Reviews of Best Western Premier Hotel Dante 4 stars

Mallorca, 181, Eixample, 08036 Barcelona, Spain

#203 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing much to say about. We ordered from room service and the food was not good at all.

We booked 2 rooms with twin beds at the hotel. It had a good location, many good restaurants around, not far from the centre (around 600m) and safe to walk even in the middle of the night Rooms were good size and clean I’m bit fussy about the bed size and mattress, the twin bed was good size and comfortable Toilets were clean with all what you need available like a 5 star hotel A bus station in front of the hotel but we never had to take a bus as walking was a better option

Excellent hotel with a magnificent, spacious room, office...
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel with a magnificent, spacious room, office and balcony. We loved staying here. The location was perfect and it was quiet. The neighbourhood has some great places to explore. I would highly recommend staying here and will be doing so myself when next in Barcelona.

Perfect location, good facilities, execellent brekfast &...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Perfect location, good facilities, execellent brekfast & reasonable priced lobby bar. Excellent hotel in city center. 5-10 minutes taxi drive or 10-25 min walk to the most of Barcelona attractions.

brilliant hotel and great staff

left my passport in my room and didnt realise till i was at the airport, staff were ver quick to find it for me and organised a taxi to bring it to me, brilliant customer service and went above and beyond.

Worth your pocket
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is very good for tourist, and also for public transportation. I mean it is not very very close but it's within 10mins. There are a lot of plenty perfect restaurant around the hotel. My wife likes the bed very much. It is very clean. Recommend

Great hotel, horrible wifi.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi was HORRIBLE. You couldn't even connect in your bedroom. You had to go down to the lobby for decent service. The location wasn't bad, you had to walk/taxi to anywhere, most places were 1-2km away so it was too bad.

The place was very clean, the air conditioning worked as expected. The breakfast was limited, but good, it had everything you would expect. It has a simple bar and a place to work. The staff was very nice and very helpful

The Place to Stay for a fabulous time in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

- Wifi connection on my lap top was weak, poor and not stable hence difficult to work in the room. - Extremely high temperature in the public room of the hotel, very unpleasant.

+ Upgrade to a room with balcony, seperate toilet and two big seperate beds without any surcharge or other additional costs. + Very friendly personnel. + Excellent breakfast. + Fantastic location in the very heart of Barcelona with all facilities in the direct proximity of this hotel Dante such as supermarket, restaurants, shops, dry cleaner, hairdressers and all other required daily items... + Public transport close. + Quality of the bed. All in all: strongly recommended hotel and therefore necessary to book way in advance !

Good for people visiting as you can walk to quite a few attractions.
    • Family Room

A bit noisy in the morning (with the cleaning i guess), breakfast ok but a little repetitive.

Friendly staff, good location, clean and modern rooms. Good coffee and juice at breakfast, not crowded.

A very enjoyable family holiday.
    • Family Room

Location was a little further from the city attractions than is ideal.

The room was very comfortable and spacious, kept really clean and the service was excellent.

Barcelona for a family of 5
    • Family Room

Upon check in and a long drive... the front desk clerk was a little less tha friendly. With 3 young kids waiting... check in took at least 15 to 20 minutes.

The room setup was great for 5 of us. The breakfast was lovely and location was amazing. Easy walk to may sights.

Great central place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in a tripple room with a balcony. Room was very clean and we had plenty of toiletries + gowns and slippers. Location of the hotel is perfect for sight seeing We walked everywhere. The fresh apples in reception were very juicy never had such lovely big red Appels before. Breakfast was amazing! Worth eating in the hotel before you go out of the day. The selection of hot and cold food options exceeded my expectations it was all very tasty and plenty to choose from. Ps be sure to have some of their homemade cake😉

Great hotel in Great location.

I had breakfast included. It was ok. Not the best. People very nice.

Nice hotel with Great location. 10 minutes walking to Las Ramblas in a very nice neighborhood. Bus stop in front of hotel. 5 minutes by taxi to train station (€6 euros) Very gentle people for check in-out with a lot of information to go around. 500m to tourist bus.

