Reviews of Campanile Málaga Airport 3 stars

Avenida de Velazquez, 212, Carretera de Cadiz, 29004 Málaga, Spain

#80 of 92 hotels in Málaga

There were no information on how and what one could do. The staff seemed preoccupied with what they were doing and had no time.

It's close to the airport like 300m

The Campanile is the equivalent of Travelodge in England, Good room friendly staff, close to Malaga Airport which is why I booked it as I had a late flight which was also delayed. Arrived at Malaga Airport at 1am and at the campanile at 2am. 24 hour front desk and checking in was very easy. Also the room did not need to be vacated till 12noon so could catch up on sleep. Although it is very close to the airport the taxi cost was 20 euros but it was a Sunday morning and a very early Sunday morning.

It was right next to the highway and very noisy, also In an industrial area which having to get cabs to everything. The walls between the rooms are so thin, we could hear the conversation of our kids in the next room

The hotel was close to the airport which made it convenient for a late night arrival . The staff was friendly and the rooms where clean. The property seemed newer.

The tea bags ,I’m English .so tea is very inportained ,I prefer pg tea bags ,strong English breakfast tea ,and a couple of biscuits would go down realy well ,

Friendly staff ,able to open the window ,and I could enjoy smokers room .

Traffic noise in the room. We are not used to city living.

The hotel is a short drive from the airport, I would say five minutes or less. The rooms were functional and clean and a good size for the type of hotel. Our room overlooked the Avenida Velasquez so we had a bit of traffic noise during the night. The staff were very helpful and polite.

The facilities were a little worn, but all in all, nothing to complain about

All very comfortable - the bed, the shower, the room itself. And it really is only a 5 minute drive to the airport!

I was offered the buffet meal and was not told that tapas would be extra. I had been travelling around Spain and felt that you were ripping me off as a tourist here. Also, I thought that being in such close proximity to the airport would reduce the taxi fare to the airport as there was no shuttle bus provided. I ended up paying E40 there and back for taxis due to the time of my flights. Very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of staying so close to the airport. Wouldn't stay again for those reasons.

Friendly, helpful reception staff. Free wifi.

I booked a room in this hotel for one reason: The inhouse restaurant! I had som work to do, and instead of spending time to find a restaurant I could stay in the hotel. But when I had finnished my pre payed check in the receptionist told med, that the restaurant was closed, but there was plenty others around. Well, there was a Burger King next to the hotel which quite isn't a replacement for a real restaurant, there was a little bar/restaurant a few hundred meters away, whiched closed on 15:00, there was also something that looked like a mall 500 meters away, and here I found a snack bar, two burger bars and two pizzarias. One of the burger bars and one pizzaria was closed, but I found a place to eat anyways. In the afternoon I was sitting in the bar in the hotel waiting to be served. There was a bigger group checking in, så I could understand I had to wait. But when the group had left the reception and the three receptionist just was standing talking private I was getteing a little surprised. I was trying to get their attention but without any luck. Not until a couple came. The male receptionist served them and passed me some times without asking med if I needed anything. I had to call him before he returned to the reception desk just opposite the bar. As I say, I have lived in many Campanile Hotels before and have always been totally happy. I booked this paticulary hotel for one simple reason: The restaurant. Why else should I have choosen a hotel in the middle of a dirty industrial zone? The "funny" thing is, that on my bed there was a pamphlet offering me an upgrade of my room which included breakfast and dinner! I would never recommand this hotel for anybody. You have to trust that you get what you are promised when it comes to hotels, and this place you can't!

The room was quite ok. No surprise as I have lived en a couple of Campanile Hotels before. The cleaning standard was good as well. Actually I got the impression, that everything that didn't involve the crew was good!

Quite far from Malaga airport - taxi fare was 20EURO for 10 minute journey at midnight. Then in the morning, taxi was 16EURO to get back to airport to hire our car. The hotel has Malaga Airport in its name so we assumed it was closer than it is. They could do with introducing a transfer service. The bathroom wasn't very clean, there were hairs in the sink and shower walls as well as mold around the shower.

Easy to check-in, helpful at front desk ordering taxi and answering questions. English was good. Bed was comfy enough for 1 night and room a decent size.

