Reviews of Catalonia Goya 4 stars

Goya 49, Salamanca, 28001 Madrid, Spain

#244 of 350 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great location : only steps from the subway , and in the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Had to change rooms during our stay due to poor plumbing . Accidently left an electronics plug in the wall on check out. Returned a few hours later to collect it, but it was gone .

Great location : only steps from the subway , and in the midst of shopping and cafes

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good quality room, friendly and efficient staff, in great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Single elevator in morning gets busy and can cause delay.

Good sized room. No noise from street despite overlooking busy Goya...v effective double glazing. Large bed.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good for shopping and the train.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room service was very limited. Being on my own I did not feel like going out at night and there was nothing else for me to eat.

The room was very comfortable. Lovely balcony over looking the road. Very handy spot for shopping and the park. Close to the train to get into the city. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The day I booked to your hotel was my 85th birthday.
    • Double or Twin Room

As I am returning to Madrid after visiting the Basque Country, I requested to leave one piece of luggage in your custody It was denied abruptly by the day manager without any explanation. A kind explanation like security reasons would have been welcome and understood.

The day I booked to your hotel was my 85th birthday. Javier, the receptionist sent a plate of fruits and a cava as a gift which I enjoyed and appreciated. Thank you very much.

The hotel was quite clean and attractive. Our room was spacious and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked this property partly because it was supposed to have an airport shuttle. However, it did not have one. Also the drain in the bathtub/shower drained extremely slowly.

The bed was very large and comfortable, the check-in process was very easy, and the room was quite spacious.

Advantageous hotel in central Madrid.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms that view to back yard create a little bit negative feeling. The lighting in the room for the table is not suitable.

Good location in central part of Madrid. A metro station is nearby. Polite and helpful staff. Spacious and comfortable room and bathroom with a lot of accessories free of charge. The double bed is huge. Very good ratio price/quality. Very rich mini-bar.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Central location and easy access to the Metro (100 meters)
    • Double or Twin Room

As mentioned by many reviewers the air conditioning even if functional would sometime need a bit more power. We visited the hotel when the weather was not so warm and felt however a bit warm in the room.

Central location and easy access to the Metro (100 meters) Appreciated the hotel staff to offer umbrellas when rain started Staff brought the luggage inside the room once it was cleaned and ready while we were visiting the city

The room is quite big and comfortable to stay for a small...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is quite big and comfortable to stay for a small family with a baby. Location is good with walking distance to the biggest park of Madrid and luxury shopping street.

Ok for short stay
    • Double or Twin Room - Goya View

The AC didn’t work that great so it was quite hot in the room all night long.

Hotel is very close to the metro station (literally steps away), room are small but comfortable.

Wonderful breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room - Goya View

We echo the comments about not being able to order coffee or have access to coffee in the room, although there is plenty of coffee right outside the hotel. My husband when down to the Bar for a glass of ice. But the water provided in the room was very nice.

Wonderful breakfast. A bit pricey at 17 euros, but one can order in advance for 11 euros. Very large selection of food and omelets made to order. Location was very pleasant and convenient - great Salamunca location. Convenient to several subsways and Retiro Park. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating -- printed our City Tour bus tickets, etc!!!

Would come again, especially if I got the same room.

Nothing much

I upgraded to a better room at the front,which had two small balconies one open and the other enclosed with glass. It was a nice room with a great view of a lovely white church opposite.The air-conditioning was a bit too strong so I turned it off no problem.The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout.

Excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar constantly had no staff and when he did arrive, he only served one round and disappeared again, we used this hotel to meet up with a lot of friends from around the UK for a gig at the wizink and it would have been better If the bar was manned

The hotel is in an excellent location and right outside is a metro station. It is a 10 minute walk to the Wizink arena and 10 minutes the opposite way to the Hard Rock Cafe. The room was very clean and modern with a massive comfortable bed, the only thing that let it down was the bar

Great place, great location with loads to see and do locally.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing.....my room was at the back, so the view wasn't a panoramic vista, but I really don't care about that sort of thing....and the room was air conditioned, which was nice as well.

Great place. No problems with any requests either. The staff were all great as well. Importantly, I was at the end of a corridor, so it was also pretty quiet as well...No complaints at all.

Location was excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

Price per night fluctuates a lot. You don’t get one price for your stay, it’s financially calculated for each night. Breakfast is 30% cheaper if you buy it there when you checkin, rather than buy the rack price ok booking. I felt that was a bit unfair, penalizing me for having thought and bough ahead of time.

Location was excellent. Good breakfast.

Great hotel especially for concerts at the WiZink Center. Ten minutes from the beautiful Retiro Park
    • Double or Twin Room - Goya View

The only downside to the hotel was the bar. The service was just terrible. We gave up waiting for the barman to show up and just went to another bar

The location is great, very easy to walk to a lot of the attractions. We visited for a concert at the WiZink Center which was a 10 minute walk away. The city centre (Sol) is a few minutes taxi ride away, and easily reached on foot too

Good location,clean comfortable rooms and little noise from...
    • Double or Twin Room

Was difficult to get a drink from the bar as nobody was there a lot of the time

Good location,clean comfortable rooms and little noise from any other rooms

The size of the room was excellent for this price.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet was not the best, the glass door is not comfortable and the WC top was repainted or repaired not well and shall be replace... check room 703. As an architect, I prefer more white than darker colours for bringing more light inside the room...

The size of the room was excellent for this price.

Very nice hotel in Salamanca, comfortable accommodations,...
    • Double or Twin Room

A coffee machine in room would have been nice, but there are plenty of coffee shops just steps away.

Very nice hotel in Salamanca, comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, they even upgraded us to a triple room since we were traveling with a toddler. Excellent location and value for the price. I would definitely stay there again.

Location, Comfort, and Value for Money!
    • Double or Twin Room

The noise! I had seen comments before about the noise. I had requested a quiet room and my room was located at the back of the building. I think the problem is that the building is old and that the noise is due to creaks and thin walls. You can't hear everything but if people aren't being entirely considerate, you could end up with less sleep than you'd want. A tip though- if you're going for business/work- request a quiet room!

Location, location, location! The location is really great. There are so many shops around the area, and the Metro station is only a short walk away. The room (standard double) was comfortable too, with a large double bed which was glorious for a solo traveler! The room was clean, and the bathroom was spacious complete with a bath which was great after a long day of meetings. I would recommend adding bath/shower gel to the rooms as I noticed this was missing and something which would be appreciated by travelers.

Super stay! Will recommend hotel to friends and family.
    • Double or Twin Room

When checking in, person at reception was very young and spoke hardly any English. That needs to be improved.

Excellent breakfast. Very good location, very close to metro station and various shop. Excellent hotel, good value for money.

Location and size of room and wc
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise (you hear steps in other rooms/bad floor surface in room) and the showerhead was broken (did not stay stable, one would need to grab it)

Location and size of room and wc

Below my expectations. Our experiencie in Catalonia Avinyó was great but Goya was very disappointed.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had to request in several times for soap, shampoo and toilet paper which are basic elements for a hotel service. Air conditioning noisy and not efficient. We had to pay in advance even before checking the room. Catalonia is the only hotel with this payment method. We asked for a car rental service to the staff and they just said the hotel didn’t provide this service without any help to find a place for rental. Finally, because our flight was at midnigth, we asked since the first day for a late check-out and staff told us we should request for this the last day in the morning. When I asked for it the staff answered no way without offered any alternative.

Not worth the money.

They charged us for the entire stay at CHECK IN!!!! The AC didn't work. The room had spider webs and looked rundown. It seemed that they change the bathtub but not the backsplash. To me and my sisters, it was a 2 to 3 stars hotel. Booking.com was very helpful and we change to a very nice hotel nearby,"NH". We only stayed one night at Catalonia Hotel and they reimbursed what they charged us.

The location was good but there are many good 4 stars hotels in that area of the city.

centrally located with good services but some room for improvement
    • Double or Twin Room

noisy street (choose the room oriented away from the street), room smelled like smoke, problem with key cards, no ventilation in bathroom

very good location - right next to Metro station, clean room, friendly staff, enough space in our room

Worst place to travel with a pet.
    • Double or Twin Room

Worst place to travel with a pet. They make you leave a 200 euro cash deposit for the dog and they are not even allowed on the bed. The place is extremely noisy, specially the house cleaners in the morning.

Only issue not serving food on the weekends
    • Double or Twin Room

We checked in on a Sunday and we were informed by reception that there is no restaurant in the hotel and that we could eat at the bar after 7 in the evening. Knowing that we returned at 10 o clock very hungry yo find out that the bar would not make any food as it was Sunday...I have never seen a 4* hotel not serving food to his customers. The option we were given then was frozen pizza or sushi. Another issue was that we had to go down to reception 4 times to get our keys as they were not working at all and we were unable to open the door. we were given new keys 4 times before a staff member opens the door for us

Very clean hotel and nice staff.

Excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

When you upgrade your roo; the extra amenities were kaç kez and you had to aşk numerous times.

Excellent location. Small but very friendly front desk.Leisure

FANTASTIC MADRID
    • Double or Twin Room

A little problem with my free cancellation reservation since they charged my credit card with the first night and it was not a pre-authorization but a real charge. Anyway Andrea one of the guys of the staff was really professional and solved it immediately, but not all of them are so skilled for a four stars hotel like Andrea. I hope they will be in the future.

Position was great, downtown and face of Velasquez tube station.It was my seventh time in Madrid and position of this hotel is really perfect. Our room was nice and silent as I asked. Good cleaning

It is a very convenient location for the attractions in the area

The room climatization was not working and it was a bit hot. At night we opened the window to cool the room before going to sleep.

The location was superb and the staff very friendly.

not really worth the money
    • Double or Twin Room

the room wasnt super clean it had bad cigarette smell, nobody mentioned that is was a smoking room the bath facilities changed only every 2 days and only on request the room itself was not cozy, dirty PU leather pillows on the bed restaurant personal not really friendly, if you want to enjoy your late breakfast just before its end and drink another cup of coffee, that will be an issue - the personal acts like they want you to leave just when the breakfast is officially over not worth the money we have payed

great location and nice view on the church good breakfast

Okay for a short 1-2-night stay if you're here for shopping or visit
    • Double or Twin Room

Sound isolation in rooms is poor. I could hear music, people stepping in the rooms around me and above. Pillows also weren't very comfortable. I stayed for 2 nights and couldn't get proper sleep.

Excellent location: upscale neighbourhood, Retiro park is close by. A lot of shopping malls for different budgets, depending which direction you will go :-). And, finally, lots of awesome restaurants nearby (do reserve before!).

Era importante para mi, un late check out.
    • Double or Twin Room

Era importante para mi, un late check out. Lo solicité al reservar pero la respuesta negativa de parte del hotel, no la leí. Eso me causó inconvenientes

Due to personal circumstances I needed to travel home...
    • Double or Twin Room

Due to personal circumstances I needed to travel home earlier. Nights ahead where skipped. Didn't need to pay them. Excellent service and understanding.

I would stay there again

The floor is creaking.

It’s in a very nice and safe neighborhood, the subway (metro) is right next to the hotel. Restaurants and supermarkets are around the corner. My room was big enough, even with a sofa. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast isn’t cheap, but very good (fresh made omelet).

Great Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Every morning there was a lot of noises on our floor, I am not sure if it was the maid or some children slaming the doors. We couldn't sleep untill late on any of the 5 days stay.

Service was great. I lost one of my earrings and they found it and left it to one of my friends return to me. The front desk and restaurant staff are really nice and helpful. The location is perfect, close to metro and the Retiro park. The rooms are updated and clean.

Very satisfied
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionists were very nice, in check in we were offered an upgrade for a superior room. The room was clean, with a comfortable bed and big bathroom.

Great location and value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The mattress is a bit on the soft side, and I felt some stiffness in my back after the second day.

The location is perfect for visiting our friends and shopping. The shower is particularly well designed.

Excellent location to really enjoy Madrid.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar is a little characterless & in need of some refurbishment.

Ideal location, very close to the Metro, a brilliant choice of restaurants very close to the hotel & an easy walk to the Prado & all the other wonderful galleries & sights in Madrid.

Great find in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be nice if breakfast didn’t cost €17. And for those of us not having breakfast, it would be nice to have a coffee or tea stand near the lobby.

My bed was great, my room facing the back was very quiet, everything was clean, the bathroom was nice, the price is reasonable and the location is very central.

Hotel Catalonia Goya excellent choice for Madrid visit.

N.A.

Velazquez Metro station only steps from hotel, in Salamanca neighborhood with lots of shops, restaurants, etc., good buffet breakfast, easy taxi access to Barajas Airport.

Not worth the money I spent.
    • Double or Twin Room

They do NOT have an airport shuttle. They will call you a cab for which you have to pay (and I was charged for the amount of time the driver had to wait for me PRIOR to the scheduled time of departure). The room was nice. I would have loved to take a bath, since there was one provided in the bathroom, but the plug mechanism was broken.

The bed was comfortable and the staff were generally helpful and friendly.

Enjoyed this hotel very much & would return.
    • Double or Twin Room

No lounge style area in or near reception to sit or wait. Not really an issue but would have been nice. No designated smoking area - had to stand on the street.

Great location, very helpful & friendly staff, junior suite perfect for a 4 day stay, metro station almost on the doorstep

Very good

The price

Staff, breakfast and location. The price was too high for a 3 star hotel. It was a very busy week in Madrid . Most probably they offer lower rates when there is no such high demand.

The staff were very friendly and helpful;
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful; the room was spacious and comfortable for the price. Great walking distance from the National Library/Archaeological Museum, the shops of Serrano, and the Parque del Retiro. Steps from the Velázquez Metro station. Would highly recommend.

Hope it was a misunderstanding? That it turns out well.

See above.

I am still waiting to get answer for an extra charge of €30 after I paid and checked out. Without ordering, a bottle of champagne was left in my room on my 2nd day. I thought it was a generous gesture of Mariano whom I knew he brought his sister. I do not drink, therefore I did not open the bottle. In general, staffs were helpful.

Good for cheap short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning unit was so load that it couldn't be left on throughout the night which meant a restless night. Staff were very slow on check in when I arrived late and just wanted to get to my room.

Reasonably priced for good location

Good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

AC did not function well. Despite of everyday report to reception area, it was not repaired.

Good location. Taxi stand is just a few steps away from the hotel.

Unfortunately never again
    • Double or Twin Room

- upon arrival reception was occupied by helping to one guest. There were three employees of reception to help one guest?! It looked a bit unprofessional that so many people were dealing with one request leaving other guest waiting in the queue. - breakfast in the hotel is really bad. There is not enough healthy option. - Reception employees could use a little bit less ?Chanel? perfume. Constant strong flavor at 35 degree heat is not pleasant. - Due to the heat key system stopped working.

- Room was clean

A good place to stay in Madrid's Salamanca neighborhood
    • Double or Twin Room

This is a nice property in a good area of Madrid. There is a Metro station a half block away and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Worth the money.

Ideally situated for our needs
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms need updating. Bathroom tiles were very badly cracked and it was very difficult to get out of the shower as the toilet was in the way and the glass shower panel was perminently fastened to the bath.

Very clean, comfortable beds, lovey helpful staff. This hotel was ideally situated for our needs as we were visiting family in Madrid.

good hotel for a 1 night crash if needed but price is too high for the product. no ambient at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

no promised drinks and/or water as compliment. Only one person working which was doing all the work. no bucket for ice, they gave it in a plastic bag. entree smells too much of ambiantador. Television bad quality.

no comments

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great location should be rated 3 star
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor lighting in room. Need overhead lights or stronger light globes. Bar area not inviting at all.. the atmosphere, cold and clinical. I walked in and straight out.

Location location location.... was brilliant

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Beat up place, noisy and unsightly cleaning staff, too expensive
    • Double or Twin Room - Goya View

Poor housekeeping- working station right in front of our room, but problem beyond our room, all their equipment left in hallways throughout the hotel, bulky equipment and bins, we shared same elevators with service staff that would be transporting trash bags etc, unsightly Shower clogged- was a problem that never got resolved. To pay 300 USD a night for this place was robbery. Just because location is great, but otherwise this should have been a 150 doll/night tops. Nothing special. Old building, beat up facilities

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Short stay in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be great to have complimentary water in all of the rooms. Other than that - great place overall.

Great location (next to the metro station, so it's super easy to got to and from the airport). In walking distance to the arena for concerts and all other sorts of different things (shops, restaurants etc). Neat little hotel in the heart of Madrid. Nice room overall with all the necessary amenities. I was able to check in early when I got in, so that was very nice.

I will not return ever nor will recomend this property to my clients,I did advise that I was an agen
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like the small reception, poor service in a long corridor, full of noisy clients that have just arrived, only one lift , and having just arrive fron an international flight of 12 hours obviously we were not given our room till we pay extra 20 euros and then yes we did have our room ready, worse when I return to the hotel for a last night and we arrived to the hotel at noon again small reception with lots of clients waiting and Elena again informed fully booked no room till 3 pm, but she did ask for our passports and credit card so as to be ready once room was clean. We return after lunch at 3 pm, again lots of clients waiting for rooms, I asked Elena, do you have the room? Not only the answer was no, but she asked me to make the second time in the day a long queu! I will never return to this hotel even if the location is very good, rooms are correct, but really I will not return to a corridor hotel without reception. No need! There are lots of similar options. Besides they do not include breakfast in the tariff.

Good hotel with great location and neighborhood.
    • Double or Twin Room

Major negatives are the high prices for the rooms and for in-hotel breakfast. The room prices seem to vary wildly depending on the dates. Maybe this is the new normal for Madrid, but if you catch the prices on the high end, the value is not so great.

The staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The location is superb, as others (including the hotel) have noted. Metro station on the same block. Further, taxis line the street in the same block. Nearby to El Retiro, plus Salamanca-style (meaning high-end) shopping and eating. Easy to get to other Madrid locations.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The location is very central.
    • Double or Twin Room

The pillows were too long and flimsy. Maybe a range of pillow hardness. We couldn't figure out and still don't know if the window opened properly; we could only open the inner window.

The location is very central. Only a sub-five minute walk to the main park. Even though it is on a main road, we could hardly hear the busy-ness of the streets outside. Air conditioning worked well and the bathroom was adequate.

Friendly staff Great shower Room cleaned well daily ...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room not ready until exact time of check in (although were able to leave baggage which was appreciated) We are used to being able to book in a little early - although we do understand that is a bonus. Inability to pay for late check out. Although we were given a so-called upgrade, which we appreciate, it would have been nice to have a non-smoking room. Although the room was clean & tidy, our sensitive noses could still smell smokers had been there - it's impossible to hide.

Friendly staff Great shower Room cleaned well daily Staff gave us an upgrade We liked being on the 3rd floor We appreciated that the restaurant would be open early on the morning of the marathon, should we have wanted it.

Highly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

One staff member at the reception desk wasn't as friendly as others, however he did oblige us in refunding us money that had been over charged to our card.

The rooms were lovely and spacious, the bathroom and shower in particular was excellent, the breakfast buffet was fantastic and the location was perfect!

Staff was very accommodating.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds were not very comfortable. Pillows especially were not good. The leather pillow had no use and the sleeping pillows were too soft.

Staff was very accommodating. We had to leave very early and they had a taxi waiting and breakfast packed for us to take with us.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

great little hotel not far from plaza colon
    • Double or Twin Room

aircon in room could have been better

good room with nice view over the street to a church. very friendly staff. comfortable room with fridge etc. good location close to metro

Good value but not 4 star
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel tired and dated. No tea and coffee making faculties in room. Disturbed by adjacent room and room above due to thin walls and laminate flooring.

Good location. Friendly English speaking staff. Clean room.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Near the city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was not cleaned very good. Piece of garbage in a shower. Bed linen with some hairs on it. Shower itself was broken. Ventilation has not been working properly.

Near the city center. Close to the park, a lot of different shops and restaurants around that area.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Quite good
    • Double or Twin Room

First we have got a smoking room (even though we booked non smoking) Luckily we could change it. But have got a room with two beds and not one big. Was to tired to change again. Turned out it's quite uncomfortable to sleep on two beds as a couple. 30 mins walk to the center. Breakfast is nice but not a big choice for a vegetarian.

The staff is nice and helpful. Our room had a tiny little balcony.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good Hotel

No waiting seats at reception. We had to stand at reception for 15 minutes or so to reach our turn. The breakfast is boring. No latches for toilet. This is a must for triple rooms!

Clean room. Excellent staff smiling and helpful. Especially the girl at reception while we checked in was very helpful. Very close to metro station.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Catalonia Goya..a fantastic hotel at a great price

Heat would not turn off

Staff went above and beyond to accommodate us for early checkin. The room was modern and clean and was on the street side. If you want a quieter room than choose an inside room.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Would be perfect with some small improvements

The reception at a first sight is a little sad, it is basically a corridor on the elevator and stairs, but it compensates with the separate bar on the 1st floor and "relaxing" area with sofas and TV. Breakfast was crazily expensive, 17€ per person! We refused to do it, at a nearby café you can have croissant+coffee for 2,50€! For such a nice room, the shower should be improved and renovated, just little water came out.

Very confortable bed and large room provided with all the necessary stuff. Nice free products in the bathroom, adding a boiler in the room for tea/coffee would be super! Clean. The transparent/opaque glass door between room and bathroom might make you feel unconfortable if you have a colleague as room mate like we did... Wifi worked perfect. We asked to change room to separate beds and we were satisfied without problems.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Bad Value for Money
    • Double or Twin Room

AC is noisy. You can't sleep by leaving the AC on. Asked for slippers since the floor is parquet and tile. Haven't been provided by being told that slippers are not provided for standard room guests. Almost no hotel lobby exists. Entrance is more like an apartment. Facility is relatively old compared to others in the area. Balconies and windows are dusty. Took 20min to check-in. Been requested to pay all at check-in. No sound insulation.

Location is good. In walking distance to many places. TV internet and bed are good. Staff is polite.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

It was clean , but average

Lacked atmosphere , it was meant to be full, the bar was empty . We had a reduced rate, but would have been very disappointed if we had paid full price as felt basic. Shower average.

Staff were helpful and friendly.Beds comfy. Good location

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

No more than good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The window of the room was overlooking to a small inner court. The rooms lacked sound-proofing. Fresh air problem in the room.

Metro station right in front of the hotel. Nice and calm area if you like high end shopping. Walking distance to Retiro Park.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Stayed here for 1 night, going to a concert in Madrid.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed here for 1 night, going to a concert in Madrid. Hotel was well located, modern decor, very clean, quiet, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

One day in Madrid: good hotel room, excellent breakfast, perfect location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was excellent! The bed was huge and comfortable; the room was clean and quiet. I really liked it. A metro station is almost in front of the hotel! Perfect for direct airport connection.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great location, nice bedroom
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor selection of bathroom products. Not a real hotel entrance, it seems like a regular building entrance.

Spacious room, comfortable beds and linen. Double door to avoid noise.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Comfortable stay in the heart of Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

All staff were very gracious, especially Isabel at the bar, but one of the receptionists never had a smile!

Good to return to after long hours of walking and exploring.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The only complaint we have was the ridiculous fee for two gin tonics that came to 29+ Euro.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. The hotel room was very quiet in spite of the hotel being located on a busy street. An added plus was that it was right next to the Metro.

Browse Catalonia Goya traveller photo gallery