the man in the wheelchair

• Double or Twin Room

Twin beds-a bit of a passion killer! Also air con not available-was a bit stuffy at night

It was a fantastic location and really enjoyed out stay. the breakfast was fantastic!

• Double or Twin Room

Pool was difficult to use, caps etc , very hot inside, as a couple, single beds was not what I thought I booked, but were comfortable, no toilet brush,

Food was fine, staff very helpful, room was clean and tidy. Location,

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee cup..... I prefer mug....Water at dinner to expensive

Really enjoyed our stay ...would go back again very central ....the staff really nice...one chap needs a special mention Sumco on reception a pleasure to have met

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

Initially booked for my wife and her sister then needed an extra bed for a friend... Erica on reception sorted it out and pointed me in the right direction .. on arrival at separate times , the girls had no problem at all

• Double or Twin Room

8pm is a late start for dinner. No noise insulation between rooms as we could hear voices from next rooms very clearly.

Great to have Tea/Coffee facility in the room. Some of the dining room staff were unpleasant. Bar staff very good and friendly.

• Quadruple Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Hair in the breakfast, twice. Loud crunchy beds. Fooled by the photos, it looks like a new modern hotel in the photos but quickly you realize it's been tarted up with screwed on extérieur and a bright paint job. Good work to jazz it up but it doesn't make it a four star hotel, hence me thinking the price was too cheap to be believed!! I'd rather pay what I did expecting a 3* and be satisfied or impressed.

Location is awesome. Check in staff were very friendly and accommodating! Five stars for the lady that checked us in and made us feel welcome!!! Late night staff... not so much... but I guess in Benidorm they get a lot more trouble with late night guests or people sneaking guys/girls into their room. As I was made to feel coming home with my husband! 🤣 After already being there five nights I thought they would have known us by then. Never been asked who I was and to prove it in any hotel before, let alone a 4* place. Like I said though, Benidorm does attract a certain type of class and behavior, although they should not class everyone the same just for returning to their room at 4am? 🤣🤣

• Double or Twin Room

The entertainment could improve each night very similar and boring after a while. I appreciate many Spanish people stay here but they also have many people from the UK ,so maybe they should consider catering for both instead of purely Spanish holidaymakers.

Choice of food very good something to suit everyone. Staff very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable bed.door didn't unlock.radiator was stuck on.problems with one of the lifts.all issues except for the lift were resolved after reception were informed.

Location and car park available. Breakfast was good

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

Small room for 3 persons and expensive. Room for 2 adults and a child. Not for 3 adults. The closet was so unpractical plazed that i had had my luggage on the balkony!

The bath tub.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff not friendly and sometimes rude. Room not particularly clean. Decor in room dated. Overall the hotel needs updating and felt more like a budget hotel than a 4* hotel. Ridiculous that the tea/coffee in the room was not refilled everyday. There was only just enough tea/coffee on arrival only. Have never had that before in a hotel or B&B ever!!

Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Double or Twin Room

Old fashioned and needed an update. Paper thin floor and walls - could hear people just talking upstairs and when the drunken revellers arrived at 2 in the morning...... Not a good night's sleep.

Location, parking (although expensive), great breakfast, comfy beds

• Double or Twin Room

breakfast. horrid sausages and scrambled eggs. don't touch the black pudding either. nearly broke a tooth on the Bacon.

comfy rooms. nice powerful shower

• Double or Twin Room

Very Clean rooms, cleaned everyday. Food was lovely & lots of choice. Indoor pool, jacuzzi & gym for not so sunny days. Club down stair. Staff very helpful & friendly. Overall PERFECT. Would recommend. Great location & will be returning asap

• Double or Twin Room

Could not stay for entertainment as the room was too hot. Also had to ask to turn off heating in our room as it was excessively hot.

The location was perfect to enjoy the area without being near lots of noise. Walking distance to everything! Staff were exceptionally helpful. Excellent breakfast!