I was a bit disappointed with Barcelona as a whole it just wasn't right for my wife and I
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was a little on the small side, the cleaner took things away from the room when we were out and didn't replace them i,e, toiletries, and mini bar drinks, cups and coffee making facilities, she also took a cloth i had taken for the specific purpose of keeping my glasses clean

the hotel was very well appointed and the staff were very competant and friendly,

I felt like at home. Thanks!

The wifi signal, not so strong depending on the moment of the day.

Definitely, it exceeded my expectations. The staff were polite and eager to help. A pleasant staying.

the hotel location is fine and fits with my expectation and...
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel location is fine and fits with my expectation and the description on the booking.com. The staff is very helpful for how to reach the sightseeings since my mobile was stolen in Spain. I recommend this hotel and I will choose here again if I come Barcelona.

one of the best few hotels in Barcelona; especially the staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet speed and connection at my room was slow. At sometimes, there was no internet connection but this was not major issue.

Location and the level of service provided by all staff. They were exceptional.

Dante Nice Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi...slow, not a large selection of international channels on tv

Everything was great: the room, the bathroom with a huge bathtub, the bed, the breakfast, the location, the dinner has decent prices 😊

Good stay
    • Double or Twin Room

coming from metro station to hotel with luggage is tedious.. but its nothing wrong about hotel.. just the looooooong metro station of barcelona..

location ,staff , comfortable beds , clean rooms. Location was central.. one bus stop was just outside and others were round the corner.. good restaurants nearby..

Comfy beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very hot room,no aircon as all turned off in winter.Better when I turned off 2 radiators but too noisy on roadside to leave window open all night-catch 22. Request a nice pillow.No english speaking programmes on tv-like all spain-considering most clientele speak english. Oh,the 4th floor under reno-dont stay on 3rd.

Comfy beds.Tea making facilities. Atmosphere.Bright clean rooms.Excellent price for great location.Great coffe at Sandwichez next door.

Brilliant. Excellent service from your staff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

What a lovely place to stay. We from South Africa and we are already thinking of visiting Spain again and will definitely stay with you again. Very very helpful, friendly staff.

Best location, best hotel

Breakfast was very good and the staff were exceptional. I had a problem with the room that I was originally given and the staff made sure I was given another room that had an outside window.

Great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice and modern hotel with excellent facilities. Very helpful and courteous staff. Easy reach for walking to the center of Barcelona or taking public transport. Good garage on site.

Perfect location and nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is ok, but could be better choice. Even in small not even 4* hotels in Europe choice was bigger, but for 3-4 days stay it also was ok. Wi-Fi was good at the first day, but later on was not good connection at all. Hotel staff reloaded the router, but it did not help a lot. No Russian channels (also not a big deal, but still) No free water in the room, but the shop is just nearby in 5 meters.

Our first room was with window into the internal small yard with not a lot of sun, but very spacious and comfy, fresh and stylish furniture, but we decided that we want to have bigger window with more sunlight and we changed the room easily. Second room was in classic Best Western style (room 506) - classic European carpets, wooden and "marble-like" furniture. Not so freshly stylish like the first room, but with perfect view to the street and lots of sun. It was a bit noisy, because of the street, but it was totally ok for us. Good bathroom, comfy bed, bathrobes and all the needed staff in the bathroom was from the beginning which is good, no need to spend time calling to the reception and wait. Perfect location. Suburbs is just perfect. Metro line - 2 different lines in 5 minutes walk. Direct line to Camp Nou for football fans :)

Worst check-in ever!
    • Double or Twin Room

Check in. Was told to come back in one hour since the room is not ready even the check in policy is after 13h and I came at 14. Smart tv in the room is not connected to their network, actually all the functioins are blocked.

Comfy bed, maid services.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked most of the desk staff, Tomas in particular. The breakfast was great and Melania was a sweet server. I wanted to bring my bed home. The room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. Fourth time there.

Lovely hotel with good position in Eixample. Good walking access to everything we wanted.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Like quite a few hotels, the lift was small (two people with bags and it's full).

We had a nice big room which accommodated the three of us easily. There was even a little balcony where we could hang laundry. Breakfast was quite good and not busy. Staff very helpful (especially Tomas on Reception when we arrived) and pointed out free water and apples in lobby. WiFi wasn't working well for us in our room, but we didn't raise it with staff until leaving, so that was on us. We would happily stay there again. Close to a lavanderia and the Out of China restaurant, which was great.

