Reviews of Hotel Trafalgar 3 stars

#281 of 351 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Madrid by foot

Everything was ok.

Location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to everything in Madrid, staff ready to help with everything we asked. Breakfast simple but ok. Lookin forward to our next visit.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

All be said above. We will be going back.
    • Double or Twin Room

Better cafeteria/restaurant with a late closing time like 10 pm ( 22 hr) o so. A small fridge in the room will be of great help to keep water and medicine specially for people of certain age.

It's the second time we use this facility in our trips to Spain, and we planing to go back in may 2019, Price is affordable, staff is professional and the location is right in the middle of everything.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The location was good, really close to shopping streets,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are super thin so you can hear people walking around, using the shower and flushing the toilet. So if you are a light sleeper I would not recommend- it was a little bit quieter on the higher levels of the hotel though, so I would request that to avoid the noise

The location was good, really close to shopping streets, safe area, in the middle of the city. Staff were excellent- we initially had a room next to the lift and stairs so it was super noisy but as soon as we told staff they moved us to another room with no fuss

I recommend it. Good stay.

Very clean and comfortable. Staff was kind and helpful. Good location. Great price. Not far from the most famous landmarks. Shops and restaurants all around.

Ideal for me for this occasion.

Could have had a better breakfast menu, and the catering facility was not always available, but this is of low importance as there so many options nearby.

All the she staff I met were friendly & helpful. Good location and near to what I wanted.

It was so so.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room did not have coffee machine. The breakfast did not have many options. Some staffs could not speak English at all.

the room was clean. The location was great.

NOT THE BEST PLACE I HAVE STAYED IN

VERY BOXY ROOM. QUITE COLD. NO TEA OR COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES, NO FRIDGE AND THE TV WAS APPALLING WITH THE ONLY CHANE IN ENGLISH BEING CNN RECYCLING. JUST SOMETHING YOU COULD WATCH IN THIS COLD BOX WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE.

NOT A LOT

Thankfully it was only for one night
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival, I was given the key to my room, but when I got there, it was a twin room, instead of the double I had booked. I returned to reception to explain, and the night manager shrugged, and told me they were fully booked, so could not offer my preferred choice of room. I was shocked that this had not been revealed when I had booked, but had nowhere else to go at 10pm, so returned to the room. Then, the smell of cannabis started floating into the room from the central heating system. I called the reception, and the night manager came up, smelled the room, and agreed. So, they moved me to another room. Aside from this bad start, I was still disappointed with the hotel: the facilities were very outdated, and my (new) room had an awful damp, sewage-y smell in the bathroom; the Wi-Fi was not free in the room (LAN cables were available from reception instead), and the ceiling was so thin I could hear every step from the room above like a hammer. I would not recommend this hotel to other travellers, and will be staying elsewhere on my next visit to Madrid.

Good hotel

Very poor breakfast, not the best Wi-Fi in the room

Nice view from room for the city, good set of cosmetics, even for shaving, Hotel is very near to two lines of metro

Average experience

But to be honest I was a little bet surprised with the room size cs the photos on the website didn't reflect that small riom size but it wasn't an issue due to my short stay.

I stayed in "Trafalgar" for few hours like half a day. The check in and out process where smooth and free of hustle. The room was clean and quiet which was very essential to me to sleep

This was a Valentine's weekend break for us. Cheap flight, nice hotel and a shopping spree.
    • Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room.? Other residents allowed to be noisy and boisterous at 1am after regular nights out

Easy, very cheap metro connection from airport to hotel. No language barriers.

Nice location, very close to metro station, very clean and...

The bed was a bit small, my feet were practically floating in the air

Nice location, very close to metro station, very clean and worth the money. Toiletries were of good quality as well which is important for someone travelling with hand luggage only

Small comfortable hotel with good eating options nearby

The whole buildng needs some refurbishment. Nevertheless is all very clean and well kept.

The staff were very nice and welcoming, the view from the room was lovey

A good place with helping people, but that would gain to enhance its facilities.

The breakfast was honestly disappointing. Not what you can expect in Spain ! Also, the TV remote was not working, I needed someone to come after midnight just to turn it down.

Staff was helping, nice people, good location and still a quite place to stay. There are good restaurants in the neighbourhood. Oh and I loved the view from he 7th floor !

Good, practical hotel with friendly staff and good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls thin so could be a bit noisy depending on your neighbors but no noise from street.

Functional hotel very well located for transport, restaurants, etc.

Not worth your money.

There is no insonorization. You can hear everything from the employes to other guests in other rooms. The breakfast is a joke and not worth the price of 7€. And at the end, you MUST leave the key at the reception desk, which indicates me the property is not willing to make the necessary investments it needs like, in this case, to use magnetic cards.

It was clean. Air conditioning was good.

Functional hotel in a great area. I would definitely return.

No tea/coffee making facilities

I booked this hotel because of the balcony. When we arrived we had been allocated a room without a balcony- however the receptionist managed to move us the next day to a balcony room.

A nice restful place for a stopover after a lengthy trip.