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

1. They provide tea and coffee in the room only for the first night. There were three of us in the room, and we were only given 2 small sachets of milk.... When we explained the was the of us, they said that we have to buy it ourselves. Very disappointing service from a 4 star hotel. 2. They don't allow anything to be taken from the restaurant.... Even a piece of fruit that we wanted to eat out by the pool area. Absolutely pathetic since we had paid for full board. 3. They charge money to hire a towel to take to use in their own hotel pool. Absolutely ridiculous for a 4 star hotel to charge for spare towel, especially if you have just forgotten to bring a towel from the room. 4. We had to change rooms because the beds were directly under large light fittings so if you take your head of the pillow, you will smack your head. Also there was 1 electric point in the room, and the kettle es plugged into this. If you want to charge more then one device at a time you have to use the bathroom electricity socket. 5. They charge to use the room safe (an actual payment, not just a deposit)... Once again a very money making mentality that one would not expect of a 4 star hotel that I already paid £100 to stay in. 6. They charge to use the sauna. 7. No umbrellas for guests to borrow.

Buffet food was tasty (we were full board), though a bit repetitive (especially for vegetarians). Location was good. Good WiFi. Heated indoor pool area.

• Double or Twin Room

Public areas a little dark.

Dining room could do with some outside space. Would have liked more selection of bread but other than that breakfast was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Double bed turned out to be 2 single beds made up separately 15 Euros to park per day was excessive As a vegetarian food was limited - only scrambled eggs (always looked old/ dry or fried - no omelette Meals were extremely repetitive

Location was fine.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed - the room - the thin walls - the thin floors - the noise from adjoining guests - the breakfast - no drinking water - no glasses in bathroom - no soap - hair dryer next to useless - friends booked it because it was cheap. Yes it was cheap - never again.

Not much - lifts were good

• Double Room Single Use

Didn’t care for breakfast bacon under cooked and very fatty hard to find things very little staff. Staff at reception not very friendly which is unusual for benidorm

Heated pool was a bonus, rooms small but clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Dividing walls between rooms not very good as we could here the TV and other guests snoring and others in the bathroom

Complementary bottle of champagne for birthday even tho this was not mentioned to staff

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

Some of the staff were quite unpleasant. The night porter made rude gestures toward is when coming in from a night out. They say that they cater for celiac people but provide a very poor selection. One of the serving staff shouted at my friend for trying to take a gluten free muffin out of the dining room

Rooms were clean and comfortable, covered and heated pool was fantastic but we were confused about why swimming caps were compulsory, this was really quite odd

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was terrible on each day.

The room was very comfortable and we had a nice surprise in that a bottle of Champagne was delivered to us to say Happy Birthday

• Double or Twin Room

A bit chaotic at breakfast, a bit of a free for all but still flowed quite well.

very clean fresh looking room and bathroom. The hotel was well run and in a good location.

• Double or Twin Room

The adjoining doors weren’t soundproof.. the man next door was coughing all the time & his tv was very loud.... it was really noisy!!!

Lovely & clean

Nothing. Would recommend.

Our first time trying this hotel with a group of friends. Idealy located for the old town, beach and 10 minutes from Jeremy Kyle end. Staff were friendly, rooms clean and value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the hotel

Staff were very friendly, I requested 5 twin rooms close to each other and my request was fulfilled..Location close to the old town was great. The hotel and area was nice and quite at night.

• Double or Twin Room

The food at this hotel is of a very high standard and suits all tastes and dietary needs.

We booked this hotel last minute and was pleasantly surprised on arrival, the staff where fantastic and very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Extra charge for using the sauna and jacuzzi. Although it was not advertised on the site, either booking. Com or the hotels. You only find out when you ask to use it. Having to pay before I stay. Cleaning staff very late. Went out 9.30 came back about 3pm. Room not serviced.