Quiet area and most interesting tourist objects are within a...
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi in the room on 7th floor was not very good. It worked, however, perfectly in the lobby

Quiet area and most interesting tourist objects are within a walking distance of 1 to 4 km.

Amazing service - Staff looked after me very well and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing service - Staff looked after me very well and escorted me around the town at night time for my safety, even helped me sort out phone / sim card / internet. Great breakfast provided aslo! <3

The hotel has a great location, bus stop right outside the...

wifi

The hotel has a great location, bus stop right outside the hotel that gets you to the train station, so not a problem even with large bags. The staff are warm, friendly and helpful, however the only drawback is the wifi. The wifi only connects in the lobby and gets disconnected the moment youre back in the rooms. Fortunately I had a local sim card with data, else I would not have been able to do any planning or browse the net once in the room. I informed the staff and they said it was a problem faced by most iphone users. Recommend they rectify this

Perfect accommodation under stressful situation. Cannot thank them enough.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were excellent. I had to book accommodation as my husband had a sudden heart attack and I needed somewhere close to the hospital. The staff were excellent in helping with getting me there and offering help in anyway as I had to extend my stay. Very hard when I can't speak Spanish. Congratulations

A great place to see Barcelona from.

Nothing, loved it!

Staff were very helpful and kind. The beds were comfortable and although overlooking a city road the room was quiet. Access to the metro, bars and shops was great too.

Relaxing stay in a great part of Barcelona.

Hard to think of anything - except maybe more teabags/milk in room!?

The rooms were excellent - very comfortable and well laid out. Also the hotel had a very relaxing atmosphere - a great place to return to after a day's sightseeing. The area itself is very elegant, being a short walk from the Passeig de Gracia. We also really enjoyed the breakfast choice and the breakfast room itself. The lounge area was a nice feature, with drinks and food available if required. Prices did not seem excessive.

Irresponsible management makes customers feel very very bad!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Irresponsible management team. On the first night of my staying, there was water dropping from the ceiling the whole night. The receptionist told me there was nothing they could help, because there were no staff to fix it, no manager to solve the problem, no other room available. Although I explained the noise from the water dripping were too loud and we couldn't sleep well, the receptionist just said that he would report to the manger who would be there the next day at 9:00am, and see what the hotel would do to compensate us. However, the next day they said the manager was not there and told me they would give me an answer before I check out. Until I checked out, the staff pretended nothing happen, and I asked them did the manger know about my complaint, the staff said the manager is on holiday until next week. What I feel is that the staff there were liar, the mangement is irresponsible to deal with customers' complaint, it seems making customer without a good sleep the whole night was not their responsibility, due to water dropping from the ceiling. I wouldn't recommend that hotel!!!!

Excellent value for this clean and well maintained hotel.

Everything was great!

The hotel was very clean and the staff went out their way to help. Breakfast was excellent and I would use again and recommend this hotel. Thank you

Hard beds and pillows.Good quiet location
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Hard beds Hard pillows which is unusual for best western premier except las vegas Drilling and hammering in flat next door for 3 days starting at 9am

Cleanliness Air con perfect Location ok Supermarket closeby

Upsetting
    • Double or Twin Room

Building. View from the window: a patio covered with no fresh air. Very claustrophobic. Dark corridors and room. Had to have lights on at any time

No croissant at all. Por breakfast assortment

Excellence in downtown Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

We liked the quieter location. It's not smack in the centre of the busy sections, but walking distance. The breakfast was amazing and staff all helpful. Rooms were quite clean and spacious. There were lots of places to eat within a short walk and the subway/train station was not far.

Internet connection has been completely not sufficient to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet connection has been completely not sufficient to provide the possibility to work out the daily businness job. A nice hotel, with a good staff but for two days I have been cut off from my mail contacts. An Hotel absolutely to avoid for bussinness journeys.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Barcelona made great by good accommodation...Fabulous City!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel location was great for walking about. Staff are fabulous, friendly & so helpful! Room was designed for 3 people, so was very roomy for the 2 of us.Good Value & I would recommend it to friends!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A very happy stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very convenient location within walking distance of many interesting sights. Excellent breakfasts and very good dining in the lobby bar. Very good service from all staff.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The property was centrally located near all the major sites...
    • Double or Twin Room

