Reviews of Caledonian 3 stars

Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 574, Eixample, 08011 Barcelona, Spain

#287 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

A perfect summer break.. almost didn't want to leave the room!
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

More space in the fridge, maybe, so I could have kept more stuff cool. (I'm looking for things to complain about...)

THE VIEW!!! The balcony. It was perfect. The only downside is I wish I'd booked for longer. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was good. The (huge) bed was comfortable. The location is also perfect - easy for getting around Eixample neighbourhood, or for walking/cycling towards the old town and beaches. It's also great for the airbus and local transport.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I only liked the location, which is pretty close to Plaza de...

I didn't liked the smell from the bathroom and the fact that the housekeepers made a lot of noise at 9 in the morning in front of my room

I only liked the location, which is pretty close to Plaza de universitad

Compact and basic

The single room was the size of a shoebox ....extremely small ....for the same price I got a room double the size the next day. Plus who charges money for the room safe !!!

Receptionist was friendly and helpful

A very worthwhile place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

We arrived in Barcelona at the hotel at about 9.00 am but couldn't get access to our room until just after 2.00 pm. Whilst the check-in time is advertised as 2.00 pm, there didn't appear to be any effort made to expedite our check-in. However they were happy to store our luggage in a secure location.

The breakfast was excellent, and the location was superb. The hotel is kept neat, clean and tidy, and was ideal for our purposes.

Best stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

I love this place. It is in a great location and the room is always very clean and comfortable, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is very clean. I always feel great when I stay there. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. I have been staying in a lot of hotels in Barcelona and this is by far the best for the price.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

quite disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The hotel is okay but not very clean overall, the bathroom was quite smelly. Not my best experience in Barcelona over the years.

Location is quite central.

in summary - I will give 3.5 from 5
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

a little bit slowly working style at the reception. In particular, when You came back and there is a client staying there, then it could take minutes to take the key to enter the room. But imagine you are back from a walk and need to go toilet. Couple of time I had to interrupt the reception guy to request the key

It was closer to the places where I should visit. In my opinion the cost per night and the stars of the hotel are not equivalent. I will say that the hotel is just 2 star hotel should be.

My room was big, nicely decorated with full length mirrors...
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

I could feel bed springs all during first night. I asked for an extra blanket, slept over blanket and bed sheet for next 7 nights. Problem was solved this way. When I arrived, outside temperature was >30. I asked for an extra key card so I could leave AC on 24/7. As a result, I had a cool bedroom until 5 days later when outside temperature dropped to +25. Surprisingly, room became humid and was not cool any more. I think hotel reduced power of central AC when outside temperature fell.

My room was big, nicely decorated with full length mirrors as closet doors. Staff were trying to be helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very nice.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Very nice hotel in the center of city. 10 minutes and you are on the main square of Barcelona. Room is small, but very cozy. Bathroom is big. Nice breakfast. Veri nice view. Close to metro and stop of Airbus. I can recommend this hotel.

Location was within walking distance for la Rambla 3mins.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Parking a pain but it’s a city so shouldn’t complain.

Location was within walking distance for la Rambla 3mins. Close to other famous attractions. Got a balcony view also 👌

The location is good, easy to go everywhere.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

We arrived afternoon at early August, reception gave us the room 609 on the top floor and told us that room is new with great street view, also quiet because it's in the top floor. He mention the AC working slow so we need to wait until it's cold. When we go into the room, the AC is on already by the house keeper but it's super warm in the room, the terrace is burning and have nothing to provide some shadow. I felt the reception say the room is new just because it's an extension building on the roof... the room is small and we can hear the AC?? machine running on the top of us. AC seems not working but we believe reception said it need to wait until it turn cold... we are very tired so we stay in the room try to relax but it's impossible in this situation. So after 2 hours we decide to ask them change the room. The reception told us the AC just working really slow so we need to give it more time, he suggest us go out for dinner, leave the AC on and promise if when we come back the AC still not cold he will change the room for us. We are angry because I don't understand any AC need more than 2 hours to cold, that AC must be broken!! We going out for dinner and when we came back to the hotel, yes the room is still super warm! Wait 6 hours for AC to turn cold? There must be something wrong in AC and the hotel should not test by their guest! Reception finally change the room for us to 212, it's bit noisy because close to the street but the room is much bigger and the AC working normally. If you need to choose this hotel in the summer, don't take any top floor room, we met other people try to change the room just like us!