• Double or Twin Room

We booked this hotel for the spa but was told this was extra.fair enough but the price was ridiculous for 1 hr only they should let u use it for the day for that price also I was refused at 5 am milk to have a brew before I flew home so that in itself annoyed me wldnt even let me have a drop just as a good well gesture

• Double or Twin Room

Small bedroom , good only average , noisy people shouting and laughing in the evening ,certainly not 4 star people , they lack total respect for others ,, did not complain as thought it would be a waste of time , , probably would have been told ,, well it's aBenidorm , what do you expect ,,

Nothing really I was dissapointed from the start , and seeing the small bedroom I realised this is not going to get better

• Double or Twin Room

The amenities- Jacuzzi and sauna are charged by the hour, no info abiut this before booking,the pool was very cold even though it states heated. Also when getting dressed one morning other guest's entered our room.... the reception staff allocated our room to other customers. No apology.

Central location, close to old town and beach.Very clean, room cleaned everyday. Staff were friendly only had b/b couldn't fault the champange breakfasts...

• Double or Twin Room

The staff attitudes, they had made a mistake on my payment, I had to make another one as hotel would not allow for refund to clear before I made another transaction as a result of this a charged of £12 was issued by my credit card company as the refund took three days to clear and that put me over my limit, I asked for our rooms to be together we were told they were full (in feb) only to find out only half the hotel was occupied, the beds were old, mattress very uncomfortable, and only given complimentary coffee and tea in our rooms on our arrival nothing for rest of our stay

the only good thing about the hotel was there breakfast very fresh and lots of choice

• Double or Twin Room

excellent location next to old town; buses and beach. I have to comment on dining room which was well above excellent . So clean ; staff friendly plenty of choice and really tasty food

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been hotter. Though well done for the early breakfast on the morning of our early pick up.

The room was spotlessly clean, the beds comfortable and the bathroom was properly stocked with all you could possibly need. The view was fine and we could just see the sea. The TV was tuned into BBC Wales 1and2 so we weren't homesick. On the night of my birthday we were left a bottle of bubbly, a nice gesture which was well appreciated considering we were only there for a short stay. It's nice to know that when you get older you custom is still valued

Food was very basic, not much choice. drinks very expensive £9 for table waters - complained to reception about food quality and they told me to contact booking.com - I could'nt be bothered as I was only there for 4 nights. Bar area was dark needs a revamp - no entertainment

Room warm and comfy and clean

• Double or Twin Room

Great location on the edge of old town. Friendly staff and hotel clean. Comfortable beds and room has plenty of storage. Useful fridge and kettle.

• Double or Twin Room

I felt the hotel was in need of some modernisation, it is very retro style with the interiors and could be doing with a makeover , to be honest i have been in a 3star hotel and it was much nicer , however we did enjoy our stay .

The staff were a credit to this hotel , from reception staff to the restaurant staff and cleanning staff they were so very nice and helpful .

The whole experiance

The food was of a very poor standard not worth the money no better than transport café ,there was no music or anything other than a tree to give a Christmas atmosphere it did not feel like Christmas in any way .My advise is to give this a miss for Christmas

• Double or Twin Room

The Lifts down to Dining room and Bar are too small and difficult to understand the system when using guest card

The breakfast choice was very wide, a good menu. One problem was the short period of time should have been open till 10.30am especially Xmas with late evening entertainment and wanting a little extra time in bed!The Lifts

• Double or Twin Room

Room was excellent and very spacious. Gala dinner and breakfast were superb quality for the cost involved. Overall stay was brilliant value for money.

The difficulty of parking the car for a few minutes whilst checking in. There are some parking spaces by the front door but they are locked off (for staff?) and access to the garage is not available until AFTER checking in. This is a very difficult situation which should and could be addressed.

The disabled accessible rooms here are very good. We have stayed here several times now.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was tiny, must have been the smallest room in the hotel, our balcony was half the size of the other rooms and extremely warm, the hotel was not full so I can’t understand why they put us in such a tiny room, very very disappointed!