Room was a little cold, though the heating worked well when I discovered how to turn it on!

Lovely big room, quiet and calm, although overlooking a busy crossroads.

Clean, comfortable, helpful staff, and value for money.

A little more sound-proofing would have improved my stay. Other residents didn't seem to worry about making noise late at night as much as maybe I did.

The room was a good size, balcony was a nice surprise, plenty of complimentary toiletries were also useful.

Great hotel for a person traveling in business with family!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was quite simple, but I enjoyed it in any case. My Spanish husband complained that it was too expensive for it was though.

Great hotel for a person traveling in business with family! Clean, comfortable, we got a baby bed and a view to the street and the windows blocked the street noise effectively, very nice staff who spoke English. Also, a very nice neighborhood with lots of metro stations, restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping possibilities. Can recommend!

Cheap stay not long from the centre

Breakfast was to simple and you'd should ask for juice. Coffee was not nice also.

Bed was big and there where lots of pillows. Room was quiet and big.

Good choice for this location, room itself not so great and skip breakfast

Room was Very small (student dorms are bigger), elevator was not working (5th floor..), hallway on every floor was extremely noisy, breakfast was just.. noop.

Good tv, big closet in the room, many mirrors, balcony, location, reasonably close to metro stations

6 days sounds long in a city but so much to see in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

Metro is very very very crowded ,always have to stand up rammed in all way every day whatever time,but it’s fast and cheap

Very comfortable large room big balcony. Breakfast plenty enough, Near to Iglesias Metro for travel in to city centre Nice area for going out at night ,fab restaurant Sagaretxe round corner.

Very nice stay, breakfast very basic and I was charged for...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice stay, breakfast very basic and I was charged for an extra tea and coffee at breakfast when i checked out which i thougt was a bit petty after paying 246 euro for a 2-night stay.

I wasn't allowed to store my luggage in the hotel when I...

I wasn't allowed to store my luggage in the hotel when I checked out. The thing is that I checked with the staff before, and they said yes. In the end, I have to have another reaervation to store my luggage.It was not good experience.

Comfortable, with my needs being considered on most occasions.

On departure, the doorman had to be asked to hail a taxi. He then didn't offer to assist with luggage. I found this irritating.

On arriva, the.doorman and receptionist were welcoming and helpful.During my short stay, the gentlemen at reception were polite and willing to assist. Thank you.

Hotel Trafalgar Chamberi...a superb location in a fabulous area of Madrid!

Last visit I booked a single and they gave me an upgrade to a double room...this visit I booked a single and they made me pay a supplement to get a double room although the hotel wasn't busy....

Nice rooms, comfy beds, good free wifi, brilliant location and great value for money....my second stay in 2 weeks....

Very good location near Quevedo subway station (200 mt).

If you think about going with big luggage you will have some issues due to the small elevator.

Very good location near Quevedo subway station (200 mt). Staff was friendly and I would highlight how they offered me the chance to carry my breakfast early in the morning because my flight left Spain at 6.30am and the breakfast was served in the hotel after that time.

My check out Supposed to be at 13:00 maximum
    • Double or Twin Room

My check out Supposed to be at 13:00 maximum One of the staff called me and tell me that I should leave soon it was around 12:30 then I told him that I need 10 minutes after that he answered by saying "10 minutes not mooore " in a very aggressive way !! And I was astonished!!

The hotel was in a great location and very convenient (close...

The only problem was that the internet connection was inconsistent. One day it did not work at all. Had I been here for a vacation, it would not have been a big deal, but since I needed to do work, it was very inconvenient.

The hotel was in a great location and very convenient (close to a metro stop). The room was clean and quiet (because of the double windows going out onto the balcony). The staff was helpful.

Quality hotel in a great location

Breakfast is minimal at best. Expanding the offerings could help.

The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and what I needed as a solo traveler for a week stay. Very convenient for the metro.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good value for money, but very noisy

The size of the single room is a bit too small. The shower is very, very small. The hotel is noisy, the walls like paper, you can hear everything what is happening in the other rooms. I spent three nights in the hotel and I didn't get too much sleep.

The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great location, tiny rooms

The location of this hotel in the Chamberi area is great. It's located close to 2 Metro stations. I used the Iglesia Metro Station all the time with a 5 day tourist pass. The hotel is also located close to Banks as I needed some Euros, and there are grocery stores or markets nearby. There is a Pharmacy next to the hotel, so everything you could possible need is within a 5 minute walk. However, the rooms are very small, the walls are thin, and you have to turn in your key to the front desk when you leave. Maid service left me with some reservations about security, they had all the rooms open while cleaning, and only two maids where on the floor, so there were 2 rooms unattended, but open for someone to walk in. I would stay in the area again when visiting Madrid, but probably not at the same hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Don't Go

The staff at reception was appalling. A person with bad attitude who did not make a single effort to understand my needs. And he also had bad attitude.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Short stay in Madrid

English level of the stuff. Only one elevator and sometimes you should wait about 3-5 minutes. Nothing to select for breakfast. It is more continental rather then buffet. Furniture itself is a bit outdated.