The location is good, easy to go everywhere.

Good location but old and some staff are very grumpy
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

A/C has to be run full time to be felt, and don’t ever think about opening the window or it’s another 6hrs before you’re cool. Staff upon check in were rude and grumpy, but at end of stay were much friendlier. Also - bizarre approach to not letting you choose a double or twin room at time of booking (or until you check in) as they “do it on a first come first served basis”. Really annoyed me finding that out and then not being able to cancel, luckily our train got us there 10mins after check in so it wasn’t a problem. Not a nice hotel by any means, but not a bad one either.

Location, front desk open 24/7

The rooms are a bit old fashioned and looks dark due to the...
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The rooms are a bit old fashioned and looks dark due to the colours. There is no ironing facility. There should be one iron for common use of guests at reception at least, i believe.

Good value,central hotel.

There was a little noise from the street because of its central location. The cooked part of breakfast was swimming in grease which was a shame as the rest of the selection was of a good standard.

The room was basic but very clean and up together. The hotel itself was very centrally located and made getting to attractions easy. There was a great selection of food at breakfast such as fruit, yoghurt, pastries etc.

Ok for a short stay and welcomed the balcony and friendly staff

The shower that leaked into the rest of the bathroom and the small size of the single room. Felt claustrophobic a little.

The welcome on arrival. Got there Early and they took my bag and kept it until after 2.00

The rooms are clean and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Rooms placed in the upper levels get too warm as the air conditioning is not on. I think it is a bit overpriced.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is very good in the city center.

4.5
    All included in previous comments
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Not a nice hotel at all. The decor is dreary and There are lots of better hotels for the money. It has no ambiance, tiny rooms and no amenities at all. The pillows were flat and uncomfortable. There were 4 small bottles of what appeared to be bath gel, but no shampoo, conditioner or body lotion. The shower was dangerously deep and difficult to maneuver in and out. There was a hideously loud fan blowing with the light on in the bath. If you’re short, you might not be able to dry your hair or put your makeup on because the mirror is mounted so high on the wall. The room was hot and the air conditioning only works with the road m key.

Casual hotel

- Room was overpriced (like most of the hotels in Barcelona) - The key from the safe was missing

- Great Location, a few blocks from the Ramblas - Staff was friendly and helpful - Room was as expected, casual - Room had AC

The hotel only used my card as a pre authorization and then...

The hotel only used my card as a pre authorization and then the couldn't use the same card for payment. This was an issue as we had used a company card to initially book

I definitely recommend it, and I would love to stay there...

Nothing at all!!!

I definitely recommend it, and I would love to stay there again in my next visit to Barcelona!! - Amazing, helpful and very polite staff. - SPOTLESSLY CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!! - Strategical location, in the centre of Barcelona. Everything in walking distance (or by bike). Only for Park Guell and Camp Nou, you would need a metro/car/taxi. - Really cheap parking, regarding the location.

Pleasant staff and immaculate room
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Very central position and only 3 mins walk from the airport bus, about 10 mins for the return bus. Number of handy cafe/restaurants for breakfast, lunch.etc.

• Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Breakfast room was being refurbished so no breakfast although cafes nearby were lovely. No tea or coffee making facilities.

Staff were very friendly, location was fantastic and the room was very clean and quiet.

Be warned!
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

But, this stated above doesn't matter at all when you are awaken at 7 am by the sound of pneumatic drills that operate in the near vicinity or maybe actually in the same hotel. This construction work usually lasts all day, until 6 pm. I wanted to leave the hotel the following morning, but was offered a replacement room on the other (street) side of the building, which was a bit better. I actually wanted to leave the property, but after I contacted booking.com, they informed me that I couldn't get a refund even in such extenuating circumstances, because the rate chosen was non-refundable. There is of course no information about this on their site and the other reviewers didn't mention it much. I travel and book properties a lot (therefore the booking genius status) but have never before been in this kind of situation. If the management of that place would be honest, they wouldn't even sell the half of the properties' rooms before this construction work was over, whenever that may be.. PS I do not usually write reviews, but I thought this should be helpful to others who are considering to book this hotel.