• Double or Twin Room

Pool area not of a great size for a 16 story hotel. Evening meal times 8pm not very good if you want to go out at a nite and be able to find somewhete to sit.

Great location with 5-10 minute walk to the beach, right on border of the old and new towns. Plenty of bars line the beach prom with the "lively" area of benidorm a 15minute walkaway.

• Double Room Single Use

One person on the reception for check-in with a massive queue, took over an hour! Lifts were ridiculously slow, may as well have walked up the stairs. Room looked like it was decorated back in the 80’s by a blind man! Bed was not comfy! Lots and lots of small problems, dirty sheets, cracks in walls, unfinished painting, door and wall chips, shower knobs loose and dirty!

Great location! Really friendly staff, always happy to help! Great sunbathing and pool area with table tennis and fustol table too! Amazing bathroom facilities in the room!

• Double Room Single Use

it's kept to a very high standard .. food excellent .. only compliant was my room was at the back and lots of raid noise .. I was only there one night but if longer I think I would have asked to be moved

It's clean and rooms are a nice size.. good quality furnitute that is well maintained

• Double or Twin Room

Iv'e been to Benidorm a few times but never stayed in the old town before. Next time I go I will be staying here again as the entrance of the hotel sits right on the main street which leads to all of the restaurants and shops in the old town whilst also being quiet, comfortable and great value for money. The food is excellent and it also has a great bar and swimming pool.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like having to pay to park at the hotel when I'm paying to stay in the hotel. One set of complementary coffee etc on arrival. We didn't know it was complementary and wouldn't be replaced on a daily basis, a bit of a cheapskate attitude. Shower facilities need sorted, the showerhead was blocked with limescale causing the water to spray at unusual angles.

the location. An average hotel meeting our needs for an easy, convenient break.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff had no time for anyone, no acknowledgment in dining hall. Hot food was cold. Cancelled room card a few hours prior to check out.

The room was modern and clean

• Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The whole experience was really disappointing and wouldn't ever book with either booking.com or the accomadation again.

Nothing I also think that booking.com need to rake some responserbilty as they said that the room was like not a double room as they don't do them yet booking.com confirmed that was the case

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast wasn't that great, 1 member of staff not that friendly - reported a broken shower head, wasn't fixed. Only a news channel in English

Location was excellent, 2 members of staff very friendly. Nice good sized clean room

• Double or Twin Room

in the indor swimming pool there is no lockers to keep your staff!!! you need change in WC

the location very good and the need improove the buffet for 4*

• Double or Twin Room

The evening entertainment was minimal but to be expected given that we travelled late October into November.

The hotel was very clean and tidy and in a great location for both the beach, the strip and the old town. A good selection of food at breakfast and evening meal.

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

The cleaners wer extremely loud round our room at 10 in the morning, but quiet as mice round the rest of the hotel at appropriate times of the day. The staff at the bar are terrible as the customer service was as bland as a bowl of plain rice.(rest of staff was good at there jobs) We basically got a view off elderly people sunbathing and the bins to next doors hotel.

The bed was really comfy

• Double or Twin Room

Tried to communicate on several occassions about early check in and double beds etc but got zero replies and then could not do what we wanted.

Great friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about.

Great variety at both breakfast and dinner. Dinner options varied widely each evening. Great location. No noise from outside. Very close to local amenities and the beach. They let us in for breakfast 15 mins early as we had an early shuttle back to the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

lifts not adequate on 4 persons at a time and use only by card very slow hair drier provided gets very hot when used.

great location, lovely spacious rooms. Breakfast great, lovely selection.

