Reviews of Catalonia Barcelona 505 4 stars

Muntaner, 505, Sarrià-St. Gervasi, 08022 Barcelona, Spain

#329 of 528 hotels in Barcelona

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Very nice and clean room with comfortable bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

not very good organised breakfest. There were two coffee machines, not working properly. For two days there was only one. We were waiting for coffee for 10 - 15 minutes. Staff didn´t manage to clear tables.

Very nice and clean room with comfortable bed. A lot of space. Quiet. Huge bathroom with both shower and bath. Nice swimming pool with view. Everyday perfect cleanup. Good location. I could walk or use train.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing wrong with the hotel

Love the room big and spacious. Very comfortable bed The bathroom is big too and very clean One of the unique things in the room they had a "Handy phone" the idea is lovely you can take it with u and use it to locate restaurants and even receive calls and basically have access to the net but it's an old kind of android that it's a slow respond to touch. The metro is close by too and bus stop is even closer

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Not so good
    • Double or Twin Room

110 euros/ night, but quality is not so good, room is clean and also old, the worst thing is that, there are no quilt on the bed, after I demand, they give me a blanket, not very comfortable and also has some smells, what I think is good is just the location.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Nice hotel, but I had a problem during my stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The night I arrived they told me they had to close one floor due to some problems in electricity and they took me to another Catalonia Hotel, without extra charge but I was only for one night so the next day I had to pack again and go back to this hotel, it cut my plans of the day.

I like my room, it was in a corner and it was big and really clean. The pool is located in one of the top floors, is a large but not really profound pool, the view is great. It is really close to some bus stations but it is not close to the most turistic and interesting places in Barcelona, however the neighborhood is nice.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

A lovely hotel in nice part of the city

It was all good

The room was big and airy with a very comfortable king size bed. My balcony was lovely, especially for early evening drinks and the pool was great for a dip after sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

We made the mistake of having one load of laundry done for...
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

We made the mistake of having one load of laundry done for us. We had to pay 150 euros for a normal load of laundry. The clothes that were washed are not worth this much. I would have liked to know the cost beforehand. Do not use in-house services unless you're travelling with tuxedos and gala dresses.

The hotel was great they gave us an upgrade to superior room...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff at service desk was slow Had to keep checking back when our room was available

The hotel was great they gave us an upgrade to superior room and the restaurant meals great Pool was nice to relax on top of the roof

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

This hotel is exceptionally good, a trial will convince anyone
    • Double or Twin Room

They should let people know that the Barcelona centre is 8 minutes away with a train because some people will be put off when they see "2 miles from the city centre"

The fact that I get to pay the price of a 2 star hotel but get the value of a 5 star hotel in a 4 hotel is something I haven't experienced before

Perfect except for an insulting joke made by the male receptionist.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were a little bit snooty. When I checked out, I was very sleepy and couldn't remember my room number. The man at the desk made a joke that he didn't know where I had been sleeping that night....I didn't appreciate that joke . It was out of line.

Bed very comfortable.

Staff, comfortable room, food
    • Double or Twin Room

Thare was a realy huge cockroach on the curtain in the room that I noticed first morning, but the staff reacted quickly, compliments for the personnel. Just advice to check the curtains guys :)

Staff, comfortable room, food

Coffee shops la rambler bowl sweats

Small pool, no parking, no coffee tea in rooms, n 3rd bed was like a rock. Bath never worked no Jacuzzi seen better 3 star or 2 star. The only thing going 4 them was bowl of sweats

Coffee shops la rambler bowl sweats

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Fantastic rooms, clean and comfy!
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant could have had a few more options. I love Spanish food but my partner doesn’t so it was a little limited.

This is a lovely hotel with clean rooms, excellent facilities and a lovely pool. The pool is a little small but it didn’t get too busy so it was just right! The rooms were fantastic, we even got a ‘travel buddy’ while we were there which was really handy! The staff were great too, room service food was fantastic and the breakfast was delicious. We only ate in the restaurant once, it was okay but the steak was a little undercooked for our liking. Other than that, we found it fantastic and will be visiting again when we return to Barcelona.