The property was centrally located near all the major sites and restaurants. The staff was extremely helpful, spoke excellent English and knowledgeable. We enjoyed staying there.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

fab weekend will be returning
    • Double or Twin Room

there wasn't anything we didn't like

the hotel was lovely the staff very helpful the only problem was there is no station as advertised so it was difficult to locate it we found by chance

Perfect place to stay just a 15 minute walk from the centre of Barcelona

Friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel, spotless clean, great breakfast that seemed endless, good size rooms with comfy beds in a great location, not too far away from The Ramblas but quiet enough to be just away from the busy streets. Some great restaurants and bars really close by. Lovely walk into the centre of town too. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Illogical price for noisy tiny room

The room is so noisy, at the exit of lifts !!!!! The value for money is not logical , only Bed in small box with wifi for price of 5 stars hotel !!

Clean room

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The room was comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't feel like we had good directions to the hotel.

The room was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and recommending and booking tours.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Some good aspects but I would not return to the same hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Room was quite noisy especially Monday am- I paid for a triple room but toiletries were only provided for two and sometimes I even had to ask for those. Also only two cups and milk portions were left daily. I arrived by taxi from the airport and paid approx 24 euros- on leaving staff asked if I wanted a taxi - I said I would pick one up from the corner outside-staff said they could call one for me - I asked if it would be the same price and they said yes. The driver started with 3 + euros on his meter rather than the 2.10 which is standard and when we reached the airport he added 9 euros onto the meter price- this was an unpleasant ending- I had used other taxis during our stay and this was the only unpleasant experience

Location was reasonably convenient- water was provided in the foyer for use of guests . We discovered a handy supermarket very close by.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great place where to stay at a good price
    • Double or Twin Room

Being picky I could say that there was not much natural light reaching the room and the hotel was 15 minutes walking from the very center of Barcelona

The room was nice, spacious, confortabile and well equipped. The staff was always really kind and helpful. I would say above Best Western's standards

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

comfy beds and pillows, attentive and helpful staff, special...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

breakfast was quite simple & expensive; washing amenities (shampoo, shower gel) only for one person

comfy beds and pillows, attentive and helpful staff, special thanks for the anniversary present - it was a lovely surprise!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Helpful staff nothing too much trouble
    • Double or Twin Room

Booked in July but the room allocated was very noisy as it was at the front. I asked to change which the staff would have accommodated but couldn't offer a double bed so we remained in the room for our stay. Very disappointed as this was booked a long time ago for my husbands 60th

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Comfortable, clean and functional

Soundproofing - I could clearly hear the person next door. I felt a bit rushed by the receptionists when I had questions regarding the surrounding area or nearby transport. It would be nice to post a map for visitors or have one handy (other than the hop on and hop off bus map, which is terrible) for example to show how to get to the nearest metro station for example without being rushed.

Very clean. There was everything in the room, including slippers and a bath robe. The bed was very comfortable and the room and facilities were functional. Room temperature was good at all times and could be regulated.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Average value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Altough double glazing, rather noisy (street) and only one free outlet (at the writing-desktop).

Maintenance of rooms is excellent and we liked the private parking for our car and bikes and the spatious bathroom.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Quite good location but simple standard

The standard of the room and hotel was very casual and quite simple. I had a single room with no view, and I felt a bit claustrophobic.

Walking distance to La Rambla and Passeig de Gracia. Good value for the money, and very nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

A nice small hotel in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

New arrivals in the morning had to wait in the small lobby that was very small with few seats until 2 pm to get to their rooms.

We came believing that it served no food, but there was breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast especially was just great.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

To avoid.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rudest hotel staff I've ever seen. If we were not exhausted by the flight and it being 10pm, we would've fled this hotel and looked for an other one. To avoid.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The room was very comfy and the air conditioning very...
    • Double or Twin Room

Can't find fault with anything really. Perhaps the breakfast was a bit pricey but there was an offer on we just chose not to take it. Went round the corner for a croissant and a coffee instead.

The room was very comfy and the air conditioning very effective as it was hot. Staff could not have been more helpful. We had a great stay.