• Double or Twin Room

The Pool area was a bit disappointing , pool enclosed , not a big area to sit outside

The staff on the bar and reception area very friendly also the staff for cleaning the room, nothing too much trouble! It was my Birthday while I stayed at the Hotel and they sent us a bottle of Cava and a card to say Happy Birthday which was a lovely surprise! Really appreciate the kind thought

• Double or Twin Room

Bit expensive for what you got, Tea and coffee only for the 1st night. not replaced rest of holiday

Clean hotel, nice staff, bottle of cava sent to the room for my wife's birthday. Nice touch

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was great, the staff were lovely and very helpful the rooms were spacious and the food was lovely something for everyone. The location was great near both shops and the beach Overall a great hotel and I would deff stay again!!

Having facilities of tea and coffee in the room but having to get the tea coffee and milk yourself after using it on arrival

Proximity to the old town and promenade

• Twin Room (3 Adults)

Staff and meal were exceptional. Very quite rooms although very close to shopping streets. Located within 10-15 minutes from two beaches. Big balcony. On arrival welcomming water, tea and coffee in the room. Kettle and cups. Everyday new lunch and dinner meals. Food is so amazing that you might put a little bit of weight as you want to try everything :)) 11 out of 10 :)) For those travelling with breakfast only - you will be full till 13:00-14:00 for sure :)) Breakfast has cold and hot meals and champagne :)) Very cean, new towels everyday. We loved everyone and verything :))

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms where a bit small and outdated for the price, toilet shower room door was coming apart at the bottom which made a look a little tatty

Staff where friendly and helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Only 1 days shower and shampoo provided, the same with tea and coffee. Really at the price charged per night they should do better. With the power system you had to be present in the room to charge electronic devices. A hotel with 5 star prices and 3 star facilities.

Be nice if dinner started at 7pm

Nothing was too much trouble asked to have late check out no problem change beds from double to single no problem check in very fast can I get in my room early check in no problem

• Double or Twin Room

Bar service. Pool area & pool.....too small. Air con in room. Dinner choice.

Croissants beautiful. Fruit beautiful Hot food good. Bed & bedding very clean & comfy. Pool area too small,very cluttered. Reception staff pleasant & helpful. Bar & breakfast staff quite unpleasant. Slow bar service. Great location.

• Quadruple Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

No outside pool even though it's on the beach but them beach steps can b a killer when jus want to relax

Staff couldn't do enough for us would def recommend

• Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Bathroom is weirdly planned. WC is too close to the wall, so you can't sit straight on it. It's not a big deal if you are slim, but otherwise... Another thing is a shower. You should really work hard to not spill water on the floor, so we ended up with a towel permanently laying on the floor. Safety first! What's also should be mentioned is location. There are a lot of cafes and restaurants around. So we kept balcony door closed almost all the time to keep all smells from all foods and the processes of making these foods out, along with the noise.

Clean room, friendly and helpful stuff, really good food and drinks. Room has air conditioning, TV and even small plastic kettle. There were no major issues with WiFi.

• Double or Twin Room

would have liked a balcony with a sunny aspect late afternoon/evening however the location of the hotel does not seem to have the concur with this on any balcony. but hey, sometimes after being poolside all day a little shade is welcome.

all staff were great.check in was efficient. maids did an excellent job as did the entertainments guy. found the food to be very good and varied.from bbq and paella nights to steak,fish or lamb. pretty varied dishes all well cooked and quickly replenished when running down. the restaurant staff were exeptional.,always attentive even when busy and when we had a slight problem when wine from the previous evening couldn't be located,a new bottle was quickly sent to the table.

• Double or Twin Room

No British tv channels apart from News channels. Would have liked bbc/itv. Entertainment catered for Spanish.

Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Nice food. Close to old town and beach.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Evening meal time at 8pm is late for most English people as we usually eat between 6 or 7pm. We know the Spanish like to eat late which we understand but can I suggest that the meal time be lowered to say 7.30pm to suit both parties? Kind Regards Mrs Kathleen Frances Notson

We had a very enjoyable time and couldn't fault the Hotel. Food and choice of meals was excellent, so was hygiene and speed of staff to service any requirement. Everything was Top Rate and the position of the Hotel was good for local transport, Shops and Beach.