I will not recommend nor stay here again! This is coming from someone who’s stayed at 5 star-3 star!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very Rude staff - Aide. Unpleasant experience, they insisted on full charges on my credit card on arrival. Hotel entrance very dirty & shady, with hangers on around building. Lift is so tiny, that you have to wait more than 30mins for lift. Rooms & doors are too close, looks like hostel for students. I actually thought I was in an accommodation for asylum seekers! Don’t believe pictures you see on booking.com!!!!

Received a free drink on arrival and room is as expected not...
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is a bit far from centre but theres a bus stop right outside the front door. Seemed to be under-staffed. Arrived and there was children in pyjamas sitting all over the reception area on the floor.

Received a free drink on arrival and room is as expected not too luxurious but what you would expect from a hotel chain. Comfy and well air-conditioned our room was huge, like a mini apartment. We had a nice bath and a shower as well

Clean and comfortable...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast should be included in the rate.

The room was spacious and absolutely clean. Towels changed everyday.Double glass windows excluded traffic noise.

Great for a city centre break!
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds are very very firm!

It's was great to have a swimming pool in the city and the breakfast buffet was a good way to start the day. Having the metro so close by was ideal.

Simple - comfortable hotel - in a nice neighbourhood.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only let down was poorly finished shower and that is purely trying to find something that would take a point away from a great value hotel.

Great staff and in a really nice neighbourhood. The pool although small is a welcome feature. We visited during a heat wave the A/C was perfect. Very very comfortable bed.

Normal stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The room assigned (121) not al the level of the hotel and the rate, located ground floor facing internal narrow court and almost no natural light. This could not be assigned to frequent Catalonia clients.

Kindness of staff

Would use this hotel again

Restaurant food was average. Staff very nice.

The staff are excellent at their job - friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable, clean and well equipped. Pool was refreshing, clean and pool area well maintained.

dimension of the room and the bathroom ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower is really poor, little water from small tool. Bed was for me too soft. The lady at the reception paid attention to internal staff while I was waiting for checking-in. none of the 4 Italian channels foreseen in the list was working. water boiler and cups available but not courtesy tea. no body lotion in the bathroom.

dimension of the room and the bathroom ok. all clean, no problems.

Comfortable and spacious room;
    • Double or Twin Room

Bar, reception and restaurant a bit cramped. Very small swimming pool.

Comfortable and spacious room; nice en-suite; good breakfast. Location relatively OK for Metro to Plaza de Catalunya. Staff friendly and efficient.

The pool was amazing, the bathroom were nice and big...
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was amazing, the bathroom were nice and big compared to other places we stayed in Barcelona. It was nice to have a restaurant in the lobby, and the food was good and reasonably priced.

Spotlessly clean, staff were super friendly and couldn’t do...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like !

Spotlessly clean, staff were super friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. Comfy beds and the pool area was lovely, food was delicious and traditionally Spanish. A great birthday trip for me and my son and would definitely stay here again.

Very. Comfortable

All good

Exellent friendly staff all around Very nice breakfast unfortunately we couldn’t try Dinner A lot of attention to details Walking distance to centre and tourist attractions Afternoon snacks with a Glas of wine thrown in We will be back

Nice hotel in a nice area.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel in a nice area. Not in the center but I liked the neighborhood. I had a big room. Comfortable bed. The bathroom had a tub and a shower. Everything was very clean. I would definitely stay again.

Very spacious room
    • Double or Twin Room

The jets were not working in the bathtub... I signalled it to the staff and, as an answer, I only got "yes, it does not work in your room"...

Very spacious room Shower and bathtub Terrace (with swimming pool)

Very nice stay. Value for money.

Because it's in the city center you have to close the windows during the night because of the traffic.

A great experience for me and my 2 sons (19/23). Good facilities, great staff en very close to airport and city center. Super !

It was enjoyable stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception was very good except Sergi. Sergi did not want to help for anything. The walls were so thin that there was a lot of noise from the side room. 500m walk and 3 stops for the centre.

They were so polite. When we checked in the hotel upgraded the room. Beds are so comfortable. Room cleaning very good. Safe neigborhood.

Great hotel and restaurant! We will definitely go back!
    • Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel!! We were upgraded to a deluxe double room with a beautiful terrace, the views from up there were amazing!! Also the restaurant gets a 10/10! Food was delicious and the wine selection was pretty impressive. Location was good too, easy to get everywhere from there. Last but not least, staff was very professional and friendly! We will definitely go back!