Yes, as the other reviewers have confirmed this is a hotel with an excellent location and a very decent facilities.

Location great, clean, but dont expect any extras
    • Double Room with Terrace

Air conditioning in room 609 hardly cooled, not a good room for warm weather Bar in lobby just for show! Room amenities lacking, soaps and shampoos TINY No coffee/ tea maker in room Restaurant being renovated, using next door hotel but can only get expensive buffet!?!? Terrible

Location. Updated property Clean. Curteous helpful front desk people cafes for breakfast close by but open after 8:30 am

Faulty air conditioning and no breakfast available at the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

My room had faulty air conditioning. The staff informed me that all the rooms were the same. My room was about 30C in spite of the air con being on maximum all day and night. I was unable to sleep. I opened the terrace doors but this was very noisy and had little effect on the room temperature. I asked to change rooms but the hotel staff said all the rooms are the same. I asked for a fan but they said they didn’t have one. The hotel told me that the first floor is being renovated so there is no breakfast at the hotel. You have to go to the hotel next door. Why was I not told this at the booking? In the end I asked to leave the hotel early (I was staying for 2 nights but I had to leave the morning after my first night as I was unable to sleep). The hotel refunded me my 2nd night but I was disappointed with the issues with my room being too hot and not being told about the lack of breakfast at the hotel. I contacted the hotel reception during the evening, at 11pm and at 4am to complain about the room temperature. I think I should have been refunded for the first night and not just the 2nd night because I had to leave early (I left at 10am so they are likely to have rebooked the room). I think the hotel should have informed booking.com about the breakfast issue and refunded me for the night when I was unable to sleep. I had to book another hotel at considerable expense.

Location excellent. Staff friendly but the issues with the hotel were not about the staff. I have stayed at this hotel many times and the staff and rooms are usually very good for such a central location.

I lovel Almeria..

Cafe on lower level needs to be cheered up..

Big shout out to the excellent sr Miguel Romero..what a helpful man, good English which is very important in a central town high class hotel, he is a big asset..

Good overall stay

- Single bed was too small and extremely uncomfortable - Check-in is too late, made me wait until exactly 2pm

- Location, close to metro and a bus stop is right in front of the hotel; you can be on La Rambla under 5 minutes - Room and bathroom were comfortable and good sizes - Good wifi

splendid

Very friendly staff! Also the way the handeld the problem that i didnt fit in the shower. I'm 1.90, and the showerhead was probably aimed at 1.75 and not adjustable. While all other simulair rooms were booked, they upgraded me to the suite, which had a bathroom that was sexier than Brigitte bardot and Marilyn monroe making out togerther. So hats of to them! Location is A+ and very clean hotel

Great location, Good hotel, Clean, Quiet, Safe
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Didn't get a package I was expecting to be delivered to the hotel. Could be post-office fault.

Great location! Very clean and quiet, super close to Catalonia plaza where all the busses and trips start from. Many restaurants and stores around. Good hotel for the price. European style decent size room.

The room was clean and bed was comfy

The construction work below my room started hammering at 7am. It wasn’t very pleasant at all especially if you’re flight arrived past midnight because of delays.

The room was clean and bed was comfy

The bed was really small and the socket next to the bed kept making noise when it's plugged. And there was some construction going on somewhere in the build which was totally not good for the rest.

Okish could have been better
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

No good pillows WIfi very bad Mattress not good No tea and coffee in room No iron board or iron Did not mentioned refurbishment aspect going on

Main city centre

Excellent in all ways.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

I like everything about Barcelona. Architecture,people,restaurants. Good city to walk. No need for buses or Metro. Old Town is my favourite. Always something to see.

Feels like home.

Nothing much to say.

Perfectly located near las Ramblas, my wife and I stayed here for three nights, it was also our third visit. The hotel staff are excellent attentive, helpful and very professional.our room was immaculate and cleaned daily to a very high standard. Real casts are excellent with a wide voice of fresh produce. I would highly recommend this hotel

The staff is excellent, when we arrived we received useful...
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The staff is excellent, when we arrived we received useful tips for our stay: what to visit, which restaurants are good. The location of the hotel is simply perfect. Highly recommended.