Socks

For what I paid very small room inside with no natural light or view..1st night out till 3 am. Got a nasty call from cranky old man at desk to turn down sound on TV. Kept neighbours up all night.it was regular sound and not on all night. It shuts off when out so should have called at 3 am Most discusting front desk except for lady on at day. The TV only had one sound and don't scream at clients due to fact you have a miserable night job and walls are paper thin I do not party in room so they were rude I would not look at the front desk for the 9 days and night staff miserable and Turn off customers Will never book best Western again and I travel a lot Worst service for the clerk being miserable and rude Tom

Veronica made our stay just by her good nature and very...

Veronica made our stay just by her good nature and very pleasant during our breakfast every morning. Its the staff that make you forget about minor dis-likes. Thank You Veronica

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Beautiful Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing ,lovely hotel in great location would def recommend to friends to stay here

clean and lovely hotel ,nice to have toiletries in bathroom and tea and coffee facilities also in our room and water and fruit in front lobby .

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Great first stay -- top hotel & staff

Friendly, helpful & efficient staff, perfect location, beautifully appointed, comfortable hotel & very accommodating -a great introduction to our first stay in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

All in all it was fine.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The WiFi was quite a ddisaster. The signal either did not come or was very slow, especially in the evenings when more people came back to their rooms. We had to go to the lobby downstairs to use it where it was better. The hotel unfortunately was not a help in removing this issue. Told us that it was because the hotel was fully occupied and thus the WiFi was slow.

The hotel was very well located. The staff was good and attentive. The room was comfortable. The breakfast was good with a good spread. Overall, a good hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Although the breakfast was extra, it was convenient, quite...
    • Family Room

If this hotel was just a bit closer to Las Ramblas it would have been perfect.

Although the breakfast was extra, it was convenient, quite good and well worth it. There was a good variety of hot and cold food along with fresh fruit. We took advantage of this to stock up and get a good start to our day filled with a lot of walking and site seeing. Also, the WiFi in our room on the 4th floor worked great!

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Nice Hotel in Nice Location

Wifi was useless. Shower door didn't close properly, so it leaked.

The room was very nice and comfortable. Well equipped with plenty of space. Location is good with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great location, friendly staff, some improvements needed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Windows onto the front street were not sufficiently insulated so early morning traffic noise was quite intrusive. Air conditioning was not sufficient to manage the 30+ degrees and there was no thermostat control in the room to change it.

Clean, comfortable rooms with good facilities. Breakfast was good if a little restricted in choice. Great location - just a short stroll to Las Ramblas. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Very good deal for a stylish hotel

It is a bit far to walk from the core areas of sightseeing/shopping but metro and bus stations nearby.

It is truly great value for money: the rooms are comfortable and stylish (even single rooms). I was surprised to get the fantastic deal on booking and wasn't sure what to expect. It was a good surprise. They have thought of smaller details to make guests comfortable. The staff was also helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

everything excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

we didn't like some of the guests praying on the floor without shoes in the lobby

Good wifi, excellent breakfast, very good reception very polite ,rooms

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very good
    • Double or Twin Room

Inefficient aircon 15EUR extra for breakfast One staff member checked people in whilst a queue formed and two other staff were on duty at the front desk standing around but not assisting

Great location Comfortable modern clean spacious rooms Staff help with early morning taxi arrangements Very good advice about traveller safety in Barcelona provided

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

More time needed in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Charging the same rate for breakfast when the children were only 4 and 6. We eat in a local coffee bar

The staff went the extra mile to help with planning a journey by public transport

A very friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A very friendly staff. A very good central location. We would strongly recommend this hotel for the other travelers.

EXCELLENT

Great lactation,very clean and nice people.

Nice hotel, too bad the wifi was not so good

- Bad Wifi - Breakfast could have been bigger

- Very good staff - Nice room - Clean place - Pretty good location - Breakfast ok, some variation

I liked the fact that it was in a great location

Bathroom door got stuck a few times cause the lock was solid, so I stopped locking the door lol.

I liked the fact that it was in a great location

Excellent staff

Nothing as such

Location and staff

Great location, Breakfast was very good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, Breakfast was very good. Comfortable room, bed and bath.

Excellent staff, very polite and helpful

A bit far from the metro station

Excellent staff, very polite and helpful

ZERO

The Hotel is a well run facility bed and linen changed daily . Breakfast was what was required

Browse Best Western Premier Hotel Dante traveller photo gallery