Difficult to find without navigation system, 3 minutes to the airport costs 17 EUR (local regulation)

Perfect functionality, very friendly and helpful staff

We arrived on a late flight and it was just a short taxi ride away for one night before our onward journey the next day. Breakfast was available which was good standard fayre

It was really noisy, from the car passing in the highway and people in the other rooms.

The staff was nice, it's really close to the airport and have a burger king right in the corner.

The room has not been cleaned properly- there was some mould in the shower. The shower was not very powerful and changed the temp itself. Only one coffee sachet and sugar provided in the room. The coffee brand was called Ship and was not very tasty. Only paper cups and plastic spoons provided. Taxi to the airport (about 4 min ride) cost €17, a rather ridiculous price.

In close vicinity to the airport and a small shopping centre. Not bad value for money yet could have been €10 less taking into consideration the facilities.

The location is soulless, stuck between some car garages and on the highway, I arrived at Malaga airport and though I might be able to walk, said only 1.5 km on my phones, but this isn't really possible, you need a taxi , its a hotel for people who want to sleep only and rent a car, no restaurants bars anything beside it.

The hotel is fine, the restaurant bar is sort of in reception area and not the most inviting, and hours and menu a little confusing.

No lock on bathroom toilet, was a twin room so bit strange not to have a lock. Staff didn't seem to be able to help in finding the Malaga main bus station the next day.

5 minute drive from the airport. Clean. Check in was quick. Comfortable bed. Vending machines working (if checking in late and hungry)

Nothing not to like.

A very nice clean Hotel with a simple but good little restaurant. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Good shower and really comfy bed. Had diner very late on arrival and enjoyed a lovely Salmon filet with veg and a large beer all for 9 euro's. Asked for a room which is at the quiet end away from the road and it was perfectly quiet.

Saturday night and the restaurant was closed.!!! You definatly need a sat nav to find the place. The location is terrible with open bins at the rear of the site and the stench of sewers was sickening even into the rooms.

Staff were friendly and the room clean

Given smoking room which I did not want managed to change it was told that I was lucky one was available. Be warned if you don't smoke make sure you ask for none smoking when booking. The place was a bit smelly!

One night stay for easy access to airport. Very good and reasonable price with good parking facilties.

The restaurant was closed at evening, so they suggested us to go the center nearby, it wasn't a good choice...

Larger room than expected, functionality, close to the airport

I am very happy with this place, aside from the good hotel, it’s staff is honest, I had left something very valueble in the room when I checked out, a day after I called and asked if I had left it there, cause I wasn’t sure where I lost it, and yes the cleaning lady found it! Really amazing, good hearted honest people!

Room stifling hot. rang reception and told that air conditioning is only turned on in May. Had to leave window open and there was noise all night. We had to change room as the first room had no duvet on the bed. Extraction Fan in bathroom did not work. We were glad to leave early the next morning. Hotel hard to find and seem to be in the middle of a bomb site. Rubbish everywhere.

Not Much to like.

Soulless. Has a restaurant but there didn't seem to be any good eating options nearby.

Very good location for airport. Plenty of parking on site and petrol station very nearby for those returning hire cars. Staff friendly. Good value for money.

The restaurant was closed so had to go out for a meal and as it is in an industrial area this meant having to catch a bus back into town . I had been driving a rental car but found the hotel difficult to find as it is tucked away from the road down a little side street behind a garage , I decided to drop the car back at the airport and get a taxi which cost 20 Euro's

Cleen and comfortable room

It was the Easter weekend and the dining room was not open. I had a tired 7-year old and did not want to go out again so we did not eat. I could not get the aircon or even the fan to work and the room was hot. I opened the window and there was a strong smell of sulphur and the noise from the motorway was very loud. There were used, empty water bottles left next to the bed. There was a used soap bar left on the bathroom sink and whilst the room looked clean enough, my head was telling me it had been used.

I didn’t like the fact that from my room to the reception you don’t have signs to guide you. I got lost many times , trying to find the reception and breakfast area . My room was 208☺️

The breakfast was Super tasty ! The staff was always smiling and available! The room was super clean with comfortable beds. The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful ! I had a great weekend on Pedregalejo Beach ! Gracias guys ! ☺️

There was road noise most of the night from the busy Malaga highway that runs past the hotel. We stayed in room 109. I would recommend a room on a higher floor for a quieter nights stay, if you are a more mature couple like us, or at all sensitive to noise. At weekends the cafe/restaurant isn’t open, and there is nowhere nearby to eat, so the only option is ready packed sandwiches, crisps, and prepackaged salad bowl from a fridge in reception. There was no plug in the hand basin despite a sign asking you to save water. My husband said this made shaving more difficult. We asked at reception, but it appears it is their policy not to have a plug in the wash basin.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is bright and clean. We have stayed here before and will use it again. The bathroom was spacious and plenty of light in the room. There is plenty of private parking right outside the hotel entrabpnce and you are within 10 minutes of the airport, which is great, if like us you are staying overnight before or after a flight. The food from the self service fridge was just ok.

Easy to find and easy to get to airport. Rooms, bed comfortable though not luxurious. Adequate for overnight stay preflight or post flight. Quiet even though room was opposite elevator.

1. We were 4 persons travelling for business and had booked 2 double rooms. I e-mailed the hotel ahead to request both rooms with 2 single beds. Hotel reception gave us instead 2 rooms, both with 1 single bed (1 blanket also). The other person from reception offered us new rooms when I made the claim. Very disturbing - the gentlemen could see that we were not a family or married couple! 2. The room was so small that it was impossible to open the suitcase and move around the room - for example to visit the toilet - had to jump over suitcases :) 3. the room smelled very bad - cleaning stuff, chlorine, bad air. very disturbing. When we opened the window then there was not fresh air but instead smell of animal dung/trash coming inside. 4. The air con did not work. There was not any fresh air, the room was too warm - made it very difficult to sleep. 5. The bathroom door was a joke - it was not a real door and did not close properly. 6. We asked from the reception to call as a taxi when leaving, and the taxi will charge you 20 euros for a 4 minute drive. Previously we took a 20 minute drive with taxti to the city centre from another hotel and it cost as 12 euros??????? Hotel thinks this is very ok :) So for this price you wont get the quality you expect. No breakfast included also. I would recommend Holiday in express malaga airport hotel - very good experience, offers early breakfast included from 4 in the morning, very polite and nice!

Only thing that was positive, that if one person in reception placed two colleagues to one single bed room, then the other person in the reception offered to fix the problem and changed the rooms. Hotel let us check in earlier, because we arrived to Malaga at 12 o'clock but hotel check in starts at 14.00.

We landed after midnight in Malaga. We were planning to get a taxi but it was minimum €20+charge where we go. We decided to walk... I would say that as having a label "airport hotel" it does not have good acces to people who have no cars and just want to walk...

Very clean, big spacious room. Great bathroom. AMAZINGLY comfortable mattress, slept like a baby :) overall really nice experience.

Calking around the tub needed to be redone.

Location close to the airport, using the GPS to get to the property was a bit tricky, the entrance to the property was not apparent given the industrial property surrounding it.

Because of the hour of my flight out it was necessary to hire a taxi to transport me to the airport. The high cost to travel the short distance to the airport was shocking. The meter jumped from 9+ euros to 18+ euros when we stopped at the door.

Room was very comfortable and clean. Bath was modern, clean and the water hot and perfect. I would recommend the hotel to any traveler.

Restaurant not open at weekends. As it is on an industrial estate, although there is a restaurant close by, this does not open on Sunday and due to location, unless you have a car you are a bit out of the way.

It is close to Malaga Airport and ideal for that purpose. It is on a main road and you need a car or take taxis. It's clean and sufficient for a short stay. There is a bar and restaurant - but be aware the restaurant is not open at weekends. You can however, still get bar snacks and buy from vending machines.

Location for the airport was good but there is absolutely nothing around the hotel.

Welcoming staff. Good quality airport hotel. Excellent evening meal. Comfortable spacious room.

I'd read that the windows couldn't be opened to allow in fresh air, so I checked, our window opened without difficulty but we had to close it because of the stink from the local unofficial rubbish dump just behind the campanile. This was late Feb, so it will get much worse as the weather warms up. Restaurant is closed at the weekend, so the only option was a Burger King about 200 m away. We stayed to be near the airport, but I wouldn't stay again, it's very easy to get to and from Malaga by the local buses (3 euros each way per person, pay on the bus).

The staff were pleasant enough.

I pre paid 18€ for 2 breakfast, but because I asked for a machine decaf coffee I had to pay for it extra. Coffee is part of your breakfast regardless if it’s machine or a sachet, found it absolutely ridiculous, I complained at the desk but not interested.

Room was very basic, but did have a kettle with tea and coffee supplied. Unfortunately no decaffinated coffee! Priced just tight for a transit hotel.

Location is wonderful for getting to the airport... 5 minutes away. Directions could have been better. This hotel sits on a lower road parallel to the main artery road and is difficult to get onto if you don’t know the layout! We found it at the third fraught attempt!

View was out to the car garage and road, but we weren’t there for the view. Didn’t hear any noise from the road.

One night stop over before flying home. Great value for money. Bed comfy, lovely warm shower and clean. What else can you ask for such great value.

Industrial area is acceptable but clearance of litter around the immediate area would be an improvement

Proximity to aeropuerto was reason to book. Rate competitive, Bus route to city ameniable, Mall for shopping if required next door.

Road signs to airport.

Very nice restaurant with tasty dishes, spotlessly clean, everything we needed on a reasonable budget/comfort level. Receptionist very helpful

We spend one night at the hotel to catch an early morning flight, but unfortunately we could not get any sleep. The A/C was not working, or should I say the heating was stuck on its highest level? It was incredibly hot in the bedroom and really uncomfortable. Opening the window wasn't really an option either because of traffic noise coming from the motorway.

The staff was friendly.

Very little staff. Although she was super friendly she was doing reception, bar and restaurant. Perhaps they could invest in someone to help her.

Very clean and spacious. Near airport

Nothing to really dislike.....basic hotel

Close to airport - fine for an overnight stay. Bed comfy and quiet room. Evening meal basic but good value....buffet starter or deserts. Reception staff friendly and helpful.

Would like more tea and coffee in the room

No complaints about the hotel we had to check out early as we had an early flight but it wasn't a problem as the desk is open 24 hours

Far from city center, we waited half an hour for public transport which is 25 minutes bus ride.

It is close to the airport, free parking makes it a good option if you have a car and early flight.

Outside the hotel there is a funny sewer like smell, nothing to do with the hotel though!

The staff were very friendly and the place was clean and comfortable, not far from the airport. There is a burger king Just outside the place. Good bus route which is convinient! Would stay here again

Awkwardly located due to road layouts. Bus, car or taxi needed.

Next to a busy road and a short distance from Malaga airport yet quiet. Good bar and restaurant.

service at the reception and bar

to noisy - bad acoustic isolation for windows - street noice all night long (cars) batromm not very claen (used ...)

Only allowed 1 extra pillow meaning only one of us was comfortable. Smell of sewer from drain. Very noisy doors. Food available very basic. No safe in Room.

Location handy and staff friendly. Bed comfortable and great to have a bath.

The bus stop was very close and convenient to the hotel. We can recommend this hotel. The beds were comfortable. The rooms r very practical and functional rather than beautiful

We absolutely loved the evening meal at the hotel and can thoroughly recommend it. For 10 euros we had a 2 course meal: the starter was a buffet and u could help yourself to more if u wished. The standard of the food was delicious.

Couldn't use WIFI. Receptionist tried to help but said he wasn't used to loading the required password on a kindle. Very problematic not having access to my Messenger application. The second problem was that the electricity supply went off several times during the evening. According to reception, electricity supply had been a problem all day. Only one lift seemed to be working, possibky because of power cuts? Finally,just one little thing..in-room refreshments a let down. No i coffee, just 2 teabags and 2 small containers of milk. It would be nice to have access to tea and coffee and not just 2 packets!! No biscuits either- so not great for a room costing almost 100 euros a night plus 10 euros for breakfast.

A very clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff

The property is rather shabby as is the surrounding area.The bath tap was practically hanging off the wall & the shower control sprayed water out of the wall.We arrived on a Sunday afternoon to be told that the restaurant was closed so being in the middle of an industrial park with no transport was not ideal. We had a choice of pizza or 2 sandwiches which they had left. One poor guy was running reception & the bar so service was extremely slow. A prostitute was being apprehended out side the hotel. The saving grace was the comfortable beds & the room had a bathtub. Would I recommend the hotel? Definitely not.

Cost of taxi for 5 mins to airport 18 euros Flight to London 37euros??? I have stayed at other airport hotels further away and cost was 13-15 euros ??? Who is profiting???

phone and air con not working bed hard

location near airport and they accepted me with no passport ( had been stolen) but air con and phone did not work but staf v helpful

Dinner at hotel was very poor. Starter was very good but main meal was not good. We could not eat it. Dessert was good. Breakfast was very poor except for cereal. Didn't see an egg Overall very poor value for money

Staff in hotel very helpful and pleasant

I chose this hotel because it was closer to the airport and I had a very early flight. It turned out not to be so convenient because the connection with the airport was not good for very early flights. I had to book a taxi (5 minutes away) but the taxi price is quite high considering how close the airport is.

I would have appreciated some reasonable food not just crisps, pizza, toasted sandwich etc. As the restaurant was closed on Sunday the choice ( as outlined) was very limited.

Unable to expand as I was ill during the night and had to cancel my flight and rebook following day. The staff were very helpful

We had to travel to and from the hotel by taxi, and there is a minimum charge for taxis from the airport: basically, our travel costs would have been the same if we'd stayed in the much nicer area of Torremolinos, which is what we'd recommend if you are traveling by public transport to the airport!

The room was very clean and well-furnished, with a kettle for hot drinks as well as tea and coffee. There was good water-pressure in the shower! The bed was terrific, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The proximity to the airport might be a plus for people traveling by car, as well as to the outlet center nearby.

Air conditioning did not work so opened window but got attacked by mosquitos in the night. There was a foul sewage smell entiring the room and lobby area at night. Lift broke down which was inconvenient as we were on the top floor. Restaurant did not open till 8pm which was far too late. Got up and left hotel early to go to the airport to get away from it. 20 euro for 5 minute taxi ride!

Reasonable facilities for an airport hotel. Bar, cafe and restaurant area looked nice. Staff were pleasant.

Sensor in the rooms switch off electricity impossible to charge phones over night and run out of battery. Walls are very thin so quite noisy. Was travelling at night no bus after 11pm and taxi less than 5min journey cost 20EURs total rip off.

Clean place to stay over night, breakfast was nice and helpful reception staff.

Very noisy (the walls are very thin,I woke up every time when someone closed a door), the water pressure in the bathroom is disaster,the dinner was disgusting. We booked with breakfast but it wasn't included (maybe our mistake but in my opinion it should be clear during the booking).

The rooms look nice and the location is good if you have early/late flight.

It certainly isn't an airport hotel compared to many others I've stayed in. Too far away from the terminal - Taxi fair from terminal to hotel was 20 euros

The reception could not have been more infriendly. They seemed totally amazed that we should ask for food and drink as they had none, since it was nearly midnight. Thus after a flight we were left on the middle of a concrete wasteland hungry and thirsty on day 1 of our holiday.

I asked for not smoking room, but when we entered the room it was defenitely smoking room. we thought that too bad but maybe we can make it, it is just one night. but then from pipe or air conditioning there was a horrible smell of cesspit, or WC. this was enough. in the reception they thought that maybe we are overreacting but finallly they changed us the room to non smoking and was OK. but first rook was TERRIBLE!

after they changed us the room to a real non smoking it was ok. just one night before early flight. too beds inside one bed - very non comfortable solution.

There were stains in the bathroom walls and toilet wasnt all so clean. Little dirt on the rooms floor. Please pay more attention to that. cigarette smell came into room via AC, that def should be fixed. Little noisy neighbours in the evening, i asked for the most quiet room so i can finish up my work projects. Otherwise pretty good place overall.

I loved the bar, i ordered a burger around 20.15. It was extremely delicious and quickly made! Awesome! Staff was very friendly and attentive. Taxi was ordered in advance, and it was there just in time. Perfect! Good shower pressure and water temperature.

It was not easy to get to the hotel from the airport. I had to take a taxi, I wouldn´t have found it otherwise. I usually walk to hotels that are presented as airport hotels but it was not possible in this case.

The staff is really friendly and nice. The room was fine and clean. The hotel is a good choice if you are travelling through and need to stay somewhere in the city.

The restaurant was just too noisy, from people talking and it wasn’t very many guests. It needs much more sound absorption. We didn’t like the double room with two beds, on wheels, when I tried to get close to my partner, the beds came apart and I feel to the floor. The breakfast for €5 was somewhat pricy as both coffee and juice was out of the machine, the only “work” the receptionist did was to put the croissants on a plate.

Decent food at decent price. We had the buffet supper, wasn’t any great culinary experience, but good enough. We ordered a early morning breakfast, coffee, juice and a croissant at 4.45 am. Good service, for €5.

Area could have have been more appealing but near to Shopping outlets.

Very clean and comfortable for the time we needed as flying early next morning. Helpful staff and near to airport.

Breakfast was quite basic for 9 euros. Nicer orange juice would have made a difference. Plenty of parking but we would never have found it without sat nav - have to drive off the dual carriageway through a service station forecourt and turn down a back street before you can see the hotel. Needs a bigger sign.

Close to the airport. Possible to walk to the beach, although a back-street route. 24h reception with helpful staff. Bar with snack menu. Tea and coffee making facilities in room. Comfortable bed. Air conditioning. Clean and comfortable but no frills - as reflected in the price. Retail park just behind with a very nice Italian restaurant - Ginos.

Getting to airport was a hassle. We booked the hotel because of its proximity, but it was very difficult and expensive to get to the airport that is 5 min away with a taxi. Hotel doesn't provide transport to the airport which is a huge minus. I would not recommend this as an airport hotel, very inconvenient and disappointing.

Room was clean and fit the purpose (one night stay)

I couldn't sleep for the mosquitos biting me all night.. was it cause I opened the window instead of A/C? IF SO, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN WARNED. PRICE WAS 139 EURO .. ON OTHER DAYS OR IF BOOKING EARLY. PRICE DROPS TO HALF, SO U FEEL RIPPED OFF

The location was ideal for us, an overnight stay before flying out the next day. Situated on an industrial estate but there are restaurants nearby. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant is not open at the weekends, but the bar is. There is a Burger King nearby, and an outlet park with cinema and some eateries.

Access to the hotel is difficult if you are driving, it is particularly hard to get access. The hotel can be seen from the main road, however access to the hotel is very awkward.

The staff were helpful and pleasant. This is a convenient hotel for Malaga Airport. Light meals are fine.

If you are staying at this hotel please read this. My complaint isnt so much with the hotel itself. It is what is it. Like a Travelodge in the UK. Serves a purpose. Staff were friendly. My complaint is with the title. Its close to fraud. How you can call this hotel "MALAGA AIRPORT" is actually laughable. On the map it seems close think it says 30mins walk. BUT there is no way to walk its all intersections and motorways. So a taxi actually costs you 20 euros each way for a one mile journey. Disgusting. The one back was 21 euros so on top of the 70 euros for room. It was 41 for taxis. So in turn it basically cost 111 euros which turned out to cost 3x all my amazing accomodation from my full trip for a 8hr stay for 6am flight. Taxi drivers both conmen. The hotel actually booked the second guy he should of arrived in a highwayman mask as it simply was a robbery. PLEASE BE VERY WARY WHEN BOOKING THIS HOTEL. Very misleading.

Very basic hotel which serves a purpose. The staff were friendly.

Well, don’t know where to start: - used, not furbished and old room - smell of cigaretes so we opened the window - from outside smell of cesspool - loud AC - expensive and poor breakfest ( we decided to do not eat) - no drinking water in 4 stars hotel - too expensive for low quality

Close to airport and helpful service

Noisy - next to mway, glazing not adequate to block out noise; noise of toilet flush & waste flow from other rooms; Restaurant didn't open til 8pm, no other eating place within close proximity; 21 euro taxi to airport when only 5 mins round corner

room cleanish - although towels had possibly been recycled?