A lot of toilers in the bathroom. (dental kit, shaving kit, e.t.c.). Stuff was willing to help. Cheap but rather good lunches that you can get in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

convenient

The walls are not soundproof, even if people were not really noisy you could hear them.

The hotel is in a great location close to metro which brings you in city centre within 15 minutes. It's quite convenient to airport as well. The room was generally clean but you could spot mold in the bathroom. The staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Fair

Noisy neighbors banging doors, shouting in the middle of the night

Good location and connection to public transport. Many bathroom supplies Kind and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

The staff were very friendly and the room was perfect for my...

The Internet did fit m cut out a couple of times but I was on the top floor so no surprise. There weren't many breakfast options

The staff were very friendly and the room was perfect for my stay. Very convenient location too

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

good location near metro and close to a plaza with bars and...

Breakfast is ok, but nothing more

good location near metro and close to a plaza with bars and restaurants. It is a pleasant 20 minute walk to Plaza Mayor and the Madrid sights. Rooms and facilities are as you expect from Best Western.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

All in all a very nice hotel,would stay again if in Madrid.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing really only where the hotel is situated.Would like to have been nearer the centre.Alrhough the hotel is on a fairly main road you could'nt hear the traffic at night.

The breakfast was adequate although not too much choice and the same everyday.Friendly staff,clean room and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

It was lovely!

The croissants were amazing. The staff were very friendly and it was such an adorable place. Loved it! Would definitely come again!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Excellent soundproofing, very good blinds and amazingly good...

Poor breakfast: little choice and quality.

Excellent soundproofing, very good blinds and amazingly good pillow.

Very specious room, excellent view and location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very specious room, excellent view and location. Very helpful staff.

Making the bed more confort

3 stars not too bad but the bed horrible is like sleeping on the floor

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Un hotel estupendo.

nada

Un hotel estupendo.

We had a lovely stay, me and my family. The location was great and we had all facilities

I did like everything

I did like the location and facilities

Wonderful !
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful ! near metro station,very clean,very friendly staff,quiet place! i will return!

Great for business trip

Breakfast was very easy but tasty. Room was too small.

Clean and nice room

Wifi is very poor

Clean and nice room

Great 3 star hotel with very good staff and a great location

Great location. Blue and Red line Metro link withing 5 mins

Lobby personal very friendly and location.

Walls in the rooms are paper walls very noisy...you can hear people from another rooms talking..

Lobby personal very friendly and location..

Good location for exploring Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

it was a bit grubby overall.

the location was good, but noisy.

The location is brilliant, centrally situated and within...

The location is brilliant, centrally situated and within walking distance from sites and restaurants. A good base to explore Madrid from.

The quality of bed should be improved.

the bed sheet is not good. There is too much static.

location is very good and it is very clean.

Sorpresa desagradable

Wifi no funcionaba

Large room

Bath towel was not changed. Safe deposit box was small. Lift

Large room Silence Bed Wardrobe

Satisfactorio en general

Satisfactorio en general

Perfectly adequate and well located

The bed was a little hard

The room was very clean and had a decent sized balcony

very helpful staff

very helpful staff

Very nice room.

Very nice room. Good value for money.

Near a nice little plaza with restaurants.

Cleaning service was not good. The breakfast below average.

Near a nice little plaza with restaurants.

Worked perfectly for me for a short stay. Close to the center and 3-4 min away from 2 metro stations

Wifi wasn’t really good. Couldn’t use it most of the time. I was on the 3rd floor.

Location was very good.

Good location near to two Metro stations

Thin walls

Good location near to two Metro stations Staff very pleasant Clean facilities with comfortable bed

Air conditioning

Uncomfortable bed and pillows Very poor breakfast Old fashioned room key system No fridge

Air conditioning Cleanliness

A pleasant l

The hotel was clean and quiet.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel because it was very comforter ball I felt safe and secure

I got stuck in the lift

The people at the front the desk were very helpful and polite and friendly too

Comfortable bed, clean, and TV airco .

Breaskfast 7 euro and not even scrambled eggs, just WHITE BREAD, No cold milk for cereals, very poor!

Comfortable bed, clean, and TV airco ...all good

Breakfast was poor.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast was poor. Not worth the extra that we paid for.

No frills but clean, comfortable room and good value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Somewhat narrow space for shower.

Good, clean room with helpful staff and a fine value.

Great Location!

The location was amazing. Easy to walk to the main tourist attractions The room was very clean and tidy

FABULOUS LOCATION IN A COOL BARRIO IN MADRID
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely modern rooms in a superb location in Madrid, and the staff were friendly.

No coffee maker.
    • Double or Twin Room

No coffee maker. The staffs dont speak English. Found difficult to communicate.

Excellent location for my purposes and very kind staff

Excellent location for my purposes and very kind staff

breakfast

breakfast

Excellent value for money

Room size is quite small, not easy to actually use the desk

Excellent location, friendly staff, good view if you get a top floor room with balcony

Browse Hotel Trafalgar traveller photo gallery