Quite ok for the price
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Always cold and to salty scrambled eggs, cold bathroom, poor towels quality,no shower gel, poor Wi-Fi in the room but ok in the hall, some dampness smell on the floor and room

Location, cleanness, stuff, room size and furniture, coffee and dining room

Convenient
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The bedroom's sheet was a little old with some spot but it was cleaned. not view from the bedroom, but it was not relevant since we spent all day long outside.

Location was excellent, 8 minutes walking to Catalunya Square. The size of the bedroom is not bad and the breakfast was Ok per 13 euros per person. The furniture, and suppliers are a little old, however, the bedroom was cleaned.

very value for money
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Very good location, one block to Universitat metro station. walking distance to Pl Catalan. Staff are friendly, there is a carrefour just cross the street.

Overpriced hotel withhelpful staff and good location.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Noise and fumes coming in window. No fan in room--only heat. Very uncomfortable with little sleep. Breakfast less than great with eggs and bacon undercooked and cold.

The hotel has a good location to visit Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

I had required an anticipation of the check-in, that was confirmed from the hotel, but when I'm arrived to the hotel, they didn't give me this service.

The hotel has a good location to visit Barcelona. The breakfast is generous and good.

I reccomend it! Good value for price!
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

There was safe (locker) in the room, but for additional payment... Stair into the bathroom...

Very good location: center, near metro. Big room with big balcony. Comfortable bed. Strong wi-fi in all of hotel areas. Not small bath-tube. 24/7 minimarkets near hotel.

Great value of deal.

The bathroom sometimes is a bit smelly but not always.

Really great value of deal, decent hotel for staying, I feel very relaxing staying here after a long day from work. Their breakfast is great too. Will definitely stay again if i come back.

Clean and good location

the location was so close to metro.Price/performance rate was really good.I highly recommend to people travelling alone.The reception staff was always helpful.

The staff was great and helpful, location convenient, and hotel was nice, just noisy.

The blanket on the bed wasn’t warm enough and the walls are so thin you can hear every word the people next door are saying. I was woken up many times in the night and in the morning, because of the noise.

The room was clean and staff helpful.

The location is really convenient, and breakfast is tasty.

The pillows are very thin, but this is a matter of choice so maybe putting an extra pillow for those who need it would be convenient.

The location is really convenient, and breakfast is tasty. Also the staff is very friendly

Great choice in Barcelona

The location is excellent, few steps from the bus stop when you come from the airport, also close to the important places in the city. Excellent breakfast, lot of varieties. Professional and friendly staff. I was afraid of the small size of the single room before coming, but it was OK. Given the prices in Barcelona, I can say it's a very good value for money.

Nice hotel; however, worst matress ever resulting in zero sleep and messed up back.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Horrible bed mattresses! Do not stay here if you need to sleep. Felt how the springs were digging into my back, kept tossing and turning all night. I had to ask housekeeping for two extra comforters and pillows so I could put them between the mattress and my back. Couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time and really messed up my back for the rest of the trip. Great hotel in every other aspect; however, because of the lack of comfort will never stay there again and will never recommend this place.

Great breakfast, good location, nice staff, clean rooms

Great hotel with lots to offer locally. Close to metro service

Nothing, all was good

The room was spacious, clean and bed was very comfortable. Good shower. The room was located on the top floor offering an excellent view of the city

Nice but could be better with air con on.

The only negative aspect was the room temp was very hot, and it was bit uncomfortable to sleep even when the window was wide open. Also there was a lot of talking by other guest especially when they were using the bathroom.

I loved the location and warm welcome from the staff.

One of the bedt things is that ir is located in a walking...

That a single beded Roomi had it was claustrophobic. Also was next to a big empty space an t9u couldnt o0en Thai r countries since everyone who passes from the corridor could see you

One of the bedt things is that ir is located in a walking distance from the center.

clean, friendly, convenient location, good price.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Double room was very small and incredibly hot. Turned thermostat down to minimum (5c)and still hot. Luckily room on 6th floor & with my husband so felt safe to sleep with door to balcony open. Beds very hard but this is common in mainland Europe.

Location is excellent, staff were friendly, room was very clean.

Breakfast is okay, and the staff is friendly.

Single room size is so tiny that I cannot even open my 29" luggage completely; smaller than Tokyo and Hongkong's room size. over 200 Euro per night is definitely not worthy.

Breakfast is okay, and the staff is friendly.

The staff was very friendly,the room spacious and the beds...
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The staff was very friendly,the room spacious and the beds comfortables. The pillow were too thin for us but we were given an extra one. The location in central and near public transportation(metro and bus).

Good location for a merely 3 star hotel extremely overpriced
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The price. It is not fare that they charge almost 200 € for one night. Maximun acceptable would be 80 per night. I did not like the bathroom, nor the flooring, which make a lot of noise. Also the heating made a lot of noise and I had to switch it off. The facilities in the reception area were extremely poor more like a bed and breakfast.

The hotel was fine for a 3 star hotel. The bed was confy, the breakfast was very good. The staff was professional and kind.

budget hotel with good location
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Unlike other hotel I've stayed, Hotel Caledonian didn't provide coffee, tea bags or free mineral water in the room. So, there was no electric kettle for hot water. And, the power of the hair dryer was so weak that I couldn't completely dry my hair everyday.

The hotel employees were nice and treated people friendly. One of the employees helped us make several phone calls to retrieve the lost mobile phone in taxi. I also like the small balcony where I could step outside for cold and fresh air in the morning.

Friendly hotel in the heart of Barcelona

The girl at reception was one of the friendly person i have found in a hotel.The room was clean and nice.Located in the heart of Barcelona,few steps from universitat metro sation and 7 min from the aerobus stop.Gaudì houses and plaza Catalunya are very close and bar/restaurants as well.

Amazing stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

As we travelled in February, it was (in my opinion) a little bit cold in the room.

The location was great -near to the city center and touristic buses. The hotel and the room was very clean, the staff was nice and helpful and given the fact that we stayed at the 6th floor, we had a nice view over the city.

good location...friendly staffs and helpful

i think the position of my room not good enough there were no fresh air get inside my room

it’s good hotel specially in its location everything it’s near for you just few minutes to Place de Catalynua one more thing the staff are very friendly and helpful ..they give answers of all your questions and if they don’t have answers they tried to find good solutions

The hotel suited us perfectly as it was very clean and comfortable and really well located.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The drencher shower head! I have an intense loathing of them asI dont wash my hair every day.

The room- especially the huge balcony with great view. Pretty quiet given the convenience of the location

Really close to Catalonia square with good price for value

but the individual room was little narrow and not that comfortable

Location close the UB university and Catalonia square is great, with a great price for value. Staff is largely friendly.

Well-located decent hotel

Room was small and overlooking inner courtyard and was too hot for me (despite it being cold outside in Feb). Couldn't get the ch any lower.

Good location in central Barcelona. Clean, nice staff. Decent breakfast. Reasonable value

Everything was better than expected.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

I had a great stay at very short notice for an excellent price. I have stayed before and the breakfast was more than adequate. The staff are very friendly and the location excellent.

Hotel is definitely worth coming back to.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

We had an early morning flight from Zurich. Arrived at the hotel at around 10 a.m. but they could not give us early check-in as such had to wait until 2:00 p.m. The room was very orderly and the ammenities were available, however the pillows were a disgrace. Small and thin.

The Staff (Ms. Alba at Reception amongst others) were extremely helpful and friendly. The quality of the breakfast buffet was highly commendable. The room was spotlessly clean. The location was perfect for our needs.

Warm and comfy placr
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Nice rooms, welcoming staff and a great location for browsing the sights in and around the gothic quarters. Well connected to the underground and a short walk to the Aerobus stop.

Very pleasant experience overa. Would definitely use again and will recommend to friends and family!

Having to pay for a key to the safe.

The location was ideal, close to the metro and easy to find. The hotel and room was very clean. Friendly staff were very helpful with any questions I had in regards to restaurants to eat and best mode of transport to get to where I wanted to go.

Pricey but if you are into culture Gaudi attractions are not to be missed.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Only serving breakfast 7 am till 10 am with no facilities in the room for tea or coffee making ,having to rely on desk staff to boil a kettle for hot water recommend a kettle and sachets are provided as in many other properties

Location is very central walking distance to a lot of attractions and metro is only 5 minutes walk

Excellent hotel in great location, close to tourist attractions, friendly/helpful staff, spotless
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Pity you don’t open your bar..... we would have had a drink there.

Hotel in great location, near metro, friendly helpful staff, clean room and shower facilities. Decent breakfast available which we had. Great value all round.

The staff were extremely polite and helpful.

The air conditioner didn't seem to work at night which made it slightly difficult to sleep. Couldn't open the windows since there's a ton of noise from the Main Street.

The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The hotel room was very good as well...

This is a lovely friendly place to stay. If you're happy walking you can get most places from here

Breakfast too expensive. Needed more tourist brochures. Map they gave up of Barcelona was hopelessly small and unclear

Staff were wonderfully helpful. Lovely quiet room. Good bathroom. Good location. Good facilities for leaving luggage.

Need a bed and shower for the night? this is your place.

the single bed was definitely a single bed. i would have been happier if it were a comfortable bed regardless of the tiny size. Pillow could have been thicker. Room felt cold despite fiddling with the thermostat. I understand that the hotel might have central control but the central temperature they've understood to be "acceptable" is most definitely not.

the best reason is of course, the amazing day time receptionist (i failed to obtain her name). My early arrival meant i was sleepy, tired and demanding. said receptionist explained clearly why she couldn't let me have a room before the check in time (2pm). Now normally that would irritate the best of us, but it is policy and it was out of her hands. But she was bubbly, always greeting clients and was positive. A close second would be the amazing price to location ratio. It is near impossible to get such value for money if you're in barcelona for fun (i.e. not to rest and recuperate).

Good enough if you just want a bed to sleep!
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

The hotel didn’t have very basic facilities - like tooth paste, kettle, tea bags! Something you’d assume a 3 star hotel would have? The staff was not interested in doing any more than admin task of handing over keys and charging money!

Accessibility

Good location and value for money
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

Bed sheets were small and uncomfortable, there could have been more vegetables for breakfast.

Nice and friendly staff, very good location near city center and metro stops. Very easy to get from airport using bus shuttle. Breakfast was good, but not many meals to choose from.

Good hotel as long as your room is not on the first floor.

I stayed here for a week six months before this trip and found the hotel so unremarkable that I could scarcely recall any details. Not this time - I was given room 101 on the first floor. I don’t care if a room is small like this one but there was no soundproofing whatsoever. I could hear people in surrounding rooms as though they were in my room. But the worst part were the doors. Every time someone closed their door it created a booming sound like a small explosion echoing through the corridor. The worst experience. I slept three hours a night until I changed to a room on the 4th floor. Then no problems. Management could vastly improve the first floor by simply and cheaply adding sound proofing to close the huge gaps on the sides and bottoms of the doors on the first floor. Add some carpeting in the hall way. And having just on long thin pillow on the bed that I had to fold in half to sleep. I really don’t understand why these simple problems aren’t addressed particularly given the excellent location. Being able to sleep in a hotel is the most important thing. Also no English speaking tv channels.

Excellent location for me. The young man with beard working the day shift was exceptionally helpful. Helped me change to a better room which made a huge,difference in my one week stay. Breakfast was good enough. Good rate. Room on the 4th floor was clean and adequately comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Just as good second time around

Would like to see Churros on the breakfast menu.

Buffet breakfast with freshly prepared food. Nice well maintained rooms, some rooms have balconies ideal if your a smoker. Staff very helpful. 2nd time I've stopped at this little gem of a 3 star hotel which is within walking distance of main attractions of Barcelona.

They gave me a room with separate beds when i reserved a...
    • Double or Twin Room (1 or 2 adults)

They gave me a room with separate beds when i reserved a room with double bed , when i ask for double they told me you have to wait until tomorrow and check-out at 11 and wait until 2 pm !!

Browse Caledonian traveller photo gallery