Swimming pool not heated and too cold to swim in

Swimming pool not heated and too cold to swim in Wi-fi was poor Staff were inattentive Room was noisy from road outside Room too hot and no air conditioning (was told this is only switched on in the summer) Bar staff ignored us Reception staff were impolite

It was a very good accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the city center, the room was quite noisy (you can hear the traffic even if the windows are closed) and you can hear people talking on the hallway.

The pictures are fair - the room looked as nicely as in the pictures. Free welcome drinks.

good

See above

I liked the idea of the swimming pool as I do swim regularly. There was nothing wrong with it except that it was freezing (Mid March) which made it unusable. A significant disapointment. The rest of the hotel was a good standard and the staff very helpful.

Great location, great comfort
    • Double or Twin Room

Would've loved complimentary tea and coffee to go with the kettle in the room

Great quiet location, with plenty of options for public transport to get to loads of attractions. Extremely comfortable bed and loved the shower pressure and deep bath

Comfort and quality a little distance from central Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

The service at the bar is quite poor. Often nobody is there to tend the bar. In the end choose not to use this facility.

The rooms are fantastic. Quite large and comfortable with a very modern bathroom

Great value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

No slippers in the room.

The reception staff was very friendly and offered us a free welcome drink, even for my father in law who was helping us. The bed was very comfortable. Free water bottle in the room. Room spacious enough and nicely decorated. Close to the location that we were visiting.

Will not be returning
    • Double or Twin Room

Food in Restuarant was not very good. One night i had people banging on my door in the middle of the night. One day after cleaning my room the cleans left the door open all day, luckily nothing stolen

Highly recommended, I like value for money and this exceeded...
    • Double or Twin Room

Only complaint room was too hot..

Highly recommended, I like value for money and this exceeded VFM, a perfect stay in a less touristy part of a great city. Excellent breakfast and the tuna was spot on.

Very good and excellent reception staff

No breakfast

I guess they should include breakfast, had to wait for sometime before check in as room was not ready although i pre informed my arrival time.

Modern, spacious and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The room had no view. The tv didn't have any English TV channels other than CNN and Bloomberg. The cleaning crew had left a used cleaning cloth on the desk. The staff didn't proactively engage with guests.

Got a complementary room upgrade! The room was huge, modern, very comfortable and had everything one needs. Loved the separate shower area in the bathroom. Very comfy bed with nice long pillows. The hotel is a 2' walk to many lovely restaurants.

Bad value for the money, do not respect your rest and the hotel location is far from city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bedrooms were not soundproof, on the contrary you could hear the cleaning ladies fighting each other screaming from one bedroom to another just before 10 am, even if you have the "do not disturb" sign on your door. To disguise weird sewage smell in the bathrooms they put so many "fresh air" spray that the smell of the product is unbearable.

Bed was under comfy.
    • Double or Twin Room

The prices. Night was expensive parking was awful and tight and breakfast would have cost 36 euro for two people for one morning. Not paying that.

Bed was under comfy.

Great small hotel in Barcelona
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Great place to stay in Barcelona! We enjoyed the room terrace, as it was much bigger than other hotels, and also gives you enough space to soak under the sun. The area is very nice and residential, with a few bars and restaurants nearby. The room is quite spacious, and the bathroom includes a bathtub. The room amenities were great too. We did not try the hotel pool, but based on the view, it was really small, perhaps only to refresh rather than swim. Will stay here again for sure.

Very nice staff and clean, comfortable room.
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi is a little slow but nothing to be considerably worry about for normal work

Very nice staff and clean, comfortable room. The noise from the street is very present in the room though.

Good for metro links, 90 minute walk to the port, 15 mins by taxi,
    • Double or Twin Room

Taxi's booked for the evening also arrived to collect us 12 hours later, equivalent time in the morning on 2 separate days, this results in a call to the room, not ideal after a late night

Staff very helpful

Clean room, good air conditioning and nice shared terrace...
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive breakfast, would recommend going to El Fornet bakery on the corner just down from the hotel, well priced and delicious muffins/croissants/etc.

Clean room, good air conditioning and nice shared terrace with pool and seats to chill out on a morning.

Good hotel, good location for metro into city
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower head was broken - the fixture holding it to the wall was cracked meaning it had to be held in place by hand when using the shower. The maids came round the rooms too early and made a lot of noise in surrounding rooms whilst cleaning which disturbed our sleep every day.

Comfy beds, reasonably close to metro station, friendly staff that spoke English

Not a 4 star hotel

There was only one person at the reception, she couldn't even show us the room, no Porter, breakfast is ok, but it was 10:45and we were still eating that the staff started to take the food for themselves and turn off the lights while we were still sitting,sink drain was closed, staff were not helpful and couldn't speak English, location was not close to the center but the metro station was close to it, didn't change the bedsheets in 4 nights

Would definitely return.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were very hospitable, hotel cleanliness was great and rooms were always being cleaned. Air con was a little loud but that's probably only negative to report.

Clean. good location. Staff a little unhelpful in sorting out problems

Staff a little unhelpful

On the final day one of our party left his coat when we left early am for our flight. they said wouldn't send it back though he offered to pay. He has to arrange a courier to collect it now, which comes at quite a expense, yet others who have been there and left things behind said they didn't have to do it this long winded way, And had there items returned with out the faff! Took the shine off a nice break. P.s only one iron and ironing board for hotel so try not to crease your clothes, lol as no guarantee you will get the iron and iron board!

I arrived late from the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was "offered" to pay city tax twice. I kindly had to decline paying a second time.

I arrived late from the airport. The friendly guy at the reception explained me the functioning of the hotel while he was doing the check in. I was put on the 5th floor in a surprisingly nice room. The room was wide, with an entry having the desk. The bathroom was really big. There was a bath and a separate shower. From the bed you have the TV right in front of you, with all channels you can imagine. This is a very good value for money hotel, most like the other hotels in the same chain. I always do my best to stay in Catalonia hotels when in Barcelona. They never disappoint.

room was not bad the staff was friendly and helpful .
    • Double or Twin Room

the cleaner was clean the room so bad , she clean the cups of the tea on toilet and she dry it by our towel bath .

room was not bad the staff was friendly and helpful .

First visit to Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the hotel is fairly far from downtown Barcelona and the beachfront, it is only a 5 minute walk from the nearest metro station that goes direct into central Barcelona.

Friendly and helpful staff, very competent in English. The room and hotel facilities were excellent. The selection at breakfast was really great. Highly recommend this hotel!

Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't like the location. Still a bit far from the major attractions. Also the fridge weren't working properly. So we couldn't have cold water. And the noise. We couldn't rest at all. Night till about 2am. And mornings were early for us because of the housekeeping working next door.

It was very clean. Rooms are very big. Staff was helpful. I have to say very helpful and sweet.

worth the stay due to the pool on the 4th floor
    • Double or Twin Room

only managed to get an iron 1 night out of the 4 which was pretty annoying as hate going out with creased clothes.

enjoyed the swimming pool. was never too busy and 100% needed it in the blistering heat. the prices at the bar were also pretty reasonable

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Excellent hotel lovely comfort rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

While the breakfast buffet had lots of choices the hot food was cold lukewarm

The hotel was excellent location for what I needed and it was a short metro journey into the city centre and 30 minutes by taxi to the airport

Excellent, modern, clean and friendly accommodation.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very large, clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. The pool was refreshing and relaxing and there was a big variety of food for breakfast.

Fantastic stay, would definitely return
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were extremely comfortable, which is something as usually hotel beds give me a sore back. The pool terrace was lovely, especially on those warmer days when you just wanted to relax. Although some relaxing music would have made it better. The restaurant was also great and very good value for money. Overall, a fantastic stay and would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

- Was upgraded to junior suite.
    • Double or Twin Room

- Location was fair although if there for tourism I would suggest something closer to central - There are not that many good restaurants close by. - The restaurant was not good. Portion size was way too small, I asked three times to not have potatoes but vegetables instead yet the food came without vegetables but with potatoes. Presentation of food was poor. Taste was bland.

- Was upgraded to junior suite. Very nice room. - There is a very good gym close by.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The breakfast was good.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

There was nothing to give shade on the terrasse. The refrigeator couldn´t cool anything. The bed was too soft and there was a lot of noise from especially the big street. Too much perfume in the soap and other things from the bathroom.

The breakfast was good. Many things to choose among, but the price is too high. The balcony was nice and big. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The bathroom had all the eqiuipment we needed.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Excellent place to stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a mix up between booking.com and the hotel, the rate through booking was a lot lower than the hotel's system, we simply showed the email to the staff and they didn't hesitate in complying with booking.com's rate. I know that's the right thing to do but I've been in that situation before and the staff is usually not helpful but the complete opposite. Staff at Catalonia Barcelona 505 were exceedingly polite.

Barcelona great city to visit
    • Double or Twin Room

staff however were not very friendly or particularly helpful. No tea or coffee in the rooms although there was a kettle! when we asked for milk etc staff reluctantly handed over the milk sugar etc, minor point but I've never stayed in a 4 star hotel were you couldn't make a drink in your room. Breakfast was 17 euros there was an 'El Fornet' on the corner 1 minute away serves breakfast for 5 euros.

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff however were not very friendly or particularly helpful. No tea and coffee in rooms although there was a kettle! when we asked for milk etc staff reluctantly handed over the milk sugar etc-minor point but never stayed in a 4 star were you couldn't make a drink of tea in your room. Breakfast was 17 euros there was an 'El fornet' on the corner 1 minute away serves great breakfast for 5 euros

good location, old hotel, noisy
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel is on the big street, so it is very noisy at night also very noisy neighbors and no sound insulation whatsoever hotel is quite old

good location, helpful staff

Very good and varied breakfast, we had a junior suite which...
    • Family Room

Very good and varied breakfast, we had a junior suite which was a very spacious, quiet room. Very warm & helpful staff at reception. We decided not to rent a car since the hotel is only 300m from El putxet metro which connects you in minutes to all over Barcelona. Room always very clean and towels changed everyday. We had a great stay!!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Bad personal, especially the boss. They think too much about money $$$ Access to the pool only 2 hours a day and only after negociation, it's not a joke. I don't recommend.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Not a great sleep
    • Double or Twin Room

They need to test their rooms. Room 901 was not great and I didn't sleep well here. The air con was broken. There was a flashing firealarm blinking above me every 10 seconds. Clunking lifts are very noisy. Lights from the hallway is very bright all night long.

Staff are helpful and friendly, particularly for the restaurant

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

a good hotel and better than the hotels i have stayed in in Barcelona previously.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

the one evening myself and my family wanted room service for a celebration but was told at short notice the restaurant was closed and there was no room service . this was very disappointing particularly as we had 2 young children with us.

i am medically required to have a gluten free diet the hotel catered exceptionally for me which included a hot gluten free baguette at every meal. I loved the terrace attached to my room. it was large and private. the only thing missing was an umbrella .

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great Value
    • Double or Twin Room

The time-outs of the wi-fi. A 4 star hotel should place at least 1 painting or other type of art into each standard room, in Catalonia Barcelona there is an absence of such in all two rooms I was accommodated during my stay. The curtains were dusty in one of the rooms. One of the rooms had a rest chair, the other one didn't have such. The USB plugs had a sign indicating the Volts, but they didn't have one indicating the Amperes, which can damage the mobile device battery seriously.

The bed sheets are first class, as well as the variety of the pillows. The switches are finished in inbox which is giving additional value to the place in general.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Impressed!
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have liked to make a cup of tea in my room, there was only a coffee machine. Small problem though and staff solved by providing a pot of tea for me:)

Staff very polite and helpful. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and double glazing made room quiet. Location felt safe and local - not touristy which I liked. Lovely bakery nearby!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

A bit out of town but.....
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a bit out of town but the metro is 5 minutes away and only 10 mins from the centre. Bathroom looking decidedly tired

the staff were very pleasant and prepared to do that little bit extra for you. The reception and bar area was very bright and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Bed is nice!

Bed is nice!

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 2 November 2018

very comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent room are and comfort. Food of lunch was excellent. Tv varieties are excellent...

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

The room is very big and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

we need to buy water everyday. Drinking water is not free.

The room is very big and clean. Staffs are very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Very good location, easy access to metro

Very good location, easy access to metro

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice room, confortable bed, clean, staff with good attitude

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Everything was excellent the staff was friendly the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent the staff was friendly the breakfast was excellent also the location is very good

Browse Catalonia Barcelona 505 traveller photo gallery