Reviews of Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Resort 4 stars

#93 of 108 hotels in Puerto de la Cruz

5.6

Overall Cleanliness
    • Double or Twin Room

The Hotel is not actually Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Resort..there are 2 hotels operated by Blue Sea in the same location (Canarife , Bonanza) In 2018 it is not a 4 Start hotel

Overall Cleanliness

Just what we needed!

We asked for air conditioning in the room and were told they didn't have it in May. The pillows were not good, but we asked for some more and got them immediately.

The entertainment staff were amazing! Also, the Reception staff and cleaning staff were very good.

inexpensive
    • Double or Twin Room

lunch was horrible, dinner not much better. choices of alcohol for all inclusive were very limited. Very difficult long walk to get to the beach which I think should be noted on site.

inexpensive

Not too bad.

Lack of hygiene in the bathroom, specially the Bath tuve and basin. The bed was badly made.

Breakfast very good. Staff very attentive. Plenty food for all tastes.

It was bad because of the cleanliness and services of the bedrooms

The cleanliness of the rooms is very bad and the cleaning supervisor deliberately does not put soap and cleaning towels and I beg every day for the reception so they provide me with soap. I regretted that I lived in this hotel because of the cleaning of the rooms

yase

Excellent :-)

Free WIFI a bit complicated

The best location in Puerto de la Cruz - the staff is extremely friendly and you really feel at home - excellent and rich choice of dishes at all meals - real value for money.

All in all, I will not return to this hotel and I do not recommend others to visit

Very uncomfy beds, very outdated rooms. With all inclusive they charge you for bottle of water, internet, parking, towels etc. Food is always the same. So called SPA was a tiny sauna, a jacuzzi with cold water and turkish sauna which did not work. Alcohol in the bars is 25% or lower. Coffee and juices were of very low quality.

Room was spacious

Depressing hotel, depression room, no view, loud music at night keeping me awake, horrendous!
    • Double Room Individual Use

When we arrived after a long journey ( plane delayed) so missed our transport taxi. At reception after 14 hours of travelling the receptionist just wanted my payment in full. I was not showed my room so I did not know what I was paying for. Myself and my son requested we had never been asked to pay for the full holiday the minute we got there nut he was not interested!!! We were so exhausted we just paid as needed to rest. I have. Medical condition which was obvious to the receptionist but again he was not interested. When we got to our rooms they were completely differently to the web site. The bed was like Camp bed mattress, there were stains on the carpet and in general very poor state of repair. I feel completely let down by the service and hotel and would never stay there again or recommend to anyone who was thinking of going. The only upside was there were a few people on reception who were helpful and the cleaners were pleasant but did not change sheets during the week we stayed.

NOTHING !

Property was dirty cleaner didn’t clean the bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

Property was dirty cleaner didn’t clean the bathroom.Had ants in the bathroom and in bed.Wasno heating we got cold and kids had fever.bed was damaged.No had duvet only thin blanket.No kettle no coffee or tea.no internet in room.also no good connection at reception .

Not fit for a 4 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The quality of food was POOR, it was not fit for a 4 star hotel; the fruit was not fresh, they served a lot of pork, and other law quality meat. The waiter that covered the restaurant close to the pool was extremely rude. I would not recommend the place.

We will stay again as we live in Tenerife and we are now having lots of 3 night breaks.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cold, even when we ate at 7.30 We had a twin bedded room and my husbands bed was so noisy. It kept me awake. That was our only criticism of the hotel

The balcony had a great view.

On our last day there was a huge group of teenagers, a school group ,I believe. It was almost impossible to rest by the pool with all that noise and divings. The food was great, except the breakfast, there is not many variety. I think that if they add some of the cakes that they offer at the other meals it would be better.

The balcony had a great view. The location is good, not so many tourists as in the south. The staff was really kind and also the food isn't bad for a buffet.

Is it a 4 stars hotel? I don't think so...
    • Double or Twin Room

You have to pay extra for wifi, parking, table tennis, etc. One hour before check out time cleaning staff start to disturb you to leave the room. If you don't speak Spanish, nobody will help you.

I would definitely recommend this place to someone I enjoyed my stay the staff were really friendly
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were a bit dated and the bed I was on was a bit hard for my liking but other than that it was a lovely stay.

The all inclusive food was value for money it tasted very nice, the facilities were excellent and the location of the place was excellent very close to everything. The rooms were always kept clean.

I should like to hope to come again.

The pillow was very thin. There was no clock around the swiming pool. I think it is not a problem to improve. Not the wine from the taps in the restaurants made Spain world famous wine maker. The problem has been solved, I drank beer or bottled wine.

The helpness of the restaurant staff was excelent. The location and the parking possibility were good.

The resort is really great for the value, breakfast was not...
    • Double or Twin Room

The resort is really great for the value, breakfast was not the greatest but the dinners were excellent. The entertainment was great. I am not a pool person so we walked to the beach about 15min away. The beach (free) and shops and restaurants in the city are priced well. The walk is not far but it is downhill so the climb back is a little rough. Well worth the money - the hotel was clean and cozy.

Okay facility

Other than the one or two staff on reception and in restaurant, generally I did not find staff friendly. Daughter cut her foot and leg on tiles in swimming pool and no concern expressed. Insufficient sun loungers around pool which leads to people putting towels on in morning to hold their spot.

No waiting for restaurants .

As this is a 3 hotel resort it means you can take breakfast,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

As any hotel they could do with more sunbeds and maybe more varied entertainment at night.

As this is a 3 hotel resort it means you can take breakfast, lunch & dinner at any of them. The choices for meals are good and being able to serve yourself for drinks in the restaurants and by the pool is always a good thing!

Facilities good but some staff let it down
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were great but during dinner a staff member consistently walked around and stared at us and the rules about paying for drinks only applied to some customers. We were charged but many people weren't and the staff member 'Jesus hernandez' had terrible customer service and was not welcoming but actually intimidating Also it's not a 5 min walk to the beach it's 20 min

Swimming pools were great and food changed every night which meant it wasn't boring.

Good if looking for a cheap hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor food. All inclusive means 1 choice of beer and a few nasty house spirits. All inclusive doesn't include pool bar.

You can use other blue resort hotels. Alot of free parking on the road.

A very average hotel with a very average reception and a very average entertainment programme.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Where do I start. I was completely let down with the gym. It stated there was a gym but I actually took photos as what they describe as a gym is definitely not. There was no thread mill no weights and hardly any machinery in the gym. I made an official complaint. The manager arranged for me to use the local gym, albeit a compromise was not ideal as had to walk 10 minutes to get there and 10 minutes home. There was no tea or coffee facilities provided in the room. I had to hire a kettle and buy our own coffee etc. I was very disappointed with the food on offer. There was no proper boards displaying what ingredients were in the food and whether or not they were suitable for a vegie. I asked one of the chefs. He told me was suitable and then straightaway said no as food contained meat. It specified satellite TV but there was only one english movie channel and a couple of english news programmes. I do not know how the star hotel system works but this was certainly no way a four star hotel.

The room was lovely and large, a good shower all round room very comfortable

Fabulous hotel highly recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing everything and everyone was perfect

Absolutely loved it here the staff were really friendly and helpful the hotel was always clean and presentable food was lovely and in a superb location what else could you want to have a trouble free relaxing holiday we can't wait to visit again

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Very nice hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff very friendly. Good facilities. Nice food although could do with a bit more variety at breakfast. Gorgeous room (729 - Superior Double). Very good hotel all in all.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Fabulous family holiday in a beautiful area of the island
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The reviews we read prior to arriving made us hesitant, on arrival we found them to be very unfair reflections on the accommodation

Excellent rooms and facilities, not the liveliest of resorts but perfect for our family and what we enjoy. Prior to booking we read some poor reviews, don't believe them, this is a lovely resort and hotel. We will defiantly return.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

All the things that you expect from a four star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was a charge for parking at the hotel which meant we left our car some distance away. There was no television within the hotel, and the lobby didn't really lend itself to having one. We had to leave the hotel to find a bar showing an important sports match.

All the things that you expect from a four star hotel.

uncomfortable rooms, unpleasant staff

bathroom was so small that even doors could not open fully. Bed was uncomfortable. At breakfast table i was interigated if im actually a hotel member, it was very unpleasant. Do not recommend to anyone.

baskelball court, but they havent had a ball

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Did not enjoy my stay there at all the room smelled of smoke,suposed to be a no smoking room??

I booked the Bonanza Palace but was put in the Canarife Palace which is not what I wanted. The showers were dangerous as they came boiling hot every 30 seconds???

Pool area

Not exactly as advertised - Not really worth £60 a night, which is what I paid at the time.

> Fridge - minibar didn't work > Beds were terribly uncomfortable > Shower cubicle was tiny - didn't have a bath as mentioned in the online ad - not good for a 6ft 4 man > Room was a bit droll and outdated - nice dull pink carpets and decor and floral bed sheets - Gave me cabin fever haha. > Noisy guests woke me up by playing a piano (badly) at the end of the corridor, whilst singing (badly). Had they been talented, I would have put this in the 'What did I like' part.

> Staff in reception were great > Nice bar attached to the hotel > Comfy lobby area > Nice pool area > Good location for quiet bars and restaurants

We enjoyed our time in the city, we will come back but stay in a different hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It said wifi is free, it didn't say that just in the lobby. We supposed to pay 6Euro/per day to get it in the room. Free parking-we should to pay for it 5/euros a day, free is on the street. Gym-we couldn't use it, facility was really poor. We asked for blanket because it was really cold in the room, but we didnt get it.

Breakfast,outside area

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

All right if you only need a place to sleep
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff grumpy and less than friendly. Indoor pool is ridiculous affair in a dark room, tiny and cold. Very underwhelming considering it was one of the reasons we chose this hotel as in November you don't get many days when you can swim outside, at least in the north. Shower in the room kept changing temperature every few seconds from too hot to ice cold. Phone didn't work. Maybe we should have said something but we tried to deal with receptionists as little as possible after much less than warm welcome we had received at arrival. In-house evening entertainment very dodgy and ridiculous (except for last night's magic show that was quit good, but was organised by guest artists and not the hotel animators, if you get my point). Overall, if you are looking for a place to sleep, it's great, but I can't imagine booking the all-inclusive and staying only at the hotel. Get a half board and explore this amazing island. :)

Food was nice (different dinner every evening) and restaurant staff extremely friendly and helpful. Loads of free parking spots nearby, not necessary to pay at the hotel,at least in November, might be busier during summer months. Superior room is a good size, every room has its balcony. Try asking for a mountain view, it was beautiful and peaceful. Cleaning was excellent every day.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

good location, not comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The temperature of the water during shower was unstable, unregulated. The temperature changed suddenly to extra hot and then cooled down to very cold . We asked for assistance twice , they were polite but nothing has changed. Something wrong with that system.

Location is very convenient, with parking service (extra charge but worth it ). The room is large.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

change the staff and everything will be ok
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff is closing facilities before official closing time (breakfast is supposed to end at 10.30, but 10.10 staff was locking the door; all inclusive bar was supposed to be open until 19.30, but 19.00 it was being closed, etc.). Staff makes you feel unwelcome, like they cannot wait until you will leave

Size of the single room (huge!), good selection of food.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Good value for money

Nothing that has not been mentioned before, but I do not complain because everything was said by previous guests: no wifi in rooms, hotel a bit dated, staff not very helpful.

Food was really good, very clean, good location and nice view from windows. Good value for money, because all inclusive is cheap.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Never again this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception staff is non profesional, they are to arogant, parking is not available, gym is total catastrofy!

Food is perfect, i dont have bad words for that!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Canarife Resort

furnitures are old, carpets smells, old fashion TV. I payed for WIFI in the room, good signal but poor speed of internet. For extra payment at least they should give some high speed internet. We booked king size bed, and got twin room. Breakfast was not good, every day the same,

bathrooms look like they refurbish it few years ago, Pool area is nice

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Friendly staff great choice of food at all servings
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Did not stick to sunbed rules people leaving towels on sunbeds not monitored and told nothey can't do that other bluesea hotel we stayed at in lanzarote actually padlock up until pool opened then monitored properly hard beds with only one pillow each no spares.

Friendly staff great choice of food at all servings

All inclussive its very poor

All inclussive its very poor

Could do with a bit of a look at the dinner menu.
    • Double or Twin Room

Could do with a bit of a look at the dinner menu.

everything was clean.

needs to have an update in style and deco.

everything was clean. friendly and helpful staff. plenty of choice in all the restrautants.

The pool , the view from the bedroom , the size of the room .
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows were too thin , felt like I didn’t have any ..

The pool , the view from the bedroom , the size of the room .

A most relaxing holiday, the best so far
    • Double Room Individual Use

Perfect food in the restaurant

We wanted to Change room,and the man in the reception at...
    • Double or Twin Room

We wanted to Change room,and the man in the reception at Bonanza Palace gave us exelent service😊

Perfect
    • Double Room Individual Use

Great place, awesome staff, especially Richel and Lukas. Highly recommended to everyone!

very enjoyable

pool to cold

Decent place, but really dated and needing renovation
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is very old and could use some renovation. Although comfortable, it seemed to not have been worked on for decades!

Spacious room. Big bed

Enjoyed location hotel requires refurbishment and better customer services
    • Double or Twin Room

Evening meals poor selection pasta cold Desserts basic

Not noisy

EVERYTHING IN THE HOTEL STUCK IN THE 80S

NO WAY 4 STAR 2 AT BEST

Room service,food
    • Double Room Individual Use

Door chip didn't work properly, sometimes the dishes weren't clean

Room service,food

It was really excelent
    • Double or Twin Room

The wine, and the bed with thin pillow

the helpfull of staff, location, price

In general, the hotel is good value for the money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The mattress and the pillows on the bed are very uncomfortable.

In general, the hotel is good value for the money.

It actually 3 hotels together and you can take you pick...
    • Double Room Individual Use

The food was terrible tasteless and cold

It actually 3 hotels together and you can take you pick which on to use

Would give it a ten but the food was dicusting so I'll give it a 5
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was beautifully clean wonderful showers entertainment not very good sun beds mostly broke

Hotel very clean

Amazing 😁
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything was perfect and very very nice and helpfull staff!!

The chicken
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed, the decorations, the staff, the food

The chicken

Cockroaches and wood mites.
    • Double or Twin Room

Cockroaches and wood mites. The food.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Enjoying today, came back tomorrow

Leaving

Staff fantastic. Very helpful, smail all the time. Food really really good

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Perfect 😉
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Friendly and serviceminded staff. Excellent facilities - you really feel at home ☺

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was a shabby hotel, and we had to pay extra for the safe, wifi etc

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Hotel calls for renovation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel is out of date, saunas are not in function, swimming pool area in a bad condition.

Very friendly staff, especially service staff...

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

NICE HOTEL
    • Double or Twin Room

Bit far out from town but cheap taxi ride home

Nice hotel with good size rooms and loca bars and restarants

Not like in pictures.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didnt liked that the sauna was closed, there wasnt free wifi, cold indor pool, old tv, empty minibar.

food, beer, balcony view.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Very nice hotel for families!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Need to pay for wifi, a little bit far from the city

Comfortable and large rooms, great staff, very nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Dealt with it for 3 days, wouldn't book again. It's like a series of Shameless filmed in a hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The pictures are nothing like the rooms

Food was great

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Location good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food was cold at both dinner and breakfast and was not very appetising.

Location good. Free parking outside.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Reasonable for cheap short break. Not really 4* tho

Location , entertainment

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Unforgetable trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet is basic, hot water is hard to set

Staff, Food, Location

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Highly recomended
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

no free wifi, only in the reception area and it didnt work well

Very frendly staff. Delicious food.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Great family holiday!

Poorly gym.

Friendly and helpful staff, nice pool area, clean and spacious room. The food was excellent with lots of choice. Free shuttle bus to town.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The beach
    • Double or Twin Room

The mattresses was uncomfortable, all other things quite good.

Very nice place to take a walk, beautiful beach.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

-Value for money

- needs refurbishment (old fashioned) - bit further from the centre and beach - limited facilities for children

-Value for money - size of the room, the view (ocean and El Teide) - quiet location

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Staff was very friendly, room tidy, brakfast very rich and...

At reception they charge you for changing 1€/towel for swimming pool.

Staff was very friendly, room tidy, brakfast very rich and also dinner. We had half board, so we were in hotel only in mornning and afternoon. Everything was ok.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Location was good.

Rooms were not cleaned every day. Despite assurances they managed alternate days. Decor and fabric was tired needed a refurb. 'Well equipped gym' was poorly equipped with a few loose weights, rickety bench, cycling and Xtrainer machines. electronic lock to room and the safe key did not work and weren't repaired. There was only 1 check-in desk serving a group of 3 hotels causing queues. Rooms had old cathode ray tv and remote had to be collected from reception!

Location was good. In a lively are and a short walk down to the seafront area. Main structures, pools etc, were fine

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Very clean

Confusing reception arrangement and lack of clarity from staff. Wi-Fi is very hit and miss in rooms and none at all in public areas of Hotel Bonanza

Very clean Great location Pleasant staff Good buffet style breakfast with choices for everyone.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Food

Too long to wait at the reception for any kind of informatiom Very bad Internet Bed linen hasn't been changed in 8 nights swimmimg pool towels never changed, you get them for the whole term No breakfast boxes in case of early departures

Food View on the Teide and the ocean

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Resort traveller